Anyone going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone going?

ae wowww
07-02-2005, 10:32 PM
:D ?

Scotso
07-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm going. Mainly just to see Paul Goldstein and Karol Beck... but it would be fun to see Richard Gasquet and Alejandro Falla, too.

ae wowww
07-06-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm going. Mainly just to see Paul Goldstein and Karol Beck... but it would be fun to see Richard Gasquet and Alejandro Falla, too.

You're a Falla fan :D He has such a smooth game, and being leftie anyway, it looks awesome! And Paul G :) Have fun!

Scotso
07-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Well I can't see Falla now :(

I won't be able to go now until Monday. I'll probably be in DC for the entire 7 days of the main tournament, but I'll only go to the later rounds if people I like are still in it. My sister has to leave town that weekend and since I'm staying with her, I just can't go until Sunday night. So, I won't be able to see the qualifying :(

Too bad I'll miss the best part of the tournament. Hopefully I'll still be able to see Karol around and meet him and Paul!

SwissMister1
07-19-2005, 06:04 PM
That sucks, I believe I will be going on Sunday. I don't plan on buying qualy tickets ahead of time, since last time they had plenty available that day. I also will try to go on Monday.

Scotso
07-19-2005, 08:12 PM
I may get to go after all, I just don't know.

I'm not buying any tickets in advance, because when I called the tournament the lady said that usually only the last weekend sells out, and I don't like crowds anyway.

SwissMister1
07-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I may get to go after all, I just don't know.

I'm not buying any tickets in advance, because when I called the tournament the lady said that usually only the last weekend sells out, and I don't like crowds anyway.

Yeah, I went to qualies last year and there was definitely no need to buy ahead of time, especially because Ticketmaster adds on a service charge if you buy ahead. I guess if you wanted the special packages or really good seats during the week it would be a different story.

On a side note, the Sunday of qualies is a kids' picnic day and they give away free hot dogs! At least they did last year.

smucav
07-25-2005, 04:48 PM
I was up there on Saturday for a meeting. The tournament director ended up giving us a tour of the insides of tennis center (we even walked onto center court through the players' entrance) and the whole grounds. The blue courts look great in person. They've added a few new outer courts this year to accomodate the women's tournament & have completely redone the other outer courts & the practice courts. One of the best things about Washington is that because of the 4:00 p.m. start times, there's hardly anyone there during the day so if you have access to the grounds you can watch all the practice sessions up close.

SwissMister1
07-25-2005, 06:56 PM
I was up there on Saturday for a meeting. The tournament director ended up giving us a tour of the insides of tennis center (we even walked onto center court through the players' entrance) and the whole grounds. The blue courts look great in person. They've added a few new outer courts this year to accomodate the women's tournament & have completely redone the other outer courts & the practice courts. One of the best things about Washington is that because of the 4:00 p.m. start times, there's hardly anyone there during the day so if you have access to the grounds you can watch all the practice sessions up close.

Nice, I definitely want to leave work early one of the days to do that. How did you get to have a meeting there?

SwissMister1
07-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I guess I was wrong about going there and just getting tickets...

INDIVIDUAL SESSION SEATING IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH
TICKETMASTER AND AVAILABLE IN ROWS F-N OF THE UPPER
TIER. ALL OTHER SEAT LOCATIONS IN THE LOWER AND UPPER
TIERS ARE SOLD AS TICKET PACKAGES THROUGH THE LEGG
MASON TENNIS CLASSIC BOX OFFICE.

Ticketmaster sucks.

NicoFan
07-30-2005, 07:15 PM
I emailed Legg Mason - they emailed me back said you can get tickets right there day of match.

Would be stupid of them not to sell tickets day of match.

Cuz I only want to see Nico so will wait for the OOP the night before and go when he's playing the first round.

Scotso
07-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Yes and I called and they also told me you could get them at the gate.

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Everyone's reports and pics makes me sad I wasn't there this year. :( When is women's LM?

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-06-2005, 06:58 AM
The tourney director? Is his name Jeffrey Newman??