Do You Like Evanescence? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do You Like Evanescence?

Corredian's_Mind
07-02-2003, 04:11 PM
:wavey:

then do u like this quite "news" rock band?..and what is/are your fav(s) song(s)?!

i do!!! i like them a lot...Amy Lee has got a really perfect voice! ;) ....and it's a good idea to put piano in this sort of music!

my fav songs from them: "my immortal", "my last breath" and "going under"

Incubus
07-03-2003, 11:54 AM
well, it's a good band!! Amy Lee has really a beautiful voice!
my fav song is bring me to life ! coz the association with a male singer is a good idea!!! ( and i hav to say that i don't know the other songs!! lol!!)

JonBcn
07-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Someone said they were like a T'Pau for the 21st Century, which I thought was quite a good analogy. Except I liked T'Pau.

Shadow
07-03-2003, 01:31 PM
yep :cool: like them!

Corredian's_Mind
07-03-2003, 06:07 PM
here r some pics:
http://www.evanescence.com/band/photos/images/xfest_5-23-03/amylee_xfest.jpg

http://www.evanescence.com/band/photos/images/promophoto/3blur_lights.jpg

the video of "Going Under" is out...u can see it on their official website!! i love it it's really great!! :bounce:

so some pics of the video:
http://www.evanescence.com/band/photos/images/gu_bts/ben_hands.jpg

http://www.evanescence.com/band/photos/images/gu_bts/amy_ben.jpg

http://www.evanescence.com/band/photos/images/gu_bts/amy_hands.jpg

then i really hope it will works :rolleyes:

King Aaron
07-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Are you kidding me? I love Evanescence!

Gonzo Hates Me!
07-08-2003, 02:34 AM
No, I think her kind of voice makes for a hideous union with the type of music. And they used to be a Christian band-- yeah. Did you know that??!! So they didn't even originally sound like this I assume, and maybe that's why I am so turned off by their music. Maybe their sound made more sense before their genre switcheroo and I kinda feel that.

But I like Amy Lee. I am not terribly attracted to her, but a guy in the audience at one of their shows screamed at her, "Show me your t--s." And she embarassed the guy and refused to do it, and later said it's ridiculous the amount of skin other female artists feel necessary to expose. So I think that's cool

Corredian's_Mind
07-08-2003, 07:31 AM
No, I think her kind of voice makes for a hideous union with the type of music. And they used to be a Christian band-- yeah. Did you know that??!! So they didn't even originally sound like this I assume, and maybe that's why I am so turned off by their music. Maybe their sound made more sense before their genre switcheroo and I kinda feel that.

But I like Amy Lee. I am not terribly attracted to her, but a guy in the audience at one of their shows screamed at her, "Show me your t--s." And she embarassed the guy and refused to do it, and later said it's ridiculous the amount of skin other female artists feel necessary to expose. So I think that's cool

ah great! i didn't know a singer can be still like that!...she seems nice!

Incubus
07-08-2003, 04:00 PM
this photos are pretty good, even if we can't see very well!!
Amy Lee has really got charm!

Glenn
07-08-2003, 04:14 PM
I love Evanescence!

Mrs Guga, from christian to gothic isn't that big a change!

My favorite songs are: My Immortal, My Last Breath and Your Secret Admirer (Solitude).

Corredian's_Mind
07-08-2003, 04:32 PM
this photos are pretty good, even if we can't see very well!!
Amy Lee has really got charm!

then just see the video on their official site! ;)

King Aaron
07-08-2003, 05:42 PM
I don't think they were really a Christian band before. I mean there are so many interviews, articles etc. etc. that says so many different things. Besides, they didn't really deny or confirm that they were a Christian band.

Leo
07-09-2003, 04:15 AM
Agree, great band. "I'm Going Under" is my favorite song of theirs. I think the lead singer has a great rock voice.

Ashie_87
07-10-2003, 05:00 AM
:wavey:
OMG THEY ROCK!!!
i LOVE 'bring me to life', 'imaginary', 'anywhere' :)

cheliste
07-22-2003, 06:15 AM
I love the band! :) And I especially like My Immortal, Going Under and Tourniquet.
Great, their Going Under video is doing well in the hit chart over here! :clap2:

Corredian's_Mind
07-22-2003, 02:05 PM
their video of going under isn't out here! i can see it only on their site! :sad:

cheliste
07-23-2003, 05:08 AM
their video of going under isn't out here! i can see it only on their site! :sad:

Hope that they would air Going Under video over in your area very soon. The video premiered only two weeks ago here, and it has climbed into the top ten. :)

Corredian's_Mind
07-24-2003, 04:05 PM
ur lucky...where do u live than...if i can know?

King Aaron
07-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Going Under, still haven't seen it on TV but have seen it on the internet. :)

jennifer
07-26-2003, 09:25 AM
I love Evanescence, they are one of my fave bands. I like all their songs, esp My Last Breath, Taking Over Me, Going Under, and Haunted. I'm going to see them in concert on Aug. 4th at the Universal Amphitheater, can't wait! :bounce:

stacy_zam
07-26-2003, 10:12 AM
yeah i like them too!

Corredian's_Mind
07-26-2003, 04:12 PM
I love Evanescence, they are one of my fave bands. I like all their songs, esp My Last Breath, Taking Over Me, Going Under, and Haunted. I'm going to see them in concert on Aug. 4th at the Universal Amphitheater, can't wait! :bounce:

WOW ur really lucky!!!! :)

Aerien
07-27-2003, 04:56 AM
I like them. I hated the guy's vocals in 'Bring Me To Life' though. I liked the original better.

My favorite songs would be: 'Anywhere' and 'Lies'.

Agassi#1Fan4Ever
07-27-2003, 05:25 AM
No, I don't.

BoleroX20
07-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Even if they weren't a Christian band before(which I believe they were) they didn't have to make the comments they made, intimating that they're too good for Christian music.

I like their music though.

Topspin047
02-08-2004, 04:06 AM
Evanescence is THE BEST band in the whole freaking world. They're taking home 5 Grammy's!!!! WOHOO Amy Lee ROCKS!

hythger
02-08-2004, 04:12 PM
i like them...especially My Imortal

Tennis Fool
02-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Aren't they still a Christian band? Theyre lyrics are definitely Christian, although a bit veiled.

Billabong
02-09-2004, 12:14 AM
I like Going under and My immortal a lot!!!:)!

Warrior
02-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Evanascence rocks!

joske
02-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Christian Schmistian *hummmm try to say that word quickly 10 times in a row lol*... they make good songs most of the time let's keep it with that ;)

Iza
02-10-2004, 02:12 PM
i'm crazy bout 'fallen'! it's my fave album at the mo! my fave song is hello, but closely followed by everybody's fool, my immortal and toruniquet. actually all of them are great :rocker:

Topspin047
02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
They won 2 Grammys! Amy Lee's outfit was AWESOME! :worship:
And Ben was there, only his hair was uhhh... :confused:
And when 50 Cent ran up on stage :rolleyes:

haha but yeah...I luv em!

andylover_16
02-11-2004, 01:47 AM
Evanescence is simply playing music Lacuna Coil was playing years ago, except with new-metal leanings and corporate backing.

nothing even remotely interesting imo:)

so NO!

btw Amy Lees outfit at the Grammys was AWFUL:eek:

Topspin047
02-29-2004, 03:51 AM
Whatever...ppl have their own opinions, but personally if you can't recognize Amy Lee's talent, then I don't get it. Ev is the best and I LOVE them! :worship:

Havok
02-29-2004, 04:27 AM
:yawn: hell no. their songs are good and everything, but i just find it freakin hilarious when people really started to get into them. their 1st song off the album was for the movie daredevil. the song wasn't popular at all until the movie daredevil came out on vhs/dvd and after about 2 months THEN it became pretty huge. kinda funny when the song was out for a pretty long time:o

Domino
02-29-2004, 06:26 AM
I immediately went and bought Fallen after hearing "Bring me to Life". I especially like "My immortal".

oasis04
02-29-2004, 04:58 PM
i sure do, the fallen albumn is great, I like the "my last breath" track a lot :yeah:

oasis04
02-29-2004, 05:10 PM

Kristen
03-01-2004, 07:51 AM
yeah I like them very much. She gives the music a lot of feeling... like, the way she sings it. There's a lot of energy, and it reminds me of Placebo :) I like 'imaginary' and 'everybody's fool'.

Iza
03-02-2004, 02:05 PM
placebo...that band is another grand! brian molko&co. make every song feel alive.

Kristen
03-02-2004, 03:45 PM
placebo...that band is another grand! brian molko&co. make every song feel alive.

I reckon!! :D
I've got to get my ass to the post office. My placebo tickets are waiting for me! 2 friends and I are going to see them at the end of this month :eek: I only saw them last July or something...
OK I have to go to bed! Its 3am! Damn internet addiction...

Kristen :wavey:

Corredian's_Mind
03-02-2004, 03:53 PM
yes it's nice, even if i think that th'eyre becoming too commercial..

Iza
03-03-2004, 06:20 AM
I reckon!! :D
I've got to get my ass to the post office. My placebo tickets are waiting for me! 2 friends and I are going to see them at the end of this month :eek: I only saw them last July or something...
OK I have to go to bed! Its 3am! Damn internet addiction...

Kristen :wavey:

wow, lucky u! unfortch, they won't come to romania.... (nobody dos, except 4 metallica that came a few years ago)

JeLuliA88
03-03-2004, 08:04 AM
I like their songs, esp MY IMMORTAL

Corredian's_Mind
03-09-2004, 04:05 PM
btw ive heard ian interview of amy lee, she's very nice and it seems she doesn't really care being famours or not, she just likes her music and that's great!

Warrior
03-10-2004, 01:54 AM
BTW, they're starting to work on their new album. This time Ben won't contribute to writing. So it might have a different sound. We'll see.

Corredian's_Mind
03-10-2004, 07:57 AM
they're already working on it? god they're fast!

Topspin047
06-11-2004, 08:51 PM
their songs are good and everything, but i just find it freakin hilarious when people really started to get into them

Actually not all fans started to like them when "Fallen" came out. I've been a fan since their demos and EP's were coming out, and I am just in love with Amy's voice.

BTW, they're starting to work on their new album. This time Ben won't contribute to writing. So it might have a different sound. We'll see.

:sad: I miss Ben. But I'm sure with Amy's great lyrics, and her voice, they'll be able to sound pretty similar..at least I hope so. I mean heck she sounds good with Seether in "Broken"

It's really making me mad though, I keep havin to call in and request "Broken" and "Everybody's Fool" on radio stations, because they aren't playing them. I can't stand the fans who just like her becuz of "Bring Me To Life" it's like, honestly, I swear it's half the people who were in love with Avril. and then its like 'oh no, this song doesnt have a cool funky beat, let's not play it'. Gosh, it makes me mad.

YoursTruly
06-12-2004, 05:38 PM
No, they're overrated. A whole lot of better bands and talent out there. And she sounds like she desperately needs to go to the bathroom.

martinatreue
06-12-2004, 05:57 PM
yes i like them

Topspin047
06-13-2004, 04:34 AM
And she sounds like she desperately needs to go to the bathroom.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that. :rolleyes: :o

I don't know why people have such problems with her voice. It's beautiful. That's all I'm saying, cuz I really don't wanna start an argument on a tennis board about Amy Lee. so i'm done.

YoursTruly
06-13-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that. :rolleyes: :o

I don't know why people have such problems with her voice. It's beautiful. That's all I'm saying, cuz I really don't wanna start an argument on a tennis board about Amy Lee. so i'm done.

She has nice voice as I read that she's trained in opera. BUT...I think it doesn't sound good with her band and the corporate sound of their music. She seems to be trying a bit too hard. I think she'll be great in opera and I'd like to hear her if she does operatic songs.

happily_ever_rafter
06-13-2004, 09:19 AM
I adore Evanescence. I was sent the mp3 of "Bring Me To Life" by a friend in USA b4 it was released here in Australia and immediately loved it. As soon as it was released here in Oz i went and bought it and love the whole album. Fav songs would have 2 b.......Going Under, My Immortal,Everybody's Fool, My Last Breath.......well dammit I Love the whole cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would jump the fence 4 Amy Lee!!!!!! hehehe

*SKYE*
06-13-2004, 10:07 AM
evanesence are a pretti kool band....

i like their songs 'bring me back to life' and 'my immortal' the best.

im not obsessed, like i dont have their album or nething like that but there pretti good to lusten to.