Reports from Legg Mason [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Reports from Legg Mason

SwissMister1
07-31-2005, 05:34 PM
I have a report up in my blog from yesterday. I also took some pictures which I hope to post. I took some videos of a bunch of the players hitting in practice, some match play, etc. I would like to post those as well, although that might take a little longer, and I don't know how they will look, since I took them with my digital camera. But it was a lot of fun, and I hope to be back later in the week.

Deboogle!.
07-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Cool, thanks :cool: have fun!

ae wowww
07-31-2005, 07:08 PM
The blond top-knot guy has to be Jean-Michel Pequery :D Legend!!

cobalt60
07-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks fun report! Have a good time next time you go.

SwissMister1
07-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Trying to figure out who was that guy was driving me crazy! I looked for pictures of Pequery online and found one, where he has shorter hair from last year, but he looks about the same otherwise. That does make sense, although I'm not sure why he would be there if he wasn't in the singles, qualifying, or doubles draws. :confused: I'll put a pic of him up with my other pics sometime this week.

NicoFan
07-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks SwissMister for the report.

I'm going on Wednesday to see Nico...I'm going to try and get there early so I can watch practice before the matches start at 4:00.

I'll be taking pictures too - hope they come out okay so I can post them.

Very psyched about going - from what I've heard, sounds like a good tournament.

ae wowww
07-31-2005, 07:34 PM
Maybe he signed in as an alternate or something... He is a frenchie, playing with those guys :D He uses technifibre rackets btw... Very powerful, doesn't seem to have much control haha...

He always has his hair like that nowadays, didn't used to though...

SwissMister1
07-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks SwissMister for the report.

I'm going on Wednesday to see Nico...I'm going to try and get there early so I can watch practice before the matches start at 4:00.

I'll be taking pictures too - hope they come out okay so I can post them.

Very psyched about going - from what I've heard, sounds like a good tournament.

You'll definitely enjoy it. You should definitely be able to see a lot of players, including Nicolas, at the practice courts.

Where are you coming from to see the tournament?

Maybe he signed in as an alternate or something... He is a frenchie, playing with those guys He uses technifibre rackets btw... Very powerful, doesn't seem to have much control haha...

He always has his hair like that nowadays, didn't used to though...

Yeah, I saw him hit and that sounds about right. The funny thing was is he could have easily gotten through qualies, as there were guys ranked as low as 1468 in the draw. Maybe the French guys are paying his way to be there as a hitting partner or something...

NicoFan
07-31-2005, 08:36 PM
You'll definitely enjoy it. You should definitely be able to see a lot of players, including Nicolas, at the practice courts.

Where are you coming from to see the tournament?

Despite my Chilean flag (for Nico) ;) , I'm an American - I live in NYC.

How about you - where are you coming in from or are you from the DC area?

This tournament I'm more interested in seeing Nico. I'm going to Cincy in a couple of weeks, then Pilot Pen, and of course the US Open for the first week. I'll see my other favorite players then along with Nico, but I haven't seen Nico since last US Open so I'm making the trip to DC just to see him. Plus I mainly like the latinos who are sadly not well represented in this tournament. :sad: They're all still in Europe. I'm surprised Nico's here - but happy he is!

NicoFan
07-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Well, thought I was going on Wednesday - assumed that's when there would be the 2nd round matches.

But the Chilean online paper has that Nico will play Tuesday or Wednesday.

Doesn't make sense. Muller is playing the final in LA - they can't possibly expect him to play his first round match on Monday.

What a pain - good thing I didn't buy the tickets yet.

SwissMister1
07-31-2005, 08:51 PM
I live in Crofton, Maryland which is probably about 45 minutes from there. But I work only a few minutes from the tournament site, so it will be easy to get there during the week.

I remember seeing Nicolas and Gonzo playing doubles at the US Open, the whole court was packed with Chilean fans to see them, it was a pretty wild atmosphere.

NicoFan
07-31-2005, 09:02 PM
I live in Crofton, Maryland which is probably about 45 minutes from there. But I work only a few minutes from the tournament site, so it will be easy to get there during the week.

I remember seeing Nicolas and Gonzo playing doubles at the US Open, the whole court was packed with Chilean fans to see them, it was a pretty wild atmosphere.

Lucky you...you're right there.

It is wild...lol! The Chilean fans are really nice...I got to know a few of them last year, and they are very dedicated fans. And fun doing the CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE cheer with them. ;)

smucav
07-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Well, thought I was going on Wednesday - assumed that's when there would be the 2nd round matches.
But the Chilean online paper has that Nico will play Tuesday or Wednesday.
Doesn't make sense. Muller is playing the final in LA - they can't possibly expect him to play his first round match on Monday.
What a pain - good thing I didn't buy the tickets yet.2nd round matches are Tuesday & Wednesday.

Massu was only arriving today so he'll probably want to play as late as possible.

The only thing I heard about the schedule when I there today is that they wanted Phillippoussis to play on Monday, but Horna called from Peru this morning to request a later start.

There were a lot of Chilean fans in Washington the year that Gonzo was in the final v. Henman. (Almost as many as the Srichaphans, who are one of the largest cheering groups every year.)

NicoFan
07-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Yeah, Nico isn't even there yet or is just arriving in DC. He'll need a couple days to get used to the courts.

We'll find out tonight when the OOP for Monday comes out. If Muller isn't on there, obviously, he and Davide are playing 1st round on Tuesday, and then Nico and I will assume Muller will win will be on Wednesday. Still can't imagine they would have Muller play tomorrow when he's still in LA today. Doesn't seem fair.

Poor Luis...what's his still doing in Peru? Did he miss his plane? lol!

smucav
07-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah, Nico isn't even there yet or is just arriving in DC. He'll need a couple days to get used to the courts.He was arriving this afternoon (I overheard when I was at the transportation trailer checking on the status of the cars).Still can't imagine they would have Muller play tomorrow when he's still in LA today. Doesn't seem fair.Muller definitely won't play Monday. He probably wouldn't even play if the two tournaments were closer together.Poor Luis...what's his still doing in Peru? Did he miss his plane? lol!I don't know. Logistically he could have left Peru today & still get to Washington tonight, but probably still wouldn't want to play Monday even if that's the case.

FYI: I also am posting reports this week:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=47554

NicoFan
07-31-2005, 10:20 PM
He was arriving this afternoon (I overheard when I was at the transportation trailer checking on the status of the cars).

Thanks for the info - glad to know that Nico's finally in the US. I live in the wrong country being a Nico fan - he plays here very little, and he's rarely on TV unless he plays on American. August is about the only time that I see him. :sad:

s.m.
07-31-2005, 11:03 PM
The only thing I heard about the schedule when I there today is that they wanted Phillippoussis to play on Monday, but Horna called from Peru this morning to request a later start......Logistically he could have left Peru today & still get to Washington tonight, but probably still wouldn't want to play Monday even if that's the case.

horna is not in peru, unless he is a magician

horna played on friday in german bundesliga ( for Rochusclub Düsseldorf ) on clay, and did so today also ;)

http://www.tennisbundesliga.de/seiten/bundesliga1/spieltage05/b1spieltag2.htm

http://www.tennisbundesliga.de/seiten/bundesliga1/spieltage05/b1spieltag3.htm

making little money on the side i guess :confused:

jole
07-31-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the reports.

I also hope that some way, somehow, the stars align some magical evening and you are able to see Tim Ryan. I wish you luck on your journey.

Hangdog
08-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks for report, SwissMister1! Lookling forward to your pictures ;) Have a lot of fun in the tournament! Good luck.

Chloe le Bopper
08-01-2005, 05:21 AM
We ate on some bleachers while watching Nicolas Mahut practice. He was wearing the Pirate pants, good thing that guy wasn't around again to confuse him with Nadal.

GAH! GAH! That can not have looked good, he's too lanky for those. Tell him to stop it. I'm getting poor visuals!

SwissMister1
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
GAH! GAH! That can not have looked good, he's too lanky for those. Tell him to stop it. I'm getting poor visuals!

I forgot to mention he was also wearing a sleeveless shirt :lol: But actually, he didn't look too lanky in his outfit. Probably the guy that stood out the most in terms of being muscular was Kiwi, and the guy who looked the most lanky was Popp. I'd say Mahut fell somewhere in the middle.

I would love to meet up with good ol Timmy Ryan, the greatest tennis mind this game has ever known.

Probably not the best scheduling decisions by Louie Horna. That being said, Flip didn't even practice on Sat. as far as I know, so who knows what kind of condition he is in.

Chloe le Bopper
08-02-2005, 06:44 AM
I forgot to mention he was also wearing a sleeveless shirt :lol: But actually, he didn't look too lanky in his outfit. Probably the guy that stood out the most in terms of being muscular was Kiwi, and the guy who looked the most lanky was Popp. I'd say Mahut fell somewhere in the middle.

Well he looks lanky in photos, I'm surprised that it didn't look bad ;)

Did you take any pictures? :p

SwissMister1
08-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Well he looks lanky in photos, I'm surprised that it didn't look bad ;)

Did you take any pictures? :p

Actually, I have a couple Mahut pics, although the best one was partially obscured by the fence I had to poke my camera through to get pics :(
But I may be a few days before I can get my pics posted. I'll let everyone know when they are...

Chloe le Bopper
08-02-2005, 06:49 PM