Murray or Nalbandian? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray or Nalbandian?

willie
06-24-2005, 03:15 PM
its a nice match for being 3rd round, i think murray will fight at the start but at the end david will take the match, say in 4 sets. :)

joeb_uk
06-24-2005, 03:17 PM
David should take the kid to school in 3 easy sets, cant see murray has anything to harm nalbandian (and nalbandian should be to consistent and powerful for him). Hopefully scot boy will get a grasscourt lesson.

Purple Rainbow
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Murray will win a set on sheer willpower, but the better game and experience of Nalby will see him through easily! Nalbandian in 4.

Shabazza
06-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Murray will win a set on sheer willpower, but the better game and experience of Nalby will see him through easily! Nalbandian in 4.
I second that!

azza
06-24-2005, 04:15 PM
David will thrash Murray 6-4 6-1 6-2

-wokkel-
06-24-2005, 04:22 PM
David in three easy sets.

NATAS81
06-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Gonna say Nalbandian in 5.

But Murray has a very effective serve, though Nalbandian is a better returner.

Do not underestimate Murray.

I knew after the straight sets win vs Henman and 3rd set probable TB vs Johansson a couple of tourneys ago this kid had game.

Crowd will be behind him.

Nalbandian is more physically fit to last longer sets.

But Murray's serve should produce a TB at least once in first two sets.

PaulieM
06-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Nalbandian in 4 max :bigclap:

joeb_uk
06-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Come on, who voted for murray? reveal yourself :cool:

willie
06-24-2005, 06:30 PM
david is so confident he doesnt listen the interviewer:
Q. Assuming this match against Murray is on Centre Court where he hasn't played before, how difficult was it for you when you played your first match on Centre in a final to get used to the special atmosphere of the place?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I don't know. You have to ask him. :rolleyes: (...the question is for you david)

Q. But I mean for you. :banghead:

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I can't tell you for him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (...oh my god:bolt: )

Q. For you. :banghead: :banghead:

DAVID NALBANDIAN: For me, was tough because I was in the final and I never played before. So was two thing: the final and the Centre Court.

But, I mean, you must be nervous in the first few games, and then everything is going natural.

RoddickBabe10
06-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Nalby in 4.

*Ljubica*
06-24-2005, 06:56 PM
I've been to both David's matches at Wimbledon this week and he is playing very well - but the danger is that he could underestimate Murray, who will go out there with the crowd behind him and nothing to lose. The weather is forecast to be bad tomorrow so I guess that the constant disruptions will affect Murray more than David because he is less experienced, - but I am considerably worried about this match :eek: I voted for David in 4 - but David has had some really strange results this year and I wouldn't be shocked if Murray pulled off an upset.

As for David's interview - Willie - he wasn't over-confident at all - he just misunderstood the journalist's question. David speaks English relatively well, but he does have problems undestanding sometimes at Press Confedences, where everyone is firing questions at him at once (often in various different accents) and all the cameras are flashing. It's not that easy for him.

jazz_girl
06-24-2005, 07:00 PM
I voted David in 4, but who knows! Although, as Rosie said he has been playing well :)

silverwhite
06-24-2005, 07:02 PM
David :D

Aleksa's Laydee
06-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Andy in 5 :D

justClaudia
06-24-2005, 07:22 PM
I voted David in 4, but who knows! Although, as Rosie said he has been playing well :)

I voted 4 as well.

He has been playing well and it seems to me that he's very motiveted. :D

But everything is possible.

Scotso
06-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Murray in 3.

Black Adam
06-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Q. Assuming this match against Murray is on Centre Court where he hasn't played before, how difficult was it for you when you played your first match on Centre in a final to get used to the special atmosphere of the place?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I don't know. You have to ask him. :rolleyes: (...the question is for you david)

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I can't tell you for him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (...oh my god:bolt: )

DAVID NALBANDIAN: For me, was tough because I was in the final and I never played before. So was two thing: the final and the Centre Court.

But, I mean, you must be nervous in the first few games, and then everything is going natural.
:lol: :sobbing:

Paialii
06-24-2005, 09:37 PM

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I don't know. You have to ask him.

Q. But I mean for you.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I can't tell you for him.

Q. For you.

But, I mean, you must be nervous in the first few games, and then everything is going natural. ...

Heeelllloooo David? You awake? :wavey:

I hope he doesn't have that much trouble figuring out his game plan. :scared:

Denaon
06-24-2005, 09:46 PM
N A L B Y 4 :banana:

Trivial
06-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Its a classic case of...
My head says David, but my heart says Andy. So ive gone for Andy in 5; i have faith!

Clara Bow
06-24-2005, 10:46 PM

I agree with Rosie, I think that it is more that he didn't fully understand what they were asking. He still has some problems with understanding English questions in his interviews.

But his short answers when he is misinterpreting the questions crack me up.

I love David's interviews, they amuse me. He certainly doesn't try to flower up his answers. He calls things as he sees them...even if he is not seeing what the actual question is.

My heart and head say David in four. He needs a good showing at a GS to help him get out of the funk that he has been in the past few months.

Papakori
06-24-2005, 10:51 PM
MUrray in 5!

KoOlMaNsEaN
06-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Andy in 4.

joeb_uk
06-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Really looking forward to seeing this one, but being 3rd i really doubt it will be played :shrug: worst weather in england i have seen in my whole lifetime :eek: In eastbourne it was like a monsoon lol!!

Regenbogen
06-25-2005, 12:16 AM
nalbandian in 4

DanEd
06-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Nalbandian in 3, at least a break in each set.

Havok
06-25-2005, 12:52 AM
GO Andy! Really like this kid, lets beat the Yonex Ninja Turtle.:) Though he'll lose so blah whatever.

Leo
06-25-2005, 05:12 AM

:lol: At least he tries his conferences in English.

oneandonlyhsn
06-25-2005, 06:05 AM
I am going to go out in a limb and say Murray in 3. The kid has a good game and Davids serve will be punished by Murray, he has a solid return game so will see I guess.

YoursTruly
06-25-2005, 06:18 AM
There are better matches and better players that day

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Then why not make a thread about those matches? :shrug:

ugotlobbed
06-25-2005, 06:23 AM
David should win if he is playing well

vincayou
06-25-2005, 09:36 AM
I said David in 3, but I have no idea really as I have never seen Murray playing. The way he has beaten Stepanek was impressive. I was assuming he was overhyped because he was brittish but it seems I was wrong.

disturb3d
06-25-2005, 09:41 AM
There are better matches and better players that dayThe only players with more talent than Nalbandian; are Gasquet and Federer.

alexito
06-25-2005, 05:48 PM
murray is very very good. only 18 age in court central, no nerve. I hope win murray. most funny for wimbledon.

tiger_tim
06-25-2005, 05:57 PM
2 sets to murray!awesome

Swider
06-25-2005, 05:58 PM
David in 3????????????????????????????????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Doume
06-25-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't know but richard is ready to beat anyone so murray or nalbandian....

silverwhite
06-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I don't fancy Richard's chances against a partisan crowd. :scared:

BaselineSmash
06-25-2005, 06:57 PM
David should take the kid to school in 3 easy sets, cant see murray has anything to harm nalbandian (and nalbandian should be to consistent and powerful for him). Hopefully scot boy will get a grasscourt lesson.

I have the benefit of seeing how well Murray has been able to perform in this match; but if I'd read this post earlier i.e. before the match, I still wouldn't have hesitated to highlight the idiocy of it. In beating Stepanek in straights, Murray made it clear that Nalbandian wouldn't have an easy ride. Although the outcome of this contest remains very much in doubt.

Regenbogen
06-25-2005, 07:13 PM
oh no. 5th set :(

sigmagirl91
06-25-2005, 07:13 PM
We're headed to a fifth.

alejandrita
06-25-2005, 07:15 PM
mURRAY!!! He has all the public in favor, They will help him to get his confidence.. Nalbandian is not good as he used to be.

Regenbogen
06-25-2005, 07:17 PM
i think nalbandian's gonna win this. murray's too inexperienced.

Swider
06-25-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm very sad/angry. The boy's just wearing away :sad:
It was SO close in 4th set.

Scotso
06-25-2005, 07:18 PM
poor Murray choked it :(

Douggie Style
06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Didn't choke, he's just not fit enough

Scotso
06-25-2005, 07:31 PM
he choked.

ys
06-25-2005, 07:32 PM
David is clearly outfatting this skinny boy right now...

Swider
06-25-2005, 07:39 PM
he choked.

Yeah, because he has no breath.

Too bad for him that he slept in th 3rd set. But in 4th and 5th it's question of muscles, no brain.

joeb_uk
06-25-2005, 07:40 PM
This is turning into a comedy show :lol: murray is putting it on so badly.

Scotso
06-25-2005, 07:41 PM
I hope they don't rip poor Andrew too much in the papers :(

he did well for a little guy ranked 300-something.

joeb_uk
06-25-2005, 07:44 PM
I hope they don't rip poor Andrew too much in the papers :(

he did well for a little guy ranked 300-something.
They wont, you can bet they will bum him and say he was the better player and lost only because he wasnt fit enough.

whorehand
06-25-2005, 07:47 PM
They wont, you can bet they will bum him and say he was the better player and lost only because he wasnt fit enough.

Which is completely true :)

Scotso
06-25-2005, 09:44 PM

Yeup

sigmagirl91
06-25-2005, 09:52 PM

They'll do that now, but if it continues to be a problem, then the press will rip him to pieces. Fair enough?

joeb_uk
06-25-2005, 10:35 PM
They'll do that now, but if it continues to be a problem, then the press will rip him to pieces. Fair enough?
Exactly, and yes its fair (if he isnt improving his terrible fitness)

DanEd
06-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Murray just got tired in the fifth set.

Q. How are you feeling after your physical ordeal, first of all?

ANDREW MURRAY: A bit tired. Little bit disappointed. But I'm just very tired. My legs are really, really knackered. I couldn't move towards the end.

Q. You looked completely hacked off, still do actually. Was it the disappointment of being so close and then it getting away from you?

ANDREW MURRAY: No, it was just I was annoyed that I couldn't keep going in the fifth set because I thought I was running around very well in the fourth set. It was after the ‑‑ it was the first game of the fifth set where I really started to feel tired, and my right butt was ‑‑ when I went for a wide ball or tried to move or when he served wide to my forehand and I put pressure on it, my whole leg just, like, went because I had no power there. I was so tired.

Q. When did that start?

ANDREW MURRAY: Uhm...

Q. Saw you stretching earlier on.

ANDREW MURRAY: Yeah, but it wasn't like ‑‑ it wasn't anything bad. It was just the more the match went on, I did a lot of running and I worked very hard. I just got tired towards the end.

garylanders
06-26-2005, 01:38 PM

Yeah right :)