Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 [Archive] - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

MaxPower
05-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I think he'll give Olympics a shot. Waiting 4 year for the next must feel awful. Even if he's not completely 100% he can always go and play doubles with Lindstedt. Singles he might go out in R1 but who cares. Then he can hang with the other atheletes in the olympic village and just have fun.

Obviously I hope he shocks everyone and comes back for RG/Wimby put that is a pipe dream at this stage :)

Anyone knows if he's in Stockholm to practice in the royal tennis hall? I'm in gothenburg sadly otherwise I would investigate

superganon
05-15-2012, 12:13 AM
i feel soderling will be back for Båstad :) after wimbledon he will be back with traning :)

AgnRus
05-15-2012, 03:33 AM
i feel soderling will be back for Båstad :)after wimbledon he will be back with traning :)

:spit:

Wimbledon (June 25-July 8)
SkiStar Swedish Open (July 9-15)

If he returns to training after Wimbledon (I hope not, and he slowly begins to right now), we'll not see him before Bercy.

MaxPower
05-15-2012, 08:16 AM

If he returns to training after Wimbledon (I hope not, and he slowly begins to right now), we'll not see him before Bercy.

Stockholm Open is just 2 weeks ahead of Bercy. Would be good for a comeback.

I do think Soderling will say something about his recovery when he announces his withdrawal from RG. Don't think he has yet and only a week left so it will happen any day

AgnRus
05-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Yes, of course, but I deliberately did not write about the Stockholm Open, because I almost hate that stupid Mickey Mouse tournament. As usual, your organizers will invite a tons of top players + all the Argentine national team. I would like to Robin's return in a more relaxed atmosphere than this.In any other tournament except the Stockholm Open.For Robin is always very painful to lose at home.

AgnRus
05-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Awful news :( Robin will miss French Open, Wimbledon and the Olympics.
So sad.:sad:

http://svt.se/sport/soderling-staller-in-sasongen

His season is over.
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=179&artikel=5110374

I have no words...

DanaKz
05-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck :banghead:

sunzhewyq
05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I wonder whether his career is over or not:mad::mad:

sunzhewyq
05-16-2012, 12:09 PM
From Robin's Twitter

Jag har inte alls tagit något beslut att lägga ner denna säsongen. Däremot kommer det bli svårt att komma tillbaka i full form till sommaren(In English)I have NOT taken any decision to end this season. But it will probably be difficult to get back in shape this summer.

Nä nu går jag och köper en se&hör. Där kanske det står något som har en liten gnutta sanning i sig.

Since I get calls from media 10 times a day. I decided to have a press conference to give them a status update.It's easier then spending 3 hours on the phone with media everyday.

AgnRus
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
probably the first part (about Roland Garros, Wimbledon and Olympic Games) was true, but then someone from the media add "the whole season." stupid.
will wait for a press conference.

MaxPower
05-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Seems to me that there isn't really any "news". It's the same as it was last time. He still doesn't know when he can return, still not recovered.

This is probably due to media harrassing him about RG and his big drop in the rankings. Robin said on his twitter that an SVT employee (swedish state television) had become very angry with him and even cursing him for not getting the answers wanted.

Media is really not making friends with Robin atm and he might give even less official statements if they keep this up. The press conference is more or less forced so he gets them off his back for a while.

I wait until his presser on the 21st but I'm happy if it's true he hasn't pulled the plug on the entire season. I mean saying he can't play in October/November now in May would maybe mean retirement.

Now I think he will just say he's still working on getting back but he doesn't know when.

sunzhewyq
05-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Now I think he will just say he's still working on getting back but he doesn't know when.

agree

superganon
05-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Soderling will have a press conference and express himself and his thougts for the future on may 21th.
according to his twitter, swedish media has been calling him down pretty much latley due to EU summer season is here and FO, wimbly and olympics ofc. they also say he is not going to participate in these tournaments but he has not yet decided if he will continue in 2012 or take this year off.

21 may we will know....stay tuned folks and pray to the gods that Sod will be back in action some day to kill top 4 dominance once more!

superganon
05-16-2012, 03:20 PM

ok my bad but still, i think he will start training this summer sometime after båstad...

MaxPower
05-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Seems like Robin got a little angry at the expert saying their could be economical reasons he's trying to get back. It wasn't that stupid of a statement even if Robin clearly has made a lot of money and is living in Monte Carlo where the tax is very low. Some pro's burn a lot of money on houses, cars, or whatever and haven't planned their career could end at any time. Robin was smart, many athletes are not.

Anyway, I don't think it works in his favor to call out media persons. He should probably just suck it up. When/If he gets back the same media persons he's been calling out will get a shot at revenge...especially if it goes very bad for him. That could turn ugly

AgnRus
05-18-2012, 06:55 AM
To be honest, Mr. Gunarsson always says bullshit about Robin. I remember his accusations of greed of Robin for his decision to play an exhibition in Abu Dhabi. This man is either very stupid or just sorry that his career was not successful and he is just jealous. Stupidest "expert" i've ever seen.

Orka_n
05-18-2012, 11:56 AM
To be honest, Mr. Gunarsson always says bullshit about Robin. I remember his accusations of greed of Robin for his decision to play an exhibition in Abu Dhabi. This man is either very stupid or just sorry that his career was not successful and he is just jealous. Stupidest "expert" i've ever seen.The guy is just a clown. I remember during Wimbledon 2010 when asked about the sensational Isner - Mahut match developing into the longest ever, he just said it was "terrible". The reason: there were guys in the locker room waiting for those 2 to finish up. :facepalm:

sunzhewyq
05-18-2012, 12:47 PM
To be honest, Mr. Gunarsson always says bullshit about Robin. I remember his accusations of greed of Robin for his decision to play an exhibition in Abu Dhabi. This man is either very stupid or just sorry that his career was not successful and he is just jealous. Stupidest "expert" i've ever seen.

Is he Swedish? work for SvT??If so, I really don't know why he always says bad about Robin who is his native player. :confused:

As for us, Zheng Jie is our native player and she had refused to take an interview with the native media for some times, So there is not too much news about her but we had never said something bad about her. Media which fabricates rumors wants to get more attention and click rate from the public which has a directly connection with the benefit..

MaxPower
05-19-2012, 09:31 AM
yes he's an expert for SVT. SVT doesn't cover tennis that much nowadays but they do broadcast Stockholm Open and at least report some from the slams.

He was in the studio of many Stockholm Opens I have seen so he's probably met Robin and done interviews with him so I guess there could be some bad blood between them. Like Gunnarsson could have caught him after a tough loss and offended him with a stupid question. Then maybe Robin struck back and Gunnarsson got offended in turn. It's true he doesn't seem to like him

Still he isn't as bad as certain swedish forum posters who spread everything from doping rumors to lost motivation and different conspiracy theories. Now when Soderling is more active in social media I hope those rumors disappears for good

DanaKz
05-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Ok, it's 21st (waiting for presser)

AgnRus
05-21-2012, 07:21 AM
From Twitter:

Hi everyone. I have the best news. Jenni an I are becoming parents in late September. We are both very happy and excited. 👼

:):cheerleader::hug:

DanaKz
05-21-2012, 07:37 AM
:aparty: :woohoo:

sunzhewyq
05-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Wow......

superganon
05-21-2012, 09:28 AM
good for robin and jenni :D really happy for them :)

Björki
05-21-2012, 09:46 AM
happy for them :D

MaxPower
05-21-2012, 10:11 AM
:clap2: but still worried about the press conference at 15:00 :scared:

He can't retire now! got another mouth to feed soon :)

sunzhewyq
05-21-2012, 11:16 AM
:clap2: but still worried about the press conference at 15:00 :scared:

He can't retire now! got another mouth to feed soon :)

any live stream????

FlameOn
05-21-2012, 11:51 AM
That's awesome news! The baby will have good genes and maybe he/she will become a tennis champ! :aparty:

AgnRus
05-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Soderling’s press conference

I wimbledon började jag känna. Har varit kosntigt uipp och ner. Började känan mig trött och hängig. Sov inte bra. Bara känslan att jag mr inte bra. Spydde ochkände mig febrig. Väntade att något skulle bryta ut. Tänkte att jag inbillade mig men det var segt i matcherna.

Tog vila efter Wimbledon. Blev lite bättre men kände nmig orkeslös när jag började träna. Kunde inte ta på symptomnen men det kändes inte bra.

Sen i Båstad kände jag mig bra igenb. Blev så jäkla glad. Helt plötsligt kändes de tsom att allt lättade. Där gick det ju bra

ENågra dagar efter båstad var det nåt som inte stämde. Sen en vecka till fick jag hög feber, sjukt ont i halsen. körtlarna svullnade upp. Det var 2 v efter båstad. Då fattade jag att jag hade körtelfeber.

10 dagar tog det. Sen kände jag mig bättre. Symptomen försvann. Dum som jag var så ville jag spela US Open. Åkte dit och började träna. Nån dag gick det ok. 1-2 dagar innan match small det till igen. Var helt slut och fick vara kvar i NEw Yoprk i fyra dagar innan jag kunde åka hem.

Var hemma och vilade 4-5 v och mådde dåligt. Gjorde samma miss i Sthlm och tränade inför Sthlm. Då hände samma sak igen.

Det började kännas så pass bra igen.Läkarna sa att jag fick gå på känsla. Jag tyckte att det kändes rätt så bra och blundade lite för symptomen och körde på.

Sen hände samma sak igen och då kände jag att det inte var så bra att köra på. Det känns soma tt jag förlorade tre månader på att jag var dum och körde på.

Sen tog jag en rejäl ledighet. Tänklte att nu måste det bli bra

Det har varit så himla skumt. Ibland har det gått relativt bra men sen har jag joggat och haft 170 i puls. Andra gånger har det inte funkat alls. Det har inte varit samma hela tiden.

Nu när jag var i USA fick jag förklarat att det inte var bra att pressa sig med en sån infektion i kroppen. Den säger ifrån. Doktorn hade svårt att säga vad exakt det gör att jag känner såhär

Min sköldkörtel var påverkad. Såg saker på mina binjurar. ingen kan ge några riktiga besked.

Annars får man ett tidsperspektiv när man har andra skador. Det här är svårare. Det är riktigt jobbigt att aldrig veta.

AgnRus
05-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Jag var jävligt nere. Då var allting jobbigt. Det värsta, värsta kom efter varje gång jag försökte komma tillbaka. Men efteråt var det så pass mkt bättre. Men att träna och gå på funkade liksom inte.

När det var som jobbigast tänkte jag; Tänk om det inte går över. Sen börjar man känna sig lite bättre. Undrar om det funkar nu och när jag kan spela?

Det är en stressande tanke på när jag kan spela igen. Nu har jag försökte lägga bort det och försöka bli helt bra.

Inget Wimbledon, Franska Öppna, OS och sannolikt inget Båstad får vi veta.

Det är som det är. Inte jobbigt att missa en enskild tävling. Vill inte missa nåt. Vill vara tillbaka. Samtidigt vet jag att när det blir bra så har jag förhoppningsvis många år kvar.

Försöker inte titta så mycket på annan tennis. Det har inte varit så jobbigt ändå men det är mer det jag känt att man går och känner efter hela tiden. Man känner; fan jag vill vara där men det finns inget svar så det är bara att sluta fråga.

Jag har jobbat med stiftelsen. Träffat vänner och familj på ett helt annat sätt. Man har hela tiden i bakhuvudet att man vill tillbaka. Men jag har försökt använda tiden till att göra så mkt roliga saker man kan.

När jag kommer tillbaka så blir man inte seedad i de stora turneringarna men det viktigaste är att komma tillbaka.

Nån gång när man mår riktigt dålig tblir man förbannad och säger att jag skiter i det här men man menar det inte. Jag har inte fyllt 28 än och jag har mer år kvar.

AgnRus
05-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Förhoppningsvis kommer jag tillbaka hyfsat snabbt i form.

Om hälsan i dag: Har inte tränat så mkt nu. Dumt att testa varannan dag för att se utan verkligen ge det en chans. Känner mig hyfsad så länge jag inte tränar hårt. Det är svårt att säga var jag står. Lärde mig av mina misstag. Vill inte få ett sånt bakslag.

Om spelsuget: När jag känner mig bättre får jag ett jäkla sug. Tennis har varit mitt liv och jag tycker att det är fantastiskt roligt.

Det känns bättre och jag märker det. Har inte testat så mycket. Känner mig piggare. Det lilla jag gör känsn ganska bra. Inte som en förkylning. Vissa saker känns bättre än för en månad eller två

Nu tränar jag mest jogging, lätt rörlighet och stretching. Har inte spelat tennis under tiden jag var i USA. Där var jag i två månader. Har spelat tio min här 20 här. Det ger inte så mkt som risken är att det förvärras.

Om comeback: Säker kan man aldrig vara men läkarna säger att de sätt det många ggr hos idrottare. Det blir bra men det kan ta tid.

Har inte satt nån tidstgräns. När jag är frisk ska jag spela tennis igen om jag så är 70 år. Sen får vi se om det räcker för att få till hyfsade resultat.

Om papparollen: Skrämmande och roligt men det ser jag verkligen fram emot.

För det mentala är det skönt att ha hannat att tänka på. Att glömma bort det här lite. Blir mkt annat att tänka på.

Man har slängt ur sig det men det har jag gjort många ggr under min karriär men ingenting som jag menat seriöst. Jag ska komma tillbaka och verkligen ge det en chans. Har förhoppningsvis många år kvar. Tycker att det är jäkligt kul att spela tennis.

AgnRus
05-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Ska prata med läkare och min fystränare. Ingen kan ge ett besked om hur mkt man kan göra. Alla säger att man får gå på känn. Det här är mer känsla och det är jättesvårt. Man blir nästan lite rädd när man fått bakslag några gånger. Man blir rädd att pressa sig för hårt.

Jag trodde att det här skulle vara jobbigare. Man känner att man nästan skapat sig ett träningsberoende. Kroppen är van vid det. Visst har man blivit lite rastlös. Det har ändå gått ok.

Jag vet att nån gång kommer jag att få träna.

Har inte följt tennisen så mycket. Har aldrig gjort det egentligen. Bara när jag var liten. Skönt att koppla bort det faktiskt. Nu känner jag att det är skönare att bara släppa det där.

Det är rätt ok men inte tillräckligt bra. Jag vet hur det låter men det är svårt att förklara. Kroppen säger ifrån hård belastning.

Har pratat med andra som haft körtelfeber. Vissa säger att de haft det tre veckor och andra ett och ett halvt år. Men det är inte att föredra att träna hårt .

När jag fick diagonsoen fattade jag att jag hade körtelfebern men det var ganska skönt att få det där. Man är så van att pressa bort det. Man har tränat sig på att pressa bort det där. Tänkte fan vad jag inbillar mig. Skönt att få att det är något fel ändå.

Körtelfebern var det som fick kroppen att inte orka längre. Varför fick jag det? Var jag mer mottaglig? Jag var nedtränad då. Träna hårt med en sån infektion är aldrig bra.

När jag inte var jättedålig så sa jag att det kändes ok och att det inte var någon fara. Det är bara mitt eget fel. Kan inte skylla på någon.

Om att komma tillbaka i år: Måste träna två mån minst innan jag spelar match. Beror helt på när jag känner att jag kan göra det. Måste gå in i uppbyggande träning. Tiden går foirt.

När inte ens läkarna kan säga det, hur ska jag kunna göra det?

Det är mkt känslan att få spela. Kunna träna och göra det man är van vid. Även att resa och vara på tävlingar. När man är där vill man gärna ha semester men när man inte kan så vill man vara där. Har lärt mig att jag borde uppskattat det. En förlust här och där är inte hela världen.

AgnRus
05-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Ibland önskade jag att jag hållit på med bowling så att jag kunnat få vara sjuk ifred.

Om läkarna: Har hittat dem genom agenter och via egen research. Och genom en kompis som tränat hårt med bältros.

Kontakt med Ancic? Genom Fidde. Det är väl lite samma symptom. Han är helt bra nu. Fick sluta av andra anledningar. Det känns ju skönt. När Fidde beskrev hans symptom kände jag att sådär har jag också mått.

Svårt att ta det lugnt på banan och när man tränar, framförallt de dagar när det känns bra.

Jag har kommit på att många ggr när jag varit i sämre form har jag tränat hårdare när jag borde tagit en vecka ledigt. Nu känner man jävlar va bra. Då kan det kännas väldigt bra. Men det är å andra sidan bara en halv träning.

Spela med feber och ont i halsen kommer man att tänka sig för.

Att spela en Grand Slam igen är mitt första mål.

THE END

AZ-12
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks very much for an excellent and very thorough report. The bad news: The mono problems has been very close to the worst possible scenario. The good news: He seems very determined to make a come back. Overall I think this is good news. That the mono has been this bad was already obvious (more or less) from the long absence.

sunzhewyq
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
any one can tell me the meaning of these words???

No French Open ,No Wimbledon and No Olympics(maybe no bastad) this year??

he still doesn't know when he will come back but playing a grand slam is still his first goal.

MaxPower
05-21-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm too lazy to translate the whole thing :) do google-translate and you capture the main messages.

Some things that "surprised" me was that the mono-like sympthoms probably started at Wimbledon or even earlier. I thought that was another issue with possible food poisioning. Playing with this in Båstad could have been a very poor decision that weakened his body leading to the final breakdown.

Good news is that he indeed was in the US for testing as I expected. His thyroid gland showed bad values and I know for certain there are medication to counteract that. Hopefully he can get some non-doping classified treatment that makes him less tired. It's a well-known fact that problems with the thyroid gland can make you tired

The thyroid gland controls how quickly the body uses energy, makes proteins, and controls how sensitive the body is to other hormones. It participates in these processes by producing thyroid hormones. These hormones regulate the rate of metabolism and affect the growth and rate of function of many other systems in the body. (wikipedia)

He still got the will to get back and has not given up on this season yet. Overall better news than I personally expected. I was really worried that he would hint retirement. No signs of that at all.

RG, Wimbledon and Olympics is out of the picture. Båstad isn't yet but he said he wants 2 months of full practice before he attempts a match. That probably means late July, early August at the earliest. Båstad is unlikely but not impossible. US Open is very possible if he just can get back to practice soon enough.

MaxPower
05-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Now it's more and more clear that he was indeed pushing himself too hard when he already knew himself something was very wrong. First after Båstad trying to get ready for USO (that "wrist injury" might have been a disguise). Then trying to get ready for Stockholm.

He's sort of a training fanatic and that obviously came back to bite him. His stubborness worked against him.

I think he could have been back earlier if he just got a quicker offical mono diagnose and canceled last season completely. But it's easy to say that with the result in hand.

sunzhewyq
05-21-2012, 02:33 PM
RG, Wimbledon and Olympics is out of the picture. Båstad isn't yet but he said he wants 2 months of full practice before he attempts a match. That probably means late July, early August at the earliest. Båstad is unlikely but not impossible. US Open is very possible if he just can get back to practice soon enough.

:worship:Thanks anyway...you are still so positive...:)

AZ-12
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Interesting to learn that there is medicin that can counteract the thyroid gland problems. But does it need to be medicin not on the doping list? Some medication has been allowed only for athletes with a medical condition. And if there is treatment for his problem that is considered doping on healthy athletes, it think it should still be allowed in cases of this type. At least during come-back training.

As Max Power I'm too lazy to translate the whole thing, since it was a long interview. But in case there are questions relating to interview that remains after a google translation, I can probably answer them.

AgnRus
05-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Now it's more and more clear that he was indeed pushing himself too hard when he already knew himself something was very wrong. First after Båstad trying to get ready for USO (that "wrist injury" might have been a disguise). Then trying to get ready for Stockholm.

He's sort of a training fanatic and that obviously came back to bite him. His stubborness worked against him.

I think he could have been back earlier if he just got a quicker offical mono diagnose and canceled last season completely. But it's easy to say that with the result in hand.

That's why I almost hate your home tournaments. When it comes to them, Robin became a maniac.

his health since February 2011 (Davis Cup, by the way) was getting worse and worse and worse, and everyone must be blind not to see this. It was obvious that there will be a very bad end. He had to stop and not play Bastad (after all Borg was right ), but he wanted to please the home crowd.
So sad, really.

DanaKz
05-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks God some good news. Of course his stubborness pushed him too far, hope he won't hurry with return, baby steps, Robin, baby steps. We will wait your comeback, but come back healthy.

MaxPower
05-21-2012, 07:16 PM
That's why I almost hate your home tournaments. When it comes to them, Robin became a maniac.

his health since February 2011 (Davis Cup, by the way) was getting worse and worse and worse, and everyone must be blind not to see this. It was obvious that there will be a very bad end. He had to stop and not play Bastad (after all Borg was right ), but he wanted to please the home crowd.
So sad, really.

Yes you were right there. Robin thought he could fight through it. So did I. In Båstad it looked like it worked! Then he went over some kind of invisible wall and was doomed. Robin has played through fevers and sickness before so he probably thought "just another small sickness" and then it was the mono virus. Bad luck but taking risks with sickness as a top athelete gonna end in a severe condition sooner or later

Interesting to learn that there is medicin that can counteract the thyroid gland problems. But does it need to be medicin not on the doping list? Some medication has been allowed only for athletes with a medical condition. And if there is treatment for his problem that is considered doping on healthy athletes, it think it should still be allowed in cases of this type. At least during come-back training.

Yeah I'm somewhat familar with that because I had a friend who had a thyroid gland that was "over-active" producing too much hormones and that made him awfully tired until he got treatment. He slept for like 12-14hs and he was still always tired. Robin's case is probably very different but I still reacted when he mentioned in the presser that they found bad values for that gland. It's a delicate balance and the entire body and it's metabolism is effected if it's disturbed.

If Soderling has gotten some kind of permanent malfunction as a result of the mono he could apply for medical exception like many atheletes with other permanent conditions do, like for example asthma. Then he can still be allowed to take some medication that would normally be doping classified just to get back to values a normal human would have.

Honestly don't even know if that type of hormones is doping classified. I know testosterone and similar hormones ofc are but they are produced in other glands.

Probably good for him if he gets a clear answer and some kind of treatment in either case because there is also the placebo effect :) Just getting some kind of treatment can give a very positive effect on the mind which in turn helps the body

MaxPower
06-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Soderlings achievements in 2009 and 2010 comes in new light after seeing this years RG.

Seppi as around 20-ranked being 2-sets up vs #1 seed in R4. Fails badly next 3 sets. Soderling was in a similar situation in 2009 R4 vs Nadal but just got better as the match moved on

Del Potro being 2 sets up vs Federer in QF. Plays next 3 sets horribly. Soderling in 2010 wasn't even ahead and Federer was #1 at the time and even better than now...

Not to mention Tsonga having 4 MPs and tons of chances and failing to convert today vs Djokovic

Amazing how hard it seems to upset a top3 seed on clay. Speaks volumes of Robin's mental strength. Hope he's watching

FlameOn
06-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Robin will be a bit sad watching Roland Garros this year I'd imagine. But hopefully he uses it as fuel to keep mounting his grand comeback :bowdown:.

AgnRus
06-06-2012, 04:09 AM
disagree.I hope he does not watching Roland Garros, because it's awful for him to feel completely helpless now.

AgnRus
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Swedish guys,please, translate that Magnus says :help:. Something about Robin's comeback in the next year?

http://video.eurosport.se/tennis/robin-tillbaka-nasta-ar_vid234734/video.shtml

Orka_n
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Actually, Magnus said nothing at all about WHEN he thinks Robin will return (after all no one knows that, not even Robin). I have no idea why the title of the video is "Norman: Robin will return next year".

Magnus only said that Robin should focus on becoming healthy and that he is easily good enough at tennis to reach top 10 again.

AgnRus
06-07-2012, 03:29 AM
thank you :)

FlameOn
06-07-2012, 04:23 AM
I so hope he comes back next year. He'll only be 28 years old with plenty of time to get back up the ranks :).

MaxPower
06-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Robin watched the EUROs at least. Sadly he got depressed anyway because Sweden sucked and got eliminated.

Almost got a little wibe that Robin or someone close to him might read MTF. He posted this on instagram http://instagr.am/p/L8z97EyAdz/

it's so much joking about Nadal and piggy roast and Nadal got eliminated very badly in Halle just a day ago. Probably a coincidence. I hope not :) Looks delicious anyway.

sunzhewyq
06-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Robin watched the EUROs at least. Sadly he got depressed anyway because Sweden sucked and got eliminated.

Almost got a little wibe that Robin or someone close to him might read MTF. He posted this on instagram http://instagr.am/p/L8z97EyAdz/

it's so much joking about Nadal and piggy roast and Nadal got eliminated very badly in Halle just a day ago. Probably a coincidence. I hope not :) Looks delicious anyway.

:D.... Robert Lindstedt's reply makes me laugh...umm..a good meal...

MaxPower
06-26-2012, 08:44 AM
He seems to have fun and I like it! In my experience sick/depressed ppl rarely joke around so I think (hope) he's feeling good and it's getting closer to full practice.

It's about 3 months until he becomes a father too. If that doesn't give him energy I don't know what will

I'm hoping for comeback in August or September so he could be fully ready for his best part of the season

AgnRus
07-13-2012, 02:41 PM
http://lemonwhale.com/api/video/embed.jsp?id=73b1bb2d-5f4d-4fe8-8629-6867034db2bd&pi=c7d38fb9-beb9-44c6-8841-c1b2a6d437b0

Guys who understand Swedish, please tell us, is Fidde says something about Robin in this video?
:help:

superganon
07-14-2012, 02:12 PM
http://lemonwhale.com/api/video/embed.jsp?id=73b1bb2d-5f4d-4fe8-8629-6867034db2bd&pi=c7d38fb9-beb9-44c6-8841-c1b2a6d437b0

Guys who understand Swedish, please tell us, is Fidde says something about Robin in this video?
:help:

he says that robin is pretty far from training and can only jog 5 min tops atm. or at least when he tried last time. he also says that robin want to return but dont know when. bur in the social life robin feels really great atm with a baby coming and is really relaxed.

AgnRus
07-14-2012, 02:54 PM
he says that robin is pretty far from training and can only jog 5 min tops atm. or at least when he tried last time. he also says that robin want to return but dont know when. bur in the social life robin feels really great atm with a baby coming and is really relaxed.

Thank you.
It means we will not see him playing at least till 2013.
:(

FlameOn
07-14-2012, 03:19 PM
A bit concerning he still can't jog for over 5 minutes :sad::mad:.

ruberdcky
07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
We were wondering about Robin Soderling, too. At least he's keeping all his fans updated through his Twitter account!

http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Where-Are-They-Now--Robin-Soderling.aspx

AZ-12
08-07-2012, 11:52 AM
While I was optimistic regarding Robin's recovery for a long time, I have begun to think that he may never return to the atptour again. But then I actually got a small glimpse of hope when I read an old twitter comment from 26/7. Robin wrote (as it seems to an old friend that he hadn't had contact with for quite some time): "No olympics for me, have been sick for a long time in mono. But I'm starting to recover and hope to be back soon" (translated from swedish, and leaving out some less relevant part of the conversation). Let's hope he really means what he writes, and not just says something positive in the end to keep his old friend happy.

MaxPower
08-09-2012, 05:03 AM
While I was optimistic regarding Robin's recovery for a long time, I have begun to think that he may never return to the atptour again. But then I actually got a small glimpse of hope when I read an old twitter comment from 26/7. Robin wrote (as it seems to an old friend that he hadn't had contact with for quite some time): "No olympics for me, have been sick for a long time in mono. But I'm starting to recover and hope to be back soon" (translated from swedish, and leaving out some less relevant part of the conversation). Let's hope he really means what he writes, and not just says something positive in the end to keep his old friend happy.

He looks to be strong and in shape so I'm not really worried about his physical recovery. If it really was "can only jog for 5 mins bad" then he would be nowhere near the shape seen in recent photos.

As they are scheduled to have a child soon maybe he doesn't think it's worthwhile to start up on the tour until that is over and all goes well. I mean the ATP tour is a lot of travel and him and Jenni might have decided that it's the best to just take it easy, avoid the media attention that his comeback would cause.

Would love if he gave USO a shot but I'm thinking he'll delay it possibly all the way to Stockholm Open or even next season. Then when he comes back I wouldn't be surprised if he's superstrong physically and more prepared than ever. I think he'll shock everyone because he's a known training fanatic and being able to have a "off-season" this long could turn out to be really good for the next 1-2 seasons.

FlameOn
08-09-2012, 05:23 AM
He looks to be strong and in shape so I'm not really worried about his physical recovery. If it really was "can only jog for 5 mins bad" then he would be nowhere near the shape seen in recent photos.

As they are scheduled to have a child soon maybe he doesn't think it's worthwhile to start up on the tour until that is over and all goes well. I mean the ATP tour is a lot of travel and him and Jenni might have decided that it's the best to just take it easy, avoid the media attention that his comeback would cause.

Would love if he gave USO a shot but I'm thinking he'll delay it possibly all the way to Stockholm Open or even next season. Then when he comes back I wouldn't be surprised if he's superstrong physically and more prepared than ever. I think he'll shock everyone because he's a known training fanatic and being able to have a "off-season" this long could turn out to be really good for the next 1-2 seasons.
He didlook pretty fit in those recent fishing shots ;).

Ad Wim
08-10-2012, 08:42 AM
I hope he doesn't rush things, but I do hope he will come back this season. Just to play some matches, test himself to know where he stands. Like Potro did at the end of 2010.
Next season is almost half a year away, that is loooooong.

FlameOn
08-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means a lot to me. I will try to be back on the match court as soon as I can.

About as definitive a statement as he could give at this stage :yeah:.

AgnRus
08-16-2012, 04:18 AM
He gives similar statements from the beginning of the disease, nothing new.

To be honest, I don't like the fact that his physio Ali is now working with Daniela Hantuchova in Cincinnati(probably Ali was invited by Pistolesi) I like Daniela, but this does mean that Robin is still far from returning to the court.

FlameOn
08-16-2012, 01:04 PM
True, he has said this before. But in the past people wondered if he was giving up, it's good to hear once in a while that he's still battling on :).

MaxPower
08-17-2012, 04:19 PM
If he'd given up the season I'm sure he would just say "I'm gonna try to be back 2013" just to end all the speculation and get media/fans off his back. So to me this shows he still aims for a comeback this season. I think Stockholm Open makes a lot of sense for many reasons.

1) Best preparation possible. He could practice on centre court weeks ahead if he wants to. The organizers gonna favor him because of being swedish and his big importance for the tournament. Ryderstedt or some other good practice buddy he knows will no doubt get a WC and can match practice with Robin any time he wants.

2) Knows the tournament director personally. Robin probably still feels bad about missing last year. Both ticket sales and overall interest in the tournament hangs a lot on him. But he will ofc also get anything he asks for in terms of facilities etc.

3) It's not that much left of the season. His protected ranking will still be enough for Brisbane, AO, Rotterdam, Marseilles where he did so great the past seasons. Even if he fails in 2012 he doesn't risk much for 2013.

4) Probably a little used to the father role by then as the child is expected in september. Doubt he goes all Bryan Bro crazy about it and brings the baby everywhere but you never know with these things.

5). It's the indoor part of the season so he doesn't risk "embarrassing" himself by getting routined or even bageled/breadsticked. His serve alone will keep sets close even in losses. He can also keep rallies short and get some confidence rolling for next year

6) Gets a chance to see how his body measures up playing daily and pushing himself. If he gets a reaction he can make a better call about 2013 or even call it career and not wasting time preparing an entire off-season

sunzhewyq
08-18-2012, 04:50 AM
All in all, it looks Stockholm Open is the best choice...;)

FlameOn
08-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Maybe he should start with doubles. Obviously their situations aren't the same but that's what Sharapova started with her return from shoulder surgery.

MaxPower
08-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Maybe. Have no doubt he would make an amazing doubles player if he went for it. His serves, returns and overall shotmaking has always been the strongpoints. Never been a good mover or defender and his volley is underrated. Good match for the doubles tour.

I'm sure Robin still got all focus on singles however. Making it back into top20 won't be easy. I agree 100% with a swedish expert that said: "If Robin want's to do a relevant comeback he got to do it early 2013 at the latest. After that it's pretty much over. I don't think Soderling is the type of guy that would be ok with playing challengers (or even futures). I definitely don't want to see Soderling doing a Borg and attempt a comeback at 32-33 somewhere.

Either end of this season, early next season, or never imo

FlameOn
08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Oh Maria didn't keep playing doubles, she just played her first match back as a doubles to test the waters.

Agree on the rest though. Robin's gotta do it while he's still young :).

MaxPower
09-02-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm less concerned with the age, this time off means his wrist and foot injury from 2011 are fully healed. I'm more concerned if Robin can find the same commitment to tennis he once had. He was like a maniac spending so much time in the gym and on the practice courts.

Every month that goes by he gets further away from that life and further into a new life outside of tennis. In WTA it worked for stars to do comebacks at 75-80% commitment but ATP is much more competitive. It has to be 100% or the comeback will fail

MaxPower
09-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Just saw that he's with his coach again. Good sign! I hope!

superganon
09-16-2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/soderling-allt-friskare_sto3425688/story.shtml

FlameOn
09-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Great news! :bigclap:

AZ-12
09-16-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm so happy for at least somewhat good news although I realize it might be a long way to go still for Robin. But because I'm happy (and the article was really short ) I will translate the text from eurosport for those that doesn't read swedish. Here it is:

Robin Soderling is approaching a comeback. The former world number four has not played a match in more than one year. "Hi is improving" says the swedish DC-Captain Thomas Enqvist. Enqvist continously speaks with Soderling, and has been given positive signs from the Swedish star. The Davic Cup Captain says that possibly Soderling will make a comeback after new year. "He is improving. It is hard for him to give s time schedule, but I hope and believe that the next season will be a full one" says Enqvist. Due to mononucleosis Soderling has not played a match since the previous summer.

AgnRus
09-16-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't understand why the Enquist's words have caused all this excitement. He just hopes. Another good sign? seriously?

By the way, his words from an article (sverigesradio.se, January 2012 !!!):

– Jag pratar med Robin ganska så ofta, det som är svårt med det här är att ge någon tidsplan. Det är på bättringsvägen och han mår mycket bättre, men jag kan inte säga om han kan spela om en månad eller om det tar två veckor, tillägger Enqvist.

sunzhewyq
09-17-2012, 04:58 AM
This kind of news has been published again and again during the whole period. Unless Robin gives us a certain answer, it makes no sense.

superganon
09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
the thing with soderling is that his morale and will is much more higher then for example the clown andy roddick. just 2 years diffrence but still soderling really wants to come back more then anything. i had before hoped he would return before 2012 season ended but to aim for AO and have more tennis training from october and forward sounds more realistic. soon he will also be a father so a 2012 comeback is maybe not the best. from my tennis friends in sweden they have said that robin is training at the gym every week and is not on the lazy side. i mean just look at his pics and u know he aint just simply giving up all training.

soderling is a warrior that will not give up so easily. he will return so get ready for a not so distant comeback :D

sunzhewyq
09-18-2012, 06:14 PM
from my tennis friends in sweden they have said that robin is training at the gym every week and is not on the lazy side.

:D

MaxPower
09-25-2012, 08:46 PM
That quote from Enqvist just sounds like some general answer he'd give a journalist pressuring for info.

But yeah Sod looks in shape and has at least talked to his coach recently. Personally I hope he gives Stockholm Open a chance and gets on court and do some practice with the swedish wildcards even if he doesn't enter the tournament. That should give him some answers and hopefully give us an official statement from Robin himself after that.

minh
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I miss him so much, guys :sad:

FlameOn
10-03-2012, 01:36 AM
:sad:

Is the baby born yet? A tiny overdue if not.

MaxPower
10-03-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm no expert but I know for women expecting their first child, like in this case, it's a bit more common that it goes overdue.

Ad Wim
10-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Well, Enqvist is pretty close to the heat, so that he is positive looks like a good sign to me.

sunzhewyq
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
any news about the baby?

Ausie
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Robin Söderling ‏@RSoderling
This morning me and @jennimostrom became parents to a beautiful little girl. We are all feeling great and are extremely happy.

DanaKz
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I am so happy for them! All three of them!!!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbqmjumuEk1qag5pi.gif

AgnRus
10-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Congratulations !!!!!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

FlameOn
10-12-2012, 01:58 PM
:aparty: It's about time. Congrats to Robin and Jenni! :cheerleader:. Some things, like the birth of a child are more important than tennis :cool:.

sunzhewyq
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!

MaxPower
10-15-2012, 05:28 AM
Big Congratulations! Very happy for them.

Hope Robin can make a statement about his future next week. Closing in on Stockholm Open again. That calls for an update from the man himself!

minh
10-15-2012, 09:27 AM
WOW!!! Congratulation :bounce:

AgnRus
10-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Robin is able to hide himself from the media or say many words that he is better (and better,and better....):lol:

I don't think he's going to give a press conference in Stockholm :shrug:

MaxPower
10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Robin is able to hide himself from the media or say many words that he is better (and better,and better....):lol:

I don't think he's going to give a press conference in Stockholm :shrug:

Yes Robin got a black belt in media hiding but once the last swedish wildcard losses probably very early then everyone will ask: "What's up with Robin, comeback or no comeback?"

and tbh he hasn't really come with a big official statement since he announced they were becoming parents and even then it was "better and better"

I hope the plan is to aim for 2013. Fresh season and one of his best parts coming up there with some nice indoor HC tournaments both before and after AO. With the baby screaming all night maybe he will miss the tour again :)

sunzhewyq
10-16-2012, 02:04 PM
No photo about Robin's little girl?? i saw Jenni's twitter that they had come home already...

minh
10-16-2012, 02:10 PM
There are not many tours left in this year so i think he may plan to come back next year. I won't expect he will win a lot of titles as long as i see him playing on tennis court healthily with the completely recovered injury. That's enough for me, i do miss him so much :sad:

FlameOn
10-17-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm starting to wonder if he will come back in 2013 or at all :tears:.

FlameOn
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
OK sorry to be so negative, I just miss him so much. His strokes have so much power and beauty :). I love his crosscourt forehand that he can hit with so much angle particularly.

Gotta keep the faith :cheerleader:.

AgnRus
10-17-2012, 01:04 PM
OK sorry to be so negative, I just miss him so much. His strokes have so much power and beauty :). I love his crosscourt forehand that he can hit with so much angle particularly.

Gotta keep the faith :cheerleader:.

:hug:

he'll be back :)

MaxPower
10-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Can see on Robin's twitter he's watching the SVT broadcast from Stockholm Open! Rosen defeated Monfils! amazing! That surely made Robin happy. Sadly Gunnarsson is SVTs expert commentator. That surely made Robin angry :p

but just the fact he's watching and commentating tennis tells me he's closer to play himself too! So yes keep the faith

sunzhewyq
10-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I just found this on Twitter...it looks like a new interview..
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Que-devient-soderling/320242

Sorry i don't know French...So i used the google translate.

"My health is progressing. At a snail's pace, but it progresses. Some days I can make long jogging at a steady pace, other days I find it hard to leave my couch. This is what makes everything complicated schedule fixed recovery. But I do not rush things: hindsight, I probably wanted to push my body too. I have always been hard to harm, not to listen when I say stop, and this may be why I get so slowly today. I learned patience. "

So...Robin has resumed training gently???right???

MaxPower
10-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Notice the logos on Rosenholms clothes. Sponsored maybe :)

http://www.ifstockholmopen.se/~/media/Images/News/SthlmOpen/20121016-225516-0106.ashx

sunzhewyq
10-17-2012, 02:03 PM

and his wrist protectors are also from RS...furthermore..with Robin's autograph on them...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4NG-9jCIAAN0sX.jpg

MaxPower
10-17-2012, 02:11 PM
and his wrist protectors are also from RS...furthermore..with Robin's autograph on them...

very cool. Seems like the Robin autograph makes your forehand about 300% better. Need to get more of those out :worship:

Rosenholm goes up against Youzhny later today. Hope Robin's friend takes down another former top10 player!

AgnRus
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I just found this on Twitter...it looks like a new interview..
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Que-devient-soderling/320242

Sorry i don't know French...So i used the google translate.

So...Robin has resumed training gently???right???

This is an old Robin's quotes (from press conference on february 2012)! I have no idea why it's reprinted :shrug:

sunzhewyq
10-17-2012, 02:28 PM
This is an old Robin's quotes (from press conference on february 2012)! I have no idea why it's reprinted :shrug:

Well。。。。。。。。:sad:

AgnRus
10-17-2012, 02:28 PM

maybe just a present from mate :)

once Robin gave Christian Lindell pile of clothes (Christian said this in an interview), but no one noticed it because it was Lotto :)

sunzhewyq
10-17-2012, 02:35 PM
very cool. Seems like the Robin autograph makes your forehand about 300% better. Need to get more of those out :worship:

Rosenholm goes up against Youzhny later today. Hope Robin's friend takes down another former top10 player!

haha...but it looks he wears the autograph on his left hand .....and he is a right-hand player with single-backhand.....

i haven't seen Patrik's tennis match, anyway, hope he can make another amazing result...:)

AgnRus
10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5axY_JCIAIR_A3.jpg

:awww::awww::awww:

sunzhewyq
10-17-2012, 03:33 PM
:awww::awww::awww:

ummm...what do you mean?:confused:.....not so beautiful??? just a baby...

AgnRus
10-17-2012, 03:40 PM
ummm...what do you mean?:confused:.....not so beautiful??? just a baby...

no :)she is very cute :angel:

:awww: - this smile means :

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aww

aww (with as many extra 'w's as needed for emphasis)

An exclamation of pity.

Aww, that's so sad, he hasn't yet learned to ride a bike

An exclamation of appreciation for cuteness or sweetness.

Aww, look at the kitten curled up in her lap!

;)

sunzhewyq
10-17-2012, 03:46 PM
no :)she is very cute :angel:

:awww: - this smile means :

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aww

aww (with as many extra 'w's as needed for emphasis)

An exclamation of pity.

Aww, that's so sad, he hasn't yet learned to ride a bike

An exclamation of appreciation for cuteness or sweetness.

Aww, look at the kitten curled up in her lap!

;)

aha...copy that...:awww::awww::awww:

MaxPower
10-17-2012, 05:37 PM
cute baby girl and a happy Soderling with his coach. Good!

Wouldn't be surprised if Robin himself has practiced some with Rosenholm lately. He seems to be in Stockholm so...

Also Ryderstedt has retired now I'm afraid. If Robin makes comeback for 2013 it will likely be him and Rosenholm playing DC for Sweden. That would be fun.

FlameOn
10-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Super photo! :inlove:

Jomp1
10-18-2012, 09:05 AM
cute baby girl and a happy Soderling with his coach. Good!

Wouldn't be surprised if Robin himself has practiced some with Rosenholm lately. He seems to be in Stockholm so...

Also Ryderstedt has retired now I'm afraid. If Robin makes comeback for 2013 it will likely be him and Rosenholm playing DC for Sweden. That would be fun.

I don't see Robin playing DC in the foreseeable future even if he's back on tour. When(if) we have a couple of other guys approaching top100 and he's still active, then I could see it.

BTW, press conference in Sthlm Open today at 16:00 CET, according to sources the press release to media adressed it as "positive player news". We'll see.

AgnRus
10-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't see Robin playing DC in the foreseeable future even if he's back on tour. When(if) we have a couple of other guys approaching top100 and he's still active, then I could see it.

+1

BTW, press conference in Sthlm Open today at 16:00 CET, according to sources the press release to media adressed it as "positive player news". We'll see.

it sounds intriguing
:secret:

FlameOn
10-18-2012, 09:24 AM
If it turns out to be not about Robin then I'll be ticked off :lol:.

BTW, what was the deal with Pim Pim. He was retired but then he came back a while ago to play DC, and he did pretty well if I remember right...I guess he is completely retired and coming back for DC was just for fun, or?...

AgnRus
10-18-2012, 09:29 AM
BTW, what was the deal with Pim Pim. He was retired but then he came back a while ago to play DC, and he did pretty well if I remember right...I guess he is completely retired and coming back for DC was just for fun, or?...

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=178989

Jomp1
10-18-2012, 09:31 AM
If it turns out to be not about Robin then I'll be ticked off :lol:.

He magically got an epiphany during a futures tournament, and just so happened to have a Swedish journalist there to make a big piece on his retirement.. Some nice last little attention there.

MaxPower
10-18-2012, 11:34 AM

yeah from a career perspective not useful but knowing Robin he'd want to even if it was only him and crap players. Lindstedt for doubles is good though.

Robin has always loved DC, World Team Cup (now cancelled) and the Swedish tournaments Båstad and Stockholm. I think it's great.

Hope it happens to be Söderling related. Know he's around and I've expected him to do some kind of press release this week :) But yeah we'll see

MaxPower
10-18-2012, 11:42 AM
T.Johansson says it's happy news on twitter! Now i got really excited.

because you see T.Johansson rarely says anything is happy news unless it's really happy news :D

_Chaz
10-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Bjorkman also tweeting:

We will announce two great news for 2013 at our press conference at four a clock onsite during If Sthlm Open. #IfSthlmOpen

https://twitter.com/BjorkmanTennis/status/258897591629144067

FlameOn
10-18-2012, 01:46 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=178989
Cheers. Handsome pics in that thread too BTW ;).

AgnRus
10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
T.Johansson says it's happy news on twitter! Now i got really excited.

because you see T.Johansson rarely says anything is happy news unless it's really happy news :D

2 news :

1.H & M enters as a major sponsor of both the Stockholm Open and the Swedish Open the next 3 years.
2.Serena will play in Swedish Open 2013

that's all
:lol::lol::lol:

MaxPower
10-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah when Bjorkman said two great news I had a feeling one of them was sponsor related but Serena to Båstad? WHO THE HELL CARES. It's 2013 Båstad in July.

Why did they even hold a press conference for such un-interesting news? Oh well

AgnRus
10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
my dear friends,no offense, but what news you've been waiting today?
everyone understands that Robin will not play in 2012. even if he is going to start at the beginning of 2013 (doubtfully, especially about the Australian Open), which announcement Robin can give now, 2-3 months before ? it makes no sense.

I bet, if (when) he decides to play, we will hear about it from the news that Soderling got wild card.

AgnRus
10-18-2012, 06:44 PM
A few words from Nina Wennerström (yes, she is again the Robin's agent).not so optimistic as I expected.

– Det är lite bättre, han mår bättre och han har börjat slå på bollen men det är en bra bit kvar innan han är inte redo att spela ute på turneringar och vara på 100 procent.

Kan man slå fast att han kommer komma tilbaka?

– Det siktar han på till 100 procent, men kan aldrig veta någonting, så är livet. Det vore otroligt tråkigt om han inte kunde det, men där är vi inte nu.

FlameOn
10-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Serena coming to the tourney next year will at least be interesting for some spectators :shrug:. Too bad it wasn't about Robin though :sobbing:.

MaxPower
10-19-2012, 12:20 PM
A few words from Nina Wennerström (yes, she is again the Robin's agent).not so optimistic as I expected.

– Det är lite bättre, han mår bättre och han har börjat slå på bollen men det är en bra bit kvar innan han är inte redo att spela ute på turneringar och vara på 100 procent.

Kan man slå fast att han kommer komma tilbaka?

– Det siktar han på till 100 procent, men kan aldrig veta någonting, så är livet. Det vore otroligt tråkigt om han inte kunde det, men där är vi inte nu.

Sounds good to me. Confirms there are no retirement plans as for now and that he is "hitting the ball" which I take as he's started practicing again. We also know that Fidde is around (hopefully helping with that practice)

Long way to go to 100% yes but when he's at least out there and with his coach the comeback feels more than just a pipe-dream. Now it feels like he's doing real progress and that we might see him take a WC soon, for example to a 250 like Brisbane to see if he measures up good enough to even give AO a shot. Still 3 months

superganon
10-19-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.svt.se/sport/robin-brinner-for-att-komma-tillbaka

interview with robins coach fredrik rosengren. theres some video issues in this clip but it its watch able.

for u non swedes he says he is not currently robins coch since robin aint playing. about robins health he says robin is 100% into a comback and that robin has started training and with a little bit more intensity to it. tho its like 1h 4 days a week its still a progress.

he mention that its still hard to tell when robin will be back but if theres somone on the tour that is stubborn its Robin says Fidde.

AgnRus
10-19-2012, 02:38 PM
So Fidde is more optimistic. :) Thanks for posting,superganon!:smooch:

I hope Fidde will back as coach for Robin. I really like him!

AgnRus
10-24-2012, 07:51 PM
probably the name of the little princess is Olivia :)

Nidhogg
10-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Great news about the baby and that Robin is still fighting to get back. I won't hold my breath for him returning to the top 10 or anything. It would just be nice to see him play again.

One particular thing I'd like to see if he regains some form is for him to win Stockholm. I'm sure that's one of his own goals too.

Ad Wim
11-09-2012, 09:07 AM
No news? What's happening?
He should know by now if he comeback for AO 2013 is makeable...

sunzhewyq
11-11-2012, 06:52 AM
Robin followed Obama on Twitter...;)

superganon
11-12-2012, 12:23 AM
heres the latest article from swedish press (i think) its 5 days old and tells pretty much the same story as before....but it feels like tension is building up for a 2013 return. this dosent mean he will be in AO tho. it just says "a possible comeback in 2013".
So when or how he will return is still in jepordy. and as always....his agent says he feels "better and better"....hope he himself can make some kind of statement about 2013

http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis/soderlings-tuffa-resa---hoppas-spela-nasta-ar/

AgnRus
11-12-2012, 04:07 AM
this dosent mean he will be in AO tho. it just says "a possible comeback in 2013".

true. I think there is no chance for the AO. having problems with the physical form and endurance, to play 5-setters under the sun - this is madness.worst conditions for the comeback.

AgnRus
11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
2013 – ödesår för Söderling

http://gfx2.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/15771089/485/normal/2d1ddcc9a2d26/SODERSCAN.jpg

Bit för bit gör Robin Söderling framsteg.

Frågan är bara om det är tillräckligt snabbt för att tenniskarriären ska kunna återupptas?

– Blir det comeback så ska det vara under 2013. Annars har det ju gått mer än två år, säger han i en exklusiv intervju med TT.

Rent fysiskt skulle ingen tro att det finns några problem. Robin Söderling ser ungefär lika vältränad ut som när han tillhörde världstoppen.

Problemet är inte synligt men har ändå blivit påtagligt.

Snart 1,5 år har nu gått sedan han senast spelade på ATP-touren. Sedan kom bakslaget, körtelfebern och ett uppehåll som nu sträckt sig på obestämd tid. Intervjun med TT är en av få som han valt att göra under den här perioden.

TT: Du har ännu inte tagit något avgörande beslut kring din karriär?

– Nej. Däremot känner jag att ju längre tiden går så måste jag veta för ovissheten är inte så rolig. Blir det inte comeback under 2013...då vet jag inte vad. Då kan jag sikta in mig på veterantouren. Då känner jag att det blir tufft att komma tillbaka.

Söderling säger det ändå med ett leende. Under frånvaron har han lärt sig att inte ta något för givet.

– Den som är mest frustrerad är jag själv. Jag gör allt jag kan för att komma tillbaka.
Tog prover

Under två månader i somras var han hos specialistläkare i San Francisco, "de tog prover så att jag såg ut som en nåldyna", och man hittade bland annat obalans i sköldkörteln. Inget riktigt svar har dock kunnat ges varför han fortfarande under perioder känner av mattheten.

– I början hade jag symptom av körtelfebern, "pingisbollar" i halsen och feber, men det gick över. Nu är det bara mattheten. Det är som den aldrig ger med sig.

Vad är din status nu?

– Skillnaden är att jag tål mera träning. Hade du frågat mig för två-tre veckor sedan hade jag varit riktigt positiv. Då kunde jag spela varannan dag men sedan blev jag förkyld. Hela tiden måste man också känna efter. En dag kan man köra 30 minuter, sedan nästa dag är det för mycket. Det är skitjobbigt.

Känner du dig stressad?

– Nja, i början när man vilade tre dagar tyckte man det var mycket. Nu har jag släppt det. Däremot frustrationen och maktlösheten, den är riktigt irriterande.

Vem har du talat med?

– Jag har pratat lite med en idrottspsykolog. Situationen har varit frustrerande men ändå inte sjukt jobbigt. Jag kan bara acceptera det. Det gör man inte på en dag men med tiden har jag lärt mig.
Nybliven pappa

Trots allt som skett är Söderling positiv, han är nybliven pappa, säger själv att han nu har en god känsla:

– Visst, det finns dagar då jag tänker "varför skulle det här hända?" Men det finns inte så mycket att göra. Förut fanns inte alternativet jag inte skulle komma tillbaka. Men om jag inte gör det, då får det vara så – tyvärr.

Vad är målet, komma tillbaka till toppen eller bara se om går det att återuppta karriären?

– Både och. Sedan får jag börja med det sistnämnda. Det känns ändå som det finns där.

– Sedan vore det roligt om jag fick sluta på egna villkor.

http://gfx.svd-cdn.se/multimedia/dynamic/00983/robin_983180c.jpg

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article15771081.ab (http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article15771081.ab?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

so .... 2013 or never

superganon
11-13-2012, 07:59 PM
2013 – ödesår för Söderling

http://gfx2.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/15771089/485/normal/2d1ddcc9a2d26/SODERSCAN.jpg

Bit för bit gör Robin Söderling framsteg.

Frågan är bara om det är tillräckligt snabbt för att tenniskarriären ska kunna återupptas?

– Blir det comeback så ska det vara under 2013. Annars har det ju gått mer än två år, säger han i en exklusiv intervju med TT.

Rent fysiskt skulle ingen tro att det finns några problem. Robin Söderling ser ungefär lika vältränad ut som när han tillhörde världstoppen.

Problemet är inte synligt men har ändå blivit påtagligt.

Snart 1,5 år har nu gått sedan han senast spelade på ATP-touren. Sedan kom bakslaget, körtelfebern och ett uppehåll som nu sträckt sig på obestämd tid. Intervjun med TT är en av få som han valt att göra under den här perioden.

TT: Du har ännu inte tagit något avgörande beslut kring din karriär?

– Nej. Däremot känner jag att ju längre tiden går så måste jag veta för ovissheten är inte så rolig. Blir det inte comeback under 2013...då vet jag inte vad. Då kan jag sikta in mig på veterantouren. Då känner jag att det blir tufft att komma tillbaka.

Söderling säger det ändå med ett leende. Under frånvaron har han lärt sig att inte ta något för givet.

– Den som är mest frustrerad är jag själv. Jag gör allt jag kan för att komma tillbaka.
Tog prover

Under två månader i somras var han hos specialistläkare i San Francisco, "de tog prover så att jag såg ut som en nåldyna", och man hittade bland annat obalans i sköldkörteln. Inget riktigt svar har dock kunnat ges varför han fortfarande under perioder känner av mattheten.

– I början hade jag symptom av körtelfebern, "pingisbollar" i halsen och feber, men det gick över. Nu är det bara mattheten. Det är som den aldrig ger med sig.

Vad är din status nu?

– Skillnaden är att jag tål mera träning. Hade du frågat mig för två-tre veckor sedan hade jag varit riktigt positiv. Då kunde jag spela varannan dag men sedan blev jag förkyld. Hela tiden måste man också känna efter. En dag kan man köra 30 minuter, sedan nästa dag är det för mycket. Det är skitjobbigt.

Känner du dig stressad?

– Nja, i början när man vilade tre dagar tyckte man det var mycket. Nu har jag släppt det. Däremot frustrationen och maktlösheten, den är riktigt irriterande.

Vem har du talat med?

– Jag har pratat lite med en idrottspsykolog. Situationen har varit frustrerande men ändå inte sjukt jobbigt. Jag kan bara acceptera det. Det gör man inte på en dag men med tiden har jag lärt mig.
Nybliven pappa

Trots allt som skett är Söderling positiv, han är nybliven pappa, säger själv att han nu har en god känsla:

– Visst, det finns dagar då jag tänker "varför skulle det här hända?" Men det finns inte så mycket att göra. Förut fanns inte alternativet jag inte skulle komma tillbaka. Men om jag inte gör det, då får det vara så – tyvärr.

Vad är målet, komma tillbaka till toppen eller bara se om går det att återuppta karriären?

– Både och. Sedan får jag börja med det sistnämnda. Det känns ändå som det finns där.

– Sedan vore det roligt om jag fick sluta på egna villkor.

http://gfx.svd-cdn.se/multimedia/dynamic/00983/robin_983180c.jpg

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article15771081.ab (http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article15771081.ab?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

so .... 2013 or never

so pretty positive news in my mind. he is pushing for a return in the near future. it glads me that he can do more intense training now. if he returns it will be bombastic! will be funny if he faces top 4 in 1 round or so xD he is 28 years old and im glad if he can make a return before he's 30. i mean if ferrer and federer and post 28 year olds can make themselfs in top 10, 20-i feel robin wont be pushed by the clock. its almost 1 month to 2013 and i belive we will get more info soon since he makes more statments, hints and speculations for a 2013 return. can it please be 2013 now!?!?!?!

FlameOn
11-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Det är skitjobbigt = It's tough shit according to google translate :sobbing::lol:.

MaxPower
11-14-2012, 06:15 AM
hmm well I think it's natural to get a cold after starting to practice harder again. Hopefully it goes away fast so he can pick up where he left off.

It's good to hear that Robin agrees with the tennis experts. It's either 2013 or bust. I still hope he can be there at the start of the season but worried about the things he implies about his fatigue sympthoms still coming back every now and then.

I mean if the body can't fix something in 1,5 years it's not gonna fix it in 2 years. Then his only hope is that it can be medicated somehow and that whatever he needs is either allowed under the doping rules or that he can get exception for it. Otherwise he must face reality and retire.

Loved his answer on the last question. He still got ambition to make a "real" comeback and also implies that he want to "quit on his own terms"

swedes_rule
11-14-2012, 08:11 AM
i keep hoping for a comeback in january in australia but i think im just dreaming now :(

Ad Wim
11-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Sounds good. Let's hope his little setback is only temporary.

FlameOn
11-15-2012, 08:10 AM
I agree with those who say the Australian heat might be not be the ideal start. There are heaps of indoors tournaments immediately after including Montpellier, Zagreb, and Rotterdam later on that he could aim for :D, but earliest season start possible would be ideal :).

I swear, if he returns I'll stay up or get up to watch his first matches no matter what time :D.

MaxPower
11-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Alarming news:

Rosengren takes over as new Swedish DC captain. This means he will no longer continue as Soderling's coach.

-We talked about it this week.

What speaks for him coming back at all?

- You have to take that with him. He started off well and had good quality on the training, but right now he got a heavy cold.

for full story translate: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article15817201.ab

Ad Wim
12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
He is not in the EL for the AO. Expected of course, but now it's confirmed.
I really hope he comes back during the indoor season coming February. Anyone knows/thinks if that is at all possible?

MaxPower
12-13-2012, 12:06 PM
He is not in the EL for the AO. Expected of course, but now it's confirmed.
I really hope he comes back during the indoor season coming February. Anyone knows/thinks if that is at all possible?

I hope so to but i'm concerned about his comeback after Rosengren left. I previously thought they had all those meetings plan the schedule for the comeback but no. With no coach pushing him to comeback, a new family life I don't know anymore if he got the fire to push himself and "go out on tour" again.

Still that he doesn't go to Australia was 100% expected. He's in a unranked state now and if he wants to play he must activate ranking protection (if he even can) or ask for wildcard. That would be stupid if he had no intention to go there. So not being on the list was indeed expected, but if he also quits on the european indoor circuit, probably his best part of the season, then I'm thinking it's over.

Ausie
12-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I hope so to but i'm concerned about his comeback after Rosengren left. I previously thought they had all those meetings plan the schedule for the comeback but no. With no coach pushing him to comeback, a new family life I don't know anymore if he got the fire to push himself and "go out on tour" again.

Still that he doesn't go to Australia was 100% expected. He's in a unranked state now and if he wants to play he must activate ranking protection (if he even can) or ask for wildcard. That would be stupid if he had no intention to go there. So not being on the list was indeed expected, but if he also quits on the european indoor circuit, probably his best part of the season, then I'm thinking it's over.At this year's Australian Open, it will be very hot, in the first month of summer in Australia 35 regular, expected in January, the hottest weather since 2009. Plus, if Robin was going to play at the Australian Open, he would be used a protected ranking, wild card it is unlikely he will receive, Australia gave three wild cards, France, the US and Asia, and they rarely give other players a wild card, but if Robin asks, they can give him a wild card, but for Robin if he is ready, it's best to come back in February in a tournament in Marseille, Rotterdam and Dubai.

sunzhewyq
01-02-2013, 01:17 AM
Happy New Year, my friends.

FlameOn
01-02-2013, 07:38 AM
You too. HNY everyone =)

MaxPower
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
happy new year! let's hope for a comeback in February!

Ad Wim
01-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Any more news? It's been quiet for a while now...

FlameOn
01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Nope, looks like no news.

sunzhewyq
01-10-2013, 02:32 AM
At the Net: Is Robin Soderling ever coming back?

Posted on Thursday, 11.15.12
BY SCOTT RILEY, SPORTS NETWORK
THE SPORTS NETWORK
Have you noticed anyone missing from the Top 10 over the last year and a half?

In case you haven't, then I'll have to refresh your memory.

Swedish star Robin Soderling hasn't competed on the ATP World Tour since July of last year. That's 16 months already and the 2013 season doesn't start for another two months (give or take).

The 28-year-old landed on the sidelines in the summer of last year after being diagnosed with mononucleosis.

But since when does mono (a.k.a. the "kissing disease") keep you out of action for a year and a half?!

In all fairness to Soderling, injuries have also played a role in his lengthy absence.

Just this week, Soderling said if he does return to competitive tennis next year that it might be in the form of exhibition events for veterans??

"The final decision on my career has yet to peak," he said. "If I get back in 2013, then I do not know ... I guess I just stayed veteran circuit. Already would probably be too heavy to get back.

"I'm frustrated because I'm doing what I can. If you would have asked me before two-three weeks ago, I would have been really positive. Could I play basically every day, but then I catch cold. Sometimes I go full half an hour, the next day it's too much. Hard to deal with it. Impotency is upsetting. I also consulted with sports psychologists, situation is irritating, but not to drive you crazy. Gradually, I realized that I only accept state. Nothing is certain."

The English isn't perfect, but I think you get the point.

He's frustrated.

Robin Bo Carl Soderling reached as high as No. 4 in the world in November of 2010, thanks in part on reaching back-to-back French Open finals in 2009 and 2010, only to lose to two of the greatest tennis players of all-time, in Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, respectively. Soderling did, however, stun the top seed and defending champion in both of those events, as he shocked Nadal at Roland Garros in 2009 and Federer there in 2010. The big-hitting Swede became the first, and still only, player to beat Nadal at the French, where the mighty Spaniard is an amazing 52-1 all-time. And when Soderling vanquished Federer in Paris in 2010, it halted Federer's seemingly unstoppable Grand Slam semifinal streak at 23. Those results would have to qualify as two of the most-impressive wins in recent Grand Slam history, and the one against the clay-court Goliath that is Nadal was considered, at the time, the biggest upset in the history of major men's tennis.

Soderling landed in the U.S. Open quarterfinals in 2009 and 2010; a Wimbledon quarterfinal in '10; and was a semifinalist at the prestigious ATP World Tour Finals in 2009. I'd say he's pretty good.

The 28-year-old Tibro native posted back-to-back year-end Top-10 finishes in '09 and '10 and had been a mainstay in the Top 20 since 2008. But he's currently unranked due to his inactivity, or having not competed on the circuit for 12 months.

The 6-foot-4 slugger, who excels on indoor surfaces, has appeared in 20 career ATP finals, including 10 titles, with four of the championships coming last winter and spring, before he was mysteriously derailed. He tallied a whopping six titles in a one-year span from 2010-11, including a big win at the indoor Paris Masters event in 2010.

Note: Seven of his 10 career titles have come indoors. Can you say specialist?

In the interim, an idle Soderling became a father, as his wife, Jenni Mostrom, a model who reportedly played golf in college, gave birth to a baby girl, Olivia, just last month.

Soderling was never quite on track to join the Swedish pantheon of tennis greats -- Bjorn Borg, Mats Wilander and Stefan Edberg -- but, at the very least, he was on track to becoming a perennial Top-10er and, perhaps, a potential Grand Slam champ. Heck, even Thomas Johansson, who was not of the same caliber as Soderling, snuck out a Grand Slam win in Australia in 2002, the in-between period when the Pete Sampras' and Andre Agassis were preparing to relinquish their power to the Roger Federers and Rafael Nadals of the world.

And if Soderling doesn't make it back, he can still fall back on his more than $10 million in career prize money.

Is he actually coming back?

I surely don't know.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/15/3098780/at-the-net-is-robin-soderling.html
Not a new one, just a translation for the former swedish version, i think...

swedes_rule
01-10-2013, 02:53 AM
I honestly don't think he'll be back. I wish it wasn't true but I really can't see it happening :( I spoke to the tillstrom family in Brisbane a lot last week and they seemed to be of the same opinion. It's such a shame :(

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

FlameOn
01-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Also no tweets for a week :sad:.

AgnRus
01-10-2013, 03:19 AM
I honestly don't think he'll be back. I wish it wasn't true but I really can't see it happening :( I spoke to the tillstrom family in Brisbane a lot last week and they seemed to be of the same opinion. It's such a shame :(

oh.:(

FlameOn
01-10-2013, 04:43 AM
I don't buy that he won't come back. Robin has been saying all along he hopes for a 2013 return, so I'll continue to hope. He wouldn't give his fans false hope by saying that unless he was confident in a return.

AgnRus
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/exklusivt-soderling-om-ovissheten-det-har-varit-sjukt-jobbigt_sto3564820/story.shtml

Guys, please translate.:help:

From what I understand, Robin is still far from full training :(

And of course, we can forget about any tournaments with him in February-March, this is impossible. :(

superganon
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/exklusivt-soderling-om-ovissheten-det-har-varit-sjukt-jobbigt_sto3564820/story.shtml

Guys, please translate.:help:

From what I understand, Robin is still far from full training :(

And of course, we can forget about any tournaments with him in February-March, this is impossible. :(

ye he still aint fit for tournaments. he plays tennis once or twice a week. says that the mono is a pain in the ass since for other illness/injurys u most likley have a time limit when the doctor can tell u when u will be ready for training. also they talk about that robin has several times been on the edge of his fitness. he has trained so hard, maybe to hard too achive his sucess and its a real backlash that this illness came at that point of his career. also says he hasent watch so much tennis due to that he feel somewhat discomfort watching the others play and thinking "i should be there".

what intrests me is that Fidde rosengren left him as coach this fall and there were no coments on that issue. honestly, if he aint coming back until swedish open this summer in bastad i think he will throw in the towel and retire.

J99
01-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Hard to believe he's still out.:(

AgnRus
01-11-2013, 03:09 AM
he plays tennis once or twice a week.
oh my god:facepalm:

what intrests me is that Fidde rosengren left him as coach this fall and there were no coments on that issue. honestly, if he aint coming back until swedish open this summer in bastad i think he will throw in the towel and retire.

I honestly don't think that Robin needs a coach at this stage.
and I still think his last chance is Stockholm Open.

thanks for the translation!

AgnRus
01-11-2013, 03:34 PM
the second part of the interview:

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/australian-open/2013/robin-soderling-exklusivt-fick-ingen-rytm-mot-federer_sto3565728/story.shtml

part 3 :

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/tv-soderling-om-svenska-atervaxten-maste-trana-mot-battre-spelare_sto3566874/story.shtml

part 4:

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/australian-open/2012/tv-soderling-darfor-har-jag-aldrig-spelat-bra-i-australien_sto3567003/story.shtml

MaxPower
01-15-2013, 08:35 PM
that was a good interview. Nice to see Enqvist around too. Robin looks alright but if he's still not able to train 100% for comeback after 16 months I think it's time to pull the plug soon.

2013 is the final year. If he can't make a comeback he should stop torturing himself and go for a civilian career. Ancic studied to lawyer when mono began to derail his tennis career. That's still what gives me most faith about Robin. He seems to put all focus on comeback and hasn't started another career. It might be stupid but it shows he's still deadly serious about a real comeback, but yeah like everyone else I'm doubting if he'd ever get healthy enough again.

Things the body can't heal in 16 months why would 20 or 25 months or even 30 months make any difference? Mono is a virus. It's never gonna be cured. If he can't play with the virus and if there is no medicine that can suppress the sympthoms (like chronic fatigue) I'm afraid it's game over.

Ancic had already done at least 2 comebacks by this time and Soderling hasn't even managed one. Sure we can say he's careful and all but it's nearing a time when it doesn't matter anymore. I think it's time to put it on the line. No middle ground doing 1-2 practices a week but to really go for it and if it doesn't hold then it doesn't hold. Waiting another 6 months, another 12 months? Where is that gonna get him? He needs to test his wings now and if they don't hold then it's time to hang up the racket.

AgnRus
01-17-2013, 09:00 AM
He needs to test his wings now and if they don't hold then it's time to hang up the racket.

for you and those who agree with you:

https://twitter.com/RSoderling/status/291837292564332544

https://twitter.com/RSoderling/status/291837867687301120

forget about him, if you think "now or never"

MaxPower
01-17-2013, 01:05 PM
for you and those who agree with you:

https://twitter.com/RSoderling/status/291837292564332544

https://twitter.com/RSoderling/status/291837867687301120

forget about him, if you think "now or never"

I'm questioning what's gonna get better with time. Maybe he's been out from very hard physical training for so long that the body backfires on him because of that and not because of the mono.

Just thinking on myself after every winter doing the first long running pass I'm like I'm gonna puke and the day after you feel horrible too. For an elite athelete that's been out as long as Robin and where "training" means ELITE TRAINING then it's probably like that but times 10.

Question is if he's sure his fatigue is really mono-related or could it be that his body says no for other reasons? If so maybe he could work through it and hit a plateau when it starts to get better much faster instead of the very slow progress he has now. He will no doubt pay a terrible prize in pain and sweat but maybe it would actually work to "shock" the body into full recovery

What's left to lose? If he gets a new mono outbreak and has to be in bed again for months then he knows it's over and that he must aim for something else, like signing up for a university course or whatever. At least he gets an answer.

Now he's walking around praying that time will solve his problems. That only moves him and his body even further away from the hard training his body was once used to. If he means he already tried serious attempts and gotten so sick everytime he was back at square one then he should have already given up months ago.

Soderling is starting to remind me now of another famous Swedish athlete named Peter Forsberg that had a chronic footproblem but refused to give up his career. He saw so many experts in so many countries and literally tried everything and even the doctors were clueless eventually. Sometimes the stubborn players reaches a state where they only trick themselves but their love and passion for the sport is so big that they refuse to give up. Robin is not there yet but it's getting there

MaxPower
02-08-2013, 02:43 PM
and here comes the european indoor season.

Robin no closer to comeback? Same old I guess

FlameOn
02-08-2013, 11:08 PM
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/basic2/sigh.gif

sunzhewyq
02-09-2013, 03:46 PM
happy Chinese New Year, guys...

MaxPower
02-10-2013, 03:30 PM
happy Chinese New Year, guys...

oh perfect! Robin is born in 84 like me. Year of the Rat. Hope his horoscope is looking good this year :)

sunzhewyq
02-12-2013, 12:34 AM
oh perfect! Robin is born in 84 like me. Year of the Rat. Hope his horoscope is looking good this year :)

;)yes, he will and you too...:p

joekimiwong
02-12-2013, 12:51 AM

hi

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

MaxPower
02-12-2013, 01:30 PM

haha well i googled it and came up with this http://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/rat.asp

Health

General speaking, rats are healthy. They are full of energy and active, which help them keep fit and stay away from illness. In dry seasons, they should pay attention to prevent trouble of respiratory and skin problems. With enough rest they can keep high spirits at work, which can improve work efficiency. A balanced diet and regular exercise benefit rats. When in stressful and tense conditions, rats are suggested to take a tour to free stress and tension.

Couldn't be more wrong :)

sunzhewyq
02-12-2013, 03:46 PM
haha well i googled it and came up with this http://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/rat.asp

Couldn't be more wrong :)

ummm...how do you find this website..that is really interesting...haha.. hopefully that is an hint to us on the comeback of Robin;)..althought i haven't believed what they say....:p

MaxPower
02-14-2013, 02:03 PM
ummm...how do you find this website..that is really interesting...haha.. hopefully that is an hint to us on the comeback of Robin;)..althought i haven't believed what they say....:p

googled it. But I don't believe in horoscopes either. But in Robin's case I'm up to try anything. Maybe sacrifice some animals or whatever. After he let his coach go he hasn't said much. I take it his back to maybe 1 practice a week or so.

It's a shame because Sweden got a great iniative going on right now called "Good to great" where the best swedish talents and even foreign talent like Dimitrov is coached to become top players. Those former top players like Norman/Tillström/Kulti also makes good hitting partners. If Robin was somewhat close to a comeback he should've jumped on that train and practice to raise his own level closer to real comeback. Now it feels like he's many months away and this season is ticking away fast.

We need a miracle...

sunzhewyq
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
We need a miracle...

Can i say “Impossible is nothing”?:p

MaxPower
02-24-2013, 03:19 PM
it's been awfuly quiet around Soderling on FB, twitter and for more than a month. Calm before the storm. If that storm is a comeback...or retirement....is another question

FlameOn
02-24-2013, 10:26 PM
True. It could be a very good or very bad thing. Either he's so focused he's got no time for social media or he's depressed and delaying the inevitable announcement.

MaxPower
02-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Doubles player Lindstedt posted this from Dubai on his blog.

At least HEAD hasn't dropped him yet. This is the face that sells rackets in Dubai! :)

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/robert/files/2013/02/IMG_2853-e1361693788464.jpg

sunzhewyq
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/45e9f2beb8350e7dc4b28244295fadb0/tumblr_mivfubLrn71rps9muo1_500.jpg
pic in tweet..
http://24.media.tumblr.com/54a668fdd2e522d2bbca1f94e4321925/tumblr_mivfzceoXT1rps9muo1_400.gif
ummmmm

swedes_rule
02-27-2013, 10:01 AM
hahaha thats fantastic! love it :)

sunzhewyq
02-27-2013, 12:30 PM
hahaha thats fantastic! love it :)

hahaha, does this girl look like Jenni???....i am kidding...:p

FlameOn
02-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Great to see him type that. But the question is 'when?' :o.

MaxPower
03-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Great to see him type that. But the question is 'when?' :o.

or what. Like in "What year?"

FlameOn
03-02-2013, 11:07 AM
or what. Like in "What year?"
I wonder what will happen first: Robin's return or Rosol backing up his Wimbledon win :p. JK, I love Lukas :).

MaxPower
03-04-2013, 07:07 PM
I wonder what will happen first: Robin's return or Rosol backing up his Wimbledon win :p. JK, I love Lukas :).

Whenever I see Berdych and Ferrer play these days I always think "Soderling had been ranked higher than those two"

It was extra painful to watch Berdych defeat Federer multiple times thinking that Soderling could have achieved so much if healthy the past 1,5 years. Robin could have won slams with weak Fed and no Nadal :(

Watching Ferrer racking up all the titles too thinking that Soderling probably had defeated him in most of those tournaments :(

Whenever I see Rosol or Janowicz play I always think "Please become a new Soderling". Sadly I think none of them got what it takes. It's been some painful months.

FlameOn
03-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Whenever I see Berdych and Ferrer play these days I always think "Soderling had been ranked higher than those two"

It was extra painful to watch Berdych defeat Federer multiple times thinking that Soderling could have achieved so much if healthy the past 1,5 years. Robin could have won slams with weak Fed and no Nadal :(

Watching Ferrer racking up all the titles too thinking that Soderling probably had defeated him in most of those tournaments :(

Whenever I see Rosol or Janowicz play I always think "Please become a new Soderling". Sadly I think none of them got what it takes. It's been some painful months.
Thinking of what could've been is a bit sad yes, though personally I think Robin would've been a long-shot for a slam. I think if he were still healthy and playing he would've still been hunting for the first one. Like Berdych there are major matchup issues for both among the top players. Either could maybe get through one of them, but usually to win a slam you have to get through 2 or 3.

Ferrer is just...yeah. He's at the mercy of the top players when he faces them. Robin and Tomas with their big games can control their destiny a lot more. Robin has no reason to be jealous of Ferrer even now - except maybe for the fact that he's playing :p.

I saw Lukas live in Auckland this year (final qualifying match) and although the very windy day probably affected things, his power level didn't seem especially unique to the other players I've seen (I saw Jerzy live that same day too :)). That said it was an extremely windy day which affected everyone's game.

MaxPower
03-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Thinking of what could've been is a bit sad yes, though personally I think Robin would've been a long-shot for a slam. I think if he were still healthy and playing he would've still been hunting for the first one. Like Berdych there are major matchup issues for both among the top players. Either could maybe get through one of them, but usually to win a slam you have to get through 2 or 3.

Ferrer is just...yeah. He's at the mercy of the top players when he faces them. Robin and Tomas with their big games can control their destiny a lot more. Robin has no reason to be jealous of Ferrer even now - except maybe for the fact that he's playing :p.

I saw Lukas live in Auckland this year (final qualifying match) and although the very windy day probably affected things, his power level didn't seem especially unique to the other players I've seen (I saw Jerzy live that same day too :)). That said it was an extremely windy day which affected everyone's game.

Thing is Soderling was unlucky to draw Federer OR Nadal in every freaking slam during most of his active career. I don't think he's even played Murray or Djokovic in a slam. Ever. He always drew Fed or Nadal when they were the top2 and it was really a big2 rather than a big4. It's odd really. Once in AO he had the chance to face Murray in QF but choked in R4 vs Dolgo.

Now when Federer has become a lot worse and Nadal was injured for a long time Soderling was unlucky to be sidelined. I think 27-29 yo Soderling could have reached multiple slam SFs, F or even win without Fed/Nadal knocking him out.

It's not a coincidence Murray grabbed his first slam last year and I think it's just a question of time before Tsonga/Berdych/Delpo or even someone else wins to. Fedal is declining and Murray/Djokovic gonna fail in some slams for sure the coming 1-2 years.

FlameOn
06-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Anything of note?
http://video.eurosport.se/tennis/courtside-avsnitt-2-soderling-edberg-dissar-federer-och-hellbergs-anekdot_vid282281/video.shtml

AgnRus
06-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Anything of note?
http://video.eurosport.se/tennis/courtside-avsnitt-2-soderling-edberg-dissar-federer-och-hellbergs-anekdot_vid282281/video.shtml

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=154882&page=15
:)

FlameOn
06-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Oh thanks :hatoff:.

AgnRus
07-09-2013, 03:22 AM
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=179&artikel=5586530&utm_medium=referral&grupp=6483&utm_source=t.co

so we still have some hope.

sunzhewyq
07-21-2013, 05:28 PM
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=179&artikel=5586530&utm_medium=referral&grupp=6483&utm_source=t.co

so we still have some hope.

woo....good to know that....:D..haven't seen a single match for some time...hope robin will come back soon...

MaxPower
07-24-2013, 11:48 AM
oh. Finally some good news. An hour/day of tennis practice isn't so bad. There could still be hope for the indoor hc season. It would be perfect to attempt a comeback when everyone else is tired after a long season in some of his favourite tournaments.

I wouldn't mind if he shocked everyone and gave USO a go but I also fear he might rest this full season too. Shouldn't compare himself too much to Haas and Robredo. Would be great to do a comeback before like....35.

FlameOn
07-25-2013, 06:39 AM
Most of those at Robin's former level practice for many more hours daily, but it's a great start! Plus we don't know if he could possibly practice more hours and is just being cautious at this stage. Hopefully :D.

Any news other than "I still want to come back" is good news in my book :).

AgnRus
08-16-2013, 10:07 AM
http://www.kltk.se/viewNavMenu.do?menuID=55&oid=7811

Hallå Robin!

14 augusti 2013

KLTK-nytt ringde upp för att kolla läget med Robin Söderling och bland annat gratulera på födelsedagen samt fråga hur han mår.

Hallå där och grattis på födelsedagen Robin!

– Tjena, tack så mycket.

Hur har sommaren varit?

– Jo för sjutton, den har varit helt underbar. Svårt att inte vara nöjd när vädret varit så bra. Man njuter verkligen av att vara i Sverige då.

Vi hörde att du slagit till på ett hus på Bjäreterrassen i Torekov som det görs reklam för på KLTK och som är en av klubbens sponsorer?

– Ja det stämmer, vi spenderade en del av sommaren där nere, inredde huset och fixade. Det var verkligen skitmysigt.

Var det en tillfällighet att du köpte detta eller har du letat i området tidigare?

– Njae, det var nog mer en slump. Jag hörde om projektet och känner en av initiativtagarna, Jonas Bengtsson (KLTK-medlem reds. anmärkning) sedan tidigare och när jag väl började prata om det så gick det ganska fort. Jag är ju som så många av KLTK:s tävlingsjuniorer mer eller mindre uppvuxen på somrarna i Båstad och Bjärehalvön så det kändes bra att äntligen kunna ha något eget där nere också. Sen är vår dotter snart ett år och om några år är det perfekt som sommarställe för henne med massa kompisar i området.

De har ju en nylagd grusbana i området också, har du hunnit testa den?

- Ja jag slog lite på banan och den är superfin. Samma underlag som i vår tennispark på Kungliga. Sen byggs ju ett orangeri nu med plats för 40 personer i området som är för de boende. Det blir ruggigt fint verkar det som även om jag bara sett ritningarna. Det är redan ett par bekanta i området och det vore ju kul om det blev fler tennisintresserade från Kungliga som flyttade in.

Annars då, går återhämtningen framåt och har du kunnat träna i sommar?

– Det går som jag sagt förut väldigt sakta men det går framåt hela tiden. Jag håller igång kroppen och försöker slå på bollen några gånger i veckan om än i lugnt tempo. Jag lyssnar på kroppen noggrant och hoppas verkligen jag kommer kunna komma tillbaka ut på touren igen.

Har du följt tennisen mycket i övrigt?

– Jag läser resultaten och jag kollade lite grann på Franska och Wimbledon. Sen när man nu är hemma i Sverige så mycket så får man ju även höra om resultat på Sommartouren och Futures och så vidare. Förresten hörde jag en kompis berätta om vår junior Simon Freund.

– Jag hörde att han hade vunnit ett gäng ITF:er i rad och även en Sommartourtävling och fortfarande har ett år kvar som junior. Det är ju sjukt kul. Bara att hoppas han har glöden och viljan att nu träna och fokusera ännu mer. Han har några avgörande år framför sig. Jag minns själv hur hårt jag fokuserade de åren så jag hoppas han har samma driv.

Nu är du 29 år. Blir det 30-års fest i det nya orangeriet med grannarna nere i Torekov nästa sommar då?

– Ha ha... det vet jag inte. Förhoppninsvis är jag i Cincinnati vid den här tiden nästa år. Jag bjuder hellre på en rejäl grillfest för grannarna om jag skulle vinna Swedish Open igen.

Ska vi ta det som ett löfte?

– Ha ha, ja vi säger väl det...

Okej Robin, tack så mycket för pratstunden, vi ses på klubben.

– Yes, det gör vi....tack själv.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't understand some words unfortunately.

Could someone translate? at least briefly.

FlameOn
08-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Here's the important bit:

Otherwise, then, can the recovery ahead and have you been able to train this summer?

It's like I said before, very slowly, but it goes forward all the time. I keeps the body and try to turn on the ball a few times a week, albeit at a slow pace. I listen to your body carefully and really hope I will be able to get back out on tour again.

Did you follow tennis much otherwise?

I read the results and I watched a little bit in French and Wimbledon. Then when you are now back in Sweden as much as one can always hear even if results on Summer Tour and Futures, and so on. By the way, I heard a friend tell you about our junior Simon Freund. - I heard that he had won a bunch of ITF's in a row and even a Summer Tour Tournamnet and still has a year left as a junior. It's insane fun. Just hope he has the glow and the willingness to work and now focus even more. He has a few crucial years ahead of him. I remember myself how hard I focused the years, so I hope he has the same drive.

MaxPower
08-18-2013, 11:30 AM
No this is the important part :)

Hopefully I'm in Cincinnati at this time next year. I'd rather throw a big BBQ party for the neighbours if I win Swedish Open again.

Should we take that as a promise?

-Haha yeah let's say that.

But yes his recovery is still so freaking slow. When he still talks about listening to his body and taking it easy etc it's the talk of a sick man. Wish there could be some breakthrough were he just says: I don't feel anything anymore, lets go!

FlameOn
09-05-2013, 10:35 AM
I came across this:

http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/Robin-Soderling-rientro-a-Parigi-Bercy-articolo15741.html

Robin Soderling played his last match in July 2011, in the final of the tournament in Bastad win against David Ferrer. Struck by mononucleosis, the Swedish tennis player was then forced to leave the tennis courts, and currently is struggling with a post-viral syndrome. Despite having picked up the racket in a few short training sessions and its values ​​are now back to normal, Robin said they still feel very tired and not being able to recover. According to him, would attempt the big return to the Masters 1000 in Paris, scheduled from October 28 to November 3.

"I'd like to return to Paris Bercy" the Swede said in a recent interview. "But unfortunately only depend on my body. know that you journalists and fans would want to know when I return to play ... I can only tell you that I'm trying, I really hope I can. "

He has a target. It's unlikely he'll be ready in the almost two months when Paris Bercy starts, but this is the first time I think I've read he's picked an event that's a remote possibility to return in, so I guess that's a good sign? :confused:

AgnRus
09-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I came across this:

http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/Robin-Soderling-rientro-a-Parigi-Bercy-articolo15741.html

He has a target. It's unlikely he'll be ready in the almost two months when Paris Bercy starts, but this is the first time I think I've read he's picked an event that's a remote possibility to return in, so I guess that's a good sign? :confused:

:facepalm: What interview? To whom Robin gave this interview? When?
these Italian sites are not the most reliable sources unfortunately, they like to make news out of nothing :devil:

but I don't rule out that he will attempt to come back in Bercy. Although it's logical to assume that it will be If Stockholm Open, if he feels ready to come back this year

FlameOn
09-05-2013, 10:46 PM
^ I think it would be weird for a site to make up something like that. Robin is missed but surely not missed enough for sites to make up stories about him. I did see another article in Swedish that said something similar afterwards, but IDK.

AgnRus
09-06-2013, 01:57 AM
all Swedish articles, which published this week the news of Robin's comeback, gave a reference to the Italian sites as a source.

Robin recently said, "Why should I give a date?" and now everyone believes what he calls the tournament without being sure? No one finds it strange?

MaxPower
09-12-2013, 06:34 PM
I think if Robin felt so good he considered a comeback in Bercy, why wouldn't he aim for Stockholm Open instead? It's only 2 weeks before Bercy. There he could've trained with the best swedes and those in that "good to great" group and make sure he felt comfortable about his level.

So I'm afraid they might have taken Bercy out of the air. I also doubt Robin said it.

FlameOn
09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
True I suppose - playing in Sweden would mean not much travel either. Just shows even 'journalists' are eager for a Robin comeback :p. So eager they make up stories.

Johnbert
09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
tennis needs soderking back, asap! :mad:

FlameOn
11-16-2013, 11:58 PM
OMG, no news, not even fake news since September!

http://yourvolleyssuck.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/cry.gif?w=240

FlameOn
11-17-2013, 12:09 AM
Oops no, there is something from this month but it's not good. Bjorkman gives very grim assessment.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Tennis---Jonas-Bjorkman-says-Robin-Soderling-still-cannot-play-tennis-for-more-than-10-minutes-at-a-time-articolo14611.html

Tennis - Sweden's Jonas Bjorkman, who recently made a doubles comeback on the ATP circuit, says former top 5 Swedish player Robin Soderling wants to come back to tennis but is still not fit enough more than two years after coming down with glandular fever.

Speaking to Sport360.com, Bjorkman says, "He wants to be back, there’s no doubt. Every time we come to Bastad or Stockholm, he more or less disappears because he doesn’t want to be too close. But I practised with him two weeks before the tournament. He plays maybe twice a week but very very slow. Maybe five, 10 minutes then he rests for 10 minutes. So he’s still suffering from his illness and it’s a shame. Because the way he hits the ball, if he’s able to be completely healthy, it’s no doubt that he’ll be top 20 in six to eight months because he hits the ball so well. He has to do a lot of work obviously because he’s dropped so many kilos because he has no muscles left. His physique is not there, he has to do a lot, but once he gets to that stage he can be top 20, I think even top 10.

Talking about the decline of Swedish tennis, Bjorkman says, "Tennis has changed, many more countries are playing, so it’s a much wider sport than before. We have dropped also because we lost all our great coaches. All the great coaches that we had got great offers from international sides. Peter Lundgren was coaching Roger Federer, my coach was coaching Mario Ancic and we had some in the English federation. So our juniors haven’t been able to get the coaching level they should have."

FlameOn
12-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Merry Christmas all :).

Last night I dreamed that Robin played some exhibition tournament and beat a bunch of players he easily should've (including Elena Dementieva for some reason) and beat Gael Monfils in the final. The main part of this tournament was that he was well enough to play full matches :).

Anyway...dreams are nice. I'm not optimistic anymore, but we'll see what 2014 brings for him.

sunzhewyq
01-08-2014, 10:06 PM
oh..miss him so much...last time when i went to Sweden, the limited time didn't allow me to go the shop to check about the RS tennis. Maybe next time, if time allows.
Have a nice year, all my friends here.

MaxPower
01-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Soderling will be guest commentator on swedish eurosport for the AO final. Good to see some life sign

bit troubling too. Could also be a hint of Robin trying out some other things, thinking about his career after being a player....

Oh well it's gonna be interesting because just like Wawrinka he's been in the same spot, slam final, Norman as trainer, having to play the ultimate grinder Nadal over BO 5 sets. Hope he can provide some cool insight!

swedes_rule
01-25-2014, 04:53 AM
Ohh I would love to hear that - I think he would have some really cool things to say!!

I know its something we never wanted to face but I have essentially accepted that Robin won't come back. But if he's commentating, my take is that he still wants to be involved in tennis, just not as a player anymore. Magnus retired super young due to injury and look at him now - one of the most highly respected coaches out there. Maybe if we're lucky we'll see more of Robin in other ways?

MaxPower
01-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Soderling did great as commentator. I think he was just as good as Tomas Enqvist. But to be fair Magnus Alsterback was also there and he is a personal friend so Robin probably felt very relaxed.

Answered quite a few of the viewers questions and ofc he was asked: "When will you return?" and he said the standard "I'm feeling better and better but it moves slowly"

Maria Strandlund-Tomsvik who was the main commentator also said right by the end that she'd rather do commentating on his matches instead of having him helping out with commentating and then he said something like "yeah I would prefer that too, I haven't given up yet"

In summary he sounds and acts very healthy and that's always something, but doesn't sound like a comeback in the near future. Probably at least 6 months away

FlameOn
01-26-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm taking a break from pro tennis fandom...Robin's return would be the only thing that would probably bring me out of it.

At this point I could deal with 6 more months' wait, if your prediction turns out right.

AgnRus
02-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Robin will hold a press conference tomorrow morning.The reason is not known.

Pablo23
02-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Robin will hold a press conference tomorrow morning.The reason is not known.

fingers crossed.

sunzhewyq
02-18-2014, 03:06 PM
best wishes

InfoKenway
05-17-2014, 09:58 PM
Some news?

sunzhewyq
06-05-2014, 01:25 AM
hey guys. How about this one from SI by Jon Wertheim
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/news/20140604/french-open-robin-soderling/index.html?

Soderling, only man to beat Nadal at French Open, ponders return

PARIS -- It's early summer, which means that the mackerel are biting in the bays of Scandinavia. A 29-year-old living in downtown Stockholm has made a habit of going out on the water to see what he can catch. He brings his bounty home, smokes it and then eats it with his family.

Don't misunderstand: Fishing is great fun, but Robin Söderling would much rather be playing tennis. A concussive ball striker with a noirish demeanor, Söderling was in situ among the best in the sport for a half decade. Ranked as high as No. 4, he won 10 titles and $10.4 million. Today, anyway, he is known as the only carbon-based lifeform to beat Rafael Nadal at the French Open. This year marks the five-year anniversary of the match; Söderling won the fourth-round encounter in four sets -- one of the titanic upsets in tennis history. It still top-lines Söderling's career.

He hopes that changes, and not because he wants to see Nadal lose. Söderling wants to return to tennis.

"I haven't retired," he said, multiple times, while speaking by phone from Stockholm on Wednesday. "My dream is to come back and give it a try and hopefully one day be on court again."

Three years ago at Wimbledon, Söderling felt sick. His throat hurt. His stomach didn't feel right. He had little energy. He lost to Bernard Tomic in straight sets in the third round. But then his health improved, and the week after Wimbledon, he won the Swedish Open without dropping a set. He was fifth in the world. And then, he says, the sickness he felt at Wimbledon came back in a fierce way. The diagnosis was mono. He withdrew from the 2011 U.S. Open, then the fall events, then the entire 2012 season. He hasn't played since.

The past few months, though, his health has improved. He weighs two pounds fewer than he did at the time of his last match. (The ATP Tour listed Söderling at 6-foot-4, 192 pounds.) He's been playing tennis again, mostly hitting at an indoor club, slowly easing back. If he pushes too hard, he spends the next day recovering. But he doesn't have the flu-like symptoms anymore. It's a balancing act, trying to kick-start a comeback without pushing too hard. In this case, the sports cliché rings true: "It's really one day at a time," he said.

As Söderling's health has gotten better, he's been doing something he couldn't bring himself to do for the first 18 months of his absence: follow the sport. He's been watching the French Open, and he has many of the same observations you do. The quality of play has been high. It's nice to see some new players make their move. The best players leaven power with control. He's also happy to reflect on that day in Paris.

"I was satisfied with the way I played [against Nadal]," Söderling said. "It was even better to reach the final. And then again the year after. A lot of players can play one match really well. But to reach the final two years in a row, that's what I'm most proud of."

Söderling's absence has provided portals for self-discovery. He has enjoyed being a husband and father -- his daughter, Olivia, is almost 2 -- though he's considered moving to a home where he can have a yard. (Söderling grew up in a small Swedish village four hours from Stockholm.) He is the director of the Stockholm Open, a small event in October.

"As a player, I'd always seen tournaments from the player perspective," Söderling says. "Now I see them from the organizational perspective."

He also acted on what he calls a longtime interest in fabrics and materials, and designed a new tennis ball.

"Someone asked, 'What is the best ball?' I couldn't come up with an answer, so I tried to develop my own ball, as a fun project, nothing serious," Söderling says.

He hooked up with a factory in Thailand and now the RS All Court -- the first tennis ball developed by a professional player -- might be coming soon to your pro shop.

But it's clear what Söderling really wants. For all the former players who are coy and vague about coming back, Söderling is, characteristically, blunt.

"I've been playing tennis -- it's been a part of my life -- since I was 4, so it's been tough to go without," he said. "I look at Tommy Haas, who is in the top [20] and is 36 years old, and it makes feel more positive. You know one of the reasons I want to play? I want to quit on my own terms. I want to quit when I feel it's enough. Right now, it's not enough."

sunzhewyq
06-05-2014, 01:33 AM
i know almost every year during the French Open, there will be some news about Robin, in fact, all most the same content.. i just pick up some information about the Robin's condition nowadays and make it bold...;)

anyway..i think it is still very good to hear some news about him... good luck to Robin and us...

FlameOn
06-05-2014, 04:08 AM
Thank you for that :).

Robin getting back to his former weight and the flu symptoms leaving is nice. I gave up hope of him returning some time ago actually :p but I guess I shouldn't call Robin a liar ;). I won't be hugely surprised if he doesn't make it back still, but if Robin is feeling hopeful of a return, then I should be to (at least a tiny bit).

I miss him :(.

swedes_rule
06-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Thanks for posting Jonathan... I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up but I reallllllly miss him!!!

InfoKenway
07-08-2014, 10:10 PM
What's new?

MaxPower
07-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Was an article about him about a week ago. He seems happy being tournament director but says he had no idea it was so much work organizing even a "small" tournament like Stockholm Open.

This is a quick translation of the most relevant question:

So you haven't given up the plans for a comeback?

No absolutely not. I train every day and play tennis a few times a week in the royal tennis hall. I constantly improve, but I do not hurry. If the intensity is too high the tiredness comes back. I will not repeat the mistake of early comeback, it has to take the time it takes.

Personally I hope he makes a comeback in Stockholm Open even if he is tournament director. would be fun :) Pim-Pim Johansson has made mini-comebacks many times in the same tournament with great success. The surface is a bit special and Robin practices in that hall a lot so I think he'd do really well.

InfoKenway
08-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Robin Soderling.

Robin Soderling.

o i S d r i g

Puzzle.

Impossible
08-31-2014, 10:41 AM
In an interview with tennis.se He is saying he's nearly there!!

FlameOn
08-31-2014, 11:34 AM
In an interview with tennis.se He is saying he's nearly there!!
Wonderful :yeah:. Got anymore info?

sunzhewyq
09-15-2014, 09:00 PM
http://iof3.idrottonline.se/SvenskaTennisforbundet/Nyheter/Nyheter/Detvarblanddetroligasteiminkarriar/

Here is the information..;)...anyone can help to read it?...Google translate is poor....

FlameOn
09-16-2014, 02:39 AM
http://iof3.idrottonline.se/SvenskaTennisforbundet/Nyheter/Nyheter/Detvarblanddetroligasteiminkarriar/

Here is the information..;)...anyone can help to read it?...Google translate is poor....
Wants to play Swedish Open this year ideally but he's as always 'not quite ready'.

I'm thinking 'fuck, just try and play doubles'. It's a lot less taxing, he could even win a match or two with a good partner. On the indoor court a lot of the points would be over within a serve.

Flavio_Sverige
09-16-2014, 10:29 AM
He could easily get a WC with one swedish rising players

and thinking of a comeback also he could help Sweden in DC tie against Latvia....