ABOUT MTF'S POPULARITY CONTEST...... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ABOUT MTF'S POPULARITY CONTEST......

Denaon
07-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Since I have received several requests and comments from posters who are listed and want to be removed from this "popularity contest" I decided to post my reason and thought about it.

I totally agree that this might make certain people uncomfortable,for the reasons they have, whichever they might be. As many of you know, I start threads for fun, I don't want to state nothing there, they're usually abut silly stuff (yeah, I'm bored to death at work and I spend a lot of time in MTF) With this I want to apologise to those that I put into the weird position to ask me to be removed.

I started this with the idea of putting Top 100 players but I thought that posters would like it better with other poster :shrug: not with the idea of a real contest. Like I said before, noone here will win a prize or be our spiritual leader, not even will receive vCash for this. However being "popular" (which I didn't think ppl would take seriously by this threads) is not an easy subject.

That's probably why I think that it will be a great idea not to continue with this. I'll see in six days (with the removal of ppl and end of the polls) what will happen with them.

Maybe with a better mood I can start with the one for players :D (I know I said I was not starting threads anymore, but I say now I won't start threads too much frequently :lol: ).

Thansk everybody!! :wavey:

PS:For the ones that felt sad, or mad about this. I'm sorry.

D.

GermanBoy
07-16-2005, 07:42 PM
:wavey: Daniel, I think some people take this too seriously... :p

sol
07-16-2005, 08:02 PM
:wavey: Daniel, I think some people take this too seriously... :p
I feel very embarrassed for that even if it's only a joke.. sorry.

Thanks to everyone that voted for me. :hug:

GermanBoy
07-16-2005, 08:04 PM
No, it was not a joke. Why should I joking. It is just a fun game. Daniel has explained why he started it. I really don`t understand the problem and please don`t be mad at me for that...

sol
07-16-2005, 08:05 PM
No, it was not a joke. Why should I joking. It is just a fun game. Daniel has explained why he started it. I really don`t understand the problem and please don`t be mad at me for that...

I'm not mad.. I'm just embarrassed.

Edit:
I meant joke like a fun game

Denaon
07-16-2005, 09:54 PM
No prob Sol ;)

Alex, thanks :smooch:
But after starting this thread you can notice how different we all are :D

I♥PsY@Mus!c
07-16-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm not mad.. I'm just embarrassed.

Edit:
I meant joke like a fun game

You are not that embarrassed coz you got many votes. ;) But I ain't.

Actually I'm sure I feel fun if my name is not on the list.I never be the top player in other polls in other forums as well,so I know my level of the popularity.And I feel anxious about my results,on one side I can't win and don't prefer to win this round,on the other side I don't want to lag behind too much.But alright,I will be eliminated from the competition very soon. :crazy::woohoo::yippee:

Denaon,no need to apologize, :hug: you aren't wrong,I think too much and I need to express my views.

Denaon
07-16-2005, 10:05 PM

Actually I'm sure I feel fun if my name is not on the list.I never be the top player in other polls in other forums as well,so I know my level of the popularity.And I feel anxious about my results,on one side I can't win and don't prefer to win this round,on the other side I don't want to lag behind too much.But alright,I will be eliminated from the competition very soon. :crazy::woohoo::yippee:

Denaon,no need to apologize, :hug: you aren't wrong,I think too much and I need to express my views.

Thx, I know what you mean.

I sincerely would not pay too much attention to it.. I mean, I bet you're a great girl no matter how many people do rmeber from reading your posts.. in my case I doubt both of us posted in the same threads very much...I could even don't know you (I know you btw)

Take me for instance, if you look at my group, I had I dunno, like 30 votes out of 66, half the people that voted there has not chosen me as one of their fave posters....but what the heck....who cares, it's about having fun and I am included in the list....

Thanks again hun! :kiss:

sol
07-16-2005, 10:38 PM

I guess that you're a nice girl beside the result of this poll.

Sorry again, Den! :hug:

Haute
07-16-2005, 11:06 PM
No spiritual leader? Well that's a deal breaker for me then... ;) :p

This is just for fun, and I can see why some people might be offended or embarassed by it. And if those people do not want to participate that is fine, but if the rest of us have no problem with it, why should it be discontinued?

sigmagirl91
07-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Since I have received several requests and comments from posters who are listed and want to be removed from this "popularity contest" I decided to post my reason and thought about it.

I totally agree that this might make certain people uncomfortable,for the reasons they have, whichever they might be. As many of you know, I start threads for fun, I don't want to state nothing there, they're usually abut silly stuff (yeah, I'm bored to death at work and I spend a lot of time in MTF) With this I want to apologise to those that I put into the weird position to ask me to be removed.

I started this with the idea of putting Top 100 players but I thought that posters would like it better with other poster :shrug: not with the idea of a real contest. Like I said before, noone here will win a prize or be our spiritual leader, not even will receive vCash for this. However being "popular" (which I didn't think ppl would take seriously by this threads) is not an easy subject.

That's probably why I think that it will be a great idea not to continue with this. I'll see in six days (with the removal of ppl and end of the polls) what will happen with them.

Maybe with a better mood I can start with the one for players :D (I know I said I was not starting threads anymore, but I say now I won't start threads too much frequently :lol: ).

Thansk everybody!! :wavey:

PS:For the ones that felt sad, or mad about this. I'm sorry.

D.

It's OK, Dan. I totally understand that it was all done in fun. No offense taken from my end.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
07-16-2005, 11:15 PM
i'd love to see this keep going... i want to see what people think of me. i probably won't win, but i think it's fun.

CooCooCachoo
07-16-2005, 11:32 PM
It was all pointless fun.

And if it's pointless, that means there's also no point in taking offense to this. Really, I thought it was not all that interesting myself, but I don't see how this would 'hurt' people.

Lizan
07-16-2005, 11:45 PM
I like it!! :) :bounce:

:bounce: Denaon!! :)

sol
07-16-2005, 11:53 PM
No spiritual leader? Well that's a deal breaker for me then... ;) :p

This is just for fun, and I can see why some people might be offended or embarassed by it. And if those people do not want to participate that is fine, but if the rest of us have no problem with it, why should it be discontinued?

I'm not saying that it should be discontinued. I'm not offended.
OK...
have fun... ;)

Haute
07-17-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm not saying that it should be discontinued. I'm not offended.
OK...
have fun... ;)

Denaon had said in his first post that he was considering discontinuing the game. ;)

Éowyn
07-17-2005, 03:13 AM
wait denaon you mean if i beat you in the 1st round i don't get to be your spiritual leader???? im heart broken i wanted to lead you spirtually into the unknown i'm heartbroken

seriously though!
i wouldn't worry about it hun! i udnerstand some people may not want to be involved but with all due respecr others do! if some people honestly wish to be removed then at the end of the first round remove them! i remember when the one last year happened and i wasn't init and i found it fun to watch and see what happened and this year i am in it and i feel the exact same way i think it's a laugh! everyone know sit's not serious and people are voting for their mates and people who like the same players as them, it's just a joke and a bit of fun and god knows the way the worlds going at the moment we could do with some of them

and of course for those of us that lose we can always sit back and relax and think that the mtf world is just like the real world where the wrong people win the votes all time *cough* bush *cough* blair *cough*

willie
07-17-2005, 04:26 AM

The idea of doing this same game but with the top 100 players wasnt bad :)

NATAS81
07-17-2005, 06:35 AM
So basically the winners are those who spend the most time in non-tennis.

Denaon
07-17-2005, 08:16 AM
The idea of doing this same game but with the top 100 players wasnt bad :)
Well, yeah maybe it's not a bad idea at all :D

I dunno if I will continue with it; i've not made up my mind about it yet...
Just in case, anybody in the list interested to be out, please PM me thanks ;)

SuperFurryAnimal
07-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Denaon! :hug: I think it's just fun, like most of the threads on this forum. People, don't take this seriously, it's just plane fun! Well done for Denaon to come up with so many new and fun threads! :yeah:

By the way, I was kind of suprised to be in this poll... :)

Pancakesong
07-18-2005, 10:53 AM
I think it's kinda fun to see who is the most 'popular', although such a poll never will show how it is, not everyone votes, and there are veryp popular ppl who just don't have much reppoints..

Denaon
07-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Ok, it seems that most of the posters expressed they are interested in the continuation of the Popularity "Contest". That's why I'm gonna describe next rounds up to the Final Round.:

After the 5 posters advancing next round are chosen, groups will be reunited into 5 of 10 posters each with the following criteria:
Groups #1 & #10, Groups #2 & #9, Groups #3 & #8, Groups #4 & #7 and finally Groups #5 & #6 together.

From that 5 groups (50 posters) only half the posters will pass to the next round.
When we reach the 25 contestans stage, posters will be redistributed accordingly to their "seed" position into 5 semifinal groups again, f.i.: Group #1: 1-16-35-50-60; Group #2: 3-18-48-55-70 and so on. But this time only first two leading posters of each group will make it to the Final Round.

Final Round: One group consisted in 10 finalist posters and from them we'll get the MOST POPULAR POSTER of 2005!!

Whatcha think? :bounce:

PS: I dunno if continuing with a 7 days poll is a great idea, I'll see what happens until Friday with votes and evaluate to make a shorter Poll. ;)

Haute
07-19-2005, 05:57 AM
Any chance for a wildcard run-off for those who finish 6th and 7th? :p

Carlita
07-19-2005, 07:10 AM
:wavey: Daniel!

I think it's pointless, like CooCoo said...but, as long as you don't show who voted for who (unless people post that), it's also some harmless fun.

No one is pointing a gun at your head saying you HAVE TO VOTE/PLAY. And yeah, it could make you feel uncomfortable. :o Or maybe even worse if people hardly vote for you. Just don't take it too seriously and see it as a bit of fun! :D
:hug:

its.like.that
07-19-2005, 07:20 AM
So basically the winners are those who spend the most time in non-tennis.
lol... pretty much, I haven't even heard of half the people, I wouldn't recognise them if they bumped into me on the street :lol::lol::lol:.

if you wanna win natas, you have to start talking crap, and giving out fake compliments about people's shoe size, or whatever crap people post in non-tennis... :lol:

NINA_BCN
07-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Any chance for a wildcard run-off for those who finish 6th and 7th? :p

I think I'll need an extra wildcard. :lol:

Daniel, keep going with this kind of polls!!!!! :yeah:

Purple Rainbow
07-19-2005, 12:11 PM
A popularity poll, grand slam format, has been done before. For some reason, it was taken way too serious by several posters. Expect the same this time, Denaon!

Denaon
07-19-2005, 01:32 PM
A popularity poll, grand slam format, has been done before. For some reason, it was taken way too serious by several posters. Expect the same this time, Denaon!
:lol: I didn't know, that's a relief :lol:

Denaon
07-21-2005, 04:17 PM
If you haven't voted yet and it's your intention to do so ;), you have 24 hours to submit your votes...the polls are closing tomorrow at this time aprox. :D

Daniel
07-22-2005, 02:34 AM
Denaon :kiss: