So, indeed, let's talk Shanghai. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

So, indeed, let's talk Shanghai.

Nimi
08-02-2005, 05:51 PM
It seems that there is kind of an agreement that other than Fed and Rafa, who are already qualified, Safin, Roddick and Hewitt will also get in.

So five players are in, considering that an outsider will not win the US Open, Safin will fall out of the top seven by the year's end, and that this outsider will steal Marat's place. Let's hope that this kind of a thing will not happen :p.

Following the Elite Four (Marat not included), we have Coria, who is doing quite well on faster surfaces this season and who is a good bet, Nikolay "Wrist" Davydenko, some 'clay-courters' in the figure of Gaston, Mariano, JCF and Ferrer, some big hitting from Gonzo, some veterans in the form of Andre and ToJo, and the almighty Gasquet.

Who do you think are the most likely to fill up the gap and qualify for the TMC? Of course things will heavily clear up after the USO, but let's see what you think right now.

Nimi
08-02-2005, 05:58 PM
My choices are Coria, Davydenko and TJ. I think Coria is a worthy qualifier as much as I dislike him, Davydnko will not have a problem adding around 80-100 points to his tally by the seasons's end unless his wrist is really a problem, and I just have a feeling about the Swede. I really do hope that Gaston will get in, it would be superb to see him in Shanghai without the bugging "flukey RG champion" flying around him.

NicoFan
08-02-2005, 06:02 PM
I voted for Fena cuz I hope that he does. We'll probably be able to tell more if he can do it by the end of the US Open.

If not Fena, I hope Guille gets in.

Papakori
08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Ferrer, Davydenko and Gaudio will join Hewitt, Roddick, Nadal and Safin.

I would like to see Gonzo in it also

Julio1974
08-02-2005, 06:35 PM
I think Coria is very likely to get in. Fernando Gonzalez should also get in if he has some decent luck with the draws. The other one may probably be Agassi (but I hope not).

Aleksa's Laydee
08-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Thomas Johansson, Coria and Daveydenko

alfonsojose
08-02-2005, 06:44 PM
If Hewitt plans to play less after his marriage, things are not that clear for him. The gap between Hewitt and Coria is not that big, and Roddick is 92 points ahead of Potato. But i think Hewitt, Coria, Davydenko and Gaston/Andre.

mishar
08-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Nalbandian, Coria and Agassi/Gaudio/Gasquet for the final spot

Black Adam
08-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Well if many claycourters make it there won't it be easier for guys like Roddick and Hewitt ;)

revolution
08-02-2005, 08:30 PM
No clay courters will make Shanghai, as JCF is not one, although it's his favourite surface, he's reached a USO final so that removes the clay court moniker.

zhangxin219
08-03-2005, 05:03 PM
I do hope Coria will come to Shanghai.

roisin
08-03-2005, 05:11 PM
I do think JCF can make it if he gets his arse in shape and has a good American hardcourt season.

Davydenko too if he can get over that injury thing of his.

NyGeL
08-03-2005, 05:12 PM
coria, gaudio and nalby :)

RexEverything
08-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Don't forget that Federer guy, he might also be a candidate.

Black Adam
08-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Don't forget that Federer guy, he might also be a candidate.
I bet you didn't even read the whole thing because you are totally off topic!
The question is which guys apart Federer, Nadal, Hewitt , Roddick and Safin which other 3 guys will be there. But since you didn't even bother to read the whole thing:rolleyes: why should I bother explaining. :wavey:

RexEverything
08-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I bet you didn't even read the whole thing because you are totally off topic!
The question is which guys apart Federer, Nadal, Hewitt , Roddick and Safin which other 3 guys will be there. But since you didn't even bother to read the whole thing:rolleyes: why should I bother explaining. :wavey:

*YAWN*

Oh yeah. Sorry for the inconvenience, Mr. Superserious. I didn't know that you have such a scientific approach to things.

Sorry again.

Black Adam
08-03-2005, 10:06 PM
*YAWN*

Oh yeah. Sorry for the inconvenience, Mr. Superserious. I didn't know that you have such a scientific approach to things.

Sorry again.
I am the one who is sorry.....I take things far too seriously :wavey: Peace? :angel: :)

Black Adam
08-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Maybe Stephanek might make it to Shanghai.............the guy has had good indoor results last year so you never know :)

Nimi
08-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Maybe Stephanek might make it to Shangai.............the guy has had good indoor results last year so you never know :)

I hope not :o

Nimomunz
08-04-2005, 01:22 AM
I hope not :o
haha
thats like totally soooooooooo mean!
lol

zhangxin219
08-04-2005, 10:45 AM
"It's Shanghai, not Shangai"

from Mr. Superserious II :)

Black Adam