Pat Cash's Comment on Hewitt's Fiancee [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pat Cash's Comment on Hewitt's Fiancee

robinhood
06-22-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed in other threads,
but I am going to post it anyway.
I just read an article on Pat Cash's comment on Cartwright
during Hewitt's 2nd round match.
He was a commentator for BBC and obviously said something he shouldn't have on tv, thinking that his microphone was off.
He said, "I bet she's up the duff."

What does that mean??

Socket
06-22-2005, 08:27 PM
It means she's pregnant, which is not exactly news to anybody (except maybe Cash). Read Lleyton's interview. He laughed it off.

mitalidas
06-22-2005, 08:29 PM
what is it with this very strange man?
He always publicly pokes his nose into the private lives of players -- he made comments about Scud and Anna, then Roger and Mirka, now this.
Is he just frustrated that he has no sex life??

robinhood
06-22-2005, 08:30 PM
??
Is that a slangy way to say that she's pregnant?

mitalidas
06-22-2005, 08:32 PM
it can't be. because he is speculating "I bet she is....", whereas everyone knows she is pregnant

zethand
06-22-2005, 08:34 PM
It was a joke!

Socket
06-22-2005, 08:35 PM
it can't be. because he is speculating "I bet she is....", whereas everyone knows she is pregnant
That's exactly what it means, and what makes this situation so absurd is that Cash is probably the last person in the tennis world to know this! Is the BBC paying this man real money for his "inside knowledge"? They could have hired me for less, I promise you that.

I think that Lleyton knows exactly how weird Cash is, and that's why he reacted as mildly as he did.

Geniey2g
06-22-2005, 08:36 PM
It was a joke!
Yeah, a crap one :rolleyes:
I don't even like Hewitt, but Cash is such an idiot.

Socket
06-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Here's the excerpt from Lleyton's interview:

Q. During the BBC coverage, the cameras were on your girlfriend and your family. Pat Cash was heard to remark, "I beat she's up the duff." I just wonder if you mind your girlfriend being talked about like that?

LLEYTON HEWITT: What did he say?

Q. Pat Cash was commenting on the game. The camera came across your girlfriend. He remarked, thinking his microphone was off, "I bet she's up the duff." The BBC apologized for that. I wonder if you mind her being talked about like that?

LLEYTON HEWITT: You know, Pat's ‑‑ Pat always comes out with some loose comments now and then. Yeah, I was talking to Pat in the locker room just before. He obviously didn't bring that up (laughter). We're obviously pretty good mates. You know, I've got a lot of respect for him as a person.

Q. No offense taken?

LLEYTON HEWITT: No, not from me.

Suzi
06-22-2005, 08:39 PM
??
Is that a slangy way to say that she's pregnant?

well we have loads of stuff to say that someones preggers, like bun in the oven and up the duff

mitalidas
06-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Q. No offense taken?

LLEYTON HEWITT: No, not from me.

lets see if the Missus agrees with the no offense taken

Any weird occurrences with Kimmy running into Beccy, btw?

Socket
06-22-2005, 08:51 PM
lets see if the Missus agrees with the no offense taken

Any weird occurrences with Kimmy running into Beccy, btw?
In any fight between the Missus and Cash, the safe money's on the Missus. :) :)

Hagar
06-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Has anyone already seen Bec at Wimbledon?

Hagar
06-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Anyway, I've seen a bit of Lleyton today and he looks good. Some nice volleys!

tennis4eva
06-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Doesn't "duff" mean "ass" ? :tape:

Raquel
06-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Has anyone already seen Bec at Wimbledon?
I saw her on TV. The front page of yesterdays Sun had a picture of Bec leaning over in a low cut top with the headline "Lleyton's couple of aces" so yeah, she's made her mark already :p

I can't stand Pat Cash. He's not a good commentator and he just says anything that comes into his head. He's only on the BBC because he won Wimbledon. Apparently he's not very popular in Australia. I'm not surprised.

Chloe le Bopper
06-22-2005, 09:49 PM
what is it with this very strange man?
He always publicly pokes his nose into the private lives of players -- he made comments about Scud and Anna, then Roger and Mirka, now this.
Is he just frustrated that he has no sex life??

Somehow I doubt that Pat's problems come from a lack of sex. He was a professional athlete, afterall.

He's just a very irritating little man ;)

Devotee
06-22-2005, 09:49 PM
he made comments about Scud and Anna, then Roger and Mirka, now this.

What did Cash say about Roger & Mirka?

joeb_uk
06-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Cash the biggest wanker in commentating history? how does a tosser like this get commentating jobs :eek: EVERY time i see/hear him on tv, hes talking crap.

Raquel
06-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Cash the biggest wanker in commentating history? how does a tosser like this get commentating jobs :eek: EVERY time i see/hear him on tv, hes talking crap.
The thing is Joe it's only the BBC that employs him apparently. I don't think any Australian TV hire him even during the Australian Open. BBC hire him year after year even when they have Boris and John Mcenroe on the team and I'd rather hear both of them over Pat any day.

I remember he said Lindsay Davenport looked like a shot putter and was 'unladylike'. :rolleyes:

gooner88
06-22-2005, 10:07 PM
The papers before Wimby started were saying that Cash lost his T.V commentating job to Jimmy Connors, and that he was relegated onto radio.
So what the hell was he doing on T.V in the first place?

joeb_uk
06-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Connors is only commentating during the second week i think :shrug: People talk about connors antics and behaviour on court (but listening to him, he is a good commentator and no wanker like cash).

Stevens Point
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't know what he said about Roger and Mirka, but he said back in January 2004 that Roger would do badly without a coach,,, but you all know what kind of year Roger had last year and is having this year.

Maybe he should be just quiet.

Seleshfan
06-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Doesn't "duff" mean "ass" ? :tape:

No, then Cash's comment would've read, "I bet she takes it up the ass." If that is what he meant, Lleyton would've surely confirmed or denied it in his interview.

tennis4eva
06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
No, then Cash's comment would've read, "I bet she takes it up the ass." If that is what he meant, Lleyton would've surely confirmed or denied it in his interview.
lol. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the entire comment. :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
06-22-2005, 11:02 PM
omg. Pat Cash, just shut up and go away.

mitalidas
06-23-2005, 01:11 AM
What did Cash say about Roger & Mirka?

Right before the Oz Open in 2004, Roger and Mrs. went to Mauritius for a vacation. It coincided with Roger's firing of Peter. Just before the Oz started, Pat cash went on air with innuendoes that Mirka was the influence for this

Cash's words:
Why Lundgren got actually got fired is a mystery to me. With a grand slam so close, the timing was not very clever,” said the Australian, who suggested Federer’s girlfriend, former player Miroslav Vavrinec had too much influence on him. “Apparently Federer flew straight off with Vavrinec for a holiday in Mauritius,” Cash said. “Clearly a few decisions were made as the couple sat on a beach with the Indian Ocean lapping at their toes.”

Roger kept his cool in his own dignified way, but maintained a strict distance from this guy, saying:

I cannot believe what he says,” Federer said after cruising through his first-round match in Melbourne 6-3 6-4 6-0 against American Alex Bogomolov. “Everything he said is not true. What he is saying is definitely not right. It’s not fair.”
“I don’t even know Pat Cash. As long as I don’t know him, I can’t take it seriously,” he said. “I know what is true and what is not true, so what Pat Cash says, you know, I don’t really care.”

oneandonlyhsn
06-23-2005, 01:56 AM
Right before the Oz Open in 2004, Roger and Mrs. went to Mauritius for a vacation. It coincided with Roger's firing of Peter. Just before the Oz started, Pat cash went on air with innuendoes that Mirka was the influence for this

Cash's words:
Why Lundgren got actually got fired is a mystery to me. With a grand slam so close, the timing was not very clever,” said the Australian, who suggested Federer’s girlfriend, former player Miroslav Vavrinec had too much influence on him. “Apparently Federer flew straight off with Vavrinec for a holiday in Mauritius,” Cash said. “Clearly a few decisions were made as the couple sat on a beach with the Indian Ocean lapping at their toes.”

Roger kept his cool in his own dignified way, but maintained a strict distance from this guy, saying:

I cannot believe what he says,” Federer said after cruising through his first-round match in Melbourne 6-3 6-4 6-0 against American Alex Bogomolov. “Everything he said is not true. What he is saying is definitely not right. It’s not fair.”
“I don’t even know Pat Cash. As long as I don’t know him, I can’t take it seriously,” he said. “I know what is true and what is not true, so what Pat Cash says, you know, I don’t really care.”

Pat Cash proves over and over again that he is an idiot. Why he still has a job is beyond me :mad:

mitalidas
06-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Faux pas :boxing:
Day 1 interview

Q. I think I'm right in saying you and Lleyton were still together last time you were here. How different is it not having that sort of spotlight on you this time?

KIM CLIJSTERS: You know, I don't think that's anything to talk about now. I'm here to talk about today's match. If you have any other questions, you can go and ask those to somebody else.

oneandonlyhsn
06-23-2005, 03:46 AM
Faux pas :boxing:
Day 1 interview

Q. I think I'm right in saying you and Lleyton were still together last time you were here. How different is it not having that sort of spotlight on you this time?

KIM CLIJSTERS: You know, I don't think that's anything to talk about now. I'm here to talk about today's match. If you have any other questions, you can go and ask those to somebody else.

Clijsters :worship: :worship:
Pat Cash even pisses of people that are known to be too nice and friendly :o .