Welcome to the final, Mr. Roddick. Too early for this thread? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Welcome to the final, Mr. Roddick. Too early for this thread?

Rosa Luxembourg
06-24-2005, 03:52 AM
If it is, who in the bottom part could realistically intervene?

Nalbandian? Anyone else?

oneandonlyhsn
06-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Nobody, he is going to blast them all off the court :D

disturb3d
06-24-2005, 04:02 AM
Gasquet, Nalbandian, Coria, Grosjean, Bracciali; can all defeat Rodlick.

The winner of Gasquet vs Nalbandian will go on to face the winner of Safin vs Federer in the final. Most likely...

wipeout
06-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Andy's draw is like a grassy field covered with daisies that slopes gently to the final.

Meanwhile, Marat in particular has a draw which looks like a Mount Everest made of tennis players.

I just hope whoever gets through the top half of the draw isn't so worn out that Andy gets an easy final as well.

Deboogle!.
06-24-2005, 04:19 AM
I just hope whoever gets through the top half of the draw isn't so worn out that Andy gets an easy final as well.Don't worry, Roger could beat Andy with one hand tied behind his back and his legs tied together, don't you know?

anyway, yes, I do think it's too early. Perhaps on paper it seems like he should get to the final because he has done so well on grass the past few years, but the way Andy's been playing lately, especially mentally, it's too early to say anything. :retard: :( :smash: :o :mad:

DanEd
06-24-2005, 04:29 AM
Nalbandian, Gasquet, Mirnyi,Coria (yes coria, you read ok) and grosjean agree it is too early for this thread

Becarina
06-24-2005, 04:32 AM
Don't worry, Roger could beat Andy with one hand tied behind his back and his legs tied together, don't you know?

Don't forget blindfolded :p

oneandonlyhsn
06-24-2005, 04:42 AM
Don't worry, Roger could beat Andy with one hand tied behind his back and his legs tied together, don't you know?

anyway, yes, I do think it's too early. Perhaps on paper it seems like he should get to the final because he has done so well on grass the past few years, but the way Andy's been playing lately, especially mentally, it's too early to say anything. :retard: :( :smash: :o :mad:

You guys are just being ridiculous, Andy I think this year has the best chance of beating Federer. When you watch his interviews you can tell he is really hungry to win and to prove himself. I cant say whether he will or not coz he can get a bit mental but if he were to ever win I think this is his year.

Having said that, since I am more a Fed and Safin fan I would love for them to win it, but these 2 will have to face each other first before facing Andy so its a pretty good year at Wimby for the Duck

tennischick
06-24-2005, 04:43 AM
i admire bold predictions -- i lack the courage to make them myself ;)

Devotee
06-24-2005, 05:32 AM
Andy's draw is like a grassy field covered with daisies that slopes gently to the final.

Meanwhile, Marat in particular has a draw which looks like a Mount Everest made of tennis players.

I just hope whoever gets through the top half of the draw isn't so worn out that Andy gets an easy final as well.

Don't make too many assumptions ahead of time. Remember Coria's easy draw at RG? Apparently Andy has struggled so far in his 2nd. round match. I didn't even watch it because I thought Andy would blow his opponent away. When I looked at the scoreline later on, I was stunned!

fangirl
06-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Don't forget blindfolded :p

And an adoring Jesusfed fangirl attached to his leg.

Puschkin
06-24-2005, 07:48 AM

:haha:

As for the question. I am not so sure, things might look easier on paper than in reality as Bracciali has demontrated so far.

oneandonlyhsn
06-24-2005, 08:11 AM

Can I be that girl :D. Roger supposedly smells really good :drool:

Puschkin
06-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Can I be that girl :D. Roger supposedly smells really good :drool:

Think about it , TWICE! :p

Yoel and co.
06-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Seb will take care of business, just like he did in his last 6 matches vs duck :)

Anouk10
06-24-2005, 10:59 AM
not mentioned in this thread, but probably his next opponent: Igor Andreev of Russia. very good serve + a killing forehand. last player to beat Rafael Nadal on clay. when his forehand is on fire, Andy has to watch out. Igor can give him a very good run for his money.

wipeout
06-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Don't make too many assumptions ahead of time. Remember Coria's easy draw at RG? Apparently Andy has struggled so far in his 2nd. round match. I didn't even watch it because I thought Andy would blow his opponent away. When I looked at the scoreline later on, I was stunned!

I wasn't being entirely serious but I think we'd all still say, though, that Andy is the favourite for this half of the draw. :)

Bilbo
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
and what do we all have for another federer-roddick final? nothing. we all know roger will kick his ass. anybody but roddick in the final is fine for me.

Gonzo Hates Me!
06-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Gasquet?? :rolleyes: he ain't THAT ready

Andy will get to the finals. Let's all get over it right now :D Go Andy!

Experimentee
06-24-2005, 12:35 PM
I really dont see anyone stopping Andy before the final. His half was always the weaker half from the start. I didnt expect Henman to get up to him. The only legitimate threat to Roddick reaching the final is Grosjean. He can play really well on grass and can trouble Roddick if he returns well.

disturb3d
06-24-2005, 12:43 PM
I really dont see anyone stopping Andy before the final. His half was always the weaker half from the start. I didnt expect Henman to get up to him. The only legitimate threat to Roddick reaching the final is Grosjean. He can play really well on grass and can trouble Roddick if he returns well.Grosjean hasn't beaten Roddick since 2002.
On paper, Nalbandian is the largest possiblity of Roddick's defeat.

Yoel and co.
06-24-2005, 12:44 PM
The only legitimate threat to Roddick reaching the final is Grosjean. He can play really well on grass and can trouble Roddick if he returns well.

I would love to agree with you, but Seb has played Roddick in the last 3 Queens tournaments and has yet to take a set

mitalidas
06-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Gasquet, Nalbandian, Coria, Grosjean, Bracciali; can all defeat Rodlick.

The winner of Gasquet vs Nalbandian will go on to face the winner of Safin vs Federer in the final. Most likely...
so far safin is not doing so well against F Lo

Golfnduck
06-24-2005, 12:59 PM
You guys are just being ridiculous, Andy I think this year has the best chance of beating Federer. When you watch his interviews you can tell he is really hungry to win and to prove himself. I cant say whether he will or not coz he can get a bit mental but if he were to ever win I think this is his year.

Having said that, since I am more a Fed and Safin fan I would love for them to win it, but these 2 will have to face each other first before facing Andy so its a pretty good year at Wimby for the Duck
This is true :yeah: But it might be a little early for this thread. It's only the 2nd/3rd round.

PamV
06-24-2005, 12:59 PM
If it is, who in the bottom part could realistically intervene?

Nalbandian? Anyone else?

Well in the top quarter of the bottom there's Johansson, Murray, Nalbandian, Gasquet and Muller. Those guys can play on grass and will be fun to watch......however only one of them would have to face Roddick in the SF. Even then none of them would seem to be much of a challenge. In Roddick's quarter currently Tursunov looks like the toughest grass court player but could he string together 3 more good matches?

How is it that Roddick always gets these easy draws?

PamV
06-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Nalbandian, Gasquet, Mirnyi,Coria (yes coria, you read ok) and grosjean agree it is too early for this thread

Don't forget that Gasquet, Mirnyi (and Murray, Johansson, Muller) are not in Roddick's quarter.....so he'd only have to beat one guy who makes it through that group. His own quarter is easy.

Roddick is 6-1 over Grosjean. Grosjean might like to play on grass.....but he can't bother Roddick. The one time that Grosjean beat Roddick was on clay. LOL!

Paialii
06-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Coria is 0-4 against Roddick, and Roddick is much more dangerous on grass than Coria. Grosjean is what, 1-6 against Roddick? Guys like Gasquet and Murray are, in my opinion, too inexperienced to really pose much of a threat to Andy; Andy's won Queens the last three years consecutively and made it to the finals last year. I don't think either of them will make it that far, but props if they do. Andy would only have to beat one of them.

Assuming Andy gets by today, I think he'll want to make it to the semis a little easier than what his 2nd round turned out to be.

Deboogle!.
06-24-2005, 01:21 PM
not mentioned in this thread, but probably his next opponent: Igor Andreev of Russia. very good serve + a killing forehand. last player to beat Rafael Nadal on clay. when his forehand is on fire, Andy has to watch out. Igor can give him a very good run for his money.In theory, but look at Andreev's grass results. He was beaten 6-4 6-4 by Karlovic just a couple weeks ago, and by the same or very similar score by Guccione the week before that, and he's never had a particularly good win on the surface.

disturb3d
06-24-2005, 01:26 PM
so far safin is not doing so well against F LoThe bastards are showing the Leyton match. I have no idea what's going on with Safin.

Experimentee
06-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I was thinking that Grosjean could beat Roddick based on his game, but I didnt know that he was 1-6 against him. Maybe not then, but theres always a first time, and the potential is there in his game.
I dont think Nalbandian can trouble Roddick this year. He hasnt had good results lately and is a bit underdone.
Mirnyi seems to be in good form. I'd give him a chance if they meet.

JuchuPati
06-24-2005, 01:40 PM
The bastards are showing the Leyton match. I have no idea what's going on with Safin.

Marat just lost the 2nd set as well. :eek:

im really surprised cos Feliciano is playing good. :confused:

oneandonlyhsn
06-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Marat just lost the 2nd set as well. :eek:

im really surprised cos Feliciano is playing good. :confused:

Feli played a very smart match, forced Safin to have to make almost incrediblepassing shots. Plus that lefty powerful serve got him out of trouble if he was down

mitalidas
06-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Flo played Roger very well in 2003 (Roger almost retired due to his back injury, but having won the TB pulled through)

hey, maybe everyone's been focussing on the wrong Spaniard to do well at Wimbledon

JuchuPati
06-24-2005, 02:12 PM
hey, maybe everyone's been focussing on the wrong Spaniard to do well at Wimbledon

well, Feliciano has always been the only spaniard who could do well in Wimbly.