Tit for tat [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tit for tat

Jim Jones
07-26-2005, 12:12 PM
This is in response to Undomiele's thread, 'U.S. going to the dogs'. Lets see if she will tolerate this thread.
Argentina used to be the richest nation in Latin America but due to its incompetent economic policies hte nation suffered an economic crisis and has gone downhill. Mexico which has a conservative political ideology thanks to the PRI is now the richest nation in Latin America. What can Argentina do to improve the conditions of its people. Get rid of its leaders and have bright people like Undomiele replace them ;)
p.s the purpose of this thread is to show young kids like Undomiele that they should not insult other nations.

bad gambler
07-26-2005, 12:16 PM
fair play

Jim Jones
07-26-2005, 12:20 PM
thanks but I won't do this again. I will also end up changing the subject title sometime today. Undomiele is young and she will learn but she needs a lesson :)

buddyholly
07-26-2005, 12:38 PM
She won't respond. Argentina-bashing is for dumb-ass idiots :rolleyes:

Jim Jones
07-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Well I did not really bash Argentina I criticized it. She won't respond to me like she won't respond to you too. I hear that she put you on her ignore list. So if she ignores you too are you also an idiot? According to your own criteria, that seems to be the case :lol:

Undomiele probably will ignore me too but unlike you it does not bother me. Perhaps you should correspond wtih your buddy Jorge because only he seems to take an interest in you albeit in a negative way. Hey, i don't mind criticism but it depends on the person. You seem to get under everyone's skin. A shame.

buddyholly
07-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Thank you for that, Jorge.

buddyholly
07-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Well I did not really bash Argentina I criticized it. She won't respond to me like she won't respond to you too. I hear that she put you on her ignore list. So if she ignores you too are you also an idiot? According to your own criteria, that seems to be the case :lol:

I don't want to believe it, but I have to consider the possibility that you took my post seriously...........................

OK, I've considered it. Nobody could possibly be so gullible, so what's the game?

Haute
07-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I know the point you're trying to make to undomiele, but don't forget that Argentina like Mexico, Jamaica, Thailand, and the rest of the world in the 1990s has been the victim of American programs like the World Bank and IMF; instead of being bailed out in economic emergencies, they only end up in further economic trouble when the IMF and WB place enormous interest rates on the loans that can only be paid off by taking out yet another loan with yet another ridiculous interest rate.

tennischick
07-26-2005, 03:26 PM
my sweetie is Argentine. thru mutual sharing we've come to realize that each country has its own shitty history and it's share of crap to deal with. but if we had to choose which of the two countries we are going to live in, Argentina is not an option for him. with all of our problems (and we have many), he'd still rather be in the US. i daresay he's not alone - a lot of people feel that way.

Jim Jones
07-26-2005, 05:36 PM
I know the point you're trying to make to undomiele, but don't forget that Argentina like Mexico, Jamaica, Thailand, and the rest of the world in the 1990s has been the victim of American programs like the World Bank and IMF; instead of being bailed out in economic emergencies, they only end up in further economic trouble when the IMF and WB place enormous interest rates on the loans that can only be paid off by taking out yet another loan with yet another ridiculous interest rate.
well IMF policies also helped contribute to collapse of USSR, where Gorbatchev was trying to implement economic reforms. :devil:

Carito_90
07-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Ithink Undomiele, and every Argentinean is very aware of the situation of Argentina nowadays and its past, so for you to remind us, or her, is a waste of time.
Do you really think you are insulting us by telling us the absolute truth? That we have probably the worst leaders ever and they have brought this country downhill? Excuse me, but you are very wrong.

my sweetie is Argentine. thru mutual sharing we've come to realize that each country has its own shitty history and it's share of crap to deal with. but if we had to choose which of the two countries we are going to live in, Argentina is not an option for him. with all of our problems (and we have many), he'd still rather be in the US. i daresay he's not alone - a lot of people feel that way.

Yes, you are very right about the last thing.
There are people who love this country and would never leave it. There are others who love it but the economical crisis we are going through does not leave them another choice than leave the country and start their lives somewhere else. Some other people just want to leave because they don't like it over here and think they'd have more economical possibilities somewhere else.

I consider myself the third kind of person. I would never go to live to the US, but I definitely want to move somewhere else because the posibilities of me becoming what I want to become are pretty much non-excistant.

Anyway, I repeat, JJ, you are not insulting us by telling us the truth.

Oh and one last thing...

How old are you? 10? "If they critizise me, I critizise them back"? Come on.

Jim Jones
07-26-2005, 06:58 PM
It is called an eye for an eye, many people believe in this including yours truly. I'm not American but I have an American girlfriend and U.S. is a country I like very much.

If you took the chance to read my message you would see that I did not insult Argentina. I said that it went through an economic slump because of its policies. Even before I edited the message, I did not insult Argentina. If I wanted to insult Argentina I would have called it facist for sheltering Nazi criminals. But I did not do that :)
Every nation is liable to criticism including Argentina.

willie
07-26-2005, 07:53 PM
This is in response to Undomiele's thread, 'U.S. going to the dogs'. Lets see if she will tolerate this thread.
Argentina used to be the richest nation in Latin America but due to its incompetent economic policies hte nation suffered an economic crisis and has gone downhill. Mexico which has a conservative political ideology thanks to the PRI is now the richest nation in Latin America. What can Argentina do to improve the conditions of its people. Get rid of its leaders and have bright people like Undomiele replace them ;)
p.s the purpose of this thread is to show young kids like Undomiele that they should not insult other nations.

its a good response, i think you are totally right :)

Jim Jones
07-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks Willie, viva Argentine!

Carito_90
07-26-2005, 08:36 PM
If you took the chance to read my message you would see that I did not insult Argentina. I said that it went through an economic slump because of its policies. Even before I edited the message, I did not insult Argentina. If I wanted to insult Argentina I would have called it facist for sheltering Nazi criminals. But I did not do that :)

If you took the chance to read my post, you'd realise I actually said "you are not insulting us by telling us the truth." Twice.
Therefore I already know you were not insulting us, not even if you tried.

I simply do not understand what this thread is for and in what way it will "teach" undomiele a "lesson".

It is called an eye for an eye, many people believe in this including yours truly

The world is going through what its going through because of that. It's quite sad you support it, IMO.

sigmagirl91
07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
This is really ridiculous. I'm with Carito on this. What's the point in insulting someone with a truth they already know and accept? It's like beating a dead horse.

El Legenda
07-26-2005, 09:30 PM
F*ck politices lets all get naked :bounce:

Carito_90
07-26-2005, 10:00 PM
:lol: RDucky

Haute
07-26-2005, 11:51 PM
well IMF policies also helped contribute to collapse of USSR, where Gorbatchev was trying to implement economic reforms. :devil:

And it just adds to the other 190 states that the IMF has screwed over. Marvelous.

But in reality the USSR collapsed because of the arms race and inability to modernize socially, politically, and economically. And on top of that there's so much one central government can do when the 14 or so republics each began secessionist movements around the same time.

buddyholly
07-27-2005, 12:02 AM
F*ck politices lets all get naked :bounce:

I AM naked :aparty: :rolls:

Carito_90
07-27-2005, 01:22 AM
I AM naked :aparty: :rolls:

Now all you need to do is to fuck politices.

:)

buddyholly
07-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Now all you need to do is to fuck politices.

:)

I would, if I knew what one was.

the cat
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Excellent posts by Carito_90 and TC. :)

undomiele
07-27-2005, 08:54 PM
LOL!! I just spent a good year of my life writing my Political Econ masters dissertation on Argentina's economy. If only JJ had posted this thread earlier... I would have dedicated it to him... :tears: What a shame JJ. You totally missed out at an opportunity for genuine academic immortality (albeit at a very "liberal" institution) :o

These type of ironies highly divert me I must say. :toothy: So funny!

Kristen
07-28-2005, 02:36 AM
I would have thought it would be more enjoyable to take the moral high ground and stay up there on your high horse, and ignore, or criticize without stooping down to the same level. Yeah... nice work :bolt:

can't believe I wasted my 5555th post on this...

alelysafina
07-28-2005, 03:10 AM

Are you telling me that the PRI are to be put on a pedastel and worshiped, when they are the most corrupt group in the history of Mexican politics?!?!? They have done nothing, but make the rich richer and the poor poorer, I dont see how the PRI have actually done any good.

J. Corwin
07-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Two wrongs don't make a right...;)

But fair is fair...:angel:

bad gambler
07-28-2005, 09:04 AM
:lol:

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2005, 09:18 AM

Au contraire - people should feel to criticize other nations as they deem fit. One should not keep their opinion to themselves merely because their own backyard is not a picture of perfection. If that were the case there would be no use in anybody ever having any discourse over international affairs - yourself included.

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2005, 09:23 AM

Exactly. This is why suggesting that somebody like Undomiele should keep her criticism to herself (just because you don't happen to like that she was targetting the US) is fucking absurd. You've just shat all over the "purpose of this thread" - good job.

Jim Jones
07-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Au contraire - people should feel to criticize other nations as they deem fit. One should not keep their opinion to themselves merely because their own backyard is not a picture of perfection. If that were the case there would be no use in anybody ever having any discourse over international affairs - yourself included.
This concerns your 2 messages. I stand by what I said.There is a difference between insulting and criticism. If everything is liable to criticism than why am I balsted for criticizing Islamic fundementalism? For instance some 'bright' people suggest that I'm racist, as if Islam is a race. But they have a point I talk about that a little too much. Anyway Undomiele has read this thread & may be a little wiser in the future so it no longer serves any purpose. So I suggest we let this thread die out, no? :)

Carito_90
07-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I believe Undomiele made VERY clear she found this thread extremely funny and didn't really take it seriously so yeah...

I also don’t get how, by doing exactly what undomiele did, you are teaching her a lesson. Isn’t it simply proving her right, by doing what she does, critizise (or insult as you like to call it) another nation?

Oh and one more thing, you said this was “eye for eye”, and you claim she insulted the US but you just “critisized” Argentina. Then you come it is eye for eye? Either what you said is a lie (the eye for eye thing) or you did mean to insult Argentina, even though you didn’t really do it.

Jim Jones
07-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Let it go Carito, just let it go. :)

Jim Jones
07-28-2005, 06:10 PM
LOL!! I just spent a good year of my life writing my Political Econ masters dissertation on Argentina's economy. If only JJ had posted this thread earlier... I would have dedicated it to him... :tears: What a shame JJ. You totally missed out at an opportunity for genuine academic immortality (albeit at a very "liberal" institution) :o

These type of ironies highly divert me I must say. :toothy: So funny!
glad to see that I entertained you. Now hopefully you will know better. :)
Having said that I suppose you expect me to be at awe that you are pursuing a masters degree. Doesn't mean a thing I obtained my masters degree in int. politics this year. I will be more impressed if you don't insult other nations. Cheers.

willie
07-28-2005, 06:48 PM
the problem with the majority of argentines, that study in public university is that all the teachers hate USA and teach that to their students so everybody finishes hating USA:o

Carito_90
07-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Let it go Carito, just let it go. :)

Why? Because I'm right?

the problem with the majority of argentines, that study in public university is that all the teachers hate USA and teach that to their students so everybody finishes hating USA

It's not just about the public universities. 90% of the people in Argentina strongly dislike the USA and it's not just because of the influence teachers might have on their pupils, but because of how the US is seen as a society, and specially, because of Bush and because they controll our economy. That's why we're so resentful towards them.
I do not like Bush, not at all, but I have absolutely nothing against the people from the US. I've got to know many great people here that are from USA and the fact that they are Americans doesn't change that they're great people.

sigmagirl91
07-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Exactly. This is why suggesting that somebody like Undomiele should keep her criticism to herself (just because you don't happen to like that she was targetting the US) is fucking absurd. You've just shat all over the "purpose of this thread" - good job.

I wish I could rep you, but I gotta spread the love around first. Check your pm.

buddyholly
07-28-2005, 09:58 PM
I think this thread started because undiomele started a thread that claimed the US was going to the dogs because the president was going to constitutionally nominate a supreme court justice that she may not approve of!!!!!!!!
This one was meant to satirize undiomele's thread. And it is no good saying undiomele's thread was started as a joke. The tone of her first post suggests she really does think the US will go to the dogs if it does not follow her policies.

Jim Jones
07-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Buddyholly is right. I was kind of satirizing undomiele's thread. But Undomiele was also insulting Americans because she blamed them for helping make America more to the right. Blast Bush if you must but don't insult people of a country. Bravo buddyholly for being able to express my actions better than myself.

undomiele
07-29-2005, 07:12 AM
All right, all right. Ill change the title of the thread to "The US is definitely going to the GOP dogs." Are you all happy now?? ;) :lol: rowf!

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: = GOP dogs! :lol:

No more barking now ya hear? :rolls:

Post sponsored by GOP=Republican Party. ;) We make dogshit right! :lol:

Campaign donations chipped in by the doggy dog members of the board. woof.

glad to see that I entertained you. Now hopefully you will know better.
:lol:

Having said that I suppose you expect me to be at awe that you are pursuing a masters degree. Doesn't mean a thing I obtained my masters degree in int. politics this year. I will be more impressed if you don't insult other nations.

Well you'd better phone home cos it sure was a waste of money. :o

For a so called "educated person" you sure nurture a sad intolerance for other people's legitimate opinions. :crying2: :lol: But hey, thats what makes bashing serious-minded conservatives like you so damn fun and entertaining... and the fact that youre not even realising it makes it all the more enjoyable. Half the things you write make no sense at all and its soo amusing... yet so fitting! :rolls: Its absolutely candy delicious! :lol:

:dog:

Jim Jones
07-29-2005, 11:43 AM
oh bouhouuuu you insulted me, pass me the kleenex I got tears in my eyes. I wasn't the only one criticizing your posts and those who did you would claim you put them in your ignore list. If that is the case than how do you know they were addressing you like with buddyholly? Yes I'm somewhat conservative, so what? I find it funny that people who criticize you and who are liberals are deemed to be clever by you such as Rosie (I'm sure she is) but not us cons and you say that i'm the one who is not tolerant?
Oh and thanks for showing us what you look like. I imagined you to be smarter than that but am reassured to see that this is not the case. ;)
p.s I'm absolutely fine with you trashing the GOP party as long as you don't trash Americans as a whole. So I'm fine with your last message :D

undomiele
07-29-2005, 03:34 PM
:dog: See Spot Run

:dog: See Jimmy Jones Run

:dog: See Spot Run

:rolls: