Dmitry Tursunov is a hottie!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Dmitry Tursunov is a hottie!!!

martinatreue
06-23-2005, 04:55 PM
This guy is soooo sexy to me. But it annoys me when they keep saying that he's a redhead! :mad: He's a strawberry blond! Not a redhead!

And he is so hot and masculine. :drool:

Tricky_Forehand
06-23-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't know about being that attractive and all that but I am so glad to see him getting into better form again.

STAY AWAY INJURIES!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Chloe le Bopper
06-23-2005, 05:09 PM
He's no ugger, but your taste is seirously questionable. Oh well, at least you didn't ask this one to sit on your face.

Saumon
06-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I saw him practicing with Verdasco and then with Safin at RG :p

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-23-2005, 05:22 PM
he's gay

NYCtennisfan
06-23-2005, 05:33 PM
^Why do you say that? Just curious...

MariaV
06-23-2005, 06:04 PM
He is married btw.

mitalidas
06-23-2005, 06:36 PM
he looks like a taller kolya with his hat on

joeb_uk
06-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Hottie? i wouldnt even class him as good looking, not to mention he has ginger hair :tape:

martinatreue
06-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Hottie? i wouldnt even class him as good looking, not to mention he has ginger hair :tape:

ginger? i would call that strawberry blonde. Which just drives me nuts. I love blondes and redheads. and yes he could sit on my face.

Chloe, you have Nadal as your avatar. Please don't tell me that that creature is attractive in your eyes. he's grody. :o

Chloe le Bopper
06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure why having Nadal as my avatar has to mean that I think he's hot.

SwissMister1
06-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Take a look at this Russian symbol of hotness:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playersearch=Schukin%2C+Yuri

Lovin' the unibrow.

joycomesmorning
06-24-2005, 06:47 PM
From another board: Article about Tursunov at:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/artspander/ci_2816687

Two for the price of one :) (Sorry for piggy-backing on Tursunov's thread) At the same reference, an article about the travails of Andy Roddick:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/artspander/ci_2821742

Scotso
06-24-2005, 09:25 PM
I think he's cute, too. Did you guys see him in the "Wake up with Wimbledon" thing? He looked very, very cute there.

mad1town
06-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't know about the hottie junk, but Tursunov's hair looks blondish to me.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/bios/ms/atpt315.html

BelgianWaffle
06-24-2005, 09:36 PM
not hot. But speaks english v. good :p

binkygirl
06-25-2005, 04:49 AM
He's no ugger, but your taste is seirously questionable. Oh well, at least you didn't ask this one to sit on your face.

Lol, Chloe!! ;)

I don't think he's hot at all. He's just average to me.

binkygirl
06-25-2005, 04:51 AM

Ginger hair can look good. Take a look at Nalbandian.

Leo
06-25-2005, 04:56 AM
His hair is definitely blonde. And who doesn't love blonde curls?

Go Dmitry!

star
06-25-2005, 05:03 AM
Ginger hair can look good. Take a look at Nalbandian.

That wouldn't be an example to convince. :lol:

Tursunov is ten times better looking than Nalbandian -- Plus his body is nice.

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 05:24 AM
What is wrong with strawberry blonde hair? :shrug:

Okay, I gettyed him and didn't come up with much. Does anybody have off court photos? He didn't stand out to me on court - that is all I meant by my post. So this thread seemed totally random, hence my snark. If somebody has offcourt photos, I'd love to see them

star
06-25-2005, 05:32 AM
I don't think Tursunov photographs very well. But in person he's nice looking and has a very nice slender body. He's not someone I would swoon over, but he's a nice looking guy.

Some people photograph better than they look in real life. I love pictures of Ancic, but in person, I don't think he is that great. Tommy Robredo, however, looks much better in real life than he does in photos -- imo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41231000/jpg/_41231207_ancic_getty.jpg
I think this is a gorgeous photo.

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 05:41 AM
That is a great photo. Ancic has very beautiful expressive eyes. I hadn't really noticed he was better in photo - I'll reconsider this in Montreal in a few weeks.

drf716
06-25-2005, 05:43 AM
is dmitri the one trying to be a us citizen?

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 05:43 AM
is dmitri the one trying to be a us citizen?
He was not too long ago - I assume that he still is.

alelysafina
06-25-2005, 08:45 AM
then why is he playing for russia?

Chloe le Bopper
06-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Because he's a citizen of Russia still? I don't really know how that works. Can you play for a country that you aren't a citizen of? I mean in regular ATP play, not DC.

Papakori
06-25-2005, 09:04 AM
I googled Dmitry and thanks these images off court of him:

http://www.sacmag.com/archive/October2004/images/snapshots/October2004/tennis3.jpg
(It said Dmitry was the man on the right)

and this one also of him

http://www.higueras-gorin.com/images/staff/dmitry_tursunov.jpg

iliketennis
06-25-2005, 09:07 AM
As hot as Radek Stepanek and Micheal Llodra :haha:

Saumon
06-25-2005, 01:08 PM
With Marat :tape:

http://img201.echo.cx/img201/4375/sanstitre2sn1.png

JMG
06-25-2005, 06:01 PM
I must say I was surprised what a cheater Tursunov can be on the court.

At 3-all in the 2nd set and 15-15 on Popp's serve, Tursunov ran to a dropshot and touched the net before the ball bounced twice. So the umpire said "30-15". Then Tursunov said to him "I touched the net after the ball bounced twice" and the umpire said "15-30". So Tursunov made the decision for the umpire. And Popp couldn't do anything against it. It was easy to see in the replay that it was Popp's point.

GermanBoy
06-25-2005, 06:03 PM
he's gay

Who has said that? :confused:

smucav
06-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Because he's a citizen of Russia still? I don't really know how that works. Can you play for a country that you aren't a citizen of? I mean in regular ATP play, not DC.I think the ATP just lists players by the country of their citizenships.

Tursunov has lived in California since 1995 (& has only been to Russia once since then.) He applied for his U.S. citizenship several years ago, but it has been held up for unknown reasons. (I remember him talking about this at the 2003 U.S. Open after he defeated Guga; he had been waiting several years then.) Here's an article from April 2004 about the situation:

The Houston Chronicle
April 16, 2004, Friday 3 STAR EDITION
SPORTS; Pg. 16

Tursunov remains patient; Russian-born immigrant still waiting to become U.S. citizen

BYLINE: DALE ROBERTSON

The Russian who wants to be an American defeated the Russian-American 6-2, 3-6, 6-2 during the second round at the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships on Thursday afternoon.

What's in a hyphen? A lot if you're Dmitry Tursunov.

Tursunov beat Alex Bogomolov Jr., who was born in Moscow 21 years ago next week. Tursunov was born in Moscow 22 years ago in December. But "Bogie," whose father, Alex Sr., was once the Soviet Union's national coach, has his U.S. citizenship, while Tursunov's quest for same drags on.

In fact, it has been in the works since Tursunov was 13 years old, a year after he left his family behind and emigrated to work with an expatriate Russian tennis coach in the San Francisco Bay area. There were problems with his first lawyer, and then 9/11 happened, greatly slowing the process. But all the paperwork is completed, and Tursunov waits patiently.

"I have no choice except to be patient," says Tursunov, a U.S. resident for so long he doesn't have any perceptible accent. "I've learned I can't change anything by worrying. I already spent too much time worrying."

And there's no reason to fret, he has concluded. After all, this isn't about rejecting Russia as a country or a culture, only about embracing the country and the culture in which he has grown up. Given his druthers, he'd prefer there were no passports and no faceless bureaucracies to dispense them.

"You should be judged by what kind of person you are and what you can do," he said. "Not by a piece of paper that you carry."

However, there are those back in the "old country" who are deeply offended by Tursunov's efforts to swap out his citizenship. It has been written that he is "persona non grata" in Russia, where he hasn't visited in eight years. Asked about that, he shrugs and says he doesn't know how Russian people feel about him because there is virtually no personal contact. The "broken phone" syndrome, he calls it, smiling.

"The Russian Tennis Federation never reached out to me after I left," he said. "I don't say that with any bitterness but just to state a fact. Perhaps for them, it was an opportunity missed. I don't know. It doesn't matter anymore. I have my life and my tennis in the United States."

Once, that seemed a huge loss for Russia. Two months after he turned 18, Tursunov won the first three matches of his ATP career in Memphis, Tenn., after winning 15 in a row on the Futures and Challengers circuits. But after Mark Philippoussis beat him in the quarters, his back started aching. He didn't play another ATP match for two years.

The injury defied accurate diagnosis for the longest time, but it was finally determined that he had two tiny fractures in his L-2 vertebrae. Only rest could help. By late last summer, he was ready to reintroduce himself as a threat to accomplish grand things, and he proceeded to make the third round at the U.S. Open, taking out three-time French Open champion Gustavo Kuerten in the process.

At the end of the year, Tursunov had nudged inside the top 100, showing enough promise that Jose Higueras agreed to be his coach. Although 2004 has been a mixed bag of frustration and small triumphs, resulting in two more match defeats than victories, Tursunov's reaching the quarters at Westside has again buoyed his spirits. He is introspective enough to realize how badly he needs to maintain his off-court equanimity when he's whacking tennis balls.

He was able to do that in the third set against his once-and-former and, hopefully, would-be-again countryman Bogomolov after lapsing badly in the second.

"My coach gets angry with me when I get angry and don't stop to think why things happen," Tursunov admitted. "So the first and third sets were good for me. I felt under control. I didn't try to rush."

Under Higueras' tutelage, he appears to be making progress.

"Slowly," Tursunov said.

His next hurdle today is Tommy Haas, who tends to feel more American than German - although he only jokes about changing Davis Cup teams - and also is trying to jump-start an injury-sidetracked career. The Haas-Tursunov winner plays either fourth seed James Blake or fifth seed Andrei Pavel.

Haas, who said his surgically repaired shoulder continues to behave itself, had just a pinch of early trouble in sailing past Paul Goldstein 6-4, 6-2. Blake defeated Davide Sanguinetti 7-5, 6-3, while Pavel struggled to escape Jose Acacuso's clutches, rallying for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory.

GRAPHIC: Photo: Dmitry Tursunov beat Alex Bogomolov Jr. to advance to the quarterfinals of the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships. (color); Josh Merwin / Chronicle

lalaland
06-25-2005, 06:31 PM
For me, his hotness diminished quickly after Pat Mac describes him as Courier like :o .

Saumon
06-25-2005, 06:35 PM
For me, his hotness diminished quickly after Pat Mac describes him as Courier like :o .
haha guy forget did the same :p

MariaV
06-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Well, to the Russian journalists after his 'historic' victory he said also that he is still waiting for the US citizenship, he spoke very nice Russian btw. And as a Russian citizen he is of course representing Russia.

Saumon
06-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Q. The annual question, what is your status with citizenship with the US? Still up in the air?

DIMITRY TURSUNOV: Yes. It's in the works.

Q. Is it any further along than last year?

DIMITRY TURSUNOV: I have no idea. It's something a lawyer would answer. I've stopped a long time ago asking those questions. It's something if it happens it happens.

Q. Got to be frustrating. You've been doing it for two or three years?

DIMITRY TURSUNOV: Actually, it's been since ‑ ever since I came over. So it's been 10 years. There has been some mishaps with applications. So now I guess maybe there's some sort of red flag along with my portfolio. It's more difficult for me to get it than, let's say, for someone who just shows up.

Yeah, I mean, I've missed two or three tournaments this year because I couldn't get the visa for the country. I do get fined for that, surprisingly. It's not really my fault, but there is a firm rule that says if you're entered into a tournament, you miss it without pulling out at a certain time, you do get fined.

Q. So you're traveling under a Russian passport?

DIMITRY TURSUNOV: Russian passport. I stay in America with the visa. It is frustrating, but what can you do?

Scotso
06-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Poor kid. If I was a Senator I'd speed is along for him ;) :hearts:

Aleksa's Laydee
06-26-2005, 12:21 AM

:drool: wow he looks good there :drool:

i saw him today at wimbie...yummy :hearts:

Daniel
06-26-2005, 12:39 AM
:drool:

Scotso
06-26-2005, 01:57 AM
:drool:

oneandonlyhsn
06-26-2005, 02:05 AM
He looks very sexy :drool: , I'm not into pretty boys. I like guys who are a little rough around the edges.

lucashg
06-26-2005, 02:10 AM
He looks good and hot, at least on those off-court photos.

Scotso
06-26-2005, 02:21 AM
I think we need to see him naked now.

alelysafina
06-26-2005, 05:04 AM
I second that Karolbeckfan ;)

DanEd
06-26-2005, 05:29 AM
:eek:
I must say I was surprised what a cheater Tursunov can be on the court.

At 3-all in the 2nd set and 15-15 on Popp's serve, Tursunov ran to a dropshot and touched the net before the ball bounced twice. So the umpire said "30-15". Then Tursunov said to him "I touched the net after the ball bounced twice" and the umpire said "15-30". So Tursunov made the decision for the umpire. And Popp couldn't do anything against it. It was easy to see in the replay that it was Popp's point.

its.like.that
06-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Turso is a keki :lol:

Chloe le Bopper
06-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the offcourt photos :)

I stand corrected. My apologies to the thread starter :)

Aleksa's Laydee
06-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I think we need to see him naked now.
:haha: i agree ;)

Kristen
06-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Damn it. How can I be annoyed with someone who looks like that. LOL!
That lion is f*cking scary! Look into it's eyes!! :scared:

Nimomunz
06-26-2005, 05:42 PM

fucking hilarious...........i snorted my coffee thru my nose coz of that!!

Saumon
06-26-2005, 06:12 PM
btw i must have some more pics saved somewhere on my computer :p

Scotso
06-26-2005, 11:28 PM
post them then :p

and we're still waiting on those naked pics?

binkygirl
06-27-2005, 12:31 AM
That wouldn't be an example to convince. :lol:

Tursunov is ten times better looking than Nalbandian -- Plus his body is nice.

You need you eyes checked.

Nalbandian is the sex (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=nalbandian&fr=FP-tab-img-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8).

sprinterluck
06-27-2005, 12:33 AM
From Tennis-X.com: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-06-26/d.php

California-Russian Dmitry Tursunov as to whether he might attract a clothing sponsor with his success this year at Wimbledon: "I think it's changed. Maybe a couple years ago it would have happened. Now I'm 22. By prodigy standards, I'm pretty old. Neither fish nor fowl. I'm not an up-and-comer and I'm not a veteran either. It's very difficult for me to understand why I wouldn't have a sponsor. :confused: Technically there are a lot of people who get free clothes, like Justine Henin's husband, he gets sponsored by adidas even though he doesn't play
tennis. :tape: :shrug: I guess to them it means more in terms of exposure. I guess I'm not a big enough exposure for certain companies...I get my racquets for free, yes. I only have two actually, believe it or not. I've had some problems with the racquets, the weights and balancing...I'd broken a couple. I think that also the stick that I'm using is a pretty hard one to get...It's a (Head) Prestige, but it's a slightly different weight and balance. They never have those in stock. It's very difficult to get. It kind of has to be way in advance. You have to call them up. Essentially what a player should be doing is they should have their racquets before the tournament. They shouldn't expect them to show up during the tournament.".

binkygirl
06-27-2005, 12:33 AM
As hot as Radek Stepanek and Micheal Llodra :haha:

Stepanek looks like he rides the short bus to school. Blech.

binkygirl
06-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Why didn't Tursunov just marry an American? He could have been a citizen by now.

sigmagirl91
06-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Stepanek looks like he rides the short bus to school. Blech.

:haha: :haha:

Saumon
06-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Why didn't Tursunov just marry an American? He could have been a citizen by now.
his atp profile says he got married when he was 19 but i dont know if she was american... it could have been a wedding of convenience and that's why he's still in trouble to become american :confused:

Saumon
06-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Funny one! (with his baboushka?? :confused: )

http://img56.echo.cx/img56/390/95340950lg.jpg

:p

Scotso
06-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Funny one! (with his baboushka?? :confused: )

http://img56.echo.cx/img56/390/95340950lg.jpg

:p

don't ever post pics like that again! :fiery:

oneandonlyhsn
06-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Dimitry I am going to miss your sexay ass :sad:

So sexy with the backward baseball hat