CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE! CHILE vs. Pakistan [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE! CHILE vs. Pakistan

NicoFan
07-16-2005, 04:13 PM
An article in lun.com about plans for preparing for the Davis Cup tie against Pakistan in September.

I'm totally against this 10 days before thing - not that I have a voice in it...lol!

Nico has to think of himself first - he's got 1000 points to defend this summer (which is totally monstrous), and while I hope he wins, chances are that he will lose ground in the rankings. Nico has to play every tournament between now and the end of the year - he can't miss a tournament after the US Open just to prepare for Davis Cup. And its unfair to ask him too. If he loses too much ground, he won't be able to get into the Masters Series events in Madrid and Paris - both places where he has points to defend.

There is the Romania tournament just before Davis Cup - its a lightweight tournament that he has a chance to win or be the finalist for - I woulld like to see him there. And ditto after Davis Cup - no staying to celebrate. He needs to get to Palermo - another tournament with not many heavy hitters that he can again win or be a finalist at.

Unfortunately after the fiasco surrounding the DC vs. Russia where he was (wrongly) accused of faking his injury in order not to play because of Horacio, he'll probably be forced into the 10 day thing. :mad:

Its a shame that he'll be asked to sacrifice like this when Pakistan should be such a slam dunk tie for Chile.

But just my humble opinion. ;)

From lun.com:

The captain wants to include the tennis players 10 days before the match and to call to a pair of youthful.

Since last week, the captain of the consensus is designed to his new works. "I communicated with Nicolas Massú and this week I went to converse with Fernando González", account. Besides it explains that, a month before the encounter, there will be payroll and will define their coaching body: "could be five players, more two of projection. I would like to see, for example, in what level is Jorge Aguilar".

-¿When would like to have the players?

-Some ten days before would be good. We are favorite, but not one must trust. Playing in the court central is not easy. Is in a pit, feels a lot of the pressure, the rowboats are different. They have played there, but créeme that is not the same thing by Davis Cup. Therefore we have to see if are going to want the slow court and all that.

-¿What activities has in agenda?

-I want to go some days al US Open, to obtain me videos of the Pakistanis and to work hard with them. One must win yes or yes.

*Ljubica*
07-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Argentina do the same thing Nico - something about creating Team spirit and pulling together and all that. Personally I'm against it too - David is doing great over in Australia at the moment and I'm happy for him, but in order to play for Argentina in this DC he has sacrificed ALL the Summer tourneys and won't play any ATP tournaments between Wimbledon and Cincinatti :rolleyes: So, in effect, havng struggled back into the Top 10 after Wimby, he will drop straight back out again just because he hasn't participated in any events for 5 weeks.

I have no idea how Nico feels on this issue, but if he is like David then he will give up the points etc without blinking, because Davis Cup seems to be so much more of a big deal in South America than it is in the States or England or many other parts of Europe. Remembering his pride during the Olympics I would imagine that he'll be prepared for the "sacrifice" to help his country just as David is. I personally think it's totally unfair for players to be put in that kind of position out of "patriotism", but I know David is happy to do it and I kind of get the feeling Nico would be too.

NicoFan
07-16-2005, 06:54 PM
I didn't realize that David had given up all those tournaments. Crazy. And sad that he'll drop out of the top ten - a place he very much belongs - he should be like 5, 6 in the world with his talent. But I'm watching him play doubles as I type this because I didn't see it last night, and am totally proud of him. He played awesome against Arthurs, and now in doubles, well I just didn't realize that David was such a good doubles player. And you can tell he's totally psyched up, how much it means to him.

And yes, Nico will gladly sacrifice to win for Chile. Like you, I just feel that he shouldn't have to make the choice - not Chile's fault or his fault - there's got to be a better way to schedule DC. And I love DC - never want to see it disappear, but also don't want Nico to be ranked 60 something at the end of the year, and not get into Madrid or Paris. :sad:

Last weekend, I copied the Olympics doubles match for a friend, and thought as I was watching it how much Nico really sacrificed then. He could have say silver is fine for the doubles, I want my gold in the singles, and not played hard. But he didn't - he was running around, pumping up Fena like a little cheerleader...lol! There was a very real chance that by doing so that it would cost him the gold in singles, but he still did.

That's why I love the boy - good heart, very loyal person. :hug:

*Ljubica*
07-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Yes - I agree, and I remember sitting here and watching the Olympics on TV last year and cheering him and Feña on. One of my girlfriends was at the Olympics and became a lifelong fan of Team Chile after seeing them play :) I haven't seen David's doubles match yet because British TV aren't showing that tie :sad:, but a good friend of mine has taped it for me and she promises me it will be on it's way to me next week along with some of his match against Wayne Arthurs :) Hopefully his slip from the Top 10 will only be temporary as he has no points to defend in Cinci or Canada Masters' this year (he was injured for them last year),

revolution
07-16-2005, 10:39 PM
-I want to go some days al US Open, to obtain me videos of the Pakistanis and to work hard with them. One must win yes or yes.

Regardless of the surface, Chile would spank Pakistan everywhere. Seriously how OTT can people get!

+alonso
07-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Nico can't do that... no 10 days.. nicofan is right.. there are so many point to defend and joey is right too.. pakistan will not defeat chie this year .. :rolleyes: so i think nico has to practice in euro-clay and a little rest before DC.
:D

Fergie
09-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Only 2 weeks!!!

NicoFan
09-07-2005, 02:50 PM
We need to come up with a better thread name than Davis Cup: Chile vs. Pakistan - my fault - my title is too boring...lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas?

Fergie
09-07-2005, 04:14 PM
We need a VIVA CHILE here! :angel:

NicoFan
09-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Is that okay?

NicoFan
09-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Well kind of the same as Fernando's board but that's okay...amigos, teammates, both will take CHILE back to the world group!!

Fergie
09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Now is better! :yeah:

+alonso
09-08-2005, 02:34 AM
:woohoo: :lol:

NicoFan
09-15-2005, 01:23 PM
FYI - Nico and Fernando start practice today at 11:00 a.m. Chile time.

Buena suerte to the chicos!

NicoFan
09-15-2005, 07:00 PM
I can't wait for there to be news on the boys and Davis Cup...its too quiet here... :sad:

Hey we need reports and pictures from the Chileans going to watch them practice.. ;) ;) ;)

+alonso
09-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Feña practised in the morning and Nico will do it now :p till 3 Pm

NicoFan
09-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Feña practised in the morning and Nico will do it now :p till 3 Pm

Thanks for the info Alonso!

How come they didn't practice togther? That's kind of sad... :sad:

+alonso
09-15-2005, 08:45 PM
I don't know :shrug:
Maybe They will tomorrow ;)
The journalist said Nico was in a great form for DC :yeah: He looks healthy :p
Feña too :yeah: Very good serve ;)

NicoFan
09-16-2005, 07:44 PM
HOLA FERGIE, ALONSO, GONZOFAN! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Desperately need your spanish/english skills. :eek:

What's - un tiron??? Its translating to "tug" - that's not right. Do you know what's wrong with Nico???? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

From latercera.cl:

The Chilean team complied a new practice looking al clash before Pakistan, of the next week, where the worry put it a small inconvenience of Nicolas Massú.

"Is a tug that have time ago, as three months. There are days that hurts me more, but in general I am in perfect conditions for the clash", explained the "Vampire".

In turn, Fernando González referred al state of the court of the Court Central: "Is good, although i would like that was slower and wet, that gave less rowboat".

GonzoFan
09-17-2005, 01:19 AM
A pic from today's practice

Fergie
09-17-2005, 01:25 AM
What's - un tiron??? Its translating to "tug" - that's not right. Do you know what's wrong with Nico???? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Tug is the right translation ... But seems like Nico is fine, or at least he plays with the problem for some time ago

GonzoFan
09-17-2005, 03:42 AM
here are two more pics from today's practice ;)

GonzoFan
09-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Today I went to DC pratice
Nico played one mini singles match with Gonzo ... the score was 7-5 for Gonzo and 6-4 for Nico then they played doubles against Parada and Aguilar (chilean tennis players) and Nico and Feña won 6-4 I think ... but I'm not sure because I started taking pictures and I didn't pay attention to the score :o :lol:
Nico kept yelling at himself when he hit some balls to net or out and also when he serve didn't work at one time he yelled "SOY UN PAYASO!" (I'm a clown) but he was also smiling in some moments and joking around with Feña esp when they were playing doubles ... Nico and Feña began to make fun of Parada and Aguilar because they missed a point :lol:

here are some pics ;)
In the forum of Feña you can see more pics from when they were playing doubles ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
09-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Nice pix,GonzoFan. ;)
His black outfit is great. :rocker:

NicoFan
09-19-2005, 02:21 AM
GonzoFan - love the pictures! You must have had a wonderful time!

And lucky you - got your picture taken with Fernando! How great!

*Ljubica*
09-19-2005, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the pics GonzoFan. Don't know about you but sometimes I prefer practice sessions to watching matches................ ;)

NicoFan
09-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the pics GonzoFan. Don't know about you but sometimes I prefer practice sessions to watching matches................ ;)

I definitely prefer watching practice sessions! :)

The guys are more relaxed, smiling all the time, joking around in between working hard. During matches, they're always yelling and looking angry or miserable, and I'm a nervous wreck watching them...lol! :D

Sparko1030
09-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the report and the great pictures Gonzofan! :wavey: Its great you're able to be there and tell us about the guys.

And Nicofan-How could you forget to mention one of the main reasons you prefer to watch practice???? The possibility of a shirtless Nico!!! (should it be hot enough out!) :devil:

NicoFan
09-19-2005, 05:58 PM
And Nicofan-How could you forget to mention one of the main reasons you prefer to watch practice???? The possibility of a shirtless Nico!!! (should it be hot enough out!) :devil:

You caught me... :angel:

I should be ashamed of myself objectifying that poor boy like I do... ;) ;) ;)

Sparko1030
09-19-2005, 07:00 PM
You caught me... :angel:

I should be ashamed of myself objectifying that poor boy like I do... ;) ;) ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean-I feel a little guilty too but then it occured to me that unlike women, most men would enjoy being objectified! So....we're really doing him a favor! (and that is called a rationalization!) :aplot:

kidnicky
09-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Once again thanks GonzoFan for the pics and so happy that you got your pic with Feña, good for you! ;)

And the reason of why NicoFan preffers watching Nico practicing than watch him play is 'cause he's more relaxed and smiling??? yeah right!! :rolleyes:

so that's why we saw a close up of Nico's back while he was sitting in his chair during a practice at the USO??? oh shame shame on me that with my sick mind I thought that NicoFan loved the practices 'cause Nico was shirtless all the time and the real reason of pictures like those is because NicoFan enjoyed a relaxed Nicolas LOL!!! :smash:

Ok enough laughing and sarcasm for me today, the real thing is that I love practices 'cause he looks so damn hot!! :inlove: so meanwhile NicoFan takes pics of the relaxed Nico, I enjoy watching that gorgeous chilean lol!

GonzoFan
09-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Today I went to the practices but I only saw Nico like 5 seconds !!!! I'm so sorry !!!! :sad:
When I arrived Nico was playing the last point and then he leave the court :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
I only took this pic it was the last point he played ... and if you see in the pic there is a man with sunglasses at the back ... that's Marcelo "Chino" Rios
I'll try to go back tomorrow ... ;)

NicoFan
09-20-2005, 03:13 AM
Ah, KidNicky, giving me a hard time.... :lol:

Oh GonzoFan - well at least it was Nico you missed...not Fernando....cuz you would have been devastated if you missed Fernando.

And nice to see Marcelo there - I feel really bad for what is happening to him lately. :sad: He needs to get back into tennis doing something...anything. Keep himself busy.

kidnicky
09-20-2005, 05:04 AM
Don't worry GonzoFan, we really appreciate your reports and your pics, at least you saw your teddy bear right?

Oh my dear NicoFan... I didn't give you a hard time or I did?? lol! is just that I was in a sarcastic mood and you gave me the oportunity so that's why I did it besides after beign laughing a all day about me and my t paper I needed to do the same thing with you, now we're even right?? lol!

GonzoFan
09-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Oh GonzoFan - well at least it was Nico you missed...not Fernando....cuz you would have been devastated if you missed Fernando.

And nice to see Marcelo there - I feel really bad for what is happening to him lately. :sad: He needs to get back into tennis doing something...anything. Keep himself busy.

you're right NicoFan ... I would have been devastated if I missed Fernando ... but it was sad that I couldn't get on time to see Nico's practice and take pics for all of his fans :sad:

Marcelo yesterday in the news said that he wanted to play again and he was planning to start practicing ... ;) He even said that he wanted to play Davis Cup against Pakistan

Don't worry GonzoFan, we really appreciate your reports and your pics, at least you saw your teddy bear right?

Yes! :D I saw Teddy Bear :inlove:

NicoFan
09-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Marcelo yesterday in the news said that he wanted to play again and he was planning to start practicing ... ;) He even said that he wanted to play Davis Cup against Pakistan.

It sounds from what I read today in latercera that he's thinking about playing on the men's senior tour too. That would be good for him. I'm not sure Marcelo would be a good coach for a guy on the ATP because I can't see him taking orders from someone, but I would love to see him do more than just play the senior tour - maybe work with younger players just coming up.

NicoFan
09-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh my dear NicoFan... I didn't give you a hard time or I did?? lol! is just that I was in a sarcastic mood and you gave me the oportunity so that's why I did it besides after beign laughing a all day about me and my t paper I needed to do the same thing with you, now we're even right?? lol!

We are even!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kidnicky
09-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeay NicoFan! We're even... now I'm looking forward to the next oportunity lol! :silly:

GonzoFan have a great day at practice today, so nice that you saw teddy bear ;)

Fergie
09-21-2005, 04:32 AM
I heard today that Nico will play only 2 matchs: his single on Friday and doubles on Saturday :)

Sparko1030
09-21-2005, 06:36 AM
I heard today that Nico will play only 2 matchs: his single on Friday and doubles on Saturday :)

Gildemeister must be confindent they'll win in 3 matches I suppose and give some of the lower ranked players a chance to play.

GonzoFan
09-21-2005, 08:19 AM
I went to see the practice today and saw Nico ;)
he played a doubles match with Feña against Capdeville/Garcia and of course Feña and Nico won :D but I must be honest with all of you and tell you that today the crowd didn't like Nico's attitude today ... Nico looked angry during the whole practice and he kept throwing his racket ... and all the people started yelling things at Nico and after the practice he was so angry with all the people that in the news they said that he wants a private practice tomorrow ... but I'm not 100% sure if this is true ... I just hope today it was just a bad day and he'll be ok tomorrow ...
I'll be telling you more things about this as soon as I know something

here are some pics I took

NicoFan
09-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I went to see the practice today and saw Nico ;)
he played a doubles match with Feña against Capdeville/Garcia and of course Feña and Nico won :D but I must be honest with all of you and tell you that today the crowd didn't like Nico's attitude today ... Nico looked angry during the whole practice and he kept throwing his racket ... and all the people started yelling things at Nico and after the practice he was so angry with all the people that in the news they said that he wants a private practice tomorrow ... but I'm not 100% sure if this is true ... I just hope today it was just a bad day and he'll be ok tomorrow ...
I'll be telling you more things about this as soon as I know something

here are some pics I took

Well, then the people haven't seen Nico practice very often...he yells a lot in practice when things aren't going well, and throws his racquet.

If the "fans" are going to yell things at him, I don't blame him for wanting a private practice. And if they can't support him when things aren't going well, then they aren't "fans". He sacrifices a lot to play Davis Cup and these other things for Chile...they should have respect for that.

He should have just played in Romania, and showed up 3-4 days before the match. :mad:

BTW - Fernando yells too in practice when things don't go right - and throws racquets. And yells and throws racquets in matches. I know...I watched him a lot this summer.

Fergie
09-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Gildemeister must be confindent they'll win in 3 matches I suppose and give some of the lower ranked players a chance to play.
We are confindents too ;)

NicoFan
09-21-2005, 02:00 PM
GonzoFan - not yelling at you - you're just reporting what happened...lol!

Just annoyed with those fans. People just shouldn't bother the guys when they're practicing. Its just not done. Fans shouldn't involve themselves. Its between Nico and Hans if he's having problems with his game and getting upset. And if the fans can't behave themselves, they shouldn't be allowed in the practice. Nico is perfectly right to want them out of there.

Fergie
09-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Nico always has a worst mood in practices than in the matchs and this is why I love him, always trying to find his best tennis!

NicoFan
09-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Nico always has a worst mood in practices than in the matchs and this is why I love him, always trying to find his best tennis!

I see him yell and throw racquets in practice, but he also can be so incredibily funny, talking, and laughing, and very relaxed at times....I even have videos of him in practice to prove it...lol!!!!!!!!!!! I think that it depends on how he feels his tennis is going like you said - he's trying to find his best tennis, and when he thinks its going badly, he reacts - he definitely has a temper. But its why I adore him too...he's very passionate about his game.

Sparko1030
09-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Its too bad the "fans" react like that-When Nico gets mad like that it seems he's mad and frustrated with himself-not a reflection on his opponent or anything. He may well be better off controling his emotions more but they are only directed at himself. So whats the big deal to the fans then???? :ras: I dont' blame him one bit for wanting a private practice then either! :hug: to Nico and hope he has a better day today!

Sparko1030
09-21-2005, 04:58 PM
We are confindents too ;)

:yeah:

GonzoFan
09-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I think it was a bad day but a really bad day ... I haven't see Nico that much and I know how he is in the court but It was sad to see him so angry yesterday ... I personally didn't like his attitude :sad: but like you said NicoFan Nico can be funny too ... I know because I saw him the other day and he was joking with the other players and all that :lol:

NicoFan
09-21-2005, 07:45 PM
I can't get this thing to quote. :-(

Anyway, I pm'd you GonzoFan.

Basically we all have really bad days - but we don't have hundreds of people watching us while we're having them. Nico doesn't come and yell at us when we're having a bad day - we shouldn't do it to him...lol!

And I've seen ALL players have really really bad days. If we judge Nico on it, we really have to go down the list and judge them ALL on it.

kidnicky
09-21-2005, 10:29 PM

Basically we all have really bad days - but we don't have hundreds of people watching us while we're having them. Nico doesn't come and yell at us when we're having a bad day - we shouldn't do it to him...lol!

And I've seen ALL players have really really bad days. If we judge Nico on it, we really have to go down the list and judge them ALL on it.

Totally agree with NicoFan, she's right all of us have terrible days but we don't have hundreds of people watching us and thinking that we're the worst person in the world, so stop messing with my boy okay! :ras:

I love him for his temper and I'd give anything to be in one of his practices even if he's mad, most of us love him precisely for that temper so a big big :hug: for Nico and I know that he'll be great this weekend!!

Love ya Nico!! :inlove:

GonzoFan
09-22-2005, 12:48 AM
I watched the news today in the morning and they said that the they were going to let people enter to the practices .... but Nico wasn't practicing in the Central Court ... he was practicing in another court that no one could enter and only Feña with Adrian Garcia were practicing in the central Court ... :sad:
I only saw Nico when he was leaving in his car with Estefano

Fergie
09-22-2005, 02:05 AM
I watched the news today in the morning and they said that the they were going to let people enter to the practices .... but Nico wasn't practicing in the Central Court ... he was practicing in another court that no one could enter and only Feña with Adrian Garcia were practicing in the central Court ... :sad:
I only saw Nico when he was leaving in his car with Estefano
Nico did the same thing the last year here in Viña when all the people talked about his problems with Horacio.

I really don't care if Nico has private practices, if he helps the team to win all is ok! :)

NicoFan
09-22-2005, 03:21 AM
My response to the dissing of Nico on the general message forum just for the people here - I can't be bothered with the people in the GM section.

I personally don't care if I'm the last person around still rooting for Nico. :angel:

I've been watching tennis for years and years and years. I've seen players live, heard so more "stories" about them, and so much gossip. And btw - I can tell my own stories about players...even players that are thought to be "nice". :devil:

Most tennis players are tempermental.

Most have tempers.

And most sign autographs sometimes...and don't sign autographs sometimes. (Basically most sign when they win, they don't sign when they lose...pretty much what you would expect, verdad?).

Sometimes the players behave well...sometimes they behave poorly. (Hmmm...kind of like ALL humans... ;) )

And they are guys in their late teens and 20s that live in a very sheltered and insular world...so yes, in many ways, they can be immature.

From what I've seen, Nico is no better...or worse...than any of them.

People have said they have seen Nico not sign autographs...oh boo hooooooooo....well, I've seen him not sign autographs too! But I've seen him sign tons of autographs in Cincy, the Pilot Pen, and the US Open. And news flash - I've seen ALL players at one time or another NOT sign autographs. Even the "nice" players don't sign autographs at times.

As for the people that judge the players...and I mean all players not just Nico...they think they "know" the players based on watching them in practice or whether they sign autographs or briefly meeting them. How absurd. And how unfair...how would people like it here if they were judged during a difficult time or bad day???????????

I go by the people that know the players best: the other players opinions of them, their families, their friends, people in tennis.

Nico is well liked by the other players, he's close to his family, has lots of friends, and I've talked to people inside tennis - and have been told that he is a very nice guy, a good guy with a good reputation. Nothing bad about him.

And let's leave dissing Nico for the general message area - and we all know what those people are like... ;) People that are on this forum want to enjoy Nico and his TENNIS...

LOVE YA NICO... :hug:

And to be honest - I'm disgusted that I would even have to post this. Most of the people on these forums are adults - not children. These guys are pro athletes, certainly not people that should be put on pedestals or made out as heros. Heros are firemen, policemen, teachers, paramedics...the pilot that just safely landed the Jet Blue airbus in LA with screwed up front tires with 139 passengers. Not tennis players. And "adults" should know this without being told. This is supposed to be for fun, a diversion, not something to be taken so seriously.

Fergie
09-22-2005, 04:49 AM
GM section sucks as always :ras:

Great post NicoFan! :yeah: ... Personally I don't care if Nico is or not nice with his fans sometimes, I know about his temperament and I never felt angry when I couldn't get an autograph ;)

Not all the people can be nice all time and less in a bad day ... Love ya Nico :hug:

kidnicky
09-22-2005, 04:58 AM
NicoFan has spoken.... Amen NicoFan!! :worship:

I just want to say that I'm tired of the same situation over and over again, so I won't post more comments about this 'cause for me it doesn't make any sense :rolleyes:

You know NicoFan that you won't be the only one supporting Nico until the end of time lol! you can count on me! ;) And it seems that for my own good (and for the well beign of the other members) I shouldn't read the posts in the GM area right??? lol! :devil:

Love ya Nico!! :kiss:

Sparko1030
09-22-2005, 05:07 AM
Well said Nicofan. :rocker2: Not sure why people on the GM get their undies in a bunch over such trivial stuff-either a person likes his (or any other player's game or they don't) Get over it and grow up lol!

Here we love and adore our Nico!!!

kidnicky
09-22-2005, 05:23 AM
Well said Nicofan. :rocker2: Not sure why people on the GM get their undies in a bunch over such trivial stuff-either a person likes his (or any other player's game or they don't) Get over it and grow up lol!

Hey Sparko I just sent you a private message (I'm testing this ha!) so check it out or let me know if you didn't receive it okay?? is about our chat lol!

GonzoFan
09-22-2005, 06:06 AM

I read it ;) and I sent you a PM

NicoFan
09-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Not sure why people on the GM get their undies in a bunch over such trivial stuff-either a person likes his (or any other player's game or they don't) Get over it and grow up lol!

Isn't it great that Nico has such good fans here...lol! :hug:

I think that people that go on and on negatively about players reveal more about their own character than the characters of the players they are dissing. Its really all so immature by people that are definitely old enough to know better.

But as KidNicky said - time to move on!

VAMOS NICO AND FERNANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

We have a Davis Cup matchup to win!!! :rocker:

NicoFan
09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
From latercera.cl:

Today at noon, in the Hotel NH of Providence, will develop the drawing of the matches of the first day of the comparison between Chile and Pakistan. The Chilean captain, Hans Gildemeister, assured that does not have a preference with respect to who should begin playing tomorrow.

"The logical thing is that one wants that the first one of your country he open with the two of the rival one. But in this case he it does not matter to me a lot, because as much Nicolas as Fernando they are prepared to win", commented.

Sparko1030
09-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Isn't it great that Nico has such good fans here...lol! :hug:

I think that people that go on and on negatively about players reveal more about their own character than the characters of the players they are dissing. Its really all so immature by people that are definitely old enough to know better.

But as KidNicky said - time to move on!

VAMOS NICO AND FERNANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

We have a Davis Cup matchup to win!!! :rocker:

:yeah: I have one more thing say-its a bit dumbfounding that people who don't care for a player would spend so much time following them yet. One person on the GM thread referred to Nico's bahavior at practice the other day and how would she know about that if she weren't still following him. Only now its because of hate instead of because she likes him. Not very healthy....

And there is live tennis tomorrow! I almost forgot its been so long but we'll have tennis all weekend! :banana: If I've got it right from the info on both Nico's and Fena's forums-Nico will be playing singles Fri and doubles Sat and Fena will play that plus singles again Sun! And then Nico goes to Parlemo!

VAMOS NICO AND FENA!!!! VAMOS CHILE!!!! :rocker:

Fergie
09-22-2005, 02:29 PM
"The logical thing is that one wants that the first one of your country he open with the two of the rival one. But in this case he it does not matter to me a lot, because as much Nicolas as Fernando they are prepared to win", commented.
I hope that Fernando plays first ... Just because I have to work in the morning and I want see Nico match! :lol:

Vamos Nico, Vamos Chile!!! :banana:

NicoFan
09-22-2005, 02:47 PM
I hope that Fernando plays first ... Just because I have to work in the morning and I want see Nico match! :lol:

I'd rather have Nico's match in the afternoon too.

But Fernando likes to sleep late...lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

NicoFan
09-22-2005, 05:42 PM

You got your wish Fergie!!! :) :)

Fernando is the first match against Ageel Khan (#2 of Pakistan)

Nico is the second match against Aigam Ul Hag Qureshi (#1 of Pakistan)

kidnicky
09-22-2005, 11:06 PM

That was my wish too lol! :lol: btw If someone know an approximate time for Nico's match please let me know ;)

BUENA SUERTE NICO!!!! :yeah:

VAMOS NICO!!! VAMOS FEÑA!!! VAMOS CHILE!!!! :banana:

Fergie
09-23-2005, 01:05 AM

I'm so happy!!! :banana:

Vamos Nico, Vamos Feña, Vamos Chile!!! :woohoo:

Fergie
09-23-2005, 01:16 AM
I love the title! :angel:

Chile's golden boys bid for further success

When Aqeel Khan’s name appeared first in the ballot, during the draw, he and the rest of his team mates shared a spontaneous laugh, as if fate itself was making a joke on them. Khan, Pakistan’s No. 2 player and ranked 988 in the world, will play the first match of the Chile v Pakistan tie against Fernando Gonzalez, Chile’s No. 1 player and ranked 18 in the world. That’s just 970 spots away!

The draw ceremony left the World Group Playoff of the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas tie between Chile and Pakistan as:

Fernando Gonzalez (CHI) v Aqeel Khan (PAK)
Nicolas Massu (CHI) v Aisam Qureshi (PAK)
Fernando Gonzalez/Nicolas Massu (CHI) v Aqeel Khan/Aisam Qureshi (PAK)
Fernando Gonzalez (CHI) v Aisam Qureshi (PAK)
Nicolas Massu (CHI) v Aqeel Khan (PAK)

The favourites are Chile, based on many factors: Massu and Gonzalez are a lot more experienced and better ranked than Qureshi or Khan, who mainly play on the Futures tour, while the local stars are the current Olympic medallists (Massu has gold in singles and doubles, while Gonzalez has gold in doubles and bronze in singles). To make it worse for the visitors, the tie will be played on the Court Central at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago, Chile, on a very slow red clay court –a surface on which the Pakistan players have very little experience, if any.

Nevertheless, Chile is not taking it easy.

“They already beat Thailand, with a player like Paradorn Srichaphan, so we cannot take this for granted,” said Hans Gildemeister, Chile’s captain.

“If they are here, in this round, that must mean something. We will do our best against them, as if they were the best team in the world.”

Tennis in Pakistan has been growing in popularity, but still does not attract big crowds, while Santiago’s Estadio Nacional will have 6,600 Chilean fans shouting for their country.

“I’m not nervous about the crowd” said Khan, “because we have already played in places like Japan and Uzbekistan, with big stadiums. It’s just the world-class players we have to face that make me a little nervous.”

Prospects are bleak for Pakistan indeed. This is the first time they play outside the Asia-Oceania Zone since the World Group was created, and it is, of course, the closest they have ever been to the big leagues. Right after the Gonzalez v Khan match, their best player, Qureshi, will have to face Massu on the second rubber. But Qureshi does not have much more of a chance, on paper at least than his fellow player: he is only No. 355 in the world, while Massu is No. 48 and was No. 9 not very long ago.

“We are very happy just to be here, and we will get a lot of experience playing against the Olympic champions,” said Qureshi. “It’s obvious that they are the favourites, but when I play Davis Cup, I think about winning the three points (both singles and the double). We will see what happens on the court."

Chile, on the other hand, stated that they should win.

“I don’t want to fool anyone, we should win and it should be a strong victory,” said Massu the day before the draw. “But we have to be very serious about it."

Chile has not lost a tie at home since 1996, with a 7-0 record in Chile since then, while Pakistan’s last four ties away have ended in 0-5 washouts. All indicates that this series will not be much different for any of them - but this is Davis Cup, and anything is possible.

+alonso
09-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Pucha Suerte a los chilenitos que van pues ;) Pasenlo bien ;)

I've been here almost all the afternoon! My grandmother is better but is still very sick!
I think I'll go out of school to see some matches :lol: :yeah:

Good Luck Nico&Feña&Adrian&Paul ;)

NicoFan
09-23-2005, 01:33 AM

I've been here almost all the afternoon! My grandmother is better but is still very sick!

Hey Alonso - I didn't know that your grandmother was sick. I'm so sorry. I hope that she is doing better. I'll be thinking about you.

Sparko1030
09-23-2005, 06:26 AM

I'm the same as Nicofan-didnt' know your grandmother was ill Alonso. I hope that she is doing better and will get well.

*Ljubica*
09-23-2005, 12:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Alonso :hug: Hope she gets well very soon.

NicoFan
09-23-2005, 08:01 PM
GANO GANO GANO!!!

NICO won 6-2, 7-6 (4), 6-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAY!

:woohoo:

:banana:

+alonso
09-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Thank you guys!! :hug: You're very nice :hug: She's better now :)

:woohooo: Nico won 6-2 7-6(4) 6-1 :) I'm so happy

Sparko1030
09-23-2005, 09:14 PM
:banana: Way to go Nico!!! :banana: Great win!!!

And glad to hear your grandmother is doing better Alonso! :wavey:

kidnicky
09-23-2005, 10:39 PM
ASI SE GANA NICO!!! Yeaaay!!! :worship:

I'm so happy that he won!!! he did it great!! :woohoo:

So Vamos chicos!!! Take the next point tomorrow!!!

:banana: VAMOS CHILE!!! VAMOS NICO & FEÑA!!! :banana:

Fergie
09-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Well done Nico!!! :woohoo:

Good luck tomorrow in doubles :yeah:

I love the red bandana and shoes! :lol:

GonzoFan
09-24-2005, 07:57 AM
I was at Nico's match but only for the second and third set (because I was wating for Feña while Nico was playing the first set)
He is so nice ! I had never talk with him before but he was really nice with me :D

here are some pics ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
09-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Well done,Nico! :rocker2: Surely you will win today too! :bigclap:
I think that GM thread sometimes rocks sometimes sucks,take it easy. ;)
PS.Recently we know Feña knows that forum,I feel nervous,so now I suddenly don't know what I should say,I praise his sexy butt, :lick: a bit embarrassed lol.And I admit I say the word "C***e" always but it doesn't mean I'm against them...

NicoFan
09-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I was at Nico's match but only for the second and third set (because I was wating for Feña while Nico was playing the first set)
He is so nice ! I had never talk with him before but he was really nice with me :D

here are some pics ;)

Great pictures GonzoFan!!! Gracias. :)

You must have had wonderful seats to get such good pictures.

He is nice... :) I've seen in a lot in person, and I've never seen him not nice ever to fans. Doesn't sign autographs when he losses, but that can be said for every player. ;)

Fergie
09-24-2005, 08:15 PM
The boys won 6-1 6-3 6-0 :woohoo: :banana:

Viva Chile!!! :bounce:

Sparko1030
09-24-2005, 09:58 PM
WOO HOO CHILE!!! :woohoo: Way to go Nico and Fena!!! :worship:
I'm a US citizen but when it comes to tennis and the DC I'm all for Chile! I didn't even know James was playing for the US this time! (I do hope he wins his match tomorrow tho. )

And thanks for posting the great pics Gonzofan! This has got to have been a great week for you! :D

kidnicky
09-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Yeay!!! A big :woohoo: for Chile and for the boys!!! Nico was great!!!!

And thank you so much GonzoFan for the pics!! and I'm happy that you had the chance to talk with him, good for you!

Fergie
09-26-2005, 04:45 AM
Finally Chile won 5-0 :banana:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
09-26-2005, 09:54 AM
As expected. :lol::woohoo::yeah:

GonzoFan
09-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Great pictures GonzoFan!!! Gracias. :)

You must have had wonderful seats to get such good pictures.

yep, I had really good seats :D

I found this pic in canal13.cl and if you see behind Gonzo there is a chilean flag ... that's mine! :D and the girl in the blue circle that's me :lol:

GonzoFan
09-26-2005, 06:18 PM
this is a pic from Terra.cl and you can only see my flag and my legs :lol:

kidnicky
09-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey I see you GonzoFan!!! you really had great seats!!

Por cierto que haces viendo hacia otro lado si tienes a Fernando jugando frente a ti eh???? :lol: I'm just kidding!

Thanks for the pics again!

NicoFan
09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
You had great seats GonzoFan!! Lucky you - nice and close to see your teddy bear!!! :-) :-)

GonzoFan
09-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey I see you GonzoFan!!! you really had great seats!!

Por cierto que haces viendo hacia otro lado si tienes a Fernando jugando frente a ti eh???? :lol: I'm just kidding!

Thanks for the pics again!

jajajaja no se que estaba mirando en ese momento! :smash: me dio mucha risa cuando vi esa foto y me di cuenta que no estaba mirandolo :eek:

:haha:

You had great seats GonzoFan!! Lucky you - nice and close to see your teddy bear!!! :-) :-)

Yes! :D Those were great seats! ;) and not only to see Teddy Bear but
also to see your :angel: Angel :angel: :aplot: ;)

kidnicky
09-26-2005, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=GonzoFan]jajajaja no se que estaba mirando en ese momento! :smash: me dio mucha risa cuando vi esa foto y me di cuenta que no estaba mirandolo :eek:

:haha:

Solo que estuvieras viendo a un clon de Fernando en la tribuna para dejar de verlo en la cancha :p jajaja, que lindo que tuviste esos asientos y viste tan bien a Feña y a nuestro Nico, gracias por las fotos de nuevo y para la otra no le pierdas la vista a Fernando :haha:

NicoFan
09-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Yes! :D Those were great seats! ;) and not only to see Teddy Bear but also to see your :angel: Angel :angel: :aplot: ;)

You're so lucky you got to see my angelito :) - and that reminded me that I wanted to put that back as my avatar! :angel: Such a cutiepie....lol! :hug: