ESPN's Odd Man Out: A Tennis Question [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ESPN's Odd Man Out: A Tennis Question

Angle Queen
06-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Don’t know if you’re familiar with ESPN’s Stump the Schwab ‘game’ show but this morning’s edition (maybe even a repeat) had a tennis question in the ‘Odd Man’ out category. Here’s the way it works: they put up pictures of four athletes, then read a question. The contestants have to pick who is the ‘odd man’ out...or the one who isn’t part of the answer. His picture is removed until there’s only one guy left.

Can you get the ones on Mens Tennis correct? (Should be mega-easy for this bunch :lol: )

The four players were:

Tim Henman
Roger Federer
Lleyton Hewitt
Andy Roddick

Question 1: Three of these men won ATP tour events in 2004. Who’s the odd man out?

Now, remove your answer from the list and move on to...

Question 2: Of the remaining three, two of them met in the USO Finals last year. Who’s the odd man out?

Now, remove that answer and move on to...

Question 3: Of the remaining two, one of these men beat Pete Sampras in a grand slam final. Who’s the odd man out (the one who didn’t)?

Finally, there’s only one guy left.

Question 4: Who did this remaining player caddy for in a PGA event in 2003?

While the answers were fairly easy for any tennis buff, I was both shocked and pleased they’d even included a tennis question...and that the contestant got them all but the first one correct.

tennisace
06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
1) Timmay
2)Duck
3) Roger
4) Greg Norman

Too easy.

Angle Queen
06-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Too easy.:yeah:

Maybe we should get GWH to come up with an 'expert' version of this...

Heck, anyone...supply your own if you're so inclined!

SwissMister1
06-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Stump the Schwab had a question on I think two weeks ago where they had a list of all the champions at the Aussie Open in the Open Era. The three contestants and the Schwab had to go around naming the champs until they repeated one or got one wrong. They got almost all of them (the Schwab even threw out Brian Teacher!) leaving only, I think, Ashe, Becker, and Johan Kriek (I would have forgotten that one too.) Schwab knows his tennis.

Haute
06-22-2005, 04:43 PM
I had it up until the caddy question. :p I thought Lleyton had caddied for Phil Mickelson for some reason.

Seneca
06-22-2005, 07:13 PM
I guessed the last one could have been Scott Draper :banana: