Hand pain after playing tennis. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hand pain after playing tennis.

deliveryman
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Ok, I play recreationally, nothing very serious.

Anyway, I've been playing A LOT of tennis the last couple days, the first time in a year or so, and am trying out a different grip (semi-western).

And afterwards, especially today, my hand has been shaking everytime i pick up anything remotely heavy. and my hand and fingers are really sore.

Is this normal and will pass? Or is it because I am doing something wrong?

EDIT: my shoulder as well is a bit sore.

jole
07-01-2005, 03:46 AM
New grips work different muscles, and it is very normal to feel sore after using them at first. Don't push it too much, but things will get better as your body adjusts.

deliveryman
07-01-2005, 03:52 AM
New grips work different muscles, and it is very different to feel sore after using them at first. Don't push it too much, but things will get better as your body adjusts.

I hope you meant "it is very normal to feel sore aftering using them at first" Otherwise I think I'm doing something wrong.

Chloe le Bopper
07-01-2005, 04:11 AM
I felt sore after playing for the first time in a while... same hand blah that you described. I wouldn't worry about it.

jole
07-01-2005, 04:30 AM
I hope you meant "it is very normal to feel sore aftering using them at first" Otherwise I think I'm doing something wrong.

Erm yea, sorry! One of those uh, days. It is totally normal for muscles to be sore when using a new grip.

superpinkone37
07-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Yeah that has happened to me before too, both when playing after not being on the court in a while as well as after trying out a new grip. Hopefully your hand feels better soon, deliveryman :)

alfonsojose
07-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Masturbation and semi-western isn't a good mix ;)

jole
07-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Masturbation and semi-western isn't a good mix ;)

Haha, so true. A few years ago when I adopted a new grip for serving, my hands were sore for a few reasons. :p

Turkeyballs Paco
07-01-2005, 04:52 PM
somehow, when I saw alfonsojose's name pop up on this thread about hand pain, I knew exactly what he was going to do with it.

Yeah, I had the same thing happen with the hand shaking and everything, no worries. Your hand will adjust/get stronger. Probably good to stretch out your forearm muscles with the stretches to prevent tennis elbow by bending your hand up and down from the wrist. This seemed to help my hand pain too.

joeb_uk
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
somehow, when I saw alfonsojose's name pop up on this thread about hand pain, I knew exactly what he was going to do with it.

Yeah, I had the same thing happen with the hand shaking and everything, no worries. Your hand will adjust/get stronger. Probably good to stretch out your forearm muscles with the stretches to prevent tennis elbow by bending your hand up and down from the wrist. This seemed to help my hand pain too.
:lol: :lol: