NBA Draft - 28th June [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NBA Draft - 28th June

bad gambler
06-28-2005, 09:12 AM
I know jackie doesn't agree, but I'm adamant Bogut is going no 1 here.

Bogut to be No 1 draft pick - $1.50 (5 units)

It is going to be a great day for Bogut, but a greater day for Aussie basketball :)

SwiSha
06-28-2005, 10:51 AM
lol BG u re betting on this ???

:lol: ...by the way ...aint he from croatia or at least his parents ..i heard something like that

bad gambler
06-28-2005, 11:03 AM
lol BG u re betting on this ???

:lol: ...by the way ...aint he from croatia or at least his parents ..i heard something like that

yep, money for jam

dad is croation but they moved to australia, bogut was born and lived here before moving to Utah to take up a sports scholarship over there.

jackieglover
06-29-2005, 01:58 AM
I know jackie doesn't agree, but I'm adamant Bogut is going no 1 here.

Bogut to be No 1 draft pick - $1.50 (5 units)

It is going to be a great day for Bogut, but a greater day for Aussie basketball :)

No, I said he WAS going to be #1. I just think Marvin Williams will be a better pro prospect. Came home after the first 10 picks. I guess I'm happy with the Warriors pick of Ike, because he is solid, but I wanted a SF for the sole fact that it would have meant Mike Dunleavy is out of town, but now it looks like he'll be a Warrior, for at least one more year :sobbing:

NATAS81
06-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Dump Luke Walton and trade picks for Bogut.

bad gambler
06-29-2005, 02:18 AM
No, I said he WAS going to be #1. I just think Marvin Williams will be a better pro prospect. Came home after the first 10 picks. I guess I'm happy with the Warriors pick of Ike, because he is solid, but I wanted a SF for the sole fact that it would have meant Mike Dunleavy is out of town, but now it looks like he'll be a Warrior, for at least one more year :sobbing:

oh my bad, i misinterpreted

yeah really happy Bogut got to No1 - bball has been flagging here in Australia, you can't imagine what this will do to pick up the interest, esp if he turns out to be any good in his first year.

NATAS81
06-29-2005, 02:23 AM
I can't imagine either, because it won't do much.

NATAS81
06-29-2005, 02:32 AM
LAL has 3 picks in the top 39. The future is looking bright.

bad gambler
06-29-2005, 02:33 AM
I can't imagine either, because it won't do much.

you obvioulsy are not familiar with Australian overhype

NATAS81
06-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Has Greg Norman resulted in more Australian golfers? No.

So what would basketball do which is a far less popular sport.

bad gambler
06-29-2005, 02:38 AM

Nick O'Hern, Adam Scott, Adam Baddley, Rod Pampling, Peter Lonard, Stuart Appelby and Steve Allenby, all USPGA regulars gush over Norman and his influence, so I'd say a resounding yes.

Not bad for an Aussie who doesn't even live here

NATAS81
06-29-2005, 02:40 AM
So you really think there are plenty of white basketball players jumping at the bit to go pro.

bad gambler
06-29-2005, 02:44 AM
So you really think there are plenty of white basketball players jumping at the bit to go pro.

yes

NATAS81
06-29-2005, 02:46 AM
I wouldn't put stock in any Australian to be selected first again for a long time.

bad gambler
06-29-2005, 03:00 AM
well neither would I

are Yanks bitter an International got No1 pick? And a white man at that :lol:

Finns4
06-29-2005, 03:34 AM

So what would basketball do which is a far less popular sport.

:haha: :haha:

NATAS81
06-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Bitter? And who said anything about a Yank?

Why isn't is unfathomable to rule against a country that has failed to produce any legitimate basketball players up until now.

The volleyball team is good, but that's not under the microscope here.

Any chances that he will prevail in an NBA uniform remain to be seen, and he thrived in the dominantly white Utah university as well.

So his upbringing was one that can be contributed to society.

I don't expect any basketball players to run through Georgetown from AUS anytime soon.

Yeah, a little in the Euro-emerging ERA and the RUS kid at 18 years of age but could barely speak English in the interview is understandable.

But, don't think the USA won't be extra motivated to reclaim the crown of the majority of the worlds superior basketball talent. Which it undoubtedly has.

Finns4
06-29-2005, 06:05 AM
But, don't think the USA won't be extra motivated to reclaim the crown of the majority of the worlds superior basketball talent. Which it undoubtedly has.

The US will always have the talent, the game was borned and raised there. Its like saying i won't invest my money in any American Rugby League, Rugby Union or Cricket stocks.

There really is only a handful of other nations that have produced some great basketball players in the nba 2. I think if more Oz basketball talents can get themselves in the US college system early they have a chance of compete-in @ the Pro level.

Also the US didnt win the gold@ the last olympics, but that is a very argueable point.