Asian fans who has starsSport: do you know if they gonna show us open 05? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Asian fans who has starsSport: do you know if they gonna show us open 05?

Mimi
08-01-2005, 03:47 AM
coz its strange that when they showed the highlights for the sports in August, they did not show us open :confused: , i called the staff but he just told me that their schedule of programme is up to 27 August, he knows nothing about us open :mad:

drf716
08-01-2005, 04:19 AM
we'll just have to wait then

Mimi
08-01-2005, 04:26 AM
thanks drf716, but when i joined this new cable tv which has starsports, they showed big advertisement saying that they gonna show AO, wimby and us open, and thats why i cancelled my old cable tv, but if they do not show it, then its a cheat and i gona write to complain, very angry :mad: :mad:
we'll just have to wait then

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Hi,countryman Mimi! :bigwave:

My family have never purchased Cable TV but they purchased Now TV including SS and ESPN...and I am not sure about that either. :o They better not cheat on us. :armed:

Mimi
08-01-2005, 04:41 AM
hi countyrman RaDicrarlgirl :D

wow, you have you a very special name :D

i purchased cable tv before, but i cut them when knowing that they have no more ESPN and starsports which means no tennis but sadly cable tv still keeps FO which is my favourite :mad:

yeah, i am worried that NOW has cheated us :mad:
Hi,countryman Mimi! :bigwave:

My family have never purchased Cable TV but they purchased Now TV including SS and ESPN...and I am not sure about that either. :o They better not cheat us. :armed:

Doctor Dance
08-01-2005, 04:44 AM
I have star sports India and they are showing it live :woohoo:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-01-2005, 04:48 AM
hi countyrman RaDicrarlgirl :D

wow, you have you a very special name :D

I think so as well. :aplot:

i purchased cable tv before, but i cut them when knowing that they have no more ESPN and starsports which means no tennis but sadly cable tv still keeps FO which is my favourite :mad:

:bigcry: I like FO too, :rocker: and lots of my faves play well there but suck in Wimby. :o

TauRuZ
08-01-2005, 04:50 AM
I'm subscriber of local cable in Bangkok

Including Star Sport Southeast Asia (Bangkok/Jakarta)
No US Open live in August schedule

But local cable live it on their own sport channel.

Mimi
08-01-2005, 04:53 AM
hi doctor dance :D

how come you know it already :confused: , then its strange that they haev coverage life for india but no coverage for HK :mad: :mad:

Mimi
08-01-2005, 04:55 AM
then may be it shows in other channel :confused: , but i checked the espn channel, no show of us open :mad:
I'm subscriber of local cable in Bangkok

Including Star Sport Southeast Asia (Bangkok/Jakarta)
No US Open live in August schedule

But local cable live it on their own sport channel.

Mimi
08-01-2005, 05:01 AM
yes i prefer tohave FO than us open due to time difference, i can watch FO when i returned from work but us open, shows at midnight :mad:

but its better than nothing, so if no us open, i gonna :timebomb: :armed: :shout: this BAD NOW TV FOR cheating me :mad:
I think so as well. :aplot:

:bigcry: I like FO too, :rocker: and lots of my faves play well there but suck in Wimby. :o

yanchr
08-01-2005, 05:29 AM
mimi, StarSports won't show USOpen this time. But in HK, your cable tv sports channel will show it, the same channel as which showed FO :)

But I still don't know which channel for me or even none :sad: I'd much preper StarSports to show it coz they have the full and best coverage compared to my damn poor and disgusting local sports coverage :mad:

Mimi
08-01-2005, 05:37 AM
hey yanchr :wavey:

i did not have this cable tv sports channel, it belonged to another cable co (the one i paid for before i changed to NOW cable tv which said they show AO, wimby and us open :mad: :mad:

if so, they really cheat me :mad: :mad:

mimi, StarSports won't show USOpen this time. But in HK, your cable tv sports channel will show it, the same channel as which showed FO :)

But I still don't know which channel for me or even none :sad: I'd much preper StarSports to show it coz they have the full and best coverage compared to my damn poor and disgusting local sports coverage :mad:

megadeth
08-01-2005, 05:51 AM
they usually braodcast all slams except the french

yanchr
08-01-2005, 06:10 AM
hey yanchr :wavey:

i did not have this cable tv sports channel, it belonged to another cable co (the one i paid for before i changed to NOW cable tv which said they show AO, wimby and us open :mad: :mad:

if so, they really cheat me :mad: :mad:
So sad for you :( I think it's almost confirmed since a friend of mine in HK has already seen the advertisement for USOpen in this channel, and Exclusive. I hope you can find a way to watch USOpen anyway :wavey:

I hope I can too :(

kosi
08-01-2005, 06:32 AM

Hi Dude :wavey:

You are wrong. I'm also from india.
Ten Sports got the rights for the US open. :mad:
That means ESPN-Star Sports will not be covering this yr US open :sad:
I'm bit worried about Ten Sports. Their coverage sucked during the FO :(

Mimi
08-01-2005, 06:55 AM
thanks people :wavey:

confirmed: no us open in starsports, it gonna be shown by the old cable tv, what bad lucks of me coz last year, when i was with old cable tv, they did not show us open (coz the starsports channel was bought by NOW TV), so this year i changed to NOW TV wanting to watch us open, but they have fooled me, they changed back to old cable tv :mad: :mad:

can someone explain me, is is the fault of Starsport :wavey: , it paid too low that the us open tennis authority sells the broascasting to the other company :confused:

kosi
08-01-2005, 07:07 AM
thanks people :wavey:
can someone explain me, is is the fault of Starsport :wavey: , it paid too low that the us open tennis authority sells the broascasting to the other company :confused:

It may be due to the timing of the US open match which doesnt suit Asia. Star Sports might have not got sponsors for the US open due to the time(its not prime time in Asia). Also, i feel that, Ten Sports might have paid so much money to get the exclusive rights of the US open. I think Sania mirza's success made Ten Sports to buy the US open rights. :cool:

Mimi
08-01-2005, 07:11 AM
thanks kosi :D

then you are still more lucky than me, coz you can watch in free chanel :wavey:

guess starssports did not pay enough monies to broadcast us opens :mad:

then on second thoughts: how come the old cable tv has enough monies/sponsor to broascast this us open :confused:

and does this mean we will never see us open from this startsport :confused: :mad: , if so, may be i need to shift from NOW TV to old cable tv which is moer expensiev again :mad:

It may be due to the timing of the US open match which doesnt suit Asia. Star Sports might have not got sponsors for the US open due to the time(its not prime time in Asia). Also, i feel that, Ten Sports might have paid so much money to get the exclusive rights of the US open. I think Sania mirza's success made Ten Sports to buy the US open rights. :cool:

kosi
08-01-2005, 07:17 AM

then you are still more lucky than me, coz you can watch in free chanel :wavey:

Its not a free channel. But as of now, i'm getting it in my cable. Dont know when they are going to cut the Ten Sports. If there is cricket during the US oepn, then it wont be a problem. Because, there are so many cricket fans who will make the cable operator to buy the Ten Sports at any cost. ;)

kosi
08-01-2005, 07:20 AM

and does this mean we will never see us open from this startsport :confused: :mad: , if so, may be i need to shift from NOW TV to old cable tv which is moer expensiev again :mad:

Which country are you from???

Mimi
08-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Hong Kong, the People's Republic of China :)
Which country are you from???

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Fuck cheating Stars Sports!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-002.gif

kosi
08-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Hong Kong, the People's Republic of China :)
oh.. good :wavey:

The best thing for you is buy both the cables(old and NOW) if it is not costly. Thats what i did last yr. In one cable, there was no sports and i bought another one which had Start sports. So, i had both cables. But the worst thing happened was during the US open both cables didnt get the Star Sports signal. Now i have the DTH tv to over come all cable problem. So far, i didnt miss any sports action this yr. :)

Mimi
08-01-2005, 07:37 AM
yeah, i know its not NOW's fault, but i gonna write to complain, no us open to watch for 2 years :mad:
Fuck cheating Stars Sports!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-002.gif

Mimi
08-01-2005, 07:39 AM
thanks for your suggestion, but i won't buy both coz its costly, and most importanlty, i only love to watch tennis :wavey:

i am thinking given my bad lucks, may be when i changed back to my old cable tv, next year i also have no us open to watch coz may be the broadcast shifts to my new cable tv again!! :p :mad: :mad:
oh.. good :wavey:

The best thing for you is buy both the cables(old and NOW) if it is not costly. Thats what i did last yr. In one cable, there was no sports and i bought another one which had Start sports. So, i had both cables. But the worst thing happened was during the US open both cables didnt get the Star Sports signal. Now i have the DTH tv to over come all cable problem. So far, i didnt miss any sports action this yr. :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-01-2005, 07:48 AM
yeah, i know its not NOW's fault, but i gonna write to complain, no us open to watch for 2 years :mad:

What?2 years without us open? :fiery: Oh my god where can I see? :shout: My family won't buy every pay TV,we guys are not so rich to afford everything! :armed:

Mimi
08-01-2005, 08:07 AM
:confused: hey then you did watch us open last year right :confused:, you already got NOW at that time, then you are more lucky than me :mad:

yes the same with you, i cannot afford two paid tv, whats more, i don't have so many time to watch so many channels, i only need tennis TENNIS :devil: :devil:

What?2 years without us open? :fiery: Oh my god where can I see? :shout: My family won't buy every pay TV,we guys are not so rich to afford everything! :armed:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-01-2005, 08:19 AM
:confused: hey then you did watch us open last year right :confused:, you already got NOW at that time, then you are more lucky than me :mad:

yes the same with you, i cannot afford two paid tv, whats more, i don't have so many time to watch so many channels, i only need tennis TENNIS :devil: :devil:

Yes but only watched one year because we have never bought Cable TV. :bigcry::armed: We have to download those matches now. :o

Ya,and they should establish the only tennis channel but I am 1000% sure they won't. :rolleyes:

peteslamz
08-01-2005, 08:22 AM
I thought they're going to show the last slam this year because they do every year. i hope they will be able to telecast this year's Tennis Masters Cup or else...

But at least we have supersports which also airs US open but I still prefer the broadcast of Star Sports. :(

Mimi
08-01-2005, 08:27 AM
then you are moer lucky than me coz at least you have watched once this us open :wavey:

how to download the matches , sorry i am computer dummy :confused:
Yes but only watched one year because we have never bought Cable TV. :bigcry::armed: We have to download those matches now. :o

Ya,and they should establish the only tennis channel but I am 1000% sure they won't. :rolleyes:

Mimi
08-01-2005, 08:29 AM
they do every year :confused: , then they are bad not to do this this year :mad:

i remember they did not show this tennismasters cup last year :confused:

then you are more lucky coz you can still watch us open :wavey:
I thought they're going to show the last slam this year because they do every year. i hope they will be able to telecast this year's Tennis Masters Cup or else...

But at least we have supersports which also airs US open but I still prefer the broadcast of Star Sports. :(

yomike
08-01-2005, 08:41 AM
they always show the us open in starsports but i still dont see the reason for cutting the french open off.

Mimi
08-01-2005, 08:45 AM
may be they gonna cut the AO and wimby as well, this bad starsports :mad: :mad:
they always show the us open in starsports but i still dont see the reason for cutting the french open off.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-01-2005, 08:48 AM
then you are moer lucky than me coz at least you have watched once this us open :wavey:

how to download the matches , sorry i am computer dummy :confused:

Tennis Matches Torrents
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=14156&page=1&pp=15

Mimi
08-01-2005, 08:53 AM
thanks a lot for the link, but i prefer to watch at tv :p
Tennis Matches Torrents
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=14156&page=1&pp=15

kosi
08-01-2005, 09:28 AM

There is no reason for star sports to cut AO and Wimb. Becuase, those timings are suits Asian time.

French : Usually, in FO, no big players were playing. I mean no popular player, IMO (players like sampras). Thats why Star Sports were not interested in FO. i guess ;)

Mimi
08-01-2005, 09:33 AM
they should not cheat us tennis fans, if last year, they have us open, this year they also have to show :mad:

GIVE ME BACK MY MONIES, BAD STARSPORTS :mad: :mad:

timofy
08-01-2005, 10:08 AM
in Hong Kong, starsport owns AO WIM
Cable TV owns French and US OPEN

Mimi
08-01-2005, 10:16 AM
no they showed us open in starsports last year :wavey:

in Hong Kong, starsport owns AO WIM
Cable TV owns French and US OPEN

PennyThePenguin
08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
right, so if StarSports SEA isn't showing USO, fat chance local tv will. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: and the #@)*!)(@#*! actually dared to raise prices for cable because the soccer people wanted MORE MONEY!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..... bah!

PennyThePenguin
08-01-2005, 12:01 PM
anyone knows if super sports will show the USO? because i remeber there was one year supersports did the FO instead of star sports.

BAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

silverwhite
08-01-2005, 01:35 PM
anyone knows if super sports will show the USO? because i remeber there was one year supersports did the FO instead of star sports.

BAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes. It's confirmed. SuperSports will save us from StarSports come USO. :worship:

novanora
08-01-2005, 01:51 PM
they should not cheat us tennis fans, if last year, they have us open, this year they also have to show :mad:

GIVE ME BACK MY MONIES, BAD STARSPORTS :mad: :mad:
hey, mimi!! i did hear some one told me Star sport won't show US Open this year, I thought it's rumor, and won't take it too serious, coz just like you, I saw the advertisement of starsport at beginning of this year, and they said they would show AO, Wimbly and USO :mad::mad::mad: so now it confirmed they won't show anything at USO period?????? :fiery:

jeanie_sin
08-01-2005, 02:25 PM
thank god starsports is not showing USO :D

no vijay and no sania mania!!!!!! :worship:

yanchr
08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
hey, mimi!! i did hear some one told me Star sport won't show US Open this year, I thought it's rumor, and won't take it too serious, coz just like you, I saw the advertisement of starsport at beginning of this year, and they said they would show AO, Wimbly and USO :mad::mad::mad: so now it confirmed they won't show anything at USO period?????? :fiery:
It's confirmed they won't show anything for USOpen :o BUT I just heard that Sportsplus will show it like how they did in FO :D And that means we won't have to endure endless coverage of Asian players :banana: So we just should make sure the satellite works well during USOpen. God bless us...

:hug::kiss:

maqk
08-01-2005, 02:32 PM

:haha::haha::haha::haha: u r ABSOLUTELY RIGHT :haha::haha::haha:
ha ahaa hahah hohohohohooo - man u r really absolutely RIGHTO

yanchr
08-01-2005, 02:43 PM

Ya :bounce::bounce::worship::worship: As long as the coverage is about as the same long and complete...

:wavey:

novanora
08-01-2005, 02:57 PM
It's confirmed they won't show anything for USOpen :o BUT I just heard that Sportsplus will show it like how they did in FO :D And that means we won't have to endure endless coverage of Asian players :banana: So we just should make sure the satellite works well during USOpen. God bless us...

:hug::kiss:
hey, you mean the Sportsplus will show it?????? wow!! that's great!!! :bounce: i really like the way how they show RG, I can watch more players, not only those hot popular ones ;) though some ones don't like this showing way.

novanora
08-01-2005, 03:00 PM

:rolls: poor vijay and sania.....I quite like Sania only if Starsports won't crazy into such kinda of mania.

kosi
08-01-2005, 03:24 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha: u r ABSOLUTELY RIGHT :haha::haha::haha:
ha ahaa hahah hohohohohooo - man u r really absolutely RIGHTO

It seems you are from pakistan. :wavey:
FYI, Ten Sports bought the US open rights only because of Sania ;) .
BTW, Ten Sports has more Sania mania than Star Sports. :rolleyes:
Of course, i'm not a fan of Ten Sports. Their coverage of FO sucked. Hope, this time, there wont be any pakistan cricket match in Ten Sports ;)

yanchr
08-01-2005, 03:40 PM
hey, you mean the Sportsplus will show it?????? wow!! that's great!!! :bounce: i really like the way how they show RG, I can watch more players, not only those hot popular ones ;) though some ones don't like this showing way.
Not sure about the way they will cover it coz the FO signals were sent by the French and we don't know what signals will the American send this time. But I really doubt we will get the coverage like we did in FO. Same as FO, I mean the coverage will be long and complete, and above all LIVE :banana: Anyway, we can watch it--That rocks :bounce::bounce:

Mimi
08-02-2005, 03:32 AM
hi penny :D

hey, then you are more lucky than me, coz you have this supersports :wavey: , i have no chance to watch coz i don't have this old cable tv any more, its too expensive to pay both :mad:

BAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Mimi
08-02-2005, 03:35 AM
HI novanora :D

yes i read the advertisment on our local newsapper which said that star sport will have AO, wimby and USO, thats why i cancelled my old cable tv and joined this NOW TV which has star sport channel :mad:

now they are cheating us, this stars sport, do you know where i can write to complain :confused: , i am angry :mad: :mad:

Mimi
08-02-2005, 03:39 AM
hey, what is this sportsplus channel :confused: , we dno't have it in HK :mad: :mad:

novanora
08-02-2005, 06:42 AM
HI novanora :D

yes i read the advertisment on our local newsapper which said that star sport will have AO, wimby and USO, thats why i cancelled my old cable tv and joined this NOW TV which has star sport channel :mad:

now they are cheating us, this stars sport, do you know where i can write to complain :confused: , i am angry :mad: :mad:
Hi Mimi :hug:

That's true!! :mad: not only on newspaper, also on all the tennis magacines here, and TV, even on the bus :fiery: now they cancelled it.

I think our Starsports should be different. Yours is Starsport Hongkong or 卫视体育. Mine is Starsports Southeast Asia. Don't know how to complain it :shrug:, and I think even people write letters or emails to complain, nothing will be changed.

novanora
08-02-2005, 06:45 AM
hey, what is this sportsplus channel :confused: , we dno't have it in HK :mad: :mad:
It's another sports channel of the satellite TV here, sometime they do broadcast some tennis, mostly WTA. But they broadcast RG this year while I was worrying about Starsports has no broadcast of RG, and it did save me. I don't think Hongkong cable TV will have this channel, unless someone also install the satellite TV.

Mimi
08-02-2005, 07:26 AM
yes mine is 衛視體育台 :wavey:

hey, the broadcasting in mainland china is much better, you have so many channels, a lot more than HK :wavey: :)

my uncle who lives in 中山 also watches tennis sometimes, he said many of them are free, he can watch AO05? :wavey:

yes we don't have sportsplus channel :mad: one of the 62 體育台 of 有線電視香港 is going to show this us open, coz i bought the tv programme magazine yesterday, its the same channel which showed FO this year :)

That's true!! :mad: not only on newspaper, also on all the tennis magacines here, and TV, even on the bus :fiery: now they cancelled it.

I think our Starsports should be different. Yours is Starsport Hongkong or 卫视体育. Mine is Starsports Southeast Asia. Don't know how to complain it :shrug:, and I think even people write letters or emails to complain, nothing will be changed.

novanora
08-02-2005, 08:21 AM
yes mine is 衛視體育台 :wavey:

hey, the broadcasting in mainland china is much better, you have so many channels, a lot more than HK :wavey: :)

my uncle who lives in 中山 also watches tennis sometimes, he said many of them are free, he can watch AO05? :wavey:

yes we don't have sportsplus channel :mad: one of the 62 體育台 of 有線電視香港 is going to show this us open, coz i bought the tv programme magazine yesterday, its the same channel which showed FO this year :)
Broadcasting here is terrible :o yes, some sports channels will broadcast 4 GS, but they don't broadcast the full-day matches. I mean if the matches are in the late mid-night sleeping time, they won't broadcast anything :( And if you don't install satellite TV which is paid, then you can't watch Sportsplus, that means you can only watch very few matches (only 1-2 i think, coz most USO matches are in the sleeping time to us) of US Open per day by the local Sports channel. Besides, the commentators are terrible :haha: So we always envy Hongkong have 卫视体育, 许乃人 is :yeah:

:bigwave:

Mimi
08-02-2005, 10:06 AM
i see, but the commentators in HK sometimes is bad too, there is a woman, who always said ony this thing when nadal is playing "西班牙18歲小將拿度" ......... always 18 歲, always said strangely: "他將通過自已發球局取勝", what is this :confused: :confused:

for free broadcasting of tennis, we only have wimby, and there are only semi+final :mad:

Broadcasting here is terrible :o yes, some sports channels will broadcast 4 GS, but they don't broadcast the full-day matches. I mean if the matches are in the late mid-night sleeping time, they won't broadcast anything :( And if you don't install satellite TV which is paid, then you can't watch Sportsplus, that means you can only watch very few matches (only 1-2 i think, coz most USO matches are in the sleeping time to us) of US Open per day by the local Sports channel. Besides, the commentators are terrible :haha: So we always envy Hongkong have 卫视体育, 许乃人 is :yeah:

:bigwave:

novanora
08-02-2005, 11:19 AM
i see, but the commentators in HK sometimes is bad too, there is a woman, who always said ony this thing when nadal is playing "西班牙18歲小將拿度" ......... always 18 歲, always said strangely: "他將通過自已發球局取勝", what is this :confused: :confused:
:haha: @ "他將通過自已發球局取勝"..... who is this woman? a Hongkong local tennis commentator? does she watch Rafa's matches when comentating? :rolls:
I still think Starsports commentators are much much better than our local ones. Don't want to scare you away, but some one even said "罗迪特" & “休一克” :rolleyes: really sucks....

for free broadcasting of tennis, we only have wimby, and there are only semi+final :mad:
this is really poor......:eek: cheer up, mimi :hug:

PennyThePenguin
08-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Yes. It's confirmed. SuperSports will save us from StarSports come USO. :worship:

:woohoo: :woohoo: i've always like super sports better :p

PennyThePenguin
08-02-2005, 11:58 AM

pssst...star sports SEA office in singapore ;) 我可以帮你去把他们的招牌拆下来。

yomike
08-02-2005, 01:21 PM
There is no reason for star sports to cut AO and Wimb. Becuase, those timings are suits Asian time.

French : Usually, in FO, no big players were playing. I mean no popular player, IMO (players like sampras). Thats why Star Sports were not interested in FO. i guess ;)

First of all Sampras is retired and you probably didnt see him playing in 13 or so FO since he had early loses in the tournament. Buang KA!

kosi
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
First of all Sampras is retired and you probably didnt see him playing in 13 or so FO since he had early loses in the tournament. Buang KA!

What i meant was, all those big players didnt do well in FO. That may be the reason why star sports was not interested.

Mimi
08-03-2005, 03:47 AM
hi novarnoa :D

oh i forgot the name of that woman commentator :confused: , but she commented a lot duiring the clay court season, i really cannot stand this 通過發球, what is 通過 :confused:

"罗迪特" & “休一克 :mad: :p :eek: , then better to turn off the sound, just watch the tennis :devil: ,

i remember they showed FO and us open from semi to final a few years ago, but now, only showed wimby :mad:

thanks, i feel better now :wavey:

:haha: @ "他將通過自已發球局取勝"..... who is this woman? a Hongkong local tennis commentator? does she watch Rafa's matches when comentating? :rolls:
I still think Starsports commentators are much much better than our local ones. Don't want to scare you away, but some one even said "罗迪特" & “休一克” :rolleyes: really sucks....

this is really poor......:eek: cheer up, mimi :hug:

novanora
08-03-2005, 06:09 AM
hi novarnoa :D

oh i forgot the name of that woman commentator :confused: , but she commented a lot duiring the clay court season, i really cannot stand this 通過發球, what is 通過 :confused:

"罗迪特" & “休一克 :mad: :p :eek: , then better to turn off the sound, just watch the tennis :devil: ,

i remember they showed FO and us open from semi to final a few years ago, but now, only showed wimby :mad:

thanks, i feel better now :wavey:
通过发球 means "by serving or relying on serving", eg. 通过发球赢得比赛 means “win the match by serving or relying on serving”, seems like this.

ataptc
08-03-2005, 06:25 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: i've always like super sports better :p
me too :D enough about vijay and sania! I got sick of him praising her almost every day during wimbly till she lost! :o

Mimi
08-03-2005, 07:23 AM
thanks novanora, i understand, but what i meant was that her chinese is really bad even she is chinese :mad:

this 通過發球 is not phrasing well :wavey: , she should said "他跟著保到自已發球局就可勝出比賽" :devil:
通过发球 means "by serving or relying on serving", eg. 通过发球赢得比赛 means “win the match by serving or relying on serving”, seems like this.

Mimi
08-03-2005, 07:24 AM
oh little Evelyn is lucky, you can watch us open :wavey:
me too :D enough about vijay and sania! I got sick of him praising her almost every day during wimbly till she lost! :o

ataptc
08-03-2005, 07:37 AM
:lol: when I read the first few posts, I was worried I wouldnt be able to catch it, but now I'm relieved supersports is gonna show it *phrew* sorry to hear about your plight, mimi :hug: :hug:

Mimi
08-03-2005, 07:40 AM
your cable tv is good, you got so many channels :wavey:

if lindsay+Andy get to the final, then my mum will be very angry for not been able to watch coz she supports these two, hehe ;)
:lol: when I read the first few posts, I was worried I wouldnt be able to catch it, but now I'm relieved supersports is gonna show it *phrew* sorry to hear about your plight, mimi :hug: :hug:

PennyThePenguin
08-03-2005, 02:57 PM

sorry you won't get to watch it mimi :hug:

eve>>> i like sania...but ad nauseum is kinda annoying

novanora
08-03-2005, 03:46 PM
thanks novanora, i understand, but what i meant was that her chinese is really bad even she is chinese :mad:

this 通過發球 is not phrasing well :wavey: , she should said "他跟著保到自已發球局就可勝出比賽" :devil:
Got the sense!!! :devil: I had thought what she mean is Rafa has very good serving, and can even win the match by his serving :devil: :devil:, that's why i was doubting if she watched the match or not when doing the commentating job. Did she say it in Cantonese or in Mandarin?

novanora
08-03-2005, 03:51 PM
sorry you won't get to watch it mimi :hug:

eve>>> i like sania...but ad nauseum is kinda annoying
yes...Jiat, I feel sad that more and more tennis fans here began to be against Sania just because this Sania mania :sad:. I know Starsports wants to popularize Asian players, but sometimes it did too excessive. They really don't need to emphasize her so much, coz many people do like Sania by watching her tennis.

ataptc
08-03-2005, 04:19 PM
yes...Jiat, I feel sad that more and more tennis fans here began to be against Sania just because this Sania mania :sad:. I know Starsports wants to popularize Asian players, but sometimes it did too excessive. They really don't need to emphasize her so much, coz many people do like Sania by watching her tennis.
exactly!

ataptc
08-03-2005, 04:20 PM
if lindsay+Andy get to the final, then my mum will be very angry for not been able to watch coz she supports these two, hehe ;)
Me too.. It would be awesome of both of them can get to the final, and win! Especially Lindsay since she's gonna retire soon :(

yanchr
08-03-2005, 05:21 PM

:haha: I think she meant Nadal can Serve it out / Serve for the match. Poor poor...But I guess you can't blame her, coz you have to use 16 Chinese characters to explain 3 English words, SERVE IT OUT :lol: ;) Is she 徐美燕?

yanchr
08-03-2005, 05:25 PM
So true! I actually love this girl. She is very pretty. She plays beautiful tennis. But 物极必反. Just like Paradorn at a moment.

zhangxin219
08-03-2005, 05:28 PM
HaHa,you're talking about Xu Meiyan?I think she is pretty lovely.Star Sports' tennis commentators are much better than those of CCTV-5.

Mimi
08-04-2005, 03:27 AM
she say in Cantonese :wavey:

no she did not mean rafa has very good serving, she just wanted to say "Rafa will be serving for the match" but always 通過 :confused:
Got the sense!!! :devil: I had thought what she mean is Rafa has very good serving, and can even win the match by his serving :devil: :devil:, that's why i was doubting if she watched the match or not when doing the commentating job. Did she say it in Cantonese or in Mandarin?

Mimi
08-04-2005, 03:32 AM
hi yanchr :D

hey she can simply said in English, 拿度現在 serving for the match, many chiense understand enlgish :p

oh yes, seems her name is 徐美燕, i think she does not know too much about tennis skills, just like mimi, coz she always say the same thing for a good shot "好美" ;) but whether the shot is a forehand, top spin, low spin, volley, she did not mention :devil:

:haha: I think she meant Nadal can Serve it out / Serve for the match. Poor poor...But I guess you can't blame her, coz you have to use 16 Chinese characters to explain 3 English words, SERVE IT OUT :lol: ;) Is she 徐美燕?

Mimi
08-04-2005, 03:34 AM
hi zhangxin219, i have to disagree, i cannot stand Xu Meiyan :mad:
HaHa,you're talking about Xu Meiyan?I think she is pretty lovely.Star Sports' tennis commentators are much better than those of CCTV-5.

yanchr
08-04-2005, 05:09 AM
hi yanchr :D

hey she can simply said in English, 拿度現在 serving for the match, many chiense understand enlgish :p

oh yes, seems her name is 徐美燕, i think she does not know too much about tennis skills, just like mimi, coz she always say the same thing for a good shot "好美" ;) but whether the shot is a forehand, top spin, low spin, volley, she did not mention :devil:
Hi mimi :hug:

It's said the she was a badminton player before so is not very professional about tennis. She is actually much better than the commentators with CCTV. You can imagine what we have to suffer when watching tennis on CCTV :rolleyes: But ya, she should at least more professional than you and me to be a commentator ;) :devil:

Mimi
08-04-2005, 05:21 AM
oh my god, she is better than those commentators with CCTV :eek: , then poor yanchr :wavey:

i guess starsports is a miser and offers small sums of monies, so no good commentators, may be they gonna ask an ex-swimmer to comment on tennis later :p :devil:
Hi mimi :hug:

It's said the she was a badminton player before so is not very professional about tennis. She is actually much better than the commentators with CCTV. You can imagine what we have to suffer when watching tennis on CCTV :rolleyes: But ya, she should at least more professional than you and me to be a commentator ;) :devil:

zhangxin219
08-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Well mimi.I've only heard Xu's commentrary in Mandarin. She's got pretty strange pronunciation of that:)

Noelle
08-19-2005, 02:06 PM
SportsPlus (http://www.solar-entertainment.com/PLUS/sked.html) TV coverage of US Open (Aug 29-31)

Aug. 29
23:00 Day 1 1st Rd Live (1hr)

Aug. 30
00:00 Day 1 1st Rd Live (2hr)
07:00 Day 2 1st Rd Live (2hr)
23:00 Day 2 1st Rd Live (1hr)

Aug. 31
00:00 Day 2 1st Rd Live (2hr)
07:00 Day 3 1st Rd Live (2hr)
23:00 Day 3 1st Rd Live (1hr)

Times are GMT+8.