THE NEW URL OF CARLOS MOYA FANLISTING [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

THE NEW URL OF CARLOS MOYA FANLISTING

enqvistfan
07-10-2005, 06:42 PM
I moved the Moya Fanlisting in another place and now, I finally succeeded to set up PHP, so I'm very happy. So, I added manually all the members who have already applied. So, don't be surprised if you receive an email telling that you have successfuly joined the Carlos Moya Fanlisting, this message comes from me :)

Will come back later with the new address of the fanlisting.

In my members, there was Nana, and she has a personal blog, she explains a little bit why she stopped the website, apparently, the domain expired and she wasn't motivated anymore :( We respect her choice. She made a great work the last few months.

http://nana.squidkitty.org/

Val

Ales_Alessandra
07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Tks Val! I saw it and it seems that she moved her attention to other spanish player, JCF!
What to say about it? No much really!

See ya!

enqvistfan
07-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Tks Val! I saw it and it seems that she moved her attention to other spanish player, JCF!
What to say about it? No much really!

See ya!

You said everything Ales :)

maqk
07-11-2005, 09:03 AM
You said everything Ales :)Wow!!:rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

smelby11
07-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Wow, what a turnaround. Everyone has the right to pursue other avenues.

Val, did you get any of my postcards/cards?

smelby

maqk
07-11-2005, 02:04 PM
You said everything Ales :)By the way, she [NANA] is continuing @ joachimjohansson.com - any way, its her own will & she is free with that :sad: :sad: :sad:

enqvistfan
07-11-2005, 08:16 PM
By the way, she [NANA] is continuing @ joachimjohansson.com - any way, its her own will & she is free with that :sad: :sad: :sad:

We have never said that it was a problem that she decided to move her attention on JCF. As I said, we respect her wish :)

nana
07-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I didn't 'move my attentions'. I started supporting JCF years before Moya and have been helping with JCFOnline.org since it first opened Jan 2003.

It is a shame to have to close CMN but it was too much work running it by myself and I have to focus more on school and work so I can't run as many websites as I was before. Anyway I don't think I need to justify my actions for closing CMN.

How sad that you didn't support CMN more. Maybe I wouldn't have had to close it.

Anyway, good luck with everything (the project and new site)

- nana -

enqvistfan
07-11-2005, 09:36 PM
How sad that you didn't support CMN more. Maybe I wouldn't have had to close it.

Hi Nana,

Thanks for your explanations, as I said, I understand your reasons as I run a website, so I know that it demands a lot of work.

But what do you mean by "how sad that you didn't support CMN more" ???

U didn't have a lot of visits, so you decided to close it ???

The problem is that now, Moya is not a young player anymore, so the fans (who are mainly youngs (sorry to say that)) are mainly interested by the players in the spotlights (JCF, Nadal, Johansson etc..), and Carlos was injured, he dropped in the rankings, and people are interested to other players. That's sad, as I'm mainly supporting "old" players :) Personally, if I had to close my website of Enqvist because of his popularity..... Now, that Thomas knows that the site exists, I can't stop :) :)

As I said, i respect your choice, you have your reasons and you can't do it anymore if you are not interested anymore in Carlos. We can't force you to run the website, if it's a work for you and you don't take any pleasure to do it.

Well, good luck in your next adventures but feel free to support Carlos just as a fan !!

Val

nana
07-11-2005, 09:48 PM
But what do you mean by "how sad that you didn't support CMN more" ???

No, I didn't care about how many people visited.

By supporting the site I mean: donating pictures, news articles, interview translations, fan reports, commenting about the site, helping with picture updates, informing me about tournaments and exhibitions etc.

When I was running CMN I worked really hard to keep it updated with the latest tournament pictures and scores but it didn't seem like anyone appreciated my work. I think I added new pictures to the gallery everyday which was very time consuming. Plus I tried hard to make the site and gallery look nice but no one commented on that either so I felt like it was all for nothing even though I know that the gallery was very popular.

Running a fan site is hard work and webmasters don't get paid. So you should give more support. Just a simple 'Thank you' when the layout is changed or when pictures are added to the gallery would have been great.

I hope you remember this when the new Moya site is opened

Ales_Alessandra
07-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Well, that's a shame! Since I found out about the site I was always visiting it to live some msg at the chatboard, and as far as I remembered, I said thank you a sometimes for those pictures posted. This was my first experience in sites like that, I never knew that much about how much work you have to put in, so I'm sorry if you felt that your work wasn't being appreciate. My apologies and indeed it was a great pice of work! But I think that what Val said has a great value, cause if you still had an interest in what you were doing, before have some recognition by others you needed to be happy in doing this for yourself first at all.
Nana of course that the decisions in your life doens't concern anyone else apart from you. But since you had a public site which were involving others, it would be correct give them some advanced notice. It's just the way that you handle this that didn't sound very nice for the site and Moya fans in general!
Wish you the best in your future projects!!

Cheers!

maqk
07-12-2005, 05:42 AM
By supporting the site I mean: donating picturesI donated some of MoyaWALLS, may b that was not enough or toooo good, any way, tks for ever thing NANA :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

maqk
07-12-2005, 05:51 AM
Nana of course that the decisions in your life doens't concern anyone else apart from you. But since you had a public site which were involving others, it would be correct give them some advanced notice. It's just the way that you handle this that didn't sound very nice for the site and Moya fans in general!
Wish you the best in your future projects!!

Cheers!Yeah, atleast we wouldn't have had the SHOCK of our lives, the site i just visited last night, the next morning, its all GONE!!!!!:( :( :(

any way, its all over now, wish u the best NANA ( & ur design / layout was coooool :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: )

nana
07-12-2005, 05:57 AM
I'm sorry. I didn't mean I didn't get ANY support. I'll alway appreciate the lovely Moya fans who donated pictures and wallpapers and said nice things on the tagboard. *hug*

Anyway, the site is gone. Please stop talking about me and/or CMN and start talking about Carlos/tennis afterall that's why you're here :)

claudine140
07-12-2005, 06:23 AM
Nana
if you can read the site again, look to the messages, and see how many thanks you cdan find, how many congretulations with the lay out etc.....
But we have no idea how many time it takes to update a site.
Why didn't you said it to us, so we could help more. I was once in another french moya site, and helped there a lot, but the manager didn't like that, so i did not do such a things as giving some articles etc.... because of that experience with that other site.
Good luck to moya and to you in the futur
claudine

enqvistfan
07-12-2005, 07:20 AM
I know what you mean.... I have the same problem with the Enqvist website. I have the feeling that when you post pictures for example, people do their "market" and leave, sometimes, it's hard to not get a recognition, or when I have to make translation from Swedish to French and then, I make the translation in English, only a friend does it for me, and we don't get a simple "thank you" for that, but I don't run the website to have a thank you from anymore, I do it because it interests me a lot and for the player who appreciates the job done, even if the website is not official, it's a kind of "semi-official" now :) Thomas said "thank you" so it motivates me a lot, even if he's not anymore in the top 10 (this week 159) and he lost some of his fans (the ones who said that they'll never stop supporting him) but we are still a few to continue to support him, and maybe why now, he recognises us in Paris LOL The website will end when he'll retire. I paid to run my website (for the domain, for the pics, now, I moved to one free but it's expensive so I know). I've just talked about my experience of webmaster. To come back to Moya, I think people said thank you and as Claudine said, if you wanted some help, you should have asked. And, on other threads, we thanked you for the great work you has done, I think regarding the design, you are the best :) It will be hard to compete with you :(

Good luck Nana :)

Well to come back to the Fanlisting, it will be ready in a few days, each evening, I work on it, so I'll come back to you soon with the latest news.

Val

No, I didn't care about how many people visited.

By supporting the site I mean: donating pictures, news articles, interview translations, fan reports, commenting about the site, helping with picture updates, informing me about tournaments and exhibitions etc.

When I was running CMN I worked really hard to keep it updated with the latest tournament pictures and scores but it didn't seem like anyone appreciated my work. I think I added new pictures to the gallery everyday which was very time consuming. Plus I tried hard to make the site and gallery look nice but no one commented on that either so I felt like it was all for nothing even though I know that the gallery was very popular.

Running a fan site is hard work and webmasters don't get paid. So you should give more support. Just a simple 'Thank you' when the layout is changed or when pictures are added to the gallery would have been great.

I hope you remember this when the new Moya site is opened

smelby11
07-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Nana,
I was probably one of the newest members (since 2003) of your site. I went to NASDAQ and got some pics of Charly, but I never knew how to get them on the site, otherwise, I would have been pleased to share them with the group.

Good Luck, Nana.
smelby

tnsfn
07-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Nana, indeed I am sorry :( I did not help more. But I am one of the "ölder" fans - thus very challenged with computer skills. I liked (no, loved) your site - it was so easy to post messages in the shout box. I said "thanks" for your photos etc. a lot (as jap) :worship: . Sorry it took me a while to post this- been busy remodeling a house. Now I will move on and do as you asked and stop talking about this.

Ales_Alessandra
07-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Subject is closed!

enqvistfan
07-14-2005, 11:09 AM
I finished to move the Carlos Moya Fanlisting, here's the new URL, please update :

http://carlosmoyafanlisting.free.fr

Hope you'll like it :)

Val

smelby11
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
it's great, Val. You put alot of work into it.
smelby

maqk
07-15-2005, 07:30 AM
it's great, Val. You put alot of work into it.
smelbygood job guys, tks:rolleyes: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Nathy
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I registered yesterday and oops forgot to say a huge THANK YOU to Val! You rule miss :bounce:

Ales_Alessandra
07-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Yes great job Val! Now that a found out how it work I'll spend sometime there! I liked particullary of the biography cause I got some new information in there! Thank you VAL!!!

See ya!

Carlita
07-15-2005, 02:53 PM
:wavey: Okay, on the risk of sounding dumb here......:o What does a fanlisting do? It's a list of moya fans.....i get that.....and then what? It's not like a website is it? What's the point??? :shrug:

Don't mean to sound mean but I really have no clue here! :lol:

enqvistfan
07-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Yes, it 's a list of the fans, it's like a small website (sorry but I can't make a whole website in 1 week-end, my life is not devoted to Carlos LOL). At least, it's a little something. It's sad that you have such reaction, at least, someone has done something :)

If people like you have this kind of reaction, I understand Nana. Well, people are never happy.

Anyway, thanks to the other persons who appreciated the work :)

Val

PS : Lady Carlita, the fanlisting won't be compete with your msn group, don't worry :)

:wavey: Okay, on the risk of sounding dumb here......:o What does a fanlisting do? It's a list of moya fans.....i get that.....and then what? It's not like a website is it? What's the point??? :shrug:

Don't mean to sound mean but I really have no clue here! :lol:

Carlita
07-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes, it 's a list of the fans, it's like a small website (sorry but I can't make a whole website in 1 week-end, my life is not devoted to Carlos LOL). At least, it's a little something. It's sad that you have such reaction, at least, someone has done something :)

If people like you have this kind of reaction, I understand Nana. Well, people are never happy.

Anyway, thanks to the other persons who appreciated the work :)

Val

PS : Lady Carlita, the fanlisting won't be compete with your msn group, don't worry :)

Hello!!! I was not attacking you here!! I just really don't have a clue about what fanlisting is!!!

So excuuuuuse me for asking!!! Geeeeeeez!!

Did I ever tell you to go and make a website within one week?? This has NOTHING to do with Nana too by the way.

Plenty of things about Carlos on the web...so no worries there!

And I really REALLY couldn't care less about competition for the msn group. It's not about competition. That's not what "people like me" are about thank you very much!

You could have just explained what fanlisting is.... instead of attacking me for not knowing everything in the world!!!

Éowyn
07-15-2005, 07:37 PM
from what i have read carlita did not say anything remotely attacking to you! and as someone who knows something about fanlistings i have to agree that you are making a hell of a big deal about something that is indeed just a list of fans!

i work for roddickonline and we run the official andy fanlisting and it is infact the easiest thing ever all you do is once every so often add anyone who's applied to join! and add some new buttons now and then! do not make out like it is a HUGE deal it is not!

and also i do not believe that a fanlisting would remotely affect nor bother carlita she simply asked you a question and you assumed you were being attacked, why is this?

and what has nana got to do with anything? she is nothing to do with the fanlisting or carlitas questions!

and as for doing something and not being able to make a site in one weekend etc i don't recall anyone saying you should do or asked you to do that? so why so defensive? and for what it's worth it is VERY easy to make a site in a week if you are willing to work at it! but thats not the point! the fact is no one should do more than they are willing to do! but i do find your comment about "at least i'm doing something" very rude as everyone supports people in different ways.
carlita goes to tournaments and cheers carlos on, she runs her group which you seem to think of as your opposition for some reason :confused: and has been supporting carlos for a long long time what make syou think you suddenly rule the world of carlos.

now next time someone asks you "what is a fanlisting is it just a list of fans?" i would like you to remember the following answer! "YES" as that would be the correct answer!

enqvistfan
07-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks Eowyn for defending Lady Carlita :)

Well, I just wanted to say that Lady Carlita has been tactless. There's some way to say the things, that's all. It was like if I criticize her work in her Villa Moya (what is the aim of your msn group ????, I dont understand !! etc..). Just respect at least the work, then, I don't care, I don't want a "thank you", and I have never said that I was the only one to support him. The problem when the things are written, they are all misunderstood (maybe it's what that happened with Carlita).
I haven't created the fanlisting this week-end, it has been created two years ago.

Well, I'm going to close the discussion here, cause I'm fed up with those discussions, we are here to support a player, there are more important things in life than a fanlisting, or a website or something else. I think that Lady Carlita and I are both adults and mature females (I suppose), so I think it's good to close the discussion right now.

Val

Iza
07-15-2005, 07:57 PM
JJ said it all. :yeah:

Carlita
07-15-2005, 08:10 PM
What is tactless in asking what fanlisting is? Or am I asking in a strange language here??

It's obviously different to an msn group.....
And what I do in my group is for myself to begin with! Just a collection of pictures, no big deal! And if people want to join that's fine, if they don't fine too....

and NO I didnt misunderstand a thing...

Éowyn
07-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks Eowyn for defending Lady Carlita :)

Well, I just wanted to say that Lady Carlita has been tactless. There's some way to say the things, that's all. It was like if I criticize her work in her Villa Moya (what is the aim of your msn group ????, I dont understand !! etc..). Just respect at least the work, then, I don't care, I don't want a "thank you", and I have never said that I was the only one to support him. The problem when the things are written, they are all misunderstood (maybe it's what that happened with Carlita).
I haven't created the fanlisting this week-end, it has been created two years ago.

Well, I'm going to close the discussion here, cause I'm fed up with those discussions, we are here to support a player, there are more important things in life than a fanlisting, or a website or something else. I think that Lady Carlita and I are both adults and mature females (I suppose), so I think it's good to close the discussion right now.

Val

i know carlita is a mature female i do not know enough about you to know what/who you are but from what i have sene you are certainly trying to hype something that is not a big deal quite alot and again who said you did it this weekend? what is your obsession with doing things at the weekend? why can't you do it not on the weekend? i mean there are 7 days in the week why can't you do it on all of them rather than just 2 days of it? :confused:

Carlita
07-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh and if JJ felt the need to reply....that's her business! I didn't ASK her, I can speak for myself you know....

Nathy
07-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Girls calm down here please :( I don't want a fight between 2 nice persons :sad:

Ales_Alessandra
07-16-2005, 04:09 AM
No coment! It's not worth! Nevertheless, "just" could be omitted from the question!
Ewoyn I guess I haven't met you?

Carlita
07-16-2005, 08:59 AM
No comment! It's not worth! Nevertheless, "just" could be omited from the question! What do you mean exactly?

And yes, it is worth, I don't take too well to being "attacked" for asking a simple question.

maqk
07-17-2005, 07:23 AM
What do you mean exactly?
MITTI PAO YAAR i.e. plz forget it now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

maqk
07-17-2005, 07:35 AM
Guys do u all know about this http://www.advantage-tennis.com/moya/index.php . go there , fine pics of the RedClay Master!!!

Carlita
07-17-2005, 03:02 PM
:tape::tape::tape: I wanted to say quite a bit here......but, there's no point.....

sometimes that happens....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tnsfn
07-18-2005, 06:06 PM
:worship: Thanks Val :angel: , for the fanlisting, the project and all you do to help Moya fans be loyal to him. :woohoo:

Éowyn
07-18-2005, 07:41 PM
:worship: Thanks Val :angel: , for the fanlisting, the project and all you do to help Moya fans be loyal to him. :woohoo:

we need to be reminded to be loyal to him :confused: since when? *can stay loyal to all her players all by herself*

Carlita
07-18-2005, 07:44 PM
we need to be reminded to be loyal to him :confused: since when? *can stay loyal to all her players all by herself*I happen to find myself in that EXACT SAME position! :lol:

Amen! :angel:

Éowyn
07-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Ewoyn I guess I haven't met you?

i tend to just lurk here and only comment when i feel the need! i usually reside in :baby: super mario world and robby and mardy land :)

tnsfn
07-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Of course I can be a moya fan on my own- all I meant to do was to thank someone who has put forth an effort to do the fanlisting after CMN went off. I too old for the sh** that goes on on this site. Later.....much later :banghead: :cuckoo: :bs:

Carlita
07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Of course I can be a moya fan on my own- all I meant to do was to thank someone who has put forth an effort to do the fanlisting after CMN went off. I too old for the sh** that goes on on this site. Later.....much later :banghead: :cuckoo: :bs:Tell me about it! Untill about 4-5 weeks ago, everything was as calm and pleasant here, just like our darling Carlos....

:tape: I 've had enough!!! :tape:

maqk
07-19-2005, 08:25 AM
we need to be reminded to be loyal to him :confused: since when? *can stay loyal to all her players all by herself*No one is reminding any thing, may b it came straight from the heart of a trueMoyaFan, so take it +ively guys!!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

maqk
07-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Of course I can be a moya fan on my own- all I meant to do was to thank someone who has put forth an effort to do the fanlisting after CMN went off. I too old for the sh** that goes on on this site. Later.....much later :banghead: :cuckoo: :bs:Yeah :yeah: see if someOne is doing something, we should appreciate that, & thats what I do, appreciate the work done by Val / any one else doing some thing for Moya, or may be some one else they like, & if I get an oppertunity, I will b on it, definitely!!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Carlita
07-19-2005, 08:48 AM
sure, it's nice if people do something in honour of our Charly :) Thats a good thing.... But there are lots of things around (like msn or yahoogroups) and somehow I got the idea that those groups are just not worth the trouble. (and they take a lot of work to keep updated, believe me!) I run mine like it's a website anyway..... but maybe a "simple msn group" is beneath some people.... Not that I really care...:lol: Think what you like.

Or, even worse, that it's a competition "who's got the best this or that". That's just silly..... Everyone has different ideas. And by all means everyone do/make what works best for you. If it;s about Carlos, it's a good thing right??

Just don't freak out when people ask you something about it. Like all that business with me being tactless.... that's ridiculous. Trust me, if I hated the way it looked or something I would say so....no problem... it was just a question cause I didn't know what it was. We should have fun time here, and not get mad or upset if someone asks a question.

So everyone, relax and have fun! Or like the great Bono says in one of his songs:

:angel: Love & Peace, or else....:angel:

I wish everyone in Armadaland could be as relaxed as we are in the Verdasco Forum... *Won't give up hope of that happening, just yet*

Have a nice day all!!:hug:

Nathy
07-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Or like the great Bono says in one of his songs:

:angel: Love & Peace, or else....:angel:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:rocker2: Bono & U2 :rocker2:

Please guys listen to this sentence and let's forget all this stupid thing, okay? Please...

Carlita
07-19-2005, 02:47 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:rocker2: Bono & U2 :rocker2:

Please guys listen to this sentence and let's forget all this stupid thing, okay? Please...:yeah: I love that song!!!!! :singer: We need love and peace:singer: :hug:

Nathy
07-20-2005, 02:32 AM
:yeah: I love that song!!!!! :singer: We need love and peace:singer: :hug:

Indeed! It is not for nothing that I appreciate you my Lady (dunno if I can say it like that in English ) :hug:

Carlita
07-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Indeed! It is not for nothing that I appreciate you my Lady (dunno if I can say it like that in English ) :hug::hug: you can ;)