Haas' injury will keep him out longer than expected [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Haas' injury will keep him out longer than expected

RogerRocks
06-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Unfortunetly, I only found german articles to share. It says his injury was diagnosed with a torn ankle ligament. It's the middle one (CFL). It'll keep him out at least 6 weeks.

http://www.freiepresse.de/TEXTE/NACHRICHTEN/SPORT/TENNIS/TEXTE/259866.html

Sechs Wochen Zwangspause für Tommy Haas

Tennisprofi Tommy Haas

Schlechte Nachrichten für Tennisprofi Tommy Haas: bei seinem Erstrundenauftritt bei den 119. All England Championships in Wimbledon hat sich der 27-Jährige einen Bänderriss im rechten Knöchel zugezogen. Das ergab die Diagnose in einem Londoner Krankenhaus, nachdem Haas zunächst von einer Bänderdehnung ausgegangen war. "Das mittlere Band ist gerissen. Ich muss sechs Wochen pausieren. Die Diagnose ist schockierend", sagte Haas der Bild-Zeitung nach einer erneuten Untersuchung am Donnerstag.

Der gebürtige Hamburger war beim Einspielen vor seinem Match gegen Janko Tipsarevic (Serbien und Montenegro) nach einem Aufschlag auf einen im Feld liegenden Ball getreten und umgeknickt. Haas versuchte zwar, das Match zu bestreiten, gab jedoch nach 39 Minuten beim Stand von 2:6, 1:2 auf.

Fee
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ........

Space Cowgirl
06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Poor Tommy, :sad: what a shit way to get injured too. Saw it on tv and it looked scary :unsure:

JMG
06-23-2005, 08:56 PM
So he will miss his favourite part of the season. :rolleyes: Hope he can play US Open and Daviscup at least. His ankle was too swolen in London to see the whole injury or what!?

LaTenista
06-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Poor Tommy! Same thing happened to me (torn ankle ligament) and I was in an air-cast on my right foot for about 6 or 7 weeks. I hope he's able to play the Master Series events in Montreal and Cincy.

Side note: This incident has made me realize why my tennis instructor is constantly yelling at us to move the balls around us away from the court.

tangerine_dream
06-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Poor Tommy, :sad: what a shit way to get injured too. Saw it on tv and it looked scary :unsure:
I'm glad I missed it. But what happened exactly? Did a ballkid let a ball get away from him and Tommy accidentally stepped on it? Poor Tommy, what crummy luck for him. :sad:

joeb_uk
06-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Apparently tangy the ball rolled as he was doing the service action :shrug: (bounced off somewhere from jankos practice serve).

Deboogle!.
06-23-2005, 09:26 PM
ohmygosh.... :(:(:(:(:(

Bilbo
06-23-2005, 09:59 PM
It wasn't possible to take the ball away as it rolled to him while he was serving

Carito_90
06-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Aw that sucks :(

Deboogle!.
06-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Oh wait, this means he will probably miss LA.... damnit. :sad:

Fee
06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
yes it does, hence my scream. You may not have a visitor that week after all. :sad:

gsm
06-24-2005, 12:55 AM
why dont pro players wear ankle braces , like hewitt and mirza?

i suspect that tommy will be wearing a brace in future.

i also tore a ligament in my foot and it swelled just like tommys , in the same place and had same amount of swelling , did it while playing skirmish.

i have had physio and do exercises/massage and it is still not 100% , been 7 months now.

i suppose tommy will have world class treatment etc... so perhaps his will heal a lot quicker than mine.

lets hope he is back on court before the USO , fingers crossed.