The Russian vs. Roddick [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Russian vs. Roddick

Tennis Fool
06-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Okay, so it's Igor Andreev :devil:

These two have never played before. Do you think IA has any chance?

oneandonlyhsn
06-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Okay, so it's Igor Andreev :devil:

These two have never played before. Do you think IA has any chance?

If his return game is good than yes, but I havent seen him play so I cant tell

RodLo
06-24-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm going for Andy on this one. ;)

Regenbogen
06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
i'm going with roddick in 3 close sets

Jennay
06-24-2005, 07:32 PM
I haven't seen much of Andreev, but if Andy can lose sets to Bracciali, who knows. :retard:

Paialii
06-24-2005, 08:10 PM
I haven't seen much of Andreev, but if Andy can lose sets to Bracciali, who knows. :retard:

Anyone can lose sets to someone who's going for broke on just about anything and keeping the shots in the court. ;)

I'm saying Andy in three close sets.

Deboogle!.
06-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Bracciali's grass results are actually a lot better than Andreev's.

rofe
06-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Igor hasn't shown the consistency for me to believe that he will even be able take a set off Andy.

Andy in three. There is always a chance that Andy has a brain freeze though. :secret:

roisin
06-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Igor can be such a good player when he wants to be but he's damn inconsistent. As much as I love him, I'm going for Andy on this one ;) I think Igor's only decent result on grass came at last years Queens, he got to QF beating Agassi along the way :cool:

ys
06-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Andreev has a solid serve, but Roddick's serve is much better. Andreev has a better forehand. Both have sucky backhands. Roddick will probably win on experience. but you never know with Andreev.. After all, he was the only player this year to beat the future king of grass on his favourite surface.. :lol:

amierin
06-24-2005, 10:28 PM
I've never seen IA play so I'm going with Roddick because it's grass, Roddick has a very good serve, and he'll never live it down if he loses.

nkhera1
06-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Andreev has a solid serve, but Roddick's serve is much better. Andreev has a better forehand. Both have sucky backhands. Roddick will probably win on experience. but you never know with Andreev.. After all, he was the only player this year to beat the future king of grass on his favourite surface.. :lol:

Are you sure Andreeve has a better forehand?

Havok
06-24-2005, 11:54 PM
I was just about to say the same thing.:lol: I highly doubt Igor's forehand is superior to Roddick's. Roddick in straights if he stays away from being a dick. If he can't, then he can easily go the distance once again.

NATAS81
06-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Roddick should win, but how about the growth spurt from Igor?

He's come along way since the start of the year, but he's not ready and doesn't have near the serve to compete with Roddick.

He's a small guy but you see backhands like Gaudio, Bracciali from small players. I can't judge in that aspect.

Roddick in straight sets seems reasonable.

Andreev might survive from the ground due to the speed, and can get lucky in a tiebreak.

Tennis Fool
06-25-2005, 12:08 AM
I was just about to say the same thing.:lol: I highly doubt Igor's forehand is superior to Roddick's. Roddick in straights if he stays away from being a dick. If he can't, then he can easily go the distance once again.

:eek: Critical words about Duck from the Nation! Where's the real Naldo and put this imposter :eek: (No wonder I haven't seen him in a while ;) )

guida
06-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Anything can happen at a Roddick match these days. :rolleyes: We fans have been enjoying the rollercoaster of our lives for the past year now. :lol:

Leo
06-25-2005, 04:06 AM
My first chance to finally see the talented Igor! :bounce: This could be another tight one; lots of ill-timed errors from Roddick so far in this tournament.

ys
06-25-2005, 04:57 AM
Are you sure Andreev has a better forehand?

For grass? Yes. For hardcourts, I would not be so sure. You must have seen Roddick's matches at W - his forehand is ineffective, he is not hitting many or even any winners of it. He is not capable of combining pace and topspin (same reason, why his forehand is a rubbish shot for claycourts ). Andreev is.

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 05:00 AM
Roddick should win, but how about the growth spurt from Igor?

He's come along way since the start of the year, but he's not ready and doesn't have near the serve to compete with Roddick.

He's a small guy but you see backhands like Gaudio, Bracciali from small players. I can't judge in that aspect.

Roddick in straight sets seems reasonable.

Andreev might survive from the ground due to the speed, and can get lucky in a tiebreak.

Erm... Andreev is a small guy? Since when? :shrug: He's slender but is very well toned, and he's easily 6' :confused:

Perhaps I misunderstood you?

Tennis Fool
06-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Erm... Andreev is a small guy? Since when? :shrug: He's slender but is very well toned, and he's easily 6' :confused:

Perhaps I misunderstood you?
I think she meant his tennis has gotten better.

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 06:24 AM
I would have thought that too if not for this:

He's a small guy but you see backhands like Gaudio, Bracciali from small players.

:shrug:

misyou25
06-25-2005, 02:44 PM
probably roddick in 4 or 5
tennisfool, i like your signature about marat :D

Regenbogen
06-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Anything can happen at a Roddick match these days. :rolleyes: We fans have been enjoying the rollercoaster of our lives for the past year now. :lol:
you've got that right. unfortunately :scared:

Papakori
06-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Andreev!

Regenbogen
06-25-2005, 03:09 PM
roddick won the first set :yippee:

Tennis Fool
06-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Ok, Igor was no match :p

NYCtennisfan
06-25-2005, 06:13 PM
This was never going to be a match on grass although the last set was good.