Italian Tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Italian Tennis

Pages : [1] 2

Champion number 1
07-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Instead of individual player threads I think this is easier for me.

Right now our tennis is pretty good. We have 5 inside the top 100 with 2 more ready to break into it.

Volandri is looking good in the top 35, although whether he can get to top 25 or so on seems hard as he is useless on any surface but Clay.

Seppi is slowly moving up the rankings now. Up to 77 and still moving up. Hopefully he can get nearer to 50 by the end of '05

Starace is going downwards and is already down to 94. Hes not in good form so he will need to get his confidence back quickly and surely he will want ton stay in the top 100 this year.

Di Mauro is at 99, but to be honest he is not really a top 100 player. He is not good on the main ATP tour but he has done well to reach his mark.

Sanguinetti in the top 60 is great,m the old man still has legs.

To come.... Bracciali, Aldi, Bolelli and Fognini :worship:

ciccio
07-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Bolelli did well this week, he reached the semi final of the challenger in Rimini and Bracciali is in the final of the grass court challenger in Manchester. I really like the way Bracciali plays, he needs to put his best game together more often for him to make a impact on the top 100.

Éowyn
07-17-2005, 08:49 PM
finally somewhere to talk about the italians i've waited ages!

i'm not italian obviously but i do love daniele i think he's awesome and very underated, volandri is playing well and potito is too,

daniele won manchester today! said he wants the grass season to go on forever coz he's enjoying it :)

Champion number 1
07-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Yes going against Italian tradition, Bracciali is actually one of the only Italian players ever to favour the faster surfaces (Grass and Hard). The fact he is quite decent on clay also gives him a good chance of progressing inside the top 100 should he stay in such form.

His height and physique would make you suggest he is a typical clay court slugger with somewhat average attributs apart from some good ground strokes. In fact this is wrong. Bracciali is an absolute wonderful server (consistent 125-130 MPH). A superb vollyer, and also very good at hitting. In fact I am surprised he has taken so long (25 years) to realise his potential. For a long time he has slowly but surely moved up the rankings and now he is at the best stage yet. After the Manchester win he will move close to the top 100.

Bolelli did well also this week, but in terms of Ranking points Im not sure how many places he moves up as this time last year he won the Italy F15 event and the Semi of Rimini doesnt bring you so many more points I dont think. Good for his confidence though. 6 wins (including qualies) in a row without a loss of Set before losing to Navarro.

WinterDreams
07-17-2005, 11:02 PM
daniele won manchester today! said he wants the grass season to go on forever coz he's enjoying it :)
Thanks for the information! :worship:
I'd thought the grass season had been already (in Newport) over...

:bigclap: :clap2: Congratulations to Daniele! :clap2: :bigclap:

How wonderful he played at Wimbledon!!! :hearts:
Daniele is for me the most impressive player at Wimbledon 2005.
I was queueing and queueing and queueing and queueing in order to get a ticket for his match on Thursday and Friday. :devil:

I hope he will reach the Top 100 and higher ranking! :D

WinterDreams
07-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Bracciali is an absolute wonderful server (consistent 125-130 MPH). A superb vollyer, and also very good at hitting. In fact I am surprised he has taken so long (25 years) to realise his potential. For a long time he has slowly but surely moved up the rankings and now he is at the best stage yet. After the Manchester win he will move close to the top 100.

:yeah:

Éowyn
07-17-2005, 11:45 PM
yeah it's over everywhere else but the wonderful thing about england is of course we love our grass courts so we have numerous challengers on grass! and manchester was this week.

for what it's worth heres the article of teletext about his win today.
Manchester Trophy, didsbury.

Italian Daniele Bracciali took his second grass court title of the summer when he beat Igor Zeleneay of the Slovak republic in straight sets 6-4 6-4.

Bracciali added manchester to the Surbiton title he won at the beginning of June: "I have had a fantastic time on grass and I wish it was longer."

"I was happy with my game but my serve was not working as good as at Surbiton. But I returned serve well so it's OK."

personally i really like the way daniele plays i had only seen him a couple of times before this season and always said i'd keep an eye out for him and then never erally saw much on him, then when i watched him play RG at RG (i like saying that so easily entertained :lol: ) on tv i thought damn he's improved he really impressed me, my friends went down to surbiton and said i'd have been really proud of him!

i saw him play at the wimbly qualies and he impressed me by how much he has matured and yes it has taken alot of time but he's obviously been working hard and he's also a very lovely guy to talk to even if he does still struggle with his english :p i worked at wimbly and saw him there too and he was one of the few oplayers i saw actually wandering around the grounds (unnoticed i might add) and watching matches of other players, he looks like he generally loves his tennis and is very comfortable with himself now!

against ivo he played brilliantly to have 51 aces against you and still win is amazing! and he really did play well i warned just before teh tournament started that i thought he would be a very dangerous player and i was very nervous for andy when he played him! obviously as an andy fan i wanted andy to win but i wanted daniele to do well to keep his confidence up and i'm sure that match did do alot for his confidence and he seems to be constantly learning.

he's also one of the few players who does realise that if your opponent has an injury time out it's good to keep moving and keep warm, when capdeville was injured in his match (an injury i truly doubt actually existed i think he just didn't want to be thrashed) danielle put his jacket on ran around the court did stretches on the net etc and just seemed to keep himself motivated and his head in the game (something i wish mardy would learn) and i just have a lot of respect for him he's taken his time but he's kept working and his belief is obviously there now! I hope he does well in holland this week and i think he could cause an upset and could take out raemon in the 2nd round if he gets through his first match.

Éowyn
07-18-2005, 03:20 AM
just looked at the rankings

Daniele has gone up 15 places in the entry system and is now ranked 118 his highest ever :) he's closing in on the top 100 now :)

Champion number 1
07-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Yes a good tournament this week in Holland will surely see Bracciali move up some more valuable places. It will be hard for him though as he may be too tired. Although he didnt lose a set in Manchester, he will surely be feeling his matches. Still I have hope that he gets to at least the quarters which would make a good tournament for him.

This week the rankings for Italians are:

34. Volandri (prev position, 34) - 130 points from the top 30.
60. Sanguinettti (59) - 75 points from top 50.
77. Seppi (77) - 34 points from top 70.
95. Starace (94) - 80 points from top 75.
105. Di Mauro (99) - 10 points from top 100.
112. Aldi (111) - 30 points from top 100.
118. Bracciali (133) - 40 points from top 100 (QF in Holland needed this week)

Others:

Uros Vico improved 12 places to 226
Bolelli IMPROVED 36 places to 268.
Winner of the F21 event Marco Pedrini is now 413 in the world.

Young guns, Fognini moved up 9 places without plaing to make him 373 in the world and Naso is still very low at 789. They both need to move quicker up the rankings although still young.

Éowyn
07-18-2005, 05:31 PM
actually i don't think he does need 40 points! coz some of the people around him have points from la etc that will come off this week if they don't defend them he will jump up regardless!

WinterDreams
07-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks a lot for interesting informations!
Before Wimbly 2005 I didn't know Daniele. I wanted to see Karlovic only a little. And there I saw another great player! Daniele played so fantastic and impressed me so much that I wanted him play again. On Friday I saw only his match because I was queueing to get a resale-ticket for the center court and it begann to rain after his match. But I was quite satisfied.
Sorry, it's not easy to write in English because I'm not good at it...

I love this thread! :D
(but not the Forum's name "Rest of the world")

Champion number 1
07-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Today Bracciali faces Zitko. Its a winnable first round match so here is to hoping.

Aldi faces Marin in round 1 also.

Yesaterday Seppi won again and defeated Mayer in Germany (A very good win) to move to round 2. Today Starace faces Monfils in round 1 while Volandri plays Simon in round 2. All Italians have a chance of progressing today.

Corinna
07-19-2005, 07:39 PM
too bad di mauro lost yesterday :sad:

Éowyn
07-19-2005, 09:20 PM
well we could request an italian forum if enough people want it i'm sur ethey'd let us have one

ciccio
07-20-2005, 03:46 AM
Volandri lost in 3 against Simon, dissapointing result, he isn't in very good form at the moment and with the american hardcourt season starting soon i don't think volandri is going to have much of a chance to move up all that much in the rankings. There are still some clay court tournaments left this season but not that many eg Umag, Palermo

Éowyn
07-20-2005, 03:58 AM
if daniele wins against raemon he'll be top 100 for sure :)

Champion number 1
07-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Yes at the moment Daniele only goes up a couple of points because this time last year he went out of a 25k challenger event in the QF. So it means the 2nd round here doesnt bring you so many more points, but if he reaches the quarters then he receives an extra 30 pts and that should take him to the top 100 or at least very near. Come on Daniele you can beat him.

For the others. Seppi and Starace have very tough matches v the Spaniards Martin and Robredo respectively in their round 2 matches.

Volandri failed us. He will lose many ranking pts as this week the Umag tournament (where he reached final) is coming off the rankings and entered will be this crappy event for him. He has a chance to make up for it next week in Umag though

He hasnt won an ATP tour match since the French where he was injured in the 3rd round. This seems to have downed him. Still, hes only had 3 matches since then and got to a semi of a challenger so he should always look forward.

Champion number 1
07-20-2005, 09:22 AM
More good news is that Bolelli went through in the first round of the Tampere challenger event. He won after ketola retired 3-0 down in the third. Before that both shared a tie-break a piece. Must be a tough match physically for Bolelli so hes impressing at the moment. Next another tough challenger competitor, Daniele Koellerer.

Éowyn
07-20-2005, 09:27 PM
as i say thought alot of people around danielle in the rankings are defending points and not doing very well i might add! so he may go up more than expected! but still keep it up danielle :)

ciccio
07-21-2005, 03:13 AM
seppi beat martin 6-4 6-4, another good result for the bolzanino

Champion number 1
07-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Yo guys its been a good day for Italian tennis.

Firstly, Bracciali has got through to the quarters with a superb 3 set win over Sluiter. Bracciali lost the first easily but he fought through and now top 100 is on the cards for Daniele.

Secondly, Bolelli impressed and qualified for the QF of the Tampere challenger beating Koellerer and now faces Minar. Important ranking point already here

Last and most impressively is the victory of Andreas Seppi. He beat Robredo in 3 sets and goes into the QF of the Mercedes Cup. I think Seppi can now get to the top 50 by the end of the year if he stays with this form.

Éowyn
07-21-2005, 08:08 PM
daniele has fernando gonzalez next will be interesting to see how he copes :)

Champion number 1
07-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Well both Italians lost sadly.

Bracciali went down in easy straight sets to Gonzalez but he was getting tired so 6-3 6-3 is not so bad. Hes played like every day for the last 2 weeks so hes done well.

Seppi after 2 impressive wins lost 6-2 6-3 to Nieminen. Still, Seppi has a lot to look forward too.

ciccio
07-25-2005, 12:16 PM
good day for the siciliano di mauro, he beat R. Sluiter 6-2 6-3

Champion number 1
07-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Yes great result for Di Mauro. Easy win and now hes starting to be competitive on the tour. Aldi is struggling though, he lost in straights again today.

As for the rankings.

Volandri is down 3 to 37. This week in Umag and needs a good torneo.
Sanguinetti remains at 60. This week in Recanati challenger strangly.
Seppi up 8 to 69. A great tournament last week. This week he has a tough first round so will be hard to progress.
Starace up 1 to 94. Well he needs to go up the rankings. A 1st rounbd match v Ferrer in Umag will not help.
Bracciali up 15 to 103. Well not quite the top 100, but this week he is in recanati. A really good tournament in this challenger will help.

Further down the list and more promising of all is Bolelli. who is now around 230 in the world. He moved up another 37 places and every week he is growing.

ciccio
07-26-2005, 03:55 AM
[QUOTE
Sanguinetti remains at 60. This week in Recanati challenger strangly.
QUOTE]

i think davide is playing in that challenger for family reasons, i remember reading an interview with claudio pistolesi a while back and it said that davide is very family orientated and at times gets distracted at tournaments because of this, i figure thats why he is playing at recanati, because its in italy so he can be close to his family etc, instead of going to Austria, Croatia etc. Also to note he hasn't played in tournaments for a couple of weeks.

Champion number 1
07-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Yes very true. Also Bracciali has decided to play in the challenger when he could've played in Croatia or Austria. I think he did it more for points reasons and because hes tired and a challenger event means you get less quality players even if still good.

Anyway Bracciali and Sanguinetti both went through to rnd 2. Forza Italia.
Volandri is also finally back to winning ways. Hopefully he can make the quarters in Umag.

Champion number 1
07-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Bracciali is into the QF of the Recanati challenger. Great win 6-4 6-2 v some Irish guy.

Sanguinetti v Bolelli the big match of the tournament so far ended with Davide easily winning 6-2 7-5. Still I hope Bolelli can progress, he seems like he has the talent.

Finally a great win for Pippo over Garcia Lopez 6-1 6-1 and now he faces a toughie against Robredo in the QF. That I would not like to call.

ciccio
07-29-2005, 03:47 AM
Bracciali is into the QF of the Recanati challenger. Great win 6-4 6-2 v some Irish guy.

Sanguinetti v Bolelli the big match of the tournament so far ended with Davide easily winning 6-2 7-5. Still I hope Bolelli can progress, he seems like he has the talent.

Finally a great win for Pippo over Garcia Lopez 6-1 6-1 and now he faces a toughie against Robredo in the QF. That I would not like to call.

hopefully pippo can win, it will be tough. but he desperately needs to get a good run of results happening again.

Champion number 1
07-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Great day for my fave Italians yesterday as Pippo beat Robredo for the first time in 3 encounters. He won in 3 sets and now faces COria in the SF of Umag. Volo loves this place. Still to beat Coria I dont think will happen. Coria beat Ferrero 6-3 6-0.

Bracciali and Sanguinetti are through to the SF of the Recanati challenger as is Vico. Big ranking point for Braccio. Cipolla also through to SF of Togliatti challenger.

ciccio
07-30-2005, 04:12 PM
era un buon giorno per tennis italiano, spero continuare cosi

Champion number 1
07-31-2005, 09:51 AM
Well Saturday was a good day in Recanato for Bracciali and Sanguinetti as both go through rto face each other in the semi.

Volandri went out in 3 to Coria but an improved week from him.

ciccio
07-31-2005, 01:08 PM
yeah volandri did well about time he returns to some kind of decent form

WinterDreams
08-01-2005, 04:49 AM
:bigclap: :bigclap: :clap2: Bravo Daniele :clap2: :bigclap: :bigclap:

He is now No. 97 :yeah:
But Potito... :sad:

ciccio
08-01-2005, 10:37 AM
:bigclap: :bigclap: :clap2: Bravo Daniele :clap2: :bigclap: :bigclap:

He is now No. 97 :yeah:
But Potito... :sad:

i carn't believe what has happened to potito, he definantly has the talent to be a top 100 player maybe even top 50. I don't expect di mauro and aldi to be top 100 players but of the italian youd expect

Volandri, Sanguinetti, Seppi, Bracciali, Starace

Champion number 1
08-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Also Bolelli on the way to top 100, probably about 1 year yet.

Di Mauro just lost to Chadaj in 3 but Starace has won against Koubek. Get to the QF Potito.

Champion number 1
08-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Good win for Volandri over Kubot (lost just 4 games) and now he faces Mayer in round 2. Winnable but tough still.

Christina
08-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know when Fognini will be back from his injury?

ciccio
08-04-2005, 04:17 AM
i'm not sure about fognini, also why hasn't seppi been playing the last couple of weeks

Champion number 1
08-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Seppi played last week but went out in round 1. This week must be a rest week.

Volandri went out to Mayer in straigts today so he is still not near his best, but a great win for Potito over Moya in 3. This is a big win for him and now he enters the quarter v Acasuso. Please beat him Starace. Then you can go to the semi-final for the first time this year :)

WinterDreams
08-04-2005, 08:14 PM
:eek: Potito beat Moya :clap2: :clap2: :bigclap:
Daniele won not only singles but also doubles in Segovia :clap2: :bigclap: :bigclap:
He works now very hard...

BTW Seppi played last week in Kitzbühel and unfortunately lost against Verdasco in the 1st round.
This weekend he will play in the Qualy in Montreal, I think. (???)

WinterDreams
08-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Wow Potito :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Daniele also :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Forza! Forza!

ciccio
08-06-2005, 08:07 AM
hopefully potito beats monfils, he needed to do well this week, semi-finals is great but it would be fantastic if he can make the final and win his first ever tournament.

Luke
08-06-2005, 12:15 PM
here is Photo Gallery of Potito Starace during match against Moya if enyone interested:

http://inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=gallery&id=134

Champion number 1
08-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Starace lost to Monfils in 3 but Potito gains 50 pts from this event and will move up the rankings significantly. Possibly not top 100 though. Bracciali also lost in the semi of Segovia challenger.

Seppi lost in Montreal quali :( but Sanguinetti won :)

ciccio
08-07-2005, 08:16 AM
bolleli is in the final of the trani challenger

ciccio
08-08-2005, 03:23 AM
so far this year has been a good one for italian tennis, with the likes of Bracciali and Seppi showing that they are capable of competing on the atp tour, the rankings currently stand as.

36 Volandri, Filippo (ITA )
54 Sanguinetti, Davide (ITA )
72 Seppi, Andreas (ITA )
91 Bracciali, Daniele (ITA )
103 Starace, Potito (ITA )
116 Di Mauro, Alessio (ITA )
131 Aldi, Francesco (ITA )
181 Luzzi, Federico (ITA )
200 Bolelli, Simone (ITA )

Champion number 1
08-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Yes it been a good year but Im still waiting for that gem to find. We now have 5 or 6 consistent tour players but I want just 1 top 10 player or something.

Turi
08-08-2005, 02:51 PM
so far this year has been a good one for italian tennis, with the likes of Bracciali and Seppi showing that they are capable of competing on the atp tour, the rankings currently stand as.

36 Volandri, Filippo (ITA )
54 Sanguinetti, Davide (ITA )
72 Seppi, Andreas (ITA )
91 Bracciali, Daniele (ITA )
103 Starace, Potito (ITA )
116 Di Mauro, Alessio (ITA )
131 Aldi, Francesco (ITA )
181 Luzzi, Federico (ITA )
200 Bolelli, Simone (ITA )

Hello to everybody, i'm an italian fan of Fillo, Dado and Poto :rolleyes: :D
Unfortunately, Simone Bolelli lost the final in TRani, but i think he will become a very strong player!

ciccio
08-12-2005, 01:20 AM
does anyone know if Bracciali's injury to his left knee is bad, or is it nothing to worry about?

ciccio
08-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes it been a good year but Im still waiting for that gem to find. We now have 5 or 6 consistent tour players but I want just 1 top 10 player or something.

hopefully bolleli can turn into that gem player that we need

piccola_romana
08-20-2005, 08:18 PM
eccoci qui, gli italiani alzino la mano!!!!

there we are: italians raise your hand! :wavey:

ciccio
08-21-2005, 01:59 PM
ciao romana, come stai? io chiamo Francesco, sono un italo-australiano, mio padre nato in castiglione di sicilia (una provinca di catania).

piccola_romana
08-21-2005, 03:30 PM
ciao romana, come stai? io chiamo Francesco, sono un italo-australiano, mio padre nato in castiglione di sicilia (una provinca di catania).

ciao! dalla capitale tutto bene! you're so far away!!! ohhh what a beautiful thing! so do you like italian tennis: you have a strong stomach! ;)

ciccio
08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
ciao! dalla capitale tutto bene! you're so far away!!! ohhh what a beautiful thing! so do you like italian tennis: you have a strong stomach! ;)

si, io piace tennis italiano. i miei giocatori favoriti sono Bracciali, Sanguinetti, Volandri, Seppi

speriamo che l'italia tovare una giocatori per il top 20, forse bolelli o fognini in 2-3 anni. Volandri era un boun giocatore, pero solo campo clay. (scusa ma mio italiano non era bouna come tuo inglese)

piccola_romana
08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
dai non credo che il mio italiano possa essere così buono!

anyway i'm sad when i see italian players, 'cause they seem not competitive. starace for example has a great talent but he is not yet in 100!
and they are too limited to clay court.
now semptember will come and spain will defeat 5 to 0.
quoting kill bill: " spain deserve her victory and we deserve to loose!" :sad:

Éowyn
08-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Daniele won the final qualifying round for the uso 7-6 7-6 :bounce:

WinterDreams
08-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi Éowyn :wavey: How are you?

Yesterday I was so happy that Daniele finaly won against Berrer and he is now in the main draw. :bigclap: But his opponent in the 1st round is my favorite Tommy... :mad:

In Germany only Eurosport show us USO and I don't think that they'll show us this match. Will any Italian TV broadcast USO? I can catch RAI1, RAI2, RAI3, RaiSportSat...and some more. But if they'll play on court without TV cameras, we won't watch the match anyhow...

piccola_romana
08-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi Éowyn :wavey: How are you?

Yesterday I was so happy that Daniele finaly won against Berrer and he is now in the main draw. :bigclap: But his opponent in the 1st round is my favorite Tommy... :mad:

In Germany only Eurosport show us USO and I don't think that they'll show us this match. Will any Italian TV broadcast USO? I can catch RAI1, RAI2, RAI3, RaiSportSat...and some more. But if they'll play on court without TV cameras, we won't watch the match anyhow...

sorry but in italy too we'll see uso only on eurosport....

WinterDreams
08-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks a lot for your information, piccola_romana!
It's a shame...

Éowyn
08-28-2005, 12:56 AM
we get it on interactive we get 5 court coverage so we can choose our match

i didn't realise he had tommy though that sucks :sad:

piccola_romana
08-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks a lot for your information, piccola_romana!
It's a shame...

it isn't a shame...in italy no one watch tennis so free to air television cannot buy the rights to see tennis matches... and also satellite television did not buy them because the uso are playing when in italy is night,so few people watch them.

WinterDreams
08-28-2005, 08:17 PM
we get it on interactive we get 5 court coverage so we can choose our match

i didn't realise he had tommy though that sucks :sad:
:eek: 5 court coverage! It's a dream for us who live in Germany.

WinterDreams
08-28-2005, 08:21 PM
it isn't a shame...in italy no one watch tennis so free to air television cannot buy the rights to see tennis matches... and also satellite television did not buy them because the uso are playing when in italy is night,so few people watch them.
Sorry, if I useed a incorrect word with "shame". I wanted to say "It's a pity!" I hope you'll understand what I mean.

In Germany every year less tennis matches are showed. Broadcasters say "tennis is dead!" because there is no top-ten player in Germany now. Until last year the pay-tv showed us only 2-3 hours every day, but all of Masters Series. But this year they showed us only the Masters in Hamburg and the tournament in Stuttgart. Now they show more football, golf, basketball, F1... I understand it's very expensive to buy rights for broadcasting of tennis. But it's a pity...

Éowyn
08-29-2005, 12:01 AM
daniele play tommy robby on court 6 tomorrow which looking at the clock now actually means it's today

piccola_romana
08-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Sorry, if I useed a incorrect word with "shame". I wanted to say "It's a pity!" I hope you'll understand what I mean.

In Germany every year less tennis matches are showed. Broadcasters say "tennis is dead!" because there is no top-ten player in Germany now. Until last year the pay-tv showed us only 2-3 hours every day, but all of Masters Series. But this year they showed us only the Masters in Hamburg and the tournament in Stuttgart. Now they show more football, golf, basketball, F1... I understand it's very expensive to buy rights for broadcasting of tennis. But it's a pity...

i understand you..in italy we have no tennis in free-to-air television: neither davis cup! if you want to watch tennis you must subscribe to satellite television and you can see: all master series tournaments, an interactive version of wimbledon (8 court coverage! :worship: ) and some minor tournamet like bastad. and also you can see what eurosport shows.
it is a good offer, but you have to pay it a lot!
but this year a free-to-air television channel showed the last matches from rome masters. what an audience they had! maybe something will change...

piccola_romana
08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
and i'm really disappointed by flavia pennetta...she has to speak less spanish and try to be a champion! i think she is a good tennisplayer, top ten...but she is too taken by her role of Carlos Moya's girlfirend! :devil:

ciccio
09-05-2005, 05:15 AM
well done Davide, great win against the Paradorn, hopefully he can beat nalbandian

Raizen
09-13-2005, 05:15 PM
In Bucharest

Primo turno(1st round)
(4)Victor Hanescu (ROM) b. Potito Starace (ITA) 63 62
Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) b. Razvan Sabau (ROM) 64 63
(2)Filippo Volandri (ITA) b. Tomas Behrend (GER) 62 64

Secondo turno(2nd round)
Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) vs (4)Victor Hanescu (ROM)
(2)Filippo Volandri (ITA) vs Florent Serra (FRA)

piccola_romana
09-14-2005, 10:09 AM
ok i have to say: volandri f@@@ you, starace f@@@ you.

dear filo, please would you play (and loose) davis cup without asking 25000 € only to play? greedy!

dear poto, wow you have won a challenge! what a great player you are! could you beat hanescu? oh you can't? you are a loser!

ciccio
09-17-2005, 05:43 AM
ok i have to say: volandri f@@@ you, starace f@@@ you.

dear filo, please would you play (and loose) davis cup without asking 25000 € only to play? greedy!

dear poto, wow you have won a challenge! what a great player you are! could you beat hanescu? oh you can't? you are a loser!

can u please tell me what the hell is going on with this italian davis cup team. How come volandri and sanguinetti aren't playing?

Ok Bracciali and Galimberti in the doubles is expected but for singles i would of expected Volandri and either Davide or Andreas. What is going on?

piccola_romana
09-17-2005, 08:22 AM
can u please tell me what the hell is going on with this italian davis cup team. How come volandri and sanguinetti aren't playing?

Ok Bracciali and Galimberti in the doubles is expected but for singles i would of expected Volandri and either Davide or Andreas. What is going on?

it is a simple problem:
1) our strongest ( :eek: ) player is a clay player...volandri.
2) the others players prefer clay to fast court (starace and seppi)
3) the spain isn't strong on clay, she has weak players, nadal? who's nadal?
the obviuos thing to do is choose clay. :confused:

then sanguinetti is too old, bracciali cannot play on clay...and this is italian strategy to win (?) davis cup: volandri, starace, seppi, galimberti.

then due to players greedy (they asked 25000 € more each one only to play) FIT decided to talk to players: starace, seppi, galimberti accepted 18750 € each without asking more, but volandri not! he is our best player and he wants to be paid 25000 €!
so barazutti, our captain, and FIT decided to not call volandri and call bracciali.

if from the start FIT decided to play on fast court and call (instead of volandri and starace) sanguinetti and bracciali, maybe we would have a little chanche to wi against spain!

ciccio
09-17-2005, 09:02 AM
it is a simple problem:
1) our strongest ( :eek: ) player is a clay player...volandri.
2) the others players prefer clay to fast court (starace and seppi)
3) the spain isn't strong on clay, she has weak players, nadal? who's nadal?
the obviuos thing to do is choose clay. :confused:

then sanguinetti is too old, bracciali cannot play on clay...and this is italian strategy to win (?) davis cup: volandri, starace, seppi, galimberti.

then due to players greedy (they asked 25000 € more each one only to play) FIT decided to talk to players: starace, seppi, galimberti accepted 18750 € each without asking more, but volandri not! he is our best player and he wants to be paid 25000 €!
so barazutti, our captain, and FIT decided to not call volandri and call bracciali.

if from the start FIT decided to play on fast court and call (instead of volandri and starace) sanguinetti and bracciali, maybe we would have a little chanche to wi against spain!

i carn't believe volandri did that, that is no respect for the country. They shouldn't have to be paid anything to play davis cup, it should be considered an honour to represent your country.

In terms of the court, i agree, we should of played in milan on an indoor court with Bracciali, Sanguinetti as the singles players and braccialli and galimberti for the doubles.

piccola_romana
09-18-2005, 09:34 AM
i carn't believe volandri did that, that is no respect for the country. They shouldn't have to be paid anything to play davis cup, it should be considered an honour to represent your country.

In terms of the court, i agree, we should of played in milan on an indoor court with Bracciali, Sanguinetti as the singles players and braccialli and galimberti for the doubles.

italy: the country of contradiction.....

ciccio
09-20-2005, 06:15 AM
phillipousis ha fatto la stesa cosa per la squadra australiana, ma io non pensato che fillipo e come phillipousis.

WinterDreams
11-13-2005, 10:08 AM
FORZA DANIELE!
Win the title in Bratislava!
It's not easy, but you can do it!!! :D

WinterDreams
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
What a pity... :sad:
The No. 20 in the world was a little too strong at home...
However it was a great week for Daniele. :D

Best of luck in Ukraine, Daniele!!!

Éowyn
11-13-2005, 10:56 PM
aww poor daniele still it's been nice to be coming home from work each day to see him winning

Kristen
01-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Andreas Sepi, training with Victor Hanescu today

Kristen
01-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Seppi, yesterday.

margaret_gn
01-12-2006, 10:09 AM
He beat hewitt :D he's great! I love him!

*great photos btw :)

Action Jackson
01-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Great pics and good to see Seppi going forward in a good way and beating Hewitt is always good.

Kristen
01-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Another from Sydney...against Vliegen.

I will have a couple of Bracciali as well, from his doubles match in melbourne...

Kristen
01-28-2006, 04:30 AM
Bracciali in doubles action against Bhupathi/Moodie

Champion number 1
01-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I havent visited here for a while, but Italian tennis is still on the up. I hope that within the next 2 years Italy finds a player of the top 10.

Kristen
02-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Sydney, 2006.

scarecrows
02-24-2006, 08:34 PM
I havent visited here for a while, but Italian tennis is still on the up. I hope that within the next 2 years Italy finds a player of the top 10.

Top 10 maybe it's too much but Seppi, Fognini or Bolelli can come close to the top 20

Champion number 1
02-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Seppi is realistic for top 20 if he continues to find good form like he has the last few months. Fognini is impressive. Especially against Moya but he will need time yet to make even the top 100.

italy_tennis
04-03-2006, 08:47 AM
RANKING

n.32 http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/images/V254_AT.jpg

n.52 http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/images/S480_AS.jpg

n.54 http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/images/SA93_AT.jpg

n.66 http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/images/B570_AS.jpg

n.83 http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/images/S843_AS.jpg

n.86 http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/images/D330_AT.jpg

Truc
04-22-2006, 01:18 PM
A few pics of Di Mauro's 1st round match in MC:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6844/p10100011ti.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100011ti.jpg)
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2373/p10100025zk.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100025zk.jpg)
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2310/p10100032vi.th.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100032vi.jpg)
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7447/p10100048dy.th.jpg (http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100048dy.jpg)
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6138/p10100050pm.th.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100050pm.jpg)

diddlina90
04-24-2006, 09:06 AM

I hope so.........i think in this period italian tennis is doing a big step to arrive far......Di mauro arrived in to the third round last week,at roland garros there will be in 6 in the main draw,and the italian team will have a wild card to play at world team cup.........
GO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Champion number 1
04-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Yes and this week Volandri, Di Mauro, Starace and Bracciali all went into the second round of the tournaments they are participating in. I will update on further progress/failiure

Champion number 1
04-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Bracciali is the only one to advance to the QF of Casablanca. He beat Waske in straights and now faces Horna.

Champion number 1
04-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Congrats Daniele. Bracciali is through to the final of Casablance to face Massu. His first ATP final and will make big moves in the rankings.

Champion number 1
04-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Bracciali has won his first ATP title in Casablanca with a straight sets win over Massu.

FORZA BRACCIALI! Great win for him!

diddlina90
05-01-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm very happy for daniele.....WELL DONE!!!!!!!

Champion number 1
05-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Rankings: 1st may

Volandri 45 (-1)
Bracciali 51 (+17)
Seppi 56 (-3)
Sanguinetti 59 (-8)
Starace 77
Di Mauro 83 (+1)
Cipolla 154 (-4)
Bolelli 172 (-2)
Aldi 173 (-7)
Luzzi 185 (-10)

diddlina90
05-01-2006, 11:19 AM
has bracciali got best ranking??i think,when italy will face spain for the play-offs,they will do better than last year..........there is volandri this year....seppi,di mauro and bracciali are doing well this year.....GOOOO ITALY!!!!!!!!!

piccola_romana
05-01-2006, 05:14 PM
has bracciali got best ranking??i think,when italy will face spain for the play-offs,they will do better than last year..........there is volandri this year....seppi,di mauro and bracciali are doing well this year.....GOOOO ITALY!!!!!!!!!

è una consolazione vedere che un torneo sulla terra viene vinto dall'italiano meno adatto a vincere su questa superficie...

quindi: daniele sei un grande! complimenti per la vittoria!

altri giocatori italiani: vergognatevi.

Champion number 1
05-01-2006, 10:17 PM
This week huge match for our young hope. Fignini has qualified for the torneo in Portugal and faces Safin. Quality!

Azzaro also qualified for that tournament.

diddlina90
05-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately fognini lost to safin...........

Champion number 1
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes but its not such a big deal for now. Fognini has done well already to qualify for two main ATP events this year. If he stops with the injuries he can try and push up the rankings.

diddlina90
05-07-2006, 02:37 PM
FOGNINI IS in the main draw of rome after defeated Djokovic,there are also volandri,seppi,sanguinetti and....who?

Champion number 1
05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Ok well a great weekend for the qualies. In the fact that Fabio Fognini has made a giant stride to becoming the player we know he can be. He beat Djokovic in three sets after beating Sabau in straihgts in the 1st round. Forza and now he faces Tommy Johnasson, tough, but he has a chance considering he beat Djoko.

Stefano Galvani the old legend also qualified. Great for him and he also has chance of progression as he plays Jiri Novak.

We also have 6 others already in the main draw.

Volandri faces Andy Murray in one of the intriguing matches (in my opinion) for round 1. Unforutnately if Filo wins he faces Nadal (or Moya).

Starace faces Tursonov. Winnable match but Potito faces Federer (or Chela) if he wins.

Bracciali has got probably the toughest match because he faces Nicolas Kiefer. I think he has a chance though.

Sanguinetti faces Alberto Martin, that is 50/50

Seppi faces Youzhny and has a really good chance if he performs.

Bolelli has got Verdasco, for me Bolelli has no chance but a surprise is always possible.

Forza Italiani.

diddlina90
05-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Unfortunately bracciali lost :sad: :sad: :sad: he did a great first set!!!also seppi lost :sad: :sad: :sad: .......

Champion number 1
05-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Starace and Galvani advanced.

diddlina90
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Starace and Galvani advanced.

sTARACE too

diddlina90
05-11-2006, 11:05 AM
unfortunately yesterday starace,galvani and volandri lost.......

Champion number 1
05-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Rabkings 15 May 06

50. Bracciali
52. Volandri
64. Sanguinetti
70. Seppi
78. Starace
80. Di Mauro
153. Cipolla
169. Galvani
172. Bolelli
192. Luzzi

piccola_romana
05-17-2006, 10:25 AM
w bracciali
boooo volandri

05-22-2006, 08:20 PM
As of 05/22/06 the ATP Site showed Seppi is ranked #69 which is up 1 position :) And I wish him good luck in Austria :)

Champion number 1
05-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Starace won in Austria.... very good win against Martin

Champion number 1
05-22-2006, 08:54 PM
54. Bracciali
55. Volandri
65. Sanguinetti
69. Seppi
78. Starace
81. Di Mauro
157. Galvani
168. Cipolla
173. Bolelli
191. Luzzi

rrfnpump
05-26-2006, 05:10 PM
2006 Düsseldorf Davide Sanguinetti

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/1153/img1593dp.th.jpg (http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/1153/img1593dp.jpg)

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/8523/img1602fv.th.jpg (http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/8523/img1602fv.jpg)

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/9800/img1617cb.th.jpg (http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/9800/img1617cb.jpg)

diddlina90
05-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi everybody!!!!!
have u seen italian draw???it's a good one i think

qualifier vs Volandri
Gicquel vs DiMauro
Seppi vs qualifier
Starace vs Saretta
Bracciali vs Sanguinetti

i think that's all......................

Champion number 1
05-27-2006, 09:50 AM
The First round draws are quite good, its after that they get quite tough.

diddlina90
05-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Korolev def Seppi
Volandri def Pless
Galvani def Mayer
Bracciali vs Sanguinetti was suspended

Champion number 1
05-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Di Mauro and Starace also lost so it means that there will be 3 Italians in the 2nd round when Bracciali and Sanguinetti finish their match. Unfortunately all Italians could be out after this :(

diddlina90
06-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Next week there will be 2 tournament on grass...the italians involved there,are

Queen's-->Bracciali,Di Mauro
Halle-->Seppi,Sanguinetti

diddlina90
06-12-2006, 04:34 PM
INDESIT ATP Rankings

54Bracciali, Daniele (ITA)

56Volandri, Filippo (ITA)

64Sanguinetti, Davide (ITA)

72Seppi, Andreas (ITA)

74Starace, Potito (ITA)

82Di Mauro, Alessio (ITA)

Kristen
06-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Paolo Lorenzi at #241. Come on... I want to see some tennis from him in January in qualifying events!!! :D

Super-Fabio
06-15-2006, 12:52 PM
good luck to all italians :D

Super-Fabio
06-16-2006, 10:05 AM
ATP (12 June 2006)

54 Daniele Bracciali (0)
56 Filippo Volandri (-1)
64 Davide Sanguinetti (+1)
72 Andreas Seppi (-3)
74 Potito Starace (+3)
82 Alessio Di Mauro (-1)
142 Stefano Galvani (+16)
145 Flavio Cipolla (+25)
171 Simone Bolelli (+2)
194 Uros Vico (+6)
196 Federico Luzzi (-4)
202 Giorgio Galimberti (-5)
235 Francesco Aldi (-27)
241 Paolo Lorenzi (0)
257 Simone Vagnozzi (+8)
264 Andrea Stoppini (-4)
266 Fabio Fognini (+14)
287 Leonardo Azzaro (+10)
304 Marco Pedrini (+2)
378 Gianluca Naso (-19)
386 Marco Crugnola (+8)
406 Alberto Brizzi (+20)
420 Daniele Giorgini (+8)
432 Fabio Colangelo (+1)
434 Massimo Dell'Acqua (-144)
435 Francesco Piccari (-5)
442 Alessandro Da Col (+49)
464 Manuel Jorquera (+9)
472 Federico Torresi (+18)
486 Tomas Tenconi (-126)
495 Giancarlo Petrazzuolo (+20)
523 Alessandro Accardo (-72)
546 Alberto Giraudo (+96)
548 Massimo Ocera (-8)
581 Giuseppe Menga (-12)
582 Stefano Ianni (-5)
596 Alessandro Piccari (-94)
613 Enrico Burzi (+19)
647 Riccardo Ghedin (+11)
652 Adriano Biasela (0)
675 Arkady Bassetti (-1)
685 Matteo Volante (+26)
695 Matteo Colla (+2)

--------------------------------------

728 Matteo Galli (+43)
779 Andrea Arnaboldi (+29)
946 Claudio Grassi (+116)

Kristen
06-17-2006, 04:40 AM
Bracciali at 54! I have been living under a rock :o

Champion number 1
06-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Its about time Fognini pushed for top 200, but he has like some months where he plays no tennis at all :( and also Filo is slipping, hes currently resting while we have no very good tennis player able to be in top 50 at the moment now Filo is down. Hopefully Flavio and Simone can begin to push for top 100 soon.

diddlina90
06-17-2006, 12:15 PM
on sportitalia.it there's an article written by Caperchi....it is very funny.....it's about Fognini....

Champion number 1
06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Seppi won his 1st round match in Nottingham. 6-4 in the third. Congrats Andreas, time to regain some form!

diddlina90
06-20-2006, 11:39 AM
today bracciali is playing against Almagro..he lost the first set 1-6 but he is serving for the set 5-3.....if he won,he has Gasquet...at s-Hertogenbosch Sanguinetti lost 6-7 6-7 to Zverev.....

Champion number 1
06-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Bracciali won that match and indeed faces Gasquet today. Hopefully Daniele can win, he started to play good v Almagro.

Seppi has reached the quarter after an impressive win against Hrbarty. Well done Andreas, but now he faces a difficult test against Murray or Mirnyi.

diddlina90
06-21-2006, 12:57 PM
i was going to write this :) :) :) :) ....

Champion number 1
06-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Bracciali lost in straight sets. He will have to give a good Wimbledon. With a good draw Bracciali is capable of 3rd round or 4th round, but thats only with a good draw.

Champion number 1
06-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Tomorrow morning I think I will be leaving my house at 9.30am for Roehampton to watch Bolelli v Galvani, Cipolla v Dorsch and Oprandi v Castellvi in Wimbledon qualies... all matches start at 11am... then at about 1 I will leave back for home to watch Italy v Czech :)

diddlina90
06-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Tomorrow morning I think I will be leaving my house at 9.30am for Roehampton to watch Bolelli v Galvani, Cipolla v Dorsch and Oprandi v Castellvi in Wimbledon qualies... all matches start at 11am... then at about 1 I will leave back for home to watch Italy v Czech :)

Have fun!!!!!!!

EDIT.....
SEPPI WON 7-6 4-6 6-1.......

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Seppi rocker beat Murray on grass! :aparty:
Thanks for the bet! :kiss:

diddlina90
06-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Italian WImbledon draw

POTITO STARACE – Mikhail Youznhy
STEFANO GALVANI-Alexander Waske
DANIELE BRACCIALI-Dominik Hrbaty
FILIPPO VOLANDRI-Lleyton Hewitt
ANDREAS SEPPI-Jamie Baker
DAVIDE SANGUINETTI-Kevin Kim
ALESSIO DI MAURO-Alberto Martin

Champion number 1
06-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Yes the performance of Seppi to beat Murray is great. He lost in the SF though to Bjorkman easily who is very good on grass, but in all, a very good tournament for Seppi and some confidence is back.

For the wimbly draw. Starace in current form will go out, especially on grass, but I hope Im wrong. Galvani I hope to advance. Bracciali has a difficult match, but with possibilities to advance. Volandri will go out :( Seppi I hope goes through and also Davide and Alessio have good chances to advance. Alessio with the tougher match up.

diddlina90
06-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Italian Results

Youzhny d. STARACE
SANGUINETTI d. Kim
BRACCIALI d. Hrbaty
SEPPI def Baker

Champion number 1
06-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I saw Bracciali play at Wimbledon. I was cheering him on court 19 and he was excellent.

diddlina90
06-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Bad News
Martin d. DI MAURO
Ancic d. SANGUINETTI
Hewitt d. VOLANDRI

Champion number 1
07-02-2006, 01:43 PM
All Italian men out now.

Bracciali was the last survivor in the third round and should be happy with his performance. Italian tennis is in a solid state, but we really need 1 or 2 of them to try and firstly break the top 50 and then aim for top 20. Especially Seppi who clearly has all the tools apart from nerve and also Starace has loads of ability, but sucks often enough.

Why cant Volandri try out a new servie technique also? If he had a better serve he would be able to go for top 20.

Champion number 1
07-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Also can someone tell me where Fabio Fognini is?

Champion number 1
07-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Congrats to Simone Bolelli who won the Biella Challenger this week.

rrfnpump
07-19-2006, 01:58 PM
2006 Stuttgart
some pics of Andreas (he hasnt got his own thread??)

Champion number 1
08-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Andrea Stoppini just pulled of an amazing win against Agassi 64 63 to reach the 3rd round in Washington. This is the best tournament of his career. Hes came through qualifying and now won 2 matches and will definitely move up from his ranking of 248.

Super-Fabio
08-07-2006, 11:44 AM
56 Filippo Volandri (+2)
62 Daniele Bracciali (-3)
68 Davide Sanguinetti (-1)
70 Andreas Seppi (-1)
94 Alessio Di Mauro (+3)
95 Potito Starace (-14)
105 Stefano Galvani (+9)
146 Simone Bolelli (-11)
150 Flavio Cipolla (-5)
182 Uros Vico (-4)
187 Federico Luzzi (+4)
223 Giorgio Galimberti (-14)
224 Andrea Stoppini (+22)
227 Paolo Lorenzi (-10)
247 Simone Vagnozzi (-3)
253 Fabio Fognini (-3)
288 Leonardo Azzaro (+8)

Champion number 1
08-07-2006, 02:41 PM
We need someone to get back into the top 50. If he regains form, then Volandri has the best chance, although he has 2 final spots to defend in Bucharest and Palermo after the US Open and if he doesnt his ranking can go down seriously.

Bracciali can make it back into the top 50 with some good form on the hard courts. Seppi doesnt seem to be improving lately. I hope Bolelli and Cipolla will make a push for the top 100 and Fognini a push for 150-200.

sweeticecream
08-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Great win, Davide Sanguinetti! :worship:

Champion number 1
08-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Yep. Sanguinetti with an amazing victory over Nalbandian with the loss of just 3 games. Forza Davide and good luck in round 2.

LilyRoseAva
08-08-2006, 03:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAoYqNmlbZE

Super-Fabio
08-10-2006, 11:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAoYqNmlbZE

Thx!

Super-Fabio
08-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Sanguinetti d. Hernych 6-4 7-6 :woohoo:

Super-Fabio
08-10-2006, 11:08 AM
AMS Toronto, Third Round

(Q)Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) vs (14)Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)

Good Luck Davide! :)

Super-Fabio
08-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Challenger San Marino, First Round

Martin Vassalo Arguello (ARG) d. (1)Filippo Volandri (ITA) 6-2 3-6 6-4
(6)Alessio Di Mauro (ITA) d. Juan Antonio Marin (CRC) 6-0 ret.
Alessandro Da Col (ITA) d. Martin Slanar (AUT) 6-4 7-5
Giorgio Galimberti (ITA) d. Ilija Bozoljac (SCG) 7-6 6-2
(7)Jiri Vanek (CZE) d. Simone Bolelli (ITA) 4-6 6-4 6-2
Federico Luzzi (ITA) d. Stefano Galvani (ITA) 4-6 6-4 6-4

Second Round

(6)Alessio Di Mauro (ITA) vs Benjamin Balleret (MON)
(5)Albert Montanes (ESP) d. Alessandro Da Col (ITA) 6-7 6-2 6-4
(8)Sergio Roitman (ARG) vs Giorgio Galimberti (ITA)
Federico Luzzi (ITA) d. Stefan Koubek (AUT) 7-6 6-4

Super-Fabio
08-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Challenger San Pietroburgo, First Round

Alberto Brizzi (ITA) d. Kamil Capkovic (SVK) 6-4 7-6
Marco Crugnola (ITA) d. Daniele Giorgini (ITA) 7-5 6-3
(8)Leonardo Azzaro (ITA) d. Igor Sijsling (NED) 6-2 7-5
Dawid Olejniczak (POL) d. Francesci Aldi (ITA) 6-3 7-5

Second Round

Alberto Brizzi (ITA) d. (7)Michal Navratil (CZE) 7-6 3-6 6-4
(3)Denis Istomin (UZB) d. Marco Crugnola (ITA) 7-6 6-7 6-3
Robin Haase (NED) d. (8)Leonardo Azzaro (ITA) 6-2 7-6

Super-Fabio
08-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Challenger Vigo, First Round

Simone Vagnozzi (ITA) d. (3)Ivan Navarro Pastor (ESP) 6-2 3-6 6-2
(2)Flavio Cipolla (ITA) d. Paul Baccanello (AUS) 6-4 7-6

Second Round

Simone Vagnozzi (ITA) d. Juan Martin Aranguren (ARG) 6-0 6-4
Daniel Munoz De La Nava (ESP) d. (2)Flavio Cipolla (ITA) 6-1 6-2

Super-Fabio
08-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Challenger Binghamton, First Round

Nathan Healey (AUS) d. Fabio Fognini (ITA) 3-6 7-5 6-4
Scott Oudsema (USA) d. Andrea Stoppini (ITA) 4-6 6-1 6-2
(7)Uros Vico (ITA) d. Robert Smeets (AUS) 6-2 6-2

Second Round

(7)Uros Vico (ITA) vs Santiago Giraldo (COL)

Super-Fabio
08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Masters Series Toronto, Third Round

(14)Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) d. Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) 3-6 6-3 7-6

Nieminen saved 5 match points :bigcry:

Super-Fabio
08-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Challenger San Marino, Second Round

(6)Alessio Di Mauro (ITA) d. Benjamin Balleret (MON) 7-6 6-2
(5)Albert Montanes (ESP) d. Alessandro Da Col (ITA) 6-7 6-2 6-4
(8)Sergio Roitman (ARG) d. Giorgio Galimberti (ITA) 6-4 6-2
Federico Luzzi (ITA) d. Stefan Koubek (AUT) 7-6 6-4

QF

(6)Alessio Di Mauro (ITA) vs Jerome Haehnel (FRA)
Maximo Gonzalez (ARG) vs Federico Luzzi (ITA)

Super-Fabio
08-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Challenger Vigo, QF

Simone Vagnozzi (ITA) d. Hector Ruiz Cadenas (ESP) 6-0 6-2

SF

(1)Fernando Vicente (ESP) vs Simone Vagnozzi (ITA)

Super-Fabio
08-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Challenger Binghamton, Second Round

Santiago Giraldo (COL) d. (7)Uros Vico (ITA) 6-3 1-0 ret. :sad:

Champion number 1
08-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Luzzi, Di Mauro and Vagnozzi left for this week

Super-Fabio
08-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Luzzi and Di Mauro in San Marino Semifinals :D

Vagnozzi lost 6-3 6-7 6-3 aganist Vicente in Vigo

Champion number 1
08-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Well no Italians in the main finals this week, but Luzzi gave a good week and I am happy for that. Also Vagnozzi did well.

Better news. Sanguinetti and Seppi have won their 1st round qualies for the masters series tournament in the US. Fognini and Naso went through in their qualifiers for a challenger event also.

TMJordan
08-13-2006, 04:02 AM
I hope Davide qualifies for Cincy and I really hope Daniele can beat that Roddick...I know he can..took Roddick to 5 at wimbledon last year...and Andy aint in good shape right now.

Champion number 1
08-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Bracciali is not in his best shape either. I think Roddick will still win unless Bracciali plays up to his best, which I hope he does. I really hope Davide and Andreas qualify for cincy.

Champion number 1
08-13-2006, 08:49 AM
In the second qualification round in the Bronx Challenger, Fognini has gone out to Jason Goodall :( 7-6 in the third, but better news with Naso and Stoppini going through to the final qualie round. Fognini doesnt seem in great form right now, but of course he isnt on his stronger surface, however I never throught he was so crap on hard court.

TMJordan
08-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Bracciali is not in his best shape either. I think Roddick will still win unless Bracciali plays up to his best, which I hope he does. I really hope Davide and Andreas qualify for cincy.

Yah I was actually at Daniele's first round match at the rogers cup against Tursunov he fell apart after a good first set and needed the trainer..but towards the end of the match he was saying he felt better, I hope he puts a solid effort forth and beats Andy!

Champion number 1
08-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Seppi qualifies for the tournament. He was one set and a break up when his opponent Troicki retired. Congrats Andreas!

Champion number 1
08-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Sanguinetti also battered Nathan Healey 61 62. Congrats on the Italian qualifiers :)

rrfnpump
08-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Andreas :clap2:

TMJordan
08-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Good luck Davide, beat that Vik!

Champion number 1
08-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Rankings:

Volandri 53 (+3)
Sanguinetti 60 (+8)
Bracciali 63 (-1)
Seppi 70
Di Mauro 88 (+6)
Starace 98 (-3)
Galvani 106 (-1)
Cipolla 149 (+1)
Bolelli 150 (-4)
Luzzi 174 (+13)
Vico 180 (+2)
Galimberti 219 (+4)
Vagnozzi 222 (+25)
Stoppini 224
Lorenzi 241 (-14)
Fognini 249 (+4)
Azzaro 285 (+3)

Champion number 1
08-14-2006, 08:42 PM
In today's challengers so far. Bolelli is through to the 2nd round of Bronx defeating Cakl in 3 sets. Aldi went out in Cordenons and Torresi went out in Graz in the first rounds.

Champion number 1
08-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Another win for Sanguinetti, this tiem in 3 sets. Seppi lost to Spadea :(

Sweet4Richard
08-16-2006, 02:01 AM
I hope this is the right place. Here are some photos of Simone Bolelli from his 1st round win over Tomas Cakl. They aren't the best, though, sorry :)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Miss_Piggy3/Bronx%20Challenger/8d7c73b7.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Miss_Piggy3/Bronx%20Challenger/3c8ab5f5.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Miss_Piggy3/Bronx%20Challenger/f276b3d1.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Miss_Piggy3/Bronx%20Challenger/695ed17c.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Miss_Piggy3/Bronx%20Challenger/90c00de2.jpg

I have to finish uploading my photos of Galvani from his match today. It may take a few days.

TMJordan
08-16-2006, 03:27 AM
I really hope Davide can beat Hrbaty.

One of my favorite tennis players against one of my most hated tennis players!

Forza Davide!

Champion number 1
08-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Yes Davide once more the only Italian left in the master series event going into round 2.

Bracciali played well though, but lost in 3 sets to Roddick, all of which went to tie-breaks.

Super-Fabio
08-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Bronx, Second Round

(1)Gilles Muller d. Simone Bolelli 7-5 6-2 :sobbing: :sobbing:

Super-Fabio
08-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Cincy, Second Round

(16)Hrbaty d. Sanguinetti 6-3 6-2 :sad:

Champion number 1
08-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Not a good week for Italians

italy the best
08-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Not a good week for Italians

next week we have well 4 players in new haven: volandri, bracciali, sanguinetti and seppi

Champion number 1
08-20-2006, 05:51 PM
In New Haven so far Seppi beat Phau in the first round 61 61. Very good win and goes on to play Chela in round 2.

Champion number 1
08-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Bracciali lost to Mahut 75 76 :(

sweeticecream
08-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Bracciali lost to Mahut 75 76 :(
What a pity! :sad:
So close once more... :(
I hope Mahut will win the tournament. :devil:

Super-Fabio
08-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Lopez d. Volandri 6-3 6-4 :sad:

12 aces for Feliciano...

Champion number 1
08-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Lopez is always difficult for Filo especially on this surface so no surprise.

Sanguinetti also defeated in straight sets to Mardy Fish.

Champion number 1
08-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Rankings:

Volandri 53
Sanguinetti 56 (+4)
Bracciali 65 (-2)
Seppi 71 (-1)
Di Mauro 88
Starace 99 (-1)
Galvani 105 (+1)
Bolelli 149 (+1)
Cipolla 151 (-2)
Luzzi 175 (-1)
Vico 178 (+2)
Vagnozzi 217 (+5)
Galimberti 218 (+1)
Stoppini 221 (+3)
Lorenzi 234 (+7)
Fognini 250 (-1)
Azzaro 286 (-1)

Champion number 1
08-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Draw for the Italian men in US Open qualifiers:

VICO - Sela (ISR)
GALVANI - Giraldo (Col)
VAGNOZZI - Kindlmann (Ger)
LUZZI - Fruttero (USA)
FOGNINI - Becker (Ger, 8)
GALIMBERTI - Pless (Den, 11)
BOLELLI - Levine (USA)
STOPPINI - Lammer (Sui)
LORENZI - Klec (Svk)

today order of the play:

ORDER OF PLAY

INZIO ORE 17

CAMPO 4
Terzo incontro: VICO-Sela (0-0)

CAMPO 6
Secondo Incontro: GALIMBERTI-Pless (1-1)

CAMPO 9

Quarto Incontro: VAGNOZZI-Kindlmann (0-2)

CAMPO 13

Primo Incontro: BOLELLI-Levine (0-0)

CAMPO 15

Terzo Incontro: GALVANI-Giraldo (0-0)

Champion number 1
08-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Seppi went out in New Haven 63 62 to Chela.

Bolelli has already lost in US Open 1st round qualies. bad lost for him 57 76 76.

Galimberti is losing 36 13

Champion number 1
08-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Vico and Galvani advanced to the second round qualifiers. Vagnozzi lost!

Tommy_Babyboy
08-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Davide
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/musik/h075.gif

Champion number 1
08-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Davide has just started his US campaign v Massu. Points to defend, he got to the 4th round last year.

Good luck to all Italians. 6 of them are in the mens draw.

Here are the rankings

53 Filippo Volandri
57 Davide Sanguinetti (-1)
64 Daniele Bracciali (+1)
71 Andreas Seppi
94 Alessio Di Mauro (-6)
100 Potito Starace (-1)
105 Stefano Galvani
146 Simone Bolelli (+3)
151 Flavio Cipolla
176 Federico Luzzi (-1)
178 Uros Vico

Champion number 1
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Sanguinetti lost :( 6-7 6-4 6-4 6-4

He battled well with Massu, but the Chilean had a little extra in his game.

Bracciali is playing now with Simon of France. Current score is Bracciali *3-4. Lot of pressure from Daniele in previous service game of Simon.

rrfnpump
09-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Andreas pffffffff :fiery:
lost to Gaudio in straight sets

maria87
09-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Andreas pffffffff :fiery:
lost to Gaudio in straight sets

HI!!

hi, i would love to invite you to my forum "Marat Safin Tennis and Art"

we love marat, tennis, sports, cinema, diversity of languages, poetry!

today we will follow live Marat-Nalbandian

We have Forums in different languajes, there beside all the news, pics, videos and everything on Marat and we have also Other Players topics!

also a Foro in Italiano! :worship: .Spanish,French,Magyar, Românesc, English! :worship:

come and have a look! hope you enjoy it!
io adoro l'Italia!

the link: http://maria55.proboards39.com/index.cgi

thanks! :wavey:

Champion number 1
09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
This week there are 4 Italians in the Bucharest main draw, but Volandri plays Vagnozzi immediately :( Also Galvani is in China.

Mr Brightside
09-12-2006, 05:37 PM
filo def. vagnozzi 3-6 6-2 6-2
roitman def. di mauro 6-3 6-2 :(
mayer def. starace 6-2 6-3 :(

Sandra
09-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Vagno :sad:

Champion number 1
09-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Galvani has also lost to Ancic but figh bravely losing 6-3 7-5. Not a good week again for Italians with Filo th eonly Italian left in the main draws of the main tournaments and its only round 2 :(

Sandra
09-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know what's the name of Vagno's coach?

Champion number 1
09-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Im not sure of his name

Good news is that Filo won 3/6 6/2 6/2 again and now into the quarters. Getting back to some sort of form is Pippo!

Sandra
09-14-2006, 09:50 PM
:sad:

Champion number 1
09-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Forza Filo. big win against Moya and he will go to the top 50 this week :)

Champion number 1
09-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Rankings as of September 18

38 Filippo Volandri +13
65 Daniele Bracciali
69 Andreas Seppi
74 Davide Sanguinetti +1
90 Alessio Di Mauro -2
103 Stefano Galvani +3
105 Potito Starace -4
127 Simone Bolelli -1
151 Federico Luzzi +7
177 Uros Vico
192 Simone Vagnozzi +2

Aleka
09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
some pics of Vagno's coach :lol: none with Vagno though :unsure:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c58395
Vagnozzi's Super coach

maria87
09-21-2006, 09:43 PM
ciao guys, i invite you to my forum "Marat Safin, Tennis and Art"
it's a different forum on Marat
not only Marat and not only pics and info about tennis and sports
but also movies, music, poetry and forums of different languages

English, Français, Spanish, Romanesc, Italian, Magyar Froums

come and see!

http://safinartenis.forumcircle.com/

alekita: thanks for you report on Romania Open! and your romanesc friend are waiting for you!

see you all!!
:wavey: :worship:

Super-Fabio
09-25-2006, 01:14 PM
for Sandra :)

the name of vagno's coach is NICOLA CERAGIOLI :D

Sandra
09-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Grazieeeeeeeeeee :hug:

Champion number 1
09-26-2006, 01:54 PM
38 Volandri
65 Bracciali
69 Seppi
74 Sanguinetti
94 Di Mauro -4
103 Starace +2
108 Galvani -5
127 Bolelli
150 Luzzi +1
171 Lorenzi +47
185 Vico -8

Champion number 1
10-03-2006, 08:43 AM
36 Volandri +2
66 Bracciali -1
77 Seppi -8
79 Sanguinetti -5
97 Di Mauro -3
100 Starace +3
114 Galvani -6
128 Bolelli -1
151 Luzzi -1
168 Lorenzi +3
196 Vico -11
200 Cipolla +3

Super-Fabio
10-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Metz, 2R

Djokovic d. Bracciali 6-0 6-3 :rolleyes:

Champion number 1
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Rankings:

34 Volandri +2
67 Bracciali -1
79 Sanguinetti
80 Seppi -3
97 Di Mauro
101 Starace -1
111 Galvani +3
127 Bolelli +1
150 Luzzi +1
169 Lorenzi -1
197 Vico -1

Champion number 1
10-09-2006, 09:36 AM
This week:

In Vienna, Bolelli has qualified, very good performance from him and he now faces Hrbaty in the first round. Di Mauro faces Mayer in the first round also

In Stockholm, Seppi matches up against Ferrer who has already beaten him twice. Difficult opponent, will probably lose. Sanguinetti also faces J. Johansson who is returning from injury.

In Moscow, Volandri's first round opponent is Jan Hernych. Normally doesnt win, but this is a small chance for Filo. Bracciali has a much more difficult test against Verdasco.

Super-Fabio
10-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Seppi lost 6-1 6-4 :sad:

Champion number 1
10-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Everyone so far has lost except Bracciali who won due to the retirement of Verdasco. Also Sanguinetti plays later today. Good luck to Bracciali for his next round!

Champion number 1
01-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Rankings: 29/01/07

44 Volandri (+1)
69 Bracciali (-3)
85 Seppi (+13)
86 Starace (+3)
98 Di Mauro (-6)
112 Sanguinetti (-11)
114 Galvani (-6)
117 Bolelli (+10)
151 Luzzi (-13)
183 Lorenzi (-6)
194 Fognini (+51)
199 Cipolla

Champion number 1
02-09-2007, 01:55 PM
From tennisteen

Di seguito un'altra intervista effettuata durante il challenger di Bergamo: il nostro Antonello Zani ha avvicinato Daniele Giorgini.

Ci troviamo al challenger di Bergamo e siamo in compagnia di Daniele Giorgini, che, seppur influenzato, ha gentilmente concesso in esclusiva un’intervista agli amici di Tennis Teen.

D: Daniele, nella passata stagione sei stato il giocatore italiano con più vittorie a livello Futures, ben cinque, quest’anno come ti presenti ai nastri di partenza?

R: Sto bene, ho fatto una buona preparazione invernale, l’infortunio patito ai piedi un anno e mezzo fa è un pallido ricordo, e con l’inizio del 2007 vorrei iniziare nel migliore dei modi la stagione, cercando fin da subito di salire in classifica. Vorrei puntare la mia attenzione sui tornei challenger: è questa la strada per fare punti pesanti e migliorare il ranking.

D: Molti pensavano che avresti tentato le qualificazioni in Australia, come mai non sei andato?

R: Perché ho deciso di fare una preparazione invernale più lunga, e di conseguenza una trasferta così lontana ed impegnativa mi avrebbe potuto condizionare negativamente per il proseguo della stagione.

D: La decisone di approdare alla corte di Fanucci come è maturata?

R:Con Fanucci sono stato sempre in contatto. E’ un ottimo allenatore, che tra l’altro allena il numero uno d’Italia Filippo Volandri, ed avere come guida tecnica una persona così preparata e competente non può far altro che alzare il livello qualitativo del mio tennis.

D: Il rapporto con Volandri, giocando nello stesso circolo ed avendo lo stesso allenatore, come lo inquadri nella tua crescita tennistica?

R: Avere la possibilità di allenarmi con Filippo, di essere consigliato da lui, di carpire qualche suo segreto, di vedere la meticolosità con cui si allena, non può che essere da stimolo per far sempre meglio. Io sono in un età, dove ho la consapevolezza di non poter più sbagliare. Voglio cercare di salire di classifica per poter entrare nei challenger, e fare punti che mi permettano scelte di programmazione più mirate. Sono consapevole che quest’anno sarà una stagione impegnativa ma sono pronto a fare la mia parte.

D: Capitolo Doping : cosa pensi di questa pratica illecita, che spesso ha toccato giocatori sud-americani?

R: Il doping è una cosa odiosa, una mancanza di rispetto per i giocatori puliti, che non usano scorciatoie vietate. Il caso Puerta è un precedente pericoloso, la riduzione di squalifica di questo giocatore non è il modo per indurre i giocatori a non doparsi più. E’ un messaggio sbagliato, chi viene colto a doparsi deve essere squalificato, sia che si tratti di un top 10 che di un giocatore n° 600 del mondo. Non si devono fare sconti, nessuna differenza di sorta.

D: Ringraziandoti per la tua disponibilità, ti faccio un grande in bocca al lupo per il tuo prossimo torneo a cui parteciperai, il future di Bari, sperando che il 2007 sia un anno ricco di successi e soddisfazioni.

R: Ti ringrazio, e mando un grandissimo saluto a tutti gli utenti di tennis teen, ringraziandoli per il loro sincero supporto.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Forza Daniele!

delsa
02-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Well done to Potito Starace for his win against Vassallo-Arguello! :yeah:

scarecrows
02-15-2007, 09:03 PM
2-3 years ago this would have been an all Italian match :lol:

Champion number 1
02-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Unbelievable Alessio Di Mauro has reached his first tour final at Beunos Aires... he faces Juan Monaco.

CooCooCachoo
02-25-2007, 10:36 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96140&page=3

Please support my request for an Italian forum :yeah:

Champion number 1
02-26-2007, 11:26 AM
I had my say

Rankings 26/2/07

55 Volandri
68 Di Mauro :)
88 Bracciali
94 Starace
102 Seppi :(
103 Sanguinetti
109 Galvani
114 Bolelli
157 Luzzi
181 Lorenzi
197 Fogini
199 Cipolla

Champion number 1
03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Luzzi won the Cherbourg challenger. Excellent tournament for him and some needed points for the rankings. Luzzi is one who should really be challenging for top 100.

Champion number 1
03-05-2007, 07:09 PM
54 Volandri
82 Bracciali
86 Di Mauro
93 Starace
102 Seppi
103 Sanguinetti
104 Galvani
113 Bolelli
140 Luzzi
184 Lorenzi
191 Fognini

scarecrows
03-22-2007, 04:54 PM
good day in challengers with both Fognini and Galvani winning

Champion number 1
03-22-2007, 09:52 PM
This may aswell be the offical rankings thread for Italian players :cool:

scarecrows
03-22-2007, 09:54 PM
or even a chat thread

Champion number 1
03-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Or both :D

scarecrows
03-22-2007, 09:57 PM
yup

can Bolelli enter top 100 with this 2nd round or needs 1 win more?

Mr Brightside
03-22-2007, 09:59 PM
for the first time men going better than girls :lol:

scarecrows
03-22-2007, 10:02 PM
that 0-4 of yesterday was unexpected but the seeds should do better from tomorrow

Champion number 1
03-22-2007, 10:15 PM
I would think that Bolelli needs more wins to get the top 100.

Champion number 1
03-23-2007, 02:52 PM
With this beign a genral chat thread I may aswell say that Galvani is in the SF of Rabat challenger today against Klec... good chance of a title for Stefano :) Maybe top 100 also?

Also in the Italian F6 future event in Catania, Di Meo (1307 in world) who qualified for the event and Pedrini (449 in world) have reached the SF

Champion number 1
03-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Galvani has reached the final of the Rabat challenger. An easy victory 61 63 over Klec and gets Patience or Roger vasselin in the final.

A really great victory for Galvani and a good achievement to get to this final.

scarecrows
03-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I was totally expecting this final from him

he's definitely the most reliable italian at the moment

Champion number 1
03-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Qualie draw for Napoli challenger is now available to see

(1) O. Marach - bye
P. Lageder - E. Fioravante
T. Kamke - P. De Siena
J. Kerr-(8) - D. Gimeno Traver

Marach should qualify from this section, the Italian players have little chance. Fioravante is an unranked 16 year old. Would be interesting to see how he gets on. Lageder is an unranked 20 year old and I have no clue of who De Siena is.

(2) A. Ungur - G. Naso
E. Castaldi - S. Ventura
G. Pirozzi - A. Brizzi
A. Maiorano - (6) A. Golubev

From this only Naso and Brizzi have some chances to qualify, but Ventura must be fave I think.

(3) P. Cuevas - A. Da Col
M. Dell'Acqua - F. Torresi
D. Giorgini - A. Tsekhovych
C. Poch-Gradin - (7) J. Reister

Giorgini with the best of hope of Italy from this lot, but Torresi and Da Col have chances. Cuevas fave to qualify from this side.

(4) M. Crugnola - A. Accardo
S. Briganti - S. Ianni
F. Aldi - V. Hanescu
S. Saoudi - (5) H. Ruiz-Cadenas

Curgnola and Ianni will have chances. I hope Aldi can regain form to which he got to top 150 in world.

Champion number 1
03-24-2007, 09:52 AM
In Catania both Pedrini and Di Meo lost resulting in no Italians in the final :(

Semifinali

(6) Gabriel Trujillo (ESP) d. (3) Marco Pedrini (ITA) 6-4 6-0
Juan Pablo Villar (ARG) d. Giulio Di Meo (ITA) 7-6 6-1

Champion number 1
03-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Fioravante, the unknown (to me) 16 year old just beat Marach the first seed of the qualifiers :dance:

So far he and Giorgini are into the final round of qualies.

Champion number 1
03-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Napoli Challenger draw is out

Primo Turno

(1)Ernests Gulbis (LAT) vs Giancarlo Petrazzuolo (ITA)
Marcel Granollers Puyol (ESP) vs Pablo Andujar (ESP)
Younes El Ayanoui (MAR) vs Adrian Voinea (ROU)
(5)Alexander Peya (AUT) vs Lukasz Kubot (POL)

(3)Nicolas Devilder (FRA) vs Frederico Gil (POR)
Bjorn Phau (GER) vs (q)
Albert Portas (ESP) vs Robin Vik (CZE)
(8)Werner Eschauer (AUT) vs (q)

(7)Carlos Berlocq (ARG) vs Fabio Fognini (ITA)
Federico Luzzi (ITA) vs Ivan Navarro Pastor (ESP)
Mathieu Montcourt (FRA) vs (q)
(4)Potito Starace (ITA) vs Jiri Vanek (CZE)

(6)Oscar Hernandez (ESP) vs Andrea Stoppini (ITA)
Flavio Cipolla (ITA) vs (q)
Gianluca Naso (ITA) vs Michael Berrer (GER)
(2)Alessio Di Mauro (ITA) vs Gorka Fraile (ESP)

CooCooCachoo
03-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Flavio can win his first round, but then Oscar again :(

scarecrows
03-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Oscar will tank this tournament and train in grass instead

Champion number 1
03-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Sono Simone Bolelli, Daniele Bracciali, Andreas Seppi e Potito Starace.

That is the squad for the davis cup against Israel.

scarecrows
03-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Sono Simone Bolelli, Daniele Bracciali, Andreas Seppi e Potito Starace.

That is the squad for the davis cup against Israel.

Volandri injured or problems again with federation?

Super-Fabio
03-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Volandri injured or problems again with federation?

he want to prepare well the clay season..

Champion number 1
03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Hopefully we can beat Israel anyway with that squad. Anyone know the surface it will be on?

Super-Fabio
03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Hopefully we can beat Israel anyway with that squad. Anyone know the surface it will be on?

hard....of course...

Champion number 1
03-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Well in this case its good that Volandri is not called. Seppi and Starace should play the singles.

scarecrows
03-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Seppi should be sure for a singles place after his later performances

still doubtful about the 2nd

Champion number 1
03-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes Starace or Bracciali.. I wouldnt play Bolelli yet.

As for other news

Luzzi beat Navarro in Napoli to reach the 2nd round :)

Also in Fes, Vagnozzi and Galvani were winners and reached round 2

Champion number 1
03-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Good news in Mexico where Lorenzi (fast improving) won easily against Ramirez.