Was Rafa Fined? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Was Rafa Fined?

JaredPalmerFan
06-24-2005, 12:35 AM
I just got this email tonight. Not sure how true this is, but I can't find out anywhere else and I thought i'd come here to ask. The place of all knowledge :) Here it is anyway:

Rafa is going have to pay 5.000 euros because of his behavior at court in Wimbledon. It seems that players and the organization of the tourney dont like the way he gets when he's celebrating a point or so.

Do you think its true? I mean, I know his antics on court are not for everyone. Much like when Hewitt does it, not everyone likes it when he does it either. But to fine Rafa? It seems a bit harsh!

Oh well...

Jac

DanEd
06-24-2005, 12:38 AM
i do not think so

joseluismb
06-24-2005, 12:43 AM
I guess people are relating his celebrations to Hewitt's... but come on, Rafa has NEVER messed with an opponent.

Unlike Hewitt...

(though, I reckon Lleyton rules lol)

Fee
06-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Did you also get the email that says if you forward it to all of your friends Bill Gates will send you a check?

Seriously, if a Top 5 player was going to get a fine for something like that, it would be all over the place, especially here because just about all of us would be insulting the very idea of it.

JaredPalmerFan
06-24-2005, 12:50 AM
What do you mean Rafa has never messed with an apponent? Sorry for not understanding your meaning :) Please forgive me...

Jac

JaredPalmerFan
06-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Nah, didn't get that email *LOL* But yes Fee, I totally agree with you...especially since I didn't find an article to go with it anywhere. But I was basically just asking to see if anyone else heard about it. That's all :)

Jac

noodles24
06-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Until there's something on the Wimbledon site or at least, some links to articles on this, I seriously doubt it. That's like 6 times the amount of Safin's fine for breaking the Perrier sign at RG. I haven't heard anyone really make a serious complaint on Nadal's celebrations (which don't seem to warrant that heavy amount of a fine in the first place, imo). :o

megadeth
06-24-2005, 12:57 AM
if that was true, hewitt would be broke by now... :p

JaredPalmerFan
06-24-2005, 12:58 AM
LOL@megadeth...

mitalidas
06-24-2005, 01:15 AM
5 euros??

the ATP wouldn't waste its time for 5 euros

Fee
06-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Nah, didn't get that email *LOL* But yes Fee, I totally agree with you...especially since I didn't find an article to go with it anywhere. But I was basically just asking to see if anyone else heard about it. That's all :)

Jac

Tell whoever sent you the email that we all said :ras:
:D

jtipson
06-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Rafa is going have to pay 5.000 euros because of his behavior at court in Wimbledon. It seems that players and the organization of the tourney dont like the way he gets when he's celebrating a point or so.

Do you think its true?

No. Wimbledon wouldn't fine players in euros - they'd rather die.

alexito
06-24-2005, 12:41 PM
yes hewittttttttt come onnnnnnnnnn
nadal is wonderfull
no good in grass
federer no is good in RG

liptea
06-24-2005, 02:32 PM
5 euros??

the ATP wouldn't waste its time for 5 euros

no, it's 5,000. They use a period instead of a comma.