Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 [Archive] - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

DanaKz
03-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Brutal

DanaKz
04-22-2011, 04:59 PM
This is Victor Baluda (Soderling-wannabe). Perhaps he will face his hero in Dusseldorf (if Robin will be OK)
http://www.juniortennis.ru/upload/iblock/911/Baluda122010-800.jpg

AgnRus
04-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Oh Robin :( ... so unlucky with this rain ... :(

DanaKz
05-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I'll say: don't torment us like this anymore Robin, I am begging on my knees.

AgnRus
05-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I'll say: don't torment us like this anymore Robin, I am begging on my knees.
I'm with you ....:bowdown:
Robin :smash:

AgnRus
10-31-2011, 04:18 AM
Court Report (probably Television New Zealand) saying Robin will miss Brisbane :(

Christina :hug:

DanaKz
10-31-2011, 05:05 AM
Fuck.

AgnRus
10-31-2011, 05:17 AM
Fuck.

I'm beginning to think we'll never see him again...

sunzhewyq
10-31-2011, 06:05 AM
Holy Jesus:banghead:What happened on earth???

I'm beginning to think we'll never see him again...

so do i

swedes_rule
10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Court Report (probably Television New Zealand) saying Robin will miss Brisbane :(

Christina :hug:

:sad::sad::sad::sad: noooooooooooooooo!!! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Orka_n
11-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm beginning to think we'll never see him again...Of course we will. :p

AgnRus
11-04-2011, 05:03 AM
A man from the Qatar Tennis Federation says there are rumors that Federer, Nadal, Tsonga and Soderling are headed for Doha 2012.

we'll see. strange choice for Robin as for me, if it's truth :shrug:

DanaKz
11-04-2011, 05:52 AM
A man from the Qatar Tennis Federation says there are rumors that Federer, Nadal, Tsonga and Soderling are headed for Doha 2012.

It can be some sort of preliminary negotiation. We'll see

AgnRus
11-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Chefsläkare: "Folk anar inte Robins problem"

Det har gått två månader - och Robin Söderling är fortfarande långt från tennisbanan. Körtelfebern stoppar honom fortfarande från att träna.

Sjukdomen, som präglas av akut matthet och muskelsvaghet, stoppade honom från såväl US Open (redan i september) som Stockholm Open och allt annat under hösten.

Nu är det bara drygt två månader tills det är Grand Slam-dags i Australien.

– Vi som sitter på läktarna förstår inte hur jobbigt det är, och hur pass jobbigt det är att komma tillbaka från en så besvärlig sjukdom som körtelfeber är,säger Bo Berglund, chefsläkare på Sveriges Olympiska Kommitté.

... om man ens KAN fortsätta spela tennis. Körtelfeber var huvudskälet till att den kroatiske stjärnan Mario Ancic var tvungen å lägga av, vid 26 års ålder.

– När man väl börjar träna så småningom måste man göra det lugnt, försiktigt och gradvis, eftersom man startar från en helt annan nivå än före sjukdomen, säger Bo Berglund.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=179&artikel=4783732

-----------------------
Fully agree with Bo. Most of people don't understand what was going on and how hard it is to return to professional sport after a such disease and how long it may take...

sunzhewyq
11-04-2011, 05:38 PM
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=179&artikel=4783732

I really want to figure out some useful informations from this article,but i find nothing except mono is a kind of blablablabla thing and robin has not played for a longlonglonglong time..

yep,recovery is a long-time project and full of difficulties.but this message is useless..if we always focus on what kind of difficulty will be faced and how hard is the recovery of robin,ok,we can just say,robin,you should retired now and not play any more..

Don't blame me,Nastia...i just write sth. in my mind(maybe we think in a completely different way)...all of robin's fans are hope he can come back soon,healthy and with 100% power...we will see ....:devil:

AgnRus
11-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Jonathan, I don't blame anyone at all.

But as for me it's better to try understand his situation than be surprised from each withdrawal and begin to suspect doping.

"soon,healthy and with 100% power" - all at once is impossible, that's what I wanted to explain.I will no longer.

sunzhewyq
11-05-2011, 03:09 AM
you know, it's just a desire..maybe it is impossible..

AZ-12
11-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Since Robin is out for so long it is clear that his case of mono is a really severe one. Unfortunately much closer to Ancic's than Federer's case. Basically the interview with Bo Berglund says that mono generally can be really tough, taking Robin as a specific example. But it is not clear to me if he has been the person medically responsible for Robin, and thus has more inside information than anyone else. As stated in the article he is the head doctor of the Swedish Olympic Committee, which makes it possible but by no means certain, or perhaps not even particularly likely, that he has been involved in Robin's case. Let us hope that he has not been investigating Robin recently, as he sounds rather pessimistic.

MaxPower
11-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Since Robin is out for so long it is clear that his case of mono is a really severe one. Unfortunately much closer to Ancic's than Federer's case. Basically the interview with Bo Berglund says that mono generally can be really tough, taking Robin as a specific example. But it is not clear to me if he has been the person medically responsible for Robin, and thus has more inside information than anyone else. As stated in the article he is the head doctor of the Swedish Olympic Committee, which makes it possible but by no means certain, or perhaps not even particularly likely, that he has been involved in Robin's case. Let us hope that he has not been investigating Robin recently, as he sounds rather pessimistic.

Exactly. Already when he was diagnosed I hoped for a "mild" mono case where he could be back in a month. That is actually not unusual at all in tennis, basketball, soccer etc that mono victims get back that fast.

Once it was clear that Robin had a severe mono case you knew it was bad and could end like this. Not because of the mono itself but because of how the body reacts when you don't practice.

Even when injured you could usually do cardio and different exercises to keep in shape and keep up with being a professional athlete. In Robin's case it sadly took to long time that it's more like he got turned into an average joe and now has to become a professional athlete again, having to get the body used to being tormented again under intense training. That takes time.

That was the big reason I absolutely didn't want him to take the full season off. It's a lifestyle thing too. Soderling was a real machine working out so hard and preparing so hard for everything. I hope he can find his way back to that but I'm a bit afraid he might have started thinking now

I'm very curious of the 2012 schedule. I think he will skip Brisbane because he know he will play Båstad/Stockholm anyway and then try to get a 500 in instead. I hope he and Rosengren have figured that next year he should never put himself in the position he was in 2011.

He needs to be rested for masters 1000 and slams and if he wins 4 titles they should at least give him some cushion in the rankings. It's not twice as hard to win a 500 compared to win a 250. Less is more. Look at Murray this year that will pass Federer and that has taken full advantage of the "important" tournaments

henke007
11-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm afraid Robin won't do much in 2012. We all long to see him on the court again and play. But its a "case 22" not lookin forward to see him going out in 1st rounds to clowns. 2011 and 2012 was supposed be the Peak in Robins career as i see it. Now we will have to wait untill 2013 to see if he still can compete with the top players. Tennis evolves quickly and it doesn't take long for a player to get sidelined. Just look at Delpo not even back to full gear yet and fit enough both body and mentally "selfconfidence" to def Granollers and to win a 500 with a cakewalk..

MaxPower
11-06-2011, 07:33 PM
^Let's not use logic here. Not in his favour.

But at the same time his wrist injury sidelined him for months from about the same time in 2007 (think it happened in Montreal) and he missed the rest of the season and more. Then he got back just as strong. Not gonna get easier but I have faith as he's done it before. It's not gonna be pretty if he loses early in the year and drops to around 30 in the rankings losing his seeding advantages. Unfortunately you sort of get a double kick in the balls as the ranking drop give harder draws as well and makes it more likely to go out early in tournaments. Losing a 1st round bye too

The hard part right now must be watching guys like Granollers and Monaco play for a 500 title in Valencia. In fact I hope he does watch. Should get him hungry to get back seeing all the lesser players taking advantage of his absence. By the looks of it he will be even hungrier after Paris

AgnRus
11-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Robin signed to play in Montpellier (Open Sud de France ) , January 30-February 5.

So it's likely he will play Rotterdam (actually I was hoping he will play Memphis instead of Rotterdam). We'll see. Maybe he will not leave Europe because of the Davis Cup.

sunzhewyq
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Robin signed to play in Montpellier (Open Sud de France ) , January 30-February 5.

So it's likely he will play Rotterdam (actually I was hoping he will play Memphis instead of Rotterdam). We'll see. Maybe he will not leave Europe because of the Davis Cup.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AgnRus
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jonathan, why are you so happy?:rolleyes:
from such tournament Robin can always easily withdraw,if he will not ready to play.

Ausie
11-16-2011, 01:27 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dwhy only 16 smiles? :rolleyes:

sunzhewyq
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Jonathan, why are you so happy?:rolleyes:
from such tournament Robin can always easily withdraw,if he will not ready to play.

at least, it sounds good better than some news said "he cannot practise"...

sunzhewyq
11-16-2011, 03:36 PM
why only 16 smiles? :rolleyes:

that must be a coincident..I just clicked the smile again and again and again....it might be 15 or 17 or any other numbers...

AgnRus
11-16-2011, 03:47 PM
at least, it sounds good better than some news said "he cannot practise"...

Nothing has changed really.he still isnt training :shrug:

sunzhewyq
11-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Nothing has changed really.he still isnt training :shrug:

I had felt happy for just one minute...then,you tell me the truth...:sad:poor robin..

DanaKz
11-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Come on guys! Don't be so pessimistic! We have to believe in Robin!
Come on! All together! In Robin we trust! Think positive! Let's make this fucking Universe listen to us and work our way!

sunzhewyq
11-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Come on guys! Don't be so pessimistic! We have to believe in Robin!
Come on! All together! In Robin we trust! Think positive! Let's make this fucking Universe listen to us and work our way!

:rolleyes:think positive!:D Remember the T-shirt, Dana? I had sent it to Stockholm about one month ago and it had been given to Robin through his website staff;)It sounds like robin liked it...i hope he can wear it.:p

DanaKz
11-17-2011, 07:42 AM
:rolleyes:think positive!:D Remember the T-shirt, Dana? I had sent it to Stockholm about one month ago and it had been given to Robin through his website staff;)It sounds like robin liked it...i hope he can wear it.:p

That's great :)

Ausie
11-17-2011, 08:17 AM
It sounds like robin liked it...i hope he can wear it.:pdo you really think that he will wear it?:D

sunzhewyq
11-17-2011, 12:12 PM
do you really think that he will wear it?:D

i hope so,but not sure...Do you have some good ideas??

AgnRus
11-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Nothing new.He still isn't training.I hope some rest will help him.

http://svt.se/2.21318/1.2609589/soderling_vilar_pa_hemlig_ort&from=rss

AZ-12
11-21-2011, 09:30 AM
As AgnRus says the article on SVT contains nothing really new. But at this point I am happy for positive comments of any sort - like the quote from Ragnar Norby (a professor of medicine) "He will likely come back, he has just been a bit unlycky getting more symptons than usual." Now everything depends on the perspective, and a medicine professor may of course have patients that die - and in that perspective one may certainly think of Robin's case "as just a bit unlucky", although I think most of us would say that he has been really unfortunate.

AgnRus
11-21-2011, 01:01 PM
The original article which was cited by the SVT :

http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis/1.2628610/robin-soderling-vilar-ut-pa-hemlig-ort?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

MaxPower
11-22-2011, 08:05 AM
He's obviously not in bed eating junkfood and potato chips either. He looked fit when he was in Stockholm. So I'm not that worried. I think it's in the best interest to keep expectations down for his comeback. People will expect him to start next year like a top10 player. Considering the things his agent and his coach is saying the expectations will be more reasonable. That can only work in his favor.

I'm not gonna be worried until he withdraws from Doha.

AgnRus
11-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Begin to worry, MaxPower. Robin will not play in Doha,he is absent in entry list.

To be honest, I think most likely he will skip the AO too.
Begin play from 5-setters under the sun without match practice after such a long break? probably he is not so crazy.

MaxPower
11-23-2011, 09:46 AM
alright then I'm worried. Strange that he's so early with the withdrawals lately. In the autumn it seemed like he really wanted back ASAP but then when he couldn't play Stockholm he completely threw in towel.

And no AO isn't that likely if he doesn't play Doha so thats why I said it. They are what, 2 weeks apart? If it's been months what difference will 2 weeks make. Just seems strange to give up early. Maybe he's tired of pissing off organizers and will go for WC entry whenever he does his comeback.

AgnRus
11-23-2011, 09:59 AM
This is not a withdrawal in the literal sense of the word, this is solution does not enter the tournament.
By the way, there is only one week between the Doha and the Australian Open (January 9-15).
He may ask for a wild card, that's true, though unlikely.

MaxPower
11-24-2011, 12:14 PM
They've moved Australian Open 1 week earlier?. Qatar Open was played 2-7th this year and unless they changed it I guess it's the same for 2012. Federer & friends also played it. Not like it matters if he's not gonna enter.

It seemed to help him to play Brisbane the same time in 2011. He could always consider a WC to Brisbane instead if he wants to test where he stands. They won't say no to the defending champion.

But we'll see. Think he's gonna give AO a shot. Otherwise another 0 until january 2013. It's a shitty system in that respect.

AgnRus
11-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Robin signed to play in Rotterdam (February 13-19)

For me it looks like he really plans to start the season from european indoors

superganon
11-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Robin signed to play in Rotterdam (February 13-19)

To me it looks like he really plans to start the season from european indoors

where u got this information?

AgnRus
11-24-2011, 06:23 PM
where u got this information?

These are my thoughts, I wrote "looks like" :shrug: Most of people here disagree with me, as usual:lol:

Robin still has not announced his decision about Australian Open, if you ask about it (we still hope, even though his chances of being involved are small).

But let's see. Now there are only seven weeks before the Australian Open, and he was not trained at all, besides I don't think he plans to play the Australian Open (with no match practice before it starts) - Montpelier - Davis Cup (probably) - Rotterdam IN A ROW . It's crazy.

superganon
11-24-2011, 11:46 PM
These are my thoughts, I wrote "looks like" :shrug: Most of people here disagree with me, as usual:lol:

Robin still has not announced his decision about Australian Open, if you ask about it (we still hope, even though his chances of being involved are small).

But let's see. Now there are only seven weeks before the Australian Open, and he was not trained at all, besides I don't think he plans to play the Australian Open (with no match practice before it starts) - Montpelier - Davis Cup (probably) - Rotterdam IN A ROW . It's crazy.

ye but u must have some source :S?

i find it hard to belive sod will play in AO since its far from home and to early in the season. imo he should go with rotterdam and marsielle like last year and later davies cup. if he concentrate on this he dont have to focus about so much travelling.

i like your statements about rotterdam,monepiller and DC (if its now true?)

its also indoors witch suits his game <3

AgnRus
11-25-2011, 03:14 AM
imo he should go with rotterdam and marsielle like last year and later davies cup.

1st round Davis Cup will played in this year on the week between Montpellier and Rotterdam (February 10-12). Robin's participation in Montpellier and Rotterdam have already confirmed officially. Marseille would be superfluous if he will play Davis Cup.

sunzhewyq
11-25-2011, 04:32 AM

:p I will support you this time

AgnRus
12-02-2011, 09:46 AM
from Jenni's twitter :)

Say hello to our puppy Sixten.

http://p.twimg.com/AfpxyyoCEAAeTQK.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/jennimostrom/status/142551455608475648/photo/1

AgnRus
12-02-2011, 09:57 AM
http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/robin-siktar-pa-australien_sto3049001/story.shtml

hope it's true and he will play AO.

Jomp1
12-02-2011, 10:26 AM
There is no reason for Robin to play DC in February. It's a lost cause and he needs to focus on himself. A comeback in Aussie would be great, but I'm still hoping he can be ready to take a wildcard to one of the first two weeks of the season.

Brisbane, Aussie Open, Montpellier, Rotterdam, Indian Wells, Miami would be a good schedule for the first three months.

AZ-12
12-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Finally some good news, although the interpretation is far from certain. To me this suggests that Robin is at least able to do some training at a modest level.

Ausie
12-02-2011, 11:03 AM
but I'm still hoping he can be ready to take a wildcard to one of the first two weeks of the season.I don't think that after such a terrible disease, it is necessary to exhaust the body, if he returns to Melbourne, it will be very good. Kom igen Robin :)

sunzhewyq
12-02-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/robin-siktar-pa-australien_sto3049001/story.shtml

hope it's true and he will play AO.

Eventually,good news is coming...

AgnRus
12-02-2011, 12:53 PM
fully agree with AZ-12 (by the way, what is your name? :)).
I think Robin doesn't know yet whether will he play in AO or not, and especially the organizers of Rotterdam don't know it for sure.

swedes_rule
12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
i still wish he was coming to brisbane again :(

sunzhewyq
12-03-2011, 01:51 AM
i still wish he was coming to brisbane again :(

:)Hi,Christina, I really hope you can see him in Brisbane .But there are many things undecided,just as Nastia said, even robin don't know wheather he will come to AO or not. Anyway, he is back now;)

henke007
12-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Robin needs to play 500.s to get his ranking up and not 250.s again like last year. To bad he can only count 2 500.s next year with his penalties.

AZ-12
12-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Since AgnRus asked I can tell that my name is Anders. From the conversations I have understood a few names behind the other nicks, but I don't know yours. Maybe you have introduced yourselves in some early threads before my arrival here?

AZ-12
12-03-2011, 01:46 PM
OOps. I just noticed a thread a few lines below where people do introduce themselves. Maybe I will drop a few lines there.

AgnRus
12-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks Anders, nice to meet you!:)

sunzhewyq
12-06-2011, 02:39 PM
WOOHOO,NEW RACQUET HEAD PRESTIGE L6

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/data/500/278.jpg

take a look in 360 view

http://www.head.com/tennis/radical-prestige/?region=eu#

AgnRus
12-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Yes,Robin stays with Head, very well, at least one good news.

sunzhewyq
12-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Yes,Robin stays with Head, very well, at least one good news.

Good news will come one after another:D

AgnRus
12-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Good news will come one after another:D

doubtfully.

sunzhewyq
12-07-2011, 06:29 AM
doubtfully.

:sad::sad::sad:

AgnRus
12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Robin Soderling miss this year's first Grand Slam tournament, Australian Open

http://www.svd.se/sport/soderling-missar-australian-open_6692916.svd

AZ-12
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Sad but not totally surprising news: Robin is out of Australian open according to TT (see http://svt.se/svttext/web/pages/303.html). His agent says hi is revovering though, although there is still some time befor he can start to practice.

_Chaz
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
According to my google translate this text says he still has to rest through whole January!? :sobbing:
I think then we can forget about a comeback at the European indoor tournaments...

superganon
12-07-2011, 04:59 PM
the good news is that he finally is getting better

AgnRus
12-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Some more info

http://www.dn.se/sport/soderling-missar-australian-open

Physician's recommendation is that he will rest in December and hopefully start to turn a bit at the end of December to see how his body reacts.

henke007
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
He will skip the AO and i think that's good. No need to go all the way to Australia and play best of 5 in that heat also his record there is terrible.

AgnRus
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.svd.se/sport/viktigt-att-soderling-inte-stressar_6693082.svd

MaxPower
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
booooooooooooooooo. but it was expected. He never liked that slam anyway and the heat and travel wouldn't do him any good.

But yes ofc it means another 0 and another -180ps in his ranking that goes down the drain. Now he really must do well in the european indoor swing or he could find himself around #25-30 before Indian Wells/Miami

sunzhewyq
12-08-2011, 01:58 AM
surprise but expectable

Jomp1
12-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Robin is on the fresh entry list to Aussie Open, so he hasn't formally withdrawn.

AgnRus
12-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Robin is on the fresh entry list to Aussie Open, so he hasn't formally withdrawn.

It does not matter, he will withdraw now or next month, he will not play in any case :(

Jomp1
12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
It does not matter, he will withdraw now or next month, he will not play in any case :(

It makes me feel better anyway. Most sane tennis players, let alone a top one, wouldn't want to withdraw 7 weeks in advance to a slam barring a physical injury/planned operation. Plus it's a small sign he's indeed getting better(and not just words).

AgnRus
12-08-2011, 11:45 AM
He will try to practice only in late December, he just don't have time to prepare for such a big tournament. The fact of his presence in the list does not mean anything at all, don't be fooled.

Jomp1
12-08-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm not saying he's going to play there or that it would make sense, just that it's a greater sign than words that he's feeling better. For instance, he pulled out of the Qatar tournament before the entry list came but he didn't do it this time. He had the option not to sign up at all but he did. That's the facts we have.

I'd like to point out that every single article is based on the same interview coming from a news bureau, and the original quotes say nothing specifically about Australian Open or any other tournament(because his agent doesn't want to answer on direct questions about it). I just feel that we are reading too much into a very brief interview with an agent, whose job is to protect the client. Reading between the lines is fine, but not facts.

Flame away ;)

AgnRus
12-08-2011, 02:54 PM
From Robin's twitter and FB:

Hello my friends. I am very sorry for being away for so long and for not giving many updates but my recovery has been longer than expected. I am feeling better with each day but it will still take some time before I can start practicing in full speed. My goal is to start with practice in January and I hope for tournament comeback in February but at this stage it is hard to know when and where. I hope my body will allow me to do that. I will try to give you more updates. I love reading your messages and appreciate your support and encouragement very much.

http://twitter.com/#!/RSoderling

sunzhewyq
12-08-2011, 08:19 PM
From Robin's twitter and FB:

Hello my friends. I am very sorry for being away for so long and for not giving many updates but my recovery has been longer than expected. I am feeling better with each day but it will still take some time before I can start practicing in full speed. My goal is to start with practice in January and I hope for tournament comeback in February but at this stage it is hard to know when and where. I hope my body will allow me to do that. I will try to give you more updates. I love reading your messages and appreciate your support and encouragement very much.

http://twitter.com/#!/RSoderling

:hug:

swedes_rule
12-09-2011, 06:54 AM
:sad: who am i going to support at the AO then??

sunzhewyq
12-09-2011, 01:51 PM
oh, poor Christina...

nalbyfan
12-10-2011, 12:41 PM
He shedules to come back in Montpellier, hope he can, I miss him and I'm not the only one. A guy who trashed Armanifatbutt in RG deserves my admiration and respect

AgnRus
12-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Robin, Ferrer, Monfils and Isner will play Puerto Rico Tennis Cup (March 19-20,exhibition, semis on Monday and final on Tuesday)

sunzhewyq
12-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Puerto Rico...March 19-20...According to the calender of 2012, it will be just between India Wells and Miami..actually matches in Miami had begun at that time..

AgnRus
12-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Robin in any case will not play the qualifying matches in Miami, so there is no reason to worry.

AZ-12
12-30-2011, 05:47 AM
Some news on Robins progress: http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis/1.2665125/soderling-mar-battre-har-borjat-trana-igen The main thing is that he has started to train lightly, as confirmed by his agent. Expressen presents it as good news, but I guess it depends on your expectations at this point, and also on how light training we are talking about. In any case; A Happy New 2012 to everyone.

AgnRus
12-30-2011, 06:22 AM
I hope we'll see him in Montpellier.

Happy new year to all. Best wishes!!!:hug:

DanaKz
12-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Happy new year guys :)

sunzhewyq
12-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Happy new year!

AgnRus
01-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Robin is in Marseille's list (February 20-26).

superganon
01-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Robin is in Marseille's list (February 20-26).

yay as i excpected erlier in 2011 robin will try a rotterdam-marsille double :)

but it will be a tripple i guess with montepiller :P

any other news about his progress? im abit suprised that just after 1 month training and 6 month tennis abscense he is already going for tournaments. sounds abit hasty to me tbh. tho as robin always said. "winning tournaments makes u get better confidence"

MaxPower
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Sweden got a DC meeting with Serbia 10th-12th February and I saw some statements from Enqvist.

He said he keeps in close contact with Söderling but said the important part is him getting fully recovered no matter how long it takes.

I kinda got the impression he doesn't count on Robin playing but he never said he's gotten a clear no. It's probably for the best if Robin skips DC.

A comeback down in Serbia to play 5 seters vs Djokovic/Tipsarevic or Troicki after months away from the tennis courts and so close to Rotterdam? That wouldn't be smart I think.

aleunforcederror
01-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I hope he recovers well, The circuit need him, I miss Robin on the tour =(

_Chaz
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
A message from Robin

CImCNqTT6k4

Well, not really a big update but I'm just happy to 'see' him again :)

sunzhewyq
01-13-2012, 11:00 PM
A message from Robin

CImCNqTT6k4

Well, not really a big update but I'm just happy to 'see' him again :)

:DSee you Robin!

AZ-12
01-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Robin has excluded Montpellier, Rotterdam and Davis Cup, see http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/davis-cup/2009/comebacken-skjuts-upp_sto3107539/story.shtml where his agent is quoted.

According to the news source the decision is not due to any recent setbacks, the argument is just that it is risky to rush things (and I guess it is not meaningful to compete before you are back at a decent level).

FlameOn
01-16-2012, 08:58 AM
I miss him a lot :sad:. He's so awesome and I want to see him again. I sent him a tweet today, I think encouraging tweets will be good :).

AgnRus
01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
:(:(:(

sunzhewyq
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
starts from "0"

henke007
01-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Robin would prob have faced Fed in Rotterdam. A medium level 250 is where he should start playing.

MaxPower
01-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Robin has excluded Montpellier, Rotterdam and Davis Cup, see http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/davis-cup/2009/comebacken-skjuts-upp_sto3107539/story.shtml where his agent is quoted.

According to the news source the decision is not due to any recent setbacks, the argument is just that it is risky to rush things (and I guess it is not meaningful to compete before you are back at a decent level).

Sad but maybe clever in the long run. Also he probably doesn't want to be labeled some kind of betrayer for skipping DC and then coming back and maybe even winning a tournament like when he skipped DC last year and then won Båstad just days later. Many people didn't like that

Sweden is doomed vs Serbia but it would still look strange if Soderling said he couldn't play (Swedens team is in desperate need) and then showed up shortly after to play Rotterdam

MaxPower
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM
btw the ranking situation is starting to look awful....he will probably be out of top20 before his comeback starts. Going to get some tough draws

AgnRus
01-17-2012, 01:22 PM
But now he probably will start from Indian Wells Masters (if he would not withdraw from this tournament too) :(

To be honest I don't understand why he had included his name in the Rotterdam's list , if he was not going to play there.Now he gets another penalty (third :facepalm: ). so stupid...

AgnRus
01-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Sad but maybe clever in the long run. Also he probably doesn't want to be labeled some kind of betrayer for skipping DC and then coming back and maybe even winning a tournament like when he skipped DC last year and then won Båstad just days later. Many people didn't like that

I don't think this is the main reason. He obviously is not ready to play (far enough from this). Even his coach Fidde worked with an junior boy Ymer in Växjö a week ago. (http://www.ymertennis.com/?p=654)
So a week ago they haven't even started the overall work with Robin (maybe not started so far) :(

MaxPower
01-17-2012, 06:13 PM
I hope he works out with his physical trainer (still Ali Ghelem I think) and whatever other guys he got in his team. I don't think he needs Rosengren until it's tournament time. His biggest use is tactics and analyzing opponents anyway

But I don't know really what's up. I'm starting to think there is some personal reasons/motivation issues too in addition to the mono aftermath. Because it's stupid to act like making a comeback after 6 months would be dangerous after mono. Mono is a virus and he will have it for the rest of his life. If his not resistant now he never will be. He could wait years without any difference. Either his comeback ends like Ancic with career-end or it will work just fine once he commits to tennis full-time.

Sooner or later he must take the chance and just see what happens :shrug:

AgnRus
01-18-2012, 04:37 AM
I don't think he needs Rosengren until it's tournament time. His biggest use is tactics and analyzing opponents anyway

I can't believe you're serious :)

In fact, if Robin really started light training only in late December-early January, February is too early date for play in tournaments. When he will able to train fully, he needs ( that other players have done in the offseason) - hard training for 3-4 weeks for 5-7 hours every day.Only then we can talk about participation in tournaments.
hope he will be ready for spring Masters.:)

nalbyfan
01-18-2012, 12:30 PM
It's not possible to talk about mono for not playing 8 months lafter catching it.It must be something else. Perso problems ?? It's really weird

Sunset of Age
01-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Very disappointed to read in the Dutch papers today that Robin has indeed withdrawn his entry from Rotterdam. I've been looking forward to see him in action over there again. :sad:
But of course his health comes first. I can only hope for the best... things are really starting to look damn serious now. One can't imagine what this must do to his confidence. Robin :hug:

It's not possible to talk about mono for not playing 8 months lafter catching it.It must be something else. Perso problems ?? It's really weird

Google 'epstein-barr virus' in combination with 'Ancic, Mario'... :rolleyes:

sunzhewyq
01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
happy Chinese New Year, guys!
best wishes to Robin....it is a whole new year...hope to see him soon..

MaxPower
01-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Any news?

Painful with another slam where the top4 makes the semis. Soderling is so needed. Is he on court practicing? What is the plan now that he cancelled Rotterdam? Why can't he take part in some exhibition match for fun? Why is he always so silent and mysterious?

So many questions but I don't expect any answers :)

BodyServe
01-26-2012, 08:37 PM
The sad thing is that even if he comes back, will he ever be back to his 2009-2010 (or Bastad 2011) level?

It's empty a slam without him even if he would have lost to federer in QF and i'm vastly disapointed he didn't try out Rotterdam and its fast court...

sunzhewyq
01-28-2012, 03:13 PM
no surprise, out of montpellier..

AgnRus
01-30-2012, 05:03 PM
He is getting better ... and better .... and better ... But he's still not ready to play ... all the same news for six months ... I'm starting to doubt that he is once again will play....seriously:shrug:

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=179&grupp=6483&artikel=4937712

nadejda
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
don't say that, please :sad:

sunzhewyq
01-31-2012, 02:48 AM
:facepalm: OH NO

Nothing new except the picture..

AgnRus
01-31-2012, 03:07 AM
Nothing new except the picture..

This is an old photo from 2009, when he withdrew from the Stockholm's tournament before the semi-final match against Baghdatis.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=4756&page=81

AZ-12
01-31-2012, 06:14 AM
It does really sound bad when the reporter writes something like "he has not yet been able to make the hard effort that is required to get back to the highest level", implying that he still doesn't feel recovered from the mono. But I'm usually a positive guy, and if possible I want to avoid such interpretations. One possibility could be that the reporter confuses the fact that he is not back to a level where it feels meaningful to compete with not being recovered from the desease. Robin himself should of course know the difference, but maybe he has reasons to say "I'm not feeling fully recovered" rather than "I'm not back to a competetive level yet". Maybe it could be related to some rules governing how to use the protected ranking system? Or rules regarding punishments for withdrawing from tournaments? I don't know. Maybe I'm just looking for a good interpretation in vain and the situation is just as bad as it sounds.

AgnRus
01-31-2012, 06:37 AM
Maybe it could be related to some rules governing how to use the protected ranking system? Or rules regarding punishments for withdrawing from tournaments?

Unfortunately not. Robin can to use the protected ranking system, but he does not need it. His ranking is high enough to get into the main draws, and he can always get a wild card if he wants.

Rules about protected ranking system :

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-FAQ.aspx

A. A player may petition the Executive Chairman & President for an Entry Protection when he is physically injured and does not compete in any tennis event for a minimum period of six months. The written petition must be received within six months of his last tournament.

The Entry Protection shall be a position in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, as determined by the player's average South African Airways ATP Rankings position during the first three months of his injury. The Entry Protection shall be for entry into the main draw or qualifying competition or for special exempt consideration. The Entry Protection shall not be used for seeding purposes, Lucky Loser consideration or for entry into the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

The Entry Protection shall be in effect for either the first nine tournaments that the player competes in using the Entry Protection (excluding wild cards and entries as a Direct Acceptance with his current position in the South African Airways ATP Rankings) or for the period up to nine months beginning with the first tennis event that the player competes in, whichever occurs first.

and he will get another penalty for Rotterdam, alas....

AZ-12
01-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Ok AgnRus, you are right that it is probably not anything related to a protected ranking, but I'll make a new attempt for a somewhat positive interpretation of the situation: Maybe he might feel a bit bad for not playing some of the early tournamnents mentioned, where he was signed, and for not playing Davis Cup. Let us assume that he might have been a little bit careless and said things like "If I'm healthy I will play" to either Thomas Enqvist or some of the tournament organizers. When the level of play does not come as fast for him as he hoped, the previous promises seemed like a stupid thing to make, and he resort to a white lie. I think it is white lie because I don't think anyone benefit much from seing Robin back early just to loose 6-3,6-2 to players ranked around 100.

AgnRus
01-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Anders,I don't quite understand. If he is not ready to play (and he obviously is not ready), what kind of lies are you talking about?:rolleyes:

I'm just saying, if after 7 months of absence, he still is not ready to play, if the effects of the disease so disastrous for his body, not the fact that he will be ready to play at a high level ever at all.

He can get 3-6 2-6 or something like this from players ranked around 100 in Indian Wells or Miami or somewhere else.:shrug: I don't think Robin is afraid to lose.

MaxPower
01-31-2012, 01:50 PM
I think that article was good news. Enqvist clearly said he's been talking with him frequently and he says "I can't say if it will take a month or 2 weeks". It's also clearly stated that "once he gets back, he must be ready to play the full season"

It's a known fact that in most sports with a long season the players do 2-3 months of very intense training (usually during summer for hockey and soccer) so the body is prepared once the season starts. Tennis players have it differently but the same rules apply. They must prepare beforehand.

Once the season gets going I think most players don't do that very hard build up training. More light training and rest between tournaments. Probably Robin wants to be ready to play just like normally and follow his normal routines. Not do some kind of special year where he plays Rotterdam, takes a month off, plays some clay, take a month off etc

AZ-12
01-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Of course I'm just speculating. But naturally we can all agree that if he really still feels any effects from the mono, not just the lack of practice, then it is terribly bad news. On the other hand, if he just wants to wait with ATP-competition until he has at least a small chance to win, then maybe the situation is not so bad.

Thus I'm looking for reasons to support the latter interpretation, but naturally it is plain guesswork. So the way I speculate is like this: If people want him to play earlier than he is comfortable with (for whatever reason), the easiest way to stop any persuasion attempts for an early comeback is to say that he is still not fully recovered, even if he just feels he need more practice.

And another way to find a glimpse of light in the article is the time-scale mentioned by Thomas Enqvist, as pointed out by MaxPower. Hopefully Enqvist knows Robin's status a bit better than he admits, in which case the comeback likely should be before Indian wells. I guess a comeback in Marseille is still not ruled out?

AgnRus
01-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes, officially he is still in Marseille's list yet
But...do you think for a week after Rotterdam's start a situation will cardinally change?

As for me to prepare for only one small indoors tournament , then to fly on other continent where he should play more important tournaments in another surface, silly enough. Looks illogically. It was meaningful, if he planned to play at least a couple indoors tournaments , but only one?:rolleyes::shrug:

sunzhewyq
02-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Many of news which we mean good news sound like so official,"he is getting better"..but, in fact, he cannot train in full time with the high level.

no news or new update from twitter and facebook..:shrug:

AgnRus
02-01-2012, 02:35 AM
..but, in fact, he cannot train in full time with the high level.

This is not a fact, Jonathan. We just don't know where and how he trains now.:rolleyes:
Maybe he's already practicing with a full load, let's hope so.

sunzhewyq
02-01-2012, 04:49 AM
This is not a fact, Jonathan. We just don't know where and how he trains now.:rolleyes:
Maybe he's already practicing with a full load, let's hope so.

Well, so you mean maybe what we are waiting is just a tournament which he will choice to play?

AgnRus
02-01-2012, 05:38 AM
Well, so you mean maybe what we are waiting is just a tournament which he will choice to play?

we are waiting for the tournament, which he will be ready to play. But we don't know at what stage of training he is now:shrug:

UsD.AnDreS
02-01-2012, 10:52 PM
miss him & Jenni... get well man, get friggin' well

AZ-12
02-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Bad news from eurosport (see http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/soderlings-comeback-drojer_sto3145812/story.shtml ) as it sounds, even though the text is not very clear and maybe even somewhat confusing. It says "the mono is better" but also "the mono is still there" and "he cannot practice 100%". Also it is stated that no date for a comeback can be given.

FlameOn
02-09-2012, 08:18 AM
:bigcry:

AgnRus
02-09-2012, 08:24 AM
so sad ...
therefore likely Indian Wells and Miami will be canceled for him ...
:(

AgnRus
02-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Full version :

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article14342567.ab

:sadface::sadface::sadface:

henke007
02-09-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't think Robin will ever get back to the level that he had and that you need to be at for top 8.

I don't mean to be a pessimist but i don't care to see Robin hovering around top 30 in the future. Think GS and best of 5 sets :(

Its really very sad to see one of the best in the game be sidetracked like this. Its even worse then what Delpo went through. And Robin has had a wristproblem aswell in the past.

Fuck it.

MaxPower
02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
I don't know. Coming back at all is the major concern. Even Ancic had attempted his comeback after 6 months.

"Mono is feeling better". He's said that for months now. It seemed that he was really close to comeback already in October. He practiced good and look fairly strong. Barely made any progress at all from then it seems. And as we all know a virus is with him for the rest of his life. If he hasn't improved in all this time since October I fear that more months might not help either.

Hope still lives until he goes out and cancels the season/retires. Article mentions that he was supposed to play Rotterdam and canceled that and some other old news too so maybe more like "we have to write something about Soderling" than actual news. Also mentions he has indeed been practicing tennis in Sweden and that's a good sign. But he practiced in October too so...

sunzhewyq
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
:facepalm:Nothing wants to say....just wait for Indian Wells ,then, Miami....RG...WC..USO...ChinaOpen.....

AgnRus
02-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Even Ancic had attempted his comeback after 6 months.

it ended badly for him, is not it?

It seemed that he was really close to comeback already in October. He practiced good and look fairly strong.

To be honest, in October, Robin looked pretty bad as for the professional athlete, we just missed him and were very glad to see him again.He practiced not so much and not so hard,and after a more heavy 2-hour workout with Bjorkman he was done for months.But in January, he looked really MUCH MORE better and healthier.So progress is still there, though not the same as we would like.

It's unfortunate that things are going so slowly, but I still hope to see him on the court again, even if we have to wait another few months.If he can't play now, he can't.But he is still alive and he tries to come back.

MaxPower
02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
it ended badly for him, is not it?

Ancic could have waited 5 years and there would be no difference. Chronic mono doesn't go away

To be honest, in October, Robin looked pretty bad as for the professional athlete, we just missed him and were very glad to see him again.He practiced not so much and not so hard,and after a more heavy 2-hour workout with Bjorkman he was done for months.But in January, he looked really MUCH MORE better and healthier.So progress is still there, though not the same as we would like.

It's unfortunate that things are going so slowly, but I still hope to see him on the court again, even if we have to wait another few months.If he can't play now, he can't.But he is still alive and he tries to come back.

It's not just about his physcical status. Just like with Ancic when a player gets so much time away they start to look into other things. Ancic had his law degree and started to get other commitments besides tennis.

Robin pre-mono was crazy and lived and breathed tennis. Trained like a madman. I just hope all this time away hasn't effected his drive for tennis perfection. He actually got better and better for every year before this

sunzhewyq
02-11-2012, 02:19 AM
hope robin can back to the court as soon as possible to stop this endless discussion.Too many X factors make me more and more nervous...

AgnRus
02-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Ancic could have waited 5 years and there would be no difference. Chronic mono doesn't go away

Nevertheless Fidde, referring to the experience of Ancic says that you can not rush to go to court and have to take as much time as is necessary for full recovery.

I personally had the virus some years ago, after which nearly a year had problems with the health and was weak. And this despite the fact that I'm not an athlete and have no serious physical activity.Of course I'm not comparing myself with Robin, but sometimes you really need many months to feel healthy again.:shrug:

It's not just about his physcical status.
Yes, of course, you're right, but right now the physical status is the most important and the main problem of Robin.

FlameOn
02-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Facebook update:

http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=324925107544558&id=181790071858063&refid=0&_ft_a=181790071858063&_ft_tf=324925107544558&_ft_tpi=181790071858063&_ft_ti=22&_ft_fth=eab1c4ea78c2ae49&_ft_time_ft=1328955041&_ft_mf_objid=324925107544558

Seems like he's over the worst of it which is a plus.

AgnRus
02-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Hello friends and fan.
I know it has been a while since my last post but I have been focusing on my recovery. I was hoping to be ready for tournaments in February but unfortunately I am not there yet. The good news is that the symptoms of the mono like sore throat and fever are gone, but for some reason my body still cannot handle intense training, I get very tired when I do something physical. I am working with my medical team to understand why and what the next step is. My full focus of each day is to get healthy and strong. Hopefully it won't be much longer but I cannot compete until I am 100% fit.
Thank you very much for your support and your encouragement. It gives me much needed energy and motivation.

/Robin

MaxPower
02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
he sounds motivated and got full focus on returning ASAP and thats good news.

Fidde has been the TV commentator for Swedens DC meeting during the weekend. He sounds happy and full of energy but hasn't talked much about Soderlings situation.

On Monday Robins 500p from Rotterdam comes off and the week after the 250p from Marseilles so he will be around 25-30 in the rankings. He's probably gonna find himself unseeded when he returns but that's future problems

sunzhewyq
02-12-2012, 01:18 AM
he sounds motivated and got full focus on returning ASAP and thats good news.

Really? anyway..thanks for finding some positive information for us..:worship:.

AZ-12
02-12-2012, 08:48 PM
The news from Robin in the update does sound rather bad to me. The fact that it takes a while to get in good shape if you have stopped training for a longer time is of course to be expected. Then you increase the physical intensity little by little, and gradually approach your full level over a longer period. But judging from the update, unfortunately this is not the way it seem to work for Robin, rather he must rest too long after each effort to make any real physical improvements. What one can hope for is that he still does improve, just at a slower rate than we were hoping for.

sunzhewyq
02-13-2012, 07:50 AM
ATP Ranking-OUT Of TOP 20(Last time was May 25th 2009, Just before FO)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/data/500/279.jpg

MaxPower
02-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Yes very sad. Another 250p coming off next Monday.

Only 90p to defend then in Indian Wells/Miami but then 720p from Madrid+Rome+RG. Safe to say that if he must be ready for clay season which should be his big goal to save the season.

If he somehow can play in US it's a big bonus. But I hope he gives it a chance. Coming back without pressure could be great for him

superganon
02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
ATP Ranking-OUT Of TOP 20(Last time was Sept. 25th 2009, Just before FO)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/data/500/279.jpg

september 2009? u must mean May 2009. he was seeded 23 at FO 2009. sorry if im acting abit rude :P anyways hope to see robin in action before FO 2012!

sunzhewyq
02-13-2012, 02:37 PM
september 2009? u must mean May 2009. he was seeded 23 at FO 2009. sorry if im acting abit rude :P anyways hope to see robin in action before FO 2012!
:eek:Oh, so Sorry...i made a mistake....you're right..

AgnRus
02-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Robin is officially out of ATP Marseille.

henke007
02-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Robin will prob not be back untill Clay in April if even then, that's my guess. He will be top 30 untill Rom and Madrid drop off.

MaxPower
02-17-2012, 05:19 PM
I hope he gives Indian Wells/Miami a shot. Can't stand to see more 0 pointers. Probably know in a week or two because f he doesn't bother to go to US and practice in early March it safe to say he likely skips the US swing and aims for the clay.

Haven't even watched his schedule but I guess he didn't sign for Monte Carlo so maybe a comeback in Barcelona or a 250 like Estoril. Advantage with comebacking in a 250 is that he got a shot at being seeded despite being around #30 then

nalbyfan
02-18-2012, 12:17 PM
He won't be seed in RG if he continues like that....and takes the risk to draw Armani fatbutt in 1rst round...

AgnRus
02-18-2012, 12:55 PM
He won't be seed in RG if he continues like that....and takes the risk to draw Armani fatbutt in 1rst round...
to be honest...if he continues like that....maybe we'll never see him on the court...

MaxPower
02-19-2012, 01:14 AM
http://www.svd.se/sport/soderling-orolig-for-framtiden_6862963.svd

Basically he said to the paper that his career could be over. Progress so slow that it could take many years to be 100% again. Now a miracle is needed

FlameOn
02-19-2012, 01:37 AM
This sucks :(.

AgnRus
02-19-2012, 03:09 AM
damn mono :sad:

henke007
02-19-2012, 07:11 AM
How can he be so unlucky, unreal.

AZ-12
02-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Says he needs a long time to recover only after 20 minutes of light training, jogging at a snail's pace. I have been optimistic before, but this sounds really bad. The only thing going for Robin is that he still seems motivated to come back, if possible.

AgnRus
02-19-2012, 10:02 AM
The full interview with Robin:

”Jag ska göra allt för att komma tillbaka”

EXKLUSIV INTERVJU Tennisstjärnan Robin Söderling är hoppfull inför framtiden. Men han medger att optimismen blandas med oro.
– Det går framåt men det går i snigelfart och jag har inte en aning om när jag kan spela igen, säger Söderling som i dag talar ut i SvD.

http://gfx.svd-cdn.se/multimedia/dynamic/00824/robin_824509c.jpg

Under det senaste halvåret har det i media spekulerats mycket kring Söderlings hälsotillstånd och över en lunch på Bistro Crème i Stockholm rätar den 27-årige västgöten ut de frågetecken som går att räta ut. Öppenhjärtigt berättar Robin hur hans tillvaro förändrats sedan juli förra året då han i Båstad spelade sin senaste match.

Körtelfebern och sviterna av den har satt inte bara fysiska spår utan också förändrat hans tänk – både på gott och på ont.

–Jag har hittat det lugn som jag saknade tidigare och nu kan jag softa en dag utan att känna stress.
Men?

–Jag saknar ju tennisen och framför allt att kunna träna ja, bara att få hålla igång. På omvägar har jag hört att det finns de som tror att jag håller mig borta för att jag är trött på tennis. Inget kan vara mer fel.

Efter Swedish Open i Båstad var Robin helt slutkörd och likadant månaderna efter förberedelserna inför US Open och Stockholm Open där han tvingades avstå från spel.

–Med facit i hand gjorde jag fel. Jag har alltid varit dålig att lyssna på min kropp och kanske pressade jag mig för hårt då jag hade körtelfebern. Det kan vara orsak till att jag inte återhämtat mig.

–Det är lätt att vara efterklok men då jag körde på visste jag ju inte att jag hade körtelfeber.

Robin säger att allt gått åt rätt håll under det senaste halvåret.

–Men jag orkar inte med för mycket träning utan är som starkast i soffan, säger han och skrattar.

Vad är för mycket träning då?

–Det vet jag inte eftersom det är olika från dag till dag. Ibland kan jag jogga tjugo minuter utan att känna av det efteråt och ibland är jag så slut att jag inte kommer upp ur soffan.

–Ändå har jag inte mer än styrfart då jag joggar.

Vad är den hårdaste tennisträning du kört under den här perioden?

–En halvtimme ungefär. Det är likadant där, ibland har det känts bra efteråt och ibland har jag varit slutkörd. Men jag känner inte av något under själva träningen.

Samtidigt som andra spekulerar funderar Robin inte i när och var han kan tänkas vara tillbaka.

–Jag gjorde det i början och grämde mig över att missa turneringar. Men till slut är det bara att konstatera hur läget är.

–Först måste jag under en längre tid kunna spela fyra timmar tennis om dagen och ovanpå det köra fys men det finns inte på kartan ännu.

Under perioden Robin mådde som sämst oroade han sig faktiskt inte så mycket över hur karriären skulle påverkas.

– Då var det enda viktiga att bli så frisk att jag kunde leva ett normalt liv, om det blev med eller utan tennis spelade ingen roll.

Hur tänker du kring det i dag?

–Jag ska göra allt för att komma tillbaka, sen får det krävas hur många försök som helst. Men jag tänker inte stressa utan det får ta den tid det gör.

Samtidigt finns det förmodligen någon form av tidsgräns efter vilken det blir svårt att nå toppen igen och även om Robin tidigare svarat för mycket starka återkomster efter långa skadeuppehåll – knä och handled – är situationen annorlunda nu.

–Då kunde jag ju ändå träna på så mycket annat. När man är slutkörd orkar man ingenting.

Hur orolig är du för att inte kunna spela mer?

– Jag försöker att inte oroa mig eftersom det inte gör saker bättre utan kanske till och med kan förvärra.

–Däremot inser jag att det kan vara så eller att jag mår tillräckligt bra först om tre år och att det då kan vara för sent.

–Om det mot förmodan blir så kommer jag inte att bryta ihop, försäkrar den tidigare världsfyran som varit uppe i två Grand Slam-finaler och som var tourens hetaste spelare i början på förra året då han tog tre titlar på de fyra första turneringarna.

Men Robin väljer att titta varken bakåt eller framåt utan tar en dag i taget.

Berätta hur du fyller alla de där timmarna som tidigare var uppbokade av tävling, träning, resor, presskonferenser, sponsorträffar och annat som hör tennisen till.

–Vi (Robin och flickvännen Jenni) har köpt en hundvalp så då kommer man ut på många promenader. Det är en malteser som är fem månader och heter Sixten.

Sixten?

–Jag tycker det är ett coolt namn.

–Jag läser mycket böcker, mest om näringslära och fysiologi. Och så har jag börjat lägga pussel. Det är världens bästa tidsfördriv och verkligen bra för att träna tålamodet, ibland tar det flera timmar innan man hittar den där jäkla biten, haha.

Ser du tennis på tv och/eller hänger med vad som händer med din ranking och på touren?

–Jag såg finalen i Melbourne och Davis Cup-dubbeln på tv men det är allt. Men nej, jag surfar inte på ATP:s hemsida för att kolla ranking och sådant och det gjorde jag inte tidigare heller.

Roger Federer hade körtelfeber 2007 och kände sig kraftlös även året efter – har du snackat med honom eller någon annan idrottare som haft körtelfeber?

–Nej. Jag vet ju ändå inte om det är sjukdomen eller att jag körde på så hårt då jag hade den som är problemet.

Även om han försvunnit från rampljuset får Robin Söderling dagligen bevis på sin popularitet.

–Det är många som bryr sig och folk jag möter säger att de saknar mig och önskar lycka till. Det värmer verkligen.

Inne på den fullsatta bistron är det många som sneglar bort mot Robin, några viskar eller pekar men van vid betydligt större uppmärksamhet än så tar Robin situationen med ro.

Under den timmeslånga intervjun har han rakt upp och ner och utan att beklaga sig på ”tyck-synd-om-mig-sättet” berättat om sina problem men på frågan hur det går med hans stiftelse för sjuka och utsatta barn blir Robin mer känslosam.

–Vi var på besök på Drottning Silvias barnsjukhus i Göteborg och träffade många barn som var svårt sjuka och en del hade varit där sedan de föddes.

–Samtidigt som det är svårt att se barn i en sådan situation blir man stärkt av att se hur positiva de är. Man får perspektiv på sina egna problem säger Robin Söderling.

http://www.svd.se/sport/jag-ska-gora-allt-for-att-komma-tillbaka_6863071.svd

sunzhewyq
02-19-2012, 12:17 PM
hope the title is the true purport of this article.

how can i accept this thing, although i had enough preparations for all kinds of decision he will make...

MaxPower
02-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Says he needs a long time to recover only after 20 minutes of light training, jogging at a snail's pace. I have been optimistic before, but this sounds really bad. The only thing going for Robin is that he still seems motivated to come back, if possible.

Yeah exactly. I had no idea it was THAT bad.

I was also optimistic but I thought the recovery had progressed further in 6-7 months. I mean how bad was it before that? He only managed 10 mins of jogging sometimes? Sadly I think the season is all but done unless there is some miracle.

Orka_n
02-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Yes the situation does still look bad, but Robin himself seems to have accepted it. I imagine he is relieved to have recovered even to this stage - after all, he says that at one point he was afraid he was never going to live a normal life again. That really puts everything in perspective.

As for his future in tennis, this really is tragic but at least he has not lost his passion for the game like Borg did. The tour is suffering too. It has lost one of the few players able to make a tournament interesting by defeating top names. But no matter how this turns out, I've been a Robin fan from the start and am still proud of him because he is doing his best. Good luck in recovering, Robin. And continue being patient.

superganon
02-19-2012, 10:21 PM
omg this aint good. after this article i feel we have to hope he comes back sometime this year! poor robin :( hope he will be better SOON!

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Very sad to hear this about Robin :( I miss him a lot. I think that he would give any of the Top 4 players a run for their money in the Slams this year, if he was in form and healthy.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Its very weird that he hasnt been on tour lately, i hope he will be ok:sad:

DanaKz
02-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Too bad

MaxPower
02-20-2012, 08:51 PM
More news. http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article14404297.ab

Just says he's down to #24 now and will likely be #32 in a week when Marseilles is officially updated.

That is ofc the cutoff for being seeded in Grand Slam tournaments. Unless he makes the miracle recovery for he will be unseeded in French Open. If he isn't back for French Open he will only have 90p from Wimbledon and 250p from Båstad and out of top100 even.

340p would right now be good for around #150 in the rankings.

So as you understand, IF he doesn't return for clay season he must use protected ranking.

Q. What is a protected ranking and who is eligible?
A. A player may petition the Executive Chairman & President for an Entry Protection when he is physically injured and does not compete in any tennis event for a minimum period of six months. The written petition must be received within six months of his last tournament.

The Entry Protection shall be a position in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, as determined by the player's average South African Airways ATP Rankings position during the first three months of his injury. The Entry Protection shall be for entry into the main draw or qualifying competition or for special exempt consideration. The Entry Protection shall not be used for seeding purposes, Lucky Loser consideration or for entry into the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

The Entry Protection shall be in effect for either the first nine tournaments that the player competes in using the Entry Protection (excluding wild cards and entries as a Direct Acceptance with his current position in the South African Airways ATP Rankings) or for the period up to nine months beginning with the first tennis event that the player competes in, whichever occurs first.

The first three months should be sept-nov in his case and the average will be around #8-#9 so that gives him an excellent window of 9 tournaments over 9 months. Sadly it can't be used for seeding but it is what it is.

6 months have already passed now from his last tournament so does anyone know if he even applied?

AgnRus
02-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Don't worry Max, Robin will get as much wild cards in the tournaments, as he needs. Every tournament director will be happy to see him. This is not a problem, if he still be able to come back to the tour.
And infortunately, Robin is unlikely to come back before the date when he becomes an inactive player on the ATP site.

Fidde says the most important thing is patience. First, he (Robin) should not rush forward. He can only hope that the future could increase the dose (training) gradually. Health is priority one.

I agree.

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-21-2012, 03:51 AM
Poor Robin :hug: He was the only one who stood up to both Federer and Nadal on the grandest stages of the sport before Djoker 2.0 emerged. It is very sad to see him missing from the game for so long :(

FlameOn
02-21-2012, 03:58 AM
More news. http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article14404297.ab

Just says he's down to #24 now and will likely be #32 in a week when Marseilles is officially updated.

That is ofc the cutoff for being seeded in Grand Slam tournaments. Unless he makes the miracle recovery for he will be unseeded in French Open. If he isn't back for French Open he will only have 90p from Wimbledon and 250p from Båstad and out of top100 even.

340p would right now be good for around #150 in the rankings.

So as you understand, IF he doesn't return for clay season he must use protected ranking.

The first three months should be sept-nov in his case and the average will be around #8-#9 so that gives him an excellent window of 9 tournaments over 9 months. Sadly it can't be used for seeding but it is what it is.

6 months have already passed now from his last tournament so does anyone know if he even applied?
You'd think French Open would be out of the question wouldn't you? :scratch:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-21-2012, 04:00 AM
Oh no Robin:hug: :hug: :smooch:

Wow, just wow...

MaxPower
02-21-2012, 06:19 AM
Del Potro used protected ranking after his injury nightmare. It's stupid not to. It's his right as a player so why not?

Sure he can probably get WCs but why even bother when he can have guaranteed entry into 9 tournaments using his former rank. Also for bigger tournaments like slams the WCs are very limited. Nothing is guaranteed at all especially not if it takes more months.

Look at Haas who right now is at the ranking Soderling will have after FO. He's a former world nr2 and he isn't getting much love. In 2009 he pushed eventual champ Federer to 5 sets, reached SF in Wimbledon and grabbed a title. In 2011 he could still get some WCs but it's getting tougher for him and now he has to qualify for even 250s.

Just saying it's tough out there and being a former #4 doesn't mean much. Ofc he is always guaranteed WCs in Båstad and Stockholm even if it takes 3 years but he's not getting any younger. If he wants to return to top10/top20 level I think something must happen this season

Ausie
02-21-2012, 07:44 AM
9 tournaments using his former rank, their use will only Grand Slam tournaments and the Masters. On all the other tournaments he will given the wild card, in principle, to any tournament Robin will get the wild card. Haas is not a good example, because it is in my memory he only one time did not given a wild card, but he misses a lot of tournaments because of various injuries.

MaxPower
02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
yeah I just grabbed a recent example of a former star not getting WCs. Question is still: Why not use protected ranking? It's not like Del Potro needed it either with the same reasoning. It's a nice thing. Why use WCs when you don't need to. I hope he applied

nadejda
02-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Robin, I am so so sad to hear this :sad:
please, get well soon :hug: we need you :bigcry:

AgnRus
02-22-2012, 02:38 AM
OMG, nobody says that Robin did not have to use a protected ranking, but it will be not enough.

MaxPower
02-22-2012, 05:40 PM
not gonna be anything other interesting to discuss is there? :shrug: I really want to know. Robin hasn't had an "injury" like in normal case but I know Serena for example had her blood cloth in the lung thing and was granted it. Probably more sickness than injury.

I also think as long as you applied it can take up to two years before you actually do your first tournament and you still get 9 months and 9 tournaments

matters a lot if it becomes as serious as the interview hinted. Otherwise he could be Swedens new Pim Pim and just do his occasional Stockholm Open. I would hate for Robins career to end that way

AgnRus
02-22-2012, 06:45 PM
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Soderling/12-2.jpg

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Soderling/13.jpg

But I really don't know if Robin can be considered as equivalent to "injured" player or not.:shrug:
By the way, he had not received a penalty for the Rotterdam , so ..... probably he can.

these ATP rules are so confusing:mad:

dabeast
02-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Terrible news. Robin is a terrific ball-striker and great to watch. The game needs him back badly. But hope he gets back to full health first, most important. All the best for him on and off-court. He's got an amazing attitude and i'm pulling for this guy.

MaxPower
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
But I really don't know if Robin can be considered as equivalent to "injured" player or not.:shrug:
By the way, he had not received a penalty for the Rotterdam , so ..... probably he can.

these ATP rules are so confusing:mad:

nice find :yeah: Seems ATP actually has 3 years to activate the protection and not 2 like it seemed to be for WTA. But what a nightmare if it takes that long. Maybe Robin has figured that he really wants to be 100% for that reason too, because once he does his first tournament the time starts ticking. Also it seems like WCs dont count as a protection entry so he can use WCs too and make the protection last even longer (if needed)

Joachim Johansson rushed with his comeback and paid for it as he got re-injured and got all kinds of problems and eventually ran out of all protection.

Soderling seems to be learning from Ancic and maybe Johansson by really taking his time and be patient despite the snail-speed recovery. He's not rushing for some appearance fee or gambling to save his ranking. This means he probably will have a looooong time of WCs and protections when he gets back so he doesn't have to feel any pressure at all like some players do after injury.

He's only 27 after all and if he can comeback sometime in the coming 12 months it's no total panic. But the sooner the better

Btw big thumbs up to all the people dropping by and giving support. Seems Soderling is pretty missed on the tour after all :worship:

Stronga23
02-27-2012, 04:02 PM
nice find :yeah: Seems ATP actually has 3 years to activate the protection and not 2 like it seemed to be for WTA. But what a nightmare if it takes that long. Maybe Robin has figured that he really wants to be 100% for that reason too, because once he does his first tournament the time starts ticking. Also it seems like WCs dont count as a protection entry so he can use WCs too and make the protection last even longer (if needed)

Joachim Johansson rushed with his comeback and paid for it as he got re-injured and got all kinds of problems and eventually ran out of all protection.

Soderling seems to be learning from Ancic and maybe Johansson by really taking his time and be patient despite the snail-speed recovery. He's not rushing for some appearance fee or gambling to save his ranking. This means he probably will have a looooong time of WCs and protections when he gets back so he doesn't have to feel any pressure at all like some players do after injury.

He's only 27 after all and if he can comeback sometime in the coming 12 months it's no total panic. But the sooner the better

Btw big thumbs up to all the people dropping by and giving support. Seems Soderling is pretty missed on the tour after all :worship:

I miss Robin so much :sad:. Keep working hard Soderking we miss you and need you back. I know how tough it is to not have your favorite player not in action its really tough.

MaxPower
03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Soderling is officially out of Indian Wells/Miami I take? After the interview i sort of threw in the towel for them and most of the clay season too.

Also what a shame if he ends up missing the olympics :( he was only 23 last time in 2008 and hadn't had his big break that came in 2009. So I think he looked forward to the 2012 games

AgnRus
03-02-2012, 03:15 AM
After the interview i sort of threw in the towel for them and most of the clay season too.

as usual you are so optimistic :eek:

sunzhewyq
03-02-2012, 05:25 AM
as usual you are so optimistic :eek:

So you mean all his career:eek:

AgnRus
03-02-2012, 05:38 AM
So you mean all his career:eek:

No, but i think Robin is unlikely will play until the fall, maybe will not play all this year.

I could be wrong of course.:rolleyes:
We'll see.

sunzhewyq
03-02-2012, 07:13 AM
No, but i think Robin is unlikely will play until the fall, maybe will not play all this year.

I could be wrong of course.:rolleyes:
We'll see.

the reason i worked for a tennis media is hoping i can have a chance to meet him maybe on a press conference:confused:....but it seems will not happen this year...

AgnRus
03-02-2012, 07:25 AM
the reason i worked for a tennis media is hoping i can have a chance to meet him maybe on a press conference:confused:....but it seems will not happen this year...

Why he should now hold a press conference? He said a lot at the last SvD interview. He is too far from the game form and just had nothing to add.:shrug:

sunzhewyq
03-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Why he should now hold a press conference? He said a lot at the last SvD interview. He is too far from the game form and just had nothing to add.:shrug:

I mean a after-match conference......when i took this job, robin has not gotten illness

AgnRus
03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I mean a after-match conference......when i took this job, robin has not gotten illness

Sorry, I just don't properly understand your previous post. Are you mean the China Open ?

MaxPower
03-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't know. For Ancic it was the same that he was super-tired but then when it let up he fought back quite fast. Mono hit him early 2007 and he played through it in Rotterdam and got a similar total breakdown like Robin. By US Open the same year he was back. By October he reached Masters QF. In Marseilles 2008 he reached the final despite also been suffering a stomach virus losing 9kgs in addition to mono. By Wimbledon he was right back at top20 but then the mono returned.

I think Soderling is closer to comeback than his interview might hint but it wouldn't be that stupid to wait until the US Open series either where he can go in without anything to defend and a ranking so low that any win at all would be a big boost.

But in my dream 2012 scenario he sees a breakthrough in the recovery and comes back for Madrid and Rome and then plays the golden trifecta of RG/Wimbledon and Olympics.

Most reasonable case might be returning for either Båstad in July or Stockholm Open in October depending on which one he is ready for. Then he can stay home and workout and get all kinds of special perks and training help as he got home advantage and will get everything he asks for.

Worst case he calls of the season. Then I feel career could be over because if the progress isn't enough in a full year to even attempt a comeback he probably never should, for his own health's sake

sunzhewyq
03-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I just don't properly understand your previous post. Are you mean the China Open ?

it's ok. perhaps my english made you confused.
yes, ChinaOpen and Shanghai Masters

sunzhewyq
03-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Robin Soderling: Still out of action? – Tennis Special

It has been a long time since the Swede tennis ace, Robin Soderling, was seen in action on a tennis court. The former world number four is reckoned to be one of the finest tennis players in the world at the present but his illness has sidelined him from professional tennis circuit for a fairly long time. The 27-year-old tennis icon was stung by mononucleosis last summer and is still battling with the disease to regain his health.

Soderling was on top of his tennis career last year, reaching the fourth spot in the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) World Rankings in January but his absence from the courts has thrown him to number 24 by now. The top Swede player is very well known for his resilient game play and high spirit in the contest. His absence is missed by a huge fan base but it seems like he will remain aloof from the tennis courts for quite some time. Soderling was about to make his return in February but was hindered by his persistent illness.

He wrote on his facebook page: “I was hoping to be ready for tournaments in February but unfortunately I am not there yet. The good news is that the symptoms of the mono like sore throat and fever are gone, but for some reason my body still cannot handle intense training, I get very tired when I do something physical. I am working with my medical team to understand why and what the next step is.”

Fans are rather curious as if what’s taking so long for Soderling to get physically fit? A mere illness might not stop such a world class athlete to remain out of action for such long time. Well, only a few are aware of the severity of mononucleosis disease, otherwise none would have raised such question. People suffering from the so called “kissing disease” are strictly prohibited to pay any kind of sports because there are great chances that the spleen may grow larger or even burst. So tennis fans better stop getting agitated on Soderling’s lay-off and pray for him to get well soon.

It was January last year when the Swede tennis ace got off to a blistering start to the new season at Brisbane International as the world number five. He overwhelmed America’s top ranked competitor, Andy Roddick, in the final round to claim the title and the world number four spot from Andy Murray. Soderling had a decent run in the Australian Open voyage and lasted until the fourth round before suffering stunning defeat at the hands of Alexandr Dolgopolov in a classic five-setter.

The then number four, Soderling, won back-to-back championship titles in Rotterdam and Marseille to strengthen his position in the men’s rankings. He had decent runs in the later tournaments, including the Roland Garros and the Wimbledon Championships, making to the quarter-final rounds on most occasions but not getting more titles under his belt. He finally registered a thumping victory over David Ferrer in the final of an ATP World Tour 250 event in Bastad but unfortunately, it was the last time we saw the ever-smiling Swede in action.

Soderling missed out the rest of the professional circuit, sitting at home and waiting to get 100 per cent fit to play again. He needs to plan his comeback very carefully as any hastiness in coming back on courts might prove career threatening for him. The Swede hopes it will take him another month before he starts his training on tennis courts and we all hope we see him back in action pretty soon. Get well soon Robin!

http://blogs.bettor.com/Robin-Soderling-Still-out-of-action-Tennis-Special-a130983

Actually nothing new!

AgnRus
03-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Robin is absent in the list of Barcelona (April 23-29), ​​which means he still has no plans to play yet :sad: It's very bad, and in fact there is no reason to believe that his situation is getting better...
Robin is probably now in the U.S. (reasons? i don't know), his fitness coach is busy on another project in Sweden, so it is unlikely he is close to comeback...

DanaKz
03-14-2012, 04:34 AM
*sigh*

MaxPower
03-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Maybe he's in the US to see a specialist. Whatever advice the doctors in Sweden are giving doesn't seem to help.

Robin strikes me as a very stubborn person. So I doubt he hangs up the racket without trying everything, and I mean everything.

Oh yeah and you are right about his fitness coach Ali. Seems to be involved in a little company where they hire out their expertise in Stockholm. 60 min with Ali for 975kr

But yes bad sign for sure

Naudio Spanlatine
03-22-2012, 01:02 AM
This is not sounding good at all, really sad day for tennis, he might retire just like Gonzo, Ljubucic which is just wow absolutely sad:sad:

I hope and pray that he will get better real soon and that God will bless him and heal him.:hug: :hug:

FlameOn
03-22-2012, 01:22 AM
This is not sounding good at all, really sad day for tennis, he might retire just like Gonzo, Ljubucic which is just wow absolutely sad:sad:

I hope and pray that he will get better real soon and that God will bless him and heal him.:hug: :hug:
Yeah but Gonzo and Ljubo have finished their careers while Robin got mono at his peak.

Naudio Spanlatine
03-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Yeah but Gonzo and Ljubo have finished their careers while Robin got mono at his peak.

Yea i know but its still sad to see those two go you know, its not gonna be easy to see them go but i guess they do need to end their careers:awww: :sad:

MaxPower
03-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Wilander has started up a new project for talents in Sweden and Söderlings coach Rosengren is put in charge of it. Another sign that Söderling's comeback is far away/career over. On the otherhand Rosengren is sort of a tennis addict and would never pass on something like that.

Wilander also had a little analysis about Söderling and what he has meant to swedish tennis
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article14550243.ab

Basically states that Söderling held together swedish tennis and that his success the last years brought so many new kids to start playing that it secured the future of Swedish tennis. Says that Söderling meant more in that way than himself and Edberg

It's true I guess and if he retires that's always a nice legacy to have. Unless a miracle happens it will be the first time in like 40 years that Sweden won't have a single top100 player and in some sense Robin will be the last in a magical run of swedish top players.

So much bad luck for swedish tennis the last 5-6 year. I imagine that if Pim-pim had held together maybe Söderling had found a breakthrough earlier. And if both had remained healthy we might have looked at a golden generation doing well in DC and having two very stable top20 players much like Serbia. Now with some horrible twists the best swedish player is Ryderstedt down at 331.

sunzhewyq
03-23-2012, 06:07 AM
sigh

AgnRus
03-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Soderling's agent Nina takes maternity leave (happy for her and Ervin Eleskovic :)).Scott Horner now manages all aspects of Robin.
I hope he will bring more luck to Robin.

nalbyfan
03-24-2012, 01:36 PM
A mono is not a valuable reason to retire at the age of 26. It must be something else, don't know why but mono is far, far behind him now

nadejda
03-24-2012, 08:25 PM
he will come back

he will...

C'mon Robin!

MaxPower
03-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Confirmed no Estoril, Monte Carlo or Barcelona for Robin. Expected.

Small small slimmer of hope for Madrid and Rome but ah well. It is what it is.

A mono is not a valuable reason to retire at the age of 26. It must be something else, don't know why but mono is far, far behind him now

Haven't this been explained already? what about Ancic that was still suffering mono-outbreaks 2 years after . He was even younger than Robin when this happened (they are the same age actually)
As long as people don't get stupid and jump on rumors like the doping conspiracy story it's alright but mono can be a bitch and once Soderling got sick it felt like either comeback in a month or a long term nightmare. Sadly it became the latter.

I think he will try a comeback just like Ancic did. Question is when and how it turns out. But I'm 95% convinced we will see him play again

nalbyfan
03-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Ancic didn't retire because of mono but because of a chronic back problem. Moreover it's not impossible to suffer mono outbreaks 2 years after. When a mono is over, it's over definively, believe me I had it, it's nothing more than a sore throat. So please, stop telling Ancic retired because of mono, it's not true. Robin could have another more serious virus than mono ?

AgnRus
03-27-2012, 03:53 PM
your mono case is not equal Robin's case, can you understand?you was lucky, but he does not.Many people suffering from mono for six months or more, and told that it was a real nightmare.moreover, don't compare your normal life with loads of professional athletes,it's stupid.Robin can live a normal life, and if he was, for example, a clerk, he would have forgotten about the effects of disease some months ago.
and yes, mono was one of the reasons for Ancic's retirement . Not single, but one of the reasons.

MaxPower
04-01-2012, 05:23 AM
just noticed Soderling sent this on twitter some days ago

Robin Söderling ‏ @RSoderling
@andyroddick Well done Andy. Great stuff!

They probably have a pact against Federer considering the H2Hs :)

sunzhewyq
04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Swedes use centre ahead of Olympics

Published on Monday 19 March 2012 12:00

EASTBOURNE is looking forward to welcoming the Swedish Olympic tennis team this summer as they choose the south coast destination for their official Pre-2012 Games Training Camp.

The International Lawn Tennis Centre (ILTC), an official 2012 training venue and home of the AEGON International Tennis Championships, will be used by four Swedish players and their captains in the days leading up to the 2012 Games.

The team, which includes Johanna Larsson, Sofia Arvidsson, Robert Lindstedt and Robin Söderling, two times French Open finalist, will practise on the show courts at the ILTC in Eastbourne’s Devonshire Park as well as make use of the state-of-the-art Sports Science Centre at the University of Brighton.

Councillor Neil Stanley said, “We are absolutely delighted that the Swedish Olympic tennis team has chosen to train here in Eastbourne for the biggest sporting event this country has ever seen.

“The International Lawn Tennis Centre hosts players from across the globe each year for the AEGON International Tennis Championships just before Wimbledon.

“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to host the Swedish team here in the days just before the 2012 Games.

“I am confident Eastbourne will give them a world class welcome.”

The Swedish tennis team visited Eastbourne in January to view the training facilities at the seaside destination, including the cutting edge fitness suite at the Eastbourne campus of the University of Brighton.

With Eastbourne just 90 minutes from London by train and with close links to Gatwick, the town proved a hit with the team, who are all expected to compete at the Olympic Games this summer.

The Swedish tennis team will train in Eastbourne for four days leading up to the 2012 Games Opening Ceremony, staying in town in late July.
-----------------------------------------------------------

AgnRus
04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
It was planned in January, Jonathan. it's unlikely that this option is still relevant for Robin.

sunzhewyq
04-11-2012, 01:12 AM
It was planned in January, Jonathan. it's unlikely that this option is still relevant for Robin.

:sad:

AgnRus
04-12-2012, 04:01 AM
Robin out from Madrid Open.

MaxPower
04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
After Rome his ranking will be true crap.

Anyway about the olympics: Lindstedt (current top10 doubles player) has yet to announce his doubles partner. Aspelin (silver medalist together with Johansson in Beijing 2008) has quit and so has Johansson obviously. Lindstedt played doubles with Soderling before including reaching a final and they know each other pretty well.

I think there is a small possibility if Robin isn't recovered enough for singles by the olympics he will at least play the doubles together with Lindstedt. I got a feeling Lindstedt really wants that and with Robins big serve and big returns it could work out. Doubles is much less demanding.

Not want to get anyones hopes up but yes last time I heard Lindstedt talking about his future partner he for the olympics he sounded so mysterious I can only interpret that as he wants to wait for Soderling. We'll see

I remember this classic point
LbSS30J007M

Olympics is only every 4 years so I do think that he might give doubles a shot and maybe make the singles comeback in a smaller tournament like Båstad.

Obviously I hope he comes back for singles for RG but have to be realistic here :)

AgnRus
04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
big serve and big returns? forget about it until the times when he will recover completely.
I'm wondering why people, reading that the main problem of Robin is the weakness and the lack of energy, continue to think that his serve remains the same as before the illness.:rolleyes:

Great point in this video, by the way.Dima and Misha are my favorites too (besides, they are my countrymen :lol:), but in this match I was so happy for Robin :worship:.

AZ-12
04-12-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm taking any opportunity for something positive, so just a sign indicating that Robert and Robin plays doubles in the olympics is good news to me. If it turns out to be the first competitive match for him, I agree that the level wouldn't likely be very high, but just to see Robin back in action would be great - even if losing badly in the first round.

MaxPower
04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
In the doubles competitions, twenty four teams will automatically qualify as per the rankings on 11 June 2012, subject to a maximum of two teams per nation. Players in the top ten of the doubles rankings can reserve a place, provided they have a partner to compete with. The remaining eight teams will be decided by the ITF's Olympic Committee.

Meaning that unless Lindstedt breaks into the top10 (just noticed he slipped to 11) his only choice might be getting Soderling as they would surely get one of the 8 remaning spots.

But yeah I agree with AZ-12 it would be cool to see him in action even if they lose the 1st round. Olympics is only every 4 years. Slams? 4 every year.

Last time Soderlings big fail in the Beijing Olympics (straight-seted by Gilles Simon) left him very very disappointed. It was one of the main reasons together with the USO fail that he broke with his coach and got Magnus Norman as coach.

Next chance he will be 31. I'm still hoping for a miracle

FlameOn
04-13-2012, 02:33 AM
I welcome him having a go at Olympics doubles. Nothing to lose, at least for him.

emotion
04-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Watch it be Prpic :(

AgnRus
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Robin pulls out from Rome too...

FlameOn
04-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Hot off the press!

http://distilleryimage6.instagram.com/7bb4804285d611e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

AgnRus
04-14-2012, 02:33 AM
great photo. and he is still in San Francisco.

FlameOn
04-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Mmm that photo is pretty yum actually :bounce:.

sammy01
04-14-2012, 03:11 AM
he is looking sexy, is he ever coming back :sad:

nalbyfan
04-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Will he play RG ???

MaxPower
04-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Will he play RG ???

Robin pulls out from Rome too...

13.05.2012 Internazionali BNL d'Italia
Rome, Italy

27.05.2012 Roland Garros
Paris, France

Time is not on his side. He could ofc show up and lose just for those 18K euros but something tells me he doesn't need the money.

Anyone knows anything about his recovery? US trip is only vacation or? not heard much news at all. I expect swedish media will flip out a bit when the Rome points come off and sweden stand without a top100 player for the first time in decades. That will surely lead to a Robin interview. We'll see

AgnRus
04-16-2012, 03:36 AM
when the Rome points come off and sweden stand without a top100 player for the first time in decades.
after Rome Robin will be around 70 places in the ranking (700 pts = RG+Wim+Bastad). the top 100 he will leave after losing Roland Garros's points. The most amazing thing that a week before he becomes an inactive player (if he still will not play), he will still be the best Swede in the rankings (due Bastad).

AgnRus
04-16-2012, 05:26 AM
According to Jenni's tweets, they are now in Los Angeles. And they had a dinner with Fishes and the soon to be married Gimelstobs.
(for those who still think that Robin does not communicate with anyone :p )

Naudio Spanlatine
04-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Ok does anyone know how is robin so far, this is really getting worrying to me, is he getting treatment, seeing somebody, i really dont know:sobbing::sad:

sunzhewyq
04-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Ok does anyone know how is robin so far, this is really getting worrying to me, is he getting treatment, seeing somebody, i really dont know:sobbing::sad:

don't know either...but it looks he is happy with his current life from his pictures...:)

AgnRus
04-17-2012, 05:03 PM
some words about Mario Ancic.

Fourteen months after retiring because of a back injury and illness at the age of 26, Mario Ancic is slowly adjusting to life away from tennis.

For the past year, he's worked for Savoric & Partners, a law firm in Zagreb, Croatia. Ancic earned his law degree in 2008.

"Obviously it was a change in the beginning to get used to the everyday routine, but thank God I graduated from law school and have an occupation that I enjoy," Ancic said. "You take the mindset off tennis and try to put it into something else. Tennis was a huge part of my life and always will be, but you have to go forward and do what you're put into and go as strong as you did when you played."

Ancic, a Wimbledon semifinalist in 2004 who later reached a high of No. 7, was struck down by mononucleosis while playing his best tennis in 2007. He was never the same player. Apart from the back, he was hampered by knee and shoulder problems, too.

He says he's still not 100 percent physically.

"I feel OK," Ancic added. "I still hit once in a while, a bit with friends to break a sweat. It could be worse."

Ancic spoke with his former coach, Fredrik Rosengren, over Easter, and the pair discussed the plight of Rosengren's current pupil, two-time French Open finalist Robin Soderling. Mono has sidelined Soderling since July.

"Freddie and I are great friends," Ancic said. "I gave him all my knowledge and told him that if Robin needs anything he can call me directly. He has my number and I'm there to help as much as I can. The only thing I can do is pray for him and hope he gets well because he's a great tennis player."

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/7819475/tennis-lot-proud-ivan-ljubicic

...he's still not 100 percent physically, what a nightmare...poor Mario...:sadface:

and everyone can read today's tweets of Thomas Johansson.
on the question : "soderling training again?" Thomas said : "Unfortunately not yet."
another quote : "I really hope Robin is coming back but first he needs to get well...."

sorry for bad news, but it's reality :sad:

FlameOn
04-17-2012, 07:31 PM
^ Thanks for that. Poor Mario :sad:.

MaxPower
04-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Ancic was a cool player and seems to be a nice person too.

This is post-mono Ancic in Miami 2008:

O3ZuwZ68ZLM

Ancic was still good after mono and as you see he still got his big serve and forehand. But all the injuries took their toll. He had problems with the shoulder, back, knees among other things. It was a combination of everything. Possibly he rushed back a little quickly and pushed himself to hard too leading to those injuries. 6 months in bed weaken the body something immense but Ancic was back fairly fast.

There is still hope for Robin to play great tennis and he's really giving it time. He must be smart with his scheduling when/if he comes back

Naudio Spanlatine
04-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Robin and Mario:sobbing: :sobbing:

sunzhewyq
04-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Robin replied some fans' Tweet....any one got the lucky???

AgnRus
04-28-2012, 07:10 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/RSoderling/status/196272238473912321

And for you asking, I promise you that I'm working every day to get healthy again and I really want to come back on stage in front of you

FlameOn
04-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Aw, nice tweet :bigclap:

MaxPower
05-02-2012, 09:10 PM
from the main boards:

Who 'Deserves' A Slam More - Andy Murray or Robin Soderling?

View Poll Results: Who?
Andy Murray 42 40.00%
Robin Soderling 63 60.00%

Dunno if that means people like Soderling or just hate Murray. Maybe both :D

Anyway nice to see Robin is starting to use twitter and facebook more. Remember I asked for that many months ago so I'm happy we might finally get a good status update from the man himself. Been 10 months now...

AgnRus
05-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Yes, it's certainly good that Robin is now in contact with his fans. But to be honest, I would have preferred to hear that Robin is training again. That would be the best news, but unfortunately such news are absent and I suspect they will be absent for a long time.

AgnRus
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
From Robin's twitter:

Just want to grab one of these friends and hit some balls. Happy weekend to you all

https://p.twimg.com/AsEUzpJCMAEBRzK.jpg

nice to hear!:cheerleader:

FlameOn
05-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Awesome :cheerleader:.

sunzhewyq
05-05-2012, 12:36 AM
LOL! Nice!:tennis::cheerleader:

minh
05-05-2012, 01:04 AM
:bounce: Robin :hug:,I miss him so much, i wonder what he is doing now? when he comes back?? :sad:

DanaKz
05-05-2012, 06:57 AM
:bounce::woohoo::cheerleader:

FlameOn
05-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Seems to me like he wanted to let us fans know that he's feeling even just a bit better. I don't think he would've posted that if he didn't 'cause he'd get everyone's hopes up :woohoo:.

AgnRus
05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Tournament organizers of Båstad don't expect that Robin will be ready for the tournament (July 9-15).

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/ramos-klar-for-bastad_sto3265666/story.shtml

MaxPower
05-11-2012, 05:20 PM
urgh going to be a rough Båstad when Albert Ramos is presented as an "exciting newcomer" :facepalm: Mostly remember him for being straight-seted by Robin in RG R64 last year. Ah well at least Ferrer, Berdy and Mugro are back. I'm liking them more and more for every passing season.

btw, Jarko Nieminen is now the highest ranked male player from the nordic countries :sad:

AgnRus
05-11-2012, 05:55 PM
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hoppet-om-os-finns-for-robin-soderling/

strange article to be honest. No one knows the status of Robin today, but they hope that the Olympics may be his first tournament for a long time.:shrug:

but yes, it would be so great if he would be ready to play for the Olympics. well, he still has 2.5 months till Olympics,let's hope Robin will be able to return to competitive form during this period.

FlameOn
05-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I'll be skeptical that he comes back in 2012. Then again Olympics could be a good way to test the waters and it would be an honour for him to play I'm sure :cool:.