DirecTV sucks [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

DirecTV sucks

nobama
08-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Of course everyone here already knew that. ;) No room for TTC, but just replaced one of their channels with Al Gore's new channel "Current TV". :mad:

Current TV Connects With DirecTV Sky Retailer, 28 July 2005

DirecTV and Current TV announced the signing of a multi-year affiliation agreement that extends carriage on DirecTV's "Total Choice" programming packages. At the moment, carriage is being usedby Newsworld International, a network owned by Current Media.

Starting Aug. 1, Current Media will replace Newsworld International programming with Current TV, a national network created by, for and with an 18- to 34-year-old audience.

Current TV, the new independent youth network, is led by company chair Al Gore and CEO Joel Hyatt and will represent young adults in "their world, in their voice," says a company release.

"DirecTV strives to provide a diverse array of quality programming and Current TV's plan to give young viewers the opportunity to collaborate on the programming they see on television, is novel and exciting," said Dan Fawcett, executive vice president Programming Acquisition, DirecTV. "We hope to be a significant part in the network's success."

According to Current, programming will range from hot trends in technology, fashion, music, video games to important issues like the environment, relationships, parenting, finance and politics. For more information, visit http://www.current.tv.

acoffeygirl
08-03-2005, 01:29 AM
At the TTC booth at the LA Tourney....the girl told me that they hoped to have TTC on DirecTV by the first part of 2006. I know that is a ways off...but at lest there is hope!

heya
08-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Tennis channel's commentators have brains. You can't say the same thing about Espn announcers.

Newsworld channel is one of the best, but they cancelled it!

Useless Currentv has a stupid interview of Paris Hilton's friend. :o

Nimomunz
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Al Gore TV channel?.......man thats just politics!!

Breakaway
08-03-2005, 12:42 PM
At the TTC booth at the LA Tourney....the girl told me that they hoped to have TTC on DirecTV by the first part of 2006. I know that is a ways off...but at lest there is hope!

:D Hope it's true!

RodLo
08-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Since when did Al Gore have his own channel? Oh boy.

Pea
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
It must've been cheaper.:tape:

nobama
08-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Since when did Al Gore have his own channel? Oh boy.
Since just a few days ago, I guess. I still don't get the point of the channel. Yesterday they showed a clip of a guy who has a Michael Jordan/Nike shoe fettish and they showed his shoe collection and showed him going to the store and buying a pair of Nikes. Then they shoed a short story about a woman from Texas who became a Baptist pastor and is working at a Baptist church in Wisconsin. :scratch:

Maxpowers
08-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Its completely ridiculous. I hope the network completely flops.

nobama
08-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Its completely ridiculous. I hope the network completely flops.
Well if they keep up with this kind of programming it will.

niko
08-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Of course everyone here already knew that. ;) No room for TTC, but just replaced one of their channels with Al Gore's new channel "Current TV". :mad:

Current TV Connects With DirecTV Sky Retailer, 28 July 2005

DirecTV and Current TV announced the signing of a multi-year affiliation agreement that extends carriage on DirecTV's "Total Choice" programming packages. At the moment, carriage is being usedby Newsworld International, a network owned by Current Media.

Starting Aug. 1, Current Media will replace Newsworld International programming with Current TV, a national network created by, for and with an 18- to 34-year-old audience.

Current TV, the new independent youth network, is led by company chair Al Gore and CEO Joel Hyatt and will represent young adults in "their world, in their voice," says a company release.

"DirecTV strives to provide a diverse array of quality programming and Current TV's plan to give young viewers the opportunity to collaborate on the programming they see on television, is novel and exciting," said Dan Fawcett, executive vice president Programming Acquisition, DirecTV. "We hope to be a significant part in the network's success."

According to Current, programming will range from hot trends in technology, fashion, music, video games to important issues like the environment, relationships, parenting, finance and politics. For more information, visit http://www.current.tv.
It's not just Directv all satelite systems are ripping people off. We're paying them for being paid.