Tommy to return at Stuttgart Outdoors! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy to return at Stuttgart Outdoors!

Leo
07-01-2003, 03:14 AM
Great news, Tommy should return to the ATP in a matter of weeks:

I pulled out of Wimbledon

Today, June 14th, I pulled out of Wimbledon. My shoulder is just not ready to play a Grand Slam tournament. I still have problems with my serve. And so it wouldn´t make any sense to compete on gras.
Even though I was hoping to come back at Wimbledon, I decided to cancle before the qualifying starts next Monday. So there won´t be another lucky loser who reaches the main draw. If I am informed right, because of my pull out the German player Alexander Waske will get into the main draw, which made my decision easier.

Generally, my shoulder is doing better. The healing process is as expected. An earlier comeback would have been abnormal. My whole team and myself need to be patient during this time. No question about that.

Tough wheather conditions in Sarasota, Florida

I am able to hit my groundstrokes nearly as powerful as before my injury. A big part of my training is still fitness-training. The last couple of days I´ve been playing a lot of basketball. Because of the humidity and the high temperature in Florida right now the training is very intensiv.

Comeback at the Mercedes Cup

My next goal is the Mercedes Cup in Stuttgart/ Germany. At least I really would love to play one German tournament. The Mercedes Cup will start in four weeks. So, that should be enough time for me.

Keep enjoying my website!
Take care,
Tommy

Source: www.tommy-haas.com

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

lin
07-01-2003, 06:22 AM
:bounce:

Go Tommy !!! :wavey:

lurker
07-01-2003, 04:46 PM
I can't wait for Tommy to come back!!! :bounce: :bounce:

BTW I love his website.

Lee
07-02-2003, 04:52 AM
I can't wait for Tommy to come back!!! :bounce: :bounce:

BTW I love his website.

His is the best of all the players web site that I know of!

josephine
07-04-2003, 01:39 AM
I hope he can really come back this time.

Lee
07-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Tommy pulled out of Stuttgart today!

His next may be LA

Leo
07-09-2003, 01:49 AM
Tommy pulled out of Stuttgart today!

His next may be LA

Unbelieveable. Let's hope he is really ready for LA. This is very disappointing and discouraging. :( :sad:

JuaNQui FoReVeR
07-09-2003, 04:15 AM
I hope he comes back soon. :sad:

Lee
07-09-2003, 04:37 AM
Unbelieveable. Let's hope he is really ready for LA. This is very disappointing and discouraging. :( :sad:

I don't think Tommy is confident that he can be back at LA. He makes the cutoff (thanks to Sampras) for TMS Canada so at least he doesn't have to qualify for it if he can play.

Leo
07-09-2003, 03:48 PM
I know Tommy's ranking has dropped to #48 or #49, but doesn't he recieve and injury protected ranking for the first few tourneys when he comes back? I think the ruling is that if a player is out for 6 months or more - which is true for Haas - then he gets a protected ranking when he first comes back to the tour. I hope this is true because I don't want Tommy to have to qualify for tournaments. :(

Lee
07-09-2003, 06:05 PM
I know Tommy's ranking has dropped to #48 or #49, but doesn't he recieve and injury protected ranking for the first few tourneys when he comes back? I think the ruling is that if a player is out for 6 months or more - which is true for Haas - then he gets a protected ranking when he first comes back to the tour. I hope this is true because I don't want Tommy to have to qualify for tournaments. :(

Probably! TMS Canada cut off list is 51 men so even without protective ranking, Haas will still make it. His ranking won't drop much more since he was not playing this time last year because of his parents' accident and have no points to defend like Wimbleton.

Leo
07-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Really the only points that he still has to defend this season are his semifinalist points at TMS Canada and Long Island, and 4th round points at the US Open. Not too bad. Hopefully Tommy will be able to come back soon and stay healthy so he can start racking up the points again and return to where he belongs - in the Top 10. :)

fleemke²
07-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Tommy :mad:sad:

Tennis Fool
07-12-2003, 05:29 AM
Interesting that JMac blamed Tommy for his whole predicament this year. He said Tommy should have taken off last summer to have the surgery and recuperate but instead went for the money:o

Leo
07-12-2003, 05:37 AM
Interesting that JMac blamed Tommy for his whole predicament this year. He said Tommy should have taken off last summer to have the surgery and recuperate but instead went for the money:o

What nonsense.