Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

*Ljubica*
11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
He looked and sounded very nervous in his pre-match interview :sad:

Aaric
11-28-2009, 08:53 PM
OMG A FORUM, A FORUM YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :rocker2:
Let´s inaugurate it with a win tonight !!!

Winnipeg
11-28-2009, 09:01 PM
1-0 Robin....good start! :P haha

Nolby
11-28-2009, 09:18 PM
1-0 Robin....good start! :P haha

Hi all,

:wavey:

3-2 Robin on serve. This looks like another tough match. I am praying Robin gets a break and no more first set tiebreakers. :lol:

*Ljubica*
11-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi Tim :wavey: I'm not so comfortable with Robin's serve tonight. He seems to be making a lot of unforced errors and his serve is just a little wild - must be nerves I guess.

SweTennis
11-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Just telling that I created a new forum some minutes ago for live scoring. So go there and post now.

Nolby
11-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi Tim :wavey: I'm not so comfortable with Robin's serve tonight. He seems to be making a lot of unforced errors and his serve is just a little wild - must be nerves I guess.

He's hanging tough. He is giving us all heart attacks the past three matchs in the first set, Rose!

6-5... :tennis:

I'm over in SweTennis' Live Scoring thread. Bring all 5 of your cats there. :lol:

Ilovetheblues_86
11-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I reckon I would have been more happy with a victory but against the top10 its a tough job, but we can say he almost reached the final.
Now he must take a rest, forget this Del Potro match and keep the good job.
Maybe some good reception in Sweden with some comemorations and special events will keep him more happy.

MalwareDie
11-28-2009, 11:25 PM
:sad: Good luck next time Robin. I'm sure he'll beat Del Mugro's retrieving next time.

MalwareDie
11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I hope he approaches the net more next time.

Nolby
11-29-2009, 01:52 AM
I hope he approaches the net more next time.

Compared to Del Pony, he sure did. For Del Pony, talk about not having a net game. :eek:

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2140/toadpotrowtf09.jpg

Robin was 11/18 for Net Points Won, Delpo was 0/0.

MalwareDie
11-29-2009, 02:01 AM
I know that he approached more than Del Mugro. I just think that Robin should have been more aggressive because Del Mugro's movement isn't that great and more netplay would have been a good tactic.

Kolya
11-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Soderling forum :haha:

Finally...

Ilovetheblues_86
11-30-2009, 04:44 AM
I would love to see Söderling become less humble and more greedy and try to snatch another Grand Slam final next year.
If he trains very hard and put the maximum effort nect year I am sure he can make 2010 even etter than 2009.
Then again he wll need support from Jenni, his family( which I always believe he has) and always the friedship with Magnus (I believe Magnus got some motivation this year to keep traveling in tour next year).

Maybe some marriage to be planned next year could give some more motivation to search his wayy all down to top 5 ranking.

GL SODA.

Etern
11-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I been away for a few days and now that I come back I see that Söderling has his own forum :D. It almost take away some of the disappointment from his loss.

Nolby
11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I been away for a few days and now that I come back I see that Söderling has his own forum :D. It almost take away some of the disappointment from his loss.

Cool, eh?! I wish we had been able to "christen" the new Forum with a win against Del Pony in the WTF Semis. As it was, it was probably the most heart sickening loss I've experienced for some time since he had he was leading 7-6, 3-6, 4-2 and lost in a third set tiebreak. But on the bright side, the match could not have been closer, even his harshest critics are recognizing some strenths they refused to acknowledge in his game earlier, and in the last month of the season, the only losses he endured we're in matches that went the full distance to top 6 players (Nole, Kolya and Del Pony), while he beat both Nole and Rafa in straight sets in the RR matches. So there is every reason to be hopeful, and one must not overlook that Del Pony was able to finish his match with Roger on Thursday, whereas Robin had to play a tough three set match against Kolya on Friday night.

Anyone else get the feeling that if other tournaments took such a brutal format as the WTF that required players to only get 12-24 hours of rest between matches, that Kolya might really thrive in that kind of format because of his workaholic like tendencies? He finished runner-up last year to Djokovic you'll recall. I will definitely pick him again for getting far next year in the WTF if they keep this same kind of format. I'm amazed he was able to play that 3 setter against Robin on Friday night and then come out and beat a well rested Fed on Saturday afternoon. But then he has always been a player that kept his ranking high by playing in more tournaments than any of the other players and he has been quoted as saying he needs to play all the time for his rhythm. Most players need time to recuperate as a higher priority.

Rob-ic
11-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi everybody. My first post in here. Have followed Söderling for a while and now with the new forum I decided to become a member. Looking forward to Robin's 2010 season. Let's go!

*Ljubica*
11-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi everybody. My first post in here. Have followed Söderling for a while and now with the new forum I decided to become a member. Looking forward to Robin's 2010 season. Let's go!

:wavey: and welcome.

Aaric
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Welcome aboard :)

SweTennis
11-30-2009, 08:34 PM
*Non-tennis* Everybody on this forum should sign the petition called "2grader" which in English means "2degrees". You sign to "ensure that the temperature will only increase by a maximum of two degrees" among others. It's for the COP15 next week - sign to save Earth! Website: http://www.2grader.se/en/

SweTennis
11-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Has anyone got suggestions on a new thread name, different from Sodal's?

Nolby
12-01-2009, 05:22 AM
*Non-tennis* Everybody on this forum should sign the petition called "2grader" which in English means "2degrees". You sign to "ensure that the temperature will only increase by a maximum of two degrees" among others. It's for the COP15 next week - sign to save Earth! Website: http://www.2grader.se/en/

Thanks SweTennis! I signed the 2grader petition. Thanks for putting your butt on the line for the most worthy cause in our lives. :worship:

Ilovetheblues_86
12-01-2009, 05:26 AM
Whats your thread name suggestion Sodal?

Nolby
12-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Has anyone got suggestions on a new thread name, different from Sodal's?

I think we agreed that this would become the chat thread so that someone will e-mail Carlita to change the name for every upcoming tournament. So first Robin is playing the Capitala World Tennis Championship in Dubai. And then the next one is January 4th at Chennai, and then the Australian Open. So we could think of something clever for Chennai, agree on the current thread name and then someone just needs to send a PM to Carlita.

We're all a little green at doing this, and I it looks like other Player Forums have not updated yet for next years, but here are some examples:

Tsonga Forum: "The Australian Open Season 2009" [Pretty simple and direct]
Nole Forum: "Nole will have the last laugh in London! 2009 ATP World Tour Finals Cheering Thread!"

So something along those lines. If anyone gets an inspired thought specifically for the Capitala World Championships, go ahead and post it. This one looks like it will be a ton of fun. I remember it last year. Only the best players in the world participate:

http://www.capitalawtc.com/Home.aspx

http://www.capitalawtc.com/Images/Players/FedererActive.jpg?decachehttp://www.capitalawtc.com/Images/Players/NadalActive.jpg?decachehttp://www.capitalawtc.com/Images/Players/Jowilfried.jpg?decachehttp://www.capitalawtc.com/Images/Players/RobinActive.jpg?decache

Nolby
12-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Whats your thread name suggestion Sodal?

I think like other Soda fans, I am just starting to heal from that horribly close Semi-Final loss, so I don't have any inspired ideas for the Capitala World Tennis Championship or Chennai yet. We could always just call it the "Soderking Australian Open Season Cheering Thread" or something generic like that to cover those three tourneys.

Actually, we can do polls too, right? Obviously, Robin has a ton of nicknames and there is his real name that we might want to use in the thread too. I'd be interested in hearing what people prefer to call him right now. I like "Soderking" because it implies King of Earth, which is a successful and positive nickname. Obviously, these all come to mind:

Robin
Sod
Soda
Toad (I look at this as a hater's nickname, but some fans have warmed to it anyway)
Soderking

Ilovetheblues_86
12-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Since we would need a new name for every time he changes tournament and we would need to call Carlita for that, I suppose its better to call this the "Soderking Chat Thread vol.1" where we could talk about anything and maybe the livescores thread name could be changed for every tournament, since Swetennis crated, what you think?

Nolby
12-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Since we would need a new name for every time he changes tournament and we would need to call Carlita for that, I suppose its better to call this the "Soderking Chat Thread vol.1" where we could talk about anything and maybe the livescores thread name could be changed for every tournament, since Swetennis crated, what you think?

:yeah:

Spot on! That is rational thinking. Do you want to PM Carlita with the thread name change? I'm sick of looking at "soderling". :)

SweTennis, you cool with updating the Live Scoring thread title?

*Ljubica*
12-01-2009, 07:02 AM

:wavey: Just about to leave for work so not much time now, but just wanted to say I agree with that. On Nole's Forum, our Chat Thread is simply Volume, 1, 2, 3 etc, and within that the thread starter can change the main body of the title if they want. At the moment it's "What shall we do in the off-Season?" so it can be topical or doesn't need to change at all. Does that make sense? Probably not :o - it's way too early here to think clearly. OK - off to work - see you later :wavey:

Nolby
12-01-2009, 07:32 AM
:wavey: Just about to leave for work so not much time now, but just wanted to say I agree with that. On Nole's Forum, our Chat Thread is simply Volume, 1, 2, 3 etc, and within that the thread starter can change the main body of the title if they want. At the moment it's "What shall we do in the off-Season?" so it can be topical or doesn't need to change at all. Does that make sense? Probably not :o - it's way too early here to think clearly. OK - off to work - see you later :wavey:

Thanks, Rose. Our issue has always been that the "soderling" original thread starter stopped posting in 2005 (and is in red for some reason; says a lot about soderking fan struggles :lol: ). So we have to send a PM to change this thread title. So we will probably just go with "Soderking Chat Thread vol.1" and leave it at that. Our other threads are within our control. :wavey:

Etern
12-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Cool, eh?! I wish we had been able to "christen" the new Forum with a win against Del Pony in the WTF Semis. As it was, it was probably the most heart sickening loss I've experienced for some time since he had he was leading 7-6, 3-6, 4-2 and lost in a third set tiebreak. But on the bright side, the match could not have been closer, even his harshest critics are recognizing some strenths they refused to acknowledge in his game earlier, and in the last month of the season, the only losses he endured we're in matches that went the full distance to top 6 players (Nole, Kolya and Del Pony), while he beat both Nole and Rafa in straight sets in the RR matches. So there is every reason to be hopeful, and one must not overlook that Del Pony was able to finish his match with Roger on Thursday, whereas Robin had to play a tough three set match against Kolya on Friday night.

Anyone else get the feeling that if other tournaments took such a brutal format as the WTF that required players to only get 12-24 hours of rest between matches, that Kolya might really thrive in that kind of format because of his workaholic like tendencies? He finished runner-up last year to Djokovic you'll recall. I will definitely pick him again for getting far next year in the WTF if they keep this same kind of format. I'm amazed he was able to play that 3 setter against Robin on Friday night and then come out and beat a well rested Fed on Saturday afternoon. But then he has always been a player that kept his ranking high by playing in more tournaments than any of the other players and he has been quoted as saying he needs to play all the time for his rhythm. Most players need time to recuperate as a higher priority.

Yes it was a brutal loss to handle. When he went up 4-2 in the third I couldn't stand still because I was so excited. But in the end I'm still happy about his tournament and year. If someone told me a year ago that he would lose in the semifinal in the year end championship then I would have been extremely happy about that. I think I'm almost as exhausted as Robin after this season, I need a break to get my energy back for next season :p

The format is perfect for Davydenko and his workoholic style. I like him and his game but I think it's a good thing that this format isn't used more often since it would feel wrong for someone to win a grand slam mostly on physic. Of course it's a big part of tennis and success in the grand slams (just look at Nadal and Djokovic) but I don't want it to be as important as in the WTF.

Ilovetheblues_86
12-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Ok, I PMed Carlita.
I hope Swetennis to update the other thread, otherwise maybe you could create a new thread, Sodal. :cool:

Carlita
12-01-2009, 11:23 AM
:wavey: here we go

Aaric
12-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Great idea :yeah:

Nolby
12-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes it was a brutal loss to handle. When he went up 4-2 in the third I couldn't stand still because I was so excited. But in the end I'm still happy about his tournament and year. If someone told me a year ago that he would lose in the semifinal in the year end championship then I would have been extremely happy about that. I think I'm almost as exhausted as Robin after this season, I need a break to get my energy back for next season :p

The format is perfect for Davydenko and his workoholic style. I like him and his game but I think it's a good thing that this format isn't used more often since it would feel wrong for someone to win a grand slam mostly on physic. Of course it's a big part of tennis and success in the grand slams (just look at Nadal and Djokovic) but I don't want it to be as important as in the WTF.

I'm trying to remember the last time I felt so depressed after a match. :sad: As a fan of Nalby, I've gotten used to some roller coaster losses, but not too many where I felt he was the equal or better player at the end of a tight match and the result wasn't reflective of his performance, but simply of him not yet believing in himself in a tough match against an in form opponent.

Del Pony proved to me during the summer season that he has icewater water in his veins when he beat Roddick 7-6 in the third set at the Legg Mason, defeated Rodick and Rafa again in Montreal in close matches and took the U.S. Open against Fed when he seemed down and out. This quality of winning tight matches when your opponent is playing at a really high level too appears to me to be the final step one needs to make to become a top 5 players. Robin is sitting on the edge of that capability right now, but still lacks the killer instinct when his foe is also bringing their "A" game. That is the one last step he needs to make. Noone blows a healthy or even slightly injured Robin away anymore. Noone must look forward to a match with him based on his results the past 8 months.

He ended the year 49-21, remarkable when you realize he began the year with a 9-10 record. That means he went 40-11 from May through the end of the year. The significant losses since the French Open Final:

L Roger Federer 4th Round, Wimbledon 4-6, 6-7(5), 6-7(5)
L Lleyton Hewitt, Cincinnatti Maters, 6-3, 6-7(8), 4-6
L Roger Federer, U.S. Open 0-6, 3-6, 7-6(6), 6-7(6)
L Nikolay Davydenko, Kuala Lampur 6-1, 6-7(1), 2-6
L Novak Djokoic, Beijing ATP500 L 3-6, 3-6
L Feliciano Lopez, Shanghai Masters 6-7(4), 3-6
L Marcos Baghdatis, SF, Stockholm Open, W/O
L Novak Djokovic, Paris Masters, 4-6, 6-1, 3-6
L Nickolay Davydenko, RR, London WTF 6-7(4), 6-4, 3-6
L Juan-Martin Del Potro, SF, London WTF 7-6(1), 3-6, 6-7(3)

Other than those 2 losses in bold and the withdrawal at the Stockholm Open which was during the period where his elbow was severely injured, Robin's performances in defeat we're against top ranked players, and he took them to their limits before losing. Every single one of those matches could have gone his way if he had come through on a few crucial points. This is great news, but rather frustrating as a fan. As well as he did this year, he was even closer to making a major breakthrough than we realize when examing these results. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So when he broke Del Pony at 4-2 in the third set, I was feeling high as a kite at the time; I expected him to close it out and could just taste the feelings of redemption for him making it to the Final. The fact that he had a loose service game right afterwards would seem to suggest he still needs to work on mental toughness in the biggest matches. But many people were predicting that Del Pony would wipe him out, and that clearly didn't happen. Nor for that matter, does any player beat him decisively anymore, including Fed. Remember Robin was a point away from a 5th set at the U.S. Open, another tough loss, and was only broken once in Fed's 6-4, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (5) victory over him at Wimbledon.

I believe the more matches he plays against the top players, the more likely he is to get over this mental blockage. Even when he defeated Nole 7-6 (5), 6-1, it is hard to ignore the fact he had three break points at 5-4 on Nole's serve and played a horrible game afterwards to lose his set points. It's just a matter of gaining some self-belief, but as a fan it is difficult to watch him outplaying the best in the world, and then playing tight when the finishing line is in sight. He is soooo close to making some major breakthroughs. Next season should be fascinating and the big question will be this: if Robin is playing a Fed, Nole or Del Pony in the last set of a tight match, and breaks to go ahead, will he be able to close out the match. If he starts doing that, we should have a great year as fans. If not, we may have to endure some more "should've won" losses which are hard to stomach. But the ATP has taken note: this guy is for real and is a mental belief away from contending for major titles. If he could just beat Fed, Nole or Del Pony 7-6 in the third set once, maybe that is all it would take. :rocker:

Nolby
12-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Ok, I PMed Carlita.
I hope Swetennis to update the other thread, otherwise maybe you could create a new thread, Sodal. :cool:

Thanks for getting this done, Saulo and Carlita! I'll keep in touch with SweTennis and we'll have the Live Score thread ready on 12/31 for the Capitala World Tennis Championship. That's the one where Soderking plays in the big opening year tourney in Dubai that invites only 6 of the top player (5 in the top 10 including Fed, Nadal, Kolya, Soderking, Tsonga and Wawrinka) on tour. The shock loss of that last match has worn off, it is time to see the unbelievable positives in a run way beyond our wildest expectations. :cool: Who would've believed he would be ranked 8th and playing in events like the World Tennis Championshps to open his year with Rafa and Fed a year ago.

*Ljubica*
12-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Rose. Our issue has always been that the "soderling" original thread starter stopped posting in 2005 (and is in red for some reason; says a lot about soderking fan struggles :lol: ). So we have to send a PM to change this thread title. So we will probably just go with "Soderking Chat Thread vol.1" and leave it at that. Our other threads are within our control. :wavey:

I see Carlita has done well :yeah: But if we wanted to avoid bothering her all the time, you could always start a brand new Chat Thread with the same name and ask her to lock/close this one :shrug: That way it would all be in our control and Admins wouldn't need to be bothered.

Ilovetheblues_86
12-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, probably the best would be to open a new chat thread and lock the old one, I agree. Then all control would be by ative users.

SweTennis
12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Sure, I can do that, only if you say me how to write the first time :P. But not expect me to do it all the time (maybe I'm away or don't have time sometimes), but I don't think that's a problem.

Nolby
12-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah, probably the best would be to open a new chat thread and lock the old one, I agree. Then all control would be by ative users.

Yea, I see the point of it. It's just that this thread has been around so long and has such a rich history. :lol: You can go through it and see his slow rise to attention, the controversial years, the years in between Wimbledon 2007 when he started to become a Top 20 player, the breakthrough season of 2009 and finally the beginning of a diverse fan following. Anyway, we could lock it up and keep it saved for historical enjoyment. I just kind of have a soft spot in my heart for it. So many people have come and gone and it tells the story of his career. :banana::sport:

Nolby
12-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Sure, I can do that, only if you say me how to write the first time :P. But not expect me to do it all the time (maybe I'm away or don't have time sometimes), but I don't think that's a problem.

Okie doke, since it was your inspiration right before the match, you get the honors. What you do to change the thread title is Edit your first post, click the "Advanced" button, and then your Title will be listed in an Editable box at the top.

If you're away or busy, it should be easy for one of us to start a second Live Scoring thread or just post in the old one until you get back. Thanks, that was a good idea on your part.

I'm glad to see the petition is getting much support since I signed it. My signature is far down the list since you posted.

duong
12-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Hi everybody :) and congratulations for the new "message board" (I must say that I've been always shocked every time I go on "Czech forum" because Stepanek doesn't have one :eek: , and not many people going in his thread actually : if anybody could also do something about it :) )

I'm not especially Söderling's fan to say the truth :p

but I've been Jenni Moström's fan :hearts: ever since I first saw her during Lyon tournament in 2008.

She looks really great :D

And I think she's taken a huge part in Robin's improvement (together with Magnus Norman probably) : I remember in Lyon when he got very angry with himself, she was smiling and laughing with a friend, supporting him very cheerfully and also a little bit laughing at him but very nicely. For sure it may have been very good for him to cool down as he needed.

And now here we are :)

I mean, I don't know but it's possible, and personally I've really "loved" her from that moment (no problem I'm married and love my wife more than any woman :lol: ).

Prettier and looking more charming and pleasant than any other player's girlfriend I saw.

Recently I've seen she's got slimmer : maybe it makes her more elegant and prettier for some, even though personally I thought she was more charming before, but then that's his/her choice :shrug: :p

I read someone saying that she was taking a "bar exam", is it a kind of "law exam" ?

Anyway what I wanted to say is that I think it might be a good idea to make a thread about Robin and Jenni's couple with some photos and news.

At least what I can say is that I would surely be interested in reading it :angel:

Ilovetheblues_86
12-02-2009, 05:39 AM

Hey duong.
There´s no doubt Jenni has a significant paper in Söderling improvement. Big support.
And I admire her a lot to. Until now I believe as Robin girlfriend she has done everything alright.

I reckon a Jenni´s thread would get a lot of nice pics. In my opinion you can create it, if you want it.

duong
12-02-2009, 06:14 AM
I reckon a Jenni´s thread would get a lot of nice pics. In my opinion you can create it, if you want it.

I don't really have photos like some of you to say the truth :o

Also to be precise, I don't think it should necessarily be a "Jenni" thread but rather about their couple (like the thread "Mirka and Roger's love affair" in Federer's forum) ... probably with some Jenni's alone photos probably ;)

Nolby
12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't really have photos like some of you to say the truth :o

Also to be precise, I don't think it should necessarily be a "Jenni" thread but rather about their couple (like the thread "Mirka and Roger's love affair" in Federer's forum) ... probably with some Jenni's alone photos probably ;)

Hi duong,

I posted a funny in the 1rst ACC thread about the 2nd round match-up between you and GOATPARERA ("two players with distinctly different styles, strengths, games and tastes" :lol: ). We've had the pleasure of discourse in GM when I was ShamWoW! I did a name change request when I decided to post seriously on the MTF.

I am a HUGE Jenni fan, and I must have 50 photos of her alone and with Robin. I was waiting for the right time to post them, and was thinking I would post them in the Robin photo thread.

Now I like your idea of the "Mirka and Roger" concept with these two. I am praying they stay together, and it is of course possible that they may get married pretty soon. Now one big reason why this could be a good thread on it's own is that Jenni takes a ton of photos of herself, things that amuse her, Robin alone, herself and Robin, and she actively posts them on Twitpic and used to do a blog. So there is always new material.

If you like, I could start a Robin and Jenni thread tomorrow and put up some great pics just of Jenni to start things out. It could have many posts because I've followed Jenni on twitter since June and she is fetching to say the least. :hearts: Add to that she is also a brainy girlfriend, and how can you not like Robin Soderling? He chooses an independent intelligent woman whereas the majority of the rest (Fed excluded; he is similar to Robin in this instance) choose supermodels or women that are not challenging mentally. I have read a Eurosport reporter's view on the brainiest players on tour, and their view is that Nole and Sod top the list. Both are fluent in multiple languages and both enjoy reading difficult novels and literature and I kow Robin loves his laptop.

Yes, Jenni is studying and tweets about how stressful it has been to be doing this and following Robin at the same time. Many photos show her at a library in a venue area that Robin is playing in, and I read somewhere (this is unconfirmed) that she is studying for her bar exam. This would make sense, because obviously she would have a hard time going to an Undergraduate or Graduate school while flying all over the world to see him play. If I get confirmation on her studies, I'll update the thread and let everyone know.

duong
12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Add to that she is also a brainy girlfriend, and how can you not like Robin Soderling? He chooses an independent intelligent woman

yes absolutely :yeah:

I often get a very good prejudice at men (not only tennismen) when they are married or together with a woman like that : I usually think that they must have something (more to seduce them than the opposite actually, but also the opposite you're right).

And you're right : Söderling raised a lot in my esteem when I saw her.

And now you (and others) tell me that she's independent, intelligent, nice and so on ... everything I had suspected from her attitude in Lyon actually :yeah:

I'm quite reassured about my instinction :yeah:

If you like, I could start a Robin and Jenni thread tomorrow and put up some great pics just of Jenni to start things out. It could have many posts because I've followed Jenni on twitter since June and she is fetching to say the least.

:yeah: That's great ( :hug: for you) ( :hearts: for the idea and for her)

Yes, Jenni is studying and tweets about how stressful it has been to be doing this and following Robin at the same time. Many photos show her at a library in a venue area that Robin is playing in, and I read somewhere (this is unconfirmed) that she is studying for her bar exam. This would make sense, because obviously she would have a hard time going to an Undergraduate or Graduate school while flying all over the world to see him play. If I get confirmation on her studies, I'll update the thread and let everyone know.

yes now I know what that is :yeah:

I think it's also very nice to know that, even if we don't have to know everything, they are allowed for some privacy :lol: (actually I had the impression that she didn't like to be too much seen at a moment for a while : for instance you could see her in the semifinal in Lyon, not in the final ... and then we didn't see her too often during matches ... until that ATP WTF : I think now she has realized that she has to deal with it anyway :lol: but it seems that she's very much amused at looking at her in the screen :lol: )

I posted a funny in the 1rst ACC thread about the 2nd round match-up between you and GOATPARERA ("two players with distinctly different styles, strengths, games and tastes" :lol: ).

Actually I like GoatParera, I don't know why he was suspected quite quickly of double account, being a Nadal fan like RafawonUSOpen, whereas if you read him/her, it's quite often intelligent and more a fan of Federer's :lol:

I didn't know I had taken part in that competition ;) :lol:

We've had the pleasure of discourse in GM when I was ShamWoW! I did a name change request when I decided to post seriously on the MTF.

Ah yes I remember this pseudo ;)

I have read a Eurosport reporter's view on the brainiest players on tour, and their view is that Nole and Sod top the list. Both are fluent in multiple languages and both enjoy reading difficult novels and literature and I kow Robin loves his laptop.

Yes Nole looks clever indeed, I didn't know for Söderling except that he has such a lovely girlfriend that he must not be bad indeed :lol:

SweTennis
12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Is it necessary to create a whole new thread for that? IMO it's better to include them into Soderking Photo Thread, 'cause there can't be so many photos that they deserve an own thread. There shouldn't be TOO many threads, but that's just what I think so do what you want. ;)

Nolby
12-03-2009, 03:49 AM
Is it necessary to create a whole new thread for that? IMO it's better to include them into Soderking Photo Thread, 'cause there can't be so many photos that they deserve an own thread. There shouldn't be TOO many threads, but that's just what I think so do what you want. ;)

Hi SweTennis,

I think it is actually a great idea. If you look at the threads in some other Forums, you'll note that these kinds of threads (Roger & Mirka, Andy & Brooklyn, Rafa & Xisca) we're met with the same questions you note above, and quite a few including Roger's faced opposition in the beginning, but they have all become among the most popular threads in those Forums. Basically, the thread would not include any of the Tennis action or pictures and transcripts from Press Conferences. It would tell the story of Robin off-court, and we could just re-name the thread "Robin Soderling Off-Court" if there wasn't enough interest.

But I think Robin is one of the few players that has a very stable relationship with a grounded woman full of depth, so I think this will be a story that will continue to grow. Additionally, Jenni is the more extroverted of the two, and has written blogs and takes almost all the photos of Robin and herself off court, so we have boundless material and it is material that actively "in progress" and alive. There is a ton of material Jenni has posted during the off season that would make the thread more interesting during this particular time period because no tennis is being played.

I'm going to go ahead and start it and if it needs to become something like "Robin Off Court", I'll be happy to change the thead title. :) I have a feeling this one might take off over time though, as the material is rich in this case. :yeah:

Nolby
12-03-2009, 04:09 AM
duong
yes absolutely :yeah:

I often get a very good prejudice at men (not only tennismen) when they are married or together with a woman like that : I usually think that they must have something (more to seduce them than the opposite actually, but also the opposite you're right).

And you're right : Söderling raised a lot in my esteem when I saw her.

And now you (and others) tell me that she's independent, intelligent, nice and so on ... everything I had suspected from her attitude in Lyon actually :yeah:

I'm quite reassured about my instinction :yeah:

I think you're dead on, duong. This relationship is very stable and grounded and is based on a much richer foundation than celebrity egos. Robin and Jenni are known as being best friends along with their relationship, and most of his off-court life is recorded via Jenni as Robin admits in the interview that I just posted for the Chennai Open that he spends his time with a handful of people, mostly Magnus and Jenni. Being a true introvert, Robin would rather know a few people extremely well on a deep level, as opposed to having superficial relationships with a large number of people on a casual level.

:yeah: That's great ( :hug: for you) ( :hearts: for the idea and for her)

:haha: I feel the same way. She has a fascinating beauty too, because she always manages to look a little different through the years and is the type of person that posts pictures of herself and Robin exhausted at the airport (Kuala Lampur, Beijing), studying at libraries and walking around cities they are visiting. So you can see her and the beauty within her not just in dolled up publicity photos. And she is just as cute looking exhausted at an airport as she does when she is feeling vital, at least imho. :inlove:

yes now I know what that is :yeah:

I think it's also very nice to know that, even if we don't have to know everything, they are allowed for some privacy :lol: (actually I had the impression that she didn't like to be too much seen at a moment for a while : for instance you could see her in the semifinal in Lyon, not in the final ... and then we didn't see her too often during matches ... until that ATP WTF : I think now she has realized that she has to deal with it anyway :lol: but it seems that she's very much amused at looking at her in the screen :lol: )

There are definitely some time periods that Jenni defends their privacy; but she has been a great publicity person for him by writing blogs and being active on twitter and this recently led to him getting hundreds of tweets congratulating him on his performances in London. She may be less shy and more used to this madness, as there is no doubt she and Robin had to make huge adjustments in their lives after the French Open. But it all has been very positive, if a bit adverse, for both of them.

Actually I like GoatParera, I don't know why he was suspected quite quickly of double account, being a Nadal fan like RafawonUSOpen, whereas if you read him/her, it's quite often intelligent and more a fan of Federer's :lol:

I didn't know I had taken part in that competition ;) :lol:

I barely know who they are. I just read the ACC comments by voters who kept saying they are RafawonUSOpen, probably because Goat Parera is analogous to GoatNadal which sounds like an agenda name for "RafawonUSOpen". Since I don't see "8ptNadal" anymore and "mad world" isn't in the ACC, I thought they we're the one of the "Rafawonthisorthat" ACC entries. Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

Ah yes I remember this pseudo ;)

Yes Nole looks clever indeed, I didn't know for Söderling except that he has such a lovely girlfriend that he must not be bad indeed :lol:

Yea, you and I got in a respectful debate on Fed (your player) vs. Nole (my player) being one more apt to speak to their truth or not. :lol: Nole is my second favorite player after Robin, as may be apparent to all. :lol:

duong
12-03-2009, 08:12 AM
:haha: I feel the same way. She has a fascinating beauty too, because she always manages to look a little different through the years and is the type of person that posts pictures of herself and Robin exhausted at the airport (Kuala Lampur, Beijing), studying at libraries and walking around cities they are visiting. So you can see her and the beauty within her not just in dolled up publicity photos. And she is just as cute looking exhausted at an airport as she does when she is feeling vital, at least imho. :inlove:

Thanks a lot for your photos :) : actually it' something very important for seduction that you look different according to the day :lol: , it makes people discover and imagine more of one's personality.

I barely know who they are. I just read the ACC comments by voters who kept saying they are RafawonUSOpen, probably because Goat Parera is analogous to GoatNadal which sounds like an agenda name for "RafawonUSOpen". Since I don't see "8ptNadal" anymore and "mad world" isn't in the ACC, I thought they we're the one of the "Rafawonthisorthat" ACC entries. Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

Frankly speaking, if you look at his (or her) posts, there's nothing like that : it seems that he's a victim of his pseudo and of prejudice, but he doesn't sound as a Rafatard, seems to like both Federer and Nadal and in the meantime have a complex and diverse opinion . Only thing you can say is that he doesn't like Djokovic. But frankly speaking, I found more of his posts interesting, relevant/original than many of the people on this board.

I don't know what this person thinks of this "pseudo accusation", but if you really look at what he says, it sounds very stupid :shrug:

I didn't know about accusations on me either, but well makes you think whether it's really relevant/useful to post on this board or not :shrug: Strange :confused:

Nolby
12-03-2009, 10:28 AM
duong Thanks a lot for your photos :) : actually it' something very important for seduction that you look different according to the day :lol: , it makes people discover and imagine more of one's personality.
:haha:

I updated the thread with an article on Robin and Jenni and their flight home after the French Open. There are three nice photographs and a relevant interview, so I thought that made a good introduction to the thread. I have just begun to post Jenni pictures. :lol:

Frankly speaking, if you look at his (or her) posts, there's nothing like that : it seems that he's a victim of his pseudo and of prejudice, but he doesn't sound as a Rafatard, seems to like both Federer and Nadal and in the meantime have a complex and diverse opinion . Only thing you can say is that he doesn't like Djokovic. But frankly speaking, I found more of his posts interesting, relevant/original than many of the people on this board.

Well, I feel bad for this person, then. This contest doesn't seem like one that focuses on being fair or kind. Like I said, they seem to be infamous (they got the #12 seed and they just joined within the past month), so I assumed from comments I was reading they we're RafawonUSOpen. You don't have a chance in winning the next round if they have that rep. So at least you can feel relief that you are out of it. You won your first round based on name recognition. I can't even remember reading one of GOATPARERA's posts before now.

Ok, I did a search on them to read their posts, and having done so, it appears their posts are normal ones, not remarkable in either a positive or negative way, so this whole thing is very strange and obviously based on random hype. About the only thing distinctive is the large number of posts since they've joined and the fact they use the "yeah" smilie (:yeah:) at the end of most of their posts.

Oh well! This stuff is out of our hands and it is very trite. I've made it a point to not follow the nonsense today. I thought it would be more fun and humorous and not so cut throat when people began writing about it. It's just white noise.

Thanks for your great suggestion and thoughts and you are always welcome in Robin's forum, duong! :wavey:

Tim

Nolby
12-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Robin tweet for today:

RSoderling (http://twitter.com/RSoderling) :homepage will hopefully be up in the beginning of next year. What do You want it to contain?

If you use twitter, send him some ideas. This is great news!!! :D

*Ljubica*
12-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Robin tweet for today:

RSoderling (http://twitter.com/RSoderling) :homepage will hopefully be up in the beginning of next year. What do You want it to contain?

Thanks for this - will go and take a look and see if I can come up with any ideas.

Björki
12-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Robin tweet for today:

Nolby
12-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Jenni's tweet yesterday:

jennimostrom (http://twitter.com/jennimostrom): "Doing laundry, a never ending project http://tinyurl.com/ybnssz3 (http://tinyurl.com/ybnssz3)"

That URL leads to this You Tube video:

9jbdrJzVSro

What is on his sleeve at the end?

Björki
12-14-2009, 07:00 AM
vote for Robin :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155194

Nolby
12-14-2009, 04:11 PM
vote for Robin :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155194

Just did so, Bjorki. Thanks! He is in third place, but Safin has a ridiculous amount of votes and Nole is in this group too.

Nathaliia
12-14-2009, 04:17 PM
SoderKing has a forum and a chat thread now :eek:

Saulo do you remember the old times when we were fighting to get this forum and someone offered we should put a Lisnard thread inside SoderKing forum? :lol:

AgnRus
12-16-2009, 04:25 PM
http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/atp-tour/2009/nya-problem-for-soderling_sto2155841/story.shtml

Robin Soderling has new problems with his elbow and pulling out because Nordic Masters tournament in Oslo at the end of the week. He has had problems with damage to and from the autumn.

The problem has become worse again and the doctor's orders to Soderling is to rest the next two weeks.

- I was really looking forward to coming to Norway, but unfortunately can not do what the situation is now, "said Soderling.

:(:(:(

*Ljubica*
12-16-2009, 04:41 PM
http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/atp-tour/2009/nya-problem-for-soderling_sto2155841/story.shtml

Robin Soderling has new problems with his elbow and pulling out because Nordic Masters tournament in Oslo at the end of the week. He has had problems with damage to and from the autumn.

The problem has become worse again and the doctor's orders to Soderling is to rest the next two weeks.

- I was really looking forward to coming to Norway, but unfortunately can not do what the situation is now, "said Soderling.

:awww: That's sad. But best he rests it now and gets fully fit for the new season, than damages it in an exhibition match, and can't defend points/rise in the rankings in 2010. Get well soon Robin :hug:

Nolby
12-17-2009, 11:40 AM

Oh man! I thought the issue was settled in that last article saying it wasn't Tennis elbow. The Abu Dhabi event is in two weeks and then Doha. Maybe he should withdraw from the Abu Dhabi thing. I don't think there are any points for it, but with only 6 players including Fed, Rafa and Tsonga, I bet the appearance fee is probably very healthy. But I don't think it means much in terms of points.

AgnRus
12-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Norman moves - to Soderling

Everything to optimize the training: "I am grateful"

Magnus Norman wants to give Robin Soderling best possible conditions in 2010.

Therefore, success coach moves to Monte Carlo.

- I'm very grateful, - says the Swedish world-class eight.

Sportbladet can reveal to Magnus Norman is moving to an apartment just a hundred meters from Robin Soderlings home. From there it is walking distance to the gravel and hard courses at Monte Carlo Country Club, which will be their base.

- It suits us much better. Robin is living there since past and now we train more in Monte Carlo. I know everybody at the club and where we can get some peace and quiet, "said Magnus Norman.

Plenty of sparring

Since many of the players on the ATP Tour tennis and retired Thomas Johansson and Jonas Björkman living in tax haven, it is no problem to find sparring partners.

- In addition, we intend to take down Daniel Berta a week, "said Norman who lived in Monaco 1995-2004. When he was forced to give up their careers were moving load to Stockholm, where his girlfriend Linda will stay.

- In the long run, it is not a sustainable situation, but for now we do so here. I drive on with Robin because it's so funny.

"All the conditions"

According to Robin Soderling, it is the ultimate solution to become a neighbor with his trainer. With the move increased their cooperation, from 200 to 240 days a year.

- We have tried to do everything as best as possible and that he was moving to Monte Carlo is to optimize one more thing, "said Soderling.

Can it get better?

- No, now there are all prerequisites. He lives there and will travel with me to all races.

Soderling to lose weight in 2010 games schedule with three or four tournaments. After the Australian Open, which is determined 18-31 January, awaiting the first competition recess.

- Where will we be in Monte Carlo in ten days, "said Magnus Norman.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article6310018.ab

Nolby
12-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Norman moves - to Soderling

Everything to optimize the training: "I am grateful"

Magnus Norman wants to give Robin Soderling best possible conditions in 2010.

Therefore, success coach moves to Monte Carlo.

- I'm very grateful, - says the Swedish world-class eight.

Sportbladet can reveal to Magnus Norman is moving to an apartment just a hundred meters from Robin Soderlings home. From there it is walking distance to the gravel and hard courses at Monte Carlo Country Club, which will be their base.

- It suits us much better. Robin is living there since past and now we train more in Monte Carlo. I know everybody at the club and where we can get some peace and quiet, "said Magnus Norman.

Plenty of sparring

Since many of the players on the ATP Tour tennis and retired Thomas Johansson and Jonas Björkman living in tax haven, it is no problem to find sparring partners.

- In addition, we intend to take down Daniel Berta a week, "said Norman who lived in Monaco 1995-2004. When he was forced to give up their careers were moving load to Stockholm, where his girlfriend Linda will stay.

- In the long run, it is not a sustainable situation, but for now we do so here. I drive on with Robin because it's so funny.

"All the conditions"

According to Robin Soderling, it is the ultimate solution to become a neighbor with his trainer. With the move increased their cooperation, from 200 to 240 days a year.

- We have tried to do everything as best as possible and that he was moving to Monte Carlo is to optimize one more thing, "said Soderling.

Can it get better?

- No, now there are all prerequisites. He lives there and will travel with me to all races.

Soderling to lose weight in 2010 games schedule with three or four tournaments. After the Australian Open, which is determined 18-31 January, awaiting the first competition recess.

- Where will we be in Monte Carlo in ten days, "said Magnus Norman.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article6310018.ab

It sounds like they are "going for it" this year, Nastia! :D Magnus is making a big commitment to move all the way to Monte Carlo to coach Robin. I am praying we stop hearing about that elbow problem.

About the bold part, it's about time. It sounds like they are going to schedule him as a Top 10 player should be scheduled, so he doesn't burn himself out and develop elbow issues. One thing that should never happen again is a four week schedule such as they had in autumn of 2009 with
Kuala Lampur---->Beijing--->Shanghai--->Stockholm with no week off for rest. That stretch almost ended his season.

Nolby
12-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Today is a good day to be a Soderfan. :)
If this link has already been posted, I'm sorry... but this video from the WTF homepage is really neat :D
http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2009/Finals-Vignettes/London-Finals-2009-Soderling-Vignette-2-min.aspx

The WTF video is now on YouTube, so we can embed it here:

London Finals 2009 Soderling Vignette

x8M7lopjboA

The teaser isn't bad either and differs from the Vignette giving out additional information:

London Finals 2009 Soderling Teaser

9Q6veBQljFU

(Useless note: Robin was born on the same day as my sister, Joy)

Nolby
12-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Things were going so fast at the time of the WTFs, and most of us were still celebrating the second consecutive victory over Rafa, that noone ever posted the video of possibly Robin's second most impressive victory of 2009, his victory over Nole in his second match at the WTFs in London, which also broke Nole's 11 game winning streak which included consecutive titles at Basel and Paris.

Nole also had a personal six match winning streak H2H against Robin and Robin had never beaten him up to that point (only Federer remains now as a top ranked player he hasn't beaten), although he had given Nole perhaps his toughest match in the 11 game stretch with the three setter in Paris where Robin took the second set 6-1 and lost with only 1 break of serve in the third set. Here are the highlights from that huge win in London:

kUrzXdAKxu8

-So he ended Rafa's 32 match winning streak at Roland Garros (only player to defeat Rafa at RG)

-He ended Nole's 11 match winning streak in the London WTFs. Nole also won the Beijing ATP 500 before a SF loss to Davydenko at Shanghai, and was arguably the most in-form player at the end of the year. Novak won his next match in London against Rafa in straight sets to go to 2-1 in matches, but missed out making the semis due to having a worse set record. His only losses in the last 5 tournaments he played in were to Davydenko in the SF at Shanghai and to Robin in his second match in London.

-Robin lost in 3 sets to U.S. Open Champion Del Potro in the semis at London, 7-6 in the third set. Remember that Robin had to play a 3 setter the night before against Kolya, whereas Del Potro was able to rest two full days finishing his match against Roger on Thursday evening before playing the semi-final match against Robin on Saturday evening.

Ilovetheblues_86
12-22-2009, 03:13 PM
SoderKing has a forum and a chat thread now :eek:

Saulo do you remember the old times when we were fighting to get this forum and someone offered we should put a Lisnard thread inside SoderKing forum? :lol:

And also the poor Paul Tood forum :hug:
It was the rejected forum.
I bnelieve Stepanek was included too. :p

Getta
12-26-2009, 03:28 AM
And also the poor Paul Tood forum :hug:

Ozone promised us to keep bringing up the old flame every now and then.

Ilovetheblues_86
12-26-2009, 04:42 AM
Ozone promised us to keep bringing up the old flame every now and then.

His vestal flame is a bit weak now since he cant put up his sig.
I reckon they might have banned his "small" signature from MTF, following the Paul Todd forum boycott.

Nolby
12-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I reckon they might have banned his "small" signature from MTF, following the Paul Todd forum boycott.

I love the "Tim Finnegan's Wake" lyrics in your sig, Getta. My favorite version is by the Drop Murphys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geX8IVBv4wk&feature=related

:lol:

Since we are getting to close to Robin's first match in Abu Dhabi, here are the highlights from his last match, the classic 3 set battle with Del Potro. I've noticed the entire match is available for downloading on YouTube. Even though he lost, he impressed quite a few people and many people who are not Robin fans were impressed by his play in that match:

moLGvcxjwoU

Nolby
12-31-2009, 03:35 AM

Congratulations to Saulo for the Epic Win today for Mr. MTF 2009. I am proud someone who is a fan of Robin won this year against all odds. To be quite honest, I was stunned when I saw the final results and Saulo had won. :lol: There was a dark period sometime halfway through where he lost a lead he had held from the beginning and actually was behind by a few votes for many hours in the latter stages, but he pulled it out down the stretch.

Deserved win today. :yeah:

This is a daring and fantastic campaign poster used by Saulo in the Campaign thread:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4917/soders.jpg
:lol:

Ilovetheblues_86
12-31-2009, 04:39 AM
I think it was Ivan the gambler that did this in the MTF bandwagon thread.

I am surprised I won too, actually I know and have good relationship with a good number of the people that were voting but I think the main reasons I actually pulled the win was because Adam had already won before and because I don´t have many haters .

So now Söderking forum has the mister MTF, good for it axaxa.

SweTennis
12-31-2009, 11:10 AM
So now when Robin's first tournament of the year will start soon I must rename the thread - but to which name?

Nolby
12-31-2009, 11:20 AM
So now when Robin's first tournament of the year will start soon I must rename the thread - but to which name?

Hi SweTennis,

Since you are here now, why don't you leave the same name, Soderking Live Scoring Thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=154773), but simply put

"(Abu Dhabi, Capitala World Championships)" right after that or simply "(Abu Dhabi)". Simple and to the point. I don't mind if you change it something funny either. :yeah:

Thanks!

Do you have the live stream going on the Kolya/Ferru match right now? The stream I have is naming it "Abu Dhabi World Challenge", and that sounds fine too.
==========
Directions if needed:

1. Go to the first post in the thread.
2. Click the "Edit" button at the bottom.
3. Click the "Go Advanced" button that now appears at the bottom.
4. Note the "Title" text box is underneath the "Reason for Editing" text box at the top. Click in that box and note that it is modifiable.
5. Modify the "Title" with whatever you like.
6. Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom.

DanaKz
12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Happy New Year Sodafans!!! Hope this 2010 will be good! And hope SoderKing will keep making us happy :jump:

*Ljubica*
12-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Happy New Year Sodafans!!! Hope this 2010 will be good! And hope SoderKing will keep making us happy :jump:

Happy New Year to you too :hug:

Nolby
01-01-2010, 01:09 AM

We were talking about Fedals, Sodals, Djokolings and Federlings after the match today (just being silly, really). I'm sad that Jo-Willy had to pull out of the Capitala Abu Dhabi exhibition, but obviously it is not worth it if he has enough funds right now. :lol: But your a true original as far as I know, being a Tsonga/Soderling fan. I like "Sodersongas" as a nick if we find more fans like you. :lol:

Happy New Year, Dana!:drink::drink:

Certinfy
01-01-2010, 01:11 AM
SoderKing to beat Roger tomorrow :rocker2:

Oh and happy new year to all u Soderling fans :)

Nolby
01-01-2010, 01:20 AM
SoderKing to beat Roger tomorrow :rocker2:

Oh and happy new year to all u Soderling fans :)

Thank you Jase! Happy New Year to all Del Pony fans as well! :drink::drink::drink: You're welcome anytime in Soda land. I hope to stop by both Nole and Del Pony's Forums more often once play begins as Nole in sig, and Del Pony was in my sig a few months ago until I shortened it to 4 players for brevity.

If Robin can beat Roger just once, even in an exhibition, it would be a major monkey off his back. Although I felt the same way when Roddick beat Roger at Kooyong a few years back, but then he preceded to be demolished by Fedex at the ensuing AO. So we have to remember that this is just an exhibition. However, the money at stake is pretty high in this particular exho, and it definitely stuck out as the exho with the most quality last year when Muzza won the titile.

starluk
01-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Happy New Year u guys,and robin~

*Ljubica*
01-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Happy New Year u guys,and robin~

Same to you :hug:

Nolby
01-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I thought these were pretty funny :lol:

Excuses Heard at RF.com

-"Soderling doesn't have 2 5 month olds waiting at home either. http://www.rogerfederer.com/img/icons/s_016.gif"

-"Maybe he (i.e. Roger) took in that Rihanna concert last night and was out a bit late. http://www.rogerfederer.com/img/icons/s_008.gif"
(Note: Robin was the one who went to the concert last night.)

-"it is incredibly humid in AD... I think Roger was sweating too much"

-"the funny thing is, Rogi plays an exo the way it should be played -- for fun, for the fans -- yet his opponent plays as if it's a real tourney but still it goes to three sets..."

-"And Roger wanted to give him a gift for being bad person of 2009 and decided to help him win the match http://www.rogerfederer.com/img/icons/s_008.gif Or, Rog just wanted to watch a Sod vs Nadal match, and since there was NO way Ferrer was going to win, he prefered to lose"

-"As we've seen in the last couple years Roger is getting increasingly focused on grand slams and less concerned about the other tournaments. Although it is important to get good results in the masters 1000 to secure thje number 1 spot."

-"My point (can't speak for anyone else) was not that Roger planned to lose the match but rather that it's not surprising he lost when he was treating this match more casually than Soderling was. But whatever. All I care about is that he means business once AO starts. And I'm not worried about that."

-"Guys, when was the last time Roger S&V several times in a row? I didn't watch the match but if Roger was trying out a few things, that the right way to use this kind of matches "

etc., etc., etc., :lol:
=====================
And to be fair, I just stumbled upon someone who isn't in denial:

-"I couldn't watch this match - but just reading a couple of pages back, it is clear that Roger lost to Robin. And I see the reasons being given too. The funniest of these is that Robin played it like a match & Roger like an exhibition. I hadn't realised that playing a match like an exhibition means that you aim to lose it!!
Ppppfffttt.
For MY ego ( never mind anything else) please win the next one Roger!" :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thank you! I knew there was at least one Rogi fan out there that would give Robin some credit. :eek::p

Certinfy
01-01-2010, 11:56 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: At the excuses, amazing what Federer fans can say after their man has achieved so much already :haha: :haha: :haha:

Congrats to all u Soderling Fans, awesome win today, especially from a set and a break down :yeah:

Oh and good luck to your man tomorrow, should be a great match :)

Nolby
01-02-2010, 12:22 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: At the excuses, amazing what Federer fans can say after their man has achieved so much already :haha: :haha: :haha:

Congrats to all u Soderling Fans, awesome win today, especially from a set and a break down :yeah:

Oh and good luck to your man tomorrow, should be a great match :)

Thanks, Jase! Love your comments in GM today. It's funny how people seem incapable of looking at this exhibition as being different than other exhibitions that don't offer $250,000 and feature the top 2 players in the World. If Roger had won today, noone would have accused Robin of tanking to the World #1 or think twice about giving Fed full credit for the win and the issue of this being a "practice" event would be mute.

I guess half of it is done just to piss off Soda fans, as Robin never gets much love from the general public. Thanks for having the clarity of vision and the guts to speak your mind. :yeah: The issue of whether Robin is a "fluke" should be settled at this point. As long as he keeps on winning, it really doesn't matter what people want to believe. :lol:

Certinfy
01-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Thanks :) And agreed, that would of surely been the case if Roger won today :yeah:

Well probably, considering how many Federer fans they're on here :o But yeah SoderKing will prove all this outrageous and crazy comments are all a piece of BS :D Well actually tbh I personally think he's proved it already :shrug: I mean ur not exactly a fluke, if u make the 4th round of Wimbledon, losing to eventual champ, QF at USO, and SF at WTF's... :o

Certinfy
01-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the rep Tim :)

Nolby
01-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Thanks :) And agreed, that would of surely been the case if Roger won today :yeah:

Well probably, considering how many Federer fans they're on here :o But yeah SoderKing will prove all this outrageous and crazy comments are all a piece of BS :D Well actually tbh I personally think he's proved it already :shrug: I mean ur not exactly a fluke, if u make the 4th round of Wimbledon, losing to eventual champ, QF at USO, and SF at WTF's... :o

And you being a Del Pony fan, you know you're guy played a hell of a match in the semis at the WTF semis to beat Robin 7-6 in the third set. The commentators were blown away by the quality of that match from both sides. Their comments were on the line that Robin was playing A+ tennis and still having to fight for his life.

But Del Pony gets the same deal as Robin relative to his position as a Grand Slam Champion. It's the "new kid on the block" syndrome. These guys have to keep proving themselves over and over and over again until people give up counting them out as dead. I picked Del Pony to win the US Open in a contest at Tennis4you, and I won the contest. I based it purely on his level of play in the late summer taking out Roddick twice in North American events, serving aces against Rafa in a tiebreaker leading 6-5 (nerves of steel; something Robin still has to work on), and almost winning the Legg Mason and Rogers Cup back to back if not for exhaustion. It just took a willingness to see he was playing the best tennis during that period by a mile.

Anyway, Robin is easily playing top 10 tennis right now, and I'm sure as a Del Pony fan you see that quite clearly after their epic semi-final match as well as his matches against Rafa, Nole and Kolya. I have written many times that Del Pony is a future #1, and I base that on common sense. :yeah: Robin keeps growing. Last year he had to prove he was Top 10 material, and that took a long time and it wasn't clear until the U.S. Open and the Fall season that that was so. Now he has to work on his nerves and self-belief to prove he belongs among the world's elite. He keeps doing better than my expectations overall and surprising the hell out of me. He also looks like he belongs with them and one senses he KNOWS this now. This is going to be an extremely fun year! :D

Certinfy
01-02-2010, 01:09 AM
I really don't know what to say about that post besides :worship: :worship: :worship: Best post I've ever read on MTF :yeah: Tried to good rep u but can't :sad:

Certinfy
01-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Okay dude, awesome speaking to u again :D I'm gonna head off to bed, see ya' after SoderKing beats Nadull tomorrow :)

Nolby
01-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Okay dude, awesome speaking to u again :D I'm gonna head off to bed, see ya' after SoderKing beats Nadull tomorrow :)

Good night! I have to do the same. It is fun backing players on the rise, isn't it? One feels euphoric at each level they reach and pass and seeing them grow into Champions, both on the outside and on the inside. :wavey:

Nidhogg
01-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Happy new year, everyone. Good to see this place with a bit of life to it. ;)

Nidhogg
01-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I had to leave after Söderling had just broken back in the second, but I like a lot of what I've seen from Robin so far here in these three EXHO matches, both physically and mentally. However, I'd be glad to see him skip Kooyong and have some days of nothing but rest ahead of the AO.

Nadal is already moving and hitting the ball a lot better after his short off-season.

Nolby
01-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I had to leave after Söderling had just broken back in the second, but I like a lot of what I've seen from Robin so far here in these three EXHO matches, both physically and mentally. However, I'd be glad to see him skip Kooyong and have some days of nothing but rest ahead of the AO.

Nadal is already moving and hitting the ball a lot better after his short off-season.

I just looked at the highlights and Robin went from playing really well to doing things like double-faulting twice in the game he lost to lose the match. I hope he skips Kooyong too. Remember that Del Potro skipped Cinci before the U.S. Open due to "exhaustion" and that turned out well. Both SVG and Expressen reported that Robin made around 2 million U.S. dollars at Abu Dhabi, so one can certainly understand why he played that exho. But enough is enough.

I came across this in Expressen today. Quotes by Rafa on Robin and what he needs to do to succeed. It appears Magnus Norman's influence is going beyond the tennis court but also reflected in how well Robin is being received by other players. Roger Federer had similar praise for Robin and mentioned Norman's coaching as being an important factor in his transformaton on many levels.

Soderling Praised by Nadal - Despite Loss
http://www.expressen.se/Sport/tennis/1.1832102/soderling-hyllad-av-nadal-trots-forlusten

http://www.expressen.se/polopoly_fs/1.1832096!slot100slotWide75ArticleFull/3447786819.jpg
"Must play on the Edge to Defeat Robin"

Rafael Nadal says he thinks that Robin Soderling is one of the toughest opponents on the tour. "If you are going to win against Robin, you must play on the edge all the time."

The Swedes baseline play and serve is what he pays tribute to the most. And that he might take revenge for the loss at the French Open was valuable for the Spaniard.

"I really wanted to win this match. If I play at this level, I have a chance, just like Robin, to win many titles this year."

How about Soderling in person?

"He has grown a lot during the past year. Previously, he was much more shy. Now he is, I believe, with Magnus Norman's help, more open and social. And it is also reflected by greater assertiveness in his play."

Nolby
01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Also, Magnus has picked up updating his blog:

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/magnus/

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fanswermyquestionjerk.se%2Fmagnus%2F&sl=sv&tl=en

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/magnus/files/2010/01/img_0031-300x225.jpg

MediaRat
01-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Also, Magnus has picked up updating his blog:

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/magnus/

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fanswermyquestionjerk.se%2Fmagnus%2F&sl=sv&tl=en

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/magnus/files/2010/01/img_0031-300x225.jpg

This latest short entry from Magnus, was after the victory over Federer:

January 1, 2010 by magnus:
"Nice New Years-gift for Robin today. Or not a gift really. I feel that Robin has come closer and closer every time he is facing Roger, so for me the victory did not come as a surprise at all. But it must feel good to finally shake hands as a winner and that, I believe, will take the pressure off the next time they face each other."

- -

Well, now we all Söderking-fans are looking forward to great results in January and then of course, meeting Argentina in Davis Cup (5-7th of March in Stockholm). Last time, Robin made an outstanding performance winning all his singles matches as well as the doubles with Lindstedt (against Romania to stay in the World Group). VAMOS ROBIN!! :woohoo:

Ilovetheblues_86
01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I´m slightly taking off my support this year to take him out the responsability to satisfy another fan.
Concentrating my efforts this year to lift Fishy and Grosjeanin.
Enjoy 2010 Söderking xax.
(If he falls down again I might comeback :hug:)

Getta
01-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I´m slightly taking off my support this year to take him out the responsability to satisfy another fan.
Concentrating my efforts this year to lift Fishy and Grosjeanin.
Enjoy 2010 Söderking xax.
(If he falls down again I might comeback :hug:)

the same goes for me; been reading this forum/thread for months decided to focus on less well known players such as Hajek, Ouanna, Kavcic, Brown and Luczak.

Ilovetheblues_86
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
the same goes for me; been reading this forum/thread for months decided to focus on less well known players such as Hajek, Ouanna, Kavcic, Brown and Luczak.

Just kidding. :nerner:

Soda I will never leave him :worship:

But this is just for the case if you don´t see me around too much this year. ;)

MediaRat
01-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Never leave Söderking :angel:

Even though he made an early exit in Chennai today (lost against Ginepri 4-6, 5-7.. didn´t really get his game to work like in Abu Dhabi). He will get some new energy soon and hopefully perform great at Australian Open (he told Eurosport.se that he might play in Kooyong). Well, anyway. He can do it!

I think 2010 is going to be a great tennis-year :clap2:

MediaRat
01-06-2010, 02:42 AM
From Answermyquestionjerk.se. January 6, 2010 by magnus (my own translation, as swedish native speaker!):

"INDIA DOES NOT SEEM TO BE FOR ME"

"Nope, been here 3 times as a player and 1 time as coach and still hardly won 1 match!! To return to the game yesterday, I do not agree that Robin performs a catastrophic match. Sure I have seen him play better but TENNISWISE it was really not that bad in my opinion. Call me weird but this is a fact. You can't order a win! Genepri makes a very good performance the way I see it and for that we should raise our hats. He has been in the top 20s and in semifinals on this surface at US Open. The number of easy mistakes that he does are few and he reaches basically everything. The key game is 4-2 in second set where Robin creates 3 good smash-opportunities but burns all 3 of them! 5-2 there instead and we would most likely had a 3rd set.
Now we can break down, analyze and move on! The year is long. Lots of tennis to play and great challenges around the corner!"

---

swedes_rule
01-06-2010, 03:42 AM
From Answermyquestionjerk.se. January 6, 2010 by magnus (my own translation, as swedish native speaker!):

"INDIA DOES NOT SEEM TO BE FOR ME"

---

i told him he should have come back to Brisbane, not gone to Chennai. Maybe next year :lol:

Thanks for the translation!

Sunset of Age
01-07-2010, 01:31 AM
Hi folks, just jumped in to say 'hello', again. :wavey:
Hope you don't mind me being critical at times, it's just me. To ALL the players I happen to like. :angel:

Just wanted to let you know that I don't think that Robin's loss at Chennai is in any way a 'big deal'.

The AO, that's where it counts, not at the Mickey Mouses before. So, stay positive, all of you! :)

Tim, where are you? I miss you! :hug:

Nolby
01-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Hi folks, just jumped in to say 'hello', again. :wavey:
Hope you don't mind me being critical at times, it's just me. To ALL the players I happen to like. :angel:
Hi Karin,

This is the Soderking Forum. Anyone is allowed to express any opinion they want to express. :lol: We're all scattered all over the place in terms of how we feel about Robin and other players. :p Most of us are pretty tough on Robin too, although it is tough love.

Just wanted to let you know that I don't think that Robin's loss at Chennai is in any way a 'big deal'.

It hurt big time though. :sad: I know logically we all were demanding that he get rest and that an ATP 250 is a dime a dozen when looking at the season points as a whole. So it will be really insignificant in hindsight. But since he was the #1 seed and this was his first real tourney, it felt awful at the time. :sobbing: Dana said she was "shocked". I think that was proper feeling I had after the loss.

The AO, that's where it counts, not at the Mickey Mouses before. So, stay positive, all of you! :)

Blu came in yesterday and gave me the lift I needed to not feel so upset. It also dawned on me how the circumstances of his crowded schedule and all the promotional work he had to do for this tourney as the "poster boy" for it is a formula that is going to exhaust him and bring out his worst tennis.

Tim, where are you? I miss you! :hug:

I've been in Nole chat quite a bit and saw you posting once there about finding your missing cat. But I haven't seen you much online, not even in the Prog Rock thread, although I'm looking now and see that you have updated it. :hug: I have nothing meaningful to add to the current discussion. I don't know Porcupine Tree that well yet. But I'm pretty easy to find in here.

Heads up! I'm requesting my nick be changed to one that is less controversial. I will appear as "Nolby" if it is approved reflecting Nole and Nalby. :cat::rocker2:

Sunset of Age
01-07-2010, 07:59 AM
:D :drink: yay Soderfolks! :wavey:

sorry avour tgaatm, ust qwanna give me greetz hwere!

OOPS. Drunk. Sorry folkjs! :D

MediaRat
01-09-2010, 06:48 PM
From India to Australia
January 7, 2010 by magnus (translated from answermyquestionjerk.se):

No, Chennai was not what we hoped for. But that´s the way it is within sports and maybe that´s the glory of it all in a way.. You never know what is going to happen and the competition is tough! A medioker day at work and it is "bye bye". From the World No 1 to fiasco (as some newspaper wrote) over one night.
Well, two physical training sessions the day after in an incredibly damp gym in India. I have never sweated so much in my entire life when I stepped down from the treadmill… My brother (who is with us this trip) laughed out loud..
Half an hour before midnight was the flight to Melbourne and we arrived the day after at 8.30 pm local time. I slept almost the entire flight so it did not really feel like evening when we got there...
About the next few days, we have been discussing back and forth. Weigh the pros and cons.. and concluded to play Kooyong Classic next week in Melbourne. If feels good I must say. Until then there will be NO rest if that is what you think.. hehe

- - - -

MediaRat
01-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Report from Melbourne
January 9, 2010 by magnus norman (my own translation from answermyquestionjerk.se, as Swedish native speaker):

Finished with the first training session here in Melbourne. Since we arrived after a long trip from India, we started a bit careful. Robin played 2 hours with yours truly (me that is) in Kooyong. It was rather windy and very varm, which made it kind of hard to play. The surface here is also much faster than in Chennai where it was exremely weird. High bounce sometimes and rather quick bounce sometimes - the timing was hard to find. Nice to be back at a normal surface! The good form is not there yet, but that´s not so strange! We know the deal and it is just about taking advantage of the training session we have in front of us. In the afternoon we did one of Robins physical sessions with focus on leg strength.

In "leg dips" we did 3 sets with 4-5 repetitions at 90 kilos (down to 90 degrees angle). And also we did some jumps and finished with 20 minutes fitness training. 1,5 hours in total. Today saturday is waking up on the schedule before breakfast and then tennis 12-1 pm and 4-6 pm with Djokovic before VO2 max in the evening.
*** 3 pages of tennis is opening every sports insertion here every day! Today I read an article about Berhard Tomic and is just amazed how this is blown out of proportion to absurd levels! - “I know i will be number one. Its just a matter of when and where” are maybe not quotes I would have been very pleased with to read if I had been the coach of that guy... Sure, you should believe in yourself but there are limits. Maybe I am a little damaged by the Swedish mentality too. Who knows!
*** For a week now I have been reading the following headline from the tournament in Doha “Federer and Nadal heading for showdown in Doha finals”… And so the fairy tale ends.. 4-6 4-6 in the back for Roger against Davydenko.
Talk to you later!
Magnus

- - - - -

swedes_rule
01-10-2010, 12:27 AM
thanks for the translation!!!! i wish i had this week off work and could go to melbourne early :(

*Ljubica*
01-10-2010, 02:28 PM
thanks for the translation!!!! i wish i had this week off work and could go to melbourne early :(

At least you will be able to go :D So have fun, and good luck to Robin.

MediaRat
01-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Update 2 from Melbourne
January 10, 2010 by magnus norman (my own translation from answermyquestionjerk.se, as a Swedish native speaker):

"2 nice days of training for Robin are done since the last time I wrote. 4 sessions with tennis were squeezed in as well as 2 fitness training sessions. Since the end of last season was so extremely hectic and the "recharging" for this season is very short, I value these days enormously! Very valuable for the whole season. Game play against Djokovic yesterday at Rod Laver arena and two sessions with Haas and Bolelli today in the heat. Difficult conditions here, so it feels good to be here in time. The tennis balls are hard!
Nice to see Todd Martin let go of last year's folders and work actively with Nole on the court! That´s where he can make a difference, I promise you!
Tomorrow double shifts again before one day rest on Tuesday. Kooyong starts Wednesday!
*** Today I finished m 14th training session since the 25th of December. Getting a little better and the Christmas weight is fading away. Marathon workout has started again!

Later!"

- - - -

MediaRat
01-12-2010, 03:00 AM
January 11, 2010 by magnus norman (my own translation from Answermyquestionjerk.se)

"Update 3 Melbourne and DC tickets released!

So far the days here in Melbourne have gone by in a vast pace. We have been working 12 hours a day and that´s when I enjoy myself the most. To spend time together, work on details in the game, with physical training, mental parts etc. That´s when the efforts produce results. And what I consider as great. There is unfortunately no other way than the hard way if you want to be placed at the top of the ranking. One cancelled session here and there DOES NOT exist in my world.
Yesterday, training with Rainer Shuttler. Difficult conditions since it was over 40 degrees and a little windy.
Today it´s the press conference for the tournament out in Kooyong set to be played Wednesday-Saturday this week.

Tickets to this years tennis match in Sweden 2010 are now released! Sweden-Argentina at the Royal Tennis Hall! I bought my tickets really easy here (http://dc.ebiljett.nu/). I recommend you do the same! The Royal Tennis Hall should be boiling!!

See you later!

- - - -

Nolby
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
January 11, 2010 by magnus norman (my own translation from Answermyquestionjerk.se)

"Update 3 Melbourne and DC tickets released!

So far the days here in Melbourne have gone by in a vast pace. We have been working 12 hours a day and that´s when I enjoy myself the most. To spend time together, work on details in the game, with physical training, mental parts etc. That´s when the efforts produce results. And what I consider as great. There is unfortunately no other way than the hard way if you want to be placed at the top of the ranking. One cancelled session here and there DOES NOT exist in my world.
Yesterday, training with Rainer Shuttler. Difficult conditions since it was over 40 degrees and a little windy.
Today it´s the press conference for the tournament out in Kooyong set to be played Wednesday-Saturday this week.

Tickets to this years tennis match in Sweden 2010 are now released! Sweden-Argentina at the Royal Tennis Hall! I bought my tickets really easy here (http://dc.ebiljett.nu/). I recommend you do the same! The Royal Tennis Hall should be boiling!!

See you later!

- - - -

Thanks again, Mediarat! Please keep providing these translations of the Magnus blog, as they are invaluable and I am grateful to read them every time you post them. :D

MediaRat
01-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi there, all Söderling fans! Continuing to translate the blog from Magnus Norman, so not just the Swedish people kan follow their schedule, thoughts and "Nors" reflections as Robins coach.
Today is was a short blog entry, good for me because I have lots of work to do for Davis Cup!

----------------
January 12, 2010 by magnus norman:
Update 4 Melbourne
Now the draw has been published. Robin is facing Tsonga in his first match, which will be the 4th match (in Order of Play) after 11 a.m on Wednesday. Local time that is.

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/magnus/files/2010/01/img_0072.jpg

Robin doing interval training by the Yarra River!

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/magnus/files/2010/01/img_0078.jpg

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/magnus/files/2010/01/img_0080.jpg

Some classical pictures at Kooyong

------------------

MediaRat
01-13-2010, 07:45 PM
January 13, 2010 by magnus norman (translated from answermyquestionjerk.se)
Update 5 Melbourne

Hard to play in the wind today against Tsonga. 1st set was okay, even though the game was rather "jerky" in the wind. 0-7 in the tiebreak and the air just went out of him in the 2nd set. He´s not in 100% shape yet and therefore it feels good that we get the chance to go out again tomorrow & try to get one step closer! 3rd match against Ljubicic tomorrow.
*** 10 km running yesterday for me (in 52 minutes..) Well, not an impressive time, but then consider the heat and the fact that I have just started training... Sure, it´s still a bit left if I should run the marathon.
*** Sofia (Arvidsson) is starting in the Qualies tomorrow. Many good luck wishes to the whole team!

----------

MediaRat
01-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Here is the latest entry from Magnus Norman's blog:

Update 6 Melbourne
January 14, 2010 by magnus

Not a good day today either. Started very promising with a good pre-exercise this morning at Albert Reseve but then nothing went Robin's way. Again, strong winds today and it´s hard to get any rhythm in the game.. but of course it´s the same for both players. Robin had a break-through in the serve at 2-1 and 3-2, but couldn´t manage to retain it. Right now it´s still unsure about the arm as well and therefore I can´t say much more than we are of course doing everything in our power to make it as good as possible!
Keep all your fingers crossed!
- - -

DanaKz
01-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Draw.
Too tough I think. Granollers in 1rt round.
John Mac's hand were not too lucky.

TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA [10]
STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy UKR
FOGNINI, Fabio ITA
DENT, Taylor USA
HARRISON, Ryan USA (W)
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB
GREUL, Simon GER
HAAS, Tommy GER [18]
ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP [26]
QUALIFIER (Q)
BECKER, Benjamin GER
QUALIFIER (Q)
FALLA, Alejandro COL
DANIEL, Marcos BRA
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP
SODERLING, Robin SWE [8]

Nolby
01-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Draw.

Quote:
TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA [10]
STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy UKR
FOGNINI, Fabio ITA
DENT, Taylor USA
HARRISON, Ryan USA (W)
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB
GREUL, Simon GER
HAAS, Tommy GER [18]
ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP [26]
QUALIFIER (Q)
BECKER, Benjamin GER
QUALIFIER (Q)
FALLA, Alejandro COL
DANIEL, Marcos BRA
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP
SODERLING, Robin SWE [8]
Too tough I think. Granollers in 1rt round.
John Mac's hand were not too lucky.

He has handled Granollers pretty well in the past, Dana. If he was playing like he was
in the WTFs, I'd feel pretty confident and feel he had a decent draw. The four match
losing streak and the elbow tendinitis acting up have completely dried up my confidence,
however. I'd settle for a couple of wins over Granola and Falla right now.

Anyway, here is his head to head with Granollers. The best
possibility is that Robin gets his confidence back with a couple of match wins before he faces
an Almagro. I think that is what is lacking right now more than anything.

http://i47.tinypic.com/34eaql2.jpg

I don't even want to think about a possible Tsonga match-up right now in R16 right now. We'll cross
that bridge if we come to it. ;) I hope, in many respects, we don't have to watch that match-up again. :lol:
I'll root for either one of them of they play someone else in R16.

Ilovetheblues_86
01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Soderking against Granollers, then Falla and Almagro, repetition of 2009, sounds good to me.

SweTennis
01-15-2010, 03:36 PM
If his elbow or shoulder had been okey I'd say that it's a pretty good draw, but now - not so good. Well, it could be worse than Granollers but he is kind of good, we saw that in Wimbledon where it went to four sets. So it'll be exciting to see how it goes, a friend told me that he will play on Tuesday, so he has some more time to rest. Good luck Robin!

Nolby
01-15-2010, 04:30 PM
One great sign I just noticed:

The General Messages (GM) area of MTF has a poll on the Top eight seed most likely
to fail and Robin is the overwhelming vote leader in this poll. Since I've noticed MTF polls
in GM are ALWAYS incorrect, there couldn't be a better sign that he will do better than expected. :lol:

MediaRat
01-15-2010, 09:28 PM
For those who are interested (translated from Swedish media):
- - - -

- Robin was training this morning and it felt much better than yesterday, so no worries, says his coach Magnus Norman to SportExpressen.se.
Considering the match against Ljubicic, where Robin had to retire due to pain:
- I felt that I did not want to take any chances, says the Swedish World No 8, who after treatment is hoping to be back on track and able to hit with full force as usual.

Söderling - who is at the same side of the draw as World No 1 Roger Federer - is facing Marcel Granollers (from Spain) in the 1st round. A tennis player that Robin has beaten the 3 times they have met during 2009!

- - - -

GO ROBIN! WE STILL BELIEVE IN YOU! :woohoo:

MediaRat
01-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Latest entry from Robins coach Magnus - at answermyquestionjerk.se (my own translation as Swedish native speaker):
- - -

January 17, 2010 by magnus norman
Update 7 Melbourne

The weekend before a Grand Slam is here. Crowded with people in all areas such as the locker rooms, food cafeteria, gym and transportation. I am always amazed and wondering what all the people (that are here) actually do. Anyway, it´s great that the first Grand Slam of the year is starting (even though it´s 2 months to soon). However, I look at the week with confidence!
Good training sessions for us these last 2 days as well. Starting to "feel" the balls at the racket and they are staying a little longer at the strings. A little more speed in the feet as well. We are now downsizing the phsyio training and starting to conserve power for the tournament. Tough draw in the 1st roung. Grannollers is dangerous. Played well in Chennai where he challenged Cilic and played even with Robin in Wimbledon for example, last year. So, it´s all about going out there in the 1st round and do the hard work!!
*** Very good performance by Sofia Arvidsson to qualify to the main tournament yesterday, even though it was not her best tennis. Really strong!
*** The top players were entertaining at Rod Laver arena today in benefit of the Haiti-victims (from the earth-quake). Great initiative!

Talk to you later!

- - -

Nidhogg
01-18-2010, 05:21 PM
It's been a while since I said I'd upload some pics of the cats, so here they finally are. Elsa is black and Tisbe is grey.

http://pici.se/thumbs/t_bFBjjynvY.gif (http://pici.se/p/bFBjjynvY)

http://pici.se/thumbs/t_iQZxBoxIr.gif (http://pici.se/529960)

http://pici.se/thumbs/t_vAKZGGHIf.gif (http://pici.se/529962)

Tisbe can often be found lying just about anywhere. Right now when I'm writing this she's sleeping up on a bookshelf. :lol:

http://pici.se/thumbs/t_vzQEfHBjv.gif (http://pici.se/529965)

http://pici.se/thumbs/t_CrXMCWEyY.gif (http://pici.se/529969)

Nolby
01-18-2010, 05:41 PM
:awww::awww::awww:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2nujcs1.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/24b5e1f.jpg

DanaKz
01-19-2010, 07:11 AM
:sad: :help: :hysteric:
I hope this won't destroy his confidence... :sad:

Nidhogg
01-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I had no big hopes of him going deep here, but it would have been nice to grab his first official win of the year here today. Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be...

Take a long rest and come back strong, Robin. Now is a good time to do whatever precautions there are to sort out the issues with his arm, at least as good as they can be taken care of. :wavey:

Nolby
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
I've got nothing to say. He blew a 7-5, 6-2, 3-1 lead....nightmare...

swedes_rule
01-19-2010, 10:09 AM
nightmare is right tim.... i thought i was going to cry. im here in melbourne till sunday cos i thought he'd be here until then :(
i still cant believe it.. magnus looked SO disappointed. he said something about "we have to change something" when i asked him about next year.
ill put some photos up when im back home -internet is too slow here.

Nolby
01-19-2010, 11:56 AM
:sad:nightmare is right tim.... i thought i was going to cry. im here in melbourne till sunday cos i thought he'd be here until then :(
i still cant believe it.. magnus looked SO disappointed. he said something about "we have to change something" when i asked him about next year.

:hug: to all Soda fans. And I thought being a Nalby fan was tough! I haven't experienced a loss that soul crushing since Nalby blew a 2 set lead to Chardy in the French Open 2nd round 2008 and lost in 5 sets before Chardy was even a known name on tour. Same empty feeling inside. He should've been able to finish it. He was even up a break in the third. What else can you say? :sad: I want to wipe that one out of memory as soon as possible. "Disappointing" is an understatement despite my knowledge of his physical problems.

SweTennis
01-19-2010, 03:12 PM
:help: :banghead: I think this says much.

AgnRus
01-19-2010, 05:48 PM

me too:sad:

Robin:hug:

*Ljubica*
01-19-2010, 06:41 PM
nightmare is right tim.... i thought i was going to cry. im here in melbourne till sunday cos i thought he'd be here until then :(

:hug: I only saw the final set on TV before having to leave for work. So I can't really say anything about what happened or why. Is Robin's elbow still troubling him do you think?

It's awful to feel like that about a tennis match/player, but quite natural though I think, when the pressures and emotions catch up with you - especially when you are there live. I remember I really did cry when Novak had match points against Nadal in Madrid last year and still lost :tears: Also when he lost the Queens Final in 2008. I'm sure Robin will come back strong, and hope you can enjoy the rest of the tournament :hug:

MediaRat
01-19-2010, 11:24 PM
For the latest blog entry of Magnus Norman (Robin´s coach), I have made a translation into English and posted it in the Articles Thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=9523068&posted=1#post9523068

Orka_n
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I was away and couldn't watch the match. Now I'm happy that I didn't. Simply horrible. I hope he doesn't play more small tourneys, especially exos, for a while. First some rest, then learn to focus on the big tourneys. Even though he didn't look good before AO, I didn't expect this disaster...

Ilovetheblues_86
01-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Lets start the season,. shall we?
The phoenix will come back.

Nolby
01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Lets start the season,. shall we?
The phoenix will come back.

Thanks for the reminder, Saulo. That's what Robin's Twit pic represents:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8681962&postcount=836

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9353661&postcount=1398

Ilovetheblues_86
01-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Actually is about momentum. Söderling likes to act from the shadows. He likes to have something to prove. Out of the spotlight now, he will come better than ever. I fear for Menphis and Indian Wells players :lol:

SweTennis
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Actually is about momentum. Söderling likes to act from the shadows. He likes to have something to prove. Out of the spotlight now, he will come better than ever. I fear for Menphis and Indian Wells players :lol:

I really hope you're right. He must rest some weeks now and not play any exhos for a long time because he have to recover his elbow, otherwhise he will loose more matches.

Nolby
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Congrats Dana, on Jo-Willy's great performance today. Those last 5 games were incredible! :bounce:

This should make up a little for the disaster month Soda has had. :lol: I'm glad they didn't meet this round, but I'm foreseeing a Nole/Tsonga QF, so I won't like that one much either. One match at a time as they say, but I'll be really surprised if Almugro gives Jo-Willy much of a match; Haas is a much tougher opponent. Anyway, I am feeling happy for you today and you totally deserve to bask in some glory. :p If Nole and Tsonga do meet in the QFs, may the winner make the Final (and face Del Pony from the other half if I get my wish). :yeah:

Getta
02-01-2010, 03:57 AM
i’ve been recently accused by a Swedish fan of Robin of being a bandwagoner and abandoning him because he started losing…

i assume that the aforementioned MTFer read this post (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9376734&postcount=22) (at least i have the wilanders to admit that it was at Roland Garros this year when Robin got my attention). the apparently escaped post (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9376742&postcount=24) of mine should have palliated his/her misery though.

let me make this clear, my decision to stop posting here has nothing to do with cowardice. it’s frankly a rather embarrassing matter of puristic, sleek aesthetics. that is all.

now, that being said and that being a fact, go Robin go!

Nolby
02-02-2010, 03:43 AM
I was away and couldn't watch the match. Now I'm happy that I didn't. Simply horrible. I hope he doesn't play more small tourneys, especially exos, for a while. First some rest, then learn to focus on the big tourneys. Even though he didn't look good before AO, I didn't expect this disaster...

Well, he did lose to Ginepri in the first round at Chennai. He should have had about a month for his shoulder and elbow to have healed once he starts playing again. His twitter is reporting he is skiing in Austria right now, so he must be in pretty decent shape.

So articles are now coming out on his confirmation of playing in Rotterdam next week. Rosie, who will be making the trip, will hopefully have some great photos and stories of Robin's matches (note I'm using the plural :lol: ). I am very much looking forward to her reports! :)

By the way, Orka_n, I love your avatar and I've got some pics from the 2009 French Open I'm going to put up. I don't think many people would gather this, but your Avi pic is from Robin's third round win over David Ferrer. I think most people probably assume it was from the Nadal match. Some pics of him celebrating the win over Ferru below:

http://i49.tinypic.com/24zawko.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/zjjp7l.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/29goif6.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/b3tpaw.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/pcdn4.jpg

Nidhogg
02-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I downloaded and saw that match a while ago, and it was quite a struggle from the very first point til the last. It took quite an effort to finally get past the 3rd round of any slam or masters tournament, and we all know what happened after that. ;)

Nolby
02-04-2010, 07:36 AM
I downloaded and saw that match a while ago, and it was quite a struggle from the very first point til the last. It took quite an effort to finally get past the 3rd round of any slam or masters tournament, and we all know what happened after that. ;)

That was a great match, and the stats in it were about even from my recollection, so Robin was a handful of points away from not even getting a chance to win the "upset of the decade". The entire Ferru match is available for downloading (or at least it used to be). I'll see if I can add it to the Video thread. It was a really great match.

Also, there was some drama in that match as Ferru didn't take the loss very well. There was some bad blood. It was forgotten obviously a couple of days later. :lol:

I watched the entire Kolya match live and that one is worth watching if anyone ever doubts that Robin has the ability to completely dominate a top 10 opponent. That one is worth downloading just to remind oneself how good he can play when he is at his peak form. The scoreline was an incredible 6-1, 6-3, 6-1. :eek: I remember watching that match and thinking "this dude is going to win the French Open and if he keeps playing like that the sky is the limit." Then after losing the final, he went on to win the Bastad title on clay. Then the dammmn elbow injury in Hamburg at the next tourney kind of has been a fly in the ointment for a long time now. I hope that finally goes away and he plays as he is capable of doing in Rotterdam.

Orka_n
02-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Well, he did lose to Ginepri in the first round at Chennai. He should have had about a month for his shoulder and elbow to have healed once he starts playing again. His twitter is reporting he is skiing in Austria right now, so he must be in pretty decent shape.

So articles are now coming out on his confirmation of playing in Rotterdam next week. Rosie, who will be making the trip, will hopefully have some great photos and stories of Robin's matches (note I'm using the plural :lol: ). I am very much looking forward to her reports! :)

By the way, Orka_n, I love your avatar and I've got some pics from the 2009 French Open I'm going to put up. I don't think many people would gather this, but your Avi pic is from Robin's third round win over David Ferrer. I think most people probably assume it was from the Nadal match. Some pics of him celebrating the win over Ferru below.Thanks. Awesome pics you posted. I honestly didn't know which RG-match my avatar was from, I just thought it was a nice photo. I didn't see Sod vs. Ferrer, unfortunately. =]
I'm getting pumped for Rotterdam. I'm getting a good feeling about S-king's performance in this tourney.

*Ljubica*
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks. Awesome pics you posted. I honestly didn't know which RG-match my avatar was from, I just thought it was a nice photo. I didn't see Sod vs. Ferrer, unfortunately. =]
I'm getting pumped for Rotterdam. I'm getting a good feeling about S-king's performance in this tourney.

I will be in Rotterdam next week :) My Internet time will be limited but I will do my best to send in some reports.

AgnRus
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Main Draw of Rotterdam :

(1) DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB - STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy UKR
CHIUDINELLI, Marco SUI - LLODRA, Michael FRA
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB - MAYER, Florian GER
(WC) HAASE, Robin NED – (5) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

(4) MONFILS, Gael FRA - ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
(WC) DE BAKKER, Thiemo NED - KOROLEV, Evgeny KAZ
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP - QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER – (6) YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS

(7) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO - BENNETEAU, Julien FRA
BERRER, Michael GER - CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
ZVEREV, Mischa GER - QUALIFIER
SERRA, Florent FRA – (WC) (3) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(8) TROICKI, Viktor SRB - MELZER, Jurgen AUT
QUALIFIER - SEPPI, Andreas ITA
BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP - BLAKE, James USA
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP – (2) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

Nolby
02-13-2010, 10:37 PM
These are just some quickie vids that are enjoyable to watch in light of Robin making the Finals at Rotterdam:

Friday QF Highlights including Soda vs. Benneteau
uINhE0G0RA0

Highlights of Robin vs. Serra, First Round
WsBXZWjf2xM

KingSodaPop
02-14-2010, 05:04 AM
Thanks. Awesome pics you posted. I honestly didn't know which RG-match my avatar was from, I just thought it was a nice photo. I didn't see Sod vs. Ferrer, unfortunately. =]

You must be psychic! :lol: Nice call! :yeah:

KingSodaPop
02-14-2010, 05:05 AM

Do you still have the download links for that match?

AgnRus
02-14-2010, 05:24 AM
gt_xUyiKLRk&feature=channel

AgnRus
02-14-2010, 06:43 AM
http://www.tennishaven.com/details.php?id=923

Nidhogg
02-14-2010, 10:31 AM

Alas, no. The only thing I remember is that I downloaded it from RapidShare, but it should be available on some other pages as well.

Nolby
02-15-2010, 06:42 AM
http://www.tennishaven.com/details.php?id=923

Wow! Thanks, Nastia. I want to own the last 3 matches. :lol: We should get those links for the entire matches up on the Video thread this week.

Here are the highlights from the Final:

Rotterdam 2010 Sunday Highlights - Robin Soderling wins Title
y7OtdxapBlI

Nolby
02-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Alas, no. The only thing I remember is that I downloaded it from RapidShare, but it should be available on some other pages as well.

I checked the Rapidshare links for that match, and for some reason, Part 1 of 8 is not available, but the other 7 parts are. I was able to find Part 1 on one of my storage disks, so I uploaded it to MegaUpload.

So the entire Soda-Ferru Roland Garros 2009 R3 match can be downloaded here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9632442&postcount=26):
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9632442&postcount=26

Part 1 is on Megaupload, while parts 2-8 are on Rapidshare, but you need to download all the RAR files and decompress together to get the full match.

There is a link up for the last game of the R3 RG match against Ferru, showing Robin's reaction to winning the match, as in Orka_n's Avatar, if that is all one wants:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ERNS5RV

(no password required)

AgnRus
02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Wow! Thanks, Nastia. I want to own the last 3 matches. :lol: We should get those links for the entire matches up on the Video thread this week.

Hi, Tim!:wavey:
No problem :)

Rotterdam.F.Soderling.v.Youzhny
http://www.tennishaven.com/details.php?id=925

Rotterdam.QF.Soderling.v.Benneteau
http://t3nnis.tv/details.php?id=4405#

Nolby
02-15-2010, 06:12 PM

:wavey: Nastia

Clutch find! Thank you! You have no idea... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'd given up on looking for the Benneteau match. My eyes are killing me. I figured I'd be able to find that one or the Lyon Championship Title Robin won in 2008 over Benneteau, but came up empty trying everything I could think of.

It was hitting me that only Soda fans would want to watch that match because it is a rout, but to me it represents his return to form and is a match I will watch when I am losing belief because the turn around was so sudden.

By the way, I would love to own these matches. Does anyone know of any possible links for them?

-Grand Prix de Lyon 2008 Final - Robin def. Benneteau to win his Third title

-Milan Indoor 2005 Final - Robin def Stepanek to win his Second title

-Grand Prix de Lyon 2004 Final - Robin def. Malisse to win his First title

Nolby
02-16-2010, 01:14 PM

Nastia,

Does the Tennis Haven version of the match include the Trophy Ceremonies? The version I listed at Megaupload is in Spanish and cuts off after Misha concedes and shakes hands with Robin, but doesn't include the Trophy ceremonies. I don't understand why you would record a Championship Match and not include that part, so maybe the Tennis Haven one is better?

Thanks again! I'm at around 40% on the Benneteau match . I can split that one in two and upload it to Megaupload for all Soda fans that want to watch a cathartic rout after suffering through January. :lol:

Also, I was disappointed in the highlights videos I've seen on YouTube so far. Robin had some spectacular shots, some amazing defensive shots as has been pointed out, and the many of the best ones have been left off. I'm going to do my own highlight reel and upload it to YouTube for that Final. I'll post it here when it's up.

Orka_n
02-17-2010, 12:52 AM
You must be psychic! :lol: Nice call! :yeah:Thank you. :D
I seriously also believe he'll win Marseille. You can do it, Robin! :bounce:

gam_jonte
02-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Sadly Llodra won today against Baggy. I think this is really bad news for Robin, i watched their encounter in 08 and he had some real problems with Llodra then and he really looked sharp today. I really think that Baggy had been a better player for Söderling to face in the quarters. Now sadly i think his run will end against him.
But ofcourse there's a small chance that he'll win but i really don't whant to take that for granted either. :)

Nolby
02-18-2010, 03:19 AM
Sadly Llodra won today against Baggy. I think this is really bad news for Robin, i watched their encounter in 08 and he had some real problems with Llodra then and he really looked sharp today. I really think that Baggy had been a better player for Söderling to face in the quarters. Now sadly i think his run will end against him.
But ofcourse there's a small chance that he'll win but i really don't whant to take that for granted either. :)

I know Llordra seems to play well in these indoor French events as his only two good results from the past year were at Marseille and Lyon (Finals in both), but he is not an in-form player right now. The match he won over Robin in the Rotterdam final in 2008 was pretty close too: 6-7(3), 6-3, 7-6(4).

I'm sad Baggy lost because he is one of my favorite players, but from a Soda fan point of view, I'd much rather have him facing a Llordra who is 2-4 for the year and hasn't played well for the past year other than those 2 aforementioned tourneys, than have him meet an in-form Baggy who took the Stockholm Indoors title last Fall, Sydney in January and is 9-4 on the year. Robin used to have problems with Youzhny and Benneteau back in 2008 too. :lol:

I would enjoy seeing Llordra do some classic S&V against Robin and see how Robin would approach that style now. That could be a fun match. :yeah: Of course, he's got to get by Stakhovsky first. :p

Quite a bit of the 2008 Rotterdam Final between Robin and Llordra is up on YouTube:

BJ0m2SUULcU

j_sYcCh2Fd8

AgnRus
02-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Robin will be no 7 on monday :)
Higest ranking in his career!:worship:

swedes_rule
02-20-2010, 08:13 AM
omg thats AWESOME :D

*Ljubica*
02-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Robin will be no 7 on monday :)
Higest ranking in his career!:worship:

Congratulations to Robin :D

swedes_rule
02-22-2010, 11:06 AM
7 Soderling, Robin (SWE) 3,855

:D :worship:

Nolby
02-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Unreal!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I had no idea!! I was just casually looking at the new rankings to see how things were shaping up in the top 30 after Memphis, and had do literally do a double take when I saw that. :p It is so hard to ever guess these rankings, because I forgot Roddick won Memphis last year, and that his only making the QFs this year meant a huge loss in points.

I guess since Andy pulled out of Dubai, and neither he nor Robin are losing any points this week, Robin will be going into the Indian Wells Masters as 7th ranked player in the world. I just confirmed that on SteveG Tennis (http://www.stevegtennis.com/). That is fantastic!!

Congrats Robin on new Career High ranking #7! :worship:

http://i47.tinypic.com/k4tg9.jpg

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2010/02/22/Tsonga-out-of-ATP-Top-10/UPI-38631266843098/

Looking ahead, Robin is defending only 10 pts at both Indian Wells and Miami. Roddick is defending 360 pts (Semi-Final) and 180 pts (Quarter-Final). Things looking good to keep the #7 ranking for awhile.

SweTennis
02-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Great Robin! :D

SweTennis
02-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Robin and the rest of the Swedish DC team (obviously except for Aspelin right now) are at a training camp in Danderyd before the DC tie with Argentina. I think the draw will be done on Thursday and there will be decided who Robin will play against on Friday.

AgnRus
03-02-2010, 07:55 PM
http://svtplay.se/v/1912267/tennis/soderling___armen_kanns_bra_

http://svtplay.se/v/1912466/robin_helgens_stora_stjarna

Orka_n
03-02-2010, 11:49 PM

http://svtplay.se/v/1912466/robin_helgens_stora_stjarnaDo you understand what he's saying?

Orka_n
03-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Gah, I made a rough translation of the two vids.

Reporter: Yeah, Robin, it's been an eventful winter for you. How's the body and form?
Robin: It feels good, actually, I gotta say. I played good at the beginning of the year, the first tourney. Then I played a little worse at Australia. I worked hard but didn't find my form, but now I had great tournament at Rotterdam again. So it's been a few ups and downs, but I've worked as hard as I could and I've done my best, which makes me feel satisfied.
Reporter: And the arm?
Robin: Yeah, it feels fine now actually and that's great. The body feels really good, and that is a condition to play good tennis. So I'm very happy with that.
Reporter: It's DC now. Is your preparation different?
Robin: Nah... you mean from an ordinary contest? No, it isn't, really. I know I'll play 1-3 matches, we'll see how many, but I prepare in the same way I do before a normal tourney. Granted, Davis Cup is a bit different for sure, it's special to play for a team like this. But at the same time I'm used to preparing for an individual contest, and I feel I don't want to change that my preparation that much just because it's Davis Cup.
Reporter: You've gotten a new captain, too... Thomas Enqvist has succeeded Mats Wilander. Have you noticed any changes yet?
Robin: Yeah, personally I think Thomas is the perfect person to be the Davis Cup captain. I've known Thomas for a very long time, and he's helped me a great deal, especially when I was 16-17 years old and fought to have my breakthrough on the tour... he gave me a lot of valuable advice, and he practiced with me even though he really was several levels above me. He's always been completely humble, and I have Thomas to thank for a lot of things in my game. And I think it's really great that he accepted the job.
Reporter: You'll probably play doubles here too, something that you don't often do on the tour, how does that feel?
Robin: Yeah... I don't know, I've played a few Davis Cup double matches before, and it's... far from certain that I'm gonna play doubles here. We have 2 double players high in the world rankings, so we have a very good team. We have good single players, and good double players as I said, so we'll see which the picks are. But I'm sure that we'll find the best solution.
Reporter: If we look at Argentina... their no doubt best player won't be participating, does that effect you, how you look at this weekend?
Robin: No, not really... we need to focus on our own game and our own team and we have no influence over which players they decide to show up with. But Argentina could even produce 3 teams, 3 really good teams, and we have a great team too but it doesn't have Argentina's width. So I'm convinced it'll get really, really tough.

http://svtplay.se/v/1912466/robin_helgens_stora_stjarna

Reporter: He won the Davis Cup himself both in '97 and '98. Now he's supposed to lead the Swedish team to new achievements. Thomas Enqvist was a very successful player; the question is what he's like as a captain.
Enqvist: I don't know yet. It's all too new, it's like, the second day at the job. So we'll see. But it's a fairly easy job. The guys in the team are very capable, very professional, and I have Magnus Larsson to help me too. So it's not that hard.
Reporter: Robin Söderling looked charged on practice today and he's obviously the big star this weekend. But it's still unclear who will play the other singles match. Andreas Vinciguerra is the current pick, but Joachim PimPim Johansson is also practicing and he may replace Vinci.
Enqvist: They've actually both looked good, even though PimPim has played so few matches, he's looked really sharp. Vinci has looked great too, he's played on the ATP tour this last month and performed well, so it looks good. It's a pleasant problem.
Reporter: Who is the one closest to be chosen at the moment?
Enqvist: It's truly 50/50 I think. We'll see how it feels on thursday when we will have to make a decision.

DanaKz
03-03-2010, 05:46 AM
Orka_n :hug: Thank you! :)

swedes_rule
03-03-2010, 09:04 AM
thank you!!!!!!

AgnRus
03-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Orka_n, thank you very much!!!!:worship::hug:

Nolby
03-04-2010, 02:42 PM
So it looks like Pim Pim is playing the other rubber instead of Vinciguerra. Since he recently defeated Monaco in the Stockholm Open and beat Hewitt at Kuala Lumpur, I'm not surprised Enqvist has gone with the veteran.

Here is the drawn schedule:

Friday
Matches start 3pm CET (2pm GMT, 11am Argentina, 9am EST)

Eduardo Schwank vs Robin Söderling
Leornardo Mayer vs Joachim Johansson

Saturday
Doubles starts 4pm CET (3pm GMT, 12pm Argentina, 10am EST)

David Nalbandian/Horacio Zeballos vs Robin Söderling/Robert Lindstedt :worship:

[The official version of the draw is that Zeballos will play with Mayer but David Nalbandian has replaced the 19 year old Frederico Del Bonis (ranked in the 200s) who was chosen to replace Monaco, and he is flying up to Sweden and Argentine Captain Modesto Vazquez states Nalby will play in the doubles match on Saturday. As a Nalby/Soda fan, I am going to be really excited to see the Doubles match for once.]

Sunday
Matches start 1pm CET (12pm GMT, 9am Argentina, 7am EST)

Leonardo Mayer vs Robin Söderling
Eduardo Schwank vs Joachim Johansson

If Pim Pim can beat Mayer on Friday, it might save both Nalby and Robin the issue of having to play an exhausting match on Sunday before they head off to Indian Wells next week. I am personally hoping for a quick ending to this tie for the sake of both Robin and David. The doubles match on Saturday should be really entertaining.

Nalbandian entering DC as replacement at last minute:
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1239638

http://www.india-server.com/news/david-nalbandian-to-join-argentinas-22187.html

Nalbandian to play Doubles:
http://www.telam.com.ar/vernota.php?tipo=N&idPub=179595&id=343711&dis=1&sec=1

Joachim Johansson to play #2 in Singles behind Robin and news on the draw:
http://www.tennistalk.com/sv/nyheter/20100304/S%C3%B6derling_f%C3%B6rst_ut_i_kungliga

I highly doubt David will get into Stockholm late in the evening and play on Friday. Since Robin is playing the most experienced player from the Argentine team in terms of match play and success this year (Leonardo Mayer, #69 and had success this year on US hard courts) in the first match on Sunday (4th overall), the odds are not good that he will meet Nalby at all in Singles. That is a good thing as I don't want to see those two play a potential 5 set epic a day or two before they have to travel to Indian Wells. Robin vs. Nalby in a 2-2 deciding match would be a nightmare scenario for both of these players given that the Masters is coming up.

AgnRus
03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
http://tv.expressen.se/nyheter/1.1906141/bra-chans-att-bli-varldsetta
Dear Orka_n , translate please :help::kiss::hug:

SweTennis
03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Come on Robin! Win it in 3 easy sets!

Orka_n
03-05-2010, 12:11 AM
http://tv.expressen.se/nyheter/1.1906141/bra-chans-att-bli-varldsetta
Dear Orka_n , translate please :help::kiss::hug:Okay. ;)

They seem to have just watched a clip with someone speaking about Soderling (it might have been Thomas Enqvist talking).
Robin: "...as Thomas said here, I'm big... tall and pretty heavy. Obviously that gives me many advantages in the game but of course it makes moving a little harder. But... I also feel that, if you look at the top guys, what makes them so good? It's because they're complete. They don't really have any weaknesses, and that, I think..."
Reporter [interrupting]: "What weaknesses do you have?"
Robin: "Eh... that's... I'm working a lot on movement, how I move on the court and how I approach the net. I often hit several good shots but the opponents nowadays move so well and return many of them. And if I could approach the net a bit more, I think I would gain much."
Reporter [to Enqvist]: "Is that a good analysis?"
Enqvist: "Yeah, definitely. I really think that Robin has a good chance at becoming world #1. He's already pretty complete, and he covers all surfaces, so he can win tourneys during the entire course of the year. It's not like he has a type of game that only fits a certain part of the season where he then has to deliver. Robin has the chance to win any tournament during the year. And he's a stable player without any weak spots, so... I think, I'm convinced, that he will win a slam. I'm not [I]convinced that he'll become world #1, but I think he has a good shot."

Nolby
03-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm staying neutral this weekend as Nalby and Soda are my two favorites, but I'm looking forward to watching the doubles match tomorrow. I've been playing with recording matches and thought the match point would be a good thing to put up now. Congrats Robin on another great win! :worship: Praying you and Nalby don't play on Sunday, but doubles match tomorrow is going to be much fun. :lol:

MNCtdpEPMiA

(Orka_n and Nastia, I've got some footage right now of Robin being interviewed in Swedish. I may post and ask you to translate as I have no idea what he said.)

DanaKz
03-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Seems like Robin and Jo decided to kill me today!:scratch: What a nailbiter!

gam_jonte
03-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Nolby as i've understood it Söderling can't play against Nalby on Sunday since he'll meet the nr1 ranked player in the Argie team and Nalby is the lowest ranked player there which means he'll play the fifh match against either Pim Pim or Vinci. :)

AgnRus
03-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Robin & Robert:sad:...awful:mad:

Nolby
03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Nolby as i've understood it Söderling can't play against Nalby on Sunday since he'll meet the nr1 ranked player in the Argie team and Nalby is the lowest ranked player there which means he'll play the fifh match against either Pim Pim or Vinci. :)

I know that is the rational response, gam_jonte. I was VERY relieved when I saw the schedule coming out, as it would be crazy for Argentina to do something like replace the "on fire" Mayer with Nalby and have someone like Schwank play Pim Pim or Vinci. That is conceivable, but extremely unlikely, especially now that they won the doubles rubber. I'm guessing they will take their chances with Mayer, Soda will win a tough match, and Pim Pim and Nalby will play for the win.

Unbelievable drama, and I'm torn up in knots with this tie. I have no problems cheering for Sweden or Argentina the rest of the way though after Sunday. Can't wait until this is over. :p

gam_jonte
03-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes, the tie became way to hard for us after this defeat.. We really needed that doubles match and i don't think we'll be able to win this now. Such a shame since we had such luck with the draw.. :/

Nolby
03-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Yes, the tie became way to hard for us after this defeat.. We really needed that doubles match and i don't think we'll be able to win this now. Such a shame since we had such luck with the draw.. :/

Don't you think Soda is going to beat Mayer? :shrug:

Who knows what will happen in that last match. Nalby is coming off 10 months of major hip surgery and recovery and Pim Pim looked sharp on Friday.

Chris-swede
03-08-2010, 09:39 AM
and sweden lost...

Orka_n
03-08-2010, 12:21 PM
But Soderking did his part. Sweden just doesn't have anyone to back him up these days... I kind of expected this result.

Now then. On to Indian Wells. What can Robin accomplish there? What do you guys think?

gam_jonte
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, if he gets a good draw he can go far i think. In both these masters he's got little points to defend and has a great chance to collect more for the future. I'm thinking about the French where i don't think he'll reach as far this year and then it's good to have some points to keep you afloat when the FO points drop of. :) Actually i think he'll gather enough points to not fall out of the top 10 after the French, or atleast i really hope so. :)

Nolby
03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
He is only defending 10 pts at both Indian Wells and Miami. His form continued to look good taking down Leonardo Mayer, who is a player on the rise for Argentina, and had only lost to the eventual champion in all three American hard court events he played prior to the Davis Cup. So outlook is very bright going into Indian Wells. I am glad he played the minimum number of sets for playing 3 DC matches as I have been worried that he might exhaust himself. But he looked good after the match cheering on Vinciguerra.

Anyone have any critiques of how Sweden utilized their players in the three matches outside of the Soda singles? Simon Aspelin just won the Dubai Doubles Championship a week ago last Sunday. It seems a little crazy not to use a top 20 doubles player that just won an ATP500 Championship. I looked at his history and the history of Lindstedt, and noticed they don't play together, which seems kind of strange since they both hover around the Top 20. Does anyone know the story behind that? Also, it was obvious going in that Mayer has been playing some pretty good tennis on the American hard court surfaces and was the Argentine #1. I didn't think Pim Pim lost the match on Friday so much as Mayer won it. The match was decided by the fact Mayer converted his break points (3/3) and Pim Pim did not (1/6). Since Pim Pim just took out some major names in his last two tournaments last Fall (Hewitt at Kuala Lumpur and Juan Monaco at the Stockholm Open) and Vinci is 0-1 at the ATP level for this year, I was surprised Pim Pim didn't play David in the Final rubber.

I guess it is easy to sit back and critique moves after the event, but as an Armchair Coach I would find some way for Aspelin and Lindstedt to get some practice and tournament experience (if possible....don't know the full story behind that) together and have them play the Doubles rubber together. I would accept Pim Pim's participation and if he lost to the other country's #1 in a tough match on Friday, I'd play him again on Sunday with no regrets. He has proven he can beat the top players on a reliable basis. I just don't understand those decisions.

As a fan of Nalby, I was relieved to see Vinci out there instead of Pim Pim for David's match even before it began. Pim Pim would have been an intimidating opponent for a guy that wasn't feeling 100%. Also, David wouldn't have been able to impose his veteran status over an opponent like Pim Pim who has taken out other vets like Hewitt in recent matches. Other Nalby fans also expressed relief Pim Pim wasn't David's opponent before the match. That was the fear from the Argentine fan base going in. What else can I say?

minh
03-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Sod is no.6 at IW ( Not Delpotro), hope Soderling play well

SweTennis
03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Sod is no.6 at IW ( Not Delpotro), hope Soderling play well

Welcome to the forum minh! :)

minh
03-10-2010, 03:22 AM
Welcome to the forum minh! :)
Thank u so much:):):):):):):):):)

DanaKz
03-10-2010, 05:38 AM
Robin's draw is so no good :(
Korolev (0-2)
Lopez(2-4)
:(

Nolby
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Robin's draw is so no good :(
Korolev (0-2)
Lopez(2-4)
:(

I wasn't happy when I saw it either. :( Only one way to look at it if you are Soda: it is payback time! :p

Oh yeah, and then Tsonga or Llodra (who he just lost to at Marseille) in R16 if he gets past the first two historically difficult match-up problems. It is almost like someone purposely drew his worst match-ups on purpose. :mad: Why does the 6th seed get the 9th seed in his 1/16? I never understand why they just don't do it straight up with #1 getting #16, #2 getting #15 and so on. Noone would have any questions or issues if they just did it flush with the seedings meeting in a dependable format. He should be on a path to play #11 JC Ferrero instead of Tsonga in R16. :mad:

SweTennis
03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I wasn't happy when I saw it either. :( Only one way to look at it if you are Soda: it is payback time! :p

Oh yeah, and then Tsonga or Llodra (who he just lost to at Marseille) in R16 if he gets past the first two historically difficult match-up problems. It is almost like someone purposely drew his worst match-ups on purpose. :mad: Why does the 6th seed get the 9th seed in his 1/16? I never understand why they just don't do it straight up with #1 getting #16, #2 getting #15 and so on. Noone would have any questions or issues if they just did it flush with the seedings meeting in a dependable format. He should be on a path to play #11 JC Ferrero instead of Tsonga in R16. :mad:

Indeed.

minh
03-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Not good Draw, but anyway, hope Sod will play well

minh
03-12-2010, 02:33 AM
He is only defending 10 pts at both Indian Wells and Miami
And defend 110 pts at Sunrise challenge

SweTennis
03-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Robin is playing doubles today together with Robert Lindstedt. They are going to play against Benneteau / Tsonga. Good luck Robin & Robban! :)

minh
03-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Robin & Robert lost:sad::sad:
J Benneteau (FRA) / J Tsonga (FRA) d R Lindstedt (SWE) / R Soderling (SWE) 75 75
But Robin can concentrate on his single matches more

tedlesurfeur
03-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Robin is playing doubles today together with Robert Lindstedt. They are going to play against Benneteau / Tsonga. Good luck Robin & Robban! :)

They lost unfortunately. However, Robin got to practise his volleys a little at least.

Hey, Carlita and I are going to Sweden, are you from there? :wavey:

SweTennis
03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes, I'm from Sweden. :)

tedlesurfeur
03-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes, I'm from Sweden. :)

Well, we should meet up !!! Do you play tennis? :D

Are there other Swedes on MTF ? :lol:

We'll in in Stockholm, for 5 days. :worship: I'm excited !!! I'm looking forward to it. I have like 0 expectations, and know nothing about sweden, so, it will be positive for me.

Where are you from exactly?

SweTennis
03-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Well, we should meet up !!! Do you play tennis? :D

Are there other Swedes on MTF ? :lol:

We'll in in Stockholm, for 5 days. :worship: I'm excited !!! I'm looking forward to it. I have like 0 expectations, and know nothing about sweden, so, it will be positive for me.

Where are you from exactly?

I know there are severals here :P. What are you going to do in Stockholm? Btw, it's a beautiful city so take your time to see as much as possible. The thing I can say about where I am from is that I'm not from Stockholm, more to the south :P.

tedlesurfeur
03-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I know there are severals here :P. What are you going to do in Stockholm? Btw, it's a beautiful city so take your time to see as much as possible. The thing I can say about where I am from is that I'm not from Stockholm, more to the south :P.

I have no idea what we're going to see or do, I don't like planning too much. It takes all the fun away.

Are any of you guys coming to meet up with us? :p :wavey:

SweTennis
03-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Haha,ok, I'm the opposite. I gotta plan otherwhise I get nervous ;). I'm not coming anyway:P, too far away.

tedlesurfeur
03-13-2010, 04:57 PM
what about the others? C'mon, I wanna meet people.

HELLO TO ALL SWEET SWEDES (will that do the trick? :haha: )

gam_jonte
03-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Well, i'm from Sweden aswell but just like SweTennis i have such a long trip to make it to sthlm. It would take me about 6-7 hours from where i live to get to Stockholm :P So where do you live then SweTennis? :) All i will say is Kom Igen Timrå tonight! :)

minh
03-14-2010, 01:09 AM
STADIUM 3 start 11:00 am
A Clement (FRA) vs [27] M Baghdatis (CYP) - ATP
J Craybas (USA) vs [11] M Bartoli (FRA) - WTA
E Korolev (KAZ) vs [6] R Soderling (SWE) - ATP
[WC] D Nalbandian (ARG) vs [22] J Melzer (AUT) - ATP
M Russell (USA) vs [32] I Andreev (RUS) - ATP

SweTennis
03-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Good luck Robin and Di Blåe! ;)

Nolby
03-30-2010, 03:10 AM
I've got something I think is news, as I haven't read the announcement on it here yet. I stumbled into Soderking's new Official web site (http://robinsoderling.se) while looking for news on his trouncing of Philipp Petzschner today in the 3rd Round at Miami. I don't know how long this has been up, and I remember last December when he announced the web site (http://robinsoderling.se), but it is up and running and extremely well designed:

http://robinsoderling.se

There is a blog that includes his latest entry on celebrating Jenni's birthday and a bit on the Dolphins:

http://robinsoderling.se/blog/

http://robinsoderling.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/IMG_3083-393x295.jpg
Birthday dinner at Devito’s

Friday 26 March 2010
This Wednsday Jenni and I went to the Miami Sea Aquarium with some of the other ATP players to swim with dolphins. It really was a lot of fun, even though the water was freezing. Good timing as well, since Jenni’s birthday was on the very same day.
Later that evening we went to have birthday dinner at DeVito’s (http://www.devitosouthbeach.com) on South Beach. Great food and cool atmosphere. Instead of cake we ordered in Smores for dessert. Probably the one place in South Beach where you can order a campfire to your table. http://robinsoderling.se/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif
(There are some photos uploaded from today if you look at my albums in Media).
===================================

Anyway, it looks like it has been up since Indian Wells began, but I haven't been on Twitter in awhile so I missed the announcement. But this site looks really great.

I successfully recorded the match today between Robin and Picasso, and will upload and provide links within a few hours. As other top players continue to go through slumps, Robin still looks in the zone. Another great performance today and another career best result making the R16 in Miami.
===================================
EDIT:

I checked Twitter and he announced the web site on March 17th. There is a Fan Forum as well. Man, have I been out of it! :p

On March 22, he tweeted:

"you can now upload your photos in the forum at www.robinsoderling.se (http://www.robinsoderling.se/) "

I haven't figured out where "the forum" is at yet. Has anyone else been in there?

It isn't quite intuitive yet. On the Fanzone page, under the Number 04, click on "Questions Forum Ask Robin" (doesn't look like a link until you mouse over it) and that takes you here: (http://robinsoderling.se/forum/register.php)

http://robinsoderling.se/forum/register.php
=====================================
More great dolphin pics:

http://robinsoderling.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/006_62-443x295.jpg

minh
03-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks Nolby about Web of Robin, I hadn't found out it for a long time

Nolby
03-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks Nolby about Web of Robin, I hadn't found out it for a long time

Thanks, Minh! I'm going to put this info at the top of this thread so people don't miss it. Robin's Official Web Site is now up and available and is pretty well developed:

The new web site (http://robinsoderling.se/):

http://robinsoderling.se (http://robinsoderling.se/)

There is also a Fan Forum on the web site, but it is kind of hard to find at first glance. On the Fanzone page, under the Number 04, click on "Forum" (doesn't look like a link until you mouse over it) and that takes you here: (http://robinsoderling.se/forum/register.php)

http://robinsoderling.se/forum/register.php

SweTennis
03-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Woho! He has finally got a website. :P

tedlesurfeur
04-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could recommend Carlita and me some sites to check in Stokholm, or the surrounding, as we are going there from April 21st to the 26th. :wavey: thank you

SweTennis
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
There are several of museums in Stockholm, like the Museum of Natural History and Cosmonova (Naturhistoriska riksmuseet), the Vasa Museum (Vasamuseet), Skansen and many more. You should also see Gamla Stan (the Old City, with old beautiful buildings), the Stockholm Palace (Stockholms slott), Stockholm Globe Arena (Globen). I can't count them all but there are very much sites in Stockholm. You can check it up at Wikipedia or look here: http://beta.stockholmtown.com/en/. Good luck and enjoy your time in Stockholm. :)

tedlesurfeur
04-05-2010, 12:16 AM
There are several of museums in Stockholm, like the Museum of Natural History and Cosmonova (Naturhistoriska riksmuseet), the Vasa Museum (Vasamuseet), Skansen and many more. You should also see Gamla Stan (the Old City, with old beautiful buildings), the Stockholm Palace (Stockholms slott), Stockholm Globe Arena (Globen). I can't count them all but there are very much sites in Stockholm. You can check it up at Wikipedia or look here: http://beta.stockholmtown.com/en/. Good luck and enjoy your time in Stockholm. :)

Thank you :wavey:

starluk
05-02-2010, 03:55 AM
any guys know when Magnus begand to coach Robin?May 2009?

swedes_rule
05-02-2010, 06:58 AM
End of 2008 unofficially, officially in jan 09 in Brisbane :)

Etern
05-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could recommend Carlita and me some sites to check in Stokholm, or the surrounding, as we are going there from April 21st to the 26th. :wavey: thank you

I know it's to late to recommend things to see in Stockholm but I'm curious about what you thought of my hometown :)

And to everyone here, do you believe he will play Nice or not? Hopefully he will do well in Madrid and skip Nice. Thats my opinion but what do you think?

minh
05-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Yeah, i also think Robin should skip ATP250 Nice to focus on preparing best for RG,
But I think he will play Nice or not, it depends on his achievement in MAdrid, if he plays well in MAdrid ( SF, Final or Winner) I'm sure that he will skip NIce :)

Orka_n
05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Yeah, i also think Robin should skip ATP250 Nice to focus on preparing best for RG,
But I think he will play Nice or not, it depends on his achievement in MAdrid, if he plays well in MAdrid ( SF, Final or Winner) I'm sure that he will skip NIce :)I hope so. Whether he plays Nice of not, he just has to find his form for RG, that's the priority.

AgnRus
05-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Robin will be on hand to assist with the official draw ceremony in Madrid, which takes place at the Magic Box at 14:00 hrs on Saturday.:worship:

Please, Robin, get yourself in another part of draw from Nadal:devil:

misty1
05-08-2010, 03:59 PM
he draws verdasco in his quarter again:mad:

AgnRus
05-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Madrid Open Draw

FEDERER, Roger (SUI) [1] - Bye
MOYA, Carlos (ESP) [WC] - BECKER, Benjamin (GER)
MAYER, Leonardo (ARG) - BENNETEAU, Julien (FRA)
GRANOLLERS, Marcel (ESP) [WC] - WAWRINKA, Stanislas (SUI) [15]
YOUZHNY, Mikhail (RUS) [10] - LACKO, Lukas (SVK)
GULBIS, Ernests (LAT) - MONTANES, Albert (ESP)
KUBOT, Lukasz (POL) - LOPEZ, Feliciano (ESP)
Bye - RODDICK, Andy (USA) [5]

MURRAY, Andy (GBR) [3] - Bye
CUEVAS, Pablo (URU) - QUALIFIER, 1 (UNK)
HANESCU, Victor (ROU) - ANDREEV, Igor (RUS)
QUALIFIER, 2 (UNK) - QUERREY, Sam (USA) [14]
FERRER, David (ESP) [9] - CHARDY, Jeremy (FRA)
BAGHDATIS, Marcos (CYP) - CHIUDINELLI, Marco (SUI)
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri (FRA) - SCHWANK, Eduardo (ARG)
Bye - CILIC, Marin (CRO) [8]

VERDASCO, Fernando (ESP) [6] - Bye
KOROLEV, Evgeny (KAZ) - KARLOVIC, Ivo (CRO)
QUALIFIER, 3 (UNK) - MELZER, Jurgen (AUT)
NALBANDIAN, David (ARG) [WC] - BERDYCH, Tomas (CZE) [11]
BELLUCCI, Thomaz (BRA) [16] - RIBA, Pere (ESP) [WC]
MONACO, Juan (ARG) - GREUL, Simon (GER)
ALMAGRO, Nicolas (ESP) - TROICKI, Viktor (SRB)
Bye - SODERLING, Robin (SWE) [4]

TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) [7] - Bye
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo (ESP) - QUALIFIER, 4 (UNK)
FOGNINI, Fabio (ITA) - PETZSCHNER, Philipp (GER)
ROBERT, Stephane (FRA) - MONFILS, Gael (FRA) [12]
ISNER, John (USA) [13] - QUALIFIER, 5 (UNK)
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp (GER) - QUALIFIER, 6 (UNK)
QUALIFIER, 7 (UNK) - SEPPI, Andreas (ITA)
Bye - NADAL, Rafael (ESP) [2]

Robin got a bad draw:mad:
Almagro/Troicki in first match:smash:

Anyway, good luck, Robin!:)

DanaKz
05-08-2010, 07:22 PM
:mad:
WTF!

Good luck Robin, you need it.

minh
05-09-2010, 02:54 AM
no problem, Come on Robin, try to play well :hug:
Can anyone creat a new thread to cheer for Robin play Madrid??:)

I_Dasco
05-10-2010, 01:50 PM
good luck to Robin Although face Ver in SF

minh
05-10-2010, 01:57 PM
good luck to Robin Although face Ver in SF
maybe QF :(, good luck RObin

I_Dasco
05-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Yes forget... it... QF is too early...

AgnRus
05-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Almagro in first match on Wednesday :(

minh
05-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Robin Soderling headlines a difficult section of the draw at the Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open this week. With Novak Djokovic and Juan Martin Del Potro out of contention, the Swede enters the event as the fourth seed.

World No. 7 Robin Soderling will have one additional opportunity to fine-tune his form before defending runner-up points at the French Open later this month. The Swede will attempt to rebound after an early loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in Rome.

Soderling has competed well this season, having reached the quarterfinal or better in five tournaments including: Rotterdam (won), Marseille, Indian Wells, Miami and Barcelona. The 25-year-old advanced to the championship match in Barcelona, where he finished runner-up to Fernando Verdasco.

Soderling may have to face Verdasco later in the week, as the 6th-seeded Spaniard looms as a likely quarterfinal-round opponent. After a first-round bye, the Swede is scheduled to open his 2010 Madrid campaign against either Nicolas Almagro or Viktor Troicki.

The closest seed for the World No. 7 is No. 16 Thomaz Bellucci, who won the clay-court event in Santiago last February. The Brazilian must pass through Pere Riba and Juan Monaco, prior to a third-round meeting with Soderling.

Other competitors in Soderling’s section of the draw are: 11th seed Tomas Berdych, Ivo Karlovic, Jurgen Melzer, Kevin Anderson and wildcard David Nalbandian, who captured the Madrid title in 2007 over World No. 1 Roger Federer.

SweTennis
06-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Centre Court 13:00 Start Time
1. Ladies' Singles - 1st Round
Serena Williams (USA)[1] v. Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR)
2. Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Round
Kei Nishikori (JPN) v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]
3. Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Round
Robin Soderling (SWE)[6] v. Robby Ginepri (USA)

Great that he's going to play on CC. Good luck, Robin! I think he will win this in 3, maybe 4, sets.

SweTennis
06-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Court 12 12:00 Start Time
1. Ladies' Singles - 4th Round
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[21] v. Jelena Jankovic (SRB)[4]
2. Gentlemen's Singles - 4th Round
Julien Benneteau (FRA)[32] v. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)[10]
3. Gentlemen's Singles - 4th Round
Robin Soderling (SWE)[6] v. David Ferrer (ESP)[9]

Hmm, Court 12... Anyway, good luck Robin! :)

minh
06-27-2010, 11:31 AM
OMG, so late, i won't be able to see this match :(

AgnRus
06-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Magnus :(
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multimedia/dynamic/01225/norm_1225585b.jpg

He is tore the Achilles tendon while playing squash with ex-pro Johan Carlsson 2 days ago.

SweTennis
06-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm glad it wasn't Robin. :P

SweTennis
09-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Davis Cup in Lidköping against Italy is coming closer and closer, the match begins on Friday. Good luck Sweden and Robin!

Fake
09-12-2010, 12:35 PM
i hope swedish players (including Robin) is gonna be much luckier than russian ones)

SweTennis
09-13-2010, 04:24 PM
So do I. :)

SweTennis
09-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Rubber 1
Andreas VINCIGUERRA (SWE)
Potito STARACE (ITA)

Rubber 2
Robin SODERLING (SWE)
Fabio FOGNINI (ITA)

Rubber 3
Simon ASPELIN / Robert LINDSTEDT (SWE)
Simone BOLELLI / Daniele BRACCIALI (ITA)

Rubber 4
Robin SODERLING (SWE)
Potito STARACE (ITA)

Rubber 5
Andreas VINCIGUERRA (SWE)
Fabio FOGNINI (ITA)

Copied from daviscup.com. Good luck Sweden!

AgnRus
09-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Great win from Robin!:worship: 6-1 6-3 6-2:woohoo:

SweTennis
09-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Really good match. But Lindstedt/Aspelin have to win the double, I don't think Vinci will win his second match.

MalwareDie
09-18-2010, 01:41 AM
I didn't see a point of this match but believe you, Soderling's serve indoor and outdoor are two different serves. Maybe he has problem with keeping concentration when the sun hits his eyes :o Should talk to Tipsarevic or Clement, maybe they would advice him some glasses, would be funny to see him in glasses on the court :lol:

What do you guys think?

AgnRus
09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Soderling/75-1.jpg

AgnRus
09-18-2010, 10:38 AM
What do you guys think?
this

No surprise when you look at his astronomic ball toss.

sad but true

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Soderling/4413402686_ce860a09a6_z.jpg

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Soderling/878f5f88.jpg

Orka_n
09-18-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm going to watch Robin live for the first time tomorrow. :rocker2: (I'm Orka_n. Sorry about the nickname - but a promise is a promise. I'll change it back later.)
I think he'll beat Starace comfortably. I'll be in Lidköping the whole day of course so I'll see Vinci too, but this is sure gonna be fun. :) I got front rows seats so I'm gonna have my friend next to me take a lot of photos.

MalwareDie
09-19-2010, 01:53 AM
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Soderling/4413402686_ce860a09a6_z.jpg

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Soderling/878f5f88.jpg

Maybe somebody should tweet him about getting glasses for outdoor play.

AgnRus
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Congratulations to Robin and the whole Swedish team. Robin won 6-3 6-3 6-3 :worship:
waiting for your photos, Orka_n! :)

SweTennis
09-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Without Robin, we hadn't won and we wouldn't be playing in the World Group. There must be some other single player that Enqvist can choose. If Lindstedt/Aspelin had lost the double match, it hadn't mattered if Robin won or lost, the whole match would be lost anyway.

Orka_n
09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Congratulations to Robin and the whole Swedish team. Robin won 6-3 6-3 6-3 :worship:
waiting for your photos, Orka_n! :)I took some shots but sadly the camera wasn't mine and I don't live in Lidköping like my friend who owns it. But as soon as I get the pics I will post them here. :)
Robin is on another level than Bolelli. Played good today, especially his serve was deadly. I've finally seen Robin live now :worship:
Also, Vinci is done. We all knew that, but... :sad:

AgnRus
09-23-2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.uomacau.com/attachments/month_1008/20100812_dda384428c3cd7b442cehlkOTXafM12j.jpg

Soderling, Davydenko to face off in Macau showdown

MANILA, Philippines – Four of the world’s top male tennis players will begin their preparations for this year’s Asian swing of the ATP World Tour in the 4th edition of The Venetian Macao Tennis Showdown 2010 on Sunday.

World No. 5 Robin Soderling of Sweden, World No. 6 Nikolay Davydenko of Russia, World No. 7 Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic and World No. 11 David Ferrer of Spain will face off in the Cotai Arena at The Venetian Macao-Resort-Hotel.

The event will have a unique format of 5 different one-set matches that will result in one singles winner and one winning doubles team.

Soderling, who has 5 career titles, reached back-to-back French Open finals in 2009 and 2010 while Davydenko, a winner of 20 career titles, is the reigning ATP World Tour Finals Champion.

Berdych, who made it to this year’s Wimbledon final, has 5 career titles while Ferrer has won 8 career titles.

Last year, tennis legends Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras renewed their rivalry in the 3rd edition of The Venetian Macao Tennis Showdown.

Sampras won the exhibition match, 3-6, 6-3, 10-8, with the third set going into a tiebreaker.

In 2008, John McEnroe, Bjorn Borg, James Blake and Roger Federer took part in the Macau tennis event.

The tennis showdown’s inaugural edition in 2007 featured Sampras and Federer.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09/21/10/soderling-davydenko-face-macau-showdown

Ad Wim
09-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Nice, this means he has arrived in Asia and should be well prepared. I hope for some last good HC-tournaments and then tear everyone apart indoors.

AgnRus
09-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Malaysian Open
Main Draw

[1] Robin Soderling (SWE) bye
Qualifier - Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA)
Alejandro Falla (COL) - Kevin Anderson (RSA)
Yen-Hsun Lu (TPE) - [8] Andrey Golubev (KAZ)

[3] Tomas Berdych (CZE) bye
Marsel Ilhan (TUR) - Denis Istomin (UZB)
[WC] Yew-Ming Si (MAS) - [WC] Yuki Bhambri (IND)
[WC] Bernard Tomic (AUS) - [5] David Ferrer (ESP)

[6] Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) - Kei Nishikori (JPN)
Michal Przysiezny (POL) - Santiago Giraldo (COL)
Oleksandr Dolgopolov (UKR) - Qualifier
[4] Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) bye

[7] Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR) - Michael Russell (USA)
Igor Kunitsyn (RUS) - Qualifier
Go Soeda (JPN) - Qualifier
[2] Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) bye

SweTennis
09-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Good draw. I expect a quarter final at least.