Monday scores and results [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Monday scores and results

freakske
03-03-2003, 04:58 PM
C. Mamiit(USA) - (8) X. Malisse(BEL) 4-4

freakske
03-03-2003, 05:05 PM
KOMAAN XAVIER! LoL so many people around in this forum
mmm.. like zero

freakske
03-03-2003, 05:08 PM
I hate it when there aren't live Scores!! :mad:!

freakske
03-03-2003, 05:12 PM
still 4-4? eny updates?

stijntje
03-03-2003, 05:12 PM
I want to know too...

freakske
03-03-2003, 05:19 PM
C. Mamiit(USA) - (8) X. Malisse(BEL) 7-6(5) - 1-1

freakske
03-03-2003, 05:20 PM
hey stijntje!
OMG XAVIER WHAT ARE YOU DOING????? FIGHT!NOW!!

freakske
03-03-2003, 05:36 PM
stijntje still here?

The new Belgiangirl
03-03-2003, 05:44 PM
No scores anymore?!
Come on, Xavier! You need some good results! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

freakske
03-03-2003, 05:48 PM
C. Mamiit(USA) - (8) X. Malisse(BEL) 7-6(5) - 3-4

freakske
03-03-2003, 06:08 PM
C. Mamiit(USA) - (8) X. Malisse(BEL) 7-6(5) - 5-5

freakske
03-03-2003, 06:14 PM
this looks so scary close!

Sjengster
03-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Indeed, by the looks of it there have been no breaks thus far, at least no decisive ones. But I hope Mamiit wins it, as it gives Dent a better chance of progressing to the quarterfinals provided he gets past Pavel in the first round. Go Cecil!

fleemke²
03-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Malisse already out :sad: 7-6 7-6

freakske
03-03-2003, 06:40 PM
C. Mamiit(USA) d. (8) X. Malisse(BEL) 7-6(5) - 7-6(3)
WHAT A BAD RESULT!

Sjengster
03-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Cecil :D

TennisHack
03-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Wow, first upset of the week . . .

Sjengster
03-03-2003, 06:56 PM
I suppose so, although when the X-Man takes to the court you never know what to expect. Honestly, some days if he doesn't feel like playing he will give the most dreadful performance out there and lose to a guy you'd always expect him to beat. I saw him play against Roddick in Basel last year, and while he was hardly expected to win that one, being down 0-5 in head-to-heads, the way he played that match... tanking is too mild a word for the kind of limp, apathetic effort that he produced. It was a sign of how mediocre Roddick's form was that the score still managed to look respectable at 6-4, 6-3.

hellbender
03-03-2003, 07:15 PM
T. Dent (USA) leads A. Pavel (ROM) 6-3

RogiFan
03-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Sjengster
I suppose so, although when the X-Man takes to the court you never know what to expect. Honestly, some days if he doesn't feel like playing he will give the most dreadful performance out there and lose to a guy you'd always expect him to beat. I saw him play against Roddick in Basel last year, and while he was hardly expected to win that one, being down 0-5 in head-to-heads, the way he played that match... tanking is too mild a word for the kind of limp, apathetic effort that he produced. It was a sign of how mediocre Roddick's form was that the score still managed to look respectable at 6-4, 6-3.

Hi Sjengster!

Until I saw Malisse in Wimby last year I didn't really know his game since I had never seen him play previously but I have to say that "they" have hyped him up quite a bit. I was curious to see for myself if he had what it takes to be up there w the big boys. I enjoyed his tennis but it's obviously his mental [dis]ability that holds him back... and he's never won a tournament. How old is he??

Go, Dent!!!;)

hellbender
03-03-2003, 07:55 PM
T. Dent (USA) d. A. Pavel (ROM) 6-3 7-5

Sjengster
03-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Hmm... I do like Pavel, but I'm glad that Denty has a chance to prove that he can do well at the bigger American events, not just the C-grade tournies like Newport and Memphis.

RF, Malisse is only 22 years of age, but there are others who haven't had nearly as long a career who have managed to grab themselves titles by now. I think only him, Nieminen and Kratochvil remain titleless, and until he manages to iron out his mental frailties I can't see him winning one anytime soon. It's interesting to see how often he is compared to Federer, having the same slick ponytailed appearance, the same abundance of talent and the same flowing, smooth shots, and yet look how their careers have diverged since Wimbledon last year. Also, Roger's crushing 6-1 head-to-head lead over Xavier is another sign of his superiority.

babydoll
03-03-2003, 08:10 PM
:sad: Xavier

RogiFan
03-03-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Sjengster
Hmm... I do like Pavel, but I'm glad that Denty has a chance to prove that he can do well at the bigger American events, not just the C-grade tournies like Newport and Memphis.

RF, Malisse is only 22 years of age, but there are others who haven't had nearly as long a career who have managed to grab themselves titles by now. I think only him, Nieminen and Kratochvil remain titleless, and until he manages to iron out his mental frailties I can't see him winning one anytime soon. It's interesting to see how often he is compared to Federer, having the same slick ponytailed appearance, the same abundance of talent and the same flowing, smooth shots, and yet look how their careers have diverged since Wimbledon last year. Also, Roger's crushing 6-1 head-to-head lead over Xavier is another sign of his superiority.

So of the 3, Xaxa, Micha and Jarkko, which is most likely to win his first tournament this year? I guess Jarkko has shown the most improvement and he's getting there... just don't know him well enough to know what's in his way. As for Micha, he just needs some more confidence to push him along -- and only more wins can do that for him... ;)

Another player I like is Robredo, and I really hope he can get his act together soon... he did so well last week -- hope that gives him confidence too!

Sjengster
03-03-2003, 08:17 PM
I'd say that Nieminen is definitely the closest, he's already reached three finals including two back to back clay-court events last year, where he has big points to defend (and losing to Nalbandian and Gaudio on clay is hardly something to be criticised). Of course, he should really have won the Stockholm final back in 2001 when he led 3-0 with a double break in the final set, but then he was playing against the Sjengster... whose powers of recovery know no bounds.

He seems to have a very good, complete groundstroke game including clever changes of pace, and I don't think he's that weak on the mental side, he's just run into better, tougher players at the crucial times. On the other hand Kratochvil has a definite mental weakness in his game, manifested in his double faults, and although he has an aggressive gameplan he often doesn't end up executing it successfully. Of course, not getting Hewitt in a final would certainly help....

lin
03-03-2003, 08:30 PM
OMG bad loss Xavier :mad: :sad:

well done Taylor :D

Enqvist-Agassi 2-2

come on Thomas :)

RaVeR
03-03-2003, 08:34 PM
go Agassi!

Sjengster
03-03-2003, 08:48 PM
I never knew you were an Agassi supporter, Bl@de - not that I'm criticising you for it, but out of interest do you have any dislike for Enqvist?

lin
03-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Enqvist-Agassi 6-6

Sanchez-Massu 1-3

TennisHack
03-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Sjengster
I'd say that Nieminen is definitely the closest, he's already reached three finals including two back to back clay-court events last year, where he has big points to defend (and losing to Nalbandian and Gaudio on clay is hardly something to be criticised). Of course, he should really have won the Stockholm final back in 2001 when he led 3-0 with a double break in the final set, but then he was playing against the Sjengster... whose powers of recovery know no bounds.

He seems to have a very good, complete groundstroke game including clever changes of pace, and I don't think he's that weak on the mental side, he's just run into better, tougher players at the crucial times. On the other hand Kratochvil has a definite mental weakness in his game, manifested in his double faults, and although he has an aggressive gameplan he often doesn't end up executing it successfully. Of course, not getting Hewitt in a final would certainly help....

Totally agree on all points, Sjengster. I was finally able to watch some of Jarkko vs Zhenya at the Australian Open and when he's on, Jarkko is tough. The only problem I'd see with his game/mental strength for the moment is the fact that when he's having an off day he doesn't know how to turn it around. He really shouldn't have lost that match vs Coria at the Aussie Open. He was just having an off day. But on the whole, he's made marked improvements this year and hopefully will be able to take his first title.

Michel needs some confidence. His game is there and remarkably, he didn't hit any double faults vs Kucera last week in Copenhagen so even that's starting to improve. Hopefully he will find a coach who can bring out the best in him. It really is too bad he met Potatoman in Tokyo in 2001 because that title could have been his for the taking . . .

GOOOO THOMAS!!!! :D

Sjengster
03-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Agassi has the first set 7-6, but that was a very long tiebreak; Enqvist up 1-0* in the second.

Awesome4hand
03-03-2003, 09:20 PM
What's the score now? Is it still 1-0 Enquist?

vaiva
03-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Fight Thomas! :D

Awesome4hand
03-03-2003, 09:35 PM
There must be a rain delay or sth... the scoreboard's been stuck for the last 15 mins

pofi
03-03-2003, 09:40 PM
enqvist 67 64 10 and serving

TennisHack
03-03-2003, 09:47 PM
C'MON THOMAS! :bounce:

pofi
03-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Thomas won 67 64 61

vaiva
03-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the score pofi :)

Thomas :D
Keep it up!

vaiva
03-03-2003, 09:55 PM
I was too late to respond :o

Unbelievable :D
Well done Thomas! :bounce:

Awesome4hand
03-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Oh Shites!! Agassi lost a set...

C'mon Agassi....u can't lose in the 1st round!

Awesome4hand
03-03-2003, 09:56 PM
You are kidding me! Agassi lost!
I knew I shouldn't have picked him.

Riley Finn
03-03-2003, 10:00 PM
now it's Heewee's turn to lose

lin
03-03-2003, 10:01 PM
OMG well done Thomas :D :D :D

Sjengster
03-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Is this serious? You're not kidding me? Because if it's true, then I provisionally announce the following:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The irony is, Blake'll probably take him care of him in the next round anyway....

TennisHack
03-03-2003, 10:04 PM
LOL Sjengster -- I'm just glad it'll keep him from #1 for just a bit longer (delaying the inevitable probably but its still damn sweet).

And good for James if he can beat Enqvy but if Thomas played this well it might be the beginning of his comeback . . . ?

TennisHack
03-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Dent d. Pavel 6-3, 7-5

RaVeR
03-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Andre:(whats happened???

Mr. Man
03-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Thomas ENQVIST (SWE) d. Andre AGASSI (USA) 6-7(6), 6-4, 6-1
:D :D :D :D Well done.

hellbender
03-03-2003, 10:42 PM
D. Sanchez(ESP) d. N. Massu(CHI) 3-6, 6-3, 6-4

lokon
03-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Thomas! :D He desperately needed a good quality win after his abyssmal start to the year

ktwtennis
03-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Way to go Thomas!!

hellbender
03-04-2003, 12:13 AM
F. Squillari(ARG) d. D. Sanguinetti(ITA) 6-3, 6-2

Scotso
03-04-2003, 12:13 AM
WD Thomas :D

muahahahahaha

hellbender
03-04-2003, 02:12 AM
J. Blake(USA) d. (Q) J. Gooding(USA) 6-2, 6-2

Lee
03-04-2003, 03:11 AM
Great job Thomas and James :bounce: :bounce:

Too bad you have to face each other next round :(

Lee
03-04-2003, 03:16 AM
It is interesting that Sanguinetti, instead of defending his title in Delray Beach, play in Scottsdale and losing in 1st round will cost him lots of ranking points.

Scotso
03-04-2003, 03:19 AM
Lleyton Hewitt/Mark Philippoussis def. David Nalbandian/Sebastian Prieto 6-3 4-6 6-1 :D

Chloe le Bopper
03-04-2003, 05:08 AM
It is interesting that Sanguinetti, instead of defending his title in Delray Beach, play in Scottsdale and losing in 1st round will cost him lots of ranking points.

Maybe he decided that this was the best way to prepare for Indian Wells.

Chloe le Bopper
03-04-2003, 05:09 AM
Why the heck is David not playing with Arnold? Grar at them

Awesome4hand
03-04-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by lokon
Thomas! :D He desperately needed a good quality win after his abyssmal start to the year

That is the understatement of the week lokon. Enquist has been playing some really poor tennis until today. Of all the players he has to beat, it had to be Agassi. There is no better way to revitalise yourself than to beat a top player. Good luck to him, if he can beat Blake in the next round, he'll be a good pick for Indian Wells.

Wojtek
03-04-2003, 06:02 AM
Andre :sad:

Jessi
03-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Thomas :D

TheBoiledEgg
03-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Thomas :) :)
he's got a pretty good record vs Andre

its now 5-4 Thomas :) :D

jirobkk
03-04-2003, 08:57 AM
You are back. :)
How are you ?
I hope you are fine and evreything is OK.
We are all miss you.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

lin
03-04-2003, 09:38 AM
James :D

King Aaron
03-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Thomas :bounce: :D :D :bounce: Well done!!!! :D
James :)
Taylor :)

What a great way for you to welcome Eggy back! ;)

Central
03-04-2003, 12:52 PM
:bounce: Thomas :bounce: