Do u think marat will play the DC against France? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do u think marat will play the DC against France?

safinaferrero
06-25-2005, 12:07 AM
he said that because of his knee he won't play the DC in july against French team then he said :
Q. You said you will need some treatment for your knee. Does it mean maybe you could skip the Davis Cup?

MARAT SAFIN: No, no. No chance. I will be there. I know the French people, they are hoping for the best. But there is no chance. You have to deal with me (smiling).

So what do u think ? i'm getting confused :confused: Marat loves intox quotes so if u have any idea ..... :wavey: :wavey:

Carolinita
06-25-2005, 01:35 AM
if he doesnt play DC he'd be lying shamelessly....his answer is clear...i mean, i know Marat loves intox quotes as you say, but i don't know how we'd get him wrong with this kinda answer...on the other hand, if he finally doesnt play , he'll be able to have a good excuse (his knee)...Conclusion: he can do whatever he wants http://www.seishin.cl/modules/Forums/images/smiles/laughing9.gif

safinaferrero
06-25-2005, 01:39 AM
YOu are completly right and u resume exactly what i'm thinking ;)

drf716
06-25-2005, 04:41 AM
has marat already done something he said he wouldn't do and vice-versa?

oneandonlyhsn
06-25-2005, 05:01 AM
has marat already done something he said he wouldn't do and vice-versa?

I think people are wondering because first he said he wont and now he says he will. I think because his knee doesnt require surgery just some physio and maybe time off, Marat doesnt feel like he will be putting and pressure on his knee if he were to play DC.
So unless something happens to change the doctoprs current prognosis, there is no way Marat will miss DC.

Kosm
06-25-2005, 06:00 AM
Apparently Marat was not going to play DC a few days ago. The possibble change of his plans (or plans of the team :rolleyes: ) has to do with Davydenko retired with injury. Russia has no chance without both Marat and Kolya, so either one or another should play.

safinaferrero
06-25-2005, 09:14 AM
I really hope that he willl play because i want to see marat beat French team like in 2002 it was just amazing :)

mer
06-25-2005, 09:24 AM
IMO this poll is just senseless :rolleyes:
Sorry

iliketennis
06-25-2005, 09:34 AM
It is a legitimate question mer. Marat says lots of things such as; I am never coming back to Wimbledon again. ;)

mer
06-25-2005, 09:46 AM
It is a legitimate question mer. Marat says lots of things such as; I am never coming back to Wimbledon again. ;)

ok, question yes, but not a poll I think. I may be wrong though. I find many polls on GM a little bit strange :)

As for Marat and DC. Marat didn't plan to play DC in July. That is clear and Tarpishev confirmed it few days ago. So smth happened that made Marat change his mind. It could be Kolya's injury or even one phone call :rolleyes: or whatever. And his decision still can be changed again. We can only wait for the official news from russian team.

C3PO
06-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I hope he will play because I like to see Marat play and the Davis cup is broadcasted on French Tv.. And where's the panache for France if we beat a team whose two best players are missing.
Plus, now we have Gasquet and he can beat both Marat and Nicolay on clay :)

mer
06-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Plus, now we have Gasquet and he can beat both Marat and Nicolay on clay :)

If you still have Santoro you probably won't need Gasquet to beat Marat ;)

iliketennis
06-25-2005, 10:08 AM

:lol:

oneandonlyhsn
06-25-2005, 05:05 PM

Very good one :haha:

safinaferrero
06-25-2005, 08:55 PM
MER:IMO this poll is just senseless
Sorry :confused:

I never said that it was an important thread it was just a question if i made a poll it's just to have ppl point of view .. :rolleyes: .
anyway Marat change so many times his mind that i think that's a legitimate questions no? if u dt care about it dt participate no pbm ;)
BTw thanx to iliketennis to his/her support :)

safinaferrero
06-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Well still in the actuality............

Vass
06-30-2005, 05:33 PM
No way.

safinaferrero
06-30-2005, 06:36 PM
What do u mean Vass by "No way"?

safinaferrero
06-30-2005, 06:58 PM
http://www.maratsafin.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=90997&t=90988