5 Argies 5!!!!!!! Gastón, Guille C, Willy Ñ, Mariano and David!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

5 Argies 5!!!!!!! Gastón, Guille C, Willy Ñ, Mariano and David!!!

Denaon
08-03-2005, 04:32 AM
*This is for Fantasy Survivor, I needed to start a thread here, please feel free to post*

We're starting to wonder who are the players that will end inside Top 8 for Shangai....
Well I wonder how all of these 5 men will do till the end of this year....

Do any of them have a chance to be part of best 8 in the race???

I think:

Guillermo Coria and David Nalbandian will end inside Top 8 and qualify for Masters.
Gaston Gaudio will end inside Top 15 (I'm almost positive he'll end Top 10 too)
Mariano Puerta will end inside Top 20.

And Willy Cañas :smooch: :hug:, though he's future is still uncertain, I don't think he'll end inside Top 20. (considering a good resolution and that he has lots of points to defend)

What do you think??

:secret: I won't be able to post here (not allowed to) :D Thanks!!

Action Jackson
08-03-2005, 04:34 AM
I think that is fair either Coria or Nalbandian will make the 8 and at best both of them will be there.

Gaudio, Willy and Puerta will miss out.

NYCtennisfan
08-03-2005, 04:40 AM
I think that is fair either Coria or Nalbandian will make the 8 and at best both of them will be there.

This sounds right. I think both Coria and Nalbandian will have solid hardcourt results and make it.

Action Jackson
08-03-2005, 04:49 AM
This sounds right. I think both Coria and Nalbandian will have solid hardcourt results and make it.

Then again if Gaudio manages to make the 3rd round of any those events, it would make it interesting, but I don't see him to be there in Shanghai

NYCtennisfan
08-03-2005, 06:07 AM
Gaudio just needs two tournaments where he can win back-to-back matches and I think he could get in. I just don't see it at this point but it could easily happen.

Action Jackson
08-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Gaudio just needs two tournaments where he can win back-to-back matches and I think he could get in. I just don't see it at this point but it could easily happen.

To be honest a QF apperance at one of the TMS events or not losing before the 3rd round, might be enough. The thing is that Cañas was in such a good position to make a charge, then the shit hit the fan.

Puerta has suffered the same feat that has happened to so many players on the verge of the top 10, just can't make the breakthrough to cement the place, it's the same for Massu recently. He has nothing to defend and in theory if he manages to win some matches off clay, then anything could happen.

joyk
08-03-2005, 09:52 AM
I think Coria will definitely be there,I`m not sure about Nalby but I hope so,maeby Gaudio,Mariano and Willy are definitley out.

jazz_girl
08-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm sure Coria will make it, Gastón can play well in hardcourts if he wants to, and it's very possible he can make it to Shanghai. As for David, it depends if it's his goal or not. He can defenitly make it, howevere from his latest interviews it sounds like his main goal is the DC, so I don't know how much emphasis he'll be putting in the next tournaments.

Julio1974
08-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Coria will be in Shangai. And I would be so happy if Nalbandian can make it too.

uNIVERSE mAN
08-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Coria & Gaudio would be better off not even trying to make it, they can't win a match in TMC, it would just be an embarassment.

Action Jackson
08-04-2005, 05:08 AM
Coria & Gaudio would be better off not even trying to make it, they can't win a match in TMC, it would just be an embarassment.

:worship:

uNIVERSE mAN
08-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Gaudio 2004 TMC Sets won: 0 Sets lost: 6
Coria 2004 TMC Sets won: 0 Sets lost: 6

lau
08-04-2005, 07:17 PM
And you loved it, right? ;) :p
Anyway, they were there and that means they did it better than most of the players in the Tour :angel:

uNIVERSE mAN
08-04-2005, 07:18 PM
every minute of it.

lau
08-04-2005, 07:20 PM
And obviously, the 8th, 9th, 10,th, 11th and 12th in the Entry Ranking are doing it better than most of the players in the tour too ;)

DanEd
08-04-2005, 07:24 PM
coria was in a very bad form coz he had a shoulder surgery

lau
08-04-2005, 07:27 PM
coria was in a very bad form coz he had a shoulder surgery
:secret: You can´t answer him seriously :lol:

Aguante_el_Gato
08-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I believe that David and Guille could classify easily.
I also have faith in Gastón, then I believe that he can play well in hardcourts and he has, like Coria, one advantage: he doesn't have points to defend, reason why a good beginning in Montreal or Cincinatti would allow him to follow as seeded in every tournament until the end of the year (avoiding the big names in first rounds)

aaahhh! and respect the last year 0-6 from Gaudio and Coria in Houston, on Coria already it was said that he had a surgery, and respect Gastón, it's necessary to indicate that he arrived in terrible form (some physical problems in September and October)

I remember much people last year, saying about Gaudio: "When he must defend the RG 2004 points he will going to return to the position #30 ..... bla bla bla "

yes, great 'Nostradamus' , continue speaking, that meanwhile, Gastón Gaudio continues being top ten

Julio1974
08-04-2005, 08:01 PM

In 2003, when Coria was in shape, he crushed Moya (6-2 / 6-3) and took one set from Roddick (and was quite close to beat him).

In 2004, everyone knew he was not 100% fit.

In any case, I certainly have a different notion of embarrasment. I'm sure Coria and Gauido's fan were very proud of watching them in the TMC, and were not embarrassed at all, even if they lost.

Your post denote your frustration for having to watch Coria and Gaudio instead of your fav. players (who were not good enough to be there).

Aguante_el_Gato
11-03-2005, 01:26 PM
I also have faith in Gastón, then I believe that he can play well in hardcourts and he has, like Coria, one advantage: he doesn't have points to defend, reason why a good beginning in Montreal or Cincinatti would allow him to follow as seeded in every tournament until the end of the year (avoiding the big names in first rounds)
Well, Coria is in the Masters . Congrats :yeah:
David :sad:
and Gastón .... Why not??? :p

lorenz
11-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Well, Coria is in the Masters . Congrats :yeah:
David :sad:
and Gastón .... Why not??? :p

Gastón in TMC?? very improbable.
but you never know :umbrella:

Aguante_el_Gato
11-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Gastón in TMC?? very improbable.
but you never know :umbrella:Well, well well , why not?
Gastón vs Berdych: I think is not impossible
Ljubicic vs Robredo: ..... well why don't expect for a miracle? :angel:

Horatio Caine
11-04-2005, 12:03 PM
from 5 to......1 ;)

Never mind :)

BATES
11-04-2005, 06:12 PM
from 5 to......1 ;)

At least there's one :nerner: :nerner:

Betty
11-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, well well , why not?
Gastón vs Berdych: I think is not impossible
Ljubicic vs Robredo: ..... well why don't expect for a miracle? :angel:
no miracle for..Robredo :mad:...waiting Gasty :angel:

Horatio Caine
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
At least there's one :nerner: :nerner:

:ras: He won't last long ;)

Action Jackson
11-05-2005, 01:09 PM
from 5 to......1 ;)

One more representative than the UK.

joyk
11-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Argentina has 4 players in the top 20,one player qualified for TMC and two were pretty close,I think that`s pretty damn good.

Aguante_el_Gato
11-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Made in August 4
I also have faith in Gastón, ....... What a prediction!!! :haha: :haha:
Yeah, I already know it, I was helped by the retirements, but now what matters!!!
The 3 will be in Shangai (and not forget also Mariano as substitute)
:banana: :banana:

bonus track:
I remember much people last year, saying about Gaudio: "When he must defend the RG 2004 points he will going to return to the position #30 ..... bla bla bla "

yes, great 'Nostradamus' , continue speaking, that meanwhile, Gastón Gaudio continues being top ten:haha: :haha:

Action Jackson
11-09-2005, 01:00 PM

yes, great 'Nostradamus' , continue speaking, that meanwhile, Gastón Gaudio continues being top ten

Welcome along Nostradamus.

Aguante_el_Gato
11-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Welcome along Nostradamus.:haha: Thanks George

Action Jackson
11-09-2005, 01:04 PM

Well Gaudio was the only one I got incorrect.

Aguante_el_Gato
11-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Well Gaudio was the only one I got incorrect.well , ... not so bad :p

Denaon
11-09-2005, 01:26 PM
I think:

Guillermo Coria and David Nalbandian will end inside Top 8 and qualify for Masters.
Gaston Gaudio will end inside Top 15 (I'm almost positive he'll end Top 10 too)
Mariano Puerta will end inside Top 20.

Hey, I didn't do it bad either ;)

Viken01
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
nice prediction denaon :yeah:

mandoura
11-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Aguante and Dan :yeah:.

You are the best examples that no one should lose faith. Things have ways of turning around. There is nothing "definite" or impossible". Withdrawals or not, your predictions stand. :)

:woohoo: for all three of them. They make up almost 50% of the players there. Crossing fingers for Puerta (who knows) to make it an exact 50%. Very impresive Argentina. Vamos. :bounce:

R.Federer
11-09-2005, 03:09 PM
What an impressive showing from Argentina this year. Congratulations

DhammaTiger
11-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Great prediction and well done. next year all will be in the top ten.

hitchhiker
11-10-2005, 12:05 PM
now i know why all the drug suppliers have mysteriously gone to china on holiday for a week

Denaon
11-10-2005, 12:12 PM
:retard:

Betty
11-10-2005, 01:57 PM

aaahhh! and respect the last year 0-6 from Gaudio and Coria in Houston, on Coria already it was said that he had a surgery, and respect Gastón, it's necessary to indicate that he arrived in terrible form (some physical problems in September and October)

:worship: :worship:
Aguante could u see if i will win a lot of money :devil:
ciao :hug:

Betty
11-10-2005, 02:00 PM
well, so it's a "virus" for Argentine's men.... :eek:

Aguante_el_Gato
11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
now i know why all the drug suppliers have mysteriously gone to china on holiday for a weeknow i know why all the idiots hunters have mysteriously came to this thread

revolution
11-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Nalbandian will do the best in TMC out of the three, maybe he could upset our resident Ljubicic bopper in the process. :p

Aguante_el_Gato
11-10-2005, 04:00 PM
:worship: :worship:
Aguante could u see if i will win a lot of money :devil:
ciao :hug:Hi Betty!!! I could see ... :eek: :tape:
:haha:

Aguante_el_Gato
11-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Coria & Gaudio would be better off not even trying to make it, they can't win a match in TMC, it would just be an embarassment. :worship: :worship:

:p

:haha: :haha: