From a Federer fan to Roddick fans... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

From a Federer fan to Roddick fans...

makro120
07-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Hello there, I just want to say I am sorry for my attitude against Roddick to all fans of him. Not that I have been writting alot of sht about him constantly and begun hateful threads against him, but I have had the kind of normal attitude that Roddick is an arrogant prick, overrated by american media and really plays the most ugly tennis of all time. Truth is that he is slightly overrated by american media, but that is not his fault, Johansson was supposed to be unbeatable at his best by swedish media and Henman has been overrated for a decade by the brittish media. Roddick is not an arrogant prick and I have only now come to that conclusion, ofcourse he didn´t ever get the oppurtunity to be arrogant against Federer but compare his speech to HEwitt´s and you´ll see what I am talking about. Roddick in his speech had alot of humor and showed his admiration for Federer like Hewitt never could. Hewitt on the other hand talked about how he was sure beeing the nr2 in the world and only he and Federer could win Wimbledon, even beeing only points ahead of both NAdal and Roddick who both have less points to defend and not having won a grand slam in 3 years.

Roddick has always been a humble guy, quite a nice person in all possible ways, both in victory and defeat. He tries to do more things with his game than Hewitt ever did, also he is only 22 years old and is behaving better on the court everyday. He shows more and more sportmanship, works for charity and is really a fun guy to watch out there even if he is no artist like Federer. Today I dont really know why I ever hated the guy, maybe it was because some immature behaviours in his younger days, maybe it was his kindof onedimensional game, but I think it was more than anything that I read too much american media and the way they overrate americans, like many other countries really do..

Today I am sorry to be part of this antiroddick feeling you can feel everywhere in these forums and I wish Roddick to have many healthy years ahead of him on the tour even if not victorious (spare those for federer). I think he represents america really good out there and is all alone carrying the burden. Not to forget that his oneliners rules! :worship:

blosson
07-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Nice you changed your mind about Andy. He's not a bad guy, just misunderstood. :)

Deboogle!.
07-10-2005, 10:28 PM
I will welcome you while at the same time being a bit skeptic. If you are being sincere, I appreciate your post and hope you come visit us again :)

makro120
07-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Why would I writte this and not be sincere? Its not like I have changed religion or something, it is not like if I have become a fanatic fan of him. I just respect the guy and like him for what he does bot in the court and outside.

Deboogle!.
07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Why would I writte this and not be sincere? Its not like I have changed religion or something, it is not like if I have become a fanatic fan of him. I just respect the guy and like him for what he does bot in the court and outside.Because it's happened before at this board. And no offense but your history speaks for itself lol.

Anyway, as someone who thinks Andy is a good guy and a good player, I am glad you have realized this. If you'd like to participate in our discussions, you're more than welcome :)

Tytta!.
07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Welcome :)

star
07-10-2005, 11:08 PM
He tries to do more things with his game than Hewitt ever did

Gotta disagree with this part of your post. Keep watching Lleyton's game and you'll see what I mean. Lleyton has got better volleys than does Andy, not to menion a better repertoire of shots including a droolworthy lob that even Federer can't match.

I'm not really surprised you don't see those things in Lleyton's game given that you maintain Andy has a one dimensional game. Come on Mate -- you could at least give him two dimensions! :lol: :lol:

However, I'm glad you can admit that Andy is graceful in defeat and is basically a good humored guy.

I doubt that you would have found him charming had he beaten Federer. :lol:

Carito_90
07-10-2005, 11:18 PM
That was very nice from you... I personally appreciate it.
Takes a lot of guts to come and say this after well... everything, if you know what I mean.

So yeah, that :)

whosthis77
07-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Thats a nice thing to say...
I dont kno what after.... everything well... reffers to....... lol..
What made you change your view on andy?

tangerine_dream
07-11-2005, 12:25 AM
1. Roddick has always been graceful in defeat, this didn't just happen overnight.
2. Neither he nor Hewitt have a truly one-dimensional game or they wouldn't be in the Top five.
3. Roddick isn't any more over-hyped by the American media as Roger is over-hyped by the international media at large.

I doubt that you would have found him charming had he beaten Federer.

Agreed, star.

Makro please ban yourself from the Roddick forum as you did in GM. Thanks.

andyroxmysox12191
07-11-2005, 12:47 AM
What everyone else said. lol I hate repeating.
and welcome :)

Iheartandy&roger
07-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Thank you for changing your opinion and welcome to the pro Andies! :yeah: it's nice to see somebody actually took some time to actually see that Andy isn't a bad person and actually great instead of just judging him based on what you read from other trolls.

Golfnduck
07-11-2005, 04:16 AM
Wow. If anyone is over-hyped, it's Johansson (Pim Pim). It's easy to over-hype people because the media blows EVERYTHING out of proportion. I can't believe it's taken people this long to see how funny Andy is.

allanah
07-11-2005, 06:02 AM
What's up with the overly wordy, grand, big-ass fanfare thread? What you're basically saying is: "Hello, I'm a clown who makes unsubstantiated snap judgements about people and then changes their mind if it looks like it might score me some points with the 'natives'."

Have you given this speech on the forums of all the players you dislike(d)?

For all I care, you can hate Andy so much you want to gouge his eyes out with a rusty spoon, or be so in love with him you can barely sleep at night. Either way: so what?

RodLo
07-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Hm, I'm glad you've finally come around...but I, too, am slightly torn on whether or not to sincerely believe you. Personally, I couldn't care less if the entire world hates him...I'm a fan and that's all that matters to me. Heck, the more people that hate him, the more I like him. :lol:

So anyways, if you are truly being sincere, thank you for your post and welcome. If you're talking up a whole lot of :bs:, please see your way out...just as you saw your way in.

Black Adam
07-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Hello there, I just want to say I am sorry for my attitude against Roddick to all fans of him.

Today I am sorry to be part of this antiroddick feeling you can feel everywhere in these forums and I wish Roddick to have many healthy years ahead of him on the tour even if not victorious (spare those for federer). I think he represents america really good out there and is all alone carrying the burden. Not to forget that his oneliners rules! :worship:
:wavey: thnx a lot for that and what you have said is the pure truth yet few ppl are able to realise it.:banghead: No bad Feelings :yeah:I'm glad you can admit that Andy is graceful in defeat and is basically a good humored guy.
Be welcome but please don't start trolling in here ok :)

Dirk
07-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Makro is harmless and I do think his post was sincere. All he does is hype Roger up. He never seemed to tear down other players.

Havok
07-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Oh.

J. Corwin
07-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Oh, ok.

Deboogle!.
07-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Oh.Oh, ok.:haha: You two!! :haha:

athena_wu
07-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Oh, you guy, that's better you realize that Andy is a good guy.

In our Chinese tennis forum, Andy's sportsmanship has changed lots of people's attitude. They didn't like Andy before, but now......... Most people repect Andy.

heya
07-12-2005, 08:01 PM
IMO, Roddick's attitude about tennis got worse, but what a shock about his personality!
I didn't realize he could beat your faves in a brain & personality competition.
Hopefully, tennis will continue to be SO wonderful as long as Roddick
disappears from tournaments & continues to be Mr. Charming.

Now, I'm happy to divulge that another Andy fan didn't bad rep me again.

Now, promote your multidimensional players somewhere else.
Bye humble, young boy and other trolls! :bigwave:

Thanks ever so much (tennis is as exciting as prison),
Evil Bitch heya

allanah
07-12-2005, 08:10 PM
tennis is as exciting as prison

I have no words :lol: :lol: :lol: