Roddick vs Grosjean

SFs
Fed vs Safin
Gasquet vs Roddick

Final

Fed to win over Roddick

deliveryman
06-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Roddick's draw has completely opened up. If Roddick doesn't make the final... LOL

JustmeUK
06-24-2005, 08:40 AM
yup there's really no one who should seriously threaten Roddick left in the bottom half of the draw. I'm hoping Gasquet but it may be too soon on grass for him.

oneandonlyhsn
06-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Other than Roddick I cant predict with certainty anyone else :shrug:. I'm hoping that Fed will join him in the final but his draw has a lot of tough players so its not a sure prediction.

Halba
06-24-2005, 11:41 AM
well look roddick might get bundled out before that..he still has a match to complete

iliketennis
06-24-2005, 12:58 PM
And Sebie will be waiting for him in the QF's :cool:

Scotso
06-24-2005, 09:37 PM
QFs

Federer def. Youzhny
Ancic def. Hewitt
Gasquet def. T.Johansson
Roddick def. Djokovic

SFs

Federer def. Ancic
Gasquet def. Roddick

F

Federer def. Gasquet

Paialii
06-24-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm not all that impressed with Gasquet's play on grass. I don't see him taking a set off of Roddick should they meet. Roddick and Fed in finals.

Scotso
06-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm not all that impressed with Gasquet's play on grass. I don't see him taking a set off of Roddick should they meet. Roddick and Fed in finals.

Yes, winning a title on grass over Mirnyi losing only 5 games is not impressive at all.

And Roddick beating an Italian well out of the top 100 in 5 tight sets just swells me with confidence.

mitalidas
06-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Yes, winning a title on grass over Mirnyi losing only 5 games is not impressive at all.

And Roddick beating an Italian well out of the top 100 in 5 tight sets just swells me with confidence.

:lol:

NYCtennisfan
06-24-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm not all that impressed with Gasquet's play on grass.

How so? Everything in his game suggests that he should be really good on grass. Good serve, good FH, great BH, good volleys, good movement, excellent shotmaking ability. He may not make it to a SF with Roddick but his game HAS been impressive.

Paialii
06-24-2005, 09:54 PM
How so? Everything in his game suggests that he should be really good on grass. Good serve, good FH, great BH, good volleys, good movement, excellent shotmaking ability. He may not make it to a SF with Roddick but his game HAS been impressive.

M'kay, a great overall game but I don't it's to the point yet where he can take out someone like Roddick, Ancic or Federer on the lawns of Wimbledon. Not this year anyhow.

Paialii
06-24-2005, 09:56 PM

All of Andy's matches are tight; he refuses to even try on return games unless he's already been broken. However, this "Italian well out of the top 100" was by far going for broke on just about everything in that third set especially and it was paying off when it most counted. Those kind of shots could have taken a set from anyone.

I'm not taking anything away from Gasquet -- a great player, just not sure if he's ready to compete with the big big grass boys. :)

Fedex
06-24-2005, 09:58 PM
M'kay, a great overall game but I don't it's to the point yet where he can take out someone like Roddick, Ancic or Federer on the lawns of Wimbledon. Not this year anyhow.
Gasquet has the game to win on grass, but lack of experience will hurt him if he gets into the 2nd week.

Fedex
06-24-2005, 10:00 PM

:lol: :haha:
I have to give credit to Bracciali though; he played really well.

Regenbogen
06-25-2005, 12:22 AM
you might think i'm insane but i think that will sorta help roddick...'_'

GoranIvanisevic546346
06-25-2005, 01:09 AM
QF
Youznhy def. Kiefer
Ancic def. Dent
Nalbandian def. T.Johansson
Grosjean def. Roddick

SF
Ancic def. Youzhny
Nalbandian def. Grosjean

Finals