Mark Philippoussis is bankrupt? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mark Philippoussis is bankrupt?

-wokkel-
06-23-2005, 12:10 PM
It's a rumor that Jacco Eltingh told on the dutch TV today. That's why he has a relationship with that young girl, because her father is one of the riches persons in Florida or something...

Ity wouldn't be the first time:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/07/07/1057430137065.html?oneclick=true

kim-fan
06-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Jacco is such a loser :rolleyes:

-wokkel-
06-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Jacco is such a loser :rolleyes:
Euhm.. Hello.. it's not his own story.. He heard it..

kim-fan
06-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Euhm.. Hello.. it's not his own story.. He heard it..

ohw
well I still don't like him

joeb_uk
06-23-2005, 12:51 PM
It's a rumor that Jacco Eltingh told on the dutch TV today. That's why he has a relationship with that young girl, because her father is one of the riches persons in Florida or something...
Guess it would explain his terrible choice in gf :D

binkygirl
06-23-2005, 12:54 PM
It all makes sense now.

I can't believe Mark blew through all the cash he won.

Nimomunz
06-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Guess it would explain his terrible choice in gf :D
she's not a gf shes a child bride!! Thank you very much!!

gsm
06-23-2005, 01:54 PM
his gf is rich but i have heard zero about philippoussis being bankrupt.

if he was bankrupt i am sure the aussie press would know about it.

Socket
06-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Flip's father would never let that happen to Mark; he's still very involved in Mark's life.

I think Eltingh is getting Mark confused with Goran, who has said that he's close to bankruptcy due to bad investments in Croatia, and who is playing the seniors tour for the cash.

-wokkel-
06-23-2005, 02:23 PM
his gf is rich but i have heard zero about philippoussis being bankrupt.

if he was bankrupt i am sure the aussie press would know about it.
it would not be the first time..

mitalidas
06-23-2005, 02:25 PM
it would not be the first time..

that bast**d pat cash
hitting a guy when the guy's down. incredibly cheap shot

Fumus
06-23-2005, 02:51 PM
After making the 2nd round, collecting endorsement fees from Filas and Head racquets....he's not broke anymore.

flip_fan
06-23-2005, 10:19 PM
It was reported by his agent several months ago that mark was looking to invest in properties overseas (with thanks to the smart guidance of alexis's father) so he sold 2 of his australian investments which gave him over 2 million... i wouldnt exactly say he's bankrupt.

throw in the fact that alexis is walking around with a 6carrot cartier engagement ring isnt the usual signals of someone with cash flow problems, lol.

Also alexis's parents Oscar and Anna barbara were at his 2nd rd match watching proudly and clapping in the Philippoussis camp. The relationship appears to be very genuine and solid.

oneandonlyhsn
06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
It was reported by his agent several months ago that mark was looking to invest in properties overseas (with thanks to the smart guidance of alexis's father) so he sold 2 of his australian investments which gave him over 2 million... i wouldnt exactly say he's bankrupt.

throw in the fact that alexis is walking around with a 6carrot cartier engagement ring isnt the usual signals of someone with cash flow problems, lol.

Also alexis's parents Oscar and Anna barbara were at his 2nd rd match watching proudly and clapping in the Philippoussis camp. The relationship appears to be very genuine and solid.

He is probably doing some serious kissing of her parents ass, I would too if I was set to marry a tycoons daughter. ;)

binkygirl
06-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Flip's father would never let that happen to Mark; he's still very involved in Mark's life.

I think Eltingh is getting Mark confused with Goran, who has said that he's close to bankruptcy due to bad investments in Croatia, and who is playing the seniors tour for the cash.

That's awful, Goran had even more cash that Mark!

switz
06-24-2005, 01:02 AM
he has had serious financial problems for the last 5 years or so. i remember she had to sell all his cars besides one and was living in a friends house in san diego for like a year. they tried to play it down as a "life change" to get his career back on track but it's funny he's now back in miami living his luxurious lifestyle again now he has money ;)

flip_fan
06-24-2005, 04:35 AM
he has had serious financial problems for the last 5 years or so. i remember she had to sell all his cars besides one and was living in a friends house in san diego for like a year. they tried to play it down as a "life change" to get his career back on track but it's funny he's now back in miami living his luxurious lifestyle again now he has money ;)

but he's always had his ranch in delray, thats worth several million. he admitted this year he didnt move to san diego, he was renting as he was considering buying a place. he also bought the ice cream shop in melbourne about 2 years ago and paid 1.5 mil, and a unit in qld last yr for several hundred thousand... so if he was broke how did he afford that?

unless you have an insider source, i think your mixed up with the news reports a couple yr ago when he was with old coach peter mcnemara... mark grew some common sense and got rid of alot of cars and bikes under his influence, they even made the funny agreement that mark wasnt allowed to buy another car until he one a slam (no wonder the relationship didnt last!)

zethand
06-24-2005, 05:32 AM
but he's always had his ranch in delray, thats worth several million. he admitted this year he didnt move to san diego, he was renting as he was considering buying a place. he also bought the ice cream shop in melbourne about 2 years ago and paid 1.5 mil, and a unit in qld last yr for several hundred thousand... so if he was broke how did he afford that?

unless you have an insider source, i think your mixed up with the news reports a couple yr ago when he was with old coach peter mcnemara... mark grew some common sense and got rid of alot of cars and bikes under his influence, they even made the funny agreement that mark wasnt allowed to buy another car until he one a slam (no wonder the relationship didnt last!)
Are u Philippoussis relative? You know everything... :eek:
I dont like his girlfriend... anyway!

alexa18
06-24-2005, 06:00 AM
that bast**d pat cash
hitting a guy when the guy's down. incredibly cheap shot
Pat Cash is a dick. Ever since him and Mark split their Coach-player partnership, he has constantly been putting him down :mad:

flip_fan
06-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Are u Philippoussis relative? You know everything... :eek:
I dont like his girlfriend... anyway!

no, i wish. i guess when your a fan of marks you pay more attention to details, because so much crap gets written about mark the truth seems to get lost in it most of the time.

i like alexis, ever since they got togther marks attitude has changed, and he looks better. she's young, but is very intelligent and her family really like him and are supportive so thats really good. her parents are cuban imigrants and came to america with nothing, her father has worked hard all his life and now owns half of florida so im sure being around ambitious people has motivated him, and changed his attitude towards his effort with training.

robinhood
06-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Whatever the truth is, no worries.
His girlfriend can bring home some bacon coaching other tennis players.