Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

El Legenda
07-16-2005, 07:06 PM
as talked about before. they don't like Ivan because he was not born in Croatia and his mom is not Croatian, he's dad is..and over there, since the War of 1991..thats a big deal, they judge people cuz of religion, Ivan was born in Bosnia and his mom is Bosina, as most of him close family,

So i say to those people who still give shiitt about something that happend 14years ago ( the war) GO FU**CK YOU SELF.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
07-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Sigh.It's definitely not fair to Ivan. :sad: Don't they fuckhead know he patriot plays for Croatia? :timebomb: He plays better in DC at least 2 times but still no credit for him. :rolleyes: Because of his extraction they dislike your cousin (really?) that is detestable. http://www.les-smileys.com/smiley/Smiley/Violent/rocketwhore.gif (http://www.les-smileys.com)

Ivan you are a great player no matter where you come from. http://www.les-smileys.com/smiley/Smiley/Musique/0056.gif (http://www.les-smileys.com)

linus
07-17-2005, 07:17 AM
as talked about before. they don't like Ivan because he was not born in Croatia and his mom is not Croatian, he's dad is..and over there, since the War of 1991..thats a big deal, they judge people my religion, Ivan was born in Bosnia and his mom is Bosina, as most of him close family,BOSNA

:hug: dear, i never heard of it, so sorry to know that :confused:

i like him for a long time, he plays so well and full of confidence, just like a true man and i saw his bride in pix, i pray for them with my sincere desire :kiss: :kiss:

and if he received so much unfair, omg, i :hug: him, would like to give him more supports :hug: :hug: and i think he will be stronger no matter where is the court or not http://bestsmileys.com/zapped/2.gif

and dear, you are good too http://bestsmileys.com/magic/3.gif

smarty06
09-01-2005, 06:14 PM
So i say to those people who still give shiitt about something that happend 14years ago ( the war) GO FU**CK YOU SELF.

i couldnt agree with you more. but you would be surprised at the number of people who still do give a shit. theyre pathetic

Johny
10-13-2005, 11:58 PM
as talked about before. they don't like Ivan because he was not born in Croatia

My God you are soooooooo wrong :rolleyes:

mini155
10-15-2005, 05:51 PM
My God you are soooooooo wrong :rolleyes:

Do you think that he is wrong about the fact that they donīt like him, or just about the reason??? And before you say that Croatian people like him, think of the situation before everybody realised that Ivan is winning the Davis Cup for Croatia....

Johny
10-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Do you think that he is wrong about the fact that they donīt like him, or just about the reason??? And before you say that Croatian people like him, think of the situation before everybody realised that Ivan is winning the Davis Cup for Croatia....

I think that he is wrong about the fact that we don't like him.

I read all the articles about tennis in Croatian newspapers and watch TV and I NEVER heard or read anything bad about Ivan. And I speak with a lot of people about tennis and I also never heard anything bad about him.
We always liked him (before Davis Cup and now).

El Legenda
10-15-2005, 06:32 PM
I think that he is wrong about the fact that we don't like him.

I read all the articles about tennis in Croatian newspapers and watch TV and I NEVER heard or read anything bad about Ivan. And I speak with a lot of people about tennis and I also never heard anything bad about him.
We always liked him (before Davis Cup and now).

well no shit, its not like they will say it in papers or TV,

Johny
10-15-2005, 06:41 PM
well no shit, its not like they will say it in papers or TV,

Well, I also speak with people about tennis (a lot of my friends watch tennis) and I never ever heard anything bad about Ivan.
You don't live here so I think you cannot say how we feel about him (although you are his cousin - I have cousin in teh USA but I don't know what people think about him ;) ).

El Legenda
10-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, I also speak with people about tennis (a lot of my friends watch tennis) and I never ever heard anything bad about Ivan.
You don't live here so I think you cannot say how we feel about him (although you are his cousin - I have cousin in teh USA but I don't know what people think about him ;) ).

but i talk to him.

mini155
10-15-2005, 06:44 PM
You donīt have to live in Croatia to notice that pretty much everybody likes Ancic more than Ljubicic...

Johny
10-15-2005, 06:52 PM
You donīt have to live in Croatia to notice that pretty much everybody likes Ancic more than Ljubicic...

liking Mario more does not mean disliking Ivan (BTW. I like Ivan more) :)

but i talk to him.

Would you be so king to tell us examples of croatina people disliking Ivan? Give me some evidence! In sports newspapers and articles you can find nothing but utmost adoration and admiration for his play and his hard life (being refugee from Banja Luka).

lovemario
10-15-2005, 07:24 PM

Thank you!! You just said the point of it all!

See that's what this is all about,because mario is more popular-that means people dont like Ivan :haha:Give me a break.

Is Ivan called national hero because everyone hates him?:haha:

It's not mario's fault that he's more popular,not only in croatia; but that certainly doesnt mean that Ivan is not liked

mini155
10-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Thank you!! You just said the point of it all!

See that's what this is all about,because mario is more popular-that means people dont like Ivan :haha:Give me a break.

Is Ivan called national hero because everyone hates him?:haha:

It's not mario's fault that he's more popular,not only in croatia; but that certainly doesnt mean that Ivan is not liked

OK, what I meant is that they like Mario more, despite of Ivanīs better reasults... And yes, NOW he is called the national hero, but before he was winning the DC almost all by him self, he wasnīt even near anything like a national hero...

lovemario
10-15-2005, 07:46 PM
So what if he has better results,results are not always going with the popularity

He wasnt nat hero but he wasnt disliked,it's just sth rducky is trying to convince himself at. He was not everywhere in the press like now, but is normal, things happen abt him and he's everywhere,hope it will keep like that!

El Legenda
10-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Im not trying to convince anything geeez cant you get that. its not everyone person in Croatia, its people in Croatian Tennis Fed.

lovemario
10-15-2005, 07:51 PM
You're convincing yourself,and talking bad abt sth you're not sure(yes,you talk to Ivan good for you,I'm sure he gives away his secrets to you)
Get it to your head once and for all IVAN IS VERY MUCH LIKED IN CROATIA!

El Legenda
10-15-2005, 07:52 PM
You're convincing yourself,and talking bad abt sth you're not sure(yes,you talk to Ivan good for you,I'm sure he gives away his secrets to you)
Get it to your head once and for all IVAN IS VERY MUCH LIKED IN CROATIA!

right.........

lovemario
10-15-2005, 07:54 PM
yes right!!!
And nothing more to discuss with you

El Legenda
10-15-2005, 07:56 PM
yes right!!!
And nothing more to discuss with you

you dont even know half the story, and act like you do.

lovemario
10-15-2005, 08:00 PM
No but you do of course,as well as you know everything else

mini155
10-15-2005, 08:06 PM
So what if he has better results,results are not always going with the popularity

He wasnt nat hero but he wasnt disliked,it's just sth rducky is trying to convince himself at. He was not everywhere in the press like now, but is normal, things happen abt him and he's everywhere,hope it will keep like that!

But RDucky has a point... I know it myself, because Iīm half Bosnian and there are people that judge by where you come from... And believe me, it isnīt always easy to handle, when somebody is mean to you, just because of your name, religion or nationality....

Johny
10-15-2005, 10:10 PM
you dont even know half the story, and act like you do.

Then, by all means, share that story with us. If you badmouth someone (croatian people in this case) you have to give some evidence.

Thrust me, Ivan is now national hero and nobody disliked him even before Davis Cup!!!

:hearts: :kiss: :worship: WE LIKE IVAN :worship: :kiss: :hearts:

Johny
10-15-2005, 10:13 PM
But RDucky has a point... I know it myself, because Iīm half Bosnian and there are people that judge by where you come from... And believe me, it isnīt always easy to handle, when somebody is mean to you, just because of your name, religion or nationality....

I know what you mean :hug:

But, thrust me, I never heard anyone saying anything bad about Ivan because he is from Banja Luka.

And ducky mentioned tennis federation. Does tennis federation equals "some/alot of Croatian" like he said in thread title?

lovemario
10-16-2005, 01:07 AM

I was born in bosnia too,so what?
It's not what others say,it's if you know who you are. Not everybody judges people on religion and nationality,some people justlik eto generalize things based on their own experience,and that is just uneliveable.

mofo
10-24-2005, 09:07 PM
prica vam je totalno glupa, ali nevjerovatno glupa!

lovemario
10-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Pa si ti došao da nas prosvijetliš s nečim pametnim