*Roger Federer cheering thread - good luck in your home country!* [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

*Roger Federer cheering thread - good luck in your home country!*

Raquel
07-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Good Luck Roger :bounce:

Have fun all the Roger fans from the board who are going to this tournament :bounce:

Mrs. B
07-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Thanks, Raquel. ;)

You'll get a little report from me...with pics! :D

Mrs. B
07-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Doris & I made it to Gstaad yesterday and we had a fabulous time. We were there during the homage for him by the organizers where he got a cow as a present! It was really sweet & cute, very Swiss. :)

We also saw Corretja's match, parts of it, Kratochvil's (Doris stayed throughout the 3 sets while i cruised around and took some pics.) Also saw Burgsmuller & Krajan's match at the other court briefly. of course the highlight of our day was watching Roger's match, he was tired and did some sloppy shots, but he won it, nevertheless in 3 sets.

We also managed to get autographs but had to wait and queue with a lot of kids. I also gave him an envelope with messages from the other Roger fans here and he smiled and said, "Say hi to them for me". He was really nice about the whole thing, and signing those hats & shirts & programs for all those kids, he was cool & patient. That's our Roger. :angel:

Doris & I left Gstaad tired from all the sun, but very happy. :D

*why can't i attach my pics here?*

Doris Loeffel
07-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Keep it up Roger - gee you scared us there for a sec!! But you made it and it was for sure a great day. Roger's match was the best as there was variety in the game as at the other matches you mainly saw basline rallies. And guess what Roger had to play longer rallies too ;)

The icing on the cake was when even I got my magazine signed ;) Sometimes even adult girls tourn out to feel like teenies again ;) hehe he for sure had a smile on his face when Mrs. B. handed him the envelope ;) and I can confirm he really said "oh yes say hello to them" ;)

Thanks my boss that you allowed me to take that day off ;)

Mrs. B
07-09-2003, 05:24 PM
...and from now on Doris' boss will let her off work during Federer's matches. It's a Swiss thing! ;)

some pics from yesterday:

http://photos.yahoo.com/el7bern

Raquel
07-09-2003, 06:31 PM
:wavey: Mrs B and Doris!

Sounds like you had a great time and thank you for the pictures! :)
Juliette was so cute and so was Roger. I am glad he won while you were there although I bet you were scared for a while :p

Jorge
07-10-2003, 09:58 AM
two beautiful ladies cheering for Roger on the crowd. what else could desire Mr Federer? :) lucky boy

Doris Loeffel
07-10-2003, 10:20 AM
actually in his post match interview he complained that the public got silent when he wasn't playing that good anymore. Which I have to addmit was true. But we were all on the eges on our seats unable to move or yeal when he missed those two mps in second set!! He even said he heard more Vamos Lopez which is unfortunately true as well as just behind me there was an international kids camp and they desided to cheer for Lopez - as they were spanish it wasn't a big surprise. And gee got they vocal lol and we well sittet swiss ppl got shocked lol But he for sure got his fare share as well as there was a school clas on top of the seats who were chanting along new learned Federer songs I believe "Steht auf wen Ihr Roger wollt, steht auf wenn Ihr Roger wollt...)" stand up when you want Roger o.k. that was when the ceremony was on ;)

But he got a standing ovation again when he finally won the match. As most of us (exept the spanish kids maybe) were soooooooo glad he came true. Already told Mrs. B. she has to shout more today lol

Alllleezzzzz Roger!!!

Mrs. B
07-10-2003, 08:47 PM
I didn't have to shout out loud today, he was giving that little French guy a tennis lesson for an hour! :)

I had a great day today, and i got sunburnt another time. We ate really good food upstairs, all compliments from Allianz. ;)

Mirka was also there to watch his match today.

Too bad for Michel though. Stepanek was definitely the better player.

But hey, i "interviewed" David Sanchez! He was there upstairs after he won over Alex and the emcee interviewed him and asked the audience if we had questions. He was just in front of our table so i asked a few, like, who his close friends on the tour were, and he said, Juanqui because they both come from the same area near Madrid and that they are both big supporters of Real so him and Juanqui watch their matches together. he was really nice and friendly. Sympathisch...

I asked what his best match so far was and he said it was when he beat Carlos Moya in Paris, as well as Magnus Norman.

I also asked if he's tried Rösti, Fondue & Raclette. He only had Rösti. lol

:D

Doris Loeffel
07-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Hi Mrs. B.
Glad you enjoyed your day. Hey I could see you as a journalist ;)

Isn't it almost scarey how Roger plays these days??