Premium Bright & Blue Skin (MTFp) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Premium Bright & Blue Skin (MTFp)

gravity
07-05-2005, 02:41 AM
We are delighted to announce the launch of another exciting new skin on the MensTennisForums.com website. PREMIUM BRIGHT & BLUE is a visually appealing new skin designed exclusively for those who have donated and upgraded their membership via our new site donation service. As such, it boasts an uncluttered design and is free of all banners, leaderboards, skyscrapers and pop-up ads visible to regular members.

Screenshots of the PREMIUM BRIGHT & BLUE skin in action are attached below. As you'll see, the skin is effective across all sections of the MensTennisForums.com service including: the forums, photo galleries and virtualbetting.

Premium members can select this skin now from within their USER CP by selecting the EDIT OPTIONS tab.

For information about upgrading your account, and making a donation to support the MTF website, please visit the following page:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/premium.php

Thanks! Have fun!

Carlita
07-05-2005, 07:38 PM
:D I like this one! Only thing is, I miss the flags with the names:sad:

it is nice to see peoples age and locations in one go.

bad gambler
07-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Bring back the flags!! :rocker2:

:sad:

wtn_amanda
07-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Done. :D Flags are now shown in all the new premium styles.

Douggie Style
07-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Will there be any lighter coloured ones in the future? :) I mean light enough so the text is still black

bad gambler
07-06-2005, 12:42 AM
people power :rocker2:

much better :D :D :D

sol
07-06-2005, 01:04 AM
I like this skin, but I'd like the text in black (similar to WTAWorld).

Carlita
07-06-2005, 07:58 AM

:D Thanks Amanda!!! Great to have them back! :dance:

Carlita
07-06-2005, 07:58 AM
I like this skin, but I'd like the text in black (similar to WTAWorld).But if you write in black here it's difficult to see.... no?

sol
07-06-2005, 10:36 AM
I love the new Light Blue Skin :D

Thanks! :kiss:

Mrs. B
07-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Cool :cool:

sol
07-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I can't see the Blog icon with the - Premium Style Blue Lite -

allanah
07-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Changing skins seems to shrink the text. Is there any way round this? (I've tried text-enlarging option under "View" on the toolbar with no luck)

gravity
07-06-2005, 09:17 PM
I can't see the Blog icon with the - Premium Style Blue Lite -

Which blog icon? All images are there for me in the light style for blogging.

Can you right click on the missing image and give me the URL to the missing image?

gravity
07-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Changing skins seems to shrink the text. Is there any way round this? (I've tried text-enlarging option under "View" on the toolbar with no luck)

The new styles enforce a certain font and size on you. You'll have to tell your browser to override our font/size if you want to make the font bigger.

With Mozilla Firefox, go to VIEW > TEXT SIZE > INCREASE. I'm not sure if this works in Internet Explorer though - probably because of a bug in their software. :p

www.mozilla.org is your friend!

sol
07-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Which blog icon? All images are there for me in the light style for blogging.

Can you right click on the missing image and give me the URL to the missing image?

In the standard Blue Skin:

This icon under our avatar http://67.19.129.138/mtf/images/common/blog.gif (http://67.19.129.138/mtf/images/common/blog.gif) is a link to our Blog.

In the Premium Style Blue Lite we only have:

http://img.menstennisforums.com/mtf/images/imagize/buttons/reputation.gif
http://img.menstennisforums.com/mtf/images/imagize/buttons/report.gif

allanah
07-06-2005, 09:32 PM
The new styles enforce a certain font and size on you. You'll have to tell your browser to override our font/size if you want to make the font bigger.

With Mozilla Firefox, go to VIEW > TEXT SIZE > INCREASE. I'm not sure if this works in Internet Explorer though - probably because of a bug in their software. :p

www.mozilla.org is your friend!

Done it. Thanks, Gravity. :)

gravity
07-06-2005, 09:43 PM
In the standard Blue Skin:

This icon under our avatar http://67.19.129.138/mtf/images/common/blog.gif (http://67.19.129.138/mtf/images/common/blog.gif) is a link to our Blog.

In the Premium Style Blue Lite we only have:

http://img.menstennisforums.com/mtf/images/imagize/buttons/reputation.gif
http://img.menstennisforums.com/mtf/images/imagize/buttons/report.gif

OK thanks I understand now. I forgot we needed to add-in support for those special features in the new skins.

I'll work on fixing this now.

sol
07-06-2005, 09:58 PM
OK thanks I understand now. I forgot we needed to add-in support for those special features in the new skins.

I'll work on fixing this now.

Don't forget to check this one:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1945072&postcount=1

gravity
07-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Fixed the missing blog icon in all premium skins;
Added support for "Visit Tropical Sunrise's Blog" in user's post profile menu.

sol
07-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Fixed the missing blog icon in all premium skins;
Added support for "Visit Tropical Sunrise's Blog" in user's post profile menu.

You're too fast! :D

sol
07-08-2005, 12:34 AM
The "Quick Reply" option doesn't work in the Premium Style Blue Lite when you're using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 / Nestcape

CooCooCachoo
07-09-2005, 08:35 PM
People actually purchased MTF Premium? :help:

bad gambler
07-09-2005, 11:11 PM

A whole $20 a year to support a board that I use to follow a sport I love and get info on players that I will not find elsewhere, can't see the problem there

Vamos MTF :cool:

Chloe le Bopper
07-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I said the same thing, but then I had a migraine last night that I couldn't sleep off and found this new skin to be much easier on my eyes. It was totally worth the three bucks. I don't know if I will bother to renew, but I won't miss the three bucks either way ;)

Douggie Style
07-10-2005, 09:05 PM
A whole $20 a year to support a board that I use to follow a sport I love and get info on players that I will not find elsewhere, can't see the problem there

Vamos MTF :cool::worship:

CooCooCachoo
07-11-2005, 09:14 AM

Vamos MTF :cool:

Well, you can follow the sport you love and get the info too by not paying the $20 and donating it to a charity, which I find is a much better way to use your money, if you don't care about the $20 anyway.

Douggie Style
07-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Who's saying he doesn't give money to charity?

CooCooCachoo
07-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Who's saying he doesn't give money to charity?

No one. I am saying he is not giving the $20 he spent on MTF Premium to charity.

Douggie Style
07-11-2005, 11:35 AM
So? I upgraded the speakers in my car, the old ones were fine, should I have not bothered and given that money to charity too?

allanah
07-11-2005, 11:50 AM
No one. I am saying he is not giving the $20 he spent on MTF Premium to charity.

thank goodness you took a moment to step down off your high-horse of self-righteousness to tell people how to spend their own money.

Really, thank you.

bad gambler
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, you can follow the sport you love and get the info too by not paying the $20 and donating it to a charity, which I find is a much better way to use your money, if you don't care about the $20 anyway.

well obviously it's a case of each to their own - for me this was more a case of helping the board continue in its current state, as small as my contribution was. The added benefits is a bonus.

Next week my $20 will go to World Vision.

CooCooCachoo
07-11-2005, 12:51 PM
thank goodness you took a moment to step down off your high-horse of self-righteousness to tell people how to spend their own money.

Really, thank you.

I am not telling anyone how to spend their money. I am just saying I find it a complete waste of money. I also find it a complete waste of money to buy a Celine Dion CD, but her fans would disagree with me.

Your reading skills are stunning, really.

wtn_amanda
07-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I am not telling anyone how to spend their money. I am just saying I find it a complete waste of money. I also find it a complete waste of money to buy a Celine Dion CD, but her fans would disagree with me.

Your reading skills are stunning, really.

There's nothing wrong with holding that opinion. But it's not necessary to keep insulting people who did see the benefits in purchasing a premium membership. These are people who have been kind enough to support a site many thousands of other people enjoy on a daily basis for zero dollars.

Whether our supporters subscribed to help us with costs, because they hate all the commercial banners, they want a custom user title, more avatar space, the freedom to choose from a range of different skins....... or maybe all of of those things.... it's doesn't matter; I just ask you to let it go now, and let people make their own educated decision as to whether they want to pay or not. :p The fact is people here did donate and I'm very much grateful for their support. And I hope they feel they are getting something decent in return for their support by way of the additional benefits being offered to them.

Nymeria
07-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Do you have the possibility to turn off the replevel with supporting the site? (not that I will have enough money to pay, but I am just wondering, coz I really miss that option :()

Douggie Style
07-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes you do ;)

Nymeria
07-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Yes you do ;)

That would be areason to choose for supporting the site... but I really don't have enough money :(

sol
07-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Do you have the possibility to turn off the replevel with supporting the site?

Yep

Chloe le Bopper
07-12-2005, 05:08 AM

I hope that you do the same everytime you come across a spare 20 dollars. Don't rent a movie or buy yourself something nice to eat - have beans out of a can and watch the sun set instead.

Chloe le Bopper
07-12-2005, 05:10 AM
That would be areason to choose for supporting the site... but I really don't have enough money :(
Ask really nicely and I'll subscribe you for a month ;)

CooCooCachoo
07-12-2005, 07:02 AM
There's nothing wrong with holding that opinion. But it's not necessary to keep insulting people who did see the benefits in purchasing a premium membership. These are people who have been kind enough to support a site many thousands of other people enjoy on a daily basis for zero dollars.

Whether our supporters subscribed to help us with costs, because they hate all the commercial banners, they want a custom user title, more avatar space, the freedom to choose from a range of different skins....... or maybe all of of those things.... it's doesn't matter; I just ask you to let it go now, and let people make their own educated decision as to whether they want to pay or not. :p The fact is people here did donate and I'm very much grateful for their support. And I hope they feel they are getting something decent in return for their support by way of the additional benefits being offered to them.

I am not insulting anyone. I am saying I find it a waste of money. What someone does with their money is all up to him or her.

Nymeria
07-12-2005, 07:02 AM

Dear dear Chloe, someone I have respected as a nice member ever since I joined the board and who I thank so much for the months I could spent on her site when the atpworld was gone, would you please like to subscribe me for a month? :hug:

CooCooCachoo
07-12-2005, 07:03 AM
I hope that you do the same everytime you come across a spare 20 dollars. Don't rent a movie or buy yourself something nice to eat - have beans out of a can and watch the sun set instead.

Trust me, I don't rent movies and, though I don't have much spare money, donate money to the same charity on a monthly basis.

Chloe le Bopper
07-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Dear dear Chloe, someone I have respected as a nice member ever since I joined the board and who I thank so much for the months I could spent on her site when the atpworld was gone, would you please like to subscribe me for a month? :hug:

I would if I thought it possible. Is it? Ask Amanda or Gravity and PM back to me :)

Chloe le Bopper
07-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Trust me, I don't rent movies and, though I don't have much spare money, donate money to the same charity on a monthly basis.
My point was that you no doubt do frivolous with your own cash from time to time. Going to tennis, for example. That is money that could easily go to charity. So is any money you spend on cable. Or internet connection.

There are lot's of things that people spend their money on that I will never understand (shoes, for example. Who needs more than a few pair, honestly?), but you won't see me turning my nose up at them. I'm sure I spend money on things that they find silly too.

While I completely understand your point (that this is frivolous expense), it could have been expressed without the "holier than thou" attitude. It's the attitude people are attacking more so than the point, I believe.

Nymeria
07-12-2005, 07:56 AM
I would if I thought it possible. Is it? Ask Amanda or Gravity and PM back to me :)

Wow you are fantastic! :hug: I dunno if it is possible, but I guess they still check this thread... so Amanda, Gravity is it possible?! :)

Nymeria
07-12-2005, 08:00 AM
My point was that you no doubt do frivolous with your own cash from time to time. Going to tennis, for example. That is money that could easily go to charity. So is any money you spend on cable. Or internet connection.

There are lot's of things that people spend their money on that I will never understand (shoes, for example. Who needs more than a few pair, honestly?), but you won't see me turning my nose up at them. I'm sure I spend money on things that they find silly too.

While I completely understand your point (that this is frivolous expense), it could have been expressed without the "holier than thou" attitude. It's the attitude people are attacking more so than the point, I believe.

I agree with this, I have said several times already that I wouldn't mind to pay for the board if I had enough money, coz I love spending my time here, I love to read here and I can find great news and pics here.
There are many people who subscribe to magazines or newspapers to get their news, well we got it all on this board, so why not paying a subscription on this?

sol
07-12-2005, 12:57 PM

very nice! :clap2:

sol
07-12-2005, 01:01 PM
I agree with this, I have said several times already that I wouldn't mind to pay for the board if I had enough money, coz I love spending my time here, I love to read here and I can find great news and pics here.
There are many people who subscribe to magazines or newspapers to get their news, well we got it all on this board, so why not paying a subscription on this?
I'd like to help you but Venezuelan's credit card doesn’t work on Internet without a Cadivi authorization, so my sister did it for me. I'm going to do the process to get my share of preferences dollars to buy on Internet.

CooCooCachoo
07-12-2005, 01:04 PM

I don't turn my nose up at them either. I applaud them for supporting MTF the way they do, but to me it is a waste of money. And that is all I am saying - nothing more and nothing less.

And, really, I am past the point of caring what certain people on a message board think about me and my attitude.

Nymeria
07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
I'd like to help you but Venezuelan's credit card doesn’t work on Internet without a Cadivi authorization, so my sister did it for me. I'm going to do the process to get my share of preferences dollars to buy on Internet.

:hug:

Well I will just have to wait a few years till I am not a student anymore and I got enough money, and others don't have to pay for me just coz 'I don't have enough money but would support the site otherwise'. (I can't find the good words for this, hope you understand what I mean).

Chloe le Bopper
07-12-2005, 01:17 PM
I don't turn my nose up at them either. I applaud them for supporting MTF the way they do, but to me it is a waste of money. And that is all I am saying - nothing more and nothing less.

And, really, I am past the point of caring what certain people on a message board think about me and my attitude.
Sometimes other people are right.

CooCooCachoo
07-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Sometimes other people are right.

More frequently they are wrong.

Chloe le Bopper
07-12-2005, 08:32 PM
I just hope that you're not such a self righteous, miserable git in the real world.

It's fine on the internet.

Not fine if it tranfers.

Chloe le Bopper
07-12-2005, 09:30 PM
And before you ask - no, I'm not this much of a miserable git in real life myself ;) But if I were, I could always cry "ADD!" and get away with it :cool:

Scotso
07-13-2005, 04:50 AM
I don't spend money on anything. The few things I have my parents or grandparents (or even my sister) bought me. But I don't give to charities, either. :D Nope, every dime I get I save... and one day I'm going to blow it all on the most insanely frivolous thing I can find.

Scotso
07-13-2005, 04:51 AM
That said, I like the new skins (I like dark ones because they're easier on the eyes) and I might subscribe if I can find my mom's credit card. :angel:

Scotso
07-13-2005, 04:54 AM
What would be really neat is if we could choose our own color palette.

I'm a big fan of light green font with a black background.

Scotso
07-13-2005, 04:54 AM
Last post I promise...

have you looked into my suggestion of chosing our own forums to be displayed on the main page?

CooCooCachoo
07-13-2005, 06:19 AM
I just hope that you're not such a self righteous, miserable git in the real world.

It's fine on the internet.

Not fine if it tranfers.

I am extremely miserable in person. Can't you tell? I'm just horrible.

Chloe le Bopper
07-13-2005, 06:44 AM
I bet that you don't even swat at flies!

CooCooCachoo
07-13-2005, 12:14 PM
I honestly don't. Occasionally, I do at mosquitoes though. I know. Sad.

Chloe le Bopper
07-13-2005, 08:07 PM
You are a mosquito murderer? :sad:

Me too :rocker2:

CooCooCachoo
07-14-2005, 07:45 AM
You are a mosquito murderer? :sad:

Me too :rocker2:

Part-time only. Well maybe even freelance. There are some in my room right now and I have left them alone :)

Deboogle!.
07-14-2005, 06:12 PM
I really like the Blue Lite skin.... Thanks! :D

bad gambler
07-15-2005, 08:38 AM
debra is a premium member :kiss: :kiss:

and has good taste as well :D

star
07-15-2005, 07:29 PM
I adore this Premium Blue Vision. Its my new favorite skin. :hearts: \

:worship: to the creator. :)

star
07-15-2005, 07:30 PM
I am extremely miserable in person. Can't you tell? I'm just horrible.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :lol: