Andy Forum Issues - please read [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy Forum Issues - please read

Deboogle!.
07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi guys :hug:

Ok, as a lot of you know, there have been some board issues in the past couple days with some fighting and new people and old people revisiting us who we may not really want to be around, etc. So I thought this was just a good way to address them. And before I begin, I want to make it perfectly clear that this is not about anyone specifically. There have been multiple issues the past few days and they involve a lot of the members here so I really don't want anyone to feel singled out or whatever, because you're not.

First, if you have an issue with someone else on the board, please take it somewhere private. That's what Private Messages were created for. I really really do not want to be an arbitrator, and it just brings down the morale of the whole board. If someone says something on the board you feel is completely inappropriate, report the post and it will be examined and taken care of. Reported posts go directly to me, and also to Neely and Jazz_girl and it will be examined fairly. You guys elected me, and Neely and Jazz_girl are two of the fairest people at these boards, so there will be no favoritism or anything like that.

Second, there are several people who come here often and sometimes post and we know they don't like Andy but they post anyway and sometimes they post just to rile us up. PLEASE IGNORE THEM. Don't reply, not even something sarcastic, as fun as that all is for most of us. If it's something really bad, again just report the post and the admins will take care of it. Ignoring people WORKS. They come here to get a rise out of us, if they don't get it, they'll leave. But in the same vein, people always deserve a second chance and if people are posting and suddenly appear to be sincere, try to give them the benefit of the doubt. A lot of people at MTF, especially in GM, think we're these awful people who can't handle anyone who has any negative feelings about Andy. I think this is a great opportunity to be careful but at the same time try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Third, the ignore list is your friend. If you don't like stuff someone says, just put them on your ignore list. It's easy, just go to their profile and click the link to put them on your ignore list. If you are one who enjoys reading posts from people you don't like for whatever reason, that's your perogative, but replying to them and creating hostility in this forum affects everyone, so please think about that when you make your decision. I have a bazillion people on my ignore list and trust me, it makes being at these forums much more enjoyable :)

You all know that you can always come to me with anything, comment, criticism, idea, suggestion, whatever. Amanda the admin and Neely and jazz_girl the super moderators are all really receptive to concerns and you can all go to them with anything, too. We all want the same thing - a fun and friendly place where we can talk about and cheer for andy and make friends and just have a good time. No one wants any of this drama!

We're all mature people, even those who are not adults here are as mature as most adults. We pride ourselves on being better than some *other Andy forums* and I think we all wanna keep it that way :D :D :D :D :bounce:

Tytta!.
07-12-2005, 07:54 PM
I agree with everything you said, Deb. I'm sure if everyone follows that we'll have a great forum! :)

acoffeygirl
07-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Thanks Deb for taking the time to care....well said....and we'll be on our best behavior!! :hug:

partygirl
07-12-2005, 08:05 PM
SMART

nisha
07-12-2005, 08:16 PM
hhmmmm......

tangerine_dream
07-12-2005, 08:20 PM
You guys elected me, and Neely and Jazz_girl are two of the fairest people at these boards, so there will be no favoritism or anything like that.
I know for a fact that you and Neely are more fair than other moderators.

A lot of people at MTF, especially in GM, think we're these awful people who can't handle anyone who has any negative feelings about Andy.
Personally, I don't care what the GM idiots think. They would believe the worst of Andy, no matter what facts are presented to them. The more reasonable-minded outsiders know that they are welcome here and we've always enjoyed their posts (Angle Queen, Lady Natalia, a few of the Hippo fans, etc. just to name a few). I've had far more interesting discussions about Andy's game with non-Roddick fans in this forum than I ever had in GM, which is basically a cesspool of obsessed haters who discovered tennis just last week. :)

We pride ourselves on being better than some *other Andy forums* and I think we all wanna keep it that way :D :D :D :D :bounce:
Ain't that the truth. lol :hug:

snaillyyy
07-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks Deb :)

Black Adam
07-12-2005, 09:07 PM
:yeah: Nice suggestions.

Golfnduck
07-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks Deb :hug: I haven't been posting in here as much the past couple of days because of the fighting. Can't we all just get along?

guida
07-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Thank you, Deb, for the tactful way of addressing this issue. :hug:

savesthedizzle
07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
:hug: :yeah:

surfpinky
07-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Deb, I love you. :]

superpinkone37
07-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks Deb :) Please, let's just all get along.

PinkFeatherBoa
07-12-2005, 10:59 PM
I've no idea what's been going on, just wanted to give a :yeah: to this thread.

RodLo
07-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Very nice, Deb. :yeah: :hug:

I haven't been able to get on here as much for the last few days, so I'm not quite sure what 'fighting' you're addressing. :scratch: Whether I know what's going on or not, I have to give a big :yeah: to each of your points. :)

nkhera1
07-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Have there been some problems lately? I haven't been to this board in a while.

Deboogle!.
07-13-2005, 01:15 AM
unfortunately so, nkhera. I hope it's all in the past now and we can move on and just cheer on Andy and have fun and make friends and all that great stuff :)

Chloe le Bopper
07-13-2005, 01:31 AM
You're well meaning as always, but I completely disagree with this:

If you don't like stuff someone says, just put them on your ignore list.

It implies:

"Oh no! Somebody disagrees with me! What now?!?!"

A TOTAL dialogue killer. You can have dialogue with people you strongly oppose without being hostile.

I don't think you meant this as literal as I just took it, I"m just saying.

Carito_90
07-13-2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks Deb, for taking the time to do this :)

Chloe le Bopper
07-13-2005, 01:32 AM
GM, which is basically a cesspool of obsessed haters who discovered tennis just last week.

:haha:

Carito_90
07-13-2005, 01:34 AM
A TOTAL dialogue killer. You can have dialogue with people you strongly oppose without being hostile.

That's very true, indeed. Agreed.

tangerine_dream
07-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Have there been some problems lately? I haven't been to this board in a while.
Not yet, but just wait until the USOpen series starts (**fondly remembers last year's forum debacle that got several people banned from several forums**) :banana:

Jennay
07-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Regardless of recent fighting or not, this thread has great purpose. Deb :worship: :yeah: :hug:

Deboogle!.
07-13-2005, 01:44 AM
You're well meaning as always, but I completely disagree with this:

It implies:

"Oh no! Somebody disagrees with me! What now?!?!"

I don't think you meant this as literal as I just took it, I"m just saying.I agree with you, but what you've said doesn't really apply in the context of my post (which I wouldn't expect you to have known anyway :)). I meant utilizing the ignore list as an alternative for personally attacking someone - far beyond a mere disagreement which obviously happens here all the time without incident :) I mean the people who say "I cannot stand what this person says (or the way they say it) but I am going to not put them on my ignore list just so I can toy with them and be mean back to them."

Just for clarification, nothing I mentioned in this thread has anything to do with a mere disagreement of opinions. Thankfully, I don't think we've had much problem with that here, most people can do the "I respectfully disagree" thing. :) The problems over the past few days have nothing to do with that.

Chloe le Bopper
07-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Clearly I have just not been paying attention and just wanted to spout off about how ignore is bad, unless it's being used to ignore people that I like to ignore.

I'll go back to my book now :banana:

Deboogle!.
07-13-2005, 01:54 AM
lol it's ok Rebecca :p :hug:

athena_wu
07-13-2005, 02:24 AM
Oh, I don't know what's happened. :confused:

But I totally agree with this:" We pride ourselves on being better than some *other Andy forums* and I think we all wanna keep it that way." :yeah:
Yeah, that's why I always come here and share any Andy's information with you guys.

I have my own Chinese Andy Forum, so busy with that. I can understand Deb as a Forum Umpire. What we can do, as Andy Fans, is just support Deb. :clap2:

J. Corwin
07-13-2005, 03:51 AM
Give it up for Deb! :bigclap:

Deboogle!.
07-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Hi everybody :wavey:Hello :) Don't know you, but I'm Debra and welcome to the board :)

Golfnduck
07-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Not yet, but just wait until the USOpen series starts (**fondly remembers last year's forum debacle that got several people banned from several forums**) :banana:
But wasn't that fun. One day people are here, the next day they go out in flames. Gotta love those trolls.

Fee
07-13-2005, 05:26 AM
Deb, please put more emoticons in your original post.

(just kidding)

I agree with everything you said.

acoffeygirl
07-13-2005, 05:39 AM

(just kidding)

:haha:

MissFairy
07-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Well said Deb :hug: :)

Deboogle!.
07-13-2005, 02:33 PM

(just kidding)

I agree with everything you said.:p

In light of CONTINUED drama, I want to add a couple of things:

I said this in my original post, but there is NO FAVORITISM. I don't care when someone joined, everyone is treated fairly. But people need to use common sense - if there is a problem, between someone who is new and someone who has been here a while, who do you think will get the benefit of the doubt - the person who has been here for a while and building a reputation, or the person who is new?

Speaking of common sense.... when you're trying to get someone to listen to you and help you out, don't insult their intelligence :)

tartwithacart
07-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I've just joined and it makes me kinda sad and a bit reluctant to post if people get all evil demon on each.

As a dear friend of mine says to me all the time..."In with anger, Out with love" :D

Deboogle!.
07-13-2005, 07:30 PM
As long as everyone acts maturely and with respect, there will be no problems. Welcome :)

superpinkone37
07-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I've just joined and it makes me kinda sad and a bit reluctant to post if people get all evil demon on each.

As a dear friend of mine says to me all the time..."In with anger, Out with love" :D

Don't give anyone a reason to get 'evil demon' on you, and you'll be fine. :).

Fee
07-13-2005, 07:44 PM

Welcome to the board Tart! (you don't mind if I call you 'tart' do you? ;) )

This board is actually a really good place to be. If you go back and read some of the older threads you will see that there are some very knowledgeable fans here, and the ones that don't know as much usually ask very good questions to learn more. There is a great variety of people here, with wonderful and wacky styles of humor, and we are usually very considerate and respectful of each other. We have long conversations that are sometimes hard to keep up with, and a few inside jokes that you may not pick up on right away, but for the most part, it is one big family and a number of the people here have met each other. The recent problems have come from a limited number of trolls who were trying to stir things up and an even smaller number of new people who didn't look around first and get the 'feel' of the forum before they started posting. I think that Deb has steered us back on course with this thread and everything should get back to normal as Andy heads to Indy this week to start beating up on everyone for the next few weeks. I hope you stay around. Your username hints that you have a sense of humour so I think you'll like it here. :D

tangerine_dream
07-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Welcome tartcart :wavey:

Neely
07-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes, one very good post from Deb to start this thread and I wish us all the best luck in succeeding to follow these good rules and guidelines! :yeah:

:worship:

roisin
07-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Well said Deb :yeah: I haven't been here the past few days but regardless I think all you said should be taken on board. :) :hug:

zoltan83
07-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Well said Deb. Nice post!

Nishy
07-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Well said. I agree with you Deb. :D

Seleshfan
07-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Can someone please point me to the thread where all the drama occurred?

Deboogle!.
07-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Some has been deleted. Some occured through PMs. and a couple threads were closed.

Seleshfan
07-14-2005, 04:32 AM
Some has been deleted. Some occured through PMs. and a couple threads were closed.

Fine! I'll just watch Springer instead. :)

Deboogle!.
07-14-2005, 04:36 AM
Enjoy! :p

Seleshfan
07-14-2005, 04:40 AM
Enjoy! :p

I'm sure I will. I doubt even the drama here, could top, "My tranvestite brother stole my man, who is our father."

Deboogle!.
07-14-2005, 04:47 AM
absolutely not! ;)

Angle Queen
07-14-2005, 12:10 PM
and once again, the lady in charge...has spoken. Nicely put, Deb...as always.

Angle Queen
07-14-2005, 12:18 PM
The more reasonable-minded outsiders know that they are welcome here and we've always enjoyed their posts (Angle Queen, Lady Natalia, a few of the Hippo fans, etc. just to name a few).I'm :o . Thanks, Tangy. I read a whole lot more in here than I post and try to be mindful of the fact that I'm not a 'regular'. And I'll tell you, this is the only player forum I frequent even though I'm a fan of several others as well. Neither Andy...nor his fans...are one dimensional.

star
07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
---

When I got my membership it [forum ban] went off and it has stayed off. I got a second chance. I will be careful about posting but mostly just will reply to TGS and Fumus. I might have to go to the Nadal forum to see what Roger rivarly posts they are cooking there but I don't think they will nearly be as entertaining as Ducks. :devil: :p

Nimomunz
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm sure I will. I doubt even the drama here, could top, "My tranvestite brother stole my man, who is our father."
that doesnt make sense..................................... oh i get it, eeeeewwww!!

sol
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
---

Yep.. I read that

tangerine_dream
07-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks for deleting the troll posts, Deb. :hug:

Deboogle!.
07-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks for deleting the troll posts, Deb. :hug:Errrrrrrrrrrrr :scratch: which ones? LOL...:confused:

I was just sleeping... lmao... couldn't have deleted anything...

sol
07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks for deleting the troll posts, Deb. :hug:

That post quoted by star is in the Premier Member Forum

Deboogle!.
07-14-2005, 03:39 PM
oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ok, thanks :p