Interviews, audios, videos... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Interviews, audios, videos...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Marine
06-26-2005, 06:07 PM

esther
06-26-2005, 11:23 PM
how exciting, finally an arnaud forum!!!!!!!

stefani
06-27-2005, 09:09 AM
an audio, after the double in davis cup
in english ...
( he speacks english like me :scratch: )
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsaudio.asp?id=13234

rtsp://a140.v67302.c6730.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/140/6730/3c7baff6/replorrain.download.akamai.com/6730/RL/odmjules24.rm
it's video on Julien boutter, where he is in metz,
when arnaud win this tournament
and we can see arnaud before the match with camille
and after in the vestaire with just a towel on him for hiding... ( not before the 6eme minute)

Nathy
06-28-2005, 12:09 AM
an audio, after the double in davis cup
in english ...
( he speacks english like me :scratch: )
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsaudio.asp?id=13234

:rolls: I definitely love listening to him when he speaks English :p He is so cuuuuuuuute! Keep it up Nono :yeah:

rtsp://a140.v67302.c6730.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/140/6730/3c7baff6/replorrain.download.akamai.com/6730/RL/odmjules24.rm
and after in the vestaire with just a towel on him for hiding... ( not before the 6eme minute)

Niiiiiiiiice video!! Merci beaucoup, elle est super :)

Anne-Claire
06-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Yes me too, I like listening to Arnaud when he's speaking in English... but he has found a tough opponent.... concerning this really FRENCH accent..: Richard!!lol

Richard is really bad in English but I like his accent...;o) Mdr!!

Marine
06-28-2005, 07:09 PM
It's hilarious , arnaud, richard...même combat !! :lol:
I have to admit Seb doesn't speak very well for someone who live in Florida ! I read his interviews, he uses a basic english: simple sentences, simple vocabulary. 'you know...you know...you know...which means he searches his words bedore answering :o )
Paulo is better, but his accent is not that good either....omg our players are pathetic !!!! LOL

prazz_m
06-29-2005, 12:52 AM
for the first time ever, i think i'm going to defend arnaud's english haha! i actually don't think that interview is that bad and his accent has improved soooo much - but i guess i'm thinking back to like AO final 2001 where he had to use a written speech to help him ... good memories! but no seriously, i think his english is actually pretty okay now!

Via
06-29-2005, 11:49 PM
i can't get the video link, can you all?

i wish arnaud could speak that much english to me! he won't try so hard with fans as in interviews! seb on the other hand, doesn't mind that much using english. i don't mind accents, i have an accent, everyone i know has accents, all sorts from many backgrounds (and isn't the aussie accent odd too ;) )

Via
09-02-2005, 01:20 AM
this was posted by delsa at uso thread but the interview looks great (arnaud that is) so i'll just save the link here:

mms://wmediavod.coltfrance.com/wmeurosports/eurosport/2005/08/31/clement_fr_21485_4_57_3_320x240.wmv

mms://wmediavod.coltfrance.com/wmeurosports/eurosport/2005/08/31/clement_fr_21485_4_57_3_320x240.wmv

it's arnaud interviewed after 1st round win over ferrero

prazz_m
09-04-2005, 12:53 AM
EVERYONE!!!! THERE'S AN ENGLISH INTERVIEW OF ARNAUD!!
clearly i am excited! it's after his win over andy murray - his english is still a little, how would i put it...., raw? haha
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2005-09-02/200509021125759541157.html

enjoy!

Marine
09-04-2005, 01:59 PM
I love his face... :confused: he was very concentrated, this kind of interview is worse than a match in 5 sets ! :lol:

Merci prazz :)

Via
09-04-2005, 11:37 PM
he certainly tried as hard as he played the match :lol:

i did see it yesterday and thought i should work out the link for the video file but couldn't. thanks prazz for posting the html page! which was what i could've done. you aren't too busy yet for arnaud ;)

Hangdog
09-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Aha, I also have already seen this interview. But it's always very difficult to talk in another language sitting in front of cameras, journalists!.. Anyway for me this English interview is more understandable than his previous French one from Eurosport. By the way, I wonder if he speaks his actual French there or it's just not the best quality of the record (my granny speaks almost the same language when she puts her false jours out..)? I understood maximum 40-50 words from Arnaud's 5-minutes speach (the most understandable interviews in my opinion are Amelie's)... And so I have to be very thankful to Arnaud because he always speaks to me in English only :worship: .

Marine
09-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Aha, I also have already seen this interview. But it's always very difficult to talk in another language sitting in front of cameras, journalists!.. Anyway for me this English interview is more understandable than his previous French one from Eurosport. By the way, I wonder if he speaks his actual French there or it's just not the best quality of the record (my granny speaks almost the same language when she puts her false jours out..)? I understood maximum 40-50 words from Arnaud's 5-minutes speach (the most understandable interviews in my opinion are Amelie's)... And so I have to be very thankful to Arnaud because he always speaks to me in English only :worship: .

Well, he speaks normally in the video of eurosport, I don't see, irina...

I love his interview in english, it's priceless :lol:
Especially when he says "in this...in this...departement ?? (to the french journalists): ugh ça se dit ou pas ça ? c'est bon ? ...et euhhhh...blabla in english .Hilarious
Or when a journalist asks him a question, he's like :confused: then "j'comprends rien pffff" ! LOL (we can listen to some people laughing , probably French)

He looks like Roddick when he pulls his cap down over his eyes ! lol

Via
09-07-2005, 12:01 AM
thanks for the french part of the transcript! lol

he's always funny when interviewed in english, much more so than in french because he gets very animated when he tries hard to speak. now you know why we love him so in australia!! (i think we've seen more of him in interviews here than in some other english-speaking countries)

SwissMister1
09-29-2005, 04:55 AM
A video of Arnaud from the USO qualies :) I believe this is against Sergiy Stakhovsky.

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...9G19YWLYV9273FW

Via
09-29-2005, 11:25 PM
thanks! :yeah: that qualifier in the video seemed to hit the ball a lot cleaner and harder than 'gag'........ you know? :lol:

did you shoot with a digital camera with video function? i guess you couldn't use a normal camcorder at a match? 6 meg is a lot for a short clip :eek:

chicky841
09-30-2005, 02:24 AM
It doesnt work for me. It just shows a blank page, with the yousendit stuff on top, but no place to click for the video.

SwissMister1
09-30-2005, 03:03 AM
thanks! :yeah: that qualifier in the video seemed to hit the ball a lot cleaner and harder than 'gag'........ you know? :lol:

did you shoot with a digital camera with video function? i guess you couldn't use a normal camcorder at a match? 6 meg is a lot for a short clip :eek:

Yup, I don't have a normal camcorder, that's the best I have...

Chicky, I just tested it and had the same problem...I'll try to fix that. I think Yousendit is being weird right now for some reason.

Éowyn
09-30-2005, 03:12 AM
i have same problem as chicky i get a blank you send it page too

SwissMister1
09-30-2005, 03:17 AM
This should work now...

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0QPP5BEOY5I9G19YWLYV9273FW

chicky841
09-30-2005, 03:56 AM
thank u!! yay. Arnauds shorts are shorter than usual. im seein some more thigh than usual.

SwissMister1
09-30-2005, 04:15 AM
thank u!! yay. Arnauds shorts are shorter than usual. im seein some more thigh than usual.

Is this good or bad? :lol:

parissima
09-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Judging by the "yay" it's good.
Yeah, it is good :devil:

Thank you so much for the video SwissMister,once again... :worship:

chicky841
09-30-2005, 05:30 PM
haha ya its definately a good thing. thnk u again. videos of arnaud are hard to come by.

Via
10-01-2005, 12:25 AM
videos of arnaud are hard to come by.

shouldn't really, if other fans around the world take a little more effort than just taking pics!! ;)

that's why we're gathering in such forums, to help each other out ;)

i doubt if arnaud's shorts can keep getting shorter... they have already been shorter than a few years ago, i think :devil:

chicky841
10-01-2005, 01:54 AM
haha lol. well they look shorter in this video. yes we must all help eachother out. share the love (videos)

Marine
10-05-2005, 06:14 PM
After his first round in Metz

Interview d'Arnaud Clément

Arnaud Clément a réussi son entrée dans le tounoi en simple et accède au tour suivant en s'imposant face à l'allemand Tobias Summerer 7/6 (3) 6/4. Réactions à chaud du joueur français victorieux de la première édition de l'Open en simple mais aussi l'année dernière en double.

Ce premier match était serré dans le jeu, quelle analyse pouvez-vous nous en faire ?

Ce n'était pas un grand match, mais je pense mériter la victoire car je me suis bien accroché. Dans le second set, je suis en-dessous durant plusieurs jeux, mais j'arrive finalement à une bonne conclusion de match.

Summerer est un joueur de qualité. Il a un style de jeu qui ne fait pas briller l'adversaire, qui est tellement imprévisible qu'il ne permet pas de prendre le jeu à son compte. J'ai donc subi son jeu une bonne partie de la rencontre. Je suis très heureux d'accéder au second tour même si la manière n'est pas forcément la meilleure.

Content d'être de retour à Metz ?

Ça aide de jouer à Metz, car j'ai déjà remporté le tournoi en 2003. J'ai une certaine affection pour l'Open de Moselle et les Arènes de Metz. Jouer dans un endroit dans lequel je me sens bien est une source de motivation pour moi. C'est d'ailleurs un vrai plaisir que de participer à un tournoi en France de manière générale, ça se passe très bien à chaque fois, j'en garde toujours d'excellents souvenirs.

La France et les Français sont de fervents amateurs de tennis (ça sinne très discours de politicien ! lol) et le public veut nous voir bien jouer, il est derrière nous à chaque point et nous encourage énormément. A Metz et à Lyon notamment, les gens sont particulièrement sympathiques et impliqués. J'ai donc envie de m'illustrer dès les premiers échanges et faire vibrer le public.

La fin de l'année est riche en compétitions et en tournois qui se déroulent en France, je sais que je vais passer de bons moments sportifs, et je dois dire que ça me pousse à me dépasser.

Quels sont vos objectifs actuels ? Prendre des points pour le classement ou remporter l'Open ?

Je n'ai aucun objectif de classement, je suis le genre de personnes qui ne se met pas la pression. Au contraire, je m'accroche et je joue pour le plaisir avant tout.

Pour cette 3e édition de l'Open, mon objectif premier est d'aller le plus loin possible, je prends donc les matchs les uns derrière les autres. J'avoue toutefois que ça me ferait grandement plaisir de gagner ici à Metz. Comme je me sens bien, je suis en pleine confiance et c'est plutôt bon signe.

Demain, pour le second tour, vous serez opposé au jeune Gael Monfils. De quel oeil voyez-vous ce match ?

Gael est un joueur en devenir, il est certainement encore perfectible dans son jeu, comme tous les jeunes joueurs, mais il a beaucoup de qualités sur lesquelles il arrive à s'appuyer pour gagner ses matchs. Cette rencontre va sans aucun doute être très difficile à remporter. J'ai dans l'intention de m'imposer mais je sais que Gael va me donner du fil à retordre. Avec lui, rien n'est acquis.

chicky841
10-14-2005, 02:50 AM
Does anyone have a video of the 2001 Australian Open speech Arnaud made after he lost the final against Agassi. Ive been lookin for it but i cant find it. If anyone had it I would be forever thankful if they gave it to me. thnx in advance.

Via
10-17-2005, 08:23 AM
i think i have some part of it taped for me by a very kind nono fan in the US, which was sent to me a few years back when i was pleading for it. (i did see it on tv)

i can't give it away though :p if i have the means to copy it and convert to a format that i can post here, i will... but i don't!

have you done any searching around the web?

chicky841
10-19-2005, 11:00 PM
ya, ive tried to search for it, but cant find it. Lucky you. Im technically challenged so I dont know a way for you to post it here. I guess I wil have to content myself with staring at the pictures. which is rather sad if u think about it. haha. I guess ill keep searchin.

-isabel-
10-23-2005, 02:25 PM
please give links to all you've found english interviews... it's so cute...there are too less of them

-isabel-
10-23-2005, 02:26 PM
and sorry for my english..

Via
10-23-2005, 11:58 PM
ya, ive tried to search for it, but cant find it. Lucky you. Im technically challenged so I dont know a way for you to post it here. I guess I wil have to content myself with staring at the pictures. which is rather sad if u think about it. haha. I guess ill keep searchin.

*sigh* i should not be that technically challenged but only financially lol

you've reminded me that i should soon have easier access to a dvd writer.. when i do, perhaps i'll be able to copy my tapes to dvd.. then onto the computer.. then i'll be able to convert the files. seems plausible..... i'll give it a try :)

chicky841
10-25-2005, 10:03 PM
*sigh* i should not be that technically challenged but only financially lol

you've reminded me that i should soon have easier access to a dvd writer.. when i do, perhaps i'll be able to copy my tapes to dvd.. then onto the computer.. then i'll be able to convert the files. seems plausible..... i'll give it a try :)
Thx. if you do get a dvd writer, ill be very thankful. :D

chicky841
10-25-2005, 10:04 PM
please give links to all you've found english interviews... it's so cute...there are too less of them
I know I wish I could get some videos of english interviews, but theres onle one ive seen and it doesnr even work for me :(

Marine
11-01-2005, 08:28 PM
http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/?id=917#

TENNIS / ARNAUD CLEMENT :
« C’était jouissif »
01 novembre 2005 - à Bercy - Eric CAMACHO
Arrivé à la fin d’une année éprouvante, Arnaud Clément apprécie à sa juste valeur cette victoire difficile contre Nikolas Kiefer (6-3, 1-6, 7-6). Une preuve de plus qu’il retrouve peu à peu ses meilleures sensations et un plaisir qui l’a longtemps fui.

Arnaud, cette victoire doit vous faire énormément plaisir…
C’est clair. C’était vraiment top. J’ai eu pas mal de matchs dernièrement où le public me soutenait et ces matchs, je les ai perdus à l’arrachée. Là, c’était l’inverse donc j’en profite. C’est bon aussi d’avoir cet échange-là. Partager la victoire avec le public, c’était encore plus jouissif.

C’est une victoire que vous êtes allé chercher très loin…
J’étais extrêmement déterminé. Je n’avais vraiment pas envie de perdre trois fois contre lui, surtout dans des épreuves comme cela (Ndlr : Kiefer avait remporté leurs deux duels cette année à Roland-Garros et l’US Open). Je me suis arraché du début à la fin. Ça aurait pu encore une fois tourner de son côté. Ça m’a sourit aujourd’hui.

Que représente cette victoire sur Nicolas Kiefer ? Une revanche ?
C’est plus le fait d’avoir perdu deux fois contre lui en Grand Chelem qui me dérangeait. Je me suis dit qu’en cas de défaite, cela aurait été un gros coup au moral et ça lui aurait donné un énorme avantage psychologique pour nos prochains affrontements. Réussir à renverser la tendance, c’est très bon pour moi.

Deux heures et quarante-deux minutes de jeu… Vous avez laissé beaucoup de forces avant d’affronter Tommy Robredo…
Oui, c’était dur physiquement. Mais là, je n’ai mal nulle part. C’est déjà positif. J’ai bien sûr laissé des forces dans la bataille mais j’aurai une bonne nuit de sommeil et ça ira. Je peux mettre toutes mes forces dans mon prochain match, je sais que c’est mon dernier tournoi et qu’après je serai en vacances. Cela me donne la force pour continuer.

« J’ai déjà eu mon déclic »

Vous avez beaucoup galéré. Vous êtes 74eme joueur mondial. Quand vous arrivez sur le terrain, on sent une réelle attente de retrouver le vrai Arnaud Clément…
Depuis quelques mois, je me sens bien sur le terrain. J’ai de bonnes sensations, j’ai envie, je prends du plaisir. C’est vrai que j’ai eu une année difficile. Sur le terrain, j’étais souvent très crispé. Même si, ces dernier temps, ce n’était pas fantastique, je ne me sens pas très loin d’un très bon niveau. Ces matchs-là sont importants à gagner.

Ce match peut-il vous servir de déclic ?
Mon déclic a déjà eu lieu. Je l’ai eu pendant la tournée américaine. Aujourd’hui, je prends simplement du plaisir sur le terrain et je crois que ça se voit. C’est le plus important. J’ai gagné beaucoup de matchs de qualifications cette année et ça pèse dans les jambes.

A quel type de match vous attendez-vous contre Tommy Robredo ?
Je m’attends à un combat du fond du court. Je sais qu’il se déplace très bien. Je préfère le joueur en indoor qu’ailleurs. Mais j’ai dit la même chose la semaine dernière à Lyon contre Gaudio et j’ai perdu. Il faudra que j’ai bien récupéré physiquement. En tout cas, je suis confiant. Je suis très excité de pouvoir continuer mon parcours.

Les nombreuses absences dans ce tournoi ne vous donnent-elles pas une petite idée ?
Je vais vous étonner mais pas du tout. Aujourd’hui je suis l’un des moins bien classés dans ce tableau. Je joue Tommy Robredo qui fait partie des quinze meilleurs joueurs du monde et je sais que ce sera très dur. On verra bien. Je suis au deuxième tour. Il faut confirmer et enchaîner. Il n’y aura pas un match facile à gagner même s’il manque les cinq meilleurs joueurs du monde.

Marine
11-01-2005, 08:39 PM
The match point here => http://le1920.france3.fr/ go directly to 23min 10

(edition du mardi 1 novembre)

Marine
11-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Before his match vs Robredo.

Vous dites avoir ressenti un déclic l'été dernier, pouvez-vous en dire plus ?
- C'est au tournoi de Washington où j'ai passé 2 tours très accrochés en jouant plutôt mal, tout s'est enchaîné. Depuis je me sens plus serein, je gère mieux les moments difficiles. Et depuis que je suis rentré de l'us open, j'ai fait 2 challengers en France (Orleans et Grenoble) et les tournois de Metz, Lyon et Bercy pour cloturer l'année. Nous (les Français) avons une chance fantastique ! Nous pouvons être fatigués, mais quand nous sommes devant notre public, nous nous sentons soutenus, poussés, et c'est un atout énorme par rapport aux autres joueurs.

-> That's why there are any French in 1/4 ??!! :rolleyes:

Well, Arnaud will go to Guadeloupe in Holiday the next week, then will prepare the new season in Aix in december.

Vivement the next year. I'll miss tennis a lot during these 2 long months :sad:

chicky841
11-28-2005, 12:01 AM
havent had much of a chance to be on a comp for awhile, thnx for the videos marine.

Via
01-08-2006, 03:12 AM
i have a very small video of arnaud playing yesterday at sydney international. don't ask me why it's so small!!!

download arnaud video (needs real player, i think) (http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/temp/arnaud_video.3gp)

chicky841
01-11-2006, 03:57 PM
any video of arnaud is a good video.

Via
04-04-2006, 12:03 AM
i feel that i should post the tenniszoom link again here for the benefit of arnaud fans!

http://www.tenniszoom.com/interview/clement_CDpau2006.html

- interview at Pau

-isabel-
04-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi girls) Don't you have the Lacoste ad - video with Arnaud? I was hoping to find it in Lacoste.com..but it isn't there...

Marine
04-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Audio reaction after the draw
http://www.fft.fr/cd2006/France-Russie/?id=1513#

In short he knows the team is weaker without Seb but he's ready, even if it will be tough. (Okay, it's very short...lol sorry)

Marine
04-13-2006, 09:48 PM
30th birthday tennis magazine:

30 years !
And still not the big interview of Micka Llodra !
Happy bbday though, tennis mag !!

:lol:

I suppose Micka is disapointed because he's never been interviewed.

Via
04-13-2006, 11:52 PM
30th birthday tennis magazine:

30 years !
And still not the big interview of Micka Llodra !
Happy bbday though, tennis mag !!

I suppose Micka is disapointed because he's never been interviewed.

and what has that to do with arnaud ??????? what's his business :scratch:

Marine
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
and what has that to do with arnaud ??????? what's his business :scratch:

Arnaud had the "honor" to make the interview several times, not Micka, I guess Arnaud likes joking about that. ;)

Via
04-15-2006, 01:34 PM
he must be teasing at both the tennis mag, and mika.

:kiss: love him :kiss:

(sorry it's getting late and i'm not used to surfing at night ;) i'm a little silly)

chicky841
04-15-2006, 04:36 PM
aww thats so cute...

Truc
05-28-2006, 08:17 AM
I guess most of you already know it, but I couldn't find any mention of it by reading the posts of the last few days.
There was a long article about Arnaud in "Tennis Week" this week:Biofile: The Arnaud Clement Interview
Arnaud Clement By Scoop Malinowski - 05/23/2006

Athletics have long been a family tradition for Arnaud Clement's clan. Clement grew up playing tennis with his older brother, Bruno, and their father Henri was a lifelong soccer player in France. So it was hardly surprising that Henri Clement was eager to celebrate his son's first career ATP title at Lyon in 2000 though the manner in which he chose to celebrate was memorable: he gave Arnaud some lip.

When Clement claimed his first career championship by beating Andre Agassi in the semifinals before edging Patrick Rafter, 7-6(2), 7-6(5), in the final, his father celebrated by shaving off his mustache. The celebratory shave came just three months after Arnaud sprouted into Grand Slam success in scoring victories over Gaston Gaudio, Agassi, Hicham Arazi and Andrei Pavel before bowing to Lleyton Hewitt in the 2000 U.S. Open quarterfinals.

In his next major appearance, a spirited Clement fought back from a two-set deficit and saved two match points in scoring a 5-7, 2-6, 7-6(4), 7-5, 6-2, victory over close friend Sebastien Grosjean (the pair partnered to win the 2004 Indian Wells doubles title) to become the first Frenchman since Jean Borotra in 1928 to reach the Australian Open final before bowing to Agassi, 6-4, 6-2, 6-2.

Currently ranked No. 56, Clement defeated second-ranked Rafael Nadal in the Marseille semifinals, 2-6, 6-3, 7-5, in February and remains one of only three men to beat the Spanish sensation this season. The 28-year-old native of Aix-en-Provence, France followed that win with a 6-4, 6-2, triumph over sixth-seeded Mario Ancic in the final to capture his first ATP tournament title in three years. Clement did not drop serve in dispatching Ancic to claim his first tournament title since he won the Metz championship in 2003.

"I knew I had my chances, but with the strength of the draw here this year, if someone told me I would win this tournament this week, I wouldn’t really have believed them," Clement said immediately after his title triumph. "It’s an amazing feeling to win here in front of my family and friends."

It was the third tournament title of Clement's career and all three have come on French soil. He won his first tournament at Lyon in 2000. The 2001 Australian Open finalist capped a tremendous week of tennis that saw him conquer compatriot Richard Gasquet, Spain's Fernando Verdasco, Fabrice Santoro and the second-ranked Nadal before beating Ancic, who had crushed Clement, 6-0, 6-2, in Adelaide in January.

With his ever-present sunglasses shield, Arnaud Clement looks a little bit like the tennis Terminator, but with a sharp sense of humor he is hardly an intimidating presence off the court. Tennis Week contributing writer Scoop Malinowski caught up with Clement for this Biofile interview.

Status: Clement has won two career ATP singles titles: the 2000 Lyon and the February 2006 in Marseille. Clement owns career wins over Andre Agassi, Carlos Moya, Gaston Gaudio, Yevgeny Kafelnikov, Roger Federer, Greg Rusedski, Sebastien Grosjean, Thomas Johansson, Rainer Schuettler and Albert Costa.

Height: 5-foot-8. Weight: 150 pounds.

Born On: December 17, 1977 in Aix-en-Provence, France.

Childhood Heroes: "Duncan McLeod — movie hero from the film Highlander. (Any tennis heroes?) The young French guys [smiles], I didn't watch tennis on TV when I was younger."

Hobbies/Interests: "Golf. Play golf every day off I have. Every afternoon I have I'm trying to play golf. Racquetball."

Favorite Movie: "Le Fabuleux Destin d' Amelie Poulain — a French movie from three years ago."

Musical Tastes: "I like the French music. I like Celine Dion, a lot of the young singers in France — Alizee."

Early Tennis Memory: "When I qualified for the first time for the French championships in junior. In Provence. I always lost in quarters. And you have to be in semis if you want to go to Roland Garros to play the French championships. I never qualified for the French, I come from a very small community. So in my last chance to be able to qualify for the French championships, I did when I made the semifinal (age 17). Just for the first time I had the chance to be able to play against the best young guys in my age group."

Favorite Meal: "Lebanese food."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "I don't really like ice cream."

Pre-Match Feeling: "Before the match I'm just trying to think of the big points of my opponent, like if he has a big forehand, I try to imagine it happening during the match — a big forehand. If he has a big serve, I'm trying to imagine that. I don't want to be surprised about it during the match. I'm trying to imagine it before."

First Job: "I went to school till I was 17-years-old. Only played tennis. Tennis was my first job."

First Car: "Gray Ford Puma."

Funny Tennis Memory: "Semifinal in the 2000 Australian Open doubles. I was playing with Julien Boutter against Llodra and Santoro. During the point, Michael (Llodra) hit a forehand right at me. I was at the net. And right then, a bird flew into the ball. And the ball go right at and killed the bird. Unbelievable situation. The bird died...so is that funny [smiles]."

Greatest Sports Moment: "Was quarterfinal in Australia, playing against Kafelnikov (2001). Really tough match. I didn't think I can win this match because I really felt (leg) injury during the match. And it was so close. All of the sudden, I won the match in four sets (6-4, 5-7, 7-6, 7-6). For me it was unbelievable...my first qualification for a Grand Slam semifinal. In one sense it was a little bit big. It wasn't something I enjoyed so much. Semifinals was tough to play against (Grosjean). It wasn't a very good match. He leads two sets to love, match points on his serve. It was tough to be very happy with the match. The final was a memory to remember also...my first and my only [laughs]...Grand Slam final (lost to Agassi in three sets). So it's between the quarterfinal and the final as the greatest moment. But not the semis, for sure."

Most Painful Moment: "Was something very tough, France was in the Davis Cup final two years in a row, in 2001 and 2002. And I played lots of matches all throughout the year 2001, 2002. I missed the two finals of Davis Cup, it was tough to miss. I know we are not going to play finals of Davis Cup every year. And maybe I might not have any more chances to play in one. So to miss those two was a very painful, a very big disappointment."

Closest Tennis Friends: "How many can I give you?! (Two or three)...Sebastien Grosjean, Arnaud DiPasquale."

Funniest Player(s): "Michael Llodra. Sometimes he can be really crazy, and also friendly, so that's why."

Toughest Competitor: "Federer. Nadal. Lleyton Hewitt — definitely when he's on, really tough for me to play against him. He beat me three times in three matches. But I think I can beat him. But I think, for everybody — not only for me — but for all the players, when you play against Lleyton Hewitt, you know it's gonna be stressful, for sure [smiles]."

People Qualities Most Admired: "Fidelity. Really important, you know you can count on somebody. That person — so many things can happen if life, but they'll always be there for you, and never go against you."http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=15346&bannerregion=

Marine
05-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Thank you Truc !
Great interview, even if some stuff are a bit old (especially C.Dion and Alizée...lol)

Via
05-29-2006, 07:08 AM

i have to agree with marine that i could put together most of this interview myself from old stuff... but it's good that we get reminded about arnaud every now and then :)

can someone tell me if it is still possible to like celine dion nowadays ?? lol

Marine
05-29-2006, 08:28 PM
http://roland-garros.france3.fr/reportages-videos/?date=2006/05/29&id_article=9

Great video.So fun, Arnaud singing Joyeux anniversaire to Seb at tv, just after his match, then asked him "seb, how did you play ?? I didn't see you ..." hwihc can be surprising, so funny ! lol
The journalist wondered if they were still as friends etc... they laughed about arnaud 's music tastes (I mean, they made fun... lol), Via the answer is NO, he's nomore fan of Celine Dion, now he loves Jenyfer and Nolwenn, 2 french singers. :lol: (and Arnaud and Seb are Nolwenn's favorite tennismen, she had said it at tv...lol)
At the end they were asked about football, their hope for the new coach of OM etc...and made fun about the cold temperatures in Paris compare to Marseille...

chicky841
06-02-2006, 02:56 AM
Didnt understand a word of what they said, but I loved the video. They are so cute togther. Thank you for posting it. It put a smile on my face :)

Marine
06-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Arnaud singing in playback on the music of "Love Boat"...
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=11t3n88

France 3 makes a retrospective of the RG matches every evening and 2 journalists, Nicolas Vinoy and Emmanuel Roux, make some sketches with the players, that's so funnnnnnnnnn :lol:

The one with Hewitt is the best one ! And other players made jokes like Clisjters, Henin, Federer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNHjAUEbaYA

Nonocoffee
06-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the videa, I love Arnaud on it!
lol

Via
06-07-2006, 12:18 AM
thanks marine :D

parissima
06-09-2006, 07:06 PM
:haha:

I still can't get over that "Un jour à Roland" video... I watched it at noon, and tonight, when i was in the subway, i -for some unknown reason- thought about it and just couldn't stop laughing :p

parissima
06-09-2006, 07:22 PM
http://roland-garros.france3.fr/reportages-videos/?date=2006/05/29&id_article=9

Great video.So fun, Arnaud singing Joyeux anniversaire to Seb at tv, just after his match, then asked him "seb, how did you play ?? I didn't see you ..." hwihc can be surprising, so funny ! lol
The journalist wondered if they were still as friends etc... they laughed about arnaud 's music tastes (I mean, they made fun... lol), Via the answer is NO, he's nomore fan of Celine Dion, now he loves Jenyfer and Nolwenn, 2 french singers. :lol: (and Arnaud and Seb are Nolwenn's favorite tennismen, she had said it at tv...lol)
At the end they were asked about football, their hope for the new coach of OM etc...and made fun about the cold temperatures in Paris compare to Marseille...

Thanks for all these links :worship:
They're so cute these two ^^

( :hug: Arnaud's not ashamed of his musical tastes, that's great ^^)

Marine
06-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Better link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-IgOcR_JCQ&search=un%20jour%20%C3%A0%20roland

Nonocoffee
06-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks, it's better!
Arnaud is ouaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

oLn
06-11-2006, 06:29 PM
enjoyable vid !
the last two vids are really nice... :worship:

Via
06-11-2006, 11:52 PM
:eek: :eek: :haha:

see i've always known that he's up to something else.... a singing career?????? (in english??) lol

thanks marine! (what's that about roger? hmmm)

Nonocoffee
06-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Or an actor, in the love boat! lol

Marine
06-13-2006, 06:51 PM
The Top 10... arnaud is ranked 5th (my top 3 is arnaud hewiit and tatiana).
On WtaForum it seems that Arnaud is the favorite !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bte2iKh83s

Arnaud seems to know the lyrics... :lol:

oLn
06-13-2006, 09:42 PM
tatianas so damn funny !

oLn
08-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Clement snaps Hewitt's hold to reach Washington semi-final by Jim Slater
2 hours, 54 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) - France's Arnaud Clement finally defeated the most frustrating opponent of his career, ousting third seed Lleyton Hewitt here Friday to reach the ATP Washington Classic semi-finals.

Clement ousted the former world number one 7-6 (7/1), 6-4 after losing to the Australian in their seven prior matches, the biggest hex any player held against the 57th-ranked Frenchman.

"It's very special for me," Clement said. "We have similar games but he was always a little bit better than me. Two or three times it was close, but always a little better at the important moments. Today was a little bit different."

Clement, who will face either Russian Marat Safin or South African Wesley Moodie on Saturday for a berth in the final, broke a hex for the second match in a row. Slovakian fifth seed was 3-0 against him before losing Thursday.

"This was the biggest one," Clement said. "I was very frustrated."

Hewitt won only 43 percent of his first serve points while Clement fired 11 aces and recovered from squandering a 4-1 lead in the first set by breaking Hewitt to equalize at 5-5 and then dominating the tie-breaker.

"I sort of gave him a little bit of wind to hang in there," Hewitt said. "Rarely does he beat himself. That's why you have got to step up out there against him."

Other later quarter-finals send British teen Andy Murray against American Mardy Fish and Britain's Tim Henman against Russian seventh seed Dmitry Tursunov.

Hewitt, the 2004 Washington champion, had won 14 of his prior 17 matches including a title at Queen's - his first ATP crown in almost 17 months - and a run to the Wimbledon quarter-finals and fourth round at the French Open.

Clement advanced to his first ATP semi-final since February, when he won a title at Marseille. He had gone 5-9 since then until this week but is on the verge of taking his first ATP singles title outside home soil.

"It's very open. But everyone is going to be difficult," Clement said.

"I can play better. I made a few mistakes. If I play matches like this I'll be happy. But I can play better.

Clement, 28, roared past 12th-ranked Hewitt in the tie-breaker to claim an 80-minute first set, surrendering only a netted backhand volley and finishing off the 25-year-old Aussie with an ace.

"I played a very good tie-breaker, very aggressive," Clement said. "It was great to start like that."

In the second set, Clement broke for a 3-2 lead, denied Hewitt on a break-point chance in the eighth game and held again to win after two hours and eight minutes when Hewitt hit a forehand wide.

Clement denied Hewitt on four break-point chances in both the third and fifth games of the first set and broke in between for a 4-1 edge.

But Hewitt broke the Frenchman's next two service games, grabbing a 5-4 lead when Clement hit a forehand beyond the baseline.

Hewitt served for the set but Clement broke him in five points, the last a forehand winner, and dominated the tie-breaker.

"I lost the momentum I fought so hard to get back," Hewitt said. "If I had gotten the first set under my belt it might have been a diffierent story. I had so many chances in the first set. You've got to take those chances when you get them."

Hewitt, who made a first-match exit last week in Los Angeles, said he struggles more with the transition from grass to hardcourts than from the clay season switchovers and has work to do before the US Open.

"I've got to dictate play more," Hewitt said. "I let him step up on the big points. Against these players that's not going to cut it."

Via
08-06-2006, 12:17 AM
(view the article in entirety here at yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=afp-tennisatpusa&prov=afp&type=lgns))

Arnaud Clement, confident about his chances for a fourth career ATP title, reached the Washington Classic final with a 7-6 (7/5), 7-6 (7/4) victory over former world number one Marat Safin.

The 57th-ranked Frenchman won half the points off Safin's second serve and took advantage the Russian's errors to book a date with Britain's Andy Murray or Russian Dmitry Tursunov in Sunday's final of the 600,000-dollar event.

"It feels very special. It's a fantastic feeling for me," Clement said.

"I just want to play a good match. I have a good chance to win if I play good tennis."

Clement, in his ninth ATP final, has not won a tour title outside his homeland, winning last February at Marseille as well as in 2000 at Lyon and 2003 in Metz.

Safin became the third ATP veteran in a row Clement defeated for the first time in his 10-year career, having ended hexes against Slovakian Dominik Hrbaty and Australian Lleyton Hewitt earlier this week at the US Open warmup.

"To beat Safin makes this very special," Clement said. "I feel great about my game."

Clement lost his only prior match against Safin in 2001 at Wimbledon but has not dropped a set in four matches this week at the US Open warmup event, rallying from a break down in both sets against Safin.

Truc
10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
There was a long article in L'Équipe yesterday about the relationships between player and coach (because Gael, Paulo and Seb all fired their coach lately) and they had a short interview of Arnaud about this question:
« S’adapter à son joueur »

ARNAUD CLÉMENT estime qu’un coach doit savoir faire preuve de souplesse et de psychologie.
MOSCOU – de notre envoyé spécial

« QUEL EST LE RÔLE d’un coach ?

– Il doit savoir échanger avec son joueur, s’adapter à lui, moduler son discours en fonction de la personnalité du joueur. Et c’est ce qui rend le job si difficile. Un coach est bon quand il arrive à savoir ce qui compte vraiment pour son joueur. En fait, c’est un échange permanent. Semaine après semaine, le joueur peut très bien avoir besoin de discours complètement différents. Il peut y avoir dix périodes dans une même année. Et dix périodes qui n’ont souvent rien à voir les unes avec les autres ! Ce qui marche formidablement en janvier-février peut très bien se révéler inefficace en avril-mai. C’est difficile de communiquer avec son joueur : comme on a presque tous des ego très développés, on n’a souvent aucune envie d’admettre ses faiblesses ou de reconnaître qu’on s’est trompé. Or, ça, un coach doit le sentir…

– Pourquoi y a-t-il séparation ?

– Soit parce que c’est la fin d’une aventure humaine commune, en gros qu’on est allé au bout d’un truc (c’est la majorité des cas) ; soit parce que le coach ne correspond plus aux besoins du moment de son joueur. Moi, je crois à l’importance d’un bon timing : non seulement j’ai eu de très bons entraîneurs, mais je les ai eus dans le bon ordre. Trevor Allan m’a donné le goût de l’effort à l’entraînement ; Bernard Fritz m’a fait progresser techniquement, notamment au service et à la volée ; Éric Deblicker m’a appris à gérer la vie sur le circuit ; Philippe Rosant m’a fait prendre la balle plus tôt ; Rémi Barbarin a développé tout mon jeu vers l’avant ; et mon frère Bruno m’a aidé à retrouver un jeu plus performant en me faisant avancer d’un mètre.

– Comment choisit-on son coach ?

– Avant tout parce qu’il vous connaît bien en tant qu’homme et parce qu’il connaît bien le tennis. L’entraîneur est la personne qui passe le plus le temps avec toi sur une année. Ce n’est ni ta copine ni tes potes, c’est lui ! C’est donc primordial de bien se connaître. Cela dit, il y a aussi d’autres critères, comme, par exemple, ses connaissances en matière de préparation physique. La vie sur le circuit, ce n’est pas un problème : ça s’apprend avec le temps. Mais bien gérer humainement son joueur, c’est surtout une question de sensations. »
VINCENT COGNET(I don't have much time to translate it right now, sorry, I can make a summary later if some of you need it.)

Via
10-12-2006, 12:58 AM
google's translation... has to do for now ;)

“To adapt to its player”
ARNAUD CLEMENT estimates that a coach must know to show of flexibility and psychology.

MOSCOW - of our special correspondent
“WHICH IS the ROLE of a coach?
- It must know to exchange with its player, to adapt to him, to modulate its speech according to the personality of the player. And it is what makes the job so difficult. A coach is good when it arrives at knowing what really counts for its player. In fact, it is a permanent exchange. Week after week, the player can need completely different speeches very well. There can be ten periods in the same year. And ten periods which do not have often anything to see the ones with the others! What goes formidably in January-February can appear ineffective very well in April-May. It is difficult to communicate with its player: like one almost of the ego very developed all, one often wants no to admit his weaknesses or to recognize that one was mistaken. However, that, a coach must feel it…

- There is separation Why?
- Either because it is the end of a common human adventure, approximately which one went at the end of a trick (it is the majority of the cases); maybe because the coach does not correspond any more to the needs for the moment of its player. Me, I believe in the importance of a good timing: not only I had very good trainers, but I had them in the good order. Trevor Allan gave me the taste of the effort to the drive; Bernard Fritz made me progress technically, in particular with the service and the flight; Éric Deblicker learned how to me to manage the life on the circuit; Philippe Rosant made me take the ball earlier; Remi Barbarin developed all my play forwards; and my Bruno brother helped me to find a more powerful play by advancing me of one meter.

- How is his coach chosen?
- Above all because he knows you well as a man and because he knows tennis well. The trainer is the person who spends more time with you over one year. It is neither your girlfriend nor your pals, it is him! It is thus of primary importance to know itself well. However, there is also other criteria, like, for example, its knowledge as regards physical preparation. The life on the circuit, it is not a problem: that is learned with time. But to manage its player humanly well, it is especially a question of feelings. ”

bruno helps him grow a metre ??? :eek: :eek: :lol:

Marine
10-13-2006, 05:16 PM
google's translation... has to do for now ;)

bruno helps him grow a metre ??? :eek: :eek: :lol:

Noo :lol:
He helped him to advance on the court...

Via
10-13-2006, 10:38 PM
i know a metre is asking too much... but he needs to grow a few cm's ;)

Marine
10-14-2006, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPHz2i3h1zM

The last minutes of seb/arnaud in Metz, thanks to Gwench. ;)

Seb was asked about the fact to play against a friend...he answered "Arnaud est plus qu'un copain !" "Arnaud is more than a friend". How nice !!

Via
10-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Seb was asked about the fact to play against a friend...he answered "Arnaud est plus qu'un copain !" "Arnaud is more than a friend". How nice !!

yes and i remember in january he said 'friend is a big word' when kiefer :rolleyes: called him a friend after the racquet throwing incident.

it's good to see a guy who values true friendships. and stays away from false friends lol

thanks for the link :hug: and i'll go to watch it.

Via
10-27-2006, 11:16 PM
after winning in lyon against llodra:

"Avant le match, j'étais un peu plus nerveux qu'à mon habitude. Je savais que ce match serait très difficile à gagner. Michael a été très solide pendant deux Set et demi. Ca faisait longtemps que je ne l'avais pas vu jouer, il est beaucoup plus vif, beaucoup plus agressif et plus percutant. De mon côté, j'ai très très peu raté, bien réussi mes passing, j'ai été très consistant.

On a vraiment fait un bon match. Si il continue à jouer comme ça, il reviendra vite dans les 50.

Les matchs contre des français ont moins de saveur quand on les gagne !"

(someone can tell me if he mentioned he was sorry for his bad temper :tape: )

Via
10-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Réaction d'Arnaud Clément après son match face à Almagro

« J'étais bien partout, j'ai fait un minimum de fautes, et un maximum de beaux points. C'est sûr que c'est mieux le tennis comme ça. »
Si tu joues contre Gasquet : « J'aurais la possibilité de le battre si je fais un beau match, si je joue moyennement je perdrai contre Richard qui joue très bien en ce moment. »
Soderling demain en finale : « il est dur à manoeuvré, il a l'air d'être très en forme. Mais ici les conditions de jeu sont rapides et je me sens bien, je peux mieux jouer un meilleur tennis. Je me sens frais en cette fin de saison. Là je joue super bien et je suis en France »
Vous sentez une différence avec le GPTL de 2000 que vous avez remportez : « C'est différent de 2000, dans le sens où j'étais tête de série, c'était logique, je devais battre ces gars-là. »

(all quotes and photos from http://www.gptennislyon.com/ the tournament site)

Marine
10-28-2006, 12:20 PM
after winning in lyon against llodra:

(someone can tell me if he mentioned he was sorry for his bad temper :tape: )

No je didn't !
I don't think Arnaud was sorry about his temper thursday, he didn't feel the crowd against him...

Marine
10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Réaction d'Arnaud Clément après son match face à Almagro

(all quotes and photos from http://www.gptennislyon.com/ the tournament site)

I've never seen him as much sure and proud of his game !

Via
10-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I've never seen him as much sure and proud of his game !

really, that almagro must be easy to play :lol:

no, seriously, his confidence is getting back up, hopefully this will last a few more tournaments...

Marine
10-29-2006, 07:06 PM
http://www.fft.fr/gptl2006/?id=1945

After the final, with Julien B.

They won't change of double team cos they won a title together but if they can play again if micka or mahut can't, they'll do it, they really enjoyed their week, it was fun, and as Arnaud said, they all are good friends among french players that's a chance other nations don't have.

-isabel-
10-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Marine, thank u for the link and for the transcription:)
I know French not so good:)

Hangdog
10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.fft.fr/gptl2006/?id=1945

After the final, with Julien B.
This interview sounds like one long French word, especially the moments where Arnaud speaks - like ouicetaitnvfvdvbehhhhauhihgelehhhhhdjvnyuogehhhhft uhggtfdfs :tape: lol

Marine
10-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Don't be modest Irina, Im' sure you understood ;) lol

Marine
10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Et justement avec Sébastien Grosjean, comment cela se passe-t-il dans la pratique, où vous devez partager le même entraîneur, et notamment quand vous vous rencontrez à Metz ?

A.C. : "Bruno donne un coup de main à Sébastien en ce moment sur les tournois que l'on a en commun, depuis Metz en fait. Mais Bruno reste mon entraîneur en particulier aujourd'hui. Il lui donne un coup de main quand mon frère est disponible, quand il peut le faire parce que ça lui fait plaisir aussi. Ils sont très potes." ;)
Je ne sais pas ce que cela donnera l'année prochaine, on verra. Mais dans la pratique, il n'y a pas de souci : quand on joue l'un contre l'autre, Bruno est pour moi, il n'y a pas de doute dans ma tête, ni dans celle de Sébastien !" ;) no doubt lol

Marine
10-31-2006, 09:32 PM
The last point against Almagro in Lyon
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/mc_vid30396.shtml

Marine
11-01-2006, 07:50 PM
http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/?id=2052

"On peut pas se permettre de leur faire des cadeaux, et aujourd'hui j'en ai beaucoup trop fait, en fait tous les cadeaux je le ai regroupés au même moment et ça fait un gros cadeau..." Arnaud and his sense of the methaphor...

It's not christmas, Arnaud !!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Marine
11-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Highlights against Blake.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wR4slvQcEv8

Via
11-21-2006, 12:03 AM
:worship: this is actually the first time i've watched the commercial in whole

B.B.
12-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Hey people, I had the pleasure of seeing Arnaud Clement play in an exhibition tournament in Belgium this weekend and I must say he seems like a really nice guy, he laughs a lot and seems to get along with everyone. And he's so much better looking in person too.
When he was playing I could best describe him as a compact little ball of energy. It was nice to see him play and I've definitely got a new found appreciation for the guy.
I made a small video of him playing against Xavier Malisse. Here's the youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81unLUD7lVA

Anne-Claire
12-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Thx for the video :)... stadium seems really empty though... :awww:

B.B.
12-06-2006, 03:18 PM
^ yes it was, it hand nothing to do with Arnaud obviously :) , it was just due to the organization, no advertising and very expensive tickets. But he gave it his all even with the small crowd. Thumbs up to him for it. :)

Via
12-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey people, I had the pleasure of seeing Arnaud Clement play in an exhibition tournament in Belgium this weekend and I must say he seems like a really nice guy, he laughs a lot and seems to get along with everyone. And he's so much better looking in person too.
When he was playing I could best describe him as a compact little ball of energy. It was nice to see him play and I've definitely got a new found appreciation for the guy.

i agree with your observations!! :inlove:
though without the pressure of a real match, arnaud should behave somewhat better than usual :lol:

-isabel-
12-16-2006, 05:01 PM

Please! Someone who has it! Can someone post it?? The link doesn't work anymore....

Hangdog
12-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Please! Someone who has it! Can someone post it?? The link doesn't work anymore....

That link works pretty well for me... And oh, I haven't seen that video before, and those moments with Arnaud are really nice and funny. Isabel, I think you must have Real Player to be able to watch it - at least for me, when I click on the link, it opens in a new Real Player window.

I think this (http://www.sport365.fr/tennis/atp/infos/article_142260_-Retrouver-cette-regularite-en-2007-.shtml) interview haven't been posted here. Can't say there is some big news there but anyway...

« Retrouver cette régularité en 2007 »
Sylvain COULLON - lundi 04 décembre 2006 - 11h10

Année faste pour Arnaud Clément. Après deux saisons difficiles, l’Aixois, coaché par son frère Bruno, a retrouvé son meilleur niveau pour empocher deux tournois et renouer avec le Top 40.

Arnaud Clément, la fin de saison en salle vous a particulièrement réussi…
Je suis heureux d’avoir bien joué durant toute le saison indoor. J’ai été très régulier et j’ai acquis beaucoup de confiance. Tout est allé très bien durant cette période. Après mon retour des Etats-Unis, j’ai pris des vacances et j’ai bien enchaîné sur le court. J’ai eu la régularité qu’il m’a manquée dans l’année pour atteindre un très bon classement. Gagner Marseille et Washington a été fantastique pour moi.

Après avoir sombré au classement lors deux dernières années, vous êtes remonté au 42eme rang après Bercy. Vous estimez-vous encore loin de votre meilleur niveau ?
Déjà en fin d’année dernière, j’avais commencé à remonter aux alentours de la 70eme place et j’ai bien confirmé cette année. Je ne pense être très loin de mon meilleur niveau. Par moments, j’ai joué mon meilleur tennis. J’avais atteint le Top 10 en 2001 en enchaînant les résultats sur huit mois. J’espère retrouver cette régularité la saison prochaine pour atteindre un classement meilleur. Ce sera mon objectif pour 2007 même si c’est peut-être un poil plus dur aujourd’hui. C’est physiquement fatigant et je récupère moins bien qu’il y a cinq ans. Mais je reste extrêmement motivé.

Comment se passe le partage de votre coach (Bruno Clément, son frère) avec Sébastien Grosjean ?
Dans la pratique, Bruno a donné un coup de main à Sébastien sur les tournois qu’on a joué en commun. Mais c’est clair que Bruno reste mon entraîneur. Il n’y a pas de doute dans ma tête, ni dans celle de Sébastien.

« Je n’ai pas rencontré un joueur favorable aux tournois par poules »

Y a-t-il un ras-le-bol chez les joueurs concernant les cadences qui ont, par exemple, privé Bercy des trois meilleurs joueurs du monde ?
Ce que je trouve hallucinant, comme beaucoup de joueurs, c’est qu’on puisse faire des finales en cinq sets gagnants à la veille des Masters Series. Si Roger Federer gagne à Bâle en deux sets, il est peut-être à Bercy. Avant de faire des grandes réformes de fond, il y a des choses très simples à régler.

Les joueurs n’ont pas de poids sur ces questions ?
Je ne sais pas si c’est la masse ou les grands joueurs qui ont du poids. L’année prochaine, des tournois par poules vont avoir lieu sans qu’on nous pose la question. Ce système sera en place dès janvier à Adélaïde et je n’ai pas rencontré un joueur favorable. Il doit y en avoir mais je ne les connais pas et je ne sais pas à qui m’adresser.

Ces mots ressemblent à un coup de gueule…
Oui, je suis assez en colère par rapport à ça. Personnellement je suis complètement contre, parce que je trouve ça mauvais. Je ne vois pas en quoi cela va nous aider. Chacun peut avoir son point de vue mais qu’on nous pose la question. Il n’y a pas que les intérêts financiers qui comptent. Le tennis a un esprit qu’il faut respecter.

Vous étiez également opposé à l’instauration du système vidéo. Votre avis a-t-il évolué avec l’usage ?
Non, mon avis n’a pas évolué car le règlement doit être le même pour tous les joueurs sur un même tournoi, que l’on joue sur le Central ou sur le n°12.

"Très régulier", "la régularité"... :rolleyes: Pardon?.. Well, at least he's going to become more regular and more stable and keeps himself being extremely motivated even though it's not that easy for him to recover as fast as he could it 5 years ago (Via, seems your guess about aging bones was not so far from reality...http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9721/pomnilj5.gif) Quite a good objective for the season anyway.

As for the second part of the interview, I think there're two key and very well said phrases there:
"Je n’ai pas rencontré un joueur favorable aux tournois par poules."
"Le tennis a un esprit qu’il faut respecter."
Do agree with the last one!

-isabel-
12-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Hangdog, thank u!! :D I forgot about it..)

Via
12-17-2006, 08:14 PM
i badly need translation :sad:

Hangdog
12-18-2006, 07:55 PM
i badly need translation :sad:
There is some sort of translation if it rises your mood. Not sure how much it distorts the original version though... :rolleyes: Anyway this article gives even more sense after proper reading.

Arnaud Clement, you’ve especially succeeded in the end of indoors season…
I’m glad that I’ve been playing well during all the indoors season. I’ve been very regular and have acquired much confidence. Everything was alright during this period. After my return from the US I took a holiday break and did some well job on a court. I've got the regularity - which I was lacking during the year - to attend a higher ranking. It was fantastic for me to win Marseille and Washington.

After a continuous two-years drop you’ve risen up and finished it on the 42nd position after Bercy. Do you still find yourself being far from your best level?
I’ve started my come back in the end of the last year already. Then I finished around 70th and I’ve confirmed my positions this year. I don’t think I’m so far for my best level. From time to time I show my best tennis. I’ve reached Top10 in the end of 2001 and it was a consequence of my results of 8 previous months. I hope to get this regularity back in the next season to reach a higher ranking. And this will be my objective for 2007 even if today it doesn’t seem easy at all. It’s going to be physically hard, now I recover not that well as I did it 5 years ago. But anyway I keep myself extremely motivated.

How do you share your coach and brother with Sebastien Grosjean?
On the practice, Bruno gave Sebastien a hand of help on the tournaments we played together. But it is clear that Bruno remains mine coach. There is no doubt neither in my head nor in Sebastien’s.

Aren’t you tired of the players who refer to their level and who, for example, let Bercy down and left it without three best players of the world?
The thing I find mind-blowing is that there are so many players who have to play five-set finals on the eve of Masters Series. If Roger Federer won Basel in 2 sets he would probably play in Bercy. They’d better think about regulating very simple things before making their great fundamental reforms.

Players can’t affect on these questions?
I don’t know if there are masses or the great players who have some weight there. Next year they organize RR tournaments without asking us a question. The system takes its first place in Adelaide in January and I haven’t met a player who would be positive for it. They should be somewhere but I don’t know them and I don’t know who address me to.

These words look like a curse…
Yes, I’m rather angry with all of it. Personally, I’m totally against this system because I find it pathetic. I don’t see how it’s going to help us. Everyone can have his or her own point of view but they should ask our opinion. And they have no other interests except financial ones. Tennis has a spirit which everyone must respect.

You were also against those new innovations of video system. Have you changed your opinion since it was involved in usage?
No, my opinion hasn’t been changed because I still suppose the conditions must be the same for all the players of the same tournament wherever they play, on the central court or on a court number 12.

Via
12-18-2006, 08:34 PM
There is some sort of translation if it rises your mood. Not sure how much it distorts the original version though... :rolleyes: Anyway this article gives even more sense after proper reading.

:lol: it has definitely improved my mood :worship: thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it amuses me to hear him reiterate the same arguments against RR again... gee he's worse than me in his stubbornness. but of course i'm on his side and by coincidence only, not that i knew beforehand where he stood in this matter ;)

irina i don't think you are 29 yet and you don't know much about aging bones!!! :p

ps. i've posted part of the interview at this general forum thread about RR (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=4567240#post4567240)

Hangdog
12-19-2006, 07:50 PM
:lol: it has definitely improved my mood :worship: thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it amuses me to hear him reiterate the same arguments against RR again... gee he's worse than me in his stubbornness.

Yes, seems he is one of those who’re totally against RR, and what a cruel fate that he’s to be between guinea-pigs in a first trial run of the new format there in Adelaide. Thanks a lot for the link of that general messages thread, I’m going to read it another day because I haven’t properly understood yet all those RR features and no one can normally explain it to me.

But the thing I’m impressed by even more is that Bruno seems to find some magical recipe of motivation - and now Arnaud and Seb both are seriously aiming back to the Top10 :eek:
irina i don't think you are 29 yet and you don't know much about aging bones!!! :p
Sounds like it doesn’t worse living that long.. lol

Via
12-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Yes, seems he is one of those who’re totally against RR, and what a cruel fate that he’s to be between guinea-pigs in a first trial run of the new format there in Adelaide.
not only that, but arnaud should actually be seeded and hence protected by the new system from a pre-knockout round and from a first match loss. in other words with the field in adelaide, this reluctant guinea pig stands to gain from the new system that he so much deplores :rolleyes:
but i suppose he's a man of principle!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for the link of that general messages thread, I’m going to read it another day because I haven’t properly understood yet all those RR features and no one can normally explain it to me.
ahhhh i've been reading and talking so much about it, i get to know a bit. throw me a question any time :)

But the thing I’m impressed by even more is that Bruno seems to find some magical recipe of motivation - and now Arnaud and Seb both are seriously aiming back to the Top10 :eek:
where did they say that, top 10?????:eek: :eek:

Sounds like it doesn’t worse living that long.. lol :haha: no.... ask any oldie, the older you get the more you hang on to dear life

ps. i realise that i own the 'last post' to the last 10 threads of arnaud's forum. am i talking too much? lol i'd better exercise some restraint :tape:

Hangdog
12-22-2006, 07:14 PM
not only that, but arnaud should actually be seeded and hence protected by the new system from a pre-knockout round and from a first match loss. in other words with the field in adelaide, this reluctant guinea pig stands to gain from the new system that he so much deplores :rolleyes:
Oh, indeed! I haven’t thought about a gain, but then it’s getting even more weird.

where did they say that, top 10?????:eek: :eek:
Alright, maybe I’m not really correct with the “Top 10” expression, but for me it sounds like that if cut all the diplomacy off from their recent interviews. Well, Seb lets it know more clearly, but I don’t think Arnaud was keeping in his mind Top 30 only telling he is going to be as regular as he was in 2001. Anyway they both sound quite similar, and indeed, they were lacking regularity as much as almost no one else in the upper half of Top 100...

Seb: "I know what I want. The objective for the next year is to get back into Top 15 – Top 10. I do find it possible to return to the Top 10. There are 4-5 players who have broken far away but other places are not as firmly reserved as it was some years ago. Today, if you have regularity you’re able to become a part of ten best players of the world."
Arnaud: "I’ve reached Top 10 in the end of 2001 and it was a consequence of my results of 8 previous months. I hope to get this regularity back in the next season to reach a higher ranking. And this will be my objective for 2007 even if today it doesn’t seem easy at all."

ps. i realise that i own the 'last post' to the last 10 threads of arnaud's forum. am i talking too much? lol i'd better exercise some restraint :tape:
The only thing you should exercise is being careful with some expressions. Because, for instance, after your “throw me a question any time” you’re supposed to receive an endless list of stupid questions from me.

Via
12-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Alright, maybe I’m not really correct with the “Top 10” expression, but for me it sounds like that if cut all the diplomacy off from their recent interviews. Well, Seb lets it know more clearly, but I don’t think Arnaud was keeping in his mind Top 30 only telling he is going to be as regular as he was in 2001. Anyway they both sound quite similar, and indeed, they were lacking regularity as much as almost no one else in the upper half of Top 100...

Seb: "I know what I want. The objective for the next year is to get back into Top 15 – Top 10. I do find it possible to return to the Top 10. There are 4-5 players who have broken far away but other places are not as firmly reserved as it was some years ago. Today, if you have regularity you’re able to become a part of ten best players of the world."
Arnaud: "I’ve reached Top 10 in the end of 2001 and it was a consequence of my results of 8 previous months. I hope to get this regularity back in the next season to reach a higher ranking. And this will be my objective for 2007 even if today it doesn’t seem easy at all."

seb's right, you just need to see how quickly the prospects of the last TMC qualifiers had shifted when they tried to qualify for shanghai 06. baghdatis was like #7 after winning beijing but he fell out of top 10 in the end. james blake just managed to squeeze in last minute, and then he's good enough to get to the final. so one can argue that it's a pretty open field inside the top 10, and getting regular wins is one way to get there.

but on the other hand i think it also signifies that there's fierce competition at that level. only seb and arnaud know why they haven't been able to play consistently this year. if there's some reason which they can change relatively easily, then of course, why not.... we were always wondering why arnaud played badly after playing so brilliantly in one tournament, didn't we ??? maybe he knows why and he knows what to do about it, and i wish him, and seb, best of luck in 2007!

The only thing you should exercise is being careful with some expressions. Because, for instance, after your “throw me a question any time” you’re supposed to receive an endless list of stupid questions from me.
:haha::haha:
i'm not worried... i don't think i've seen one stupid question from you, ever ;)
i'm the one who asks stupid questions ;) ;)

Marine
01-04-2007, 03:25 PM
L'Equipe, before his loss...

delsa
01-04-2007, 04:25 PM
:lol: Important precision! ;)

Hangdog
01-16-2007, 03:10 AM
There is a pre-match interview with Arnaud on Eurosport: http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-d-australie/2007/sport_sto1055687.shtml

Parts which offer something new:
ARNAUD CLEMENT, comment vous sentez-vous ?

A.C. : Bien, je suis plutôt en forme. Mon tennis revient bien après une ou deux semaines de mise en route un peu difficile. Je commence à me sentir beaucoup mieux. Je suis donc très content d'aborder l'Open d'Australie dans ces conditions.

Avez-vous pris du plaisir en ce début de saison ?

A.C. : Oui et non. J'aurais pu en prendre un peu plus mais je savais que ça n'allait pas être facile au cours des premières semaines en raison du retard pris au cours de ma préparation.

Donnez-nous votre sentiment sur Xavier Malisse, votre adversaire au premier tour de l'Open d'Australie ?

A.C. : Il m'a déjà battu trois ou quatre fois. J'ai par contre remporté notre dernière confrontation il y a trois ou quatre mois. Je sais donc que je peux le battre si je joue bien mais je m'attends à un match très dur d'autant plus qu'il est en forme en ce début d'année avec une victoire au tournoi de Chennaï et notamment un succès contre Nadal. Ca sera physique puisque l'on joue tous les deux du fond de court. Ce sera donc pour moi un bon test afin de savoir si je suis prêt.

Appréhendez-vous la chaleur qui règne ici sur Melbourne ?

A.C. : Non, pas vraiment. Ici, à Melbourne, il fait chaud mais également très sec. On se déshydrate donc moins que dans d'autres pays un peu plus frais mais plus humides.

Que peut-on vous souhaiter pour cette année ?

A.C. : De prendre du plaisir !

Well, in general he seems to be quite positive about everything (fortunately he wasn't asked about RR again lol), good luck him today if he happens to play despite all those delays.

By the way, arnaudclement.com is a sort of brought back online and there is another pre-match interview which I even won't try to understand lol And IMHO that "Arnaud iPod" looks odd :rolleyes:

Via
02-08-2007, 09:19 PM
davis cup prep interview, 08 feb 2007, arnaud has been selected for playing doubles with mika.
http://www.fft.fr/coupe-davis/2007/France-Roumanie/

Jeudi 8 février 2007
Arnaud CLEMENT : « Beaucoup de motivation »
- « ARNAUD, vous allez évoluer avec Michaël Llodra pour la sixième fois côte à côte en Coupe Davis…
- Pour l’instant, ça marche bien pour nous. Même si on ne joue pas forcément très souvent ensemble pour différentes raisons – on a eu chacun des pépins physiques l’an passé et on n’avait pas exactement les mêmes programmes –, on prend beaucoup de plaisir à jouer ensemble. Et encore plus en Coupe Davis. Aujourd’hui, on retrouve nos marques très facilement. On aborde donc cette rencontre avec beaucoup de plaisir, beaucoup de motivation.
- On sait que vous pouvez évoluer en simple. Votre statut de joueur de double vous convient-il ?
- Une équipe, ce sont quatre joueurs. Par le passé, j’ai été titulaire en simple. L’année dernière, j’ai encore évolué en simple en raison des blessures de Sébastien. Cela peut de nouveau nous arriver. Donc, avec « Mika », on s’est préparé pour éventuellement jouer en simple, en cas de blessure ou de « coup de moins bien » de Sébastien ou de Richard, ce que l’on ne souhaite pas, évidemment.
- La Coupe Davis, c’est toujours un moment à part dans la saison ?
- Bien sûr, ce sont les moments les plus importants de la saison. C’est là où la pression est la plus forte. C’est le moment où l’on représente notre équipe, la France. C’est forcément spécial et différent du reste de la saison, où l’on joue pour soi, pour son entraîneur. Là, c’est autre chose, et il est clair que ces rencontres de Coupe Davis figurent en gros dans mon programme. »

google's translation :tape:
Arnaud CLEMENT: “Much of motivation” - “ARNAUD, you will evolve/move with Michaël Llodra for the sixth time coast at coast out of Davis Cut… - For the moment, it goes well for us. Even if one does not play inevitably very often together for various reasons - one had each physical pip the last year and one did not have the same programs exactly -, one takes much pleasure to play together. And even more Davis Crosses from there. Today, one finds our marks very easily. One thus approaches this meeting with much pleasure, much of motivation. - It is known that you can evolve/move into simple. Is your statute of player of double appropriate to you? - A team, they are four players. In the past, I was titular into simple. Last year, I still evolved/moved into simple because of the wounds of Sebastien. That can again arrive to us. Therefore, with “Mika”, one prepared for if required playing into simple, in the event of wound or of “blow of less better” of Sebastien or Richard, which one does not wish, obviously. - Is the Cut Davis, it always a moment with share in the season? - Of course, they are the most important moments of the season. It is where the pressure is strongest. It is the moment when our team is represented, France. It is inevitably special and different from the remainder of the season, where one plays for oneself, for its trainer. There, it is other thing, and it is clear that these meetings of Davis Cut appear approximately in my program. ”

Via
02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
By the way, arnaudclement.com is a sort of brought back online and there is another pre-match interview which I even won't try to understand lol And IMHO that "Arnaud iPod" looks odd :rolleyes:

:lol: it is odd. i can't click on it! when anne-claire mentioned this website and that it's 'podcast', i thought there were some radio programs to download :tape:

anyway it doesn't do me any good cos i won't understand even if i try. but i'm sure his french fans like it ;)

btw if you really want to save the audio files for 'podcasting' in your own time, you should be able to find them in your browser's cache

Hangdog
02-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Thank you for posting this interview and the translation (Google rules lol), Via (I guess I should congratulate you with the title of Baghdatis? ;)). I’ve been a bit surprised to see almost no Davis Cup spirit here… Anyway good luck to les gars and that would be so fine if Arnaud and Micka start their match leading 2-0 in the tie. Though I’m quite worried about Seb.

ARNAUD, you will evolve/move with Michaël Llodra for the sixth time coast at coast out of Davis Cut…
:haha: And I do hope they won’t move out of there lol I’ve decided to test my translator on this phrase too, and e.g. French-German one gives another wonderful version that Arnaud and Micka are going to develop a coastal coast of Davis bowl – for the sixth time already, yeah :tape:
btw if you really want to save the audio files for 'podcasting' in your own time, you should be able to find them in your browser's cacheYes! It is indeed a good trick which is especially great in case of flash videos. When it works…

Via
02-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Thank you for posting this interview and the translation (Google rules lol), Via (I guess I should congratulate you with the title of Baghdatis? ;)).
you have been the only one to notice marcos' trophy ;) never mind, it's my consolation prize :p

I’ve been a bit surprised to see almost no Davis Cup spirit here… Anyway good luck to les gars and that would be so fine if Arnaud and Micka start their match leading 2-0 in the tie. Though I’m quite worried about Seb.
yes it's rather wierd that it's friday morning already in europe, but DC still seems to be a non-event. guess those romanians being ranked outside 100 don't help...

:haha: And I do hope they won’t move out of there lol I’ve decided to test my translator on this phrase too, and e.g. French-German one gives another wonderful version that Arnaud and Micka are going to develop a coastal coast of Davis bowl – for the sixth time already, yeah :tape:
can i just spoil the fun a bit and ask, does it mean 'side by side'? (côte à côte) lol

Yes! It is indeed a good trick which is especially great in case of flash videos. When it works…
;) it does. not that i care to try it too often. i can't save them all.

Hangdog
02-09-2007, 08:52 AM
you have been the only one to notice marcos' trophy ;) never mind, it's my consolation prize :p
Good for you :)
yes it's rather wierd that it's friday morning already in europe, but DC still seems to be a non-event. guess those romanians being ranked outside 100 don't help...
Well, last year those even lower ranked Dutch guys caused some bother to Russian champions, there even were several 5-setters I think. So Romanians can also be even if not dangerous then at least a worth rival. But I believe France do it well against them.
can i just spoil the fun a bit and ask, does it mean 'side by side'? (côte à côte) lol
It is not easy to spoil such fun :p Yes, exactly, it means “side by side” or, as I’d say in this particular case, “hand in hand”.
;) it does. not that i care to try it too often. i can't save them all.
:lol: Yeah. Well, it’s the second day today I’m trying to stole one song from Youtube and I still haven’t succeeded with it, there is something wrong with file’s format. Though I have a couple of other methods to try, hope they’ll work.

Vialator
02-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Davis Cup 2007 - France vs Rumania
Arnaud changes his shirt during his match...
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5175/clejn3.jpg (http://s9.quicksharing.com/v/1479633/DC07_Clement.avi.html)
(6 MB - 1 min - Xvid)
http://s9.quicksharing.com/v/1479633/DC07_Clement.avi.html

:wavey:

Hangdog
02-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Grand merci :worship: What a video!!!! First of all I mean not that T-shirt changing but his face, that spirit, mood and that DC atmosphere..!

Well, France hasn’t been losing a doubles match at DC for ages, not easy to take this defeat now. Hope Sunday will bring more positive emotions to Arnaud.
Allez les Bleus, nous sommes avec vous!

Marine
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks.
Another video, after double.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXghYiiPj7s

Via
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
thanks vialator (... you know, i've always wondered at your name)

i'm thinking why is that players now like to change shirts while they are walking around the court. the normal practice has been more modest... sitting down and change while people are not supposed to be looking (well, let's pretend that)

but of course we mustn't expect anything less from our guy who's made a name for stripping in 2001 :p

higherlaw
03-19-2007, 06:18 PM
:p moving on from the ball kid issue...here's a great video from youtube of arnaud, seb and bruno (i think in the red shirt) playing soccer at IW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEAqKsBvEZo

this user has posted some other good videos!

Hangdog
03-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Nice video, thanks a lot for the link! :yeah: Seb, a football star :rocker2:

Marine
03-24-2007, 10:23 PM
http://www.arnaudclement.com/

Audio itw after his first round.

higherlaw
03-30-2007, 02:12 PM
here's a short video i found (slow day at the office!) from after marseille which gives nice insight into arnaud's and bruno's lives. maybe people have already seen it, but i'll post it here for those who haven't. and he drives a porsche.

http://www.kewego.fr/video/iLyROoaft3k5.html

Marine
03-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Ehhh nice video, I never sew it before thank you higherlaw :worship:

"a la maison, on se fait notre petit chocolat avec nos biscottes et du nutella" bruno :lol:
Which is not possible elsewhere I guess...lol

Et puis..."vive les vaches !" lol

Piti Pingoin
03-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Ouais, c'est vrai qu'elle est excellente cette vidéo! Merci beaucoup!
J'aime bien aussi quand Arnaud est torse nu et qu'il fait son petit saut derrière Trevor Allan!

Anne-Claire
03-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Thx a lot higherlaw :hug: it brings me good memories as the video has been shooting at the hotel in Marseille near the swimming pool and the cow was downstairs, too bad I missed the video shoot :(

Hangdog
04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Higherlaw, thank you so much for spending your priceless time for such activities as tennis videos search and for charing the results with us! There are indeed some great videos on that page :D

Et puis..."vive les vaches !" lol
Yeah :lol:
Odd but I understood almost everything Arnaud said and no word of Bruno's speech :tape:

Marine
04-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Normal, Bruno was more talkative than arnaud in this video. Arnaud said more basic things.

Via
04-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Higherlaw, thank you so much for spending your priceless time for such activities as tennis videos search and for charing the results with us! There are indeed some great videos on that page :D

irina.......:rolls: but i know you don't mean what you seem to be saying! :lol:

higherlaw, great effort for a quiet period... though i have to admit i have little interest in what cars tennis stars drive :p

Hangdog
04-03-2007, 06:50 PM
irina.......:rolls: but i know you don't mean what you seem to be saying! :lol:

:scared: ehh everything is that bad? Then I for sure didn't mean anything of that which may seem to be said...

Via
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
:scared: ehh everything is that bad? Then I for sure didn't mean anything of that which may seem to be said...

don't worry, it's only me ;) i read funny things (or fail to read really funny things) :p

Via
04-07-2007, 12:11 AM
marine had posted this at the davis cup france v russia thread...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1n3va_coupe-davis-arnaud-clement

arnaud now as the 5th guy, being interviewed during paulo's match.

Hangdog
04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Interview from the site of ASEFT, taken before the beginning of the tie.

Il y a quelques jours, Arnaud Clément répondait à nos questions, dans une interview exclusive, accordée au club des Supporters !
A la veille de ce 1/4 de finale de Coupe Davis Russie – France 2007, tant attendu à Moscou, "la Clé" a gentiment accepté notre demande d’interview.

ASEFT : Arnaud, tu as déclaré, il y a quelques semaines dans la presse ( La Montagne ), que si tu devais choisir entre la victoire d'un titre du grand chelem ou la Coupe Davis, tu opterais pour la Victoire en Coupe Davis. Peux-tu nous expliquer pourquoi ?
Arnaud Clément : « Je ne me souviens pas d’avoir dit çà quand même ! En fait, je crois que la Coupe Davis, on ne peut la comparer à rien. Les «émotions qu’on y vit sont tellement différentes et surtout tellement plus fortes de celles du circuit, que chaque rencontre est quasiment un évènement marquant dans nos carrières. Et ce que l’on doit ressentir au moment de remporter le point décisif en final...dur à imaginer... ”

ASEFT : Quelle a été ta première sélection en Coupe Davis ? Quelques souvenirs ?
A.C : « Ma première rencontre, c'était au Brésil à Florianopolis en 2000. J’avais intégré l’équipe, Sébastien s’étant blessé en Australie. On avait perdu 3/0, j’avais fait mon premier match ( sans enjeu ) le dimanche. Mais malgré le résultat, j’étais tellement heureux d’être dans le groupe que j’en garde un bon souvenir. Mon premier match à enjeu, c’était l’année d’après pour le 1er tour contre la Belgique à Gand. Un match ou j’étais tellement tendu que j ai du commencer à respirer au bout d’un set et demi, mais quel bonheur après cette victoire en 5 sets. ”

ASEFT : Depuis 2001, le club des supporters s'est rassemblé en association et vous suit lors de tous vos déplacements. Quel regard portes-tu sur le soutien de la Tribune Bleue ?
A.C : « Je me dis qu’en France on a beaucoup de chance de vous avoir ! Savoir que l’on peut compter sur vous pour nous soutenir n’importe ou dans le monde c est plus qu’un atout. Quand on prépare une rencontre difficile, même à l’étranger, on sait que notre équipe aura ce soutien, ce gros plus que l’autre n’aura sans doute pas. Et puis on sent un vrai groupe quand on vous regarde, malgré votre nombre on sent que vous vous connaissez quasiment tous, une grande famille, et vous arrivez à transmettre çà en plus au reste de la salle. ”

ASEFT : 2001, ce fut la victoire en Australie, inoubliable. Ton meilleur souvenir en Coupe Davis ?
A.C : « Ah 2001!!! Oui bien sûr, mon meilleur souvenir! Je n Etais pourtant pas titulaire, mais on a eu tous les ingrédients pour cette finale. Quel stress sur le banc. Mais quel bonheur de pouvoir vivre çà avec les potes et avec vous tous. ”

ASEFT : Ton meilleur match livré sous le maillot Bleu ?
A.C : « Mon meilleur match ? peut être en 2001 contre Roddick en demi à Roland. Il servait extrêmement bien ce jour-là , et j avais été vraiment solide pour le faire craquer en fin de match. ”

ASEFT : As-tu des petits rituels en Coupe Davis ? Des grigris ? ( La tribune bleue en est remplie )
A.C : « J’ai un bandana qui ne quitte jamais mon sac, je le mets rarement en match mais reste toujours avec moi. ”

ASEFT : Un petit mot aux supporters, avant ce terrible Russie / France que nous attendons tous avec impatience ! ?
A.C : « Nous aussi on l’attend avec impatience ! Merci d’être avec nous comme vous le faites rencontre après rencontre, on sait que vous allez nous soutenir comme des dingues à Moscou. Ca va être dur encore une fois contre cette équipe mais on a vraiment envie de la prendre notre revanche..... Rendez vous làbas. Grosses bises à tous ! ”
A magic bandana! I wonder which one..

higherlaw
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Interview from the site of ASEFT, taken before the beginning of the tie.

A magic bandana! I wonder which one..

great interview:worship: wonder if he knew he wasn't playing when he did it. i never knew about this site.

« J’ai un bandana qui ne quitte jamais mon sac, je le mets rarement en match mais reste toujours avec moi. ” ha! something we all need to try to get him to tell us now.:devil:

higherlaw
04-19-2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=19495

credit for this interview to tennisnews.com

MASTERS SERIES MONTE-CARLO

April 18, 2007

ARNAUD CLEMENT

MONTE-CARLO, MONACO

Q. He seemed in very good shape.

ARNAUD CLEMENT: Sure. He played very well, I thought. I tried to play
the way I thought I had to to beat him

Q. Being aggressive?

ARNAUD CLEMENT: Yes. I thought he was defending very well. I knew
beforehand that he was not going to make any mistakes from the baseline,
but he also defended very well. He made me play many low volleys.

For example, I really needed to play the perfect shot to put him in a
difficult position. I should have served better. Today I made four
double faults. This is not possible at this level. It was not due to the
tension but it was lack of aggressiveness, concentration. This is not
acceptable.

But it was very difficult to win points against him. It's even worse
over on clay than it is hard courts.

Q. Is your goal already the French Open, or are you trying mainly to
practice on clay?

ARNAUD CLEMENT: I am trying to add up many hours on clay. The French
Open is always my main goal, but when I switch to hard courts it's very
easy for me to find my game again because it's a natural game.

On the contrary, on clay it is not my natural game. In order to prepare
for the French Open, I need to get used to a different game: Sliding, et
cetera. It does not come to me natural. I need to play a lot.

higherlaw
04-20-2007, 02:06 PM
video in french. Le Français, lucide, juge le niveau de jeu sur terre battue de son adversaire, Tommy Robredo, bien supérieur au sien.

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaftjbt.html
sometimes it's hard for me to understand him!

and from youtube of arnuad practicing at MC. Thanks to this youtube user!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYIWLhpSF1w

higherlaw
05-29-2007, 09:07 PM
:dance: for everyone to enjoy:

http://www.dailymotion.com/RolandGarros_2007/video/x23zbh_ljubicic-clement

higherlaw
05-30-2007, 05:57 PM
a video about the loss to ljubicic
http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaft6OQ.html

also an interview called 'Roland-Garros: Arnaud Clément cale d'emblée'
http://www.lepoint.fr/content/sports/article?id=185242

i'm the only one who ever posts in this thread!:confused:

aliasthad
05-31-2007, 07:43 PM
i'm the only one who ever posts in this thread!:confused:

Thanks! I read this thread! :wavey:

Kezzi
05-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Me too, I'm very thankful for all those great videos, but I can't really comment, cause I don't understand a word :p
My only comment would be :hearts: :inlove: on all videos :lol:

Truc
06-01-2007, 09:19 PM
"Dip and Co - Day 6" is with Arnaud (on the official website, "Multimedia": http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html )

Via
06-01-2007, 11:24 PM
thanks for posting, i don't have time right now to look at them all, but i'll be back! :)

Marine
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Arghhhhh can somone translate arnaud's interview for me ???? :mad:
It's the first time I don't understand him, why did they translate it in english ? :rolleyes:

Marine
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
ahhh it's better like that: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/console/mflash.html?targetLink=/media/video/NEWS.01062007_FR_480x360_400kbps.flv&lang=fr_FR&localisIE=true ;)

Piti Pingoin
06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Pour ceux qui comprennent le français, je vous conseille une interview personnelle et exclusive d'Arnaud qui est très marrante (au sommaire : sa vie amoureuse, la joueuse qu'il préfère physiquement, son hygiène de vie...).
Pour visionner cette petite merveille, vous pouvez vous rendre sur mon blog http://arnaudclement.overblog.net (elle se trouve sur la page d'accueil en 2eme article).
Bon visionnage!

Anne-Claire
06-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the video :) It's normal that he prefers the star academy, he even invited Nolwenn Leroy to RG last saturday :haha: Sacré Arnaud, a quand celine dion, Alizée et lorie lol :)

Marine
06-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Ah oui ? Il l'a connait ? lol Nolwenn aussi l'aime bien je crois...
Clemence (Koh Lanta ?) seems to have charmed him anyway...

I'll translate later, unless someone can do it before... ?

Anne-Claire
06-06-2007, 05:25 PM
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7374/dsc5208ii7.jpg

higherlaw
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Pour ceux qui comprennent le français, je vous conseille une interview personnelle et exclusive d'Arnaud qui est très marrante (au sommaire : sa vie amoureuse, la joueuse qu'il préfère physiquement, son hygiène de vie...).
Pour visionner cette petite merveille, vous pouvez vous rendre sur mon blog http://arnaudclement.overblog.net (elle se trouve sur la page d'accueil en 2eme article).
Bon visionnage!

thanks. Pour ceux qui comprennent le français...lol...i cannot understand that girl doing the interviewing at all!

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7374/dsc5208ii7.jpg

whoa! :worship: great pic! something gone on between them?? hmm, i wouldn't have pegged her for his type:devil:

Marine
06-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Merci Anne Claire.
What was the match ? Nolwenn seems to be bored on the pic...lol

Anne-Claire
06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Patience/Djokovic!! (all the frenchies were there)

Yes she was bored, except at the end when the plublic made the "ola"... she was happy to do it :haha: No, nothing between them!! But Arnaud seemed pretty close to the brunette that was sitting next to him... a good friend surely :)

higherlaw
06-15-2007, 08:57 PM
arnaud speaks english quite well...just a few seconds here!
http://www.artoischampionships.com/1/news/audio_transcripts.asp

Marine
06-15-2007, 10:54 PM
That's funny, I don't recognize his voice...

Kezzi
06-18-2007, 09:28 PM
That's funny, I don't recognize his voice...
I also think he sounds a little different :)
Maybe he got Bruno to take his place :lol:

higherlaw
08-16-2007, 02:17 PM
:bounce: here's video of the racquet and shirt throwing from the wimbledon final (this was not shown on u.s. tv):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KGctC7IKf-Q&mode=related&search=

Marine
08-16-2007, 03:02 PM
ohh thank you !!! I've never seen the ceremony, that's so funny !!!
especially when micka comes to ask bruno's shirt :lol: funny to see his wife doesn't seem that surprised by her husband's craziness lol
I like the way how arnaud pushes away from micka while they're posing for the pictures... lol
I just regret there was no speech this time...

Via
08-16-2007, 10:31 PM
wow thank you! :worship: one of the best moments in his career, now on video. i'll find out if i can save it later......

i'm glad that bruno had a jacket on afterwards so that he won't look so silly because of mika :tape: apart from that, it's all pretty much as i imagined!

Kezzi
08-18-2007, 04:41 PM
:bounce: here's video of the racquet and shirt throwing from the wimbledon final (this was not shown on u.s. tv):

THANK YOU!
You're the best! :worship:

Kezzi
08-18-2007, 04:44 PM
wow thank you! :worship: one of the best moments in his career, now on video. i'll find out if i can save it later......

i'm glad that bruno had a jacket on afterwards so that he won't look so silly because of mika :tape: apart from that, it's all pretty much as i imagined!
If you do, can you tell me how to save it?
I would love to have it on my computer :D

It was a nice jacket ;)
I'm glad I finally saw Bruno donating his shirt to Mika on video :hearts:

kukka
08-18-2007, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the link! :D It's nice to finally see that ending. ;)

Elina

Hangdog
08-18-2007, 07:06 PM
A brilliant find, Higherlaw!!! :hug: Thank you so much and also a special thanks to one who put it online :worship:

I've especially liked the beginning, their reaction after the match point. That's an amazing moment. And sure the rest is absolutely wonderful as well :D
If you do, can you tell me how to save it?
I would love to have it on my computer :D

It was a nice jacket ;)
I'm glad I finally saw Bruno donating his shirt to Mika on video :hearts:
Bruno is so funny in his calmness! I guess he's got enough time to get used to Micka's features.

Oh yes, this video does deserve to be saved. Normally there are two the most simple ways. If you have Mozilla you can install a special video downloading Add-on and then you can save the video in two clicks. Otherwise you can go to you IE browser cache (e.g. Service->Properties->General->Temporary Internet Files->Options->See files), find the video there and save it to some other location changing the extension to .flv. Then you can watch it on your computer in any flash video player or convert to other formats.
Just hope it is not too much illegal to steal YouTube videos :tape:

Via
08-19-2007, 12:40 AM
:worship: irina what a tutorial!!!

i'm used to digging up things from cache (never smart enough to have installed such add-ons!) but somehow i'm having trouble playing a file that i think is this video :shrug: flash player 9 just doesn't seem to understand it. but it must be the first time i try saving youtube videos :lol:

anyway while i'm searching around, i've found some short funny videos of arnaud, well, sprinting as described by the poster, at the rogers master cup not too long ago....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=96nLxP-Fow0

hope this link works.... there are 3 more from the same poster

higherlaw
08-19-2007, 04:59 PM
hope this link works.... there are 3 more from the same poster

thanks, this is great :cool: ! this is the same poster who added the video of seb, bruno and arnaud playing soccer a few months ago--seems to be an arnaud fan?!

glad everyone liked the wimbledon video! see what daydreaming at work can do for you :devil: ?

i almost forgot...the tennis channel does a weekly atp recap and last night i saw the very end of their show for this week. there was a vingette about what players throw into the stands after they win a match. they interviewed several players like hewitt and blake, but they also interviewed phm, arnaud and seb! i couldn't record it fast enough and i'm afraid that was the last airing for this week. i'll keep checking and record it if i can i then somehow get it somewhere (youtube?) as it was fun to hear them speaking english and talking about that.

Hangdog
08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
i'm used to digging up things from cache (never smart enough to have installed such add-ons!) but somehow i'm having trouble playing a file that i think is this video :shrug: flash player 9 just doesn't seem to understand it. but it must be the first time i try saving youtube videos :lol:
Sorry to hear that, for me it works fine. I don't have Flash Player now to check it but I can watch it even in Media Player Classic. Maybe you're lacking of some codec which is unlikely though...
anyway while i'm searching around, i've found some short funny videos of arnaud, well, sprinting as described by the poster, at the rogers master cup not too long ago....
Too high start position, wrong legs technics, loses a way too much time on turns :p The rest is alright lol The videos are indeed funny, thanks for sharing!
glad everyone liked the wimbledon video! see what daydreaming at work can do for you :devil: ?
lol :worship:
i almost forgot...the tennis channel does a weekly atp recap and last night i saw the very end of their show for this week. there was a vingette about what players throw into the stands after they win a match. they interviewed several players like hewitt and blake, but they also interviewed phm, arnaud and seb! i couldn't record it fast enough and i'm afraid that was the last airing for this week. i'll keep checking and record it if i can i then somehow get it somewhere (youtube?) as it was fun to hear them speaking english and talking about that.
Oh that'd be so nice if you could record it! What did the Frenchies tell on that topic? I remember Youzhny was telling he never throws into the stands/gives out anything of his stuff because it's not hygienic.

Via
08-20-2007, 11:25 PM
irina, is the flash file about 15 mb?

anyway for now i hope youtube won't be forced to delete it anytime soon... i've posted it on my blog :p

Hangdog
08-21-2007, 07:15 PM
irina, is the flash file about 15 mb?

anyway for now i hope youtube won't be forced to delete it anytime soon... i've posted it on my blog :p
It is. A typical flash file of almost 15 Mb, not sure about the exact name because I've renamed it. Still troubles? :sad:
Long life YouTube lol

Via
08-21-2007, 11:11 PM
ugghh .... thanks for checking for me. i have another standalone player that says there's an error or something in the file, so it can't play.

the thing is, you can't count on files living online forever for you. if it's something that you genuinely want to keep, you have to find ways to save it for yourself. even then it may not be forever... you have a few old trusty vcr tapes? one day they won't sell any new vcr machines, and those old piles of tapes will be useless.

Kezzi
08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
A brilliant find, Higherlaw!!! :hug: Thank you so much and also a special thanks to one who put it online :worship:

I've especially liked the beginning, their reaction after the match point. That's an amazing moment. And sure the rest is absolutely wonderful as well :D

Bruno is so funny in his calmness! I guess he's got enough time to get used to Micka's features.

Oh yes, this video does deserve to be saved. Normally there are two the most simple ways. If you have Mozilla you can install a special video downloading Add-on and then you can save the video in two clicks. Otherwise you can go to you IE browser cache (e.g. Service->Properties->General->Temporary Internet Files->Options->See files), find the video there and save it to some other location changing the extension to .flv. Then you can watch it on your computer in any flash video player or convert to other formats.
Just hope it is not too much illegal to steal YouTube videos :tape:

Thanks for this :worship: I didn't know that I could find files there :p

BTW: I'm back from Marseille and didn't find the cow, the sports palais was closed :( I did see the 63 other ones, except one. She was in repair. It's stupid that people damage those beautiful cows :rolleyes:

Kezzi
08-25-2007, 07:13 PM
How do I change the extension?
I can only copy the file to another location, it never asks me to change the name :confused:

Hangdog
08-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for this :worship: I didn't know that I could find files there :p

BTW: I'm back from Marseille and didn't find the cow, the sports palais was closed :( I did see the 63 other ones, except one. She was in repair. It's stupid that people damage those beautiful cows :rolleyes:
Well, I hope you're at least satisfied with those 63 cows you've seen, aren't you? ;)
Have you visited le château d'If? :angel:
How do I change the extension?
I can only copy the file to another location, it never asks me to change the name :confused:
When you move the file to another location then, for example, you can do a right click on it, go to Properties and change the name there to something like "Wimbledon2007.flv". So the extension will be changed to .flv. Normally if you have a player that reads flash videos the file's icon will be automatically changed as well.
ugghh .... thanks for checking for me. i have another standalone player that says there's an error or something in the file, so it can't play.

the thing is, you can't count on files living online forever for you. if it's something that you genuinely want to keep, you have to find ways to save it for yourself. even then it may not be forever... you have a few old trusty vcr tapes? one day they won't sell any new vcr machines, and those old piles of tapes will be useless.
I've just thought that maybe your file is "unfinished", it sometimes happens with YouTube that it loads a file not up to the very end and then you have such an unfinished file in your cache which won't be played. But you said your file is about 15 MB, too, so I'm not sure this is the case. Otherwise there is something wrong with your players.

And I do see the problem with old VCR tapes because I have at least 20 cassettes with old biathlon races on VCR and I never manage to convert them into a smarter format :tape: :help: Though after one nice bug I lost those digital races files I had had on my computer so it's even a question which way of keeping information is better :rolleyes:

Via
08-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I've just thought that maybe your file is "unfinished", it sometimes happens with YouTube that it loads a file not up to the very end and then you have such an unfinished file in your cache which won't be played. But you said your file is about 15 MB, too, so I'm not sure this is the case. Otherwise there is something wrong with your players.

do you have my email? could you send me your file then, maybe i'll find out if my file is 'unfinished' (i know what you mean) or i simply don't have the right player.

And I do see the problem with old VCR tapes because I have at least 20 cassettes with old biathlon races on VCR and I never manage to convert them into a smarter format :tape: :help: Though after one nice bug I lost those digital races files I had had on my computer so it's even a question which way of keeping information is better :rolleyes:

i do have plenty of cassettes over the years... i still only have the vcr attached to my tv, not a hard drive, so i still record tv programs with it! most of the tapes are not that important, but there must be some that are, and if i can't be bothered to transfer them to other format, yes i'm sure one day i won't be able to find a working vcr to play them :shrug:

digital files are even messier.... to use our current example, when you can't find the software to play them any more, what's the use of keeping all those files in all sorts of (outdated) formats??? it will happen one day, the way they update software all the time.

as for photos..... remember to print all those that matter to you, at least with paper the most they will do is fade. but with photo files, one day you may not be able to display jpegs any more! it's not science fiction, mark my words! ;)

Kezzi
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Well, I hope you're at least satisfied with those 63 cows you've seen, aren't you? ;)
Have you visited le château d'If? :angel:
I'm very satisfied, we've seen almost all of Marseille I guess :p
Those cows were all over the place :lol: And I've seen 62, cause 1 poor thing was in repair. I hate it when people damage beautiful cows on purpose :(
Yeah, I've also visited le château d'If and in those 4 days we even managed to go to Aix-en-Pce one day :D We had to, one cow was at the TGV station :angel:
And on the flight back there was the same very cute flight attendant :D All the cute guys come from Aix :p I'm still mad at myself for not having the courage to ask his number ;)

When you move the file to another location then, for example, you can do a right click on it, go to Properties and change the name there to something like "Wimbledon2007.flv". So the extension will be changed to .flv. Normally if you have a player that reads flash videos the file's icon will be automatically changed as well.
I'll try that, thanks :hug:

That could be the case with mine too. The file was 14 something MB.

To prevent that from happening I ordered myself an external hard drive last week ;) I have a laptop, but I'm too afraid to take it somewhere if my files aren't backed up :lol:

Kezzi
08-27-2007, 05:53 PM
do you have my email? could you send me your file then, maybe i'll find out if my file is 'unfinished' (i know what you mean) or i simply don't have the right player.

i do have plenty of cassettes over the years... i still only have the vcr attached to my tv, not a hard drive, so i still record tv programs with it! most of the tapes are not that important, but there must be some that are, and if i can't be bothered to transfer them to other format, yes i'm sure one day i won't be able to find a working vcr to play them :shrug:

digital files are even messier.... to use our current example, when you can't find the software to play them any more, what's the use of keeping all those files in all sorts of (outdated) formats??? it will happen one day, the way they update software all the time.

as for photos..... remember to print all those that matter to you, at least with paper the most they will do is fade. but with photo files, one day you may not be able to display jpegs any more! it's not science fiction, mark my words! ;)
I hope not, I will never update my software again if that's the case :lol:

Marine
08-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm very satisfied, we've seen almost all of Marseille I guess :p
Those cows were all over the place :lol: And I've seen 62, cause 1 poor thing was in repair. I hate it when people damage beautiful cows on purpose :(
Yeah, I've also visited le château d'If and in those 4 days we even managed to go to Aix-en-Pce one day :D We had to, one cow was at the TGV station :angel:
And on the flight back there was the same very cute flight attendant :D All the cute guys come from Aix :p I'm still mad at myself for not having the courage to ask his number ;)

You went to Aix TGV for...a cow ?? :help: :confused: LOL
61 cows in Marseille was not enough ?????

Kezzi
09-02-2007, 09:12 AM
You went to Aix TGV for...a cow ?? :help: :confused: LOL
61 cows in Marseille was not enough ?????
We also wanted to go to Aix for a day :p
I liked Aix more than Marseille, it's not so busy there :)

Marine
09-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Both cities are different; Marseille is more popular, and Aix more "chic". ;)

Marine
10-07-2007, 08:25 AM
A video of canal +
with seb, arnaud, fabrice and gilles simon.

http://www.canalplus.fr/index.php?pid=1867

Via
10-07-2007, 11:18 PM
thanks marine! it's much better quality than those youtubes... it also reminds me that i should get faster broadband! lol

higherlaw
10-08-2007, 02:29 PM
A video of canal +
with seb, arnaud, fabrice and gilles simon.

http://www.canalplus.fr/index.php?pid=1867

:worship: thanks, thanks, thanks!!:worship:

Kezzi
10-08-2007, 05:33 PM
:haha: I love the last part of Arnaud and Mika :lol:

And such good quality :eek: Thanks! :worship:
Does Gilles wear contacts? I thought I saw those very light coloured rands you get around your iris in the close up, but it also could be the light.
I also liked to see Thierry and Gilles together, it's cute :hearts:

I don't have a lot to say about the video except that it was a very nice one to look at :p
I really should learn the French language :tape:

higherlaw
10-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Here's a quite short video of Arnaud discussing being "approached" .

Après son élimination lundi au 1er tour à Paris-Bercy, Arnaud Clément a reconnu avoir été approché «une fois» dans sa carrière pour laisser filer un match. http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaftqSI.html

oh, and check out his HUGE watch!

Kezzi
10-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Here's a quite short video of Arnaud discussing being "approached" .

Après son élimination lundi au 1er tour à Paris-Bercy, Arnaud Clément a reconnu avoir été approché «une fois» dans sa carrière pour laisser filer un match. http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaftqSI.html

oh, and check out his HUGE watch!
I also have a huge watch compared to my arm, but mine is silver with shiny crystals around the timepiece. Not ugly and black :p
He should get a more elegant one, this doesn't suit him ;)
Maybe more in the style of Bruno's leather bracelet, I think it'll look fabulous! :)

Truc
11-12-2007, 12:01 PM
They have some highlights of the doubles matches on the ATP website this time, I don't know if you all have access to it, so I uploaded them here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3glcv_clementllodra-vs-nestorknowles-shan_extreme

(But as usual with their "highlights", it doesn't explain what really happened in the match, it's just a couple of great points - they could show at least the wasted MP...)

Kezzi
11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks anyway :hug: At least I get to see something of them :D
I was already hoping that there would be something online, because I gave up my hopes for doubles on the tv channels here. From singles I only saw like 3 minutes this weekend, two matches in 3 minutes :sad:

Truc
11-15-2007, 09:03 AM
DanielaFrenchFan posted a little video about them in Shanghai in her blog (but only Mika speaks):
http://www.lapassiondutennis.com/2007/11/14/clement-llodra-a-shanghai/

higherlaw
11-15-2007, 09:36 PM
DanielaFrenchFan posted a little video about them in Shanghai in her blog (but only Mika speaks):
http://www.lapassiondutennis.com/2007/11/14/clement-llodra-a-shanghai/

Merci! i like the beginning.

higherlaw
12-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey, here's a video from dailymotion.com posted by majix07

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/arnaud+clement/video/x36lb5_arnaudclement_sport

A student is interviewing him.

Via
12-15-2007, 08:28 PM
thanks hl! :yeah:

i like the end of the shanghai report... didn't know they got to do some kind of clinic with the local kids.... so cute. so was the kid who interviewed him with a piece of paper :)

higherlaw
12-16-2007, 06:43 PM
thanks hl! :yeah:

i like the end of the shanghai report... didn't know they got to do some kind of clinic with the local kids.... so cute. so was the kid who interviewed him with a piece of paper :)

I should have included this from the website:
"Dans le cadre du projet Marseille Pékin 2008, Francis rencontre Arnaud Clément, vainqueur du tournoi de Wimbledon en double cet été."

Looks like a school project. Never had cool interviews like this when I was in school!:haha:

nouf
12-31-2007, 09:23 AM
HOPMANCUP 2008 FRANCE/ARGENTINA
GOLOVIN/CLEMENT VS DULKO/CHELA
you can download the mixed on www.tatiana-golovin.fr
720x576 full screen no xvid but wmv ;)
http://wtatour.fr/showthread.php?p=3400#post3400
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5807/vlcsnap515929uh7.png (http://imageshack.us)

higherlaw
01-01-2008, 05:00 PM
:wavey: Thanks nouf!

FYI, there's more on you tube also!! I don't have time to provide the links....

Via
01-01-2008, 09:37 PM
this is a shorter version... the last game as uploaded to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ky6zy7lRUc

but of course, there isn't any english interview with arnaud and tatiana!

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Here's a link to quotes by male French players:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2008/20080114_082507Dev.html

Arnaud's quote is this:
« Je n'avais pas de grosses sensations aujourd'hui (lundi). Au début du match, c'était même un peu la cata. J'essayais, j'essayais mais c'était très irrégulier. Tout cela manquait de constance. Pourtant, depuis deux jours, je sentais bien la balle, alors que, depuis mon arrivée en Australie, j'étais complètement nul. Je suis déçu, c'est sûr, mais j'ai été mauvais. C'est encore une défaite au premier tour, encore une bouse. Mais j'ai vraiment fait ce que j'ai pu, et au troisième set, j'ai vraiment dominé, c'est dommage. Aujourd'hui, c'était vraiment nul, mais pourtant, j'avais la rage. »

What is "la cata"? Catastrophe?

And from fft.fr, his audio:
http://www.fft.fr/open-australie/2008/?id=3429 CORRECTED LINK
(Oui, c'est dommage!)

I'm adding something Dip said about Arnaud. Find it here: http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2008/20080114_142715Dev.html
Arnaud Clément, défait par Rainer Schüttler, connaît un début de saison délicat...
Arnaud m'a confié qu'il avait dû mal à trouver ses marques en coup droit. Il a de plus mal commencé l'année, avec deux défaites en match-exhibition, à Perth, contre Djokovic et Chela, puis une élimination prématurée lors des qualifications à Sydney. Bref, il n'est pas très en forme actuellement et un match face à Schuettler, déjà finaliste à l'Open d'Australie (en 2003), constituait un tour piège.

Piti Pingoin
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah, "cata" = catastrophe!

Hangdog
01-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Higherlaw, merci for putting all these interviews together in here!! :yeah:
Arnaud has such a nice vocabulary :rolleyes:

I like this part of Micka's quote from the first link:
"Ce soir (lundi), je vais manger avec mon Nono (Arnaud Clément). Ce sera le repas des losers ! Et après, on se concentre sur le double."

Kezzi
01-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Higherlaw, merci for putting all these interviews together in here!! :yeah:
Arnaud has such a nice vocabulary :rolleyes:

"Ce soir (lundi), je vais manger avec mon Nono (Arnaud Clément). Ce sera le repas des losers ! Et après, on se concentre sur le double."
Thanks :D They're nice even when badly translated by an online translator :p

That is just too cute :hearts:

Marine
01-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Happy he's still as funny after his loss, especially after playing so well the 2 last weeks...

Truc
01-23-2008, 06:57 AM
I don't know if it was already posted, "Dans l'intimité des bleus" about Arnaud and Mika in Shanghai:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3y0wz_dans-lintimite-des-bleus-part-1_sport
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3y19d_dans-lintimite-des-bleus-part-2_sport (part 2)

Truc
01-23-2008, 11:17 AM
It's an interview they gave a couple of weeks after Shanghai and they sound pretty disappointed about their performance there. Mika means they should/could have won the whole thing...
Arnaud explains they decided in last minute to play Wimbledon together because Mika was a bit injured and Arnaud had had a proposition from another good player. Mika told him it might be tough for the 1-2 first rounds, but he should be OK then and they decided to give it a try.
They talk about the matchpoint. Mika was serving and he told Arnaud "don't worry, I'll hit a huge serve (une "bouse") and he will return in the stands". But Arnaud didn't agree, so Mika "obeyed", played a very safe first serve - and Bryan completely missed his return.
Arnaud says Mika is the best doubles player in the world in his opinion (and he's not saying that because he wants them to keep playing together). Arnaud needs a partner like Mika in doubles, while Mika could play with about everybody else. Mika says people told him a few times last year, when they were not doing very well, that he should play with somebody else, back with Fabrice or with another player, but he really wanted to keep trying with Arnaud because he knew they can be really good together.
Their big goals now are Roland-Garros and the Olympics. They are "very, very motivated"!

Marine
01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't know if it was already posted, "Dans l'intimité des bleus" about Arnaud and Mika in Shanghai:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3y19d_dans-lintimite-des-bleus-part-2_sport (part 2)

Micka's in the car :haha::lol:
Micka ou comment massacrer l'aigle noir en beauté ! lol
Poor Arnaud, he's his favorite cobaye, and i'm sure he sings everytime like that ! lol

higherlaw
01-23-2008, 06:34 PM

oh, nice. Thanks so much Truc!! :worship:

Arnaud is the only one with his seatbelt on.

Via
01-23-2008, 09:02 PM
i don't understand most of the video, but thanks very much for the translation!

truc i hope you're happy to hear that they are determined to play together this year! you had asked me to ask them, but i never got the chance... there's too much competition just to get an autograph, let alone asking questions.

esther
01-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Arnaud soo doesnt look like an athlete when hes not in his tennis outfit!

esther
01-24-2008, 04:49 AM
Poor Arnaud, he's his favorite cobaye, and i'm sure he sings everytime like that ! lol

LOL i wonder if mika sings to his child like that. probably every nite!!!

esther
01-24-2008, 04:57 AM

LOL i wonder if mika sings to his child like that. probably every nite!!!

Marine
01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
About their final
http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-d-australie/2008/video_vid62904.shtml
micha at the end :lol:
pronostics of arnaud before jo jo's semi: jo in 4 sets.

About Jo Jo
http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-d-australie/2008/video_vid62927.shtml
Arnaud is very impressed by jo jo's game and seems happy for him.

I can't resist to put the last game online :D
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/tsonga+nadal/video/x45j9h_tsonga-nadal-half-final-australian_sport

higherlaw
01-25-2008, 02:02 PM
About their final
http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-d-australie/2008/video_vid62904.shtml
micha at the end :lol:
pronostics of arnaud before jo jo's semi: jo in 4 sets.

About Jo Jo
http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-d-australie/2008/video_vid62927.shtml
Arnaud is very impressed by jo jo's game and seems happy for him.

I can't resist to put the last game online :D
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/tsonga+nadal/video/x45j9h_tsonga-nadal-half-final-australian_sport

Thanks!!:worship: I always have a hard time understanding Arnaud...:(

higherlaw
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Audio from the Davis Cup website:

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_9023_mp3.MP3

Marine
02-09-2008, 09:09 PM
He looks so tired at the end of the itw :lol:
More tired than after a 5 sets match.

Marine
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the match today, only the 3 first sets.
Some comments... the stadium was so small !!!!! The romanian crowd as chauvinist as the frenchy ! (lol)
Arnaud not really regular.

I liked JoJo's behaviour during the match, he's a perfect teammate, not stoping cheering and screaming, it's good to see he loves the atmosphere of the DC.

Now........ USA ! It won't be easy, roddick, the bryans but at least it's not russia
It will be in Winston-Salem, north carolina, Maybe they will can count on michelle to support them :)

higherlaw
02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the match today, only the 3 first sets.
Some comments... the stadium was so small !!!!! The romanian crowd as chauvinist as the frenchy ! (lol)
Arnaud not really regular.

I liked JoJo's behaviour during the match, he's a perfect teammate, not stoping cheering and screaming, it's good to see he loves the atmosphere of the DC.

Now........ USA ! It won't be easy, roddick, the bryans but at least it's not russia
It will be in Winston-Salem, north carolina, Maybe they will can count on michelle to support them :)

If I can get tickets, I'll go! But, me, the only American rooting for France!

Marine
02-09-2008, 09:37 PM
If I can get tickets, I'll go! But, me, the only American rooting for France!

ohh it would be great ! Where do you live ?

Via
02-09-2008, 10:29 PM
:lol: just when we were talking about how higherlaw could see arnaud this year! how could we have forgotten about davis cup? congrats, your compensation for washington has arrived in a big way!

just join the french cheering camp if it gets too much among your patriots ;)

higherlaw
02-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Here's video from the Open 13 website with some highlights (lowlights?) of Arnaud vs Marcos. Watch closely at the end when they're at the net and you'll see a cranky Arnaud show how he really feels about media coverage!

http://www.cg13.fr/tvCG13/index-open-70.html

Can you spot Bruno?

Via
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
thanks, that's a nice video :yeah:

yes i've noticed cranky arnaud's hand :lol: it has more to do with his usual style of letting it off on others on court... if he had won he wouldn't have any problem with media coverage :rolleyes:

(does the same apply to winning the female heart? :tape:)

bruno, no... was it benneteau on the stands?

higherlaw
02-16-2008, 11:54 PM
thanks, that's a nice video :yeah:

yes i've noticed cranky arnaud's hand :lol: it has more to do with his usual style of letting it off on others on court... if he had won he wouldn't have any problem with media coverage :rolleyes:

(does the same apply to winning the female heart? :tape:)

bruno, no... was it benneteau on the stands?

Yeah, I figured he was getting a lot of unwanted coverage that day. It seems to have all died down (until more pics appear!).

After the second point when they show Marcos, look for Bruno there.

Kezzi
02-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Here's video from the Open 13 website with some highlights (lowlights?) of Arnaud vs Marcos. Watch closely at the end when they're at the net and you'll see a cranky Arnaud show how he really feels about media coverage!

http://www.cg13.fr/tvCG13/index-open-70.html

Can you spot Bruno?
Ofcourse I spotted Bruno ;)

Funny how he pushes that camera away, I didn't notice it before. I was too excited about Mister Lahyani being the umpire :lol:

Kezzi
02-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I figured he was getting a lot of unwanted coverage that day. It seems to have all died down (until more pics appear!).

After the second point when they show Marcos, look for Bruno there.
I still think that the best reaction is just to act like he doesn't care. That was my tactic when people were bothering me in highschool (Dutchies like to call me "Alien" when they first hear my name) and it worked :p First I reacted against it, but after I just answered them like they said my real name and then it wasn't fun anymore.

higherlaw
02-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Here are some videos from youtube with Arnaud at the French Open in 2002 and 1999. Thanks to neibaf3 for posting them!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o0_u38e6JbA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0noDBc6Gv3g

lol his mannerisms are still the same!!

And here's one that's more recent! Thanks to momoune113.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nxZ1yD9HF4M

barbottin
03-16-2008, 11:27 PM
5 short videos of Indian Wells

http://youtube.com/watch?v=za03oR6MEnM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xJUUcFOAGIE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2durAlokw7g
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N_KRvE04dmg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RkeSISutsn8

Marine
03-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks, these videos are great. They use to play football in indian wells, this video reminds me other videos 2/3 years ago at the same place.
Arnaud and seb look much happier playing soccer than playing tennis... :rolleyes:

Marine
03-22-2008, 08:14 PM
A longer version of a video we already saw some months ago. I love it !
I know it's not very easy and interesting if you don't understand french, but really...Micka is so funny !!!!!! :lol:

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-sport/c-tennis/pid1867-c-tennis-portrait.html

The music quizz in the car is just priceless.
Arnaud admits he's impossible to catch out in blind test if it's french variety. (1 second to find "comme un ouragan", well, wow congrats, i would'nt have found as early ..lol)
I'd love to see micka's compils !

lilibel13
03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
A longer version of a video we already saw some months ago. I love it !
I know it's not very easy and interesting if you don't understand french, but really...Micka is so funny !!!!!! :lol:

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-sport/c-tennis/pid1867-c-tennis-portrait.html

The music quizz in the car is just priceless.
Arnaud admits he's impossible to catch out in blind test if it's french variety. (1 second to find "comme un ouragan", well, wow congrats, i would'nt have found as early ..lol)
I'd love to see micka's compils !
OMG amazing:worship:

See mika singing lalane "peense a moiiiiii" like it's so funny , they are totaly crazy!!:lol:
And of course found "comme un oragan " i was :eek: so funny thxxx:wavey:

Truc
03-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Murray mentions Arnaud in his "Troublesome Trio" video:
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/toughest_murray.asp

Via
03-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Murray mentions Arnaud in his "Troublesome Trio" video:
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/toughest_murray.asp

unbelievable... i think i can see fear in murray's eyes! :lol:

Truc
03-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, when you already know he's going to mention him, it spoils half of the fun. But I was quite shocked this morning to hear "Awwno Claymohn" out of the blue when I was expecting Federer & Co!

Via
03-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, when you already know he's going to mention him, it spoils half of the fun. But I was quite shocked this morning to hear "Awwno Claymohn" out of the blue when I was expecting Federer & Co!

:lol: i think he carefully added the 't' sound at the end after a short pause... that's a sign of utmost respect :lol:

i have a feeling that arnaud is a bit like a pain in the neck for players like murray, someone they should easily get rid of but can't...

Marine
03-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Could someone say me (in english) what murray said from " I just..." , I don't understand this part. :unsure:
Thanks

Hangdog
03-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Does it really sound so bad? I'll never try to speak French to Frenchies any more then lol
Could someone say me (in english) what murray said from " I just..." , I don't understand this part. :unsure:
Thanks
Something like "I just... you know... I've been a bit impatient against him before, he's one of the quickest guys on the tour and doesn't make too many mistakes... you know... hits the ball very flat so I've struggled against him..." Though you'd rather wait for a native because I sometimes hear the things that haven't really been said...

Marine
03-26-2008, 08:08 PM
It sounds good, thanks Irina. I would have never been able to understand these words, for me it's like he said wjo<svxwvnmxjnwxvbxvhwvbwvc :awww:
Sometimes I wonder if these guys speak english :lol: They speak so fast !

Via
03-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Does it really sound so bad? I'll never try to speak French to Frenchies any more then lol

Something like "I just... you know... I've been a bit impatient against him before, he's one of the quickest guys on the tour and doesn't make too many mistakes... you know... hits the ball very flat so I've struggled against him..." Though you'd rather wait for a native because I sometimes hear the things that haven't really been said...

i don't think murray meant to speak 'french' lol no more than i intend to speak russian when i say 'nicolay davydenko' :lol:

It sounds good, thanks Irina. I would have never been able to understand these words, for me it's like he said wjo<svxwvnmxjnwxvbxvhwvbwvc :awww:

no he speaks scottish ;) (though i don't think he has a strong accent) but irina can handle any accent including austrayylian ;)

Marine
03-27-2008, 07:11 PM
If scottish / english = french / quebecois, so it's not easy to understand :lol:

Hangdog
03-27-2008, 08:34 PM
It's Arnaud the one who sounds like wjo<svxwvnmxjnwxvbxvhwvbwvc all the way in his French interviews :awww:
i don't think murray meant to speak 'french' lol no more than i intend to speak russian when i say 'nicolay davydenko' :lol:
You're right, but I just mean I thought he said it quite well, I wouldn't do it so much better even pretending to speak French.
no he speaks scottish ;) (though i don't think he has a strong accent) but irina can handle any accent including austrayylian ;)
Thanks Via, but I wish I could handle at least classic British English well enough :lol:
If scottish / english = french / quebecois, so it's not easy to understand :lol:
Yes, I think it's a good parallel lol

Truc
04-29-2008, 06:39 AM
A great interview of Arnaud today in l’Equipe:
«Ça me mine…»
ARNAUD CLÉMENT va de défaite en défaite. Après celle d’hier contre Del Potro, il a accepté d’aller au fond des choses.

Il faisait soleil quand Arnaud Clément a quitté le court no 4, battu d’entrée 6-3, 6-1 par l’Argentin Del Potro. Son match ? Pauvre. Sa saison ? Pauvre, elle aussi. Il faisait presque nuit et il pleuvait quand Clément réapparut après deux heures quarante de débriefing à huis clos avec son frère et coach dans le vestiaire. Aimable, il accepta de se lancer dans une introspection pas évidente. Celle d’un joueur de trente ans désormais 90e mondial, qui n’était plus descendu aussi bas depuis août 2005. Un joueur qui ne gagne plus.
MUNICH – de notre envoyé spécial
« VOUS ÊTES RESTÉ plus de deux heures enfermé dans le vestiaire avec votre frère. Cela signifie-t-il que cette défaite est celle de trop ?
- J’avais besoin qu’on se parle. Aujourd’hui, j’étais motivé, même pas loin d’être confiant. Et puis, à l’arrivée, je coule. Il était nul, ce match. Ça me mine, c’est normal.
– Vous êtes aujourd’hui 90e mondial. Vous n’avez gagné qu’un match lors de vos dix derniers tournois (contre Fish à Miami). Que se passe-t-il ?
– Je manque de régularité, je manque de matches, c’est aussi bête que ça. Avant, une de mes grosses qualités, c’était que, quand je jouais très mal, j’arrivais très souvent à retourner le truc, à me rebeller. Là, Del Potro, je lui donne le machin. En ce moment, c’est ça : les jeux un peu accrochés, je les perds tous. Ça me manque terriblement, ces moments où il faut serrer le jeu, ces moments à 4-4 où le mec veut te breaker, où il va te faire travailler. C’est trop bon, ça… Il n’y a plus ces moments de tension dans mes matches. Finalement, perdre, ce n’est pas la fin du monde. En revanche, perdre sans sentir ça, c’est juste chiant.
– On pensait que la victoire épique en double en Coupe Davis contre les Bryan allait vous rebooster. Et puis vous perdez d’entrée en qualifications à Monte-Carlo et d’entrée à Munich…
– Le double m’a fait un bien fou, mais j’étais conscient que c’était du double, avec des conditions parfaites pour moi : indoor et ultra rapide. Je savais qu’en simple d’autres facteurs entreraient en compte, puisque la terre battue n’est pas l’endroit où je suis le plus à l’aise. Autant, en 2006, la Coupe Davis à Halle contre l’Allemagne m’avait regonflé, autant là, c’est différent.
– Justement, peut-on comparer ces deux périodes : celle d’aujourd’hui et celle de 2005 quandvous étiez descendu très bas (137e en février) ?
– Non, ce n’est pas comparable. En 2005, un peu aussi en fin d’année dernière, l’envie n’était plus là. Aujourd’hui, j’ai l’envie . Aujourd’hui, si je fais un bon match, je ne serais pas étonné. Avant Halle, j’en doutais.
– Mais vous sentez-vous dans le trou ?
– Je serais dans le trou si je n’avais plus envie. Donc, non. Pour moi, être dans le trou, ce n’est pas une question de niveau de jeu. C’est quand tu te lèves le matin et que tu ne veux pas aller t’entraîner, c’est quand le match arrive et que tu n’es pas heureux d’y aller. Contre Del Potro, j’étais content d’entrer sur le court, j’avais envie de courir, d’aller au combat. Le problème, c’est que je n’arrive plus à amener mes matches là-dedans. Je ne demande que ça, de courir à droite et à gauche pendant des heures. Mais voilà, aujourd’hui, j’ai dû transpirer deux gouttes. Y avait pas de fatigue et je déteste ça.
« Wimbledon… c’était monstrueux ! »
– Est-ce que perdre vous fait aussi mal qu’avant ?
– Si je fais une moyenne, je dirais un peu moins aujourd’hui mais pas beaucoup. Avec l’expérience, on relativise plus souvent. Mais, justement, je devrais peut-être plus gueuler sur le terrain. Je suis peut-être trop en contrôle. Parfois, la spontanéité de certaines conneries, c’est bien aussi.
– N’êtes-vous pas tenté de faire une croix sur cette terre battue qui vous est peu propice et d’attendre que revienne le gazon ?
– Mais non ! Je ne peux pas me permettre de dire ça. Je suis 90e et, si je ne fais pas attention, je peux me retrouver 150e ou 200e. Il y a des échéances qui vont arriver vite. (Il doit défendre une demi-finale au Queen’s et une finale à Nottingham.)
– Comment vivez-vous les critiques qui peuvent être celles faites aussi à Mauresmo, à Grosjean, à ceux de cette génération qui, quelque part, déclinent ?
– Je ne les connais pas. Qu’est-ce qu’on dit de moi ?
– Parfois, on dit que vous êtes fini. Que vous ne gagnerez plus de tournoi.
– Écoutez, si demain je suis 250e mais que je suis heureux de jouer, tout ira bien. Quand, en 2005, j’ai dû passer par les Challengers, par les qualifs partout, j’étais super fier de moi. J’ai aimé cette période ! J’étais face à un problème dur à résoudre et j’y ai pris de la force. Quand j’ai gagné à Marseille après, tout était parti de là.Même aujourd’hui, je me dis : “Putain, elle est belle cette vie !” Je l’adore comme au premier jour. Je suis même plus heureux que certains gars qui sont 20e ou 30e mondial. Alors, si les gens pensent que je suis nul, que je ne suis qu’un joueur de double, ça ne m’atteint pas. Ça m’atteindra le jour où je serai d’accord avec eux.
– Qu’est-ce que vous cherchez plus que tout aujourd’hui ?
– Je cherche les grands moments d’extase. L’an dernier, gagner Wimbledon en double avec Mika (Llodra), c’était “monstrueux”. O.K., je finis l’année 70e mondial en simple, mais j’ai eu ça ! C’est pour ça que les Jeux Olympiques me font déjà un peu peur. Ça fait deux ans qu’on y pense avec Mika et je n’aimerais pas qu’on passe à côté d’une médaille. »
FRÉDÉRIC BERNÈS (I can't translate it now because I have to work, sorry.)

Marine
04-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Arnaud qui passe sur le divan :lol:

Great interview. No good news, but Arnaud still is optimistic.
I can't translate, I'm sure someone will make it better than me.

deanna
04-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I would translate... but I don't speak much french at all :p hehe. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could translate it :) :angel: !

Truc
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I can "translate" the first part now. Here is the intro as an "appetizer":

"It is wearing me down..."
The sun was still shining when he left the court after his first round defeat 6-3 6-1 to Del Potro. The match? Poor. His season? Poor, too. It was almost dark already, and rainy, when he reappeared after a 2 hours 40 minutes long debriefing with his brother behind closed doors in the locker rooms and kindly agreed on making an introspection which wasn't easy. The introspection of a 30-year-old player who is now ranked #90 in the world (his worse ranking since August 2005). A player who doesn't win matches anymore.

Truc
04-29-2008, 05:37 PM
First part (as usual, it's sometimes simplified):

You spent more than 2 hours in the locker rooms with your brother. Does that mean it is one defeat too many?
- I needed to talk with him. I was motivated today, almost confident. And at the end of the day, I'm going under. This match was crap. It is wearing me down, that's normal.

You're ranked #90 in the world. You've won only one match in your last 10 tournaments (against Fish in Miami). What's going on?
- I have no consistency, I'm lacking match practice, quite simply. One of my biggest qualities in the past was that even when I was playing poorly, I was very often able to reverse the situation, to rebel. I handed the win over to Del Potro today. That's my problem right now: I lose all the games which are a bit close. I terribly miss these moments when you have to step up your game, like at 4-4, when you feel the guy wants the break and will make you work hard. It's so good... You don't see these moments of tension in my matches anymore. To lose isn't the end of the world, actually. But to lose without having that feeling, that's bloody annoying.

We were thinking that the epic win over the Bryans in Davis Cup was going to give you a boost. But you lost in the first round of the qualifying in Monte-Carlo and here in the first round too...
- The doubles match did me so good, but I was aware it was just a doubles match in perfect conditions for me: indoors, with an extremely fast surface. I knew that other factors would play a part in singles, since clay isn't my favourite surface. In 2006, the Davis Cup tie against Germany in Halle had really bolstered me up, but this time was different.

Let's compare these 2 periods: today and when you already drifted down in the ranking in 2005 (#137 in February)?
- No, you can't compare both. In 2005, like at the end of last year, I had lost the desire. Today, I feel the desire. If I play a good match today, I won't be surprised. Before Halle, I was having doubts about it.

But do you feel like you're hitting rock bottom? [I don't know how to say "se sentir dans le trou" - "to feel six feet under" would be too strong, I guess?!]
- I would if I had no desire anymore. So the answer is no. For me, to hit rock bottom, that's not a question of level. It means that when you stand up in the morning, you don't feel like training; when your match is called, you don't enjoy going out there. Against Del Potro, I was happy to enter the court, I was eager to run, to fight. The problem is that I don't manage to bring myself into that situation during my matches. I'm dying to spend hours on the court running left, right, left... But I hardly broke a sweat today. I didn't feel exhausted and I hate that.

soulage
04-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks Truc

You're ranked #90 in the world. You've won only one match in your last 10 tournaments (against Fish in Miami). What's going on?
- I have no consistency, I'm lacking match practice, quite simply. One of my biggest qualities in the past was that even when I was playing poorly, I was very often able to reverse the situation, to rebel. I handed the win over to Del Potro today. That's my problem right now: I lose all the games which are a bit close. I terribly miss these moments when you have to step up your game, like at 4-4, when you feel the guy wants the break and will make you work hard. It's so good... You don't see these moments of tension in my matches anymore. To lose isn't the end of the world, actually. But to lose without having that feeling, that's bloody annoying.
He's right. When we analyse score board's matches, we see that he's got some opportunities to break, to win a set but he never success on these balls and on the other hand his opponents don't need too much occasions to take advantage over him. He needs to win to these hung games as he says.

He's also conscious that's all can be very fast and he could be # 150 in a few weeks but as often in his interviews : the pleasure seems to be most important for him. He's want's to be happy and have moments of ecstasy :) So good luck boy

Marine
04-29-2008, 07:52 PM
And the most important: he loves his life.
But we would like to see more the happiness of the victory. :rolleyes: lol

Hangdog
04-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks a lot for the interview and translation, they both are just great! :worship: :worship:

It is so good to have a chance to see such interviews sometimes. It lets us know more about the real reasons of players losses, get a better picture of what's on their mind, learn more about their priorities. Personally, thanks to this interview I've finally got answers to a few of my questions - and in general it's great to get Arnaud's own insight on the current situation.

I'm glad to see Arnaud is still positive and that he's so excited about the Olympics :) As for his falling, I'm sure he works hard and he knows what to do. He's already come up from the bottom, and that's one of first things I like about him. ...And hopefully he won't become Safin #2 lol

P.S. If there's still a need of the rest of translation I can make it in the morning.

deanna
04-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Thank you so much for translating Truc :hug: :) !

Hangdog
04-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Second part.
Wimbledon… it was tremendous!

Does losing hurt you as much as before?
- If I do it so-so, I'd say today it hurts me a little bit - but not much - less. With the experience we put things into perspective more often. But actually I should probably be madder on the court, I'm too concentrated. Sometimes it is also good to do something messing up.

Don't you tend to kiss goodbye to the clay that hasn't been so favourable and rather wait for the come back of the grass?
- No, no, I can't let myself say such things. I'm the 90th and if I don't pay proper attention I can turn out to be the 150th or 200th. There are some dates of payment coming soon (He has to defend semis at Queen's and the final in Nottingham).

How do you deal with all this criticism that also touches Mauresmo and Grosjean, those of the generation that is declining?
- I don't know about it. What do they say about me?

Sometimes people say you're finished, that you won't happen to win a tournament anymore.
- Listen, if tomorrow I find myself on the 250th place but I'm still happy to play it will be fine. When in 2005 I had to go through Challengers and qualies everywhere I was extremely proud of myself. I've loved this period! I had to solve difficult problems and that gave me the strength. Then I won Marseille and everything started from there. Even today I say to myself, "Damn, how beautiful this life is!" I enjoy it as on the first day. I'm even happier than some certain guys from the Top 20 – Top 30. So if people think I'm hopeless, I'm nothing but a doubles player it doesn't bother me. It will bother me the day when I agree with them.

What are you looking for most of all today?
- I'm looking for the great moment of joy, "ecstasy". Last year it was tremendous, "monstrously", to win Wimbledon in doubles. OK, I finished my year as #70th in singles, but I've got that victory! That's why the Olympics already make me a bit scared. We've been thinking about it for 2 years with Mika and I wouldn't like us to miss a medal.

deanna
04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Naaww, he's adorable !
Thanks for translating again :):hug: !

kukka
04-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the translation! :) That's a lovely interview. :D

Elina

higherlaw
04-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the translation!:tennis:

I like his attitude ;)!

Kezzi
04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the interview, it's great to read :D

I agree Higherlaw, his attitude is :yeah:

Kezzi
04-30-2008, 07:17 PM

To me it just seems like they find it cute and funny when someone tries.
You should've heard my sister calling Bruno back for a picture with the Clements together when we were in 's-Hertogenbosch in 2004.
She just said Bruno as we would in Dutch and apparantly that's very different from French, so Arno and Mika were laughing and Bruno thougt it was cute. But I agree with Arno and Mika, it was a funny moment :lol:

For me it doesn't matter how I sound in German, French or whatever language, it's the effort that counts :)

Thanks for that, I also didn't understand that part.

Marine
04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Why does it sound bad ??? It sounds good to me.
You understood everything. Almost fluent, Irina ! :p

Kezzi
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
I also think it doesn't sound bad, if I didn't know it was a French name and I would pronounce it in Dutch, it would sound really bad :lol:

Marine
06-01-2008, 08:06 PM
For seb's birthday yesterday, evening "special men" with football, some good food and wine... at seb's home. lol
we can see arnaud 3 seconds (busy to eat and drink) lol

http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/multimedia/index.html
Type "coulisse" then "dip&Co"

Marine
07-04-2008, 08:11 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/clement%2Bschuettler/video/x60ciy_rschuettler-vs-aclement-wimbledon-2_sport

Highlights of his quarter.

soulage
07-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Some articles from l'Equipe during this Wimbledon 2008

Marine
07-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks soulage, these articles are good, as usually.
I've never seen Bruno as much talkative about his brother during this tournament. ;) He's proud of him.

Someone else is proud of him ...
"Il a montré de telles qualités de combativité dans tous ses matches...je suis vraiment admirative.
La série noire est terminée. Après les vacances, il va pouvoir attaquer la tournée américaine avec beaucoup d'envie. La machine est relancée !"
Nolwenn. "Le Parisien"
It sounds like the comments of a coach . :lol: :worship: