Don't you Hate People that Give you bad Rep because you gave it to them??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Don't you Hate People that Give you bad Rep because you gave it to them???

iliketennis
07-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Don't you hate people that give you bad rep just because you gave it to them. That is just spiteful and immature. :retard: I also hate it when people send offensive messages with their bad reputation points. Sometimes someone might even call you a "fuckass". Hear what I'm saying Chloe ;)

NATAS81
07-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Don't you hate people that give you bad rep just because you gave it to them. That is just spiteful and immature. :retard: I also hate it when people send offensive messages with their bad reputation points. Sometimes someone might even call you a "fuckass". Hear what I'm saying Chloe ;)
Whew! I saw the thread title and immediately alfonsojose came to mind!

He bad repped me for saying the truth, that Colombians are so passionate that they kill their country's soccer stars, or at least one anyway. So anyway, I bad repped his ass back because he can't handle the truth.

I bad rep back anybody anyway. lol

Isn't MTF/ the rep-system so much fun? :hearts:

The Pro
07-17-2005, 10:39 AM
That's why I'll never give bad rep- spread the love!

Bad rep's like a spank in the face. :retard:

Credit to sigmagirl I guess, I bad repped her and she didn't return it.

iliketennis
07-17-2005, 10:45 AM
I have only got two bad reps, and tons of good reps. Both of them were for stupid reasons, such as "I hate your IST game, I hope it fails" and Chloe's "fuckass" bad rep.

NATAS81
07-17-2005, 10:48 AM

Bravo! :clap2:

I spread the love anytime I can. I usually prefer to save one or two incase someone posts something really brilliant and I am in need of that extras boost to someone's reputation. Or if someone happens to disagree with me, I can pull out the whammy. :lol:

I like to use up all of my 10 reps though on occasion, otherwise I seem to run into jetlag and cannot use them when I am browsing at a specific time in a later day.

I love the badreps that include nothing, because you know they have nothing to say in defense, or the one smiley reps are also funny.

mitalidas
07-17-2005, 10:50 AM
bad reps.... why do you care? i simply dont care -never badrepped anyone. takes too much time and those people who badrep me are simply not worth my time for me to badrep!
its so fucking childish. "Oh you said something I dont like, i'm so frustrated, and all thats in my control is to badrep you". hahahaha go for it!!

Tatanka
07-17-2005, 10:51 AM
bad reps.... why do you care? i simply dont care -never badrepped anyone. takes too much time and those people who badrep me are simply not worth my time for me to badrep!
its so fucking childish. "Oh you said something I dont like, i'm so frustrated, and all thats in my control is to badrep you". hahahaha go for it!!

:yeah:

CooCooCachoo
07-17-2005, 10:52 AM
It depends if I bad-rep back or not :p Sometimes I good-rep back, sometimes I just let it go.

But it's just a case of what goes around comes around in most occasions I guess.

iliketennis
07-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I spread the love too. I think I've only ever given out 2 bad reps. I take pleasure out of complimenting people, not putting them down.

Oh, and I formally apologise to Chloe for saying that you can't change someone's opinion. Terribly sorry if you were offended.

The Pro
07-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Bravo! :clap2:

I spread the love anytime I can. I usually prefer to save one or two incase someone posts something really brilliant and I am in need of that extras boost to someone's reputation. Or if someone happens to disagree with me, I can pull out the whammy. :lol:

I like to use up all of my 10 reps though on occasion, otherwise I seem to run into jetlag and cannot use them when I am browsing at a specific time in a later day.

I love the badreps that include nothing, because you know they have nothing to say in defense, or the one smiley reps are also funny.

Well, I believe you. But do the others practice what they preach? Another board I go to has anonymous rep. People leave names with good rep but not with bad.

It's a bloodbath.

iliketennis
07-17-2005, 10:57 AM
My boards don't have an option to post messages or names with reps, but we are all so kind that no one has given out bad rep yet.

Ferrero Forever
07-17-2005, 11:01 AM
i'd give you a bad rep if i could....but no....the thing is disabled.

NATAS81
07-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Well, I believe you. But do the others practice what they preach? Another board I go to has anonymous rep. People leave names with good rep but not with bad.

It's a bloodbath.
How does that rep system work? I like the system in place here at MTF.

Is there a positive or negative rep?

I like the color system so it's easy to distinguish and leaves everything in the open, you know who it is and exactly what their complaint is.

I also like how people can determine exactly who the most repped people are, and how the number of rep points determines how heavy a good or bad rep is given out.

Anonymous reps are flimsy and doesn't give you a good description of what the other person is complaining about unless you have an alternative chat program to go to and iron things out, or a PM system.

MTF has everything, so I can't say I'm disappointed by anything.

That's probably why I'm about to motor past 10,000 posts and why I've stuck around so long. Coupled with the fact that games like vBetting and PAW are so addictive. Gotta love play money. :D

sigmagirl91
07-17-2005, 12:46 PM

I don't ever bad rep unless it's clearly deserved-and I don't return bad for bad.
And The Pro, you couldn't bad rep me properly due to the number of posts you had at the time, so it did nothing to me but make me laugh at the attempt.

sigmagirl91
07-17-2005, 12:49 PM
That's probably why I'm about to motor past 10,000 posts and why I've stuck around so long. Coupled with the fact that games like vBetting and PAW are so addictive. Gotta love play money. :D

You made 10K; congrats. Anyway, I've made 20K. Around this time back in February, I was at 8000 posts. In five months, I made over 12000 posts, so you know....

Neely
07-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Don't you hate people that give you bad rep just because you gave it to them.
Well, deal with it if you need to bad rep ;)

GermanBoy
07-17-2005, 02:52 PM

Well, Chloe is the dumbest and cheapest person I have ever met... :o :rolleyes:

HappyAndie
07-17-2005, 11:09 PM
I got a bad rep today because of my avvy. "nadal is ugly"

I am so tempted to give them a bad rep. back. They are welcome to their opinion, but, I mean, how do they even know that I disagree with them?

disturb3d
07-17-2005, 11:18 PM
I got a bad rep today because of my avvy. "nadal is ugly"Haha... Yeah, I remember reading through your blog or whatever, and you said Nadal wasn't much to look at.

HappyAndie
07-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Yeah. He has nice arms and he is adorable in interviews. Other than that, my liking for him is strictly his tennis.

As far as the bad rep goes, at first I was thinking, "WTF?" and was mad, but now I think it is just bizarre and almost funny. : ) I can't stay mad long.

Nikki♥
07-18-2005, 08:14 AM
I never bad rep anyone unless he or she has bad repped me without a proper reason. I'm such a lovely person, I like returning favors. ;) When there was a nasty comment coming along with the bad rep (I love them because they are usually so immature) I sometimes even reward the person with a good rep for making me laugh so hard that I almost peed in my pants.

Chloe le Bopper
07-18-2005, 09:06 AM
I only call people a "fuckass" when they are begging for it. I don't understand why people troll and post obnoxious things and then wonder why somebody calls it for what it is. Well, except for the times when people post things so absurd that I think they must be trolling when in fact they are being dead serious... well, those people blow my mind and I prefer not to speak of them.

As for you, iliketennis... my "fuckass" comment was in response to you bad repping me for a comment that was written in January and had nothing to do with your rep comment whatsoever. GOod rep, bad rep, it's all the same to me. But when it makes no bloody sense I'm none too pleased.

I'm thrilled that I inspired a thread because of this.

Chloe le Bopper
07-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I spread the love too. I think I've only ever given out 2 bad reps. I take pleasure out of complimenting people, not putting them down.

Oh, and I formally apologise to Chloe for saying that you can't change someone's opinion. Terribly sorry if you were offended.
I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic. ;) Either way :yeah: