Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Kristen
05-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Straight sets [Two of which were tiebreaks!?].
I don't want to speak too soon, but this is nice, having a Swede who can win a tiebreak ;)

EDIT: That's what happens when I write my post, but don't submit it for half an hour. He plays Denis Istomin next, who I really like, for no good reason.

SwedSerbia
05-25-2009, 02:38 PM
From tennis.se

Robin Söderling had a tougher start to the Roland Garros than many had expected. But after 2 hours and 17 minutes was the victory with 7-6, 7-6, 6-2 against Kevin Kim, USA.

"I think he is considerably better than his ranking. He plays flat and love to play with my speed," says Söderling.
American played tough and kept pace with Söderling tempo terms, and he had the lead in both the first and second set but the Swede came back both times and won tiebreaken quite convincing.

- It was tough and hard when it's this passport hot and humid, notes Söderling and continue ...

- Completely different from in Düsseldorf last week. And also different from this last year when it was wetter and the balls behave slightly different, which suits me better.

Game-wise he points out again that the more typical gravel players fit him better than the play types that Kim does. And today was the American a period in which he played successfully with very small margins.

- I have not counted line matches but it was a gang. He strikes so flat that you can read the text on the ball throughout the track ball but he has more trouble when I can roll up to, for instance, his backhand.

And he was pleased with the result but perhaps not so happy with the game.

- I know that I can wake up another day and play much better but I am glad I could turn both sets but to play well and it is exactly this kind of games we talked about the need to win, he rounded.

The next opponent will be Denis Istomin as Söderling has no eye on but coach Magnus Norman were probably out to see the last set of Uzbekiern and on Wednesday tactic clear.

swedes_rule
05-27-2009, 10:43 PM
6-4 7-6 6-4 over Istomin in round 2. Another tight straight setter but it will do :) Next up David Ferrer... EEP.

rrfnpump
05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
My pictures of Robin from Roland Garros! :)

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2009%20French%20Open/Day%2003%20Tuesday/DSC_0462.jpg

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2009%20French%20Open/Day%2003%20Tuesday/DSC_0470.jpg

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2009%20French%20Open/Day%2003%20Tuesday/DSC_0472.jpg

More here! (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2009%20French%20Open/)

swedes_rule
05-28-2009, 03:09 AM
very nice!!! thank you :)
look how long magnus' hair is!! :)

Ilovetheblues_86
05-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Magnus hair reminded mine when he was young, I hope to not get too bald when I reach thirties :(.

Now against Ferrer, tough tougfh tough let´s cheer a lot.

Ilovetheblues_86
05-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow Soda is putting 200km/h in his first serve average. :eek:

Ilovetheblues_86
05-29-2009, 04:59 PM
What a fighter Ferrer 4-4 in fourth set.

Ilovetheblues_86
05-29-2009, 06:00 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

--Aussie--
05-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Robin! :inlove: :worship:

swedes_rule
05-29-2009, 11:47 PM
[23] R Soderling (SWE) d [14] D Ferrer (ESP) 67(5) 75 62 76(5)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMPRESSED :worship::worship::hearts::bigclap::inlove: first time through to the 4th round of a grand slam - i was actually expecting this at the AO this year but RG will do :D

a lovely birthday pressie for his coach! :bdaycake:

swedes_rule
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
is anyone else watching? this match is totally killing me.. 1 set all, 2 games all. i never thought he'd do so well after the last 6-0 6-1 disaster... this is amazing!!

KOM IGEN ROBIN!!!!

tjohansson
05-31-2009, 02:56 PM
30-0 serving for third set to go up 2 sets to 1 over the clay court king.

GrosjeanFan1994
05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow, Soderling is doing great against Rafa at the moment.
Nice to meet all you Soderling fans :)
Lets hope he keeps it up!

DartMarcus
05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Go Soda! :D

GrosjeanFan1994
05-31-2009, 04:01 PM
:dance: :worship: Great performance today. Well done :worship: :dance:

tjohansson
05-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Give Him His Own Sub-forum. Bloody Brilliant Effort

<Eve>
05-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Congrats you all!! Great match, great win!!! :bigclap:

Ilovetheblues_86
05-31-2009, 04:11 PM
:woohoo: SODERLING!!! SODERLING!!! SODERLING!!! SODERLING!!! SODERLING!!! SODERLING!!! SODERLING!!! SODERLING!!! SODERLING!!!

:woohoo: SENSATIONAL!! I´m speechless. You ´ve accomplished more than I thought! Thanks, my king!!

DartMarcus
05-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Soda, you are the legend :worship:
The biggest upset of the century.

Corey Feldman
05-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Soder :worship:

sign me up on the bandwagon !!!!!!

Sommarsverige
05-31-2009, 04:30 PM
I was too nervous during the match to come here, but so very happy for Robin and even more for his coach now :bounce: :bounce:

I really feel for Rafa as well, but the way Robin played he so totally deserved to win!!!

Unbelievable, I am still out of words and never expected this to happen... :eek:

SwedSerbia
05-31-2009, 04:39 PM
AMAZING SÖDERLING! :worship::worship::worship:

swedes_rule
05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Ok so everyone has already covered what i wanted to say... but OMG!!!! ROBINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :D :worship: :hearts:

--Aussie--
05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
OMG Robin! I am so happy for him. He is so talented, I adore his game. And now he def. Rafa in RG? :eek::eek::eek: :worship::worship::worship::worship:
Take the tile now! :kiss: :bounce:

Etern
05-31-2009, 06:11 PM
I still can't believe it's true. Such a fairytale. Verkligen välförtjänt Robin, du kan om du vill

[enterfornone]
05-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Will now at last get his own subforum here?

Sommarsverige
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Here is a link to an interview with Robin directly after the match in the french studio...
http://svtplay.se/v/1577495/rord_soderling_jag_ar_sa_lycklig

I have never seen Robin that emotional before...so totally happy and with tears in his eyes!

Eden
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Congrats to your man :hatoff:

Here's his official presser:

R. SODERLING/R. Nadal

6‑2, 6‑7, 6‑4, 7‑6

An interview with:

ROBIN SODERLING

THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please.

Q. When did you really feel that you could win this match? Already in the first set or in thethird? And also, Nadal just said herethat he made it easier for you. Do youthink you agree or think it's the opposite, you maybe make things difficult forhim?

ROBIN SODERLING: I don't know. You know, I try to keep telling myself before the match that, you know,I have to believe. Of course, I toldeverybody this is the biggest challenge you can have, I think, playing Nadal,the best clay‑court player of all times on clay, best‑of‑five sets in RolandGarros.

But still, you know, Ihave to believe that I have a chance, otherwise there's no meaning going on thecourt. I could just go homeinstead. I tried to keep telling myselfthat, you know, at least I have a small chance.

I can't really ‑‑ I mean, I played agreat match. I played a greatmatch. I think I played very good nowfor two weeks in a row, four good matches here. If he thinks he played bad, I mean, that's his choice. I would never say something like that, but...

Q. Itlooked as if you were sent by a special mission from Sweden by Borg to protect hisrecord. You could clarify us on thatmaybe?

ROBIN SODERLING: I'm expecting at least an SMS from him.

Q. And the second thing is how did you manage to keep up this calmness andthis power tennis at the same level throughout the same match? Do you think that like when Djokovic lost toKohlschreiber, did it give you any hopes that anything is possible, that therecan be a new world order in the top...

ROBIN SODERLING: No, not really. But, you know, during the whole match, I kepttelling myself, this is just another match. I mean, I played many, many matches on the ATP tour. I'm getting old.

I've been around for awhile, and I kept telling myself, This is just another match. I don't care if it's the fourth round inFrench against Nadal. This is just likeany match. That helped me. That helped me.

Q. We saw you in the game. We sawyou walking off the court. What have youdone since? I mean, you were at the TV,I saw that. Did you do some celebratingin the locker room, or what have you done?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I had to take a few minutes just formyself, you know, to think about the match. I haven't even put my cellphone on yet. You know, at the same time, I'm very, very happy.

This is maybe ‑‑it is my ‑‑ the biggest moment of my career so far. You know, I also want to try to concentrateon the next matches. There's one morematch to go against a great player, so I don't want to feel too happy.

Q. You had a wrist injury a few years ago, which is one of the hardestinjuries to come back from. MatsWilander said that he thought in the end it actually made you a betterplayer. Can you talk about whether youwere ever concerned you could play on the elite level again, and do you agreewith Mats?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yes, you know, I was a little bit luckybecause it was my left wrist, so I could ‑‑ I was off the tour for maybefive or six months, but I practiced a lot tennis. You know, I practiced my slice and my forehand. I couldn't do anything except for my two‑handedbackhand.

It would have beenworse for my right wrist. I used timevery well. Instead of just waiting forthe wrist to heal, I did everything I could. I was working out three, four hours in the gym every day. I played a lot of tennis, so, yeah, maybe.

Yeah, maybe it helped me. Maybe.

Q. Youhad a fairly aggressive match against him at Wimbledona couple years ago, as I remember. Doyou think it helped you, the fact that maybe you're not sort of the bestfriends with him and that you played such an aggressive match today?

ROBIN SODERLING: I mean, I've been answering these questionsnow for two years. I mean, I'm feelingpretty tired of this. We had a good matchin Wimbledon. Of course, a tough match, which I lost.

But, you know, I beensaying this a lot of times on the tour: He's just another player on the tour. Again, he's the best clay‑court player of all times, but he's just likesomeone else to me.

Q. One month ago you lost against Nadal 6‑1, 6‑0. Today you win. How can you explain it? Is it the game of your life today?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, no, I think I played actually ‑‑ Iplayed well today, but I think I played some even better matches in my career.

Yeah, I lost 1 and0. I don't think I never lost that bigin my career before. You know, I had alot of chances in the first set. I hadso many break points, so it didn't feel really fair, the score.

In the second, you know, I kind of played acouple of sloppy games. But it was amuch closer match than the score.

Q. Tennis‑wise,coming back into that match, what was the key? What was the hardest for you maybe from the tactic you had to do then onthe court?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, you know, I try to ‑‑ I tried tobe the one that was, you know ‑‑ I didn't want him to make me run. I tried to be the one that make him run. I worked good with my forehand, and mybackhand worked well, as well. I workedmy backhand flat and tried to go around and hit my forehand.

I think I playedexactly the way I wanted to play before the match. I served well, extremely well, and thatreally, really helped me today.

Q. Has there been any reaction from the other players around so far? Do they look at you in a different way now?

ROBIN SODERLING: I don't know. The locker room was pretty empty. There's not that many matches on right now. I'm not sure. We'll see tomorrow.

Q. Say 20, 25 years from now when your kids come up and say, Hey, it's the25th anniversary of that great win, what do you think the one or two words thatwill come to mind on this great victory will be?

ROBIN SODERLING: Actually, I'm not sure yet. But this is for sure the biggest moment sofar of my career.

I couldn't even dreamof this before the match, so I will remember this match for the rest of mylife, I think.

Q. Are you in a little bit of shock right now?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, I'm not really shocked, but, you know, itwill probably take a while before I can really think about it in a good way, ina right way, you know.

It feels verydifferent, though.

Q. Go through your thought process when he won the tiebreak, then you gotdown a break early in the fourth set. Imean, kept expecting him to seize control of the match, and you never let ithappen. Secondly, can you talk a littlebit about Magnus Norman and when you started working with him and what he'sbrought to your game?

ROBIN SODERLING: He definitely helped me a lot. You know, he's been a great player. What I like is that I can really askhim ‑‑ when I feel something, I always like to ask him, Did you feel thesame when you were playing? How did youfeel?

I think that is reallyhelping me a lot.

Q. And the first part?

ROBIN SODERLING: Again?

Q. Just with Nadal. I mean when hewon the tiebreak and you got down a break in the fourth and we kept expectinghim to take control of the match and you never let it happen, what was goingthrough your mind?

ROBIN SODERLING: I tried to think, don't think, because, youknow, I just tried to play the next point after next point. You know, I won the first set, and I felt ifI can win one set, why not the second one and then the third one?

I'll just keep ‑‑I kept, you know, playing point for point.

Q. As you have said, you have to think now about the next match. All the players say next match. But is there something in your mind that,well, perhaps I can reach the final? Wenever know?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, no. I don't like to think like that. I just won a great match today, and it will be at least as tough. My next match will be at least as tough astoday. I have to play my best tennisagain to have a chance.

Q. You won against Nadal, so now you have to win the tournament.

ROBIN SODERLING: No. Iwouldn't say that. As I said, everybodyin the courts, everybody in the tournament are great players. I mean, I think I can beat anyone. But I think, you know, in a bad day I canlose to a lot of players, as well. They're all good, so I have to play well.

Q. Have you already talked to Bjørn Borg, or do you plan to talk to himjust to say, Well, I keep your record?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, as I'm saying, I'm expecting anSMS. I'm not going to call him. Hopefully he will call me. That would be great.

Q. What was your match plan going into the match? What did you have to do to try to beat himtoday, the strategy?

ROBIN SODERLING: My strategy was to play aggressive. You can't really try to beat him in runninghim down, because, you know, for sure I had to take some chances. I think I did, and, you know, I playedextremely well on the important points.

I returned well, and Ididn't miss a lot. I tried to work mygame with my forehand, make him move, and, again, you know, it was ‑‑ I think I played exactly the way I wanted to play for the match.

Source: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-05-31/200905311243799843664.html

Ilovetheblues_86
05-31-2009, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26G6E1pPvxQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.menstennisforums.com%2Fshowt hread.php%3Ft%3D144875%26page%3D29&feature=player_embedded Let´s wait for one without the french girl talking

yelloa
05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
This match was so incredible!! I have the feeling to see Magnus Norman in Roland Garros 9 years ago when he reached the final against Guga.
And i'm so happy for Magnus too. They deserve very much this win and i hope there will be a lot of more...

Dini
05-31-2009, 11:43 PM
:bigclap:

Congrats to you all! ;)

swedes_rule
06-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Here is a link to an interview with Robin directly after the match in the french studio...
http://svtplay.se/v/1577495/rord_soderling_jag_ar_sa_lycklig

I have never seen Robin that emotional before...so totally happy and with tears in his eyes!

thanks for this birte!!!! the french voiceover is annoying but you really can see the tears in his eyes - it made me start crying again!!! i woke up this morning and wondered if it was all a dream... :lol:

swedes_rule
06-01-2009, 01:57 AM
ive never seen this thread so active either btw :D
everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now!!

Ilovetheblues_86
06-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Its amazing how good loking is Soderling is at this FO, his hair is very short but not tottaly bald like a real ancient era fighter, he looks phisically in his best shape. It´s probably his peak since he got injured at 2007.

Now against Davydenko, we have a shot, definetely a shot, to make SF.
It will be tough however, just like against Nadal, but I beliee that Robin won´t feel the pressure, the problem will be to adjust his tactics against a different style of play.
Let´s hope for another good day of confidance, luck and skill.

Rafa#Uno:-)
06-01-2009, 07:41 AM
södeling must have train hard
jag skämtar inte!

he use to have problems moving....yesterday better than ever

mentally really well rafa got nervous!!!!!!

says a lot

he is a hard hitter yes deep forehands

sweden rocks!

he will get a sms from Borg!!!

Kristen
06-01-2009, 09:40 AM
ive never seen this thread so active either btw :D
everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now!!:secret:I'm sure most will fall off just as quickly :tape:

Thanks for your message this morning haha...I must have slept through the ringing phone. Listened to it at work...love it!

Great to see Robin have some quality success. I really 'enjoyed' his uhh 'demeanour' on court. :yeah:

SwedSerbia
06-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Björn Borg is on the flight to Paris now! :D He said he will be there and support Robin, soo nice :wavey:

swedes_rule
06-01-2009, 12:31 PM
:secret:I'm sure most will fall off just as quickly :tape:

Thanks for your message this morning haha...I must have slept through the ringing phone. Listened to it at work...love it!

Great to see Robin have some quality success. I really 'enjoyed' his uhh 'demeanour' on court. :yeah:

actually it didnt even ring - i thought you ignored me or something :lol: what did i say on the message???
i was up till around 4 - crying LOL. that 4th set tiebreak was INCREDIBLE (in case the rest of the match wasnt incredible lol).. ahhhh *reminiscing*

swedes_rule
06-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Björn Borg is on the flight to Paris now! :D He said he will be there and support Robin, soo nice :wavey:

omg thats so sweet!!! well he does owe him for stopping rafa from breaking his record :lol:

Kristen
06-01-2009, 01:32 PM
actually it didnt even ring - i thought you ignored me or something :lol: what did i say on the message???
i was up till around 4 - crying LOL. that 4th set tiebreak was INCREDIBLE (in case the rest of the match wasnt incredible lol).. ahhhh *reminiscing*Might be another benefit of the phone...it just KNOWS things. Like, when I am asleep. I didn't have a missed call, only a text saying I had voicemail haha crazy phone :-/

Mum/Stephen taped the final set for me on the replay today, so I will be able to see it now, woohoo! And by now I mean, most likely *after* I watch Australias Next Top Model, and both quarterfinals :worship:

Got someone lined up to watch it with? Or do Channel 9 get the rights soon?

swedes_rule
06-01-2009, 02:56 PM
smart phone! lol
so let me get this straight - stephen and ur mum watched it and you didnt??????? seriously are you insane? LOL
channel 9 just showed a 30 minute summary in their "highlights" which i watched, just to see robin and the players box again (magnus, tojo, robert... mmmmm).
the live stuff is all on foxtel though. bridget said i could watch the quarters at her place but ive been sick with a cold and work have managed to replace me for tomorrow night, so i think it would look kinda bad that im at a work friends house but couldnt go to work?

Kristen
06-01-2009, 03:08 PM
smart phone! lol
so let me get this straight - stephen and ur mum watched it and you didnt??????? seriously are you insane? LOL No!! you boofhead! I was at work from 9-5:30 :lol::retard: [lucky you are sick! You have an excuse] They taped it while I sat around at work, waiting for the phone to ring. When it was live, I started getting ready for bed after the third set. Closed my eyes after the Nadal win:D

the live stuff is all on foxtel though. bridget said i could watch the quarters at her place but ive been sick with a cold and work have managed to replace me for tomorrow night, so i think it would look kinda bad that im at a work friends house but couldnt go to work?Maybe if you take some soup and a doona with you!? Orrr...find another foxtel friend? :devil:

Etern
06-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Söderling makes the county scoreboard look very nice

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/scoreboard.html

swedes_rule
06-02-2009, 12:21 PM
does anyone know where i can watch a free live stream? i cant find one that works :'(

SwedSerbia
06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
does anyone know where i can watch a free live stream? i cant find one that works :'(

6-1 in 23 minutes, really nice start from Robin :)

www.atdhe.net works just fine :)

swedes_rule
06-02-2009, 12:50 PM
i must be really dumb with computers cos everywhere i look i keep getting safina. even when i clicked on soderling v davydenko on atdhe.net im still getting safina???

SwedSerbia
06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
i must be really dumb with computers cos everywhere i look i keep getting safina. even when i clicked on soderling v davydenko on atdhe.net im still getting safina???

Yeah i saw that too now, they changed match. Hopefully they change court soon when Safina wins the second set.

swedes_rule
06-02-2009, 01:15 PM
ok now i see robin :D and magnus :D
and up a break in the second!! :worship: kom igen robin!!!

thanks for your help :)

*Raine
06-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Go Robin!!

tjohansson
06-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Two sets up, He is looking very good.

swedes_rule
06-02-2009, 01:46 PM
this is brilliant :worship: i am speechless yet again!! 2 sets to love and a break in the third already - kom igen robin!!!

swedes_rule
06-02-2009, 02:02 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :worship: :worship: :hearts: :hearts:
ROBIN SODERLING d NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO 6-1 6-3 6-1

I dont know what to say!! :D
Soderling for RG 2009 champion!!!!

*Raine
06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Happy for both Magnus and Robin!! :D

Ilovetheblues_86
06-02-2009, 02:48 PM
:lol:

Ilovetheblues_86
06-02-2009, 02:55 PM
You know Soderling has been three times in the front page of ATPTOUR this last weeks(against Nadal, against Federer and at ARAG), so now they asked more for him to show up. :banana:

Make the final Soderling!!!!

Björki
06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
:yeah:

good luck against Gonzo/Murray

tjohansson
06-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Gonzo it is :) Most likely will face Fed in the final

Sommarsverige
06-02-2009, 05:06 PM
I am soooooooooooooooo happy for Robin, and his coach of course, as well :bounce: :bounce:

Etern
06-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I still can't believe how good he is playing at the moment. I never thought he would be able to plays this good for so many matches in a row, especially not in a grand slam. Hopefully it will last at least two more matches :)

ad-out
06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Does Robin have a wife? I noticed a wedding ring..

Ilovetheblues_86
06-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Interview in english after Nadal

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7wX5wWXolc&hl=pt-br&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7wX5wWXolc&hl=pt-br&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

After Davydenko's:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x0Snk-35slA&hl=pt-br&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x0Snk-35slA&hl=pt-br&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Kristen
06-03-2009, 05:24 AM
To take from GM...
Soderize Gonzo...please! :angel:

Thanks for posting those interviews. You couldn't wipe the smile off his face after the Nadal match :lol: It's great to see. He was so well spoken, and just seemed to have a great personality there. Very nice to see :)

swedes_rule
06-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Does Robin have a wife? I noticed a wedding ring..

he was wearing that in January in Aus too but I don't think they're married.. everyone kept referring to her as "robins girlfriend". shes beautiful and really lovely - when i was trying to get to robin and magnus through a crowd of people she spotted me and went over to them and told them i was there. something about 'that crazy chick wants to say goodbye' :lol:

those interviews are great :D he's so much more mature these days :hearts:

swedes_rule
06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
oh and everybody join the facebook group...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=41577304996

magnus is president :D

Getta
06-03-2009, 02:29 PM
A video about Robin on the Roland Garros site:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html

Multimedia / Videos ---> Inside the French ---> Day: June 3, 2009 ---> Road to Rolland Garros - R.Soderling

cobalt60
06-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Road to RG- cute;)

Ilovetheblues_86
06-04-2009, 04:23 AM
He seems so light. :lol:

SwedSerbia
06-05-2009, 12:48 PM
6-3 7-5 keep it up Robin!

*Raine
06-05-2009, 01:03 PM
:rocker2:

Ilovetheblues_86
06-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Soderling c mon, clutch this and win!

rtgy
06-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Robin :rocker:

rtgy
06-05-2009, 02:34 PM
4-4 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

rtgy
06-05-2009, 02:40 PM
yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh 5-4 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
the clown is down :rocker2:

Go Robin :rocker:

rtgy
06-05-2009, 02:43 PM
2MP's :worship::worship::worship:

rtgy
06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Game, Set and Mats:lol:

Robin:rocker2:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Sommarsverige
06-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Robin :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cant believe it.... :angel:

tjohansson
06-05-2009, 03:03 PM
That's freakin awesome :)...Made my night :)...Bring it home Robin

Jelena_78
06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Congrats Robin! :D :aparty:
What a tournament!

Getta
06-05-2009, 03:10 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eB166D7Ek7dm/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fG6gn4ewZeg7/610x.jpg

SwedSerbia
06-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Robin, what can i say? :worship:

Kristen
06-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Beautiful soderization. I may need to retract my comment about fans disappearing as quickly as they came...I hope. CCC, you may not have to do a whole lot of recruiting next year! :P

Nadie
06-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Robin :bowdown: :bowdown: :worship:

Etern
06-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't think I have ever been this nervous in my whole life. Now go for the title

Getta
06-05-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-06-05/200906051244219093981.html

(there is also a video on Roland Garros site)

Interview with Robin Soderling
Friday, June 5, 2009

R. SODERLING/F. González

6‑3, 7‑5, 5‑7, 4‑6, 6‑4

An interview with:

ROBIN SODERLING

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. In the last point, you fell down on the ground. What's your first feeling?

ROBIN SODERLING: Of course, my first feeling was actually relief that the match was over, because it was a really long match, and I was tired at the end.

And then after a few seconds, I got really, really happy.

Q. After a great first set, in the second set, even although you won the second set, you started doing more unforced errors and he started serving better as the match went on. This kept till 4‑1 in the fifth. What happened there? It was like a champion's instinct that was born in you?

ROBIN SODERLING: I don't know. But as you said, you know, he served ‑‑ I haven't seen the statistics, but, you know, he must have had maybe 80% first serve. He barely even missed the first serve. It was really tough for me.

I felt like I played well, but I couldn't even put any returns back because he made ‑‑ I don't know how many aces he made. It was tough, you know. It was tough to get a rhythm.

Then, you know, I held serve pretty easy,and then all of a sudden, you know, I made not a good game and he broke me two times when ‑‑ in the last game in the third and fourth sets.

Q. During each changeover you put a towel over your head. Can we know why? Is it for your concentration?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yes, I'm trying to concentrate.

Q. At 4‑1 in the fifth, double fault, 15‑30. Didn't look good.

ROBIN SODERLING: No, it didn't look good, you know. I felt ‑‑ I was tired. I have to admit I was tired. But, you know, I felt like, okay, this is not how it's going to end. You know, I have to try everything I can.

You know, I felt like I can only do my best, but I don't want to go off this court and feel like I didn't do my best in the fifth set. So,you know, I just tried harder, and all of a sudden it all worked again.

Q. Did you believe you were fading at that point? At that point did you believe you were fading, and then suddenly your strokes returned?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, you know, as I said, I was a bit tired,and he had been serving so well. He didn't give me any rhythm at all.

But, you know, I tried to take his ‑‑ take the returns a little bit early. In the first couple of sets I moved back a little bit, but he had so good angles on his first serves. So I tried to take it a little bit early, and all of a sudden I was there.

I put the returns back and I got the ball in play. I'll actually started to move a little bit better I think from 4‑1 again.

Q. So you're in the final. Can you describe what it's like? You've had three tremendous victories in a row.

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, it's a great feeling, you know, finals of a Grand Slam. The biggest tournament in the world, and on clay, you know. If you'd ask me a couple years ago which Grand Slam I'd play final in 2009, I wouldn't have said Roland Garros.

I started to play better and better on clay last couple of years, I think. Last year was a really good year, even though I didn't win that many matches. I think I played a lot of good matches on clay.

Q. Since you beat Nadal, how hard has it been for you to stay in your bubble and stay concentrated? How have you managed to do that, because it's always a hard thing?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, it's been hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be. You know, I felt I won a great match against Nadal. I told you guys before, this is ‑‑ I had maybe the biggest challenge in tennis right now to beat Nadal here on clay in Paris.

I felt like I wasn't finished with the tournament. I was still in the tournament, so even though I played a great match, I wanted more. I still feel that way.

Q. When González was discussing about some points, it was a problem for you? And also, I'd like to know about the crowd. Seems the crowd is more supporting him than you.

ROBIN SODERLING: I didn't even notice the crowd. I was concentrated today.

No, it wasn't really a problem for me. You know, in this match there was a lot of close calls, I think. The wind took the clay away a little bit, so it was difficult to really see any marks.

So, I mean, I agree with him, you know. I would have complained, as well. Because it was a lot of close calls from both sides, I think.

Q. What do you feel is the biggest difference in you that has made this possible? And secondly, how important has Magnus been to getting you there?

ROBIN SODERLING: My consistency, I think. I always knew before that when I play well,when I play my best tennis, I can beat anybody.

Now I feel like I've played very, very good tennis for many, many matches in a row, which is great.

He meant a lot to me, you know. It's great to have a coach that used to play. He's been in the position I'm in right now. It's always good for me to ask when I feel something, when I feel nervous. When I feel in one way, it's always good for me to ask him, Did you feel the same when you played? He can think what he felt and give me some advice.

Q. You surprised a lot of people here these past two weeks, but you've done this all your life. This is what you've built up for. How much did you surprise yourself?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I surprised myself a little bit, I have to say. You know, I've been beating those players a lot of times before, but not in a Grand Slam.

They're all good players. But as I said, I beat them before. I felt like, you know, I did it in different tournaments. Why can't I do it in a Grand Slam? Finally I did.

Q. Tomorrow is Swedish National Day. The Swedish legend, Bjørn Borg was watching you. What does this mean for this point of view to have won this match today?

ROBIN SODERLING: It's just nice that he even comes down here. I don't know if he comes down just for me, but still, you know, it's a nice feeling. He's a legend, for sure. He's one of the best tennis players of all time, so it's really been nice.

Q. And for Sweden?

ROBIN SODERLING: And for Sweden? Yeah, I hope this means a lot for the tennis in Sweden. I mean, we really need some upside in the tennis in Sweden,and hopefully this will make a lot of young kids start playing tennis.

Hopefully in, I don't know, 10 or 15 years' time, or even less, we have a lot of good players on the tour again.

Q. González just said here that if you talk about the way of playing, it would be better for you to face Del Potro in the final, that you have more chances to win.

ROBIN SODERLING: He said that?

Q. Yeah.

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I lost a lot of times to Federer, so he's a great player. It's very difficult to play against him. You know, I feel the same with Del Potro. I mean, you're not playing a semifinal in a Grand Slam and you're not No. 5 in the world for nothing.

He's ‑‑ they're both great players. You know, I'm expecting the toughest match I can possibly have on Sunday.

Q. Did you meet Borg before or after the match? And did he tell you anything? Also, I think, Borg, after he retired,started an underwear business. I think it's a top brand in Sweden. Do you wear any of his underwear?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yes, I have a few pairs at home (laughter.)

Q. Do you think you will take the opportunity to speak to Bjørn Borg before the final on Sunday, as he's been here and won the title six times before?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yes, hopefully. We haven't talked about it, but that would be nice. You know, maybe he can give me few advices on how to win here.

Q. Do you think you'll be ready yourself? Obviously this is a big step up, isn't it, to suddenly be competing inthe final with a Grand Slam title at stake?

ROBIN SODERLING: Of course, the final ‑‑ for me, it's the match you really, really want to win. I feel like I've played some big matches on the center court this week, so I feel like I'm very prepared.

Q. You're having a great tournament. You come out on fire. You know,finally people get there after a late lunch. Then it started to get away from you; you're looking at a fifth set. Do you think, Borg is watching me;I'm going down the tubes? Is it hard to keep your concentration? What were you thinking about?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, it's hard I think for everybody to stay focused in a full five‑set match. We played for a lot of hours, and I didn't really feel that I lost too much of concentration.

I mean, I just felt that he was playing really well. Hedidn't give me any opportunities to play well.

But, you know, I'm really happy that I turned things around at the end.

Q. You said Magnus was where you are now. Did you watch that final when he played against Guga?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yes.

Q. Do you plan on saving 10 match points as well yourself?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I remember I saw the match, and that was ‑‑ again, it was great for Sweden. I remember it really helped my career. It gave me a lot of inspiration. I really hope I can do the same to the kids in Sweden now.

Q. Many people say that you are very, very shy.

ROBIN SODERLING: Shy?

Q. Yes. I don't know if that's true or not. I'd like you to confirm it or not. Also, if you're less shy now that you're winning more. Again, if in the locker rooms, when you meet some of the other players, some say that you didn't say hello all the time. Are you now saying hello to everybody?

ROBIN SODERLING: I'm not sure if I'm that shy. For sure I'm not going to change, you know. I feel like I'm still the same person. This is just tennis for me. Yeah, maybe they're right. Maybe I don't say hi all the time, but I'm always ‑‑ I'm always a little bit tense before matches, you know, always a little bit nervous.

I don't like to speak too much before my matches. That's just the way, you know, I am. There's nothing ‑‑ has nothing to do with the other players.

Q. Today you fell to your knees. Was it bigger today than beating Nadal the other day?

ROBIN SODERLING: It's two different matches. You know, as I said, I did what's supposed to be, you know, impossible, beating Nadal on clay. So it was great, but today it was a semifinal.

They're both ‑‑they're going to be matches that I will remember for the rest of my life, but in different ways.

Q. You've never beaten Roger. Have you seen something in his game, in your matches with him, however where you think can you get to him, especially at the level you're at now? In short, if it is Roger on Sunday, do you feel confident you can beat him?

ROBIN SODERLING: Um, yeah, I think I have to. As I said before the match against Nadal, I mean, if I don't believe I can win, there's no point on going on the court.

So, yeah, I think I have a chance. I lost a lot of times,but it's been close matches. You know, I think I was ‑‑ I'm not sure if I had match point or two match points from beating him in Halle a couple years ago.

Of course, if I play Roger he's going to be the favorite by far. But I think Nadal was favorite against me, as well, so...

Q. Where did you play your first match in this tournament? Was anybody watching at all?

ROBIN SODERLING: I played on court, I don't know, 6? 7? Maybe 6? There were a few. My coach, my girlfriend. But doesn't really matter for me. I never had any problems playing on big courts, playing on the center court. The courts are still the same. Same measurements.

Again, it's just tennis. I mean, I never really cared how many were watching.

Q. Do you remember a few years ago you lost to Nadal and he broke Guillermo Vilas' clay court record string. You were the guy he beat. I remember you weren't very happy about it, even though everybody thought he was making great tidings over this record. I interviewed you, and you were curt, not very cordial.

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I don't like to lose. That's how ‑‑ I mean, I never really thought about record or anything, you know. All I wanted since I started playing tennis is to win matches. You know, that's what I focus about.

So, I mean, it was nice to finally beat a man that was breaking his record.

Q. The other day you said you wanted to go and read again your contract endorsement with Lotto to check they were paying you double in case you go to the final. Did you check it?

ROBIN SODERLING: I didn't check it.

Q. You don't need money anymore?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, you know, it's been nice. But again, all I'm thinking about is winning matches. I mean, I would really want to win this tournament as much if there were no prize money. I love winning matches.

Sommarsverige
06-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the interview and the pictures, Getta :yeah:

Have to say that I really start to like Robin more and more every day ;)

Good luck for the final, grabben :worship:

swedes_rule
06-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Beautiful soderization. I may need to retract my comment about fans disappearing as quickly as they came...I hope. CCC, you may not have to do a whole lot of recruiting next year! :P

i did it all this year :lol:

i couldnt get on to mtf last night - something about the server being too busy or something. i cant imagine why :lol:

im still in dream land. still not believing this is really happening and still getting teary every time i read an article or see a photo. im SO happy that people are starting to see the REAL robin that i saw in brisbane this year :D

DanaKz
06-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Found this picture of Fifth-set-Phoenix: rose like Phoenix from its ashes
http://i011.radikal.ru/0906/5a/414212ebaa15.jpg

Sexysova
06-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Roland Garros SF: Robin Soderling vs. Fernando Gonzalez

http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/photos/headshots/main/SA49_AS.jpg vs. http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/photos/headshots/main/G415_AS.jpg

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5806&p=10938#p10938

Etern
06-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Found this picture of Fifth-set-Phoenix: rose like Phoenix from its ashes
http://i011.radikal.ru/0906/5a/414212ebaa15.jpg

Thanks for the pic. It's great to see Robin in these kind of things, he has grown so much as a player and deserves all the attention he is getting now.

Getta
06-07-2009, 12:11 AM
To be honest, I don't really like the theatrical frame, the illusion...

*Raine
06-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Come on Robin!!!!

I am so nervous for today. :scared:

safinafan
06-07-2009, 01:08 PM
just one thing: kick the fed's ass, please!!!!

Sommarsverige
06-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Heja Robin!

safinafan
06-07-2009, 01:11 PM
is a shame that he don't have his own forum, why????

cobalt60
06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Make it a match please :yeah:

Ouragan
06-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Good luck to the Soder-king. His game and attitude have impressed me during this tournament.

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Congrats to Robin. An amazing tournament and a classy speech on the podium.

swedes_rule
06-07-2009, 03:47 PM
congrats to robin for a great tournament. fed was just too good and robin behaved admirably - i think he has just won himself a lot of fans.

SwedSerbia
06-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks Robin! I´m really looking forward to wimbledon now! :D

Sommarsverige
06-07-2009, 04:03 PM
congrats to robin for a great tournament. fed was just too good and robin behaved admirably - i think he has just won himself a lot of fans.

:yeah: Can only agree to 100% :)

Fed was definitely much better and he deserved to win!

The price ceremony was great and I loved Robins speach :) He has really become not only a better player, but also a better person (thanks to his coach) ;)

Eden
06-07-2009, 04:20 PM
:hatoff: to your favourite player for a great run in Roland Garros and his very nice words at the trophy ceremony :)

Björki
06-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Great tournament Robin :worship:

I am sure he has more fans after these two weeks.

He should finally get his own forum on MTF. :awww:

Getta
06-07-2009, 04:46 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07sZ7pm8CYgmw/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aNu1BldMD3y1/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cnPgBYfIP3cA/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06PoeYFaIHfcd/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aYw6JT8dIe1n/610x.jpg

prima donna
06-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Great tournament, Robin. Brilliant display of testicular fortitude against Nadal.

Best of luck in the upcoming months.

Ilovetheblues_86
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
This trophy is amazing, Soderling now is part of history of Sweden´s tennis. :bowdown:

Ilovetheblues_86
06-07-2009, 05:27 PM
He´s out of Halle, I hope he could play at least at Eastbourne then.

Getta
06-07-2009, 05:37 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-06-07/200906071244394724325.html

Interview with Robin Soderling
Sunday, June 7, 2009

R. FEDERER/R.Soderling

6‑1, 7‑6, 6‑4

An interview with:

ROBIN SODERLING

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You mentioned already probably you lost today against the best player of all‑time. When you went into this match, what was different than when you were playing it? I mean, in the way of what you wanted to do and what you couldn't do out there.

ROBIN SODERLING: You know, I think the match ‑‑ the match was what I expected. You know, I played Roger so he many times, so I know his game now. But, you know, I think I didn't play aggressive enough.

But it's always ‑‑ you know,every time I played Roger, after the match I always said, I played so bad today. Now I learned that it's not that I played bad, he makes me play bad. So that's what's so difficult playing against him.

Q. Obviously you beat Rafa, then you got to beat by Roger, and all of us have been sort of consumed by the idea that Rafa has taken Roger apart a lot lately ‑ except of clay recently ‑ but in majors. What is the difference for you between them when you face them on court?

ROBIN SODERLING: They're both great players, of course, but they have different game styles. You know I think Roger's game doesn't suit my game at all. He doesn't allow me to be aggressive. He always had me on the run today.

With Rafa, it's different. It's easier to be aggressive, you know. In all my matches against Rafa I think I dictated the game, I dictated the play.

But against Roger, for me,it's been so far impossible to do that.

Q. Secondly,on that, you said Roger is the greatest of all‑time. As a player, does it give you pause to say that, because he's had such trouble will with Rafa? Can he be the greatest, but he's had problems with this one guy? Or in your mind, it's like, I don't care. I know what I see?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I played him, so I know. I never played anyone playing that fast. He's a great player. He doesn't have any weaknesses at all. He really deserves to be called the best player of all‑time, I think.

Q. Can you tell us a little bit about the positive for you in this tournament?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I had a great tournament. I had the two best weeks of my career so far. I've been playing some very good matches and I've been beating some very good players.

You know, I always knew before that when I play my best tennis I can beat anybody, everybody. But I think I showed it today ‑‑ I showed it during this tournament, I could do it a lot of matches in a row,which feels very good for me, and it's very good for my confidence.

Q. Do I think it will change something for the future now? I believe in yourself?

ROBIN SODERLING: Hopefully. I always ‑‑ think I always believed in myself, but for sure this gives me a lot more confidence. I know I didn't have my best results in Grand Slams before this tournament, but I think now I really showed to myself that I can do well in Grand Slams.

Q. Can I just tell us your thoughts about the incident when the man came on the court and sort of danced in front of Roger? Were I surprised that security was quite slow in coming out? Were I worried when it happened?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, it wasn't really a nice thing to see. I mean, I think the security was at least as surprised as we were.

But, I know, I mean, it's very bad that things like this can happen. At the same time, it was ‑‑ we only play one set, so we both needed to stay very focused.

So I tried not to think about it too much. It's a shame that things like this can happen.

Q. I mentioned during this week that your breakthrough on clay is very surprising for I. What is to expect for I in the future going now on your better surfaces?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I know, I think I can play well on all surfaces. You know, I don't have any surfaces that I feel like, you know, it's not ‑‑ that doesn't suit my game.

So far I maybe had my best results on indoor tournaments, except for this tournament. I feel very confident, and I feel very good for the grass now. You know, I played good matches there as well. I didn't have the results, but, again, I played good matches.

Hopefully I can put it together for the next Grand Slams, as well.

Q. Would you be disappointed if you can't have results at Wimbledon,the next Grand Slam?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I'm always a little bit disappointed ifI lose early in the tournament or if I don't play well.

I also know that in a Grand Slam everybody is ‑‑ all matches are tough. You know, you need to play well from the first point until the end,until the last point, you know.

So, yeah, I think I will be ‑‑ if I don't play well in Wimbledon I will be a bit disappointed. Again, I know that I can beat everybody, but I can lose to a lot of guys as well when I don't play my best tennis.

Q. If you have only one memory of this tournament, what is it?

ROBIN SODERLING: I have so many. Of course beating Nadal. You know, it was a very nice for me. You know, I think I made what was supposed to be impossible, to beat him on clay in best‑of‑five sets ‑‑ I mean, no one else have ever done it before and I finally made it.

So I will remember that for a longtime.

Q. Did you already talk to Magnus about the game? If yes, what did he say?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, I tried to, but he said, No, we don't talk about the match now. We take it later tomorrow or something.

Q. What tactic have you had to do? What did you try and did not obviously work today?

ROBIN SODERLING: Thank you. You know, I tried to stay aggressive. You know, I think that's you what have to do against Roger. He plays so well when he can take the initiative.

But it didn't work today, as you said. He played too well and he didn't let me to be aggressive at all. So I have to change something for next time we play.

Q. How does he prevent your aggression?

ROBIN SODERLING: He's even more aggressive. I have to say he plays even faster. Simple as that.

Björki
06-07-2009, 05:47 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/6c/fullj.3b3bb81cdf4d5eaa457bcf1d9c181574/3b3bb81cdf4d5eaa457bcf1d9c181574-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/25/fullj.ca90c5bdd8ec7e41ab9d01784fc85068/ca90c5bdd8ec7e41ab9d01784fc85068-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

Björki
06-07-2009, 05:53 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/0a/fullj.aa8694850973c13e251f7d94df5535e1/aa8694850973c13e251f7d94df5535e1-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/7b/fullj.a1823de27d0eb76d99fb4abf61de613c/a1823de27d0eb76d99fb4abf61de613c-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/2b/fullj.755857a5e6d245aa3496c9faaef10c2a/755857a5e6d245aa3496c9faaef10c2a-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

Björki
06-07-2009, 06:13 PM
http://www.gt.se/polopoly_fs/1.1598348!slot100slotWide75ArticleFull/3447786819.jpg

Sommarsverige
06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all the pics Peggy :hug: And thanks also for the interview :yeah:

trickcy
06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Congratulations to Robin on a great run in RG :hatoff: :) And IMO, he gave a very classy speech on the podium :) I wish him success in the upcoming events :)

bowie28
06-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't know if you guys have seen this article, but there's a very interesting bit about Robin. It was after he beat Nadal:

Söderling? Nobody gives him much of a chance. He won his tournament already, and he knows it: After he and Nadal left the court, Söderling went to a corner of the locker room he'd exited in fear nearly four hours before. His cool deserted him at last; what he'd done hit him like a brick. He grabbed a towel so no one could see, then dropped his face into it and wept.

full article here (http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1156201/index.htm)

Etern
06-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Congrats to a great tournament Robin, du är en stolthet för svensk tennis

Getta
06-07-2009, 07:40 PM
full article here (http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1156201/index.htm)

I didn't like this article at all; at best it's a superficial approach, at worst...

Anyway, thank you. :)

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Congrats to Robin and his fans for a wonderful RG. I hope he can move on now and take his place in the Top 10 where he fully deserves to be. I loved his speech after the match, his humour and his attitude. Well done again.

bowie28
06-07-2009, 08:49 PM
I didn't like this article at all; at best it's a superficial approach, at worst...

Anyway, thank you. :)

I didn't care for the rest of it either. Just the last part. Because it was something I didn't know. :)

Ilovetheblues_86
06-08-2009, 03:56 AM
If Soda gets better runs at the Master Series on the second semester he has a very good shot to enter top10.
The difficult is to defend Lyon and Stockholm points (760), but he can earn a lot in the US OPEN/ WIMBY and Master Series.
Let´s hope all. :)

Sexysova
06-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Roland Garros F: Roger Federer vs. Robin Soderling

http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/photos/headshots/main/F324_AS.jpg vs. http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/photos/headshots/main/SA49_AS.jpg

MATCH + CEREMONY: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5806&p=10948#p10948

swedes_rule
06-08-2009, 07:19 AM
thanks for the pics peggy :)

lets hope Robin can continue his form into Wimbledon :) He is now ranked 12 - his best ever :)

Kolya
06-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Congratulations Robin!

I hope this is the start of greater things :yeah:

songo
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/2/6/3/aroddickfan79/f_iiRobinSodem_b905338.jpg

cobalt60
06-08-2009, 11:08 AM
After reading all the nice posts about his speech I so want to see it. Anyone have a link to just the speech? And a place to go where I don't have to be a member? Thanks.
:hatoff: to him for a wonderful 2 weeks. Hope he can keep this up on the faster courts.

Ilovetheblues_86
06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJQ7mM_2_oY&hl=pt-br&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJQ7mM_2_oY&hl=pt-br&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lisbeth
06-09-2009, 12:29 AM
:wavey: just dropping by to congratulate Robin on a wonderful tournament :)

I loved his gracious final speech, but was even more impressed by him conceding that point in the semi - he is clearly a very good sport.

darkdesigns
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I was rooting for Nadal to win the French but Robin Soderling (http://www.allsportspeople.com/tennis/people/Robin_Soderling) was just too good. It was a tough final though as Fed was firing on all cylinders.

Soderling has now jumped to #12 in the rankings. And supposedly, he likes the faster surface. Let's watch his performance in the upcoming Wimbledon.

swedes_rule
06-10-2009, 12:24 AM
FROM ATP:

Roland Garros
Paris, France
June 9, 2009

Roland Garros Heroes Soderling, Federer Honoured By Home Countries
© Arne Forsell, Bildbyrån
Swedish tennis hero Robin Soderling Robin Soderling returned home in style following his surprising run to the Roland Garros final, with a private jet arranged by the Catella Swedish Open and airline partners to take Sweden’s newest tennis hero from Paris to Stockholm on Monday.

Soderling enjoyed a meal onboard the flight accompanied by members of his team, including girlfriend Jenni Mostrom, coach Magnus Norman and fitness trainer Ali Ghelem. He also visited the cockpit before disembarking the jet to do press.

“Robin has been and is very important to Catella Swedish Open,” said Christer Hult from PR Event. “His results in Paris have created a tennis hype as well as a rush for tickets to this year’s [ATP World Tour 250] tournament… We now have the opportunity to give something back to Robin. He and his team really deserve this.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Federer has also been honoured by his home country following his history-making triumph at Roland Garros. The tennis venue in his hometown of Basel, St. Jakobshalle, will be renamed Roger Federer Arena following a planned renovation. Federer is a three-time champion at the venue, which hosts the Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basel - an ATP World Tour 500 tennis tournament - in the autumn.

The 27-year-old Federer has been in high demand since tying Pete Sampras’ record of 14 Grand Slam singles titles, spending more than four hours doing interviews with worldwide media outlets, including CNN, France Television, BBC TV, ESPN, Eurosport, Canal+, Al Jazeera, The New York Times, Sports Illustrated, L’Equipe, El Pais, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Reuters, AP and DPA. The Swiss also did two photo shoots at the Arc de Triomphe and at the Trocadero overlooking the Eiffel Tower.

Federer will grace the cover of this week’s Sports Illustrated, with writer S.L. Price arguing that Federer is the best tennis player ever: “Historians will look at Federer’s résumé—at least five U.S. Open titles, five Wimbledons, three Australians and one French—measure it against Laver’s 11 and Sampras’s Frenchless 14 and declare him supreme. But there’s also the matter of Federer’s unparalleled consistency: Federer has made an astonishing 20 straight Grand Slam semifinals.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Björki
06-10-2009, 07:05 AM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/common/Photos/NewsArticles/soderling_09welcome.jpg

Kristen
06-10-2009, 02:28 PM
BLUE flowers!!?? :eek: :hearts:
I looove blue / blue-purple flowers. Cute red carpet ^_^

swedes_rule
06-11-2009, 12:43 AM
thanks for posting the pic peggy!!! i couldnt quite figure out how to put the pic in, hehe

the blue and yellow flowers are cool :) hehe

Getta
06-11-2009, 12:50 AM
love his smile... his expression filled with warmth...

dehard
06-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Miam !

Ilovetheblues_86
06-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Miam?
Robin must be training at sweden´s royal palace garden now. :worship:

Kolya
06-19-2009, 07:17 AM
No pre-Wimbledon grass tournament for Soderling?

Nidhogg
06-19-2009, 07:53 AM
No. He chose to focus on practise instead, and to avoid some hype he has been up in Liverpool since the start of the week. He'll come down to London tomorrow on Saturday.

http://www.dn.se/sport/soderling-laddar-upp-i-liverpool-1.893213

Getta
06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Wimbledon

Robin's 1/8:

[13] Robin SODERLING (SWE) v Gilles MULLER (LUX)
Marcel GRANOLLERS (ESP) v Andreas BECK (GER)
Nicolas ALMAGRO (ESP) v Juan MONACO (ARG)
Karol BECK (SVK) v [21] Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP)

[27] Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (GER) v Florent SERRA (FRA)
Ivo MINAR (CZE) v Maximo GONZALEZ (ARG)
Guillermo GARCIA-LOPEZ (ESP) v Agustin CALLERI (ARG)
Yen-Hsun LU (TPE) v [2] Roger FEDERER (SUI)

Ilovetheblues_86
06-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I predict a 3-1 victory to Soda. Then another victory against Andreas. :worship:

swedes_rule
06-21-2009, 01:48 AM
what, not straight sets? lol

KOM IGEN ROBIN :D

Ilovetheblues_86
06-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Muller is too good on Slams, Soderling will upset him :D

Nidhogg
06-21-2009, 09:45 AM
http://www.dn.se/sport/jag-har-fatt-sjalvfortroende-1.895288

Robin appears pretty laid back right now. He says he's feeling confident, but is not getting ahead of himself, taking one match a time.

On the grass allegedly playing different now:

"The grass plays much faster than last year, but it was extremely slow then."

On Nadal pulling out, and the light it sheds on his victory over him in Paris:

"It has to be quite tough not being able to defend your title."

"I think he has always had troubles with his knees, and after all he only lost five games against Hewitt in the match before. My body hurt as well."

Apparently he has also caught a bit of a cold, but it's nothing too serious.

swedes_rule
06-21-2009, 12:19 PM
No. 1 Court - 13:00 Start

Ladies' Singles - 1st Round
Maria Sharapova(RUS)[24] vs. Viktoriya Kutuzova(UKR)

Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Round
Robin Soderling(SWE)[13] vs. Gilles Muller(LUX)

SwedSerbia
06-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I´m afraid of Mullers serve, but Robin should win this tie for sure. On the other hand, Feliciano Lopez in the third round is an really tough one too.

Good luck Robin! :wavey:

swedes_rule
06-22-2009, 03:22 PM
ok, muller is playing REALLY well. robin is playing awesome and his stats are awesome and hes still down a set :( suddenly im not feeling so confident.

Ilovetheblues_86
06-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I´m feeling confident, 6-7 7-5, now Soda need to continue playing well, Muller is gonna be probably one of the toughest matches on Wimbledon, just like Ferrer on RG, but he must play focused and he´ll won. Then against Granollers at round 2 things shoulg get easier. Kom igen. :)

Ilovetheblues_86
06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
3-0 on third set, a strong effort by Soda.

swedes_rule
06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
6-1 to Robin and suddenly im not so concerned anymore LOL

SwedSerbia
06-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Well done Robin :) Looking forward to the match against Roger now :)

swedes_rule
06-22-2009, 04:24 PM
dont look so far ahead - you'll freak me out! lol

excellent work by Robin though - was really concerned after the first set but great turn around. 6-7 7-5 6-1 6-2.

Etern
06-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice first round win. He served well and it must feel great to have turned the match around after the first set. It shows how much stronger he has become mentally. I'm looking forward to the next round.

Getta
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Wimbledon

R1 vs Muller

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04Z378R5615Ec/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a0OaLmbxocMJ/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/049X3CT4mMejk/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fkR3R19mr3Qy/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gun9fyeTrdOe/610x.jpg

Sommarsverige
06-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Congrats Robin :yeah:

--Aussie--
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Bravo Robin! :bounce::bounce:

DanaKz
06-23-2009, 09:48 AM
I am so touched with this Zvonareva-style habit: hide under towel. It is so nice :)
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cCb56X1ms98U/610x.jpg

Ilovetheblues_86
06-23-2009, 11:41 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJ8sZKaFuY0&hl=pt-br&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJ8sZKaFuY0&hl=pt-br&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Ilovetheblues_86
06-23-2009, 11:48 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXkAqszqsrA&hl=pt-br&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXkAqszqsrA&hl=pt-br&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ilovetheblues_86
06-23-2009, 11:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FEMDa3lilkw&hl=pt-br&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FEMDa3lilkw&hl=pt-br&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:

trickcy
06-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Congrats Robin :D
GL in Round 2 :bounce:

Some more from Round 1 :

http://images.cbssports.com/u/ap/photos/XWIM188062212_lower.jpg

http://images.cbssports.com/u/ap/photos/XWIM187062212_lower.jpg

http://images.cbssports.com/u/ap/photos/XWIM189062212_lower.jpg

Getta
06-24-2009, 08:02 PM
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20090624/19/579786911-tennis-2009-wimbledon-championships-day-three-england-lawn-tennis-croquet.jpg

Sweden's Robin Soderling celebrates his victory over Spain's Marcel Granollers
during the Wimbledon Championships 2009 at the All England Tennis Club,
Wednesday June 24, 08:18 PM
2009 Wimbledon Championships - Day Three - The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club

Getta
06-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Nicolás Almagro is next.

Sommarsverige
06-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Congrats Robin for getting through to the 3rd round!

swedes_rule
06-26-2009, 10:37 AM
anyone know of a free live stream for court 3?? I want to watch!!!

swedes_rule
06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
straight sets for robin 7-6 6-4 6-4 over almagro. Nice match :D very tight but a good win. he had the dr out at one stage for a stomach illness apparently. hope he is ok!

Getta
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Wimbledon

R2 vs Granollers

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bJSdPk5ZB353/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0c5T3GA6wa2M5/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02HXfdv3qXeMm/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01ijgra1Neehe/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02PbaKI7qJbuI/610x.jpg

Getta
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Robin will next face Roger Federer in the fourth round.

Getta
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Wimbledon

R3 vs Almagro

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/093pfUD4e489M/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05ZqeeT0ON5It/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fxp1dc8wZ6PK/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09Qg5xM7v6bje/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dmh88VbxT2vD/610x.jpg

juv26
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
good match
federer vs robin soderling

Getta
06-26-2009, 03:33 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2009-06-26/200906261246027055140.html

R Soderling - 26 June 2009

Q. Can I ask how you are first of all? You had the trainer and then you had the doctor and you seemed to be taking pills or something.

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I feel okay. I feel much better than yesterday.

Q. What was wrong?

ROBIN SODERLING: My stomach has been pretty bad since Wednesday, so I didn't eat a lot. Yeah, I felt pretty bad.

Q. Is it food poisoning or ‑‑

ROBIN SODERLING: Not sure, actually.

Q. If I may say so, it didn't seem to affect your play.

ROBIN SODERLING: No, I ‑‑

Q. Either before or after.

ROBIN SODERLING: I played well today. I was hitting the ball very well, but I got tired. I felt okay first set, but after the first set I was tired. I didn't really move the way I wanted to, but I played okay anyway.

Q. Where have you been eating? Do you cook your own food or do you eat in the restaurants around the complex?

ROBIN SODERLING: Whatever. We cooked, we went to restaurants, we had delivered, everything. I'm not sure.

Q. Hard to track down what it is?

ROBIN SODERLING: The thing is it's been like this for two days now, so it's probably not from the food I don't think.

Q. Do you have any reason to think that you could get closer to Roger should Roger win on the grass here rather than the clay of France?

ROBIN SODERLING: No. (Laughter.) You know, I can play well on every surface, and he definitely showed that he can play very well on all surfaces. I'd say yeah, but our closest match has been on grass and indoor courts. So maybe I can get a little bit more from my serve trying to get some more easy or like shorter points. So that's maybe the advantage of playing on a faster surface. But not sure.

Q. You will have to do better than in Paris. What will you wish to make better than in Paris?

ROBIN SODERLING: Everything, I think. But it's tough to play against Roger. You know, I've played him ten times, and after the match I never felt like I played well. But I mean, it's not because of me, I think it's because of him. He makes you play. It's tough to play well against him, put it that way. I'd like to improve everything from Paris.

Q. Presumably playing Federer on grass is the same as playing Nadal on clay. Can you take some heart from that result?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yes, I mean, maybe it's the same challenge. It's very tough to beat Rafa on clay, and it's as tough to beat Roger on grass. But I made it once. We'll see. It's going to be a tough match for sure.

Q. Are you also happy following the run in Paris you've been able to back it up with a few good wins here?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I didn't play any tournaments since Paris, so I just came here no grass court matches at all. But I felt like I played okay. Today I played maybe my best match so far.

Q. What else has been happening between Paris and now just in terms of the impact of you reaching the final?

ROBIN SODERLING: Not too much. I did a lot of media stuff, but apart from that, not too much. I try to live my life as I did before Paris.

Ilovetheblues_86
06-26-2009, 03:48 PM
End of Granollers Match:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzYlv8DtPuI&hl=pt-br&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzYlv8DtPuI&hl=pt-br&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Interview:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUmFUVrQMkM&hl=pt-br&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUmFUVrQMkM&hl=pt-br&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sommarsverige
06-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Jätte grattis till Robin och Magnus :yeah: :yeah:

I am already excited for the match against Roger....but I am angry about the stupid "free sunday", because that means the match will be on monday and I have to work then :(

Ilovetheblues_86
06-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Stupid sunday I agree.

--Aussie--
06-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Bravo Robin! I can't wait for the match with Federer, it's gonna be great. Robin was not realy in the match in Paris so hopefully he will kick some ass this time. :lol:
I really want you to win this one Robin! If you do, you are one step away from the finals with only ''Balkan bolys'' left to beat.;)
It's not gonna be easy, but you can do it.:bounce:

swedes_rule
06-27-2009, 01:42 PM
i just hope he can get a set.. im not too confident though :( kom igen robin !

Ilovetheblues_86
06-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Just win this Federer mug once for GODS SAKE!!! heeha

Getta
06-28-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2009/06/Wimbledon-Soderling-QA-Answers.aspx

ROBIN SODERLING ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS FROM WIMBLEDON

London, England
by ATP Staff, 27.06.2009

Sweden’s Robin Soderling, who on Monday at Wimbledon will play Roger Federer in a rematch of this month’s Roland Garros final, answered questions from ATPWorldTour.com fans during a day off at The Championships Saturday.

You said at the French that no one beats you 11 times in a row. How do you feel about that statement today now that you’ll play Roger on Monday?
Zishan Siddiqui
(Laughing) We’ll see on Monday evening. If I can play well hopefully I will have a small chance.

My name is Bjorn, I meet you this year at the Heineken Open in Auckland, thanks for taking the time out for a photo (see above left). How have you seen the game change since you turned pro and how much do you think Federer has been a part of that?
Bjorn Pollock, 8 yrs, Queenstown, New Zealand
All the guys are stronger now and the biggest difference with the top guys is they move so much better. Stroke wise it’s the same. Roger, Rafa, Murray, Djokovic – they are all great movers.

You've played Nadal on clay. Now you must play Federer on his best surface, grass. What is the most difficult match and why?
It’s pretty similar. Roger for me is the best grass court player of all time and Rafa is the best clay court player of all time. I beat Rafa on clay, so that gives me a little confidence that I can beat Roger on grass.

What is your favourite thing about Wimbledon?
For me this is the best Grand Slam tournament. There is a lot of tradition. This is where I had my first good Grand Slam memories. I remember qualifying here at 19 and winning two rounds in the main draw. I beat Verkerk, who played the final of the French that year.

I like playing on grass. You only do it for a couple of weeks all year. I’m glad we don’t play on it the whole year… it’s very different to the other surfaces, but for a couple of weeks it’s a lot of fun.

Will you soon develop an official web site? Or join Facebook so that your fans can view news and videos about you all in one place?
I’ve been on Facebook but I quit. I am starting up an official web site, which will start working pretty soon.

What will you do this weekend after cruising into the second week of the tournament?
I will probably go into town and do a bit of shopping, but I’ll also get a lot of rest to be 100 percent for Monday.

Did you meet up with Bjorn Borg after the Roland Garros final?
No, not after the final but I have met him many times before back home in Sweden. He’s a nice guy and a legend. I wish I could play with him once. It would be very fun just to hit with him. He had stopped playing when I started, so my heroes growing up were Edberg, Wilander.

Not a question, but a thank you to you from Switzerland for being such a fair and friendly sportsman when playing Roger Federer at Roland Garros. We all appreciated your kind consideration when that person had invaded the court. Thank you very much for that, we think very highly of you.
Barbara and Jean-Daniel
Thank you. After the intruder left Roger and jumped the net I wasn’t thinking he was coming at me. I was just waiting for security to take him off the court. But it took quite a while. We were lucky nothing more serious happened.

Did Magnus Norman have a special reward for you after your run to the Roland Garros final?
No reward. He said he’s been waiting for this, that I finally showed how good I could play. He also played in the French final, so he helped me a lot during those two weeks.

Who are, in your opinion, the funniest players?
Andjela, Belgrade, Serbia
Tsonga is a pretty funny guy.

Do you have an iPod? What music do you like to listen to?
Venla S, Helsinki, Finland
I have three or four iPods for different occasions. I like to listen to music before I go on court and I listen to every sort of music. When I’ve been away from Sweden for a long time I like to listen to Swedish music. There is a Swedish band called Kent, which I really like.

You’ve openly said you don’t care about making friends in the locker room, but there must be some players you are friends with?
All the Sweidsh guys, of course. There were more of us two or three years ago, but there are still enough guys for me to spend time with. Jarkko Nieminen also hangs around with us.

Tell me about the pampering you were given after Roland Garros, which included a ride home on a private jet?
The treatment was very nice and what happened was very big in Sweden. I did a lot of media. It’s great to get the profile of tennis back where it belongs. We’re a small country but we have such a big tennis tradition with so many good players.

What was the first thought that came to your mind immediately after winning the final point against Nadal? Was it your best ever day as a tennis pro?
Bhargav Hazarika, Jorhat (India)
I was just happy that the match ended; it was a long match. It took me a while to understand that I had won the match. I think I have played better matches, but it was my biggest win for sure.

What do you feel is the most significant change or addition made to your training routine over the last 6-8 months?
Jason Strong, Glenwood Landing, N.Y.
Nothing really. I have always trained the same way. I always like to train hard and train a lot. On the court I’ve worked a lot with Magnus on my movement and my volleys. We also worked on how to think and how to focus on court.

How can I train to have the serve that you have? It is awesome.
First, you need to practise your serve a lot. And go to the gym. Work your arms and upper body, your shoulders. Do a lot of explosive training if you want to serve harder.

Congratulations on your Roland Garros performance. You said during your off-season training you tried (Bikram) hot yoga. It is something I am thinking of starting. Just how much did your flexibility improve?
Vilim K, Zagreb, Croatia
I was pretty stiff after a long season so it helped me. It also helped me relax.

Did you ever hear the media call you an indoor specialist? Before your breakthrough in Paris why was your record indoors so much better than your record outdoors?
I grew up in Sweden playing on indoor courts; we could only play outdoors for three months of the year. I still think my best surface is indoor hard court, but after doing well on outdoor clay in Paris, I think I can play well on all surfaces.

Who is the most underrated player on tour?
Philipp Kohlschreiber. He’s a great player who is ranked around 30, but I think he’s even better than that.

Tell me a little about your girlfriend Jenni. Does she work or travel with you full time?
She travels with me half of the time. When she’s not with me she’s studying in Sweden.

Have you always played such an aggressive game, even back in the juniors?
When I was very young I played quite defensively. When I was 10 or 11 my coach told me I needed to play more offensively and it went from there.

*Raine
06-28-2009, 05:41 PM
I am so nervous for tomorrow but bring it on anyway :rocker2:

Kolya
06-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Good luck Soda! :yeah:

SwedSerbia
06-29-2009, 09:05 AM
I really hope the serve is working from the first service game today, then Robin will be an hard nut to beat for the great champ. KOM IGEN ROBIN! :D

Ilovetheblues_86
06-29-2009, 10:24 AM
:) I predict a riot today in MTF.

swedes_rule
06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
sigh. first two sets to roger 6-4 7-6. very close but id really like robin to get a set. KOM IGEN.

Ilovetheblues_86
06-29-2009, 02:05 PM
It´s close, Soda is starting to feel more confortable playing against Roger, I think from now to the rest of his career he might have a shot to play better, he still makes too many UE and Federer usually plays confortable.

swedes_rule
06-29-2009, 02:16 PM
6-4 7-6 7-6... close tight match but sad he didnt get a set :(

Ilovetheblues_86
06-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Hope he gets better and go angry for hardcourt season wanting to get some blood.
And hopefully he don´t get to face Federer so early.

Getta
06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Wimbledon

R4 vs Federer

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0brCcx34HTdwS/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01yk7Sp4710Zc/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08aC3x02ju7Bu/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cB3e1k029bXh/610x.jpg

Sommarsverige
06-29-2009, 09:02 PM
I am sad that Robin lost :(
Unfortunately I couldn´t watch the match because of work, but seen from the result I think Robin put up a good fight!

Getta
06-30-2009, 07:22 AM
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2009-06-29/200906291246274172468.html

R Soderling - 29 June 2009

Q. Just near the end when you got the mini break up, he knocked back a forehand winner to you and you got a pretty big smile on your face. It seemed to suggest, That's all I have; you're too good. Would you say that summed it up?

ROBIN SODERLING: No. But, you know, I think I ‑‑ at 5‑4 I think I played a very good point. I hit a great forehand on the line and he came up with a winner. It's not much to do.

Apart from maybe the double‑fault, I don't think that I lost the last tiebreak, I think he won it.

Q. You've played him 11 times now and lost 11 times. Going into a match like that, do you think this might be your time?

ROBIN SODERLING: Thanks for reminding me, by the way.

Yeah, yeah, I think like every time I go on court against doesn't matter who I'm playing, I have to believe that I can win. I mean, I never want to go on court and think I'm gonna lose. That's not a good way of thinking, so I always believe in myself.

Q. Are you getting closer to him or not?

ROBIN SODERLING: I think so. You know, I think I played better today than I did the last couple times we played. So today wasn't ‑‑ I mean, I lost in straight sets, but I think deserved maybe a better ending ‑ a little bit at least.

Q. How are you feeling physically compared to the other day?

ROBIN SODERLING: I feel good. I feel much better. Getting better.

Q. Have you ever served so well and still lost a match?

ROBIN SODERLING: Of course, I think so, yeah. I served good today, but, you know, I served much better before.

Q. If you could pick a game you would like to play against him, with Federer, out of tennis, what would it be?

ROBIN SODERLING: I think I will beat him in marathon ‑ easy.

Q. Do you now think that Roger will go on to win Wimbledon?

ROBIN SODERLING: There's a lot of good players still in the tournament. It's going to be tough. But I think he's the biggest favorite.

If he plays well, I think he's gonna win. But, you know, he definitely need to play well every match.

Q. He only broke your serve once. Did that surprise you?

ROBIN SODERLING: No. I didn't expect to be broken many times. You know, I've only been broken I think twice during this tournament, maybe three times. So, you know, I've been serving very well since the first match.

That's what I always do. When I serve well, I always play well, as well.

Q. Why the marathon?

ROBIN SODERLING: I'm pretty good at marathon. I'm a strong guy. I think I'm stronger than him.

Q. Comparing to other matches against Federer, what do you think about his performance today?

ROBIN SODERLING: I think he played well, like always when we played. He's a great grass court player, and I think he's ‑‑ the faster surface he plays on, I think the more aggressive he plays.

So today it was really fast. He was tough. So I think he played very well today.

Q. Did you find him harder or easier to come up against than in France?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, he played great both matches. But I think I played a little bit better today.

Ilovetheblues_86
06-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Q. Why the marathon?

ROBIN SODERLING: I'm pretty good at marathon. I'm a strong guy. I think I'm stronger than him.

:)

--Aussie--
07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Robin played great against Federer, so strong. He will be really dangerous on hardcourts. :eek: :)

trickcy
07-02-2009, 10:33 AM
A pity Robin came up against Federer so early :( Nevertheless, he seems to be in good form and hopefully,, it'll be the same on the hardcourts :yeah:

DanaKz
07-03-2009, 08:26 AM
So Robin will play on clay again in Bastad? Hope he will win it.

Kolya
07-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Good luck in Bastad.

Getta
07-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Båstad

[1] Fernando Verdasco ESP vs Bye
Daniel Koellerer AUT vs Steve Darcis BEL
Victor Crivoi ROM vs Denis Istomin UZB
Juan Monaco ARG vs [8] Maximo Gonzalez ARG

[3] Tommy Robredo ESP vs Bye
Alberto Martin ESP vs Qualifier
[WC] Daniel Berta SWE vs Bjorn Phau GER
Teimuraz Gabashvili RUS vs [7] Christophe Rochus BEL

[6] Florent Serra FRA vs [WC] Andreas Vinciguerra SWE
[WC] Grigor Dimitrov BUL vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Federico Gil POR
Bye vs [4] Jurgen Melzer AUT

[5] Nicolas Almagro ESP vs Marat Safin RUS
Julien Benneteau FRA vs Qualifier
Marcel Granollers ESP vs Kristof Vliegen BEL
Bye vs [2] Robin Soderling SWE

Ilovetheblues_86
07-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Almagro and Safin are tough.

Ilovetheblues_86
07-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Nice win today, let´s win Bastad.

--Aussie--
07-17-2009, 11:20 AM
It's gonna be interesting match today against Almagro. Hope Robin will beat him again! :bounce:

swedes_rule
07-17-2009, 02:02 PM
wooohooo 75 63 :D
I didnt really think he played that well but at least he won :)
Kom Igen in the semis!!

trickcy
07-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Come on Robin :bounce:

SwedSerbia
07-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Just great :D

Ilovetheblues_86
07-17-2009, 04:40 PM
I will give 1.5 k v-cash for post #1000. :D

Getta
07-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Båstad

QF vs Almagro

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0exX4iHab21vS/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00TVg3i1M48J9/610x.jpg

swedes_rule
07-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Singles
[2] R Soderling (SWE) d [5] N Almagro (ESP) 75 63
[WC] A Vinciguerra (SWE) d [4] J Melzer (AUT) 26 64 63

Semi against Vinci - who seems to be in great form... might be tough!

Doubles – Semi-finals
R Lindstedt (SWE) / R Soderling (SWE) d [4] M Lopez (ESP) / T Robredo (ESP) 64 76(7)

will face [3] J Levinsky (CZE) / F Polasek (SVK) in the final...

kom igen robin win singles and doubles!!!

Etern
07-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Hopefully Robin will be as strong in finals as he has been in other important matches. Before that hasn't been the case but alot has changed.. Win two titles tomorrow :D

Ilovetheblues_86
07-18-2009, 07:29 PM
I´m already thinking about Hamburg. :rocker:

Getta
07-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Båstad

SF vs Vinciguerra

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09ZTd2y8Dqf9Z/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00addUG7CDecd/610x.jpg

Getta
07-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I´m already thinking about Hamburg. :rocker:

;)

Hamburg

[1] Gilles Simon FRA vs Bye
Qualifier vs [WC] Daniel Brands GER
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Bye vs [13] Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA

[10] Viktor Troicki SRB vs Bye
Teimuraz Gabashvili RUS vs Andreas Seppi ITA
Christophe Rochus BEL vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez ESP
Bye vs [5] Stanislas Wawrinka SUI

[3] Robin Soderling SWE vs Bye
Fabio Fognini ITA vs Ivo Minar CZE
Martin Vassallo Arguello ARG vs Qualifier
Bye vs [14] Nicolas Almagro ESP

[9] Jurgen Melzer AUT vs Bye
Qualifier vs Bjorn Phau GER
Qualifier vs Maximo Gonzalez ARG
Bye vs [8] Philipp Kohlschreiber GER

----------------------------------

[6] David Ferrer ESP vs Bye
[WC] Florian Mayer GER vs Rainer Schuettler GER
Juan Monaco ARG vs Mikhail Youzhny RUS
Bye vs [12] Jose Acasuso ARG

[16] Mischa Zverev GER vs Bye
Janko Tipsarevic SRB vs [WC] Simon Greul GER
Steve Darcis BEL vs Ivan Navarro ESP
Bye vs [4] Tommy Robredo ESP

[7] Igor Andreev RUS vs Bye
Julien Benneteau FRA vs Juan Ignacio Chela ARG
[WC] Kevin Krawietz GER vs Jan Hernych CZE
Bye vs [11] Victor Hanescu ROU

[15] Jeremy Chardy FRA vs Bye
Oscar Hernandez ESP vs Andreas Beck GER
Philipp Petzschner GER vs Florent Serra FRA
Bye vs [2] Nikolay Davydenko RUS

*Ljubica*
07-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Good luck to Robin in the Final tomorrow, AND in Hamburg :D

swedes_rule
07-19-2009, 12:28 AM
kom igen robin - win the singles and the doubles of my favourite tournament ive ever been to!!! :worship:

--Aussie--
07-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Keep going Robin! GL today, Monaco seems to be in fantastic form! :scared:
Go Robin! :bounce:

shadows
07-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Robin looking good so far in the final ^^

I like the looks of Hamburg too, don't see him having many problems getting to the semis, Wawrinka could be tough there but I like his chances.

Ilovetheblues_86
07-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Boo, come back to the match.

--Aussie--
07-19-2009, 02:07 PM
And Robin won 63 76. :bounce: :banana: :yeah:
Congrats!:worship::worship:
Best of luck in Hambrug!:devil:

swedes_rule
07-19-2009, 02:27 PM
omg i got all teary - robin went and hugged magnus... :hearts: and then tojo and jonas were there on court for the presentation... :worship: WISH i was there this year!!!
he totally lost it half way through the second set... thank god he won the tiebreak!!! i thought he was gonna choke!!

Nidhogg
07-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Robin gets even closer to the top 10-summit, reaching yet another career high as number eleven.

Now on to the doubles final with Lindstedt! :rocker2:

trickcy
07-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Congrats Robin :yeah: :rocker2:

Getta
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Båstad

F vs Monaco

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00bJ2Whdj23B6/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02Q8dd805Obx1/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03Qb0Ux8FR4S4/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dJV8X4dCb2Ip/610x.jpg

Etern
07-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Congrats Robin, well deserved title. It looks like it might be two titles today for him :D

DanaKz
07-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Congratulations Robin! :)

Nidhogg
07-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Robin and Robert lost their doubles match 6-1 3-6 7-10. I didn't see the match, but I hope they both put on a good show. Cheerio to Båstad and hello Hamburg. ;)

*Ljubica*
07-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Congratulations on winning the title at home Robin - that always makes it extra special :D

Etern
07-19-2009, 06:36 PM
I jinxed them :(. Well for Robin the important thing was the title in singles

Sommarsverige
07-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Also from me big congrats to Robin :yeah:
I have to admit I was a little torn, because I like Pico Monaco a lot as well, but when Robin won, hugged Magnus (hello Christina ;) ) and all the things he said made me near tears as well ;)

Will post some pictures the next days, but as I am back home in Hamburg and of course going to the tournament, it will be another stressy week ;)

swedes_rule
07-19-2009, 10:27 PM
hehe I knew you'd understand Birte :) If you get a chance and you remember what he said, would you mind translating a bit of it for me?? I really need to learn swedish... hehe

enjoy hamburg!!! *is so jealous!!!*

Sommarsverige
07-19-2009, 10:33 PM
hehe I knew you'd understand Birte :) If you get a chance and you remember what he said, would you mind translating a bit of it for me?? I really need to learn swedish... hehe

enjoy hamburg!!! *is so jealous!!!*

Of course I will, no problem ;) Just give me a little bit of time, okay? ;) But as I also recorded Robins speech, I can always watch it again in case I should forget what he said ;)

SweTennis
07-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Congratulations Robin! Good luck in Hamburg. :)

swedes_rule
07-21-2009, 01:04 AM
thanks birte!! yes, take your time!! :D

Nidhogg
07-21-2009, 11:59 AM
3kt74LXHZjs

Righto. This is definetely the title he savours most yet and he's long dreamt about playing well here and maybe some day even win it all. He's now feeling that he can play well on all surfaces. Asked about how different his mindset was going into this final and the one at RG, he says he was nervous prior to both, but in different ways. In Paris he was so incredibly happy about getting to the final, even though he of course also wanted to win. Here in Båstad he was definetely not content about just getting to the final. It has been fun with the extra attention lately after his success, and the only pressure he's felt is the one he sets on himself.
Asked if he'll return to Båstad next year: "Of course. I will keep coming here for as long as I play and after that as well."

Ilovetheblues_86
07-22-2009, 04:37 AM
Tks for the vid. :worship:

Getta
07-22-2009, 12:53 PM
phew.

Ilovetheblues_86
07-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Nah you know, I would be tired to be winning too much mateches like him, but Soida need to understan he needs to play all he can this week and win important matches so that he can rest next week, take his girlfriend to some hot place etc.

SweTennis
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't know if anybody has written this before, but it's quite interesting that Robin hasn't lost a match to anybody, except for Federer, since Rome in April, where he lost to Nadal. So right now he's unbeatable for everyone, except for Federer. :)

Jens
07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Some pictures from training yesterday in Hamburg with Ferrer

http://i27.tinypic.com/34yo1o2.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/28244cj.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/fk0jdg.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/zu5yms.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/5zhd29.jpg

Sommarsverige
07-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Lovely pics, Thanks for posting, Jens :yeah:

swedes_rule
07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
thanks for the pictures!!!! :worship:

gam_jonte
07-22-2009, 10:07 PM
i don't know if this has been posted, so i'll just post this here aswell :)
"Söderling is actually going to get help from one of Swedens Athlete coaches, Ulf K, i think it was. He have decided to help Söderling improve his footwork.
Both regarding his latteral and especially his depth movement which is good news indeed. :)
He said he'll begin his work with Söderling near the end of this Summer. It'll be really nice to see what changes he can make to improve his mobility. :)"

Ilovetheblues_86
07-23-2009, 06:02 AM
This seems cool, it shows how much recognition he earned in Sweden and how much he is now being considered as a top player, because a coach probably liked his comittment to the game and decided that a help was worth it.
I don´t think theres much left for him to improve since he is already 24 but I think he can deffo get a better footwork, which is a bit hard, since he´s a bit tall. But with cool coaches like Norman, a relaxed guy that is helping Soda mentally and a coach only for movement besides the physical one, they could be creating a monster.

Etern
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Were there som pics on Robin as a gladiator on the ATP site yesterday? I can't find them now so I'm starting to think it was just a crazy dream :confused:

Chris-swede
07-23-2009, 12:17 PM
these pics were there...!!! Believe me!!!

I think today vs Almagro will be very very tough...also he beat him 2 time in a row..but Robin is tired..i really think...he will not reach the semis...lose to Almagro or tomorrow vs Kohlschreiber.

Ilovetheblues_86
07-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Soda3-2

Almagro is a bi tired too Granollers made him sweat yesterday and he also has the disadvantage to have lost to Soderling at Bastad, I still believe Soderling can win this, 70% of chances.
And then against Cuevas would be an interesting match.

Ilovetheblues_86
07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
No problem Soda, Hamburg is raining, boring etc...take one week to rest and good luck in Hardcourts

Getta
07-23-2009, 10:11 PM
i kind of really like this... for now...

Sommarsverige
07-23-2009, 10:11 PM
No problem Soda, Hamburg is raining, boring etc...take one week to rest and good luck in Hardcourts

Sorry, I cannot let this stand ;) I am from Hamburg and have lived here my complete life and this so is not true!!! Hamburg is such a wonderful city (and I don´t only say it because I live here) and it is really bad luck there is often bad weather for the tennis :( But I can tell you we already had some wonderful weather this year :)

I think Almagro played very good today and he is someone everyone can loose to if he is on fire, so no shame at all for Robin!

swedes_rule
07-23-2009, 10:59 PM
i wasnt confident for this match but am still sad to see he lost :(

anyone know where he is playing next?

Ilovetheblues_86
07-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I cannot let this stand ;) I am from Hamburg and have lived here my complete life and this so is not true!!! Hamburg is such a wonderful city (and I don´t only say it because I live here) and it is really bad luck there is often bad weather for the tennis :( But I can tell you we already had some wonderful weather this year :)

I think Almagro played very good today and he is someone everyone can loose to if he is on fire, so no shame at all for Robin!

No, I´m not telling Hamburg is boring like always, but it is in this week boring. The different between a permanent state of being and a temporary. In portuguese there is two different words for this, spanish too (Hamburgo esta muy mala con la lluvia is diffrent than Hamburgo es mala.). I think Hamburg must be a cool city, my mother already visited since she is a deutsch lehrerin, but this week it just don´t fit with Soderling sunny mood, so like Getta said, maybe it was etter for him to win in Sunny Bastad and get out of rainy Hamburg.

Etern
07-24-2009, 09:36 AM
these pics were there...!!! Believe me!!!

I think today vs Almagro will be very very tough...also he beat him 2 time in a row..but Robin is tired..i really think...he will not reach the semis...lose to Almagro or tomorrow vs Kohlschreiber.

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy when I didn't see the pictures anymore :lol:

Sadly you were right about the result against Almagro. It's a shame that he wasn't able to beat him cause the draw have opened up a lot. Robin must be very tired so he gets some well deserved rest now :)

Ilovetheblues_86
07-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Still from Hamburg...
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxOs6qMcLck&hl=pt-br&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxOs6qMcLck&hl=pt-br&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I think next might be Washington then the Master Series.

Ilovetheblues_86
07-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Strong field at Washington:

1 Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 5
2 Roddick, Andy USA 6
3 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried FRA 9
4 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 10
5 Soderling, Robin SWE 12
6 Cilic, Marin CRO 13
7 Monfils, Gael FRA 14
8 Robredo, Tommy ESP 15
9 Blake, James USA 17
10 Berdych, Tomas CZE 20
11 Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 22
12 Stepanek, Radek CZE 23
13 Fish, Mardy USA 25
14 Andreev, Igor RUS 26
15 Schuettler, Rainer GER 29
16 Troicki, Viktor SRB 31
17 Haas, Tommy GER 34
18 Karlovic, Ivo CRO 36
19 Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 39
20 Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 44
21 Sela, Dudi ISR 46
22 Querrey, Sam USA 47

I really hope Soda do well, but its gonna be hard.. you know he will need to play well but at the same time can´t get too tired or injured because of two Master Series in the next two weeks, gonna be 2500 points in play, I hope he gets at least a SF in a Master Series or enough points to enter top10.
We are at the climax of the season now!!

swedes_rule
07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
yeah i reallllllly want him to get into the top 10 - hes SOOOOO close!! this field is tough though - a lot of higher ranked players. will be very difficult i think.

DanaKz
07-29-2009, 07:49 AM
:eek: Sorry. :)

swedes_rule
08-02-2009, 01:25 AM
robin has a bye in the first round - in the second he'll play the winner of mikail youhzny and robert kendrick. tough. im not sure the whole bye system really works - i think robin needs the practice sometimes cos it takes him a little while to warm up.

Chris-swede
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
it is not so tough..cause youzhny is out of form...and kendrick is kendrick...