Forza Argentina! Coria and Nalbandian through to second week!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Forza Argentina! Coria and Nalbandian through to second week!!

Cervantes
06-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Both Coria and Nalbandian came back from 0-2 to win their matches in five sets. Especially Coria played some great stuff at the end. Did anyone else see that smash from Melzer he converted into a winner? Thoroughly enjoyed it :)
And as for David, he didn't play his best, but he came through with some good play at the end of the 4th. Hopefully both can go one further or even meet in the semis, although I don't really see that happening.

Clara Bow
06-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Yea!

I am very happy that we have two Argentinians and two Spaniards into the second week.

sigmagirl91
06-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Both Coria and Nalbandian came back from 0-2 to win their matches in five sets. Especially Coria played some great stuff at the end. Did anyone else see that smash from Melzer he converted into a winner? Thoroughly enjoyed it :)
And as for David, he didn't play his best, but he came through with some good play at the end of the 4th. Hopefully both can go one further or even meet in the semis, although I don't really see that happening.

I don't either. I see Coria going out to Roddick in the next round. David may make the quarters or the semis, but I am happy with his results so far.

jazz_girl
06-25-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't know what the next round is gonna be like, but I loved what they've done so far. Congratulations guys!!! :yeah:

Cervantes
06-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Next round:

Nalbandian vs Gasquet, really difficult match cause Richard seems to be in great form, but hopefully this win has given David some confidence.

Coria vs Roddick, we all know who the favorite is here, but maybe Guillermo finds a way to get Andy's serve back and then he's the better player in the rallies. Anyway the courts seem to be slower than ever (look at all the claycourters that made it through to the second week), so that might suit Guillermo to force an upset.

Hendu
06-25-2005, 07:35 PM
I am really impressed by Coria's game this week... he seems to be very comfortable on grass. He is returning and serving well, and using all his repertoire (passing shots, lobs, drop shots...).

No matter what happens in the next round, this is good news for the Argentine Davis Cup Team. I could see Coria beating Arthurs and giving some trouble to Hewitt.

Fedex
06-25-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm not suprised that Nalbandian is in the 2nd week of Wimbledon; he did make the Wimbledon finals a few years ago, after all. Coria's results are rather suprising though.

ugotlobbed
06-25-2005, 08:02 PM
whoooooooo

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Thank goodness for grass season, where all these ARG and ESP bores go to die!

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread. And a week too late.

:banana:

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm not suprised that Nalbandian is in the 2nd week of Wimbledon; he did make the Wimbledon finals a few years ago, after all. Coria's results are rather suprising though.
Nalbandian has never lost before the 4th round, if I'm not mistaken :D

Coria's results aren't surprising to me, although his comeback today was a bit surprising. I figured he was out after losing those first two sets :p

gooner88
06-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Vamos Argentina! :)
I'm so proud that Nalbo won today from 2 sets down. He played badly, but still won. That's a sign of a great player.
I'm not surprised that Coria beat Melzer. Watched his match against Malisse and looked very good.
With Nalbo and Coria playing well on grass, they definitely have much more of a chance of beating the Aussies.

sigmagirl91
06-25-2005, 08:08 PM
It's great practice for them, for sure, for the upcoming DC.