Has anyone met Luscious Lleyton in person? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Has anyone met Luscious Lleyton in person?

GabbylovesLleyton
02-25-2003, 01:50 PM
I was bored so I decided to look around the Andy Roddick forum and I stummbled upon a post that asked if anyone had met Andy Roddick.........Since I am curious of any of yall have met Lleyton and I am determined to meet Lleyton when I go to the Masters Cup(Lleyton you better qualify!), I was wondering have any of yall ever met Lleyton in person??
:D :D :D :D

thalle
02-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Nope. Bit I'm hoping to meet him at Davis Cup in Sweden, but really don't know, how big my chances are... Could anyone please rate them(my chances). Sounds weird, but I'd REALLY like to know...

Princess Zelda
02-26-2003, 12:55 AM
:wavey:Hey everyone, i haven't met him gabby..but you know that haha....well i don't think that i'll ever meet him either...although if he looked the same as he did as in those conference pictures ;) you know the ones that i am talking about gabby :D but anyways i just figured that i would post something up here because i haven't been posting much..just reading that locker room conversation thread i love that thread it is hilarious any way i gotta go because i have to finish that geometry homework, and then start working on my four projects that are all due either friday or last week any one got any coffee they can send me i'm running out :D haha..just joking....but i'm stressed out right now.....better go though....ttyl :wavey:

Princess Zelda
02-26-2003, 12:58 AM
correction for my last post not last week but my projects are due next weekjust in case ya'll wanted to know....haha:D i'm a cheeseball & i know it

kimmyfan
02-27-2003, 05:31 PM
I kind of met him by accident. Wel meeting is a big word, let's say saw him.
i went to the match of kim and justine in Antwerpen (proximus diamond games) and my cousin and I had to take the bus near the trainstation.
Right in front of the busstop there is the official hotel of the tournament. And who walks out of the hotel with bodyguard???? Lleyton Hewitt!!! I'm not joking!
One man ran as fast as he could to be in front of lleyton to take a picture, really funny!.

He is a cool person (lleyton) but I didn't get the chance to take pix or to talk since I was on the other side of the street lol

John.Charles
02-28-2003, 04:32 AM
yeah. tms toronto last summer. this was his 1st rnd match against matilla. great match even though he lost. i left when it rained (only time it rained throughout tourny) too bad. luckily i watched the rest on tsn.

*i can't believe i saw him play LIVE! he's awesome. he's like the martina hingis of the atp imo. SERIOUSLY!! he is just really smart on the court, i really get a kick out of it when he contructs a point and he finishes off at the net. GO HEWITT!

John.Charles
02-28-2003, 04:33 AM
night matches rock!

kit
02-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Yeah,I met Lleyton last year in Hamburg. He was playing doubles with Tim Henman.They lost their double:sad: but it was very,very great.I'm going to Hamburg in May again.I hope Lleyton will play there again.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Sorry,my English is very bad!!

GabbylovesLleyton
02-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Wow that is kewl!!! I really hope to meet him at the Masters Cup(as I say everytime I bring up this subject, Lleyton you better qualify!!), that would just be so awesome!!! Anywayz, Lleyton's legs are sexy in those pix!
:kiss: :lick: :hearts:

Shadow
03-01-2003, 11:39 AM
I didn`t meet him yet and i DONT WANT to meet him anyway...he`s such a psyscho...i heard storys from people who met him and thats enough!!! He is absolutly not nice to his fans...not smiling at all etc....you know.

Angele
03-01-2003, 12:16 PM
AndySafinette, you seem to be lost :( But have to fear, Angele is here!

The Marat forum is here: http://www.atpworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=25 and if you absolutely feel the need to spend your time bashing Lleyton, there's a few anti-Lleyton or anti-whoever threads in GM http://www.atpworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=2

Hope I was able to help :angel:

NOMAD
03-01-2003, 12:23 PM
Oh!poor baby...get lost
It's nice of you to point him/her the right way, Angele:angel: :kiss:
Hope he/her won't get lost again

Angele
03-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Thanks Tara :kiss: And of course I'd point him/her the right way. If I ever accidentally went into a player's fan forum and started bashing him, I'd be terribly embarassed about my mistake :o I hope somebody there would be nice enough to show me the way to Lleyton's forum ;)

Static
03-01-2003, 12:57 PM
I guess meet is too big of a word, but I guess he gave me an autograph at the autograph session at TMS Toronto and I said thank you :o that's almost a convo ... :p
Anyways I think I still have a few pics from that let's post those again :p

Static
03-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Oh and no duh we saw Hayden ;) Standing very close to us... and to the security guards :o

Shadow
03-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Oh, you are too nice with me..show me the way, how sweet. Thank u, but i think i know what i do and where i go to:D
Just wanted to say my opinion and experienses...that has nothing to do with brashing Lleyten. Well well, i see, Hewitt Fans don`t like critics on their "Baby"..:p So anyway, thats your bear.
Bye
:wavey:

GabbylovesLleyton
03-01-2003, 01:49 PM
Yeah, really if you don't like him, then get out of here and fuck off! Anywayz, Nomad is love your avatar!! Lleyton is such a sweetheart, seeing him with all those little kids is such a turn on! :kiss: :lick: :hearts:

Angele
03-01-2003, 08:35 PM
I'm very sorry AndySafinette, it was rude of me to give you too much credit :rolleyes: Obviously 1) you don't understand the concept of a FAN forum and 2) you're blind! I don't care if you insult Lleyton, I actually belived I sent you to find the anti-Lleyton threads in GM.... what I do have a problem with however is Lleyton bashing in the Lleyton fan forum which imo isn't appropriate at all!

duck
03-01-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by AndySafinette
I didn`t meet him yet and i DONT WANT to meet him anyway...he`s such a psyscho...i heard storys from people who met him and thats enough!!! He is absolutly not nice to his fans...not smiling at all etc....you know.

This would make sense if you had met him and he was rude to you. But you haven't. When you have come back and let us know. Then we will be most interested to hear about your experience rather than your hearsay.

Lleykimmy1
03-02-2003, 11:15 AM
I met him in Bale (Switzerland) in 2000. He was playing doubles with Tommy Haas on the court number 2. They lost and Tommy Haas went directly to the locker rooms but Lleyton stayed and signed autographs during five minutes and he was nice. So if you haven't met him don't listen what is said !!

GabbylovesLleyton
03-02-2003, 11:43 PM
I bet he is the ultimate sweetie and it would be a dream come true to meet him!

Lleykimmy1
03-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by GabbylovesLleyton
I bet he is the ultimate sweetie and it would be a dream come true to meet him!

I can tell you that it was one of the greatest day of my life when I met him, even if when I did, I didn't love him as much as I do now.

Agassi Fan
05-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I met Lleyton many times.

LleytonRocks
05-18-2006, 12:26 AM
i met him

Socket
05-18-2006, 01:34 AM
I met Lleyton in Cincinnati and I was so psyched! If you really like him as a player and get the chance to meet him and get a pic, it really makes your tourney. My experience and picture with him are on the lleytonhewitt.biz at this link

http://www.lleytonhewitt.biz/2005fanexperiences.htm
What a nice story! Thanks for posting the link; I enjoyed reading it. You look so happy in the photo. :)

LleytonRocks
06-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Has anyone met him this year?

Lleytonluver
06-20-2006, 12:21 PM
whoah holy shit u got to touch him?! lucky!!!

Socket
06-20-2006, 01:25 PM
I'd like the story behind the t-shirt Lleyton is wearing -- a 1976 soccer tournament?

LleytonRocks
06-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Yeah that kinda of interested me too. Maybe it was passed down by Glynn? Although he was wearing different shirts on the practice courts so maybe he just wears t-shirts when he goes out for a hit.

Socket
06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah that kinda of interested me too. Maybe it was passed down by Glynn? Although he was wearing different shirts on the practice courts so maybe he just wears t-shirts when he goes out for a hit.
Soccer is the American term for football; I don't think it's used in Australia.

Maybe it was the laundry's mistake. ;)

Angele
06-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Maybe it's just one of those 'fake' vintage t-shirts. I've seen them for girls in some of the stores I shop so I imagine they have them for guys as well. They're basically brand new shirts with an old event ( sometimes real, sometimes not) printed on it. But on the other hand, it could be actual vintage, passed down from his dad or some other relative/friend.

I'm not sure about the terms soccer vs. football in Australia, but I thought in Australia football was Aussie Rules so they must have another term for what is soccer in North America, and football in Europe. I can't say for sure that they call in soccer but I think I remember Jane calling the Aussie team the socceroo's.

Socket
06-21-2006, 03:19 PM
I got curious about the origins of the words "soccer" and I discovered that it's an altered form of the phrase "association football," which used to be abbreviated as "assoc. football." I thought that was interesting.

star
06-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Soccer is the American term for football; I don't think it's used in Australia.

Maybe it was the laundry's mistake. ;)

I kind of think they do say soccer in Oz. Just from what Jane has said.

Footy and Soccer.

Interesting the origins of the word.

From what I read, that term "soccer" was actually of British derivation.

mel7777777
06-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Met Lleyton when he was still with Kim. They came to antwerp at the local tennisclub to train for the clay court season. He was really cool and low profile. After one hour of tennis he got so bored he went to play golf and Kim was the caddy,hahaha...He's a good guy,good luck to him at Wimbledon!

bad gambler
06-22-2006, 01:53 PM
"Soccer" is definitely used in Australia because we have too many other "football" codes ;)

bad gambler
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Has anyone met him this year?

Here is my photo with him.

great :yeah:

Agassi Fan
06-26-2006, 09:30 AM
I met Lleyton many times, in Wimbledon, in Paris...

LleytonRocks
09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Anyone had a recent encounter with Lleyton? If so, please share.

Sean.J.S.
12-26-2006, 02:14 AM
Well I met Lleyton in 2002 during Roland Garros. I didn't follow tennis then so I didn't know who he was. Anyway I saw him at Disneyland in Paris and he was with some bodyguards and Kim Clijsters and I got Lleyton's autograph. I would have gotten Kim's autograph too if I knew who she was. :mad:

bad gambler
12-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm going to see him tomorrow ;)

tennisfan16
12-26-2006, 05:03 PM
oh, I'm SO jealous!!!!! I want to meet Lleyton!! Although, he was given the compilation of messages for the LHP...which makes me happy!!

Socket
12-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Be sure to give us all the scope, bg! :)

swisstruffles
02-21-2007, 12:16 AM
i saw lleyton practice at the aussie open this year, his parents were watching from the side of the court. he was there with his former temp. coach scott draper. there were heaps of ppl and he actually signed autographs for a few minutes. the crush of fans was absolutely huge. i said good luck for the trophy and he said thanks. i was surprised that he seemed so nice because i had seen him once in the sydney tournament in 2006 i think, on the practice court where he signed only 2 or 3 and practically ran out the back way to avoid more fans. i guess maybe the players are in a good mood at the aussie open because its the first major of the season and there are so many fans eager to see them.

Rathi
03-11-2007, 09:29 PM
I've not met him but saw him at the practice courts at wimbledon last year.. I only caught the last few mins of his practice though. But then later (he was playing on court 2) I went to see him warm up for his match. I didn't have court tickets so couldnt watch the actual match, but the security guy let me stand at the top of the stairs until the match was about to start!! I was quite close.. very cool!

Yasmine
04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
I didn't speak to him more than to tell him well done after his match and to hand him over some messages from this board but here is how close I got :devil:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/yeljai/Roland%20Garros%202006/Lleyton6.jpg

Photos of his 1st round match RG last year:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/yeljai/Roland%20Garros%202006/Lleyton5.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/yeljai/Roland%20Garros%202006/Lleyton4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/yeljai/Roland%20Garros%202006/Lleyton1.jpg
Probably posted them before but I'm sure everyone will appreciate :p I even got a "come on!" one :drool:

Lleytonluver
04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Wow, you're so lucky!

Matchu
04-19-2007, 06:39 AM
I've had a few close encounters with Lleyton, the first was when I was lining up for Roger Federer signature at the Australian Open in 2004 when he won his first Aus Open, as I was waiting in line I saw Lleyton Hewitt practicing with Tim Henman and I imediately ran over but I couldnt get his signature. I was pretty suprised he looked pretty tall back then but I was probably shorter back then because I was 13 then. Then as I was walking back to get back in line I heard someone yell "Mark" and as I turned around Mark Phillippoussis was walking towards me and he walked right next to me to practice on the court Lleyton just came off. Mark is very tall!

That was the first time I saw him it was one big day as I saw Roger Federer, Andre Agassi, Lleyton Hewitt, Mark Phillippoussis, Tim Henman and the Williams sisters (and a couple of other I can't remember) all in the same day.

My second experience was in December of 2005 when I visited the Medibank International in Sydney and was told that Lleyton was there and I missed him by about two hours! haha I was so excited that I decided to drive to Palm Beach where he just moved to and went right down the street of his house! saw him on his balcony with pregnant Bec he was wearing a pink shirt. I've lost the picture I took of him. I wanted to get out of the car and get a bit closer to the house and maybe talk to him but I didnt have enough time.

The most recent experience was at this years Australian Open in his first round match against Michael Russel where he came back from two sets to love down to come back and win the match, it ended at around 1am. THE BEST MATCH I'VE EVER SEEN LIVE. then I went came out of Rod Laver Arena and went over to Margaret Court to see Peter Luczak he lost in the fifth set 6-4. didnt get to sleep until around 4am then had to catch a plane at 11am (it was worth it).

So I've seen him a couple of times but have not talked to him yet.

Yasmine
04-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Oh and I'm going to RG again this year, so let's hope I can see him again :angel: :)