New Non-Tennis Subforum? News Related....(art, politics, technology, blah, blah...) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Non-Tennis Subforum? News Related....(art, politics, technology, blah, blah...)

Denaon
07-07-2005, 06:19 PM
This is merely a suggestion, like thinking aloud.....
Maybe there should be a Discussion Forum, where posters could start any type of "arguable", "controversial" or "tabu" topics about news or facts such as this tragedy in London with those terrorist attacks.

Again, I'm thinking out loud.

Thanks
Daniel

Denaon
07-20-2005, 06:03 PM
"Breaking News!" is not a bad title for the new sub-forum :rolls:
I'm not pushing......:lol:

That subforum we can talk about anything related to the last news in music, literature, movies, politics, religion, sex, everything (and gather the rest of them outside like Harry Potter's new book, Mariah's back to #1 hit...blah, blah, blah......thanks for considering it at least :D :lol:

Denaon
07-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Ok, I have some ideas:

Breaking News! (looks like a tv news program from CNN, already told ya)
Tea & biscuits Room (sounds like we're 70 years old and gather to gossip)
MTF's Debating Forum (too much "College" alike)

:rolls: :rolls: If I have some more ideas I'll post'em.....cause I really think we could use this new subforum (and hate each other after reading our posts :lol: ).
:secret:If you look at the non-tennis section, there are some passionate threads about latest news.

Denaon
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Maybe there should be a Discussion Forum, where posters could start any type of "arguable", "controversial" or "tabu" topics about news or facts such as this tragedy in London with those terrorist attacks.

Thanks
Daniel

yeap....I think it's a good idea

:rolls:

Carlita
11-17-2009, 07:16 PM
:lol: where did you dig this one up then? :lol:

:shrug: maybe it could work....like in GM...the Off Topic one

Denaon
11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
:lol: where did you dig this one up then? :lol:

:shrug: maybe it could work....like in GM...the Off Topic one

Mmmm I'm not sure I understand the first sentence :lol:

Who knows....but there's obviously a thing going on with those news related (politically influenced) threads :shrug:

Sofonda Cox
11-17-2009, 07:36 PM

Thanks
Daniel

It would be a good idea if there were many people posting in NT. But surely there's not the traffic to warrant it?

Denaon
11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
It would be a good idea if there were many people posting in NT. But surely there's not the traffic to warrant it?

True...NT is dead :sobbing:

buddyholly
11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
It's a great idea.

I can't remember how many posts I have read from people saying I don't want to read your crap here, this is for talking tennis. Ok, if they think a sub-forum called ''non-tennis'' is no place to be discussing politics, I guess they should be ignored anyway.

But if there was a place for open discussion of politics and news, then these people could simply stay away and be happy in their own subforum voting on best this or that.

I also have no time for the people that say there should be no discussion subject other than tennis at this site. I very much like the idea that I can disagree and argue with other people, and at the same time know we are all tennis fans.

OOOPS, just saw that this idea is 4 years old. So I guess if it did not happen then, it will not happen now.

Carlita
11-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Like I said, this might work, like in GM with the off topic section.

I agree that in the Non Tennis section anything can pop up. It's called NON tennis for a reason ;)

I don't know what happened in the thread that was removed and I don't want to know, but we don't just remove coz we feel like it. There must have been a reason for it and especially if the thread is turning into a trollfest..... it was a good thing to move it.

Maybe there should be a poll or something to see if people will be interested in this separate section in Nont Tennis ?

Peta Pan
11-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Political stuff maybe, but not music and other things like that were mentioned 4 years ago when Dani made the thread... music, movies and that kind of thing are the threads that are supposed to be in NT (as is politics when it doesn't turn into trollfest)