Allianz Suisse Open Gstaad 2005 - Maybe next year, Mariano withdrew!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Allianz Suisse Open Gstaad 2005 - Maybe next year, Mariano withdrew!!

Denaon
06-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Mariano's had a wonderful clay season this year :yeah: so I'm really looking forward to watch him play in Gstaad.
BTW Roger's not playing there, that brings me high hopes!! :bounce:

These are last years appearances made by Mariano in Gstaad/Bastad (during this week):

2004 ----> Out of circuit
2003 ----> Played in Bastad and lost in 1st R.
2002 ----> :shrug: (Probably played Challenger)
2001 ----> Played in Bastad and lost in 1st R.
2000 ----> Runner-up in Gstaad (lost to Alex Corretja)
1999 ----> Played in Gstaad and lost in 1st R to Guga Kuerten

*Ljubica*
06-30-2005, 06:16 PM
I've been absent from MTF a lot recently because of Wimbledon etc - but things are getting back to normal a bit now - so just wanted to say Good Luck to Mariano :)

Choupi
07-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes, good luck to Mariano. :) And I hope the draw won't make him play Gaston too soon!!!!! ;)

Fergie
07-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Vamos Mariano!!! :bigclap:

Denaon
07-02-2005, 05:31 PM
I've read in the Entry List thread of Gstaad and smucav (sthg like that?) posted that Mariano's out :shrug:

How do they get that type of info? Is it true?? :scared: I hope not.

Choupi
07-02-2005, 05:39 PM
I've just checked the official site of the tournament, and nothing yet confirming that info, so let's wait for sthg more official than some post on a public board such as MTF! ;)

Denaon
07-02-2005, 06:14 PM
I've just checked the official site of the tournament, and nothing yet confirming that info, so let's wait for sthg more official than some post on a public board such as MTF! ;)

Mariano Puerta (illness), Fernando Gonzalez (knee injury), Christophe Rochus (arm injury) and Albert Costa (knee injury) withdrew from the tournament.

I just took this form the official site where they announced the wild cards given. :sad: :sad: :sad:

This sucks...I was expecting to watch him play.

*Ljubica*
07-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Mariano is going to Australia with the Argentine DC Team - at this stage we don't know if he'll be playing doubles or just travelling as a sparring/practice partner. To my knowledge they're flying out next week-end to get acclimatised and prepared, so I guess he withdrew from Gstaad so he can rest before training and travelling with the rest of the team. Hope that clear everything up.

Fergie
07-03-2005, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the info Rosie ;)