Andy Roddick squeezes through [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy Roddick squeezes through

oneandonlyhsn
06-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Roddick defeats my pretty boy Bracciali. Good match, great fight by Bracciali but couldnt hold serve when it mattered the most.

Congrats ARod, Bracciali you deserve to be ranked higher you little fucker

aceit
06-24-2005, 04:28 PM
:o Finally...

Nice playing by Bracciali though!

C3PO
06-24-2005, 04:29 PM
I don't understand how Bracciali, 27, can be ranked 120th.. Trully impressive game :eek:

LLeytonRules
06-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Couldnt hold his serve.Thats big.I wish Hewitt wasnt on Federer's side of the draw.I think Roddick has a cakewalk!

Neely
06-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Good match by Bracciali from what I've seen of him. Now I understand better why this guy has beaten Karlovic two times within just a few weeks on grass.

Yeah, Andy! :clap2: Damn, that was a scare :o at least he won it at the end :yeah: First won five set match since AO 2004 against Safin I believe.

the cat
06-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Well done Andy. Atleast he didn't blow the match.

wipeout
06-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Bracciali has got a hell of a lot of power for a guy who's 5'9".

Fastest serve? 138 mph / 222 kph :eek:

Average 1st serve speed? 125 mph / 201 kph :worship:

Regenbogen
06-24-2005, 04:39 PM
yeah that sure turned into one heck of a match. wasn't expecting that (not that i minded it :) )

Becarina
06-24-2005, 04:39 PM
that was a scary one :scared:

Regenbogen
06-24-2005, 04:43 PM
the scary matches are the interesting ones! :yippee:

oneandonlyhsn
06-24-2005, 04:47 PM
the scary matches are the interesting ones! :yippee:

I have never enjoyed a Roddick match like I did this one, he had to play well to win it in the end. Bracciali I hope this gives him confidence to start playing better and more consistently coz he has so much talent

joeb_uk
06-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Bracciali has got a hell of a lot of power for a guy who's 5'9".

Fastest serve? 138 mph / 222 kph :eek:

Average 1st serve speed? 125 mph / 201 kph :worship:
Some good groundstrokes too! Also has some nice touch and skills around the net to add to that power :lol:

joeb_uk
06-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I have never enjoyed a Roddick match like I did this one, he had to play well to win it in the end. Bracciali I hope this gives him confidence to start playing better and more consistently coz he has so much talent
I dont really enjoy roddick matches either, the only ones i can remember for liking are the nalbandian matches (the acasuso match) and also this one :eek:

Saumon
06-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Q. He wasn't very happy about the fact that yesterday you packed your bags and you left the Centre Court. What happened? Did you tell him some bad words, because he said he couldn't understand too well, but he understood a bad word, F.

ANDY RODDICK: I have a question for you. Would you try reading in the dark? Would you read a book in the dark?

Q. Well, the thing was that he said it was 10 to 9.

ANDY RODDICK: Would you read a book in the dark?

Q. If I can read, yes.

ANDY RODDICK: You would read a book in the dark?

Q. When I can see it, yes.

ANDY RODDICK: How can you see a book in the dark?

Q. Come on. I'm telling you what he said.

ANDY RODDICK: I'm asking you a question. I'm going to get to my answer here in a second, if you give me an answer that is honest.

Q. You're saying it was dark. He's saying it wasn't dark. Don't ask me if I read a book in the dark. I don't care. I don't read a book not even in the light sometimes.

ANDY RODDICK: You should try it sometimes. It's good. You can't see the title of the book, that's the point.

:lol: :rolls: