More Secuirty Alerts - London [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

More Secuirty Alerts - London

Kudz
07-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Incidents Spark Tube Evacuation

Emergency services have been called to three Tube stations after "incidents", Scotland Yard said.

Police confirmed they had been called to Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations.

There have been reports of smoke coming from two of the stations and all three have been evacuated.

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City. There are no reports of any casualties.
Police also confirmed that emergency service personnel have responded to reports of an incident on a route 26 bus in Hackney Road.

A spokesman for London Underground said the nature of the incidents was unknown.

One hospital, near Warren St station, has started its emergency plan.
Sosiane Mohellavi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning.

"Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

But a BBC reporter outside Warren St station said there was no sign of smoke outside.

Source: BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm)

Papakori
07-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh my god, I hope everything is alright!

1sun
07-21-2005, 12:53 PM
ah fuck,not again. y cant these peole just fuck off?

Kudz
07-21-2005, 12:54 PM
I've got Sky News on and this is the latest.

Reports of gunshots heard, however Police believe that it was actually the sound of detonators going off, meaning that there are possibly unexploded bombs.

Reports of someone running away from the scene.

Unconfirmed reports that a nail bomb has exploded on one of the trains.

According to Sky News Police are not treating the emergencies as a major incident...yet!

1 injury confirmed at Warren Street.

No casualties on number 26 bus.

Papakori
07-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Dummy explosions using detonators only have sparked the evacuation of three Tube stations and the closure of three lines.

I feel for the british

savesthedizzle
07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
I've got Sky News on and this is the latest.

Reports of gunshots heard, however Police believe that it was actually the sound of detonators going off, meaning that there are possibly unexploded bombs.

Reports of someone running away from the scene.

Unconfirmed reports that a nail bomb has exploded on one of the trains.

According to Sky News Police are not treating the emergencies as a major incident...yet!

1 injury confirmed at Warren Street.

No casualties on number 26 bus.

Oh gosh. :sad:

Purple Rainbow
07-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Sounds rather unprofessional to me. Probably not the work of an organised terror cell. I'll keep a close watch on the news, though.

Iheartandy&roger
07-21-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm just catching this on the news...there was another blast and one person was injured and 3 underground stations were evacuated and closed man this is ridiculous! I hate that this is happening! :sad: My thoughts and prayers are with the people in London.

Kudz
07-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Sounds rather unprofessional to me. Probably not the work of an organised terror cell. I'll keep a close watch on the news, though.
It does sound unprofessional.

Witness reports say a man ran onto one of the trains and dropped some sort of bag and then ran away. Other passengers tried to stop him, but he managed to flee the scene.

Not much has been confirmed yet, these incidents have only just happened within the last hour or so, so reports etc are still coming in.

Something that has been comfirmed is that the driver of the bus, heard a bang which seemed to come from the top level of the bus. Windows blown out.

Five
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
oh my god :sad:

SwissMister1
07-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Hopefully they have these guys on camera and can catch them.

Nimrodg
07-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I hope everything is OK with u guys at london, take care.

Until your government will understand that this could happend everyday if they'll continue to act like that, it will give the terrorists feeling that they can place bomb in london anytime.

LaTenista
07-21-2005, 03:00 PM
I read on MSN there was a witness who said on one of the subway carriage's a man's backpack exploded and the man shouted an exclamation. Sounds like a copycat attack by hacks who don't know WTF they are doing.

:sad: :hug: to all MTFers in London right now

Kudz
07-21-2005, 03:38 PM
The latest from the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm)

London blasts cause chaos on Tube

Police in protective clothing were deployed at the bus site
The Tube has been plunged into chaos and several stations evacuated after minor blasts on three trains and a bus.
Met Police chief Sir Ian Blair said three Tube lines were suspended but it was time London returned to normal.

The minor explosions - just two weeks after blasts killed 56 - involved detonators only, a BBC reporter said. There was only one injury.

Police sources say a number of fugitives are being sought. Two people were arrested in Whitehall.

Eyewitnesses heard bangs and saw abandoned rucksacks at the sites of the incidents at Warren Street, Shepherd's Bush Hammersmith and City line and Oval tube stations as well as the number 26 bus.

At Warren Street and Oval a man was seen running away from the scene.

A blast was also reported on a Number 26 bus in Bethnal Green.

There were no injuries and the bus suffered no structural damage.

Large areas around all four sites were cordoned off.

One person was injured at Warren Street. There were reports the injured person may have been holding a rucksack containing the detonator.

Sir Ian appealed for witnesses with mobile phone pictures of any of the incidents to send them to www.police.uk.

And he said it was "time to get London moving" again.

Prime Minister Tony Blair said: "We can't minimise incidents such as this because they obviously have been serious in the four different places as we know.

"I think all I'd like to say is this that we know why these things are done, they're done to scare people and to frighten them, to make them anxious and worried."

The BBC's Andrew Winstanley said devices had been found but appeared to have been dummies, containing no explosives.

Police said armed officers were deployed to University College Hospital after an incident. A large area was cordoned off, but the incident is now over.

There were reports a memo had been circulated to staff to look out for a 6ft 2in black or Asian man with wires sticking out of his top.

The hospital has not received any casualties or been alerted to casualties.

A man was arrested near Downing Street by armed police and led away down Whitehall.

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line, the Hammersmith and City line, Piccadilly and the Bakerloo line.

Police have set up cordons round the stations

A number of other stations were closed including Great Portland Street, Westminster, Waterloo, St Paul's and Oxford Circus tube stations, as well as Waterloo tube station and King's Cross Thameslink.

Tony Blair cancelled events in the afternoon and attended a meeting of the Cobra committee along with Sir Ian. Whitehall was briefly closed down.

London Underground went to an amber alert with trains taken to the next station and evacuated.

An eyewitness at Oval station said there had been a small bang, and a man had then run off when the Tube reached the station.

A spokesman for Stagecoach said the driver of the number 26 bus travelling through Shoreditch had heard a bang on upper deck, gone upstairs and seen the windows were blown out.

The bus driver was very shaken but said to be fine.

At Shepherd's Bush Hammersmith and City line station, police told reporters that a man had threatened to blow himself up and then ran off.

Sosiane Mohellavi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning. "Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

LaTenista
07-21-2005, 04:20 PM
:crying2: I lived on the Bakerloo line.

*Ljubica*
07-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Thanks for your kind words for us Londoners, Nimrodg, LaTenista and 1heartandy&roger :) Thank God I wasn't in the City this afternoon, as I had a Hospital appointment and had to take the afternoon off work, so I was a good way from the danger zone this time - wouldn't have fancied being right in the middle of an "incidenr" again after what happened at Edgware Road on 7th July. We just have to carry on as normal as best we can - if we don't then they have won. To be honest this one sounds like a bit of a bungled attempt by amateurs to me, but I haven't seen much of the News yet to find out more. Thanks again anyway.

sol
07-21-2005, 08:50 PM
I big :hug: to all the MTF from London. My sister was there so she’s working in the Imperial College. I’m so worried by those attacks, She’s fine, thanks God!.

allanah
07-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Thank God Sol :hug: It's amazing that no-one got hurt.

Kudz
07-22-2005, 10:03 AM
More events in London today......

Man shot by armed police on Tube

A man has been shot at Stockwell Tube station by armed police officers, police confirm.
Passengers were evacuated from a Tube train on the Northern Line station in south London after the incident.

Passenger Mark Whitby told BBC News he had seen an Asian man shot five times by "plain-clothes police officers".

Services on the Victoria and Northern lines have been suspended following a request by the police, London Underground said.

Police are hunting four would-be bombers after Thursday's London blasts.

The bombers fled after detonators went off, causing small blasts, but failed to detonate the bombs themselves.

Mr Whitby, told BBC News: "I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him."

Passenger Briony Coetsee said: "We were on the Tube and then we suddenly heard someone say, 'Get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots."

From the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm)