Will Jiri back to China again this year? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Jiri back to China again this year?

novanora
08-01-2005, 02:38 PM
I am just wondering that.... coz I hear some rumor here he will play China Open in Beijing this year.. but not confirmed yet.

I hope he can come again. Jiri has been to Shanghai for 3 years in line since 2002 TMC, and definitely he likes here, and we love him too. Jiri do have quite a lot fans in Shanghai, who come to watch him play every year, like me (Jiri is very nice to the fans :hug: ). Now Shanghai Open has been moved to Vietnam, and TMC instead again. So, if Jiri come to play in China this year, the only one will be China Open in Beijing, the city far from me, but I will take a train to go there watching tennis. Hope Jiri can come again :D I am waiting for him like last year, the year before last year, and the year before the year before last year.

Lenka sweetie, if you get some news regarding this in Czech, please let me know :worship:

Lenka
08-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Of course! :hug: if I will find out anything concerning China Open and Jiri, you will be the first to hear it! But I doubt, tennis isn't here very popular. :sad:

novanora
08-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Of course! :hug: if I will find out anything concerning China Open and Jiri, you will be the first to hear it! But I doubt, tennis isn't here very popular. :sad:
Thanks.. :hug: I think the full entry list should be out soon here, then I will know if he will come or not ;)

Hey, tennis isn't popular in Czech? :eek: You have many good and potential players, I think this sport should catch a lot attention in your country.

Lenka
08-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks.. :hug: I think the full entry list should be out soon here, then I will know if he will come or not ;)

Hey, tennis isn't popular in Czech? :eek: You have many good and potential players, I think this sport should catch a lot attention in your country.

yeah i think we have great players ( not such good and so many like Spain ) but here are the most popular ... football, ice-hockey, formula 1 or motosports and then tennis, basketball and athletics.
Actually I love football and ice-hockey but tennis as well!!!
The only one sport channel I have is eurosport and they show only wta or grandslams! :mad:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-02-2005, 06:54 PM
I hope he does play in China just for you :)

novanora
08-03-2005, 06:14 AM
I hope he does play in China just for you :)
Thanks!! :hug: I do think he will be happy to see me again in China, not the same city though, but whatever. :D

novanora
08-03-2005, 06:21 AM
yeah i think we have great players ( not such good and so many like Spain ) but here are the most popular ... football, ice-hockey, formula 1 or motosports and then tennis, basketball and athletics.
Actually I love football and ice-hockey but tennis as well!!!
The only one sport channel I have is eurosport and they show only wta or grandslams! :mad:
Maybe when one of your players won a GS or big tourney some day, it will stir the tennis fire in your country. I also think Czech should have more tourneys to spread their tennis influence. Anyway, Czech has very good potential, only need a chance to stir it up.

Lenka
08-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks!! :hug: I do think he will be happy to see me again in China, not the same city though, but whatever. :D

do you have a photo with him? :D

Lenka
08-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Maybe when one of your players won a GS or big tourney some day, it will stir the tennis fire in your country. I also think Czech should have more tourneys to spread their tennis influence. Anyway, Czech has very good potential, only need a chance to stir it up.

i hope so too! i would be very happy if in the Czech Republic will be one day an ATP tourney! but we can just wait and hope until it happens ;)

LET'S GO CZECH TENNIS!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-03-2005, 02:57 PM

:lol: I bet he will :) :hug:

novanora
08-03-2005, 03:24 PM
do you have a photo with him? :D
Nope, i don't like to take photos with players :p only have his autography, and talked sth with him when he was practising, and yes, he is very nice :hug:

I think I will decide to take a photo with him if he goes to play China Open this year. After watching his live playing for 3 years in line, I should leave myself a souvenir for the great memory :)

novanora
08-03-2005, 03:28 PM
i hope so too! i would be very happy if in the Czech Republic will be one day an ATP tourney! but we can just wait and hope until it happens ;)

LET'S GO CZECH TENNIS!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Czech really deserves an ATP tourney. And I will be happy to see that happen too :yeah: actually it should have one much earlier, just based on how much the Czech tennis improve these years. Hope we can see it soon. :D

Lenka
08-03-2005, 04:58 PM
yep, i hope it will be soon!!!

btw, have you seen this picture?
http://www.atptennis.com/en/media/insiderpics/2005/0728_klaus_gaudio.jpg
Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus took time from his vacation at the Generali Open to meet some of the players including Gaston Gaudio.

Our President likes tennis! :)

Lenka
08-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm sorry :rolleyes: it was :topic:

novanora
08-04-2005, 04:51 AM
yep, i hope it will be soon!!!

btw, have you seen this picture?
http://www.atptennis.com/en/media/insiderpics/2005/0728_klaus_gaudio.jpg
Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus took vacation at the Generali Open to meet some of the players including Gaston Gaudio.

Our President likes tennis! :)
No, but hey, this pic is nice!! :yeah:
I don't think I ever see it :p, I am not a Gaudio fan, and even I saw it maybe I can't recognize the beside person is Czech Republic President. But thanks for the sharing :hug: If your president likes tennis, then at least you have some big one to support this sports in your country :yeah:

novanora
08-04-2005, 04:52 AM
I'm sorry :rolleyes: it was :topic:
at least I won't mind :lol: coz I am always off topic myself. :p

novanora
08-13-2005, 12:04 PM
The full entry list has been out, and no Jiri's name in it...:sad:

Entry List

1 Nadal, Rafael ESP 2
2 Davydenko, Nikolay RUS 7
3 Coria, Guillermo ARG 9
4 Nalbandian, David ARG 12
5 Johansson, Thomas SWE 15
6 Hrbaty, Dominik SVK 24
7 Lopez, Feliciano ESP 26
8 Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 27
9 Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP 28
10 Moya, Carlos ESP 29
11 Srichaphan, Paradorn THA 42
12 Nieminen, Jarkko FIN 54
13 Muller, Gilles LUX 59
14 Lee, Hyung-Taik KOR 63
15 Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 76
16 Arthurs, Wayne AUS 77
17 Kim, Kevin USA 78
18 Koubek, Stefan AUT 86
19 Burgsmuller, Lars GER 92
20 Wessels, Peter NED 93
21 Gimelstob, Justin USA 98
22 Schuettler, Rainer GER 104
23 Phau, Bjorn GER 105
24 (SE)
25 (SE)
26 (WC)
27 (WC)
28 (WC)
29 (Q)
30 (Q)
31 (Q)
32 (Q)

Alternates

1. Norman, Dick BEL 106
2. Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 108
3. Moodie, Wesley RSA 113
4. Bastl, George SUI 114
5. Waske, Alexander GER 115
6. Clement, Arnaud FRA 117
7. Falla, Alejandro COL 124
8. Ventura, Santiago ESP 125
9. Udomchoke, Danai THA 128
10. Vicente, Fernando ESP 129
11. Ryderstedt, Michael SWE 134
12. Lu, Yen-Hsun TPE 136
13. Brzezicki, Juan Pablo ARG 137
14. Karanusic, Roko CRO 138
15. Mertinak, Michal SVK 139

Aleksa's Laydee
08-13-2005, 08:49 PM
aawww im sorry :sad:

novanora
08-14-2005, 10:22 AM
aawww im sorry :sad:
:hug: :hug: :)

Aleksa's Laydee
08-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Stupid Jiri ;) :hug: You'l have fun anyway though im sure ;)

Lenka
08-14-2005, 04:09 PM
ohh, I'm so sorry Crystal! :hug:

novanora
08-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Stupid Jiri ;) :hug: You'l have fun anyway though im sure ;)
i will of course :lol: just feel pity Jiri can't come. i have been used to see the court with him :)

novanora
08-14-2005, 05:30 PM
ohh, I'm so sorry Crystal! :hug:
:hug: :)