R.Gasquet def G.Muller 7-6(3) 6-3 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

R.Gasquet def G.Muller 7-6(3) 6-3 6-3

richard gasquet
06-25-2005, 06:01 PM
very solid match from richard, a real battle of good server during the first 2 sets but finally gilles gave some opportunities and richard took them.

He reach the 4rd round for the first time.Congrats. :)

It was a close match and pleasant to watch between two very good players.

-wokkel-
06-25-2005, 06:05 PM
well done richard..

great tourney gilles. :)

Scotso
06-25-2005, 06:19 PM
allez Richard :D

mangoes
06-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Congrats Gasquet!!

vincayou
06-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Nobody writes in this thread, we need to compare him to Nadal! ;)

C3PO
06-25-2005, 06:51 PM
"routine" victory for Richard :)
Congrats Gilles for your tournament! :)

noodles24
If you bring Nadal into any discussion, you'll get at least 5 pages. 10, if people are feeling particularly chatty. :p

Congrats to Richard! If Nalbandian plays the same way he did today against Murray, Richie should be the favorite in the matchup as long as he holds serve.

richard gasquet

they dont write because the score tells by itself lol.

Solid victory from a young player who is a real challenger in this tournament.

David nalbandian for the next round...

Clara Bow
06-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Don't compare the young ones please...we just end up insulting one another and being very mean and dismissive of achievements.

Anyway- I think that Gasquet will reach the semis.

Cervantes
06-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Finally got to watch Gasquet play this Wimbledon and I must say he looked very impressive, although he could play a bit more aggresive on his own serve. But the way he closed out the match with three fantastic returns was great, I can really see him go far, perhaps even all the way...

oneandonlyhsn
06-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Finally got to watch Gasquet play this Wimbledon and I must say he looked very impressive, although he could play a bit more aggresive on his own serve. But the way he closed out the match with three fantastic returns was great, I can really see him go far, perhaps even all the way...

From your lips to Gods ears, very impressive performances by Richard these past few weeks. I've said it before and I say it again, he reminds me so much of Roger when he was younger. I think his best results will be in Wimby. He has a beautiful game, I love watching him play. Plus that BH :hearts:

no name face
06-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Gasquet :worship:

Good luck, man! What an awesome player.

silverwhite
06-25-2005, 07:34 PM
although he could play a bit more aggresive on his own serve

He needs to venture to the net much more. I've no idea why he's not been doing that at Wimbledon as much as he was in Nottingham.

LaTenista
06-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Merci, Richard!

Allez! Welcome to the 2nd week of Wimbledon.

delsa
06-25-2005, 08:09 PM
He needs to venture to the net much more. I've no idea why he's not been doing that at Wimbledon as much as he was in Nottingham.
Yeah me too... He will have to do that against Nalbandian because the Argentine can play from the baseline maybe better than him unlike his previous opponents...He really need to be more agressive...But i think he didn't want to tire himself against Muller so he didn't give all his best (in terms of risk taking, agressiveness etc...) to save energy for the next round...

Fedex
06-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Congrats. The Nalbandian match should be a classic.

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Believe it or not, I'm not really in the mood!

Good job, Richard.

lucashg
06-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Well done, Richard!

It seems like a solid win. His next match will be toughest so far, but Nalbandian is beatable if Gasquet is in his zone. I reckon he also should play more agressively and trying to come to the net more, he seems to have good and solid volleys.

Just one question to those who've seen him play on grass: can he slice? I don't remember in the few matches I've watched of him and with that great backhand, he definitely should to save himself some time and set up points to finish at the net. I have the Nottingham final, but haven't seen it in completely yet.

vincayou
06-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Believe it or not, I'm not really in the mood!

Good job, Richard.

But your avatar always is!

silverwhite
06-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Well done, Richard!

It seems like a solid win. His next match will be toughest so far, but Nalbandian is beatable if Gasquet is in his zone. I reckon he also should play more agressively and trying to come to the net more, he seems to have good and solid volleys.

Just one question to those who've seen him play on grass: can he slice? I don't remember in the few matches I've watched of him and with that great backhand, he definitely should to save himself some time and set up points to finish at the net. I have the Nottingham final, but haven't seen it in completely yet.

He used the slice a few times in Nottingham. I don't know why he doesn't slice more though. He dropshots more than he slices. :lol:

alexito
06-25-2005, 09:40 PM
yesssssssss richarddddddddddddd
I wanted see gasquet vs murray.

Rogiman
06-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Richard the awesome! :D

I don't want to jinx him or anything, but right here a great opportunity to reach the semis of a grand slam is laid!

Aleksa's Laydee
06-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Well Done Richie :D

deliveryman
06-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Comparing Richard to Nadal is ridiculous. Richard has a complete game, where Nadal will always be a one-surface wonder, with a few suprising results (but nothing serious) on other surfaces. If you were to ask me who was the next world's #1 for the new generation, Richard -- no doubt.

vincayou
06-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Comparing Richard to Nadal is ridiculous. Richard has a complete game, where Nadal will always be a one-surface wonder, with a few suprising results (but nothing serious) on other surfaces. If you were to ask me who was the next world's #1 for the new generation, Richard -- no doubt.

I have open the pandora box! :eek:

vincayou
06-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Richard the awesome! :D

I don't want to jinx him or anything, but right here a great opportunity to reach the semis of a grand slam is laid!

That's it! You jinxed him! :mad:

marifline
06-25-2005, 11:30 PM
What Richard is doing for French tennis and Tennis " tout court" is awesome... No doubt he can go to the quarters... I can watch the Men tournament but I trust him...we need someone to make us dream...
I' ve let myself imagine a whole french semi..well it's a dream but why not ? :lol: ( not serious I know :rolleyes: )

lucashg
06-26-2005, 01:16 AM
What Richard is doing for French tennis and Tennis " tout court" is awesome... No doubt he can go to the quarters... I can watch the Men tournament but I trust him...we need someone to make us dream...
I' ve let myself imagine a whole french semi..well it's a dream but why not ? :lol: ( not serious I know :rolleyes: )

I'm all for an all-French SFs, but I doubt it will happen. I hope at least it's a part-French SF with Gasquet in it. He can definitely do it!

Well, on your signature... who are the 5 french onto the second week of Wimbledon? Gasquet, Grosjean, Mauresmo, Dechy and... :confused:

*julie*
06-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Well, on your signature... who are the 5 french onto the second week of Wimbledon? Gasquet, Grosjean, Mauresmo, Dechy and... :confused:
.... and Pierce.

Good Job Richard :clap2: Allez!
Now reach the 1/4!!! :worship:

RogiFan88
06-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Tres bien, Richard!! Ca va etre un match tres interessant contre Nalby lundi.

ultraX
06-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Felicitation Richard!!

ytben
06-26-2005, 05:24 AM
Great job Richi! Awesome to see him doing so well here. David will be a very tough assignment for him but he can do it. He will want to avoid a 5 setters though. Good luck Richi :bounce:

Chloe le Bopper
06-26-2005, 05:28 AM
But your avatar always is!

Nah. My avatar is saving his sass for when he takes Umag by storm. He knows when to be quiet ;)

Deivid23
06-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Richard has a great chance to make semis here, props to him :yeah: