Anyone going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone going?

ae wowww
07-02-2005, 10:32 PM
:D ?

Deboogle!.
07-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh got my series tickets last week :banana:

My summer externship ends the week before, so I will be there every day, all day, from qualies til the end :D

tinuviel_estel
07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm coming too :bounce: but, on the semis only :sad: and my ticket is crap :mad: does anyone know, where i can buy an upper box seat ticket?

Deboogle!.
07-06-2005, 03:01 AM
Ticketmaster? Or call the tournament ticket office? They're really nice there.

Tricky_Forehand
07-06-2005, 03:56 AM
I have tickets for every day. Whether I go every day that remains to be seen.

tinuviel_estel
07-06-2005, 05:58 AM
Ticketmaster? Or call the tournament ticket office? They're really nice there.
tried ticket master, only loge seating available. i already bought the 8pm ticket early this morning :sad: i'll try to call the ticket office for the 3pm game hope they still have upper box seats :) thanks Debs :hug:

Tricky_Forehand
07-06-2005, 06:51 AM
A little secret: If you already have a day ticket...don't waste your money on a night session. Just stay on site and they'll never know. Sadly, I bought tickets in a season package so I had to buy night tickets.

You said you're only going to the SFs so that would be more difficult to do.

ae wowww
07-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Sneeky: I would be so grateful if anyone would take photos of Jim (Thomas) if they see him playing, whilst in L.A. :) I am willing to pay if necessary... Just contact me. Thanks very much.

tinuviel_estel
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
A little secret: If you already have a day ticket...don't waste your money on a night session. Just stay on site and they'll never know. Sadly, I bought tickets in a season package so I had to buy night tickets.

You said you're only going to the SFs so that would be more difficult to do.
Bummer!! :mad: i bought 4 tickets man! but i'ts ok it's rather cheap :D
next time i'll try your advice :) thanks :hug:

Deboogle!.
07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Does that actually work in LA, Katherine? In Houston, they very deliberately and carefully checked in between sessions and made people empty the stadium.

I'm still waiting on my Monday night ticket - it was supposed to be included in my package and wasn't. It sounds like you have to bug these people sometimes. But that's ok, I like bugging people :p

good luck, tinuviel_estel! And in any case, I'm sure the Semis will be great :D IMO, the stadium looks small enough so that there aren't really any bad seats. Being really close to a tennis match is a little overrated IMO. I was third row when I went in Scottsdale and it was nice to be so close sometimes, but it was basically impossible to actually watch the tennis.

Drew, I generally take pics of everyone I see. I can't make any promises, but I'll try to take pics of Jim for you :)

Tricky_Forehand
07-06-2005, 05:33 PM
I've been going since '01 and it's worked every year. I've been getting season tickets since '02 but Monday-Thursday is so busy that I never left the site so I never had to show a night session ticket. The charity event ticket is complimentary this year but in the year's prior I just stayed on the site and no one was the wiser :).

ae wowww
07-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks Deb :)

Frank Winkler
07-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Hello

What about reasonable accomodations?
Is it on a University campus?

The women are in California for three weeks as well.

Fee
07-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh got my series tickets last week :banana:

My summer externship ends the week before, so I will be there every day, all day, from qualies til the end :D

:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

For the first time since 2002, I'm not going. Waaaaahhhhhh.

Deb you have to just suck it up and hug Robby, Graydon, Jordan, the angry little German, Travis (and whoever else I can think of) for me since I can't be there. :sad:

Fee
07-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Hey Frank,
Yes the tournament is on the UCLA university campus. If you need hotel info, start with the tournament website, there are a few hotels listed there. If those are all beyond your budget, then search various websites for hotels in Westwood. If you go outside the Westwood area you will either need a car or a really good grasp of the bus system in the Los Angeles area.

alelysafina
07-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Im going !!!! 3rd year in a row! I was worried about paying fo the tickets, but my dad came through ;)

Deboogle!.
07-07-2005, 03:40 PM
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

For the first time since 2002, I'm not going. Waaaaahhhhhh.

Deb you have to just suck it up and hug Robby, Graydon, Jordan, the angry little German, Travis (and whoever else I can think of) for me since I can't be there. :sad::sad:

Tricky_Forehand
07-07-2005, 07:27 PM
I called today and it appears that the more expensive packages got higher priority in the mailings so mine (Daylight Savings) was the last one out. I don't remember ever getting my tickets this late last year or years before but I guess as long as they get here.

binkygirl
07-25-2005, 01:53 AM
I'm going the first day and maybe the second. I only want to see Blake vs Kiefer and Dent vs Fish. I got a good seat (box), pricey, but worth it.

jole
07-25-2005, 02:02 AM
Say hello to Dominik if you see him!

Deboogle!.
07-25-2005, 02:44 AM
I saw hrbaty today, looking in on other players' practices. He was wearing a really ill-advised outfit... that's about all I can say. lol.

jole
07-25-2005, 02:55 AM
I saw hrbaty today, looking in on other players' practices. He was wearing a really ill-advised outfit... that's about all I can say. lol.

Oh god, was it "pink" (death) or worse?

Deboogle!.
07-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Oh god, was it "pink" (death) or worse?it was a sleeveless and it was like bright colors, red and orange and stuff. I couldnt turn my camera on fast enough to snap a pic, sorry :( but it was not at all good.

binkygirl
07-25-2005, 04:18 AM
I'll try and get as many pics as I can. My ticket is for the evening session, but I'm going to get there at 3pm and walk around a bit. I don't know every player, but I'll take a snap of any guy that looks like he could be a pro, post them, and you guys can identify them.

I'm very excited to be going. If Agassi makes the semis, I'll go to the match.