RCA Championships [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RCA Championships

tashanv
07-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Okay So Andy Got A Wild Card For The RCA Championships And In His First Round He Plays Flavio Saretta From Brazil And He Is Ranked 115.I DonT Know When They Play But I Hope Andy Wins!!!Oh Ya And If He Makes It To The Semis He Could Play Andy Roddick I Think.

revolution
07-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Good luck Andy

tennisgirl19
07-19-2005, 03:33 AM
http://www.rcatennis.com/home.htm -- Official Site

Good Luck Andy :bounce:

Aleksa's Laydee
07-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Flavios a clay courter....unless Andy is fatigued he'l win :D

Aleksa's Laydee
07-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Good Luck tonight Andy :D

tennisgirl19
07-19-2005, 10:35 PM
His match should be starting soon

:bounce:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
07-19-2005, 11:45 PM
c'mon andy, show him who you are! who the fu*k are you:p
choking:D

RidRed
07-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Game on!

RidRed
07-20-2005, 12:39 AM
J. Witten? What happened to Flavio? Don't know about J. Witten, can anyone help?

tennisgirl19
07-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Andy won the first set 6-4 :bounce:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
07-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Andrew Murray def. Witten to get into 150!!!

6-4 6-2

congrats and good luck for the next match:D

tennisgirl19
07-20-2005, 01:52 AM
Awesome :bounce:

An easy and convincing win. :woohoo:
Bring on his 2nd round opponent!

alex.2812
07-20-2005, 07:51 AM
who is he playing next?

jenanun
07-20-2005, 08:14 AM
mardy fish

alex.2812
07-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Murray: “Last month I’ve played really well. I started at Queen's and unfortunately hurt my ankle, then I played well at Wimbledon and won the challenger in California last week.

“I was a bit lethargic today during my match; when we got in yesterday, we had to fly through the night and I didn’t get much sleep.

“I didn’t play my best match today but I came through. I got some rest and hopefully will be better.”

On the second round: “I think I'll do ok. I was lethargic because I came to the club quite early and hung around quite a lot. I'll be able to plan my day a little better.”

Neely
07-20-2005, 12:49 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2005/indy_tuesday.asp
Earlier, Scotland’s Andy Murray improved to 6-3 at ATP level with a 6-4, 6-2 win over Brazilian Flavio Saretta. Murray, who reached the third round at Wimbledon, last week won the Challenger title in Aptos, California.

haha, even in articles that are published on ATP, they have not yet noticed that he didn't play against Saretta :haha: ---- :cuckoo: hilarious some writers!

Aleksa's Laydee
07-20-2005, 01:34 PM
:haha:^^^

Anyway Well Done ANDY :D:D:D

Aleksa's Laydee
07-20-2005, 01:35 PM
mardy fish

:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

tennisgirl19
07-20-2005, 04:52 PM
I like Mardy. :sad:

Good Luck to both men. :bounce:

AndyMurray
07-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Well he's already beat Taylor Dent at Queen's, another big serving American... Andy's service return is excellent and if Mardy isn't 100% confident on his volleys I think Andy's got a great chance.

Raquel
07-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Well done Andy :) good luck tonight :yeah:

tennisgirl19
07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
So far its 4-6, 6-4, 2-1 for Andy

tennisgirl19
07-20-2005, 10:39 PM
He lost :sad:

4-6, 6-4, 4-6

Tennis_Mad
07-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh well...he just lacked the experience and knwo how when it really mattered.

Aleksa's Laydee
07-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Poor Andy but hes been awesome recently no one should be sad hes done so well and he can only but get better! :)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
07-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Poor Andy but hes been awesome recently no one should be sad hes done so well and he can only but get better! :)
I'm only sad that you cheered for bastard mardy. :devil:

Aleksa's Laydee
07-20-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm only sad that you cheered for bastard mardy. :devil:

how immature :rolleyes:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
07-21-2005, 05:10 AM
i saw both matches. andy has a lot of growing up to do still... he did have his share of tantrums on the court. (but then again, so did mardy). i absolutely HATED watching the mardy/murray match. both players were bothering me, and murray wasn't at his best. he should have won the match. i also saw him practice. the person i was with said he kept looking at me during his 1st match. :hearts:

and i know you're all wondering if i have pics. YES i do have pics. i will share them when i get access to better internet. (hopefully tomorrow at work)

alex.2812
07-21-2005, 07:24 AM
thanks jmgsdoubsprtnr!
it's not a bad loss for anrew! he just doesn't know how to finish matchs.
where does he play next?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
07-21-2005, 07:54 AM
a challenger somewhere in USA or Canada I think then may asks for a WC at Montreal!

alex.2812
07-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Wild card Andy Murray lost his second round match here on Wednesday in the RCA Championships, falling to No. 16 seed Mardy Fish 6-4, 4-6, 6-4. Murray led 3-1 in the final set before the American came charging back to win five of the final six games.

Fish tied the match at 3-3 by breaking in the sixth game and then broke the 18-year-old Scot in the last game. Fish converted four of eight break points in the two hour and 11 minute match while Murray made three of 10 break points.

Murray, who climbed to a career-high No. 164 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking this week after winning his first career Challenger title last week in Aptos, California, returns to Challenger play next week in Granby, Canada before traveling on to Vancouver.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Fish: "He's a very good counter puncher and he passes well. He's a good, talented player and I am happy with the win."

Murray: "I thought I could have played better. It was very hot, and I think I dealt with that pretty well. I'm disappointed I lost."

Aleksa's Laydee
07-21-2005, 10:14 AM
i saw both matches. andy has a lot of growing up to do still... he did have his share of tantrums on the court. (but then again, so did mardy). i absolutely HATED watching the mardy/murray match. both players were bothering me, and murray wasn't at his best. he should have won the match. i also saw him practice. the person i was with said he kept looking at me during his 1st match. :hearts:

and i know you're all wondering if i have pics. YES i do have pics. i will share them when i get access to better internet. (hopefully tomorrow at work)

Lucky thing :p :p :wavey:

musefanatic
07-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, I was just thinking that too Siobhan. :D

Poor Andy, he'll bounce back I'm sure.

tennisgirl19
07-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Mardy just retired after 3 games in his match today. This makes me wish Andy would of won now. (btw, get better soon Mardy)

Hopefully, he will have lots of luck in his Challenger in Canada and then hopefully *my fingers are crossed* he'll come to the Challenger near me. :yeah: And hopefully a wildcard to Montreal.

@JMGS(sorry, I don't know your real name) that's so cool that Andy was staring at you. I am just glad you didn't distract him too much. :lol: I can't wait to see your photos!

Tennis_Mad
07-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Seems Andy prefers it in the States to at Winbledon.....a lot less pressue must be the difference.

From Official RCA site:

The RCA Championships have served as the Great Escape for Andy Murray after the hothouse conditions which marked his surprise appearance in the Wimbledon third round last month.
Bill Scott, Thursday, July 21
INDIANAPOLIS -- The RCA Championships have served as the Great Escape for Andy Murray after the hothouse conditions which marked his surprise appearance in the Wimbledon third round last month.

With the home pressure not a factor for the 18-year-old from Scotland at the Indianapolis Tennis Center, Murray was able to work on his game as he sampled the delights of one of the best of the ATP summer events.

British No. 3 Murray is happy to have earned a day or two of rest after putting up a major fight in a 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 second round losing effort against the more experienced Mardy Fish.

But his few days during his debut week in Indy left a vivid impression on the teenager who looks set to threaten at the top of the game in years to come.

"Over here, its better," admitted Murray, who has been impressed with the creature comforts on site.

Indy has long been noted for over-the-top gestures to players, including, in former years, a raffle for a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. But chances for golf, go-karting, unlimited video games and tickets for Indians baseball games go down well with Murray.

"It's absolutely unbelievable here," he said. "You stay at great hotels, you get to play in front of big crowds. There is internet in the players' lounge - everything."

Murray and his coach Mark Petchey, a former tour player, particularly appreciated the atmosphere on this Midwest sporting capital.

"It's best just to get away from it so I can concentrate on my tennis."

Murray arrived in Indy on Monday after catching the redeye from California after winning his first career Challenger title at the weekend in Aptos.

The teenager - even with a supply of youthful energy - admits that a 13-hour stretch of sleep upon an early morning arrival Monday might not have helped before he managed to trudge lethargically through an opening win.

Murray said that in future he'll do a bit more time management.

"I was lethargic because I came to the club quite early and hung around quite a lot. I'll hopefully be able to plan my days a little bit better."

"We had to fly through the night (Sunday) and I didn't get much sleep."

Murray will now travel to Canada for pair of Challengers as he works to improve his ranking.

While he not counting on a wild card into the U.S. Open main draw as the 2004 junior champion, he wouldn't turn down the offer if it was made. But for the hard-worker, nothing in the game can be taken for granted.

tennisgirl19
07-22-2005, 02:15 AM

jmgsdoubsprtnr
07-22-2005, 05:30 AM
you get to play in front of big crowds.

big crowds? i dont know what he's talking about, cause the 1st round crowd consisted of me, my cousin, the other player's family, and maybe 20 other people... as for the 2nd round match, the stadium was full of mardy fans, with only me, and 2 old people cheering for andy.

i'm glad he liked it though, and hope he comes back. during the 1st match, i thought he might not want to come back, he seemed to have some complaints (line calls, etc.) i hope to see him next year!

tennisgirl19
07-22-2005, 09:39 PM
big crowds? i dont know what he's talking about, cause the 1st round crowd consisted of me, my cousin, the other player's family, and maybe 20 other people... as for the 2nd round match, the stadium was full of mardy fans, with only me, and 2 old people cheering for andy.

:haha: