Will Henman Hill be renamed as Murray Mountain? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Henman Hill be renamed as Murray Mountain?

KarstenBraasch#1
06-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Well?

Clara Bow
06-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Or Murray Mound. But I do see a renaming as the torch is passed in the next couple of years.

allanah
I heard on the radio that they might also call it Murray Field. Murrayfield is a rugby stadium in Scotland, I think.

joeb_uk
I actually think this is a bad idea to be honest, this hill is actually a waste of tickets. Tickets that could be used for people going onto the outside courts (and for the people who queue to get in) are being wasted on idiots that would rather watch tennis on a screen than live tennis :eek:

Unless they take into account the capacity of the hill lol?

My suggestion, rip down the screen and build a new court on there!

KarstenBraasch#1
06-23-2005, 08:17 PM
I actually think this is a bad idea to be honest, this hill is actually a waste of tickets. Tickets that could be used for people going onto the outside courts (and for the people who queue to get in) are being wasted on idiots that would rather watch tennis on a screen than live tennis :eek:

Unless they take into account the capacity of the hill lol?

My suggestion, rip down the screen and build a new court on there!
I agree.

joeb_uk
06-23-2005, 08:21 PM
I mean if you queued for 3-5 hours and then got told there were no tickets left (and then you see these henman monkeys on henman hill not watching any of the tennis, only watching it on the screen) you wouldnt be happy at all would you :sad:

Scotso
06-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Joeb, I'm as anti-Henmania as you, but I don't knock the fact that they do this. If they want to pay the money and watch on a screen, that's fine. It's more about the atmosphere than anything. He's their hope, so if they can't get into THAT stadium they want to watch it on the screen.

If we limited ticket sales to only "true" tennis fans, our sport would die.

joeb_uk
06-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Joeb, I'm as anti-Henmania as you, but I don't knock the fact that they do this. If they want to pay the money and watch on a screen, that's fine. It's more about the atmosphere than anything. He's their hope, so if they can't get into THAT stadium they want to watch it on the screen.

If we limited ticket sales to only "true" tennis fans, our sport would die.
I am not talking just tennis fans (the fans who go to the tournament for a day are great, it may even get them into being a permanent fan of the sport, so i dont think limiting to only tennis fans is good). Its just the people who only watch on screen i have a problem with, just a waste of tickets i feel. You want the noise, buy some 5.1/dts speakers and invite your friends round to cheer on tiger :lol:

Castafiore
06-23-2005, 10:14 PM
I'd hate to be in the place of Henman during the highpoint of henmania and now Murray is facing Murraymania.

Murray seems to have both his feet on the ground and he seems focussed but I hope that will remain the case once the hype gets on its way.

Good luck to the guy!

tennischick
06-23-2005, 11:14 PM
I am not talking just tennis fans (the fans who go to the tournament for a day are great, it may even get them into being a permanent fan of the sport, so i dont think limiting to only tennis fans is good). Its just the people who only watch on screen i have a problem with, just a waste of tickets i feel. You want the noise, buy some 5.1/dts speakers and invite your friends round to cheer on tiger :lol:
i remember the first time i went to the USO. on the first day i had bought only a day pass so i could not get into Arthur Ashe. Serena was playing and by the time i went to get a ticket, the match was already sold out. i was truly grateful for the video screens set up outside. i sat by the food courts and watched the entire match on screen. it wasn't Henman Hill or Murray's Mound but it was a lot of fun.

don't knock it til you've tried it. ;)

azinna
06-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Henman Hill is great. Adds to the festival atmosphere.

And seating at the various courts is packed as it is. There have been times that I'm glad a good chunk of folks are settled out on Henman Hill. The wait for courtside seating (and standing) is that much shorter, I guess.

azza
06-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Murray Overated. maybe?

star
06-24-2005, 04:35 AM
Since he's a Scot, I think Murray Moor would be a great name. :)

MissMoJo
06-24-2005, 04:43 AM
At this point, i think 'Murray Molehill' is most appropriate

wipeout
06-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Fair-weather Hill ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
06-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Murrays Mount :D

or Murrayfield ;)