~ Feña rocks in Montreal ~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~ Feña rocks in Montreal ~

Fergie
08-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Time to start a topic for the first hard court event for Feña since Miami ;)

The last year Feña reached to 3rd round (lost with Melzer in 2 sets :( ) ... With a good draw this year he could do it better :cool:

Vamos Feña :bounce:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-02-2005, 02:58 PM
He will rock this time,go! :rocker::music::rocker2:

olimpo
08-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Good idea Fergie :yeah:

Best of luck to Fernando for the hard court season http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

Hope he'll be seeded in Montreal and get a good draw. ;)

¡Vamos Fernando! :bigclap:

Fergie
08-02-2005, 03:52 PM
I forgot our lucky smilie :p

Vamos Feña http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

Sparko1030
08-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Good Luck to Fernando in Montreal! :hatoff: Sounds like he is taking this very seriously-more than ever-with the kind of motivation he seems to have now I think he will do well. You rock Fena!!! :rocker:

enqvistfan
08-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Buena Suerte Fernando, you are the best !!! You'll go far in Montreal !! Hope you'll be lucky with your draw. We cross our fingers !!!

Papakori
08-02-2005, 07:09 PM
I wish you the tournament of your life in Montreal, Gonzo :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-02-2005, 07:10 PM
I forgot our lucky smilie :p

Vamos Feña http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

:lol:
Vamos Feña again!!! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

Björki
08-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Vamos Fena :bounce:

RogiFan88
08-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Wishing Fena a great draw this time so he can go FAR!!!! I'll be cheering him on CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE!!!

Also Fena and Nico in doubles!!! ;)

Anything you want me to say to Fena if I meet him?? en espanol? in English?

enqvistfan
08-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Anything you want me to say to Fena if I meet him?? en espanol? in English?

Just enjoy the moment RogiFan88 and don't be shy to talk to him (as I am LOL). Have a nice time with him at the tournament :bounce: And wish him good luck for the tournament and for the rest of his carreer. Thank you

Val

RogiFan88
08-04-2005, 02:33 PM
I won't be shy if I meet Fena -- wish me luck in getting to him and watching his practice sessions and his first-round match [I'm only there til Tue.].

VAMOS, FENA!!!!!

*Viva Chile*
08-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Good luck Feña... without Federer you have a lot of chances in this tournament!!!! :lol:

enqvistfan
08-05-2005, 06:50 AM
I won't be shy if I meet Fena -- wish me luck in getting to him and watching his practice sessions and his first-round match [I'm only there til Tue.].

VAMOS, FENA!!!!!

Yes, of course good luck, you have a good chance to see him, he's easy to find in tournaments in general. All the best :)

Vamos Feńa
08-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Vamos Fernando!:D:D :rocker::rocker:
Let's make some damages out there!!!:banana::banana: http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gifhttp://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

Fergie
08-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Good luck Feña... without Federer you have a lot of chances in this tournament!!!! :lol:
:lol:

Without Rogi, Marat, Cañas and Pim Pim ... Feña might be a seed here, right? ;)

RogiFan88
08-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes, Fena is definitely seeded... check the Montreal thread. Hasta luego!

enqvistfan
08-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Gonzo vs Mirnyi !!
Buena suerte Fernando !!!

Head to Head : 1-2
Last match : Paris/Bercy, Max won in 2004

The match won't be easy for Fernando but he can do it !!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-05-2005, 08:41 PM
His draw is...ok.And I think Feña has some chance to beat Hewitt in R3,but beat Max :bigcry: in R1 first! Vamos! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

enqvistfan
08-05-2005, 09:01 PM
His draw is...ok.And I think Feña has some chance to beat Hewitt in R3,but beat Max :bigcry: in R1 first! Vamos! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

I haven't looked at R3 yet !!! In a Masters Series, there's no easy match, so.. As you said, R1 first !!!

Vamos !!!

Vamos Feńa
08-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm really scared :scared:
Max is very dangerous...
Pls do your best Fernando!Vamos!!! :hug:

olimpo
08-05-2005, 09:55 PM
It's a tough first round :(

Good luck, Fernando :kiss: You can do it!!!

¡Vamos! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

Fergie
08-05-2005, 10:07 PM
The draw sucks! :( ... But the good thing is that Max isn't playing too good this year :lol:

Vamos Feña! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

FelipeMIA89
08-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Come on Gonzo!! You can do it! Play your best! VAMOS!

Sparko1030
08-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Not as good of a draw as I'd hoped for Fernando...but what can you do???? He's been playing so well though lately and has been so motivated that I know he can beat Mirnyi. And the rest...VAMOS FENA!!! :banana:

SuperRevelation
08-06-2005, 07:50 AM
good luck gonzo against mirnyi! :D

*Viva Chile*
08-06-2005, 09:42 AM
"The Beast" is always a dangerous obstacle for any top player in early rounds :rolleyes: but I hope Feña will canalize his energy to battle him. Let's Go!!! :rocker2:

Vamos Feńa
08-06-2005, 10:51 AM
The draw sucks! :( ... But the good thing is that Max isn't playing too good this year :lol:

Vamos Feña! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif
Well honestly almost all Feña's draws this year sucked, that's becoming typicall :fiery:
Good luck Feña!!! Vamos!

olimpo
08-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Well honestly almost all Feña's draws this year sucked, that's becoming typicall :fiery:
Good luck Feña!!! Vamos!

This is so true :sad:

I don't know why he doesn't get a break from getting such crappy draws ……I'm really sick of it. :mad:

¡Vamos Feña! We love you! http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

olimpo
08-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Here's the doubles draw....also quite tough for Fernando and Nico :rolleyes:

Buena Suerte Fernando y Nico http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

(1) BJORKMAN, Jonas (SWE)/MIRNYI, Max (BLR) v Bye
JOHANSSON, Thomas (SWE)/YOUZHNY, Mikhail (RUS) v ASPELIN, Simon (SWE)/PERRY, Todd (AUS)
ETLIS, Gaston (ARG)/RODRIGUEZ, Martin (ARG) v GONZALEZ, Fernando (CHI)/MASSU, Nicolas (CHI)
Bye v (6) LLODRA, Michael (FRA)/SANTORO, Fabrice (FRA)

(4) BLACK, Wayne (ZIM)/ULLYETT, Kevin (ZIM) v Bye
(WC) GROSJEAN, Sebastien (FRA)/NIEMEYER, Frederic (CAN) v FERRER, David (ESP)/GASQUET, Richard (FRA)
SUK, Cyril (CZE)/VIZNER, Pavel (CZE) v DAVYDENKO, Nikolay (RUS)/NOVAK, Jiri (CZE)
Bye v (7) BHUPATHI, Mahesh (IND)/DAMM, Martin (CZE)

(5) PAES, Leander (IND)/ZIMONJIC, Nenad (SCG) v Bye
ERLICH, Jonathan (ISR)/RAM, Andy (ISR) v HUSS, Stephen (AUS)/MOODIE, Wesley (RSA)
NALBANDIAN, David (ARG)/PUERTA, Mariano (ARG) v GAUDIO, Gaston (ARG)/LOPEZ, Feliciano (ESP)
Bye v (3) KNOWLES, Mark (BAH)/NESTOR, Daniel (CAN)

(8) ARTHURS, Wayne (AUS)/HANLEY, Paul (AUS) v Bye
FRIEDL, Leos (CZE)/PAVEL, Andrei (ROM) v (WC) BESTER, Philip (CAN)/DANCEVIC, Frank (CAN)
NADAL, Rafael (ESP)/ROBREDO, Tommy (ESP) v ALLEGRO, Yves (SUI)/HRBATY, Dominik (SVK)
Bye v (2) BRYAN, Bob (USA)/BRYAN, Mike (USA)

Papakori
08-07-2005, 12:48 PM
good luck Fernando against Max.

YOu can do it :)

Fergie
08-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Good luck in doubles Feña!!! :yeah: (another crappy draw :p )

olimpo
08-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Fernando's playing tomorrow! He's up third on court BN (1st match starting at 11am local time)

Vamos Fernando.....you can do it!!! :bigclap:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Both draws are crappy but Feña can do it! :kiss:

NicoFan
08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
VAMOS FENA!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

KICK MAX'S BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery:

Fergie
08-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Vamos Feña, I want to see you winning tomorrow! :yeah:

Sparko1030
08-08-2005, 04:48 AM
Good Luck tomorrow against Mirnyi, Fernando!!! :hatoff: Smoke him off the court Fena!!! :fiery:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Good Luck Fernando today :D I get to watch his match on the TV :woohoo:

Vamos Feńa
08-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh no :sad: :sad:
He just lost the set 7/6 after serving for it at 6/5 :sad:
I hate when he mist play against Mirnyi or Mayer :sad:
Pls fight Fernando!

Vamos Feńa
08-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Down 3/5 in 2nd :sad::sad::sad:

FelipeMIA89
08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Gonzo unfortunetely lost 7-6 6-4. I'm so sad about the lost. Well I hope he does in Cincy.

Vamos Feńa
08-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Feńa became the first victim of the shittiest draw this year :sad: :sad:
He played poorly :sad: His stats wern't good :sad:
A big :hug: Gonzo 4U and you'll see you'll do better in Cincy ;)
<hoping to see much better draw also :rolleyes:>

enqvistfan
08-08-2005, 08:25 PM
I've just arrived. On tv, we have Nalbandian vs Chela. What happened to Fernando ???
Good luck for the doubles and for Cincy !!

Sparko1030
08-08-2005, 08:35 PM
:sad: I still can't believe Fena lost-seems like we should be sizing up his next opponent....Yeah, his stats weren't good...Have to put it down to his first hardcourt match in quite awhile...I know he'll be back in form in Cincy.

And I'm not even going to hope for a good draw for him anymore-what would be the point??? He's never going to get a good draw again and I may as well get used to it.... :hysteric:

Well, Fena still rocks :rocker2: and I hope he quickly put this match behind him! :hug:

enqvistfan
08-08-2005, 08:41 PM
My god, they show the match on tv at the moment :) :) : ) and from the beginning. I'll let you know what happened.

Papakori
08-08-2005, 09:01 PM
aww gonzo :crying2:

olimpo
08-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Fernando :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I'm sending a big :hug: to Fernando in Montreal wishing him good luck for the doubles and for next week in Cincy.

NicoFan
08-08-2005, 09:48 PM
I can't believe this happened.

I knew Max would be tough, but I didn't even think for a minute that Max would beat our Fena. I really didn't think that he would have problems until Lleyton.

I'm sending a lot of :hug: to Fena too in Montreal. I feel so sad for him. This wasn't supposed to happen. :sad: He's been doing so well since Wimbledon.

GonzoFan
08-08-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm so sad about the lost :bigcry: I watched the whole match on tv and in the first set he was playing really good but after Max won the set 7-5 in the TB Gonzo just couldn´t be the same Gonzo he was on the first set ... :sobbing:

I just want to send him a BIG :hug: and GOOD LUCK FOR CINCY !!!!! :smooch:

:hug: WE STILL LOVE YOU GONZO :hug:

:smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

enqvistfan
08-08-2005, 10:15 PM
I've just finished to watch the match on tv. As Gonzo Fan said, he played good in the first set. At 5-5, he broke Max, made some great points so he was leading 6/5 and I thought that it would have been possible for him to win the set, but he unfortunately lost his serve and they played a tie-break but Max won easily the tie-break. Gonzo gave some points but Max played a solid match today, he made some good points. In the second set, I fell Gonzo a bit discouraged, a bit nervous and not really focused, and Max was still playing well, so I understand him.

As I said earlier, in a Masters-Serie, you don't have easy match or an easy draw. The players are prepared to play tough matches. Players have to be ready for the first match and don't have the time to wait one or two matches to enter in a tournament. Max is known as a tough player so I knew that the match would be difficult for Fernando. That's life... He'll play better in Cincy !!

Buena suerte por Cincy Fena, you are still a great player to watch :yeah:
Good luck for the doubles with Nico :bounce:

Fergie
08-09-2005, 12:25 AM
What a bad birthday's gift you gave me Feña :sad: :sad: :sad:

FelipeMIA89
08-09-2005, 12:46 AM
I was very upset with Gonzos loss today but I kept thinking about it and we should all be very supportive for him. I have learned that I shoulden't see a player less because of his ranking. I also think that we shouldent say about Gonzos future in the tournament. I guess we should go game by game. Well I wish you the best Gonzo! Try your best, that all we ask from you.

NicoFan
08-09-2005, 01:09 PM
I was very upset with Gonzos loss today but I kept thinking about it and we should all be very supportive for him. I have learned that I shoulden't see a player less because of his ranking. I also think that we shouldent say about Gonzos future in the tournament. I guess we should go game by game. Well I wish you the best Gonzo! Try your best, that all we ask from you.

Yes, of course, we'll always support Fena. :)

I'm not a long long time fan, but I've watched Fena since 2002. I've watched him up, and watched him down, and no matter where he is in the rankings, I always adore him.

If I wanted someone that won every tournament, I would root for Roger.

But I like Fena for more than his on court accomplishments. I love his personality off court, and his fiery way on court (though I do wish he'd tone down the all power game on court...lol!). And speaking as a woman, he's darn cute, and that counts for a lot. ;)

He'll be fine, he'll do better in Cincy, hope he plays Pilot Pen (cuz I'm going and want to see him...lol!), and he'll be kicking it in for the US Open. And if not, whatever...I'll still love him!!! I've rooted for him through much worse.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Now Hewitt retired,I feel more sad for Gonzo,he has a big chance but Max is tough for him. :banghead::bigcry:

Just hope he will have a better draw next time. :)

Fergie
08-10-2005, 12:01 AM
And Etlis/Rodriguez def. Massu/Gonzalez 7-6(5) 7-6 (6) :bigcry:

I hate Montreal :ras:

GonzoFan
08-10-2005, 02:03 AM
definitely Montreal is not for chileans :sad: ...

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-10-2005, 02:32 AM
Can't believe they lost the doubles! :wazzup:

Sparko1030
08-10-2005, 04:37 AM
:sobbing: Get Fena and Nico out of Montreal asap!!! Not their week that's for sure. Here's to better days in Cincy! :wavey:

enqvistfan
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
I saw the end of Nico's match yesterday on tv, sad for him and now, they lost the doubles. Terrible. They'll keep a bad memory of Montreal. Better days for Cincy, that's sure, with a better draw.

Fergie
08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Feña needs to play better for improve his ranking and have better draws then this defeat in 1º round doesn't help him so much :(

enqvistfan
08-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Is it next week that he has to defend his points from the Olympics ?

Fergie
08-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Is it next week that he has to defend his points from the Olympics ?
Yes! :scared:

This is the reason because I'm not happy with Montreal's result ... I feel that Feña lost a good chance here :rolleyes:

NicoFan
08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
How many points does he have to defend - 200 something I think?

And how far does he have to go in Cincy to defend them?

NicoFan
08-10-2005, 01:37 PM
How many points does he have to defend - 200 something I think?

And how far does he have to go in Cincy to defend them?

Well can answer part of my own question.

He has to get to the SFs to defend them. :sad:

Geez I thought it was just Nico that I had to worry about here which is bad enough that he has to get to the finals to defend most of them.

NicoFan
08-10-2005, 02:11 PM
And found out that its 205 points that he has to defend.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Wow i didnt know they had to defend points from the olympics :scared:

NicoFan
08-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Wow i didnt know they had to defend points from the olympics :scared:

It doesn't seem fair.

Cincy is nothing like the Olympics.

:sad:

Fergie
08-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Well Feña will have to think that he is playing for Chile, we know that he does it better :p

But he was semifinalist in Cincy one time then he can do it again! (always if the draws help him)

RogiFan88
09-15-2005, 02:56 AM
:) Hola, Los Feñaticos! Finally some pix I took of Feña at TMS Montreal05! Here is my little report:

Saturday August 6, 2005
My sister stayed at court 8 to watch Fernando Gonzalez practise with Youzhny. Gonzo was looking good shirtless in black shorts and his black bandana. Feña seemed a bit frustrated with how he was hitting the ball. She took a few photos of Feña.

My sis recalls that she returned to the Nadal practice to see if he might be leaving. She was trying to decide whether to stay or to go back to Feña. … As the crowd was getting bigger she decided she would have a better chance to see Feña.

So she returned to the Gonzalez practice to try and catch him as he was leaving. This time a half a dozen Chilean fans gathered at the gate to greet him. … At one point, seeing Horacio de la Peña leave at the far end, they wondered whether they should go down to that end to wait for Feña but shortly afterwards, he came out.

Feña was very open with his fans not only posing for photos and signing autographs but also chatting a little. After he was done with everyone else, my sis handed him his recuerdo canadiense, wishing him Buena suerte. He seemed genuinely touched. He said Gracias and something else in Spanish that she didn’t quite catch!

Feña practising shirtless and in cool bandana and posing for fans:

GonzoFan
09-15-2005, 03:10 AM
RogiFan - Thank you so much for the report and the pics ! :hug: it's so great to hear once again how nice Feña is with all of his fans ;) That's what makes him so adorable :hearts:

Fergie
09-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the report RogiFan :D

The first pic is adorable!!! :inlove:

NicoFan
09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Great report RogiFan...and love the pictures...and yes, the first one is adorable!! whoo hoo!

Sparko1030
09-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the report and great pics Rogifan! What a nice story of Fena-combined with the shirtless Fena-its no wonder we love the guy! :woohoo:

olimpo
09-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks a lot for the report and the great pictures :hearts: RogiFan

kitzfan
09-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Thank you for the report Rogifan! Not to mention the great pictures... ;)

It is always lovely to hear about how nice he can be with his fans! And so it is always a good feeling to be a fan of his...

Thanks again for the report! :wavey: